Friday 12th September 2014

A home from home
Forum rules
Welcome to FTN. New posters are welcome to join the conversation. You can follow us on Twitter @FlythenestHaven You are responsible for the content you post. This is a public forum. Treat it as if you are speaking in a crowded room. Site admin and Moderators are volunteers who will respond as quickly as they are able to when made aware of any complaints. Please do not post copyrighted material without the original authors permission.
Eric_WLothian
Secretary of State

Re: Friday 12th September 2014

Post by Eric_WLothian »

Tubby Isaacs wrote:
Eric_WLothian wrote:
Tubby Isaacs wrote:Actually talking of Jim Sillars, he's called Brown a liar on the NHS in Scotland.

His letter to the Daily Record looks like bollocks to me.

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Note the lack of quote that the UK can do anything it likes with Scotland. Nor does moving the sea boundaries prove it can, any more than the UK army closing a base would. Some things are explicitly UK with devolution as everyone knows.

And this sea transfer, per the standing order, was before the Scottish Parliament opened.

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/1999 ... ction/made" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

But I think the YES side might have a point on TTIP. The EU has lots of regions in it- do they get their own vetoes?
The rebranding of the 'Scottish Parliament' and the 'Scottish Executive', as set up in the Scotland Act of 1998, into the 'Scottish Government' was just that - rebranding.
Strictly speaking, Holyrood is not the home of the Scottish Government - the latter sits in Westminster. Holyrood is a devolved parliament with authority over such matters as are authorised in Westminster - so technically, Jim Sillars could be correct. There is provision in the Scotland Act for the Queen/Parliament to vary the areas that are reserved or devolved so they could, in theory, reserve everything and declare MSPs redundant. (Having said that, I believe the Act of Union guarantees that education and law remain separate from England).
The sea boundaries are a constitutional (reserved) matter.
Thanks. Terrible argument by Sillars though, isn't it?

A anti-Nat site I saw said that the boundaries were being drawn in line with UN convention. Is that right? And wouldn't it go in the same place with independence?
I vaguely remember a dispute over whether the sea boundary from Berwick should be at right-angles to the coast (leaving most of the oil in Scottish waters) or should be a continuation of the land border (which apparently heads north and would leave some oilfields in English waters). I don't know what the UN convention dictates.
I think the government also legislated to take Rockall out of Scottish jurisdiction!
ErnstRemarx
Secretary of State

Post by ErnstRemarx »

letsskiptotheleft wrote:http://www.ft.com/cms/s/2/085b4586-d5fc ... z3D5WgkMFk

Essay from Simon Schama, on the ties that bind.
It is a good article, and quite timely.

I'm quite encouraged by the quality of many of the comments posted BTL as well. Having given up on the Graun, I might just have found my spiritual and intellectual home - after FTN that is.
letsskiptotheleft
Home Secretary

Post by letsskiptotheleft »

Tubby Isaacs wrote:
letsskiptotheleft wrote:
Tubby Isaacs wrote: Surely that' "vibrant democracy", unless many of the people are Asian, in which case it's "third world corruption"?
Could you imagine the furore if Luther and his pals organised marches to the polling booths?

If it happens that is, could be a load of bollocks flying about, something we must be careful off in the next week, moi especially.

I can get though the feelings that some are expressing, the ''they've trying to break my ******* country up'' hand on heart I would feel the same if PC were doing it here..

I like that, Luther!
Aye, he's turned into Idris Elba.
PaulfromYorkshire
Site Admin

Post by PaulfromYorkshire »

Stephen Fisher who was a lone voice predicting a Tory victory (ignoring DFH of course) says his figures now point to Labour victory

http://ukgeneralelection2015.blogspot.c ... isher.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
letsskiptotheleft
Home Secretary

Michael Deacon:
Young woman walks past Nigel Farage at Glasgow Airport, does a double take ''whoa'' she cries to her boyfriend ''it's that twat''
:D
Tubby Isaacs
Prime Minister

Post by Tubby Isaacs »

letsskiptotheleft wrote:
Tubby Isaacs wrote:
letsskiptotheleft wrote: Could you imagine the furore if Luther and his pals organised marches to the polling booths?

