Tuesday 10th March 2015

A home from home
Forum rules
Welcome to FTN. New posters are welcome to join the conversation. You can follow us on Twitter @FlythenestHaven You are responsible for the content you post. This is a public forum. Treat it as if you are speaking in a crowded room. Site admin and Moderators are volunteers who will respond as quickly as they are able to when made aware of any complaints. Please do not post copyrighted material without the original authors permission.
refitman
Site Admin

Tuesday 10th March 2015

Post by refitman »

Morning all.
PaulfromYorkshire
Site Admin

Re: Tuesday 10th March 2015

Post by PaulfromYorkshire »

Morning!

Strangeness at YouGov this morning. Poll, when I looked, linked to old data and someone on Twitter said they were asked whether they wanted Cameron or Brown as PM!
PaulfromYorkshire
Site Admin

Post by PaulfromYorkshire »

This will make Roger's blood boil! Both the content and the dreadful English.
But are they working? We don’t yet have exam data for almost any of these schools. But in a report Policy Exchange published yesterday, our analysis suggests that, when you look at the impact on schools close to free schools, some interesting patterns emerge. First, when a free school has opened, the predicted collapse of other educational institutions nearby has not happened. Second, it appears that competition between schools is driving up results. For the lowest-performing schools in particular, the presence of a free school nearby is associated with an increase in those schools’ results. Crucially, this increase is greater than that observed among similarly-performing schools that don’t have a free school nearby. Many factors influence the results of an individual school, of course, but this pattern holds across an analysis of 171 open free schools and over 500 schools close to them
http://www.cityam.com/211172/why-free-s ... tely-wrong" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

why-free-school-doom-mongers-have-been-proven-completely-wrong
letsskiptotheleft
Home Secretary

Post by letsskiptotheleft »

Police Scotland is to replace British Transport Police on Scottish railways, there doesn't seem to have been much consultation.

Progressive and open government, courtesy of the SNP.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-31808646" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
FuriousGeorge
Backbencher

Post by FuriousGeorge »

letsskiptotheleft wrote:Police Scotland is to replace British Transport Police on Scottish railways, there doesn't seem to have been much consultation.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-31808646" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
From that article it looks like they are integrating the 200 BTP officers into Police Scotland, which might be sensible.

Although this was my favourite quote:

Mr Matheson told the Police Oracle website that railway policing needed to become part of Police Scotland because of the country's "distinctive approach to policing".

So we are to expect more stop and searches on Scotlands trains than on all of Londons then I guess...
danesclose
Whip

Post by danesclose »

PaulfromYorkshire wrote:Morning!

Strangeness at YouGov this morning. Poll, when I looked, linked to old data and someone on Twitter said they were asked whether they wanted Cameron or Brown as PM!
Morning. Is this the Tory 4 point lead on YouGov? Had a quick look at AS blog this morning & Wintour has already written an article about it.
Presume the Clipped Weighted Moving Average is showing a trend, but we shall see....
Proud to be part of The Indecent Minority.
pk1
Speaker of the House

Post by pk1 »

From the Telegraph morning briefing
After accusing the BBC of "institutional arrogance" in its management of the TV debates, the Tories are calling for one of Auntie's top executives, Sue Inglish, to stand down as the broadcasters' lead negotiator for the debates after it emerged that her husband, John Underwood (no relation to Frank), is a former Labour comms chief. Philip Davies MP said Inglish should "absolutely" step back, adding: "It seems that [the BBC] are stuffed with people who have links to Labour". The Tories have their knives out as David Cameron insisted he would not back down on his final offer of just one televised leaders debate before the election. Peter Dominiczak has the story.
It seems that [the BBC] are stuffed with people who have links to Labour

Always knew Philip Davies was a :toss: but this simply provides us with even more evidence.

