Tuesday 17th.March 2015

A home from home
Forum rules
Welcome to FTN. New posters are welcome to join the conversation. You can follow us on Twitter @FlythenestHaven You are responsible for the content you post. This is a public forum. Treat it as if you are speaking in a crowded room. Site admin and Moderators are volunteers who will respond as quickly as they are able to when made aware of any complaints. Please do not post copyrighted material without the original authors permission.
ErnstRemarx
Secretary of State

Re: Tuesday 17th.March 2015

Post by ErnstRemarx »

adam wrote:There's a less promising poll from TNS earlier today...

Con 33 (+5)
Lab 32 (-3)
and the rest, but Smithson says that TNS seem to have changed their methodology and that probably explains the extent of the swing.

Labour's 36 with YouGov tonight is their best this year.
+5 and -3?

If that doesn't scream outlier to you I'd be surprised.
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

Post by RogerOThornhill »

Tubby Isaacs wrote:
RogerOThornhill wrote:Evening all - school meetings and library is where I've been hiding myself today.

Did we see the Edu Select Committee report on Trojan Horse? The telegraph is clearly not going to play up this bit:
80. The Trojan Horse affair epitomises many of the questions and concerns expressed elsewhere about the changing school landscape and the overlapping roles of the organisations responsible for oversight of schools. In this light, it is less about extremism than about governance and the ability of local and central agencies to respond to whistle-blowers and challenges posed by individual schools. We note once again that no evidence of extremism or radicalisation, apart from a single isolated incident, was found and that there is no evidence of a sustained plot nor of a similar situation pertaining elsewhere in the country.

81. It is important to return to the need to ensure a good education for the children at the schools affected. They, and their schools, will continue to require support from local and central agencies to make this a reality.
So when do we get Gilligan's apology for shit-stirring?

The pupils at those schools are going to that label round there neck wherever they go..."Oh, you went to that school?"

I noted the other week that he was at it again with Small Heath where h came up with a quote about the narrowing of the curriculum which wasn't in the report - quite the opposite in fact.

Nasty little man. And to think he worked at the BBC...
Where does that leave Clarke's report?
I'd have to read it again but a big fuss about nothing much really. This could have been sorted out pretty quietly by the DfE but people will want their headline stories.

That's the second "Academies not that great says Edu Select Committee" inside two days what with the report on their work yesterday.
If I'm not here, then I'll be in the library. Or the other library.
Tubby Isaacs
Prime Minister

Post by Tubby Isaacs »

Did Clarke focus more on people muscling in governing bodies?
LadyCentauria
Speaker of the House
Location: Set within 3,500 acres of leafy public land in SW London

Post by LadyCentauria »

citizenJA wrote:I adore everyone's comments - can you all please know I thank you all without my having to press the thank you button? I'm obliged to you. It takes time for the page to reload after I thank you. I might as well spend that time writing a physical thank you post.

I've mentioned this before today - not using the thank you button because of the time it takes to reload the page - I'm reminding myself. Please don't hesitate to let me know if my not thanking individual posts is too much to bear & I'll do it - I'll thank - the hell with the time it takes.

xx
JA
Perhaps I should follow your example – but it'd be a hard habit to break, for me! Eek! Perhaps I'm responsible for the the excess volume of megabytes!! I don't mind not being thanked, in the least.
This time, I'm gonna be stronger I'm not giving in...
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

Post by RogerOThornhill »

Tubby Isaacs wrote:Did Clarke focus more on people muscling in governing bodies?
I think so - the government didn't accept his point about people being on more then 2 governing bodies - mainly because it would have hit their mates like Moynihan and Lord Nash. I think that they are supposed to declare whether they're a governor anywhere else. What happens if they don't - who checks?
If I'm not here, then I'll be in the library. Or the other library.
LadyCentauria
Speaker of the House

Post by LadyCentauria »

gilsey wrote:
LadyCentauria wrote: Slightly tangentially: Watched the second of the BBC THREE Free Speech series tonight, subheaded 'Battle of the Kingmakers' – which was interesting. The first episode was called 'I'm Ed Miliband, Ask Me Anything.' Next episode (third) is called 'I'm a Conservative, Ask Me Anything' and has the following blurb:
The Conservative Party is under the microscope in an election special. Party chairman Grant Shapps and a panel of those from across the Conservative spectrum face a live audience of over a hundred voters aged 16-34 for an unscripted hour of tough and uncensored questions.
So: Ed Miliband (Leader of the Labour Party) did the first one all on his own; the leaders of the SNP, the Greens, and Plaid Cymru, all appeared for the second one; and the leader of the Conservative Party is nowhere to be seen for the third! Too frit to face questions from a roomful of 100 'young people.'
We predicted that Callme wouldn't do it, didn't we. I think the young people will draw their own conclusions.

Are Clegg and Farage getting a programme each or one between them?
There's no indication on the programme's website, yet, as to the title – let alone the guest list – of the fourth programme in this series. But it is only a four episode series, so Clegg and Farage would be likely guests on episode four and, I suppose, they could invite the DUP...

Yes, we predicted he wouldn't do it. :cheers!: It'd be bloody hilarious if Shapps got shoved out before next Tuesday. Mind, if he is there, I hope he gets some pointed questions as to his identities and activities :rolf:
gilsey
Prime Minister

Post by gilsey »

I won't be here in the morning, I'm going to spend an hour with Martin Rowson. 8-)
http://www.tees.ac.uk/sections/whats_on ... nt_id=7333" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Goodnight.
One world, like it or not - John Martyn
LadyCentauria
Speaker of the House

Post by LadyCentauria »

Oh, wow, Gilsey - you lucky thing! Have great good fun and let us know all about it, please.
Hobiejoe
Minister of State

Post by Hobiejoe »

A literal heads up to fellow night-owls, there is an exceptionally good chance of seeing an aurora over the next few hours. Sadly we are in a valley, facing south on the South Devon coast, so no chance for us. Hope others get to enjoy it!

*edit* Here's a link to a forecast site: http://www.aurora-service.eu/aurora-forecast/
LadyCentauria
Speaker of the House

Post by LadyCentauria »

And we're surrounded by street lights which are reflecting red off the low-ish cloud in South West London :( Hope someone does get to see some auroras, though!