If it happens that is, could be a load of bollocks flying about, something we must be careful off in the next week, moi especially.

I can get though the feelings that some are expressing, the ''they've trying to break my ******* country up'' hand on heart I would feel the same if PC were doing it here..

I like that, Luther!
There's a sketch in a satirical comedy show in this.
Eric_WLothian
Secretary of State

Post by Eric_WLothian »

Tubby Isaacs wrote:Currently up against the Westminster takes our money and wastes it argument.

Sure, but it wastes a fair bit of it in Scotland. Not least Trident, which the YES side themselves think is a waste of money.
Leaving aside any moral arguments, the cost of Trident to Scotland is (in the scheme of things) trivial.
The big figure (£100Bn?) bandied about is the total cost over about 30 years. Scotland's share of the annual cost is probably little more than the benefit to the Helensburgh economy.
TheGrimSqueaker
Speaker of the House

Post by TheGrimSqueaker »

letsskiptotheleft wrote:
TheGrimSqueaker wrote:
letsskiptotheleft wrote:http://www.ft.com/cms/s/2/085b4586-d5fc ... z3D5WgkMFk

Essay from Simon Schama, on the ties that bind.
A very eloquent & thoughtful piece, Schama does know his stuff. Sadly it is doomed to fall on deaf ears. :(
He's brilliant isn't he? His ''Power of Art'' progs are the kind you can watch again and again, best historian around.
I've seen "History of Britain" so many times I almost have it word perfect! There aren't many who can touch him although there is a very promising younger crop around at the moment, mainly female, who could well end up at that level; best of the bunch, imo, is Janina Ramirez, her "Chivalry and Betrayal" series was stunning.
COWER BRIEF MORTALS. HO. HO. HO.
Tubby Isaacs
Prime Minister

Post by Tubby Isaacs »

It's a good cake and eat it argument, isn't it?

And not very convincing to me. A UK government will find a way of keeping contracts away from a foreign country.
ErnstRemarx
Secretary of State

Post by ErnstRemarx »

Interesting article, of the sort not usually seen in MEN:

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/ ... st-7756838" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Tubby Isaacs
Prime Minister

Post by Tubby Isaacs »

ErnstRemarx wrote:Interesting article, of the sort not usually seen in MEN:

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/ ... st-7756838" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I'd kill for that in the Standard.
TheGrimSqueaker
Speaker of the House

Post by TheGrimSqueaker »

Tubby Isaacs wrote:
If it's a narrow margin, there will almost certainly be allegations of vote-rigging, intimidation etc which would have to be investigated. (I'm sure that local authorities can't have verified every new voter registration in the last couple of weeks and the claimed 97% registration seems to me to be too high to be credible - but that's just my gut feeling).
Surely that' "vibrant democracy", unless many of the people are Asian, in which case it's "third world corruption"?
Jeez, I've heard that "vibrant democracy" line so many times in the past week, from people I thought more sensible than that. The whole thing gets more like a cult every day.
COWER BRIEF MORTALS. HO. HO. HO.
letsskiptotheleft
Home Secretary

TheGrimSqueaker wrote:
letsskiptotheleft wrote:
TheGrimSqueaker wrote: A very eloquent & thoughtful piece, Schama does know his stuff. Sadly it is doomed to fall on deaf ears. :(
He's brilliant isn't he? His ''Power of Art'' progs are the kind you can watch again and again, best historian around.
I've seen "History of Britain" so many times I almost have it word perfect! There aren't many who can touch him although there is a very promising younger crop around at the moment, mainly female, who could well end up at that level; best of the bunch, imo, is Janina Ramirez, her "Chivalry and Betrayal" series was stunning.
I have that too, may watch ''Britannia Incorporated'' tonight, with what's going on and all that.
Tubby Isaacs
Prime Minister

Post by Tubby Isaacs »

Tubby Isaacs wrote:
letsskiptotheleft wrote:
Tubby Isaacs wrote:
I like that, Luther!
There's a sketch in a satirical comedy show in this.
"Oh, I was expecting that nasty darky who keeps beheading women in Poplar High Street. But it's than nice one out of the police progrmme!"
Temulkar
Secretary of State

Post by Temulkar »

Tubby Isaacs
Prime Minister

Post by Tubby Isaacs »

Interesting. Incumbency factor among Tory MPs in marginals doesn't seem to be working.

http://may2015.com/parties/the-incumben ... ping-them/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Only 6 in the 20 closest seats are polling better than what would be expected taking the party's overall national polling. Some are much worse. And none are polling enough yet to see of the swing to Labour.

