Saturday 13th & Sunday 14th September 2014

A home from home
Forum rules
Welcome to FTN. New posters are welcome to join the conversation. You can follow us on Twitter @FlythenestHaven You are responsible for the content you post. This is a public forum. Treat it as if you are speaking in a crowded room. Site admin and Moderators are volunteers who will respond as quickly as they are able to when made aware of any complaints. Please do not post copyrighted material without the original authors permission.
rearofthestore
Committee Member

Re: Saturday 13th & Sunday 14th September 2014

Post by rearofthestore »

ChrisDean wrote:During my winter break in Portugal at the beginning of the year there was consternation among British visitors and ex-pats because the BBC re-aligned their satellite beam resulting in loss of coverage to most of western Europe.

It was reported in the press that the reasons were that it was unfair on the British licence payer for these areas to be receiving BBC channels... and that the change would improve reception in parts of Scotland!

I wasn't too bothered as the only thing I would have "missed" was coverage of the Six Nations rugby matches but local bars and cafes did find a way to screen them and scores of English, Welsh, Scottish and Irish folk had a jolly good time together with lots of friendly, cheery banter.
Portugal has always been a difficult area for FtoA broadcasts. When the BBC, ITV and C4 switched from Astra 1N to 2F & 2G the UK spot beam became a lot tighter but still, as I said, available throughout Western Europe. Also C4, C5 and some ITV channels are still availabel as far south as Greece.
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

I follow a few journalists and they're all jumping to Robinson's defence. But hopefully they'll go away the think about what their remit is supposed to be, which is impartial news and articles backed up by proper research, not amateurish pieces cobbled together with quotes from Twitter.

In other words, mend their ways.
We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office. – Aesop
TechnicalEphemera
Speaker of the House

Post by TechnicalEphemera »

Tubby Isaacs wrote:
TechnicalEphemera wrote:If Scotland becomes independent the BBC thing is obvious.

1. North of the Border the BBC will cease to exist.
2. The SBC will be created, it will be regulated according to Scottish legislation. If it is funded by a license fee it will be levied only on Scottish residents.
3. The SBC will have the broadcast assets of the BBC north of the border.
4. It will commission shows, which it will try to sell on the global market
5. It will spend money purchasing broadcast rights for content on the world market. This could include purchasing BBC shows like Dr Who.

So the SBC will be low rent primarily existing of local news and bought in drama.
Not sure really. I saw an article on EU entry for Scotland that said the EU would just treat it as already in because that was simplest. I disagree with that because at least some countries wouldn't want it.

But with the BBC, I can't see any bar to Scotland just staying in the existing framework.

I wonder if it could spur more "regional" broadcasting in England.
No it can't carry on as today. In the same way France and Germany do not regulate each other's broadcasters. Remember Scotland is not a member of the EU.

New company, no ties to rUK BBC.
Release the Guardvarks.
Eric_WLothian
Secretary of State

Post by Eric_WLothian »

ChrisDean wrote:During my winter break in Portugal at the beginning of the year there was consternation among British visitors and ex-pats because the BBC re-aligned their satellite beam resulting in loss of coverage to most of western Europe.

It was reported in the press that the reasons were that it was unfair on the British licence payer for these areas to be receiving BBC channels... and that the change would improve reception in parts of Scotland!

I wasn't too bothered as the only thing I would have "missed" was coverage of the Six Nations rugby matches but local bars and cafes did find a way to screen them and scores of English, Welsh, Scottish and Irish folk had a jolly good time together with lots of friendly, cheery banter.
Here's the reason:
Tens of thousands of British TV viewers around Europe have lost touch with the BBC and ITV as broadcasters moved onto new satellites.
BBC channels began moving onto Astra 2E and Astra 2F on February 6, with ITV, Channel 4 and Channel 5 also moving over the next few days.
The new satellites delivers higher power over the UK and Ireland, but their tightly-focused beams drop in strength very rapidly beyond France, Belgium and The Netherlands.
http://recombu.com/digital/news/bbc-and ... 12792.html
Tubby Isaacs
Prime Minister

Post by Tubby Isaacs »

TechnicalEphemera wrote:
Tubby Isaacs wrote:
TechnicalEphemera wrote:If Scotland becomes independent the BBC thing is obvious.