Twat !
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

Good-morning.
Sunny day currently.
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

And good-morning to our friends not yet signed in!
Lovely to see there's near 60 of you!
letsskiptotheleft
Home Secretary

Yet another example of wanting it all ways, the independence seeking SNP want the Treasury and Energy department to have offices in Aberdeen, to boost the local economy and give something back after taking for years.

http://www.scotsman.com/news/politics/t ... -1-3714057" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I suggest DEFRA moves to Llandrindod Wells on account of the amount of sheep locally.
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

Post by RogerOThornhill »

PaulfromYorkshire wrote:This will make Roger's blood boil! Both the content and the dreadful English.
But are they working? We don’t yet have exam data for almost any of these schools. But in a report Policy Exchange published yesterday, our analysis suggests that, when you look at the impact on schools close to free schools, some interesting patterns emerge. First, when a free school has opened, the predicted collapse of other educational institutions nearby has not happened. Second, it appears that competition between schools is driving up results. For the lowest-performing schools in particular, the presence of a free school nearby is associated with an increase in those schools’ results. Crucially, this increase is greater than that observed among similarly-performing schools that don’t have a free school nearby. Many factors influence the results of an individual school, of course, but this pattern holds across an analysis of 171 open free schools and over 500 schools close to them
http://www.cityam.com/211172/why-free-s ... tely-wrong" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Policy Exchange bod and non-statistician who doesn't understand that correlation doesn't equal causation thinks that Policy Exchange-backed policy of free schools is just fine non-shocker.

Curious that none of them ever even acknowledge the failures like at Durham. Or perhaps not.

I hate to go all Godwin on you but that co-ordination between PX, the DfE and New Schools Network yesterday was positively Goebbels-like.

Independent charities my arse.
If I'm not here, then I'll be in the library. Or the other library.
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Post by AnatolyKasparov »

For various reasons, I have decided to cut back on my online presence for a while.

So I won't be on here as much for a bit. Will still lurk and post the occasional titbit - this is a lovely place and much appreciated.

On the polls - they show most people want debates and blame Dave for any "logjam". They also show that most of Labour's recent policy announcements are popular.

So, b***ered if I know why they have taken the turn they seemingly have :?

Take care, all :)
"IS TONTY BLAIR BEHIND THIS???!!!!111???!!!"
letsskiptotheleft
Home Secretary

RogerOThornhill wrote:
PaulfromYorkshire wrote:This will make Roger's blood boil! Both the content and the dreadful English.

Policy Exchange bod and non-statistician who doesn't understand that correlation doesn't equal causation thinks that Policy Exchange-backed policy of free schools is just fine non-shocker.

Curious that none of them ever even acknowledge the failures like at Durham. Or perhaps not.

I hate to go all Godwin on you but that co-ordination between PX, the DfE and New Schools Network yesterday was positively Goebbels-like.

Independent charities my arse.
I caught a clip on Sky News yesterday morning, Sky to their credit at least called PX ''a rightwing think tank'' still they gave Jonathan Simons ample time to spout his free schools bollocks.
Eric_WLothian
Secretary of State

Post by Eric_WLothian »

letsskiptotheleft wrote:Police Scotland is to replace British Transport Police on Scottish railways, there doesn't seem to have been much consultation.

Scotland and England have separate legal systems. Police Scotland have no jurisdiction outside Scotland, so will Scottish police jump off/on trains at the border?
letsskiptotheleft
Home Secretary

Eric_WLothian wrote:

Scotland and England have separate legal systems. Police Scotland have no jurisdiction outside Scotland, so will Scottish police jump off/on trains at the border?
Doubt they are too bothered, more concerned about a separate identity in SNP minds.

Seen it Wales, no reasoning. Think its called nationalism.
SpinningHugo
Prime Minister

Post by SpinningHugo »

Sad to see you go into the background AK. You are the reason I found this place.

The reason for the poll move is oil, in my view. The huge fall in oil prices has led to deflation and effectively a financial boost to everyone. Consumer spending rose quite sharply this month. This is now feeding into polling.

Today the spike in court fees occurred. They have been multiplied by 7 (seven). Good luck trying to sue for something now if your claim is not more than 6 figures. By way of comparison, sex discrimination claims have declined by 90% because of changes to funding.

Not feeling very cheery.
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

AnatolyKasparov wrote:For various reasons, I have decided to cut back on my online presence for a while.

