Friday 20th March 2015

A home from home
Forum rules
Welcome to FTN. New posters are welcome to join the conversation. You can follow us on Twitter @FlythenestHaven You are responsible for the content you post. This is a public forum. Treat it as if you are speaking in a crowded room. Site admin and Moderators are volunteers who will respond as quickly as they are able to when made aware of any complaints. Please do not post copyrighted material without the original authors permission.
yahyah
Prime Minister

Re: Friday 20th March 2015

Post by yahyah »

Am a bit out of the loop about Katherine Viner.

Anyone able to hazard a guess as to how she might affect the Guardian as editor ?
More Ed/Labour bashing ?
yahyah
Prime Minister

Post by yahyah »

Anatoly's by election round up from t'other place:

''As people may have noticed I have stopped posting here regularly, but am going to carry on with my local council by-election roundups until the GE.

So here goes, one contest this Thursday after a fallow week previously:

Denbighshire - Labour hold one of their safest seats here (in the run down seaside resort of Rhyl) with nearly two thirds of the vote - this was slightly down on 2012 and there was a decent swing to the Tories who still came a very distant second with less than 18%; Labour also scored higher than in 2008 and 2004. Plaid Cymru stood here for the first time in recent years and were rewarded with a modest 8% - though this was enough to beat both the Independents (who were runners up last time, and had polled quite well as Labour's sole opposition in 2004) and LibDems who fell to a new low (I have been saying this quite a bit lately) of just 3%. No UKIP candidate even though this might sort of area must offer them some potential - and the BNP polled a non-negligible vote in this ward back in 2008 - they have been leaving a few byelection contests uncontested recently; conserving resources ahead of the GE perhaps?

A busy end to the month next week sees five contests - another in Wales and no fewer than four in Scotland. A chance to see how much real votes are backing up the polls.......''
refitman
Site Admin

Post by refitman »

yahyah wrote:
ohsocynical wrote:RAYMOND SPARKES retweeted
Giles Goodall ‏@GoodallGiles 21 hrs21 hours ago

#Ukip has now suspended 18 councillors, 14 candidates, 2 MEPs, 1 national secretary, 1 youth sec, 1 Scottish chair & an entire local branch

1,243 retweets 397 favourites

:shock: :shock: :shock:
I presume those are not all today :lol:

Much as it is good to see the Kippers being punctured, the Sun/Murdoch sting seems to have just appeared at the right time to help the Tories doesn't it ?
I don't think the majority of Kippers will be put off. They still see Farage as a 'man of the people outsider' and all these stories are a MSN conspiracy.
Eric_WLothian
Secretary of State

Post by Eric_WLothian »

ALEX Salmond’s newly-published referendum diaries have been branded the “longest exercise in literary masturbation since politics began” by former Liberal Democrat leader Paddy Ashdown.
http://www.scotsman.com/news/politics/t ... -1-3724238

:lol: :lol: :lol:
yahyah
Prime Minister

Post by yahyah »

Eric_WLothian wrote:
ALEX Salmond’s newly-published referendum diaries have been branded the “longest exercise in literary masturbation since politics began” by former Liberal Democrat leader Paddy Ashdown.

Indeed :lol: Pot, kettle etc.
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Post by AnatolyKasparov »

yahyah wrote:Anatoly's by election round up from t'other place:

''As people may have noticed I have stopped posting here regularly, but am going to carry on with my local council by-election roundups until the GE.

So here goes, one contest this Thursday after a fallow week previously:

Denbighshire - Labour hold one of their safest seats here (in the run down seaside resort of Rhyl) with nearly two thirds of the vote - this was slightly down on 2012 and there was a decent swing to the Tories who still came a very distant second with less than 18%; Labour also scored higher than in 2008 and 2004. Plaid Cymru stood here for the first time in recent years and were rewarded with a modest 8% - though this was enough to beat both the Independents (who were runners up last time, and had polled quite well as Labour's sole opposition in 2004) and LibDems who fell to a new low (I have been saying this quite a bit lately) of just 3%. No UKIP candidate even though this might sort of area must offer them some potential - and the BNP polled a non-negligible vote in this ward back in 2008 - they have been leaving a few byelection contests uncontested recently; conserving resources ahead of the GE perhaps?