And in a neat pincer movement, Lib Dem MPs facing Tory challenge do have an incumbency boost. They're competitive in 5 seats where they shouldn't be.
PaulfromYorkshire
Site Admin

Temulkar wrote:A Brief History of the Union

http://jemahlevans.wix.com/jemahlevans# ... 42E4539412
Hi Temulkar I'm afraid there's a typo in the url, which you may want to correct. Look forward to reading it later ;-)
PaulfromYorkshire
Site Admin

I see quite a number of comments saying Labour have made a mess on the Indy Ref.

This may be true. But I haven't seen much substantiation. What have they done badly? What should they have done differently?
Temulkar
Secretary of State

Post by Temulkar »

PaulfromYorkshire wrote:

Hi Temulkar I'm afraid there's a typo in the url, which you may want to correct. Look forward to reading it later ;-)
Ooh try this if it's not working, I did misspell marriage but the link should work?

http://jemahlevans.wix.com/jemahlevans# ... 42E4539412" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
PaulfromYorkshire
Site Admin

Temulkar wrote:
PaulfromYorkshire wrote:

Ooh try this if it's not working, I did misspell marriage but the link should work?

http://jemahlevans.wix.com/jemahlevans# ... 42E4539412" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Yep the link worked. I just thought you'd want to correct the misspelling….

Thanks it looks good and I promise I'll read it in detail later. However, the Pub awaits me now ;-)
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

http://disabilitynewsservice.com/2014/0 ... la-to-pip/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"Claimants missing out on thousands in transfer from to DLA to PIP"

Hard to not think this was part of the design,perhaps I'm being too cynical.Regardless,it should be addressed.
refitman
Site Admin

Post by refitman »

Here's Anatoly's round up:
AnatolyKasparov wrote:Six local council byelections this week:

Vale of White Horse DC - LibDem hold in a two member ward where the Tories topped the poll last time (it had also split 1LibDem/1 Tory in 2003, though the LibDems won both in 2007, plus a 2009 by-election) with a swing of over 10% and a majority of the vote - given this is in the key Tory marginal of Oxford W/Abingdon this is quite an interesting result. UKIP stood for the first time and scored just 6% - though this was just enough to beat Labour who saw their vote squeezed to barely half its 2011 level.

Carlisle DC/Cumbria CC - Labour hold both seats in a "double header" with little change in their vote (slightly up on this year, a bit down on 2013) with the main interest coming in the Tories coming second in both, with healthy increases. This was once a safe LibDem ward after they managed to first win it in 2001, regularly taking a majority of the vote at their peak, but their hold had been weakening even before Labour first won it back in 2011. Thereafter the LibDems collapsed to the extent UKIP took second place this May whilst they came fourth - and they remained in the doldrums in these polls (a small increase for 2014, but a big drop from last year when they still came second) UKIP just behind the Tories in both seats this time, but with a healthy share of over 20%. Greens last with less than 5% on both occasions.

Newham - Labour hold, thus maintaining their 100% representation here. They beat the Tories by nearly 2 to 1 despite a fall in their share to a bit over 50% - the Tory candidate had easily outperformed their two running mates here in May, so clearly has a bit of a local following. UKIP will be pleased to have taken third in this mostly non-white ward with around 11% - the also rans were Green, LibDem (just 2% for the former party of the previous incumbent here - better known as their candidate in the 1994 Newham NE byelection who defected to Labour days before polling; he had been the sole non-Labour councillor elected to the council earlier that year) then the Christian Peoples Alliance (who have some local presence, but were well down on earlier this year when they had provided the only opposition to the Labour/Tory duopoly here) and lastly - they must be getting used to it by now - TUSC.