So I won't be on here as much for a bit. Will still lurk and post the occasional titbit - this is a lovely place and much appreciated.

On the polls - they show most people want debates and blame Dave for any "logjam". They also show that most of Labour's recent policy announcements are popular.

Don't stay away too long. We need your level headed opinions and analysis to calm us down when we get panicky about the polls. :D
We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office. – Aesop
pk1
Speaker of the House

Post by pk1 »

AnatolyKasparov wrote:For various reasons, I have decided to cut back on my online presence for a while.

Hope everything is ok & come back soon. You will be very much missed.

:hug:
pk1
Speaker of the House

Post by pk1 »

GP practices in one area of England are being offered £650 per session to open on Easter Saturday morning and are asked to sign up by Wednesday this week, according to an area team email seen by Pulse.

Practices across the West Midlands have been offered £150 per hour for the GP covering the three hour session and £200 per session for the remaining staff and overhead costs.
http://www.pulsetoday.co.uk/your-practi ... 0#comments" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

So rather than deal with the issue of under-staffed hospitals, lack of in-patient beds & lack of social care services, NHSE would attempt to bribe GPs into working throughout Easter.

The comments are far from complimentary - this one particularly gets to the nub of it:
We have been offered this in Shropshire and superficially looks a good offer but for me I pay 33% pension contributions made up of 14% employee,14% employer and 5% added years so it falls to £300 then tax at 40% so I earn £180 I would still do it for this as I think it offers a service to patients. However tonight I asked my staff for volunteers and they all refused NHS England are only offering £200 for staff after pension and employee plus employer Ni that's leaves about £150 and NHS England stipulate you HAVE to have a nurse and a receptionist this is £100/50 split or 80/40 after tax for Easter Saturday,they told me to tell NHS England to stick it,the area teams are not used to running a business and confuse gross with net pay so we stay closed
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Post by AnatolyKasparov »

Yeah, everything is fine :)

Just a final poll note - there was a Welsh survey out by YouGov last night, which was actually decent for Labour.

This follows surveys by them of young voters and London - also good for the people's party.

Confused? Yes I am, quite frankly.

And with that, I really am talking a rest. Best wishes to all :D
"IS TONTY BLAIR BEHIND THIS???!!!!111???!!!"
pk1
Speaker of the House

Post by pk1 »

Paul BarryVerified account
‏@TheRealPBarry
http://DailyMail.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; hits back at those sensational allegations of mass theft of other journos' work.

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Apologies if this has skewed the page but can't get image to be readable in normal jpeg size.
Last edited by pk1 on Tue 10 Mar, 2015 11:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
adam
First Secretary of State

Post by adam »

SpinningHugo wrote:Today the spike in court fees occurred. They have been multiplied by 7 (seven). Good luck trying to sue for something now if your claim is not more than 6 figures. By way of comparison, sex discrimination claims have declined by 90% because of changes to funding.
The new fees schedule leaflet is here. The rise in fees is shocking.

I know it was a long time ago, even if thinking about it just makes me feel old, but I worked in a county court office when I first graduated in the early 90s, dealing with fees and filings all day. Now, it's £410 to file for divorce!! I think it was £40 for the few petitioners who weren't legally aided. Consent applications (which, to be clear, means everything has been done and agreed, the District Judge needs to read it over and sign it as a paperwork exercise without any hearing and the office need to copy it and stamp a seal on it) were free in all cases and are now £50, and getting a copy of an order - getting a just-over minimum wage clerk to take one photocopy of one sheet of A4 and stamp a seal onto it - is £10. The fees for money actions just seem to be designed to make sure people don't claim.
I still believe in a town called Hope
AngryAsWell
Prime Minister

Post by AngryAsWell »

Hope you don't stay away to long, you will be missed.
Take care xx
:hug:
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

Post by RogerOThornhill »

Today's "What the bloody hell?" story from education in an ongoing series.

Once upon a time there were two schools that were converted into academies (Crest Boys and Crest Girls) and taken over by E-Act in 2009.