1. North of the Border the BBC will cease to exist.
2. The SBC will be created, it will be regulated according to Scottish legislation. If it is funded by a license fee it will be levied only on Scottish residents.
3. The SBC will have the broadcast assets of the BBC north of the border.
4. It will commission shows, which it will try to sell on the global market
5. It will spend money purchasing broadcast rights for content on the world market. This could include purchasing BBC shows like Dr Who.

So the SBC will be low rent primarily existing of local news and bought in drama.
Not sure really. I saw an article on EU entry for Scotland that said the EU would just treat it as already in because that was simplest. I disagree with that because at least some countries wouldn't want it.

But with the BBC, I can't see any bar to Scotland just staying in the existing framework.

No it can't carry on as today. In the same way France and Germany do not regulate each other's broadcasters. Remember Scotland is not a member of the EU.

The EU would veto a broadcasting union between one member and one non-member?

A pooled Ofcom is surely not impossible?
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

Goodnight, everyone.
AngryAsWell
Prime Minister

Post by AngryAsWell »

PorFavor wrote:Goodnight, everyone.
Good night PF :sleep: well :)
ChrisDean
Backbencher

Post by ChrisDean »

@rearofthestore and Eric_WLothian

Thanks for your responses.

Technical details aren't my forte!

:)
Last edited by ChrisDean on Sun 14 Sep, 2014 8:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rearofthestore
Committee Member

Post by rearofthestore »

Tubby Isaacs wrote:
TechnicalEphemera wrote:
Tubby Isaacs wrote: Not sure really. I saw an article on EU entry for Scotland that said the EU would just treat it as already in because that was simplest. I disagree with that because at least some countries wouldn't want it.

The EU would veto a broadcasting union between one member and one non-member?

A pooled Ofcom is surely not impossible?
Don't think it's possible because of broadcasting rights. An obvious example is FtoA football coverage which is sold for broadcast specifically in a national area and is not permitted in theory across national boundaries. It would have to be encrypted or a new footprint would have to be created on a satellite which is not possible with birds already in orbit.
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

PorFavor wrote:Goodnight, everyone.
Night PF :)
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Got called away for a bit. Mr Riots has had one of his culinary 'outings'. He had decided to prepare in advance for our next field trip ... and hard boil an egg for a sandwich. I vacated the kitchen as I hate the smell of said egg and the resulting sandwich - sort of fart based.

Some time later - whilst sitting at this laptop - there was a loud bang and something extremely hot and smelly wanged past my head and splatted onto the wall. There was a mass emergency exodus of cats through cat flaps.

The stupid duffer had left the egg hard boiling and forgotten about it - long enough for the water to boil away - and the egg had exploded far and wide. I was sittting in direct line of fire - even though I am theoretically 2 rooms away.

I have taken over cooking supper.
Working on the wild side.
Tubby Isaacs
Prime Minister

Post by Tubby Isaacs »

Don't know much about broadcasting rights.
AngryAsWell
Prime Minister

Post by AngryAsWell »

rebeccariots2 wrote:Got called away for a bit. Mr Riots has had one of his culinary 'outings'. He had decided to prepare in advance for our next field trip ... and hard boil an egg for a sandwich. I vacated the kitchen as I hate the smell of said egg and the resulting sandwich - sort of fart based.

Some time later - whilst sitting at this laptop - there was a loud bang and something extremely hot and smelly wanged past my head and splatted onto the wall. There was a mass emergency exodus of cats through cat flaps.

The stupid duffer had left the egg hard boiling and forgotten about it - long enough for the water to boil away - and the egg had exploded far and wide. I was sittting in direct line of fire - even though I am theoretically 2 rooms away.

OMG - I boiled an egg dry once, the smell of burnt shell lingers for days :( :x
You have my sympathy .........