Newark/Sherwood DC - two vacancies here, the first was a Tory hold in a normally safe two member ward where they had just a sole LibDem opponent in 2011, and beat them 2 to 1; they then beat Labour 3 to 1 in a straight fight in a 2013 by-election. This time, though, they saw their share drop to barely 40% as an Independent pushed them hard and UKIP also intervened taking over 15%, well ahead of Labour who slumped by almost two thirds compared to the by-election. The other seat, though, saw a Labour hold with over half the vote with an increased share and a swing of over 5% from the Tories since 2011. Independents have polled well here in the past, taking one of the three seats in both 2003 and 2007, but did not stand this time - though some of their former support may have gone to UKIP, who polled close to 20% - not far behind the Tories - in their first outing here at this level.

Three contests next week - though people's minds may be on other things ;)
letsskiptotheleft
Home Secretary

The FT have taken down their paywall until after the referendum, at least, I think for articles re the independence vote, another good reads here..

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/2/b5c48254-376e ... z3D7kG094G" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

On Twitter:

Sun Politics ‏@Sun_Politics 4h
Our hero of the week, for trying to single-handedly save the Union, is @OfficeGSBrown: http://bit.ly/1lYQXrk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Is this Murdoch's Sun? If it is it must qualify for brass necked cheek of the week
We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office. – Aesop
letsskiptotheleft
Home Secretary

If any of you are still awake at 4am, or nip into the bathroom for a quick pee, have a look outside, you may see the Northern Lights, predicted to reach as far south as the Cotswolds and south Wales.
Spacedone
Whip

Post by Spacedone »

letsskiptotheleft wrote:The FT have taken down their paywall until after the referendum, at least, I think for articles re the independence vote, another good reads here..

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/2/b5c48254-376e ... z3D7kG094G" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Good article but this paragraph sticks out like a sore thumb.
Empires and nation states are not immune to break-up, but there is little precedent for a hitherto stable modern democracy splitting apart in peacetime, in the middle of an economic recovery.
And there's the crux of the matter. Most people aren't feeling the recovery, not really. The further away from London and the South-east you go the less recovered it feels and it's that that has allowed Salmond to play on the negative feelings people have towards this Government and use that to push for something he had no chance of getting under normal circumstances. And sadly there is plenty of precedent of nationalists using economic downturns to stir people up into support things and people they normally wouldn't. It's happening right here in England with UKIP.
Eric_WLothian
Secretary of State

Post by Eric_WLothian »

PaulfromYorkshire wrote:I see quite a number of comments saying Labour have made a mess on the Indy Ref.

This may be true. But I haven't seen much substantiation. What have they done badly? What should they have done differently?
In the beginning there were two competing cinema commercials. The 'yes' one was quite professional and glossy compared with the 'no' one which looked cheap and amateurish. (Both commercials were swiftly withdrawn by all cinemas after alleged audience booing).

From my personal experience, I would say the 'yes' campaign has been more active in doorstepping and leafletting. I have the distinct impression that the 'no' campaign have been too complacent. There's an awful lot of good articles on the 'Better Together' website although many of the more recent ones have been "why I'm voting..." which (imo) have little impact.

Trouble is, you have to actively look for the 'no' case, while the 'yes' case has been rammed down our throats by the much more flamboyant SNP leadership.

Then there's money. 'Yes' were given millions by a lottery winner (hence the superior cinema commercial, I think), 'no' money trickled in somewhat later. The SNP have also made free with taxpayers' money to support their party-political cause ("white paper" anybody?)

Apart from being so low-key, I don't think there's much else Labour/BT could have done under the circumstances (other than drumming up a BT rent-a-mob - which they thankfully haven't done) Alistair Darling in particular has had a virtually impossible task fronting not only Labour, but also LD and Tories.

BT have countered the lies put about by Salmond and Sturgeon - but they don't shout as loud!
letsskiptotheleft
Home Secretary

I watched part of this debate this morning, it was for the best part very good, respectful and all the participants extremely well informed, you can rely on Philip Davies for being a twat though, apols for language, but the bloke is an out and out one.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politic ... laims.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Spacedone
Whip

Post by Spacedone »

letsskiptotheleft wrote:If any of you are still awake at 4am, or nip into the bathroom for a quick pee, have a look outside, you may see the Northern Lights, predicted to reach as far south as the Cotswolds and south Wales.
That's about the time my bladder/asthma wakes me up every night so I'll have a look. ;)
letsskiptotheleft
Home Secretary

@Spacedone, yeah, with you there.
letsskiptotheleft
Home Secretary

Eric_WLothian wrote:
PaulfromYorkshire wrote:I see quite a number of comments saying Labour have made a mess on the Indy Ref.