Since then the Ofsted grading has gone as follows:

Boys
Sept 2011.....3
June 2013.....4 (Special measures)

Girls
Sept 2011....3
June 2013.....4 (Serious weaknesses)

Now, in early 2014 it was reported that E Act were going to have to give up 10 schools for which new sponsors would be found. But...not these two!

The two schools were allowed to merge into one last year and was inspected again in January.

Guess what?

Inadequate and in special measures.

How exactly does Cameron think he can simply cope with thousand more primary schools becoming academies when they can't even cope with the ones they have already? Where's the "no excuses for failure" when it comes to academies?
If I'm not here, then I'll be in the library. Or the other library.
pk1
Speaker of the House

Post by pk1 »

I know & expect this will re-open old wounds but seriously, writing like this does Mike Sivier no credit at all.

His latest headline is:
Why are disabled people being asked to die for Labour’s election hopes
and quoting from another's facebook post, he gives a quote apparently from Owen Smith MP:
“We heard from Owen Smith MP today [Saturday, March 7] (a member of the left wing of the of the Labour Party leadership) that it is important for disabled people to continue to die, lest any commitment by Labour to scrap the Work Capability Assessment generate a negative response in the press and affect Labour’s general election chances.
http://linkis.com/voxpoliticalonline.com/Nv3jE" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Click on the link to that facebook post however & this is what you will find:
Liza Van Zyl Update: I was too upset to remain in the meeting Saturday (I started crying so had to leave). Someone raised the issue of the WCA with the shadow sec of state again and apparently he said that while he personally doesn't like the WCA, his Labour colleagues will not support scrapping it because of fears it will play badly with the rightwing press and damage Labour's electoral chances. To me this is pretty much identical in effect to his response to my question. Now, I've since been contacted by other disabled people who've raised the issue with their Labour MPs, and the response has been: yes the WCA isn't nice but if Labour commits to scrapping it, it would appear to be "soft on welfare...."

Question - Where does Sivier find the words he quotes:
that it is important for disabled people to continue to die
Answer - nowhere !

Lies reproduced like this seriously grinds my gears & if he wants to be taken seriously, he needs to quit the tabloidesque writing & report on the facts !!

:fire: :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire:
StephenDolan
First Secretary of State

Post by StephenDolan »

Morning all.

I hope you're still able to post every now and again AK, your input is appreciated by myself and no doubt lots of others.

Regarding the Scum/YouGov we have a similar reweighting as there last poll.

UnW W

Sun/Star 225 351
Guardian 158 77

Apart from that the other categories don't seem to have moved much. I'm wondering how likely that is.
tinybgoat
Speaker of the House

Post by tinybgoat »

AnatolyKasparov wrote:Yeah, everything is fine :)

Just a final poll note - there was a Welsh survey out by YouGov last night, which was actually decent for Labour.

This follows surveys by them of young voters and London - also good for the people's party.

Confused? Yes I am, quite frankly.

And with that, I really am talking a rest. Best wishes to all :D
Be sad to see less of you,
as with Hugo, you're one of the reasons I came to this site in first place,

I've just had a look at yougov polling site,
and don't understand the details,
but have downloaded results for last three of there polls,
the only thing that sticks out is that mix of ages polled changes, from poll to poll,
and maybe gets skewed by more over 60s, and less under 24s
in latest poll acting in Tories favour?

lab+4. con+1. con+4
18-24. 78. 64. 66
25-39. 145. 130. 137
40-59. 345. 335. 319
60+. 279. 310. 318
18-24. 112. 103. 105
25-39. 198. 197. 193
40-59. 374. 344. 363
60+. 217. 271. 244

I know the data gets weighted, but it looks dodgy to me!
(although admittedly that's what I'm hoping to see)

also thanks for people being so welcoming last week
letsskiptotheleft
Home Secretary

Not too bothered about the ''Miliband in Salmond's pocket'' election posters. For starters, most billboards are in fairly large towns and cities, Labour has most cities tied up, if not tied up at least very nearly so.

And however much the press like to bleat, their power diminishes day by day.
AngryAsWell
Prime Minister

Post by AngryAsWell »

pk1 wrote:I know & expect this will re-open old wounds but seriously, writing like this does Mike Sivier no credit at all.