A busy end to the month next week sees five contests - another in Wales and no fewer than four in Scotland. A chance to see how much real votes are backing up the polls.......''
Already posted above by refitman ;)

Re the Graun appointment, Viner is at least a better prospect than the other rumoured candidate (Katz) was- he might just possibly have finished the paper off in a few years.

I hope she takes on board some of the criticisms that have been made here and elsewhere about the paper's recent direction.
"IS TONTY BLAIR BEHIND THIS???!!!!111???!!!"
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

55DegreesNorth wrote:http://www.theregister.co.uk/2015/03/20 ... ystem_gds/

Here's the latest Coalition IT cock up. The Rural Payments Agency (digital by default) can't launch its new systems coz they don't work. They never has, as my mole told me 8 months ago. Francis Maudes Government Digital Service have fucked Jo most of YouGov, lost loads of data and trashed old sites that actually worked.
Perhaps the MSM might eventually pick up on it.
Don't underestimate the lengths current government will go for the wealthy landowners (numbering in relatively small numbers, making it easier to serve them alone) to reassure them they'll not miss getting their benefit payments soon-soon.
With a charming gourmet food basket & rare bottle or two with their payment.
Basic Payment Scheme deadline
Rural Payments Agency
19 March 2015
Food and farming and Rural and countryside

Farmers and agents will be offered the use of established forms and processes to complete their claims
The Basic Payment Scheme guidance for 2015 and the RLE1 form Steps to ensure that farmers and their agents can complete their Basic Payment Scheme (BPS) claims on time have been announced by the Rural Payments Agency (RPA) today.

While the core and registration parts of the Rural Payments system are working well, there have been performance problems with the online interface that farmers and agents use. The RPA is now offering farmers and their agents the use of established forms and processes to complete their claims by the deadline. The RPA will then input this data on to the system.

The RPA has ensured it has the resources it needs to undertake this work on time. This means that it will be able to make payments to farmers from December 2015.

Apart from registering, farmers will not be asked to enter any further data online now. Data that has already been entered onto the system has been saved and will be used.

RPA Chief Executive; Mark Grimshaw said: “My priority is to ensure that every farmer and agent has the help they need to make their claims on time. Using tried-and-tested RPA forms will make this happen.”

“Having listened to feedback, the RPA will now combine existing forms that farming businesses are used to, with data that the Rural Payments system already has. This will mean that everyone who is registered and wants to complete a 2015 Basic Payment Scheme claim can do so.”

Farm businesses with little change to their land will be fast-tracked by the RPA. They will receive an email in April that summarises the land and entitlement information already held, together with simple instructions on completing their claim by email. The RPA has identified approximately 39,000 farmers in this category.

All agents will have received maps of their clients’ land from the RPA by the end of next week. Those dealing with the most complex cases will be offered additional support. The RPA is also working to give them direct access to the system.

Mark Grimshaw also said: “We welcome today’s announcement by Commissioner Hogan to offer an extension of the deadline for BPS claims to 15th June.”

All farmers and their agents can get tailored help at any of 50 RPA drop-in centres or by calling the RPA helpline on 03000 200 301. The RPA is also providing mobile units to help reach the most isolated and vulnerable farmers.

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/rura ... e-deadline" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
(my cynical bold & underlining)

Some people get extra resources, staff are found & time extensions graciously extended in order for their benefit entitlement payment getting to them ASAP.

Don't you worry now, you won't have to enter your details at all, Landowners, we'll make sure we get someone to do that. Don't you worry. You'll get your December payments like you're used to. I'm in the Land Rover now! Driving to you! Don't fret about computer technical difficulties. You like a nice claret? Take all the time you & your agents need!

It's clear government can bust a move when they want to. Current government have no end of funds, time & quick-quick responses for a a five digit number of land owners used to getting their payments regular & without trouble.