(We need a clothes peg on nose smelly smiley)
rearofthestore
Committee Member

Post by rearofthestore »

Tubby Isaacs wrote:Don't know much about broadcasting rights.
Virtually all Sky programmes are available clearly throughout Europe if you have a dish, a Sky box and a Sky subscription. However Sky will not sell you a subscription unless you are living in the UK or Ireland because of 'broadcasting rights'. Provide a Uk address and they will sell you it and it is alleged that they know 10% of their revenue comes from expats and they turn a blind eye as this equates to millions of pounds revenue.
Tubby Isaacs
Prime Minister

Post by Tubby Isaacs »

Right, but why couldn't all sides agree that Scotland and rUK could carry on being treated as the same market?
TechnicalEphemera
Speaker of the House

Post by TechnicalEphemera »

On the BBC thing the EU would love to replace Ofcom with a single EU wide regulator. However Scotland is not part if the EU.

Why would rUK subsidise Scottish broadcasting? Why would Scotland permit a foreign power any say or control over its broadcast media?

Edited to add: Scotland will become a major commercial rival, our previous shared interests will count for nothing. Assume both governments will be hostile to each other in a non violent way.
Release the Guardvarks.
rearofthestore
Committee Member

Post by rearofthestore »

Tubby Isaacs wrote:Right, but why couldn't all sides agree that Scotland and rUK could carry on being treated as the same market?
It could happen I suspect as the BBC provide services for the Channel Islands and IOM and sell the license in both areas despite the CI are not part of EU. However if Scottish insist on a new national broadcaster (SBC) they would have to be treated as Irish Republic (RTE) and rights would be limited.
refitman
Site Admin

Post by refitman »

rebeccariots2 wrote:Got called away for a bit. Mr Riots has had one of his culinary 'outings'. He had decided to prepare in advance for our next field trip ... and hard boil an egg for a sandwich. I vacated the kitchen as I hate the smell of said egg and the resulting sandwich - sort of fart based.

:shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
refitman
Site Admin

Post by refitman »

rearofthestore wrote:
Tubby Isaacs wrote:Don't know much about broadcasting rights.
Virtually all Sky programmes are available clearly throughout Europe if you have a dish, a Sky box and a Sky subscription. However Sky will not sell you a subscription unless you are living in the UK or Ireland because of 'broadcasting rights'. Provide a Uk address and they will sell you it and it is alleged that they know 10% of their revenue comes from expats and they turn a blind eye as this equates to millions of pounds revenue.
It's the same thing world wide. Loads of people in Bahrain have addresses in India, because Sky broadcast there, then just point their own dishes at the satellites and decode it at home.
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

I've done that a few times :lol: :lol: :lol: Get him a timer, one with a nice loud ring. I've got in the habit of taking the timer with me if something is cooking and have to go elsewhere in the house.
TheGrimSqueaker
Speaker of the House

Post by TheGrimSqueaker »

rebeccariots2 wrote: I have taken over cooking supper.
So his cunning plan worked then? :D
COWER BRIEF MORTALS. HO. HO. HO.
ErnstRemarx
Secretary of State

Post by ErnstRemarx »

ohsocynical wrote:I'd have thought it was pretty obvious that if the vote is Yes, then that makes Scotland a foreign country, and the Beeb won't let anyone but UK license payers watch their programmes. A good example is BBC America where they won't show anything that involves UK licence payers money too deeply.
I think it's quite funny actually. Pro yes Scots rail against the allegedly pro status quo BBC as 'biased' and 'part of the establishment conspiracy'. Well, independence will mean that they'll no longer have to suffer such outrageous broadcasting. Isn't that exactly what they want?
rearofthestore
Committee Member

Post by rearofthestore »

ErnstRemarx wrote:
ohsocynical wrote:I'd have thought it was pretty obvious that if the vote is Yes, then that makes Scotland a foreign country, and the Beeb won't let anyone but UK license payers watch their programmes. A good example is BBC America where they won't show anything that involves UK licence payers money too deeply.
I think it's quite funny actually. Pro yes Scots rail against the allegedly pro status quo BBC as 'biased' and 'part of the establishment conspiracy'. Well, independence will mean that they'll no longer have to suffer such outrageous broadcasting. Isn't that exactly what they want?
The trouble is they will get the BBC for free if they have a sat dish. I believe in licence fee but I think this will just about kill it off which will mean all broadcasts will be encrypted and the only possible system to use is Sky's (Murdoch's) Videocrypt system so he wins whichever way.
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

TheGrimSqueaker wrote:
rebeccariots2 wrote: I have taken over cooking supper.
So his cunning plan worked then? :D
I swear that's the first lesson father's teach their sons...