His latest headline is:
Why are disabled people being asked to die for Labour’s election hopes
and quoting from another's facebook post, he gives a quote apparently from Owen Smith MP:
“We heard from Owen Smith MP today [Saturday, March 7] (a member of the left wing of the of the Labour Party leadership) that it is important for disabled people to continue to die, lest any commitment by Labour to scrap the Work Capability Assessment generate a negative response in the press and affect Labour’s general election chances.
http://linkis.com/voxpoliticalonline.com/Nv3jE" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Click on the link to that facebook post however & this is what you will find:
Liza Van Zyl Update: I was too upset to remain in the meeting Saturday (I started crying so had to leave). Someone raised the issue of the WCA with the shadow sec of state again and apparently he said that while he personally doesn't like the WCA, his Labour colleagues will not support scrapping it because of fears it will play badly with the rightwing press and damage Labour's electoral chances. To me this is pretty much identical in effect to his response to my question. Now, I've since been contacted by other disabled people who've raised the issue with their Labour MPs, and the response has been: yes the WCA isn't nice but if Labour commits to scrapping it, it would appear to be "soft on welfare...."

Question - Where does Sivier find the words he quotes:
that it is important for disabled people to continue to die
Answer - nowhere !

Lies reproduced like this seriously grinds my gears & if he wants to be taken seriously, he needs to quit the tabloidesque writing & report on the facts !!

:fire: :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire:
...and now its being spread on twitter
Samuel Miller ‏@Hephaestus7 · 4 mins4 minutes ago
Why are disabled people being asked to die for Labour's election hopes http://voxpoliticalonline.com/2015/03/1 ... ion-hopes/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; … via @MidWalesMike
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

Accept £6 Cut Or Face Worse, G4S Tells Hospital Workers

http://www.morningstaronline.co.uk/a-2e ... P7mDPmsW_F
Evil
We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office. – Aesop
pk1
Speaker of the House

Post by pk1 »

AngryAsWell wrote:
Why are disabled people being asked to die for Labour's election hopes http://voxpoliticalonline.com/2015/03/1 ... ion-hopes/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; … via @MidWalesMike
And that's precisely the problem !

I warned Sivier he had libelled Owen Smith & each and every time it gets RT'd counts as an additional libel. I also notified Owen Smith that he was being libelled.

I also suggested to Smith that he should ask for an apology although he would be perfectly justified in taking legal action - maybe that would finally force bloggers to abide by libel laws of the country.
Attachments
MS.png
MS.png (42.84 KiB) Viewed 14209 times
OS.png
OS.png (30.56 KiB) Viewed 14209 times
TheGrimSqueaker
Speaker of the House

Post by TheGrimSqueaker »

pk1 wrote:
AngryAsWell wrote:

I warned Sivier he had libelled Owen Smith & each and every time it gets RT'd counts as an additional libel. I also notified Owen Smith that he was being libelled.

I also suggested to Smith that he should ask for an apology although he would be perfectly justified in taking legal action - maybe that would finally force bloggers to abide by libel laws of the country.
I have a lot of time for Mike Sivier he does, on the whole, Good Work. But this was depressingly dumb on his part; what is also depressing is how people have bought it unquestioningly and uncritically, confirmation bias to the fore.
COWER BRIEF MORTALS. HO. HO. HO.
AngryAsWell
Prime Minister

Post by AngryAsWell »

pk1 wrote:
AngryAsWell wrote:

Well done :)
It's suggested in her first post
These kind of lies make my blood boil!
AngryAsWell
Prime Minister

Post by AngryAsWell »

AngryAsWell wrote:
pk1 wrote:
AngryAsWell wrote:

Samuel Miller (@Hephaestus7 ) seems to have deleted his tweet-link to the blog
pk1
Speaker of the House

Post by pk1 »

AngryAsWell wrote:

Mine too.

The facebook woman suggested the 'disabled people have to die' crap but Sivier claims she said Owen Smith said it - an altogether different matter & one that needs to be apologised for or face a legal action.