In the beginning there were two competing cinema commercials. The 'yes' one was quite professional and glossy compared with the 'no' one which looked cheap and amateurish. (Both commercials were swiftly withdrawn by all cinemas after alleged audience booing).

From my personal experience, I would say the 'yes' campaign has been more active in doorstepping and leafletting. I have the distinct impression that the 'no' campaign have been too complacent. There's an awful lot of good articles on the 'Better Together' website although many of the more recent ones have been "why I'm voting..." which (imo) have little impact.

Trouble is, you have to actively look for the 'no' case, while the 'yes' case has been rammed down our throats by the much more flamboyant SNP leadership.

Then there's money. 'Yes' were given millions by a lottery winner (hence the superior cinema commercial, I think), 'no' money trickled in somewhat later. The SNP have also made free with taxpayers' money to support their party-political cause ("white paper" anybody?)

Apart from being so low-key, I don't think there's much else Labour/BT could have done under the circumstances (other than drumming up a BT rent-a-mob - which they thankfully haven't done) Alistair Darling in particular has had a virtually impossible task fronting not only Labour, but also LD and Tories.

BT have countered the lies put about by Salmond and Sturgeon - but they don't shout as loud!
Plus it's always easier to sell a vision of a better future, rather than defend what you have got, in front of you.
letsskiptotheleft
Home Secretary

Can you imagine the Buffoon failing to win the nomination in Uxbridge this evening, unlikely probably, but what a kicking that would be?
Tubby Isaacs
Prime Minister

Post by Tubby Isaacs »

Think problem for NO has been that there are two independence campaigns, the SNP and the radical one.

You can't address both of them at once, whereas they can both attack your status quo.
Tubby Isaacs
Prime Minister

Post by Tubby Isaacs »

letsskiptotheleft wrote:Can you imagine the Buffoon failing to win the nomination in Uxbridge this evening, unlikely probably, but what a kicking that would be?
If he does win, I'm hoping that Douglas Carswell and company will call for a mayoral by-election.
Temulkar
Secretary of State

Post by Temulkar »

Tubby Isaacs wrote:
letsskiptotheleft wrote:Can you imagine the Buffoon failing to win the nomination in Uxbridge this evening, unlikely probably, but what a kicking that would be?
If he does win, I'm hoping that Douglas Carswell and company will call for a mayoral by-election.
You never know, he is up against James Cracknell (the real one) so selection isnt quite a foregone conclusion. If he failed to get selected I think I would laugh so much I would be liable to shit myself.
letsskiptotheleft
Home Secretary

Gordon speaking in Glasgow tonight, I wish they would put him out on the streets, rather than preaching to the converted, apparently he's in sensational form, even the Tory hacks acknowledge it..
letsskiptotheleft
Home Secretary

So the Guardian comes out against independence, cue jibes btl about ''London centric metrosexuals'' :D So predictable.
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

Spacedone wrote:
letsskiptotheleft wrote:The FT have taken down their paywall until after the referendum, at least, I think for articles re the independence vote, another good reads here..

Good article but this paragraph sticks out like a sore thumb.
Empires and nation states are not immune to break-up, but there is little precedent for a hitherto stable modern democracy splitting apart in peacetime, in the middle of an economic recovery.
And there's the crux of the matter. Most people aren't feeling the recovery, not really. The further away from London and the South-east you go the less recovered it feels and it's that that has allowed Salmond to play on the negative feelings people have towards this Government and use that to push for something he had no chance of getting under normal circumstances. And sadly there is plenty of precedent of nationalists using economic downturns to stir people up into support things and people they normally wouldn't. It's happening right here in England with UKIP.
Nicely put....
Spacedone
Whip

Post by Spacedone »

Robert Peston saying that the Government briefed journos about RBS before the board of RBS had taken the decision to go public. And by doing so they may have broken a number of laws...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-29185319" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
These bankers also tell me they don't believe this was a case of market abuse, or the illegal release of price sensitive information, because the UK and US stock markets were shut at the time of the briefing.