Create such chaos she'll say 'get out of my way and let me do it.'

Mr Ohso has a black belt for it.
AngryAsWell
Prime Minister

Post by AngryAsWell »

I know, I know, we can't get over run with little pigs but surely there was another way to deal with them ? :(
Hundreds of micro-pigs culled over public safety fears
http://www.itv.com/news/2014-09-13/hund ... ety-fears/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
refitman
Site Admin

Post by refitman »

Well, here's as good a reason as any to vote "No" in the referndum: Piers Morgan attempts to save the Union by promising to go back to the US if Scotland votes 'No' to independence

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/peopl ... 32207.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
TheGrimSqueaker
Speaker of the House

rearofthestore wrote:
ErnstRemarx wrote:The trouble is they will get the BBC for free if they have a sat dish. I believe in licence fee but I think this will just about kill it off which will mean all broadcasts will be encrypted and the only possible system to use is Sky's (Murdoch's) Videocrypt system so he wins whichever way.
Is that the case? Freeview is already 'regional' (you get your relevant local BBC service, you only get London Life if you are in London Live - a blessing from what I've heard about it) so presumably the capability is built in to the system.
Eric_WLothian
Secretary of State

Post by Eric_WLothian »

TheGrimSqueaker wrote:
rearofthestore wrote:
ErnstRemarx wrote:The trouble is they will get the BBC for free if they have a sat dish. I believe in licence fee but I think this will just about kill it off which will mean all broadcasts will be encrypted and the only possible system to use is Sky's (Murdoch's) Videocrypt system so he wins whichever way.
Is that the case? Freeview is already 'regional' (you get your relevant local BBC service, you only get London Life if you are in London Live - a blessing from what I've heard about it) so presumably the capability is built in to the system.
For Freeview, it's all down to which transmitter your aerial is pointing at. All the BBC have to do is close Scottish transmitters, or not pipe their programs to them. There will be some leaks from N England and possibly N Ireland, but these would be minimal.

Map of transmitter locations: http://www.ukfree.tv/maps.php
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

Mike Smithson ‏@MSmithsonPB 11m
New Survation GE2015 poll for Mail on Sunday sees CON get closer
CON 31% (+4), LAB 35% (-1), LD 8 (+1), UKIP 19 (-3), OTHER 8 (-2)
Tubby Isaacs
Prime Minister

Post by Tubby Isaacs »

TheGrimSqueaker wrote:
rearofthestore wrote:
If you like comedy that reminds you of when you'd just moved to London and went out all the time, London Live is excellent.

There's also a food bloke who hams it up a bit in his taxi but does tell you about affordable places you don't know.

And if you're fascinated by London in its early 90s decline, good footage of it in London's Burning.

Otherwise, it isn't very good.
TheGrimSqueaker
Speaker of the House

Tubby Isaacs wrote:
TheGrimSqueaker wrote:
rearofthestore wrote:
If you like comedy that reminds you of when you'd just moved to London and went out all the time, London Live is excellent.

There's also a food bloke who hams it up a bit in his taxi but does tell you about affordable places you don't know.

And if you're fascinated by London in its early 90s decline, good footage of it in London's Burning.

Otherwise, it isn't very good.
Glad I moved out of London! :D
Tubby Isaacs
Prime Minister

Post by Tubby Isaacs »

Funnily enough, I watch it probably most of all channels.