What do you grow, now?

I understand that not all farmers are wealthy people.
Most of them are.
Certainly the 'clients' current government are falling over themselves to placate & serve demonstrated on the website linked above won't go hungry.
StephenDolan
First Secretary of State

Post by StephenDolan »

Tubby Isaacs wrote:
pk1 wrote:
Tubby Isaacs wrote:I don't like it. Easy to get media storm over "we haven't cut health".
It's as close to the truth as it can be.

If the Cons get in & stick to the spending plans outlined in the OBR budget book, the NHS will be affected - it can't not & at least it's not attacking anybody personally - doubt the Cons will avoid doing that with their poster campaign !
I personally think Osborne's plans will be breached by a mile like they have been this time.

They only need one truth to hang on to and get the attack turned against Labour.

They haven't cut the NHS budget.
They have in real terms.
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

Goodnight, everyone.
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

Good-night, PF.
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

I'm researching The Rural Payment Agency (RPA) & the Common Agricultural Policy (CAP) schemes in greater detail. I ask your pardon, friends, if I caused offence having a good rant at 'landowners'. I bet they're some people subsidised through this program who're on a small area of land making a go of a difficult endeavour. I don't know them. I'd like to. I read that grovelling UKgov webpage full of extra resources & time extensions & mobile units dispatched to care for vulnerable rural farmers. I know some vulnerable city pensioners. The mobile unit dispatched to them are allowed 15 minutes to care. Care workers are donating their life & time for the relief of those current government don't care about. I hope no grower of food & sustainer of the land goes without anything they need to thrive. I want the same for us all.
Basic Payment Scheme
Last updated 09 March 2015
The Basic Payment Scheme (BPS) will open to farmers from March 2015.

BPS will pay eligible farmers to protect and enhance the countryside. Farmers will require BPS entitlements to claim BPS and to prove they’re an active farmer.

Following a legal challenge, the Welsh Government has agreed that the previously communicated definition of the Welsh BPS payment regions will be quashed and new options will be considered and consulted upon this Spring 2015.

http://gov.wales/topics/environmentcoun ... e/?lang=en" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

Michael Francis Cox ‏@mikefcox 14h14 hours ago
“@TottenhamLabour: #PQT #ToryCarCrash

Boris heckled and booed in Haringey... pic.twitter.com/GB2ZUCrdx7” not good reception at Brunel either!
And just occasionally you read something that brings a smile to your face :D
We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office. – Aesop
Tubby Isaacs
Prime Minister

Post by Tubby Isaacs »

ohsocynical wrote:

Boris heckled and booed in Haringey... pic.twitter.com/GB2ZUCrdx7” not good reception at Brunel either!
He didn't go down well in Catford either.
Tubby Isaacs
Prime Minister

Post by Tubby Isaacs »

Eric_WLothian wrote:

Always suspicious of diaries. Suspect bits are left out which get proved wrong subsequently.
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

WAS GRANT SHAPPS TRADING AS A “CORPORATION” WHICH DIDN’T ACTUALLY EXIST?

http://politicalscrapbook.net/2015/03/w ... lly-exist/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
ErnstRemarx
Secretary of State

Post by ErnstRemarx »

Nice stuff from the Morning Star:

http://www.morningstaronline.co.uk/a-df ... QxkmuE0-g0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

and a bit more...

http://www.morningstaronline.co.uk/a-b7 ... Qxkn-E0-g0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Eric_WLothian
Secretary of State

Post by Eric_WLothian »

Tubby Isaacs wrote:
Eric_WLothian wrote:

Always suspicious of diaries. Suspect bits are left out which get proved wrong subsequently.
Funny you should say that!

From the review on http://www.politics.co.uk/comment-analy ... ex-salmond
...while the central portion takes the form of a diary it seems likely it wasn't written up every day, but rather fleshed out from notes later on (with subsequent rewriting by 'associate editor' and Scottish Sun deputy editor Alan Muir).
The review is as unenthusiastic as Paddy Ashdown's comment but David Torrance doesn't use Paddy's gifted phraseology!
Tubby Isaacs
Prime Minister

Post by Tubby Isaacs »

I'd venture those notes have been rather selectively chosen too.

