Thursday 11th September 2014.

A home from home
Forum rules
Welcome to FTN. New posters are welcome to join the conversation. You can follow us on Twitter @FlythenestHaven You are responsible for the content you post. This is a public forum. Treat it as if you are speaking in a crowded room. Site admin and Moderators are volunteers who will respond as quickly as they are able to when made aware of any complaints. Please do not post copyrighted material without the original authors permission.
Tubby Isaacs
Prime Minister

Re: Thursday 11th September 2014.

Post by Tubby Isaacs »

The rest of the money that London "keeps" includes stuff like Scottish pensions.

You'd think we put it all on dogs at Crayford or something.
Tubby Isaacs
Prime Minister

Post by Tubby Isaacs »

Anyone pointed out that Labour's health service has been ahead of Scotland in the Nuffield comparisons?
AngryAsWell
Prime Minister

Post by AngryAsWell »

UKIP complain at speed of Heywood & Middleton by-election
Yet waste no time in announcing their own candidate.
UKIP have announced their candidate to stand in the Heywood and Middleton by-election. John Bickley , 61, who also stood in the Wythenshaw and Sale East by-election earlier this year, will contest the seat for them.
http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/ ... d--7755476" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
letsskiptotheleft
Home Secretary

Post by letsskiptotheleft »

Tubby Isaacs wrote:Anyone pointed out that Labour's health service has been ahead of Scotland in the Nuffield comparisons?
Nope, that's a bit too nuanced.
letsskiptotheleft
Home Secretary

No wonder Murdoch didn't leak:

No 52%

Yes 48%
Eric_WLothian
Secretary of State

Post by Eric_WLothian »

Tubby Isaacs wrote:
letsskiptotheleft wrote:When challenged about the IFS figures, Sturgeon responds ''it's our money, it goes down to London, and less comes back up'' argument..

Blows a raspberry, shows the audience her arse and runs away..

The last bit I made up, unfortunately.
Barely adult.
Scottish Gov's own figures:
In 2012-13, total Scottish non-North Sea public sector revenue was estimated at £47.6 billion...
When an illustrative geographical share of North Sea revenue is included, total Scottish public sector revenue was estimated at £53.1 billion.

In 2012-13, total public sector expenditure for the benefit of Scotland by the UK Government, Scottish Government and all other parts of the public sector, plus a per capita share of UK debt interest payments, was £65.2 billion.

In 2012-13, the estimated current budget balance for the public sector in Scotland was... a deficit of £8.6 billion... including an illustrative geographical share of North Sea revenue.

http://scotland.gov.uk/Publications/2014/03/7888
Not just barely adult - also barefaced liar! (Sturgeon, of course :) )
Tubby Isaacs
Prime Minister

Post by Tubby Isaacs »

Thanks.

They're worse than the Tories, aren't they?
letsskiptotheleft
Home Secretary

Trust in Salmond dropping like a stone, Gordon's up.

As it should.
TechnicalEphemera
Speaker of the House

Post by TechnicalEphemera »

Tubby Isaacs wrote:The rest of the money that London "keeps" includes stuff like Scottish pensions.

Christ, don't blow Osborne's next great economic plan before the press conference.
Release the Guardvarks.
Spacedone
Whip

Post by Spacedone »

TechnicalEphemera wrote:
Tubby Isaacs wrote:The rest of the money that London "keeps" includes stuff like Scottish pensions.

Christ, don't blow Osborne's next great economic plan before the press conference.
That was supposed to be in the Budget. :D
Eric_WLothian
Secretary of State

Post by Eric_WLothian »

Tubby Isaacs wrote:Thanks.

If Salmond, Sturgeon, Cameron and Osborne turned up on my doorstep, it would be difficult to choose which one to punch (metaphorically) first. :)
howsillyofme
Backbencher

Post by howsillyofme »

Eric_WLothian wrote:
Tubby Isaacs wrote:Thanks.

If Salmond, Sturgeon, Cameron and Osborne turned up on my doorstep, it would be difficult to choose which one to punch (metaphorically) first. :)

I don't mind Sturgeon - I remember her when I was living up there in the late 90s . She was quite raw but is more personable than Swinney and Salmond. I think she is a pretty good politician which doesn't mean I agree with her though

Salmond sees himself as a modern day Ataturk and is getting more and more deranged every day -I think his ego will explode if the Yes side win and I am concerned at his reaction if they lose.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

George Eaton ‏@georgeeaton 2m
Detailed data from Survation and YouGov points to Brown's intervention having significant effect. Right man at the right time.
Poplar, London
Eat dirt Cameron. Brown can work it better than you. (Mind you, most people can probably work it better than Cameron - he seems to have become almost universally reviled.)
Working on the wild side.
AngryAsWell
Prime Minister

Post by AngryAsWell »

Oh look that nice Claire Perry has given Govia a direct award (without competition) to continue services until June 2018.
That's so nice of her :wall:
Southeastern lands four-year rail deal despite rating worst with passengers
Government says operator must improve services and will get less subsidy as part of franchise extension
http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2014 ... -rail-deal" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Bless, she's given them a £142m subsidy to help out as well, such a nice girl.
Tubby Isaacs
Prime Minister

Post by Tubby Isaacs »

Spacedone wrote:
TechnicalEphemera wrote:

That was supposed to be in the Budget. :D
More work will have been done on "Crayford" when it's in the budget than had been done with the "pensions masterstroke".
letsskiptotheleft
Home Secretary

rebeccariots2 wrote:
George Eaton ‏@georgeeaton 2m
Detailed data from Survation and YouGov points to Brown's intervention having significant effect. Right man at the right time.
Poplar, London
Eat dirt Cameron. Brown can work it better than you. (Mind you, most people can probably work it better than Cameron - he seems to have become almost universally reviled.)
Cometh the hour, cometh the man! :fight:

I see the old bastard has commented on tonight's polling, bad day for AS, but not all over yet.. :toss:

Stop polluting this country you odious, dog breathed fucker!! :wall:
Tubby Isaacs
Prime Minister

Post by Tubby Isaacs »

AngryAsWell wrote:Oh look that nice Claire Perry has given Govia a direct award (without competition) to continue services until June 2018.
Government says operator must improve services and will get less subsidy as part of franchise extension
http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2014 ... -rail-deal" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The subsidy seems to be coming down, to be fair, but the fares will just go up. If competition doesn't even yield a bidder against the worst performer, it's not working very well.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

etweeted by alexmassie
Nick Rhys ‏@NickRhys 14m
I think I'm still a Yes, but what a great No argument. best so far. please do read. from @alexmassie : http://specc.ie/1qB9eBn" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I've just read his ' Why I am voting No'. And it's good, very good. So good, I wish it could have been written for one of the Better Together reps to deliver ... it has the head, the heart and the soul in equal measure - isn't mawkish, or fear mongering. It does the trick of describing what it means to be unified.
Working on the wild side.
AngryAsWell
Prime Minister

Post by AngryAsWell »

Tubby Isaacs wrote:
AngryAsWell wrote:Oh look that nice Claire Perry has given Govia a direct award (without competition) to continue services until June 2018.

The subsidy seems to be coming down, to be fair, but the fares will just go up. If competition doesn't even yield a bidder against the worst performer, it's not working very well.
I know, but it just sickens me they way the casually push these things though..

Night all :)