When those comedy shows have been through their rotation though, that might change. Their programmes department have done quite well (presumably on not much of a budget) with this first tranche of stuff. They're going to be hard pressed to come up with something next time.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

Evening,well after being reasonably confident about Scotland rejecting independence,Now I'm not so sure.The Scottish side of my family,living in Scotland are,I have been informed solidly behind a Yes,that this a shock is very much an understatement as they voted against devolution.What has changed their minds and/or how the debate is playing out in Scotland I cannot pretend to know.My Scottish dad,living in England was equally bemused,his position may be gleaned by his response "I thought they were reasonably intelligent"Admittedly,only a few votes,but if they could be persuaded anybody could.
TheGrimSqueaker
Speaker of the House

Tubby Isaacs wrote:Funnily enough, I watch it probably most of all channels.

When those comedy shows have been through their rotation though, that might change. Their programmes department have done quite well (presumably on not much of a budget) with this first tranche of stuff. They're going to be hard pressed to come up with something next time.
Just had a look on their website and much of the comedy appears to be Channel 4 stuff, most of which I have on DVD, the rest of which I can access on 4-OD. The Scottish version would have to make do with reruns of Rab C Nesbitt, Mr Don & Mr George, Empty and Hamish Macbeth .....actually, that isn't a bad line up, might have to emigrate. ;-)
letsskiptotheleft
Home Secretary

Post by letsskiptotheleft »

TheGrimSqueaker wrote:
Tubby Isaacs wrote:Funnily enough, I watch it probably most of all channels.

Just had a look on their website and much of the comedy appears to be Channel 4 stuff, most of which I have on DVD, the rest of which I can access on 4-OD. The Scottish version would have to make do with reruns of Rab C Nesbitt, Mr Don & Mr George, Empty and Hamish Macbeth .....actually, that isn't a bad line up, might have to emigrate. ;-)
Don't forget ''Take the High Road'' and ''Monarch of the Glen''
Tubby Isaacs
Prime Minister

Post by Tubby Isaacs »

Absolutely was good.

Naked Video was OK, as I recall. But reminds me of being at school in Gloucs, with no girls.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

Phones4U have gone into administration,550 stores close with loss of 6,000 jobs tomorrow.
Tubby Isaacs
Prime Minister

Post by Tubby Isaacs »

And its themetune is worse than I recalled it.
ErnstRemarx
Secretary of State

Post by ErnstRemarx »

HindleA wrote:Evening,well after being reasonably confident about Scotland rejecting independence,Now I'm not so sure.The Scottish side of my family,living in Scotland are,I have been informed solidly behind a Yes,that this a shock is very much an understatement as they voted against devolution.What has changed their minds and/or how the debate is playing out in Scotland I cannot pretend to know.My Scottish dad,living in England was equally bemused,his position may be gleaned by his response "I thought they were reasonably intelligent"Admittedly,only a few votes,but if they could be persuaded anybody could.
Disturbing to read, but not atypical I'm sure.

If the Scots do go, and that's looking borderline likely, I suspect that several things will happen in the first few months following the vote.

1. The rUK economy will have another dip because of the result and the flight from sterling. This will be offset over time as companies start to relocate core business from Scotland down to England, but will not wholly offset it. The uncertainty in trade will hit rUK trade figures.

2. Scottish business will see a more significant downturn in business amplified by the result of the above and the slow but sure closing and narrowing of markets. Again, market forces will prevail here and Salmond's charm, such as it is, will be of no use.

3. The EU will pronounce a little more clearly on Scottish membership. My guess is that they'll say yes, but subject to the usual rules for admittance. There will be no fast tracking, and I'm pretty sure the rUK government will, for once, use tact and maximum influence to ensure this.

4. Investment in Scottish business will slow considerably, but won't stop. Asset flight from Scotland will begin to pick up.

5. The political fallout will begin. Currency union will be finally and irrevocably put away as unworkable and unsupportable - as it always was. Salmond's team will go for sterlingisation. Possibly the worst choice they could possibly make.

6. rUK regions will start to question seriously why Scotland could be offered devo max, and yet nothing is being offered to them. Expect the rumbling to increase and become an electoral issue for May 2015.