Sadly I don't expect Smith to take action but it would serve them right if he did !
TheGrimSqueaker
Speaker of the House

pk1 wrote:
AngryAsWell wrote:

Mine too.

The facebook woman suggested the 'disabled people have to die' crap but Sivier claims she said Owen Smith said it - an altogether different matter & one that needs to be apologised for or face a legal action.

Sadly I don't expect Smith to take action but it would serve them right if he did !
The initial comment on Facebook is explicable; there are, understandably, a lot of very scared people out there and Reeves & Green have done little to put minds at rest so emotive language is inevitable. However the way in which Mike has distorted the original Facebook post to put words into the mouth of Owen Smith is reprehensible and I just don't get what he is trying to achieve, what his agenda is here; maybe he just doesn't like Owen Smith?
Last edited by TheGrimSqueaker on Tue 10 Mar, 2015 1:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TheGrimSqueaker
Speaker of the House

Final update on my IPSO complain about the Platell "Milly Dowler" piece in the MoS.

Part of my complain was summarily rejected by IPSO, apparently only the Dowler family were allowed to feel that using the name of their daughter was distasteful, the rest of us have to suck it up. The second part, relating to the accuracy of the piece (as Robinson had, by then, basically admitted the quote was his own fabrication) was rejected by the Mail on the grounds that the Labour Party had confirmed to Amanda Platell, and nobody else on the planet, that the comment had indeed been made by one of Ed's aides!!! :smack: So, as expected, a total whitewash.
WelshIan
Committee Member

Post by WelshIan »

nmw.png
nmw.png (28.25 KiB) Viewed 14108 times
Further to the discussion of the ONS real earnings growth chart yesterday, I thought I would see where on the chart the National Minimum Wage (NMW) would be. I've recreated the chart in a simpler way and added NMW in. I've only gone back to 2006, as they only had data back to 2005 on the gov.uk web site.

As you can see, it is very much in line with median earnings change.

The interesting thing to note, from the table, is that those on NMW are currently only earning as much as they did in 2005, and that in 2012 and 2013 they were earning less.
Those who received the median wage increase are earning as much as they did in 2006.

The calculations in the table are my own, based on increases in NMW and annual change in the CPI.
pk1
Speaker of the House

Post by pk1 »

TheGrimSqueaker wrote:Final update on my IPSO complain about the Platell "Milly Dowler" piece in the MoS.

Part of my complain was summarily rejected by IPSO, apparently only the Dowler family were allowed to feel that using the name of their daughter was distasteful, the rest of us have to suck it up. The second part, relating to the accuracy of the piece (as Robinson had, by then, basically admitted the quote was his own fabrication) was rejected by the Mail on the grounds that the Labour Party had confirmed to Amanda Platell, and nobody else on the planet, that the comment had indeed been made by one of Ed's aides!!! :smack: So, as expected, a total whitewash.
Is there any other action you can take ? How about asking @PeterJukes, @Steven Nott (or somebody like that) for advice ?
AngryAsWell
Prime Minister

Post by AngryAsWell »

TheGrimSqueaker wrote:
pk1 wrote:
AngryAsWell wrote:

Mine too.

The initial comment on Facebook is explicable; there are, understandably, a lot of very scared people out there and Reeves & Green have done little to put minds at rest so emotive language is inevitable. However the way in which Mike has distorted the original Facebook post to put words into the mouth of Owen Smith is reprehensible and I just don't get what he is trying to achieve, what his agenda is here; maybe he just doesn't like Owen Smith?
I detest IDS & Mcvile but would never accuse them of saying " that it is important for disabled people to continue to die" that is overstepping the line even against them.
TheGrimSqueaker
Speaker of the House

pk1 wrote:
TheGrimSqueaker wrote:Final update on my IPSO complain about the Platell "Milly Dowler" piece in the MoS.

Is there any other action you can take ? How about asking @PeterJukes, @Steven Nott (or somebody like that) for advice ?
Not terribly high on my list of things to get stressed about at the moment, to be honest; I made my point, and proven that IPSO is a sham, so got what I expected out of this anyway.