Even so, an RBS shareholder, Peter de Vink, has today written to the City of London Police Commissioner, the chief constable of Police Scotland, the chief executive of the Financial Conduct Authority and the Lord Advocate of Scotland asking all of them to investigate the release of information relating to RBS's relocation.
Tubby Isaacs
Prime Minister

Post by Tubby Isaacs »

letsskiptotheleft wrote:So the Guardian comes out against independence, cue jibes btl about ''London centric metrosexuals'' :D So predictable.
My Scottish metrosexual London friend is a bit unhappy he doesn't have a vote.

Cue: no true Scotsman...
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

Since I've taken up Twitter, I follow a lot of MPs. It's been nice to see so many women and how hard some of them work with very unsocial hours not only in the HofC, but meetings, functions etc and they've been hard at it in their constituencies during the summer recess.
Horribly difficult if they have families. So I guess when we moan about what MPs do for their money, a lot of them are earning it.
Tubby Isaacs
Prime Minister

Post by Tubby Isaacs »

ohsocynical wrote:Since I've taken up Twitter, I follow a lot of MPs. It's been nice to see so many women and how hard some of them work with very unsocial hours not only in the HofC, but meetings, functions etc and they've been hard at it in their constituencies during the summer recess.
Horribly difficult if they have families. So I guess when we moan about what MPs do for their money, a lot of them are earning it.
Yes, indeed. Friend of mine's mum was a left-wing Scottish MP years ago. He said she worked very hard.

This "even more expenses" stuff could equally be evidence of harder work. Few extra trips from a constituency to the Commons would easily account for it.
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

George Galloway:

http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/com ... 30260.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

David Cameron's seven-day GP surgeries 'gimmick' is exposed as a sham 12 months on

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/da ... z3D8Kgraap

Goodness. I'd forgotten about this promise...He's made so many.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

Sanctioned for not attending a workshop that was inaccessible.

http://disabilitynewsservice.com/2014/0 ... -workshop/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
LadyCentauria
Speaker of the House
Location: Set within 3,500 acres of leafy public land in SW London

Post by LadyCentauria »

TheGrimSqueaker wrote:
letsskiptotheleft wrote:
TheGrimSqueaker wrote: A very eloquent & thoughtful piece, Schama does know his stuff. Sadly it is doomed to fall on deaf ears. :(
Agreed. That Janina Ramirez series really had me gripped.
This time, I'm gonna be stronger I'm not giving in...
Tubby Isaacs
Prime Minister

Post by Tubby Isaacs »

Christ almighy, this is incredible. Even for Louise Mensch.

Afzal Nazir takes over as head of CPS in NW. Re-opens prosecution file into Rochdale groomers, who get successfully prosecuted.

Mensch not only holds him responsible for previous reluctance to prosecute, but blames him for Rotherham which isn't even in the NW.

http://zelo-street.blogspot.co.uk/2014/ ... abuse.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Nice libel suit coming, I think.
letsskiptotheleft
Home Secretary

You won't have to change your pants, Temulkar.
Temulkar
Secretary of State

Post by Temulkar »

letsskiptotheleft wrote:You won't have to change your pants, Temulkar.
Huh? I change my old Y fronts every other month thank you very much.
MsChin
Backbencher

Post by MsChin »

Tubby Isaacs wrote:Christ almighy, this is incredible. Even for Louise Mensch.

Afzal Nazir takes over as head of CPS in NW. Re-opens prosecution file into Rochdale groomers, who get successfully prosecuted.

Mensch not only holds him responsible for previous reluctance to prosecute, but blames him for Rotherham which isn't even in the NW.

http://zelo-street.blogspot.co.uk/2014/ ... abuse.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Nice libel suit coming, I think.
Nothing sweeter than her handing the evidence to the CPS in a tweet, eh? And the tweets are still there, bold as brass, in her timeline. Oh dear.