Bits like "Alistair Darling runs down Scotland by pointing out risk of relying on oil", that won't be in, will it?
Eric_WLothian
Secretary of State

Post by Eric_WLothian »

Tubby Isaacs wrote:I'd venture those notes have been rather selectively chosen too.

Bits like "Alistair Darling runs down Scotland by pointing out risk of relying on oil", that won't be in, will it?
You're not David Torrance by any chance? :lol:

Another quote from the review:
Much of the book could be summed up as 'why I was right and everyone else was wrong'.
Tubby Isaacs
Prime Minister

Post by Tubby Isaacs »

I'm not David or indeed Sam Torrance.

But I like their style.
AngryAsWell
Prime Minister

Post by AngryAsWell »

Academic who travels the world as government adviser set to be deported - because she is out of the country too much to get a visa

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... -visa.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Rebuilding our international reputation after this lot are gone is going to be a hard task :fire:
AngryAsWell
Prime Minister

Post by AngryAsWell »

Nigel Farage: ring-fencing the NHS is 'nonsense'

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/po ... 23958.html#" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
AngryAsWell
Prime Minister

Post by AngryAsWell »

This Major Newspaper Just Declared War on Fossil Fuels
http://www.motherjones.com/environment/ ... e-campaign" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Prelude to coming all out for the Greens just before the election? Or am I being to cynical?
diGriz
Committee Chair

Post by diGriz »

AngryAsWell wrote:This Major Newspaper Just Declared War on Fossil Fuels
http://www.motherjones.com/environment/ ... e-campaign" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Prelude to coming all out for the Greens just before the election? Or am I being to cynical?
Unless the Greens say they'll implement Leveson.
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

FirstTransPennine Express direct award reaction - Michael Dugher
Michael Dugher MP, Labour’s Shadow Transport Secretary, responding to the announcement of a new direct award the Department for Transport has agreed with FirstTransPennine Express, said:

“Ministers have once again signed up to another direct contract award to a private sector rail company, desperate to get these contracts out of the door before the General Election. At the same time, they won’t even let the public sector bid in competitions to run our railways.

“This announcement is a textbook example of everything that is wrong with the current system. It’s why we need Labour’s proposed changes that will put the current franchise system in the bin, create a public sector operator and ensure a strong passenger voice within a more publicly-controlled railways.

“Hard-pressed passengers have had enough of the rip-off fares and the worsening services that define the status quo on our railways, thanks to out-of-touch ministers.”

MARCH 20, 2015 (6:24 PM)
http://press.labour.org.uk/post/1141464 ... d-reaction
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

I love trains.
AngryAsWell
Prime Minister

Post by AngryAsWell »

Osborne faces doubling austerity cuts to £48bn a year to hit targets, says FT

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

Scientists at Large Hadron Collider hope to make contact with PARALLEL UNIVERSE in days

http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/565 ... SE-in-days
I've sworn for a long time that Shapps lives in a parallel world. I wonder if they'll bump into him.
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

'Praetorian guard' plan to save Cameron from being unseated after election
Loyalists asked to take to airwaves in support of prime minister and stem leadership challenge if Tories fail to secure decisive majority

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/201 ... -unseating" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It's not okay for Dave or Chancellor Jeff to lurk the nest here for inspiration.
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

Post by RogerOThornhill »

The front of the Mail tomorrow has a story about a future £2,000 fine for filing late tax returns.

You can just hear the "Hang on, I thought he'd abolished tax returns the other day!" which will come next.

https://twitter.com/suttonnick/status/5 ... 04/photo/1
If I'm not here, then I'll be in the library. Or the other library.
LadyCentauria
Speaker of the House
Location: Set within 3,500 acres of leafy public land in SW London

Post by LadyCentauria »

AnatolyKasparov wrote:Have made my first visit to the other place since March 9 to post my regular byelection review :)

Will carry on posting them there until the GE, and may get involved a bit more in things near to the day itself - but I strongly suspect that will be the end of my time at CiF; I have come to the conclusion it was that site that was stressing me out more than any other.

Of course, if Rubbisher's successor brings in some much needed changes I may reconsider - but I am not holding my breath :twisted:
Perhaps you could have your own By-Elections column (topic) here? "AnatolyKasparov's Election Blog"?
This time, I'm gonna be stronger I'm not giving in...
LadyCentauria
Speaker of the House

Post by LadyCentauria »

citizenJA wrote:
PorFavor wrote:Now that the dust has settled, I was expecting much more analysis of the budget today. I can't find anything much at all, which I feel is rather strange.
Yeah, what's this about then? I swallowed my gum.

George Osborne set to meet deficit target after rise in tax receipts
Government borrowing fell to £6.9bn in February, taking the total this year to £81.8bn

http://www.theguardian.com/business/201 ... x-receipts" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Lots more self-employed people? Lots more fines from late payments? Just guessing.
StephenDolan
First Secretary of State

Post by StephenDolan »

http://www.thebureauinvestigates.com/20 ... ge-funder/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I like the Bureau but this piece seems to be overly aggressive. Shame on him for having a common name, making it hard to determine who he is!
StephenDolan
First Secretary of State

Post by StephenDolan »

http://huff.to/1Bab8JG" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Faith on why you should vote.
Tubby Isaacs
Prime Minister

Post by Tubby Isaacs »

citizenJA wrote:
FirstTransPennine Express direct award reaction - Michael Dugher
Michael Dugher MP, Labour’s Shadow Transport Secretary, responding to the announcement of a new direct award the Department for Transport has agreed with FirstTransPennine Express, said:

“Ministers have once again signed up to another direct contract award to a private sector rail company, desperate to get these contracts out of the door before the General Election. At the same time, they won’t even let the public sector bid in competitions to run our railways.

“This announcement is a textbook example of everything that is wrong with the current system. It’s why we need Labour’s proposed changes that will put the current franchise system in the bin, create a public sector operator and ensure a strong passenger voice within a more publicly-controlled railways.

“Hard-pressed passengers have had enough of the rip-off fares and the worsening services that define the status quo on our railways, thanks to out-of-touch ministers.”

MARCH 20, 2015 (6:24 PM)
http://press.labour.org.uk/post/1141464 ... d-reaction
It's been extended for another year only, so Labour could tender a public sector rail co v them then.

That'll be 12 years with this contractor. It might be hard for the public sector co to shift them, with best will in the world. Could be very clever political trap- this lot win again, and Labour attacked from the left?
PaulfromYorkshire
Site Admin

Post by PaulfromYorkshire »

Too tired to write anything new tonight so thought I would revisit Shelley
‘Ye who suffer woes untold,
Or to feel, or to behold
Your lost country bought and sold
With a price of blood and gold—

‘Let a vast assembly be,
And with great solemnity
Declare with measured words that ye
Are, as God has made ye, free—

[....]

‘Rise like Lions after slumber
In unvanquishable number—
Shake your chains to earth like dew
Which in sleep had fallen on you—
Ye are many—they are few.’
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

I've finally managed to get the computer I use to function with all it's Linux open source bits in harmony.
Labour majority.
It's going to happen.
The UK Parliamentary TV page is in a Beta format now.

http://www.parliamentlive.tv/Commons" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I'm too tired to watch Ed Miliband's response to Jeff's budget now.

Thing about democratically elected governments they're allowed to act in the best interests of the people they're representing. Business can't legitimately trump democratically accountable public servants. Businesses have acted contrary to what most people voted for & governments have been known to allow them to do so. But it doesn't have to be that way.

I was hoping someone else had looked over that incongruous G article with allegations Osborne might meet a target. If we were on a different planet in a different solar system on a bad day, yeah, it could happen.
Last edited by citizenJA on Fri 20 Mar, 2015 11:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LadyCentauria
Speaker of the House

Post by LadyCentauria »

ohsocynical wrote:

Aww poor Boris :rofl:
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

goodnight, friends
love
JA
LadyCentauria
Speaker of the House

Post by LadyCentauria »

RobertSnozers wrote:
StephenDolan wrote:
Tubby Isaacs wrote: I personally think Osborne's plans will be breached by a mile like they have been this time.

They only need one truth to hang on to and get the attack turned against Labour.

They haven't cut the NHS budget.
They have in real terms.
The Tories are planning a big blitz on health next week. It will all be about Cameron personally improving the NHS.
Oh great :(
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

LadyCentauria wrote:
RobertSnozers wrote:
StephenDolan wrote: They have in real terms.
The Tories are planning a big blitz on health next week. It will all be about Cameron personally improving the NHS.
Oh great :(
I wouldn't worry too much - their 'education week' was dire and ridiculed by the profession.
AngryAsWell
Prime Minister

Post by AngryAsWell »

PaulfromYorkshire wrote:Too tired to write anything new tonight so thought I would revisit Shelley
‘Ye who suffer woes untold,
Or to feel, or to behold
Your lost country bought and sold
With a price of blood and gold—

‘Let a vast assembly be,
And with great solemnity
Declare with measured words that ye
Are, as God has made ye, free—

[....]

‘Rise like Lions after slumber
In unvanquishable number—
Shake your chains to earth like dew
Which in sleep had fallen on you—
Ye are many—they are few.’
Well said - we are many more than they think - Landslide :)
LadyCentauria
Speaker of the House

Post by LadyCentauria »

citizenJA wrote:I love trains.
Me too. And I particularly love it when I hear the chuffing of a steam train, and sometime's its whistle, when they're using the track towards (or back from) Clapham Junction and onwards to Victoria or Waterloo. Even better if I can get to the level crossing in time to see one. Not a regular service, of course, but Specials.

I spent a major part of my youth down on the Romney Marsh, so the Romney Hythe & Dymchurch Railway was our normal, everyday, train service. As well as the main stations there were halts dotted about where you could wait for a passing train and hail it like hailing a bus at a request-stop. It's a truly beautiful line with all its one-third sized steam locomotives and runs a full timetable except on Christmas Day. Friends used it to get to school in Hythe and today's children still do, commuters use it for work, rail enthusiasts travel from all over the world to see it, and it fair flows over with holiday makers during the season. I miss it, immensely:
Romney Hythe & Dymchurch Railway
LadyCentauria
Speaker of the House

Post by LadyCentauria »

AngryAsWell wrote:Osborne faces doubling austerity cuts to £48bn a year to hit targets, says FT

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Cripes! That would be, I was going to say appalling but it needs a stronger term than that :(
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

Sam Freedman
‏@Samfr
Wonder how Carswell feels RT @dan4barnsley: 2 UKIP candidates suspended & third resigns due to "open racism" in party http://bbc.in/1H9WOp5" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Well quite.

Probably thinking something like "What on earth have I done?"
LadyCentauria
Speaker of the House

Post by LadyCentauria »

RogerOThornhill wrote:The front of the Mail tomorrow has a story about a future £2,000 fine for filing late tax returns.

You can just hear the "Hang on, I thought he'd abolished tax returns the other day!" which will come next.

https://twitter.com/suttonnick/status/5 ... 04/photo/1
And that's exactly what was said on Sky News' Press Preview, tonight. It's a heck of a leap in the amount of the fine, unless what is actually being proposed is a maximum accumulated fine. Cannot bear to look at the Fail in order to find out, though...
LadyCentauria
Speaker of the House

Post by LadyCentauria »

RogerOThornhill wrote:Sam Freedman
‏@Samfr
Wonder how Carswell feels RT @dan4barnsley: 2 UKIP candidates suspended & third resigns due to "open racism" in party http://bbc.in/1H9WOp5" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Well quite.

Probably thinking something like "What on earth have I done?"
Probably. Well, there's a potential three seats into which Farage could parachute high-profile defectors from other parties. If such creatures exist...