@AAW
I detest IDS & Mcvile but would never accuse them of saying " that it is important for disabled people to continue to die" that is overstepping the line even against them.
No, I genuinely think that with Odious it would not be overstepping the mark.
pk1
Speaker of the House

Post by pk1 »

HuffPost UK ‏@HuffPostUK 3h3 hours ago
The photobomb game is over, we have a winner pic.twitter.com/GjuAE0SYkC http://huff.to/1KQdEQ9" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

:clap: :clap:
AngryAsWell
Prime Minister

Post by AngryAsWell »

TheGrimSqueaker wrote:
pk1 wrote:

Not terribly high on my list of things to get stressed about at the moment, to be honest; I made my point, and proven that IPSO is a sham, so got what I expected out of this anyway.

@AAW
If they had not said it then would be overstepping, I don't care how much I dislike someone, telling such an outrageous lie about them would wrong.
TheGrimSqueaker
Speaker of the House

AngryAsWell wrote:
TheGrimSqueaker wrote:
pk1 wrote: Is there any other action you can take ? How about asking @PeterJukes, @Steven Nott (or somebody like that) for advice ?

@AAW
If they had not said it then would be overstepping, I don't care how much I dislike someone, telling such an outrageous lie about them would wrong.
Sorry, you are right of course; even though that thought may be informing his actions, to suggest he has said it when he has not would be wrong. Thought processes still a little woolly at the moment.
pk1
Speaker of the House

Post by pk1 »

Mike Sivier has got back to me on the claims in his latest blog:

Mike Sivier @MidWalesMike · 8m 8 minutes ago
@kb32904 The article features direct quotes from the Facebook post. Scroll to the top of the comment thread. @OwenSmithMP what do YOU say?

Mike Sivier @MidWalesMike · 7m 7 minutes ago
@kb32904 No I haven't. Trust me - I am a journalist, I know the libel law. @Hephaestus7 @OwenSmithMP

Mike Sivier @MidWalesMike · 4m 4 minutes ago
@ephemerid213 This was neither. It was the honest opinion of one who was there, based on what was said. @kb32904 @Hephaestus7 @OwenSmithMP

So it's gone from being a quote by Owen Smith to an opinion by a woman on facebook !
TheGrimSqueaker
Speaker of the House

pk1 wrote:Mike Sivier has got back to me on the claims in his latest blog:

@kb32904 The article features direct quotes from the Facebook post. Scroll to the top of the comment thread. @OwenSmithMP what do YOU say?

@kb32904 No I haven't. Trust me - I am a journalist, I know the libel law. @Hephaestus7 @OwenSmithMP

@ephemerid213 This was neither. It was the honest opinion of one who was there, based on what was said. @kb32904 @Hephaestus7 @OwenSmithMP

So it's gone from being a quote by Owen Smith to an opinion by a woman on facebook !
I note an ex-FTN poster managed to get in a snarky little dig at you. :smack:
pk1
Speaker of the House

Post by pk1 »

Well well well, seems Sivier & the facebook lady most certainly have libeled Owen Smith, despite Siviers protestations to the contrary !

From that same facebook thread but a later post:
Attachments
LVZ.png
LVZ.png (36.78 KiB) Viewed 14008 times
pk1
Speaker of the House

Post by pk1 »

TheGrimSqueaker wrote:
pk1 wrote:Mike Sivier has got back to me on the claims in his latest blog:

I note an ex-FTN poster managed to get in a snarky little dig at you. :smack:
Yeah, I saw that too & ignored it but even he can't accept that a libel repeated is an additional libel !

All those folks that had to cough up for claiming McAlpine was a paedophile is testament to that.
letsskiptotheleft
Home Secretary

From the wonder of twitter, well a link. Social housing clearances in London, this is happening now, I dread to think what it would be like after a Con win. In London last week, there almost seems to be a ''rubbing their noses in it'' attitude, what with developments, billboards and the bumpf for the latest ''luxury development'' boasting ''panoramic views'' awful, just awful.

http://www.citymetric.com/politics/4-ot ... -about-808" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
pk1
Speaker of the House

Post by pk1 »

@AAW & TGS

Have PM'd you both.