That's what I predict, he said, dropping his crystal ball on his foot. Anyone else?
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

ErnstRemarx wrote:
HindleA wrote:Evening,well after being reasonably confident about Scotland rejecting independence,Now I'm not so sure.The Scottish side of my family,living in Scotland are,I have been informed solidly behind a Yes,that this a shock is very much an understatement as they voted against devolution.What has changed their minds and/or how the debate is playing out in Scotland I cannot pretend to know.My Scottish dad,living in England was equally bemused,his position may be gleaned by his response "I thought they were reasonably intelligent"Admittedly,only a few votes,but if they could be persuaded anybody could.

If the Scots do go, and that's looking borderline likely, I suspect that several things will happen in the first few months following the vote.

1. The rUK economy will have another dip because of the result and the flight from sterling. This will be offset over time as companies start to relocate core business from Scotland down to England, but will not wholly offset it. The uncertainty in trade will hit rUK trade figures.

2. Scottish business will see a more significant downturn in business amplified by the result of the above and the slow but sure closing and narrowing of markets. Again, market forces will prevail here and Salmond's charm, such as it is, will be of no use.

3. The EU will pronounce a little more clearly on Scottish membership. My guess is that they'll say yes, but subject to the usual rules for admittance. There will be no fast tracking, and I'm pretty sure the rUK government will, for once, use tact and maximum influence to ensure this.

4. Investment in Scottish business will slow considerably, but won't stop. Asset flight from Scotland will begin to pick up.

5. The political fallout will begin. Currency union will be finally and irrevocably put away as unworkable and unsupportable - as it always was. Salmond's team will go for sterlingisation. Possibly the worst choice they could possibly make.

6. rUK regions will start to question seriously why Scotland could be offered devo max, and yet nothing is being offered to them. Expect the rumbling to increase and become an electoral issue for May 2015.

That's what I predict, he said, dropping his crystal ball on his foot. Anyone else?

A belated response as a thank you for reply and to suggest a reposting in the morning?
ErnstRemarx
Secretary of State

Post by ErnstRemarx »

Is that it then? God.

I really hate it when this happens.

Who gets to clean out the pans in the cafe? Me. I've got to clear all the FTN tables and get rid of the crisp packets and discarded tourist information brochures. FFS, just pop them in the recycling bin. It's over there. I've tilled up and I reckon that we're breaking even on the week, although I suspect that today may be covering slight losses earlier in the week.

Either way, we're OK and we can now order the blinds and air fresheners for the toilets, at last.

I've noticed that the doggy bowl outside is quite well used by subbers and visitors, but I'd like to point out that there's a cat bowl there too. We don't discriminate at FTN, so bring your cat along too. He or she will love it.

I'll be changing the menu in the cafe soon, as I've had little take up with parsnip surprise and the sales of elk salad sandwiches leads me to think that I'm way ahead of the curve on that one. Probable substitutions for the autumn menu are celery, baked bean, sprout and egg tummy calmer and squirrel-in-a-basket with pancetta. That's looking like a winner.

As usual, I look to FTNers for advice. Do you have some?
ErnstRemarx
Secretary of State

Post by ErnstRemarx »

HindleA wrote:
ErnstRemarx wrote:

A belated response as a thank you for reply and to suggest a reposting in the morning?
No problem cock, if I'm up in time afore the school run I'll get it done. If I can't, would you be so kind?
Temulkar
Secretary of State

Post by Temulkar »

ErnstRemarx wrote:

Cameron is forced to resign and the LD's pull out of coalition, the rump government loses a vote of no confidence and Parliament is dissolved forcing a November election. Miliband wins a landslide with a few greens, few libs and a broken tory party. UKIP with a couple of MP's picks up a few splitters as well but the right is finished for a generation.
LadyCentauria
Speaker of the House
Location: Set within 3,500 acres of leafy public land in SW London

Post by LadyCentauria »

HindleA wrote:
refitman wrote:
HindleA wrote:Judicial Review into the BT set for the 19/20th November.Concerning domestic violence victims and sanctuary rooms.Background here:

http://www.hmbsolicitors.co.uk/news/cat ... et_id=1580" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Another example of how utterly useless the bedroom tax is. I hope this is another case the government lose.

