Wednesday 25th March 2015

A home from home
Forum rules
Welcome to FTN. New posters are welcome to join the conversation. You can follow us on Twitter @FlythenestHaven You are responsible for the content you post. This is a public forum. Treat it as if you are speaking in a crowded room. Site admin and Moderators are volunteers who will respond as quickly as they are able to when made aware of any complaints. Please do not post copyrighted material without the original authors permission.
gilsey
Prime Minister

Re: Wednesday 25th March 2015

Post by gilsey »

utopiandreams wrote:
ohsocynical wrote:...

Here's a few I remember.
Soon after he got in, Dave was using tax payers money for a personal photographer. Big outcry, and he dropped him...
Thanks for the list which I shall copy for starters. Funnily enough we both initially though of the very same thing, shown above. What I intend to do is compile such list with links to corroborating articles. It may possibly just be a list of headlines with links. Dunno yet. However it works out I'll post it here and in the other place. If I feel really bold and it's worthy I may even contact Channel 4 too. Their news department appears to think as we, so some of the links may be in their direction.
There's a list I picked up, in Features and Analysis on this board - 40 ways to waste 34bn, with links. I didn't check the links though, don't know how good they are.
One world, like it or not - John Martyn
pk1
Speaker of the House

Post by pk1 »

NewsNight has just re-run the VAT question posed by EM earlier today & the response by Cameron:
The Prime Minister:
In 43 days’ time, I plan to arrange the right hon. Gentleman’s retirement. But he is right: straight questions deserve straight answers, and the answer is yes.
What he actually said was
Straight answers deserve straight questions
The idiot can't even get that sentence in the right order.
utopiandreams
Speaker of the House

Post by utopiandreams »

pk1 wrote:... What he actually said was
Straight answers deserve straight questions
The idiot can't even get that sentence in the right order.
I noticed that too, pk1, but gave him the benefit of the doubt when he fired that NI question back at Miliband, but then he did make other mistakes too, such as an extra 20,000 bureaucrats in the NHS. So who knows?
I would close my eyes if I couldn't dream.
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

goodnight, friends
love
cJA
LadyCentauria
Speaker of the House
Location: Set within 3,500 acres of leafy public land in SW London

Post by LadyCentauria »

diGriz wrote:
LadyCentauria wrote:
pk1 wrote:For your pleasure:

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

:rofl: :rofl:
Oh dear me! That is really bad – and not in a good way. I'll never get that minute back :(
You managed a whole minute?
I was trying to work out if it was a new way to flow across the beat, at first, but no. It was just so inept an attempt at what can be such a brilliant artform – and I was so amazed that it wasn't some sort of spoof but a product the LibDems had actually paid for/authorised – that I was frozen in horror, even after it finished!

Edit to a second 'so'...
Last edited by LadyCentauria on Thu 26 Mar, 2015 12:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
This time, I'm gonna be stronger I'm not giving in...
LadyCentauria
Speaker of the House

Post by LadyCentauria »

ErnstRemarx wrote:
LadyCentauria wrote:
ErnstRemarx wrote: Oak this time. Fresh crusty white bread too.
Any left? I'm a bit stuck for what to have for supper and can't do proper cooking today – I've gone all droppy, again.
Marmoset pate, or, if you're feeling unadventurous, cheese flavoured ice cream.
Excellent! Two courses :)
LadyCentauria
Speaker of the House

Post by LadyCentauria »

diGriz wrote:I quite like Bercow. The only tory I think I've respected. He's done his job well.
Me too. And if they succeed in getting election of the Speaker turned into a secret ballot, what next? Voting-booths and a ballot box for secret-voting on bills and amendments instead of going through the lobbies?
LadyCentauria
Speaker of the House

Post by LadyCentauria »

utopiandreams wrote:
ohsocynical wrote:@UtopianDream

I expect you remember these.

Lord Freud called us 'stock'.
IDS said to put our kids in second hand clothes.
Not forgetting Plebgate.
We had the horse meat scandal which was never resolved.
Thanks again and indeed you've come up with one I didn't even know, namely IDS telling people how to clothe their kids. I suppose I should compile and post current suggestions before the list is complete so that others may add to them too. It shall be quite pleasing to furnish it with references. I have no doubt that Tories shall be upping the volume before the election and now more than ever they need to be challenged. Labour may not want a dirty campaign but I have absolutely no compunction in highlighting past events. We only have six weeks to go.
Perhaps start a new topic on the Features and Analysis Board? You'd be able to edit your headline post (OP) – if and when you find references to link to – and others could make suggestions via comments.
LadyCentauria
Speaker of the House

Post by LadyCentauria »

Education matters: Colleges say 'swathe of cuts' threatens adult education

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-32017137
Adult education in England "will not exist by 2020" if government cuts continue, colleges have warned.
The Association of Colleges says 190,000 adult education places will go next year, as funding is cut by 24%.
It says: "Adult education and training in England will not exist by 2020 if the government continues with its swathe of cuts."
Adult Learning and Further Education provision has already been cut to the bone and now funding has been reduced to £3.9bn. Whatever happened to 'lifelong learning' and 'a well-educated flexible workforce for a world of work based on portfolio-careers' rather than 'a job for life'? Not to mention learning for its own sake. If all we're left with is education for the under-19s followed by university for those who can, or New Modern 21st Century insert-as-applicable apprenticeships, do we count that as progress? I don't!

Edited to match the way I altered some bits and added others when I made a cross-posting to our Education Matters Board, with the title Adult Education Funding Cuts