For a minute I thought "BT" referred to Better Together and was mightily confused.

No British Telecom :D
Hah! British Telecom was my first thought – like, what on earth have they done to need a judicial review. Oh, Bedroom Tax. Excellent news! :D
This time, I'm gonna be stronger I'm not giving in...
ErnstRemarx
Secretary of State

Post by ErnstRemarx »

Temulkar wrote:
ErnstRemarx wrote:

Cameron is forced to resign and the LD's pull out of coalition, the rump government loses a vote of no confidence and Parliament is dissolved forcing a November election. Miliband wins a landslide with a few greens, few libs and a broken tory party. UKIP with a couple of MP's picks up a few splitters as well but the right is finished for a generation.
Hi Tem, whilst I'd like to think it's a resigning matter, I suspect there's actually no issue over which our bum faced overlord would actually resign. the Fibs will hunker down as ever and this fucking farce will continue until next May.

Like the new additions to the menu?
Temulkar
Secretary of State

Post by Temulkar »

Not so sure Ernst. Empty Dave faces a spanking in two up-coming by elections as it is. Throw on top the loss of the scottish part of the union and he will be forced out. At that point the liberals will consciously uncouple I think.
Hobiejoe
Minister of State

Post by Hobiejoe »

ErnstRemarx wrote:Is that it then? God.

Who gets to clean out the pans in the cafe? Me. I've got to clear all the FTN tables and get rid of the crisp packets and discarded tourist information brochures. FFS, just pop them in the recycling bin. It's over there. I've tilled up and I reckon that we're breaking even on the week, although I suspect that today may be covering slight losses earlier in the week.

Either way, we're OK and we can now order the blinds and air fresheners for the toilets, at last.

I've noticed that the doggy bowl outside is quite well used by subbers and visitors, but I'd like to point out that there's a cat bowl there too. We don't discriminate at FTN, so bring your cat along too. He or she will love it.

I'll be changing the menu in the cafe soon, as I've had little take up with parsnip surprise and the sales of elk salad sandwiches leads me to think that I'm way ahead of the curve on that one. Probable substitutions for the autumn menu are celery, baked bean, sprout and egg tummy calmer and squirrel-in-a-basket with pancetta. That's looking like a winner.

Yes, yes I do.

1) Welcome to my world, and I dare say that Letskip will share the feeling.

2) Chefs. Do not presume to feel qualified to pronounce on the subject of "chef" until you have had to employ a "chef". Until you have, you have no way of knowing *shudder*

That is all.
letsskiptotheleft
Home Secretary

Post by letsskiptotheleft »

Hobiejoe wrote:

Yes, yes I do.

2) Chefs. Do not presume to feel qualified to pronounce on the subject of "chef" until you have had to employ a "chef". Until you have, you have no way of knowing *shudder*

That is all.
I concour, also a bit of a bugger having a dose of insomnia knowing full well three mutts sleeping below will have me up by 6.30.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

LadyCentauria wrote:
HindleA wrote:
refitman wrote: Another example of how utterly useless the bedroom tax is. I hope this is another case the government lose.

For a minute I thought "BT" referred to Better Together and was mightily confused.

No British Telecom :D
Hah! British Telecom was my first thought – like, what on earth have they done to need a judicial review. Oh, Bedroom Tax. Excellent news! :D

Well,it's on the basis of discrimination,DWP I suspect will scream DHP as it has successfully done in the past.It's just goes to show,given that they must have known they would face multiple legal challenges how much money they are willing to waste to satisfy their misanthropy.It would have been cheaper to just exempt them and very easy to do,but that's not the point to them.
Hobiejoe
Minister of State

Post by Hobiejoe »

letsskiptotheleft wrote:
Hobiejoe wrote:

Yes, yes I do.

That is all.
I concour, also a bit of a bugger having a dose of insomnia knowing full well three mutts sleeping below will have me up by 6.30.
My commiserations, at least the sprogs will sleep another hour.

:sleep: