Saturday 13th & Sunday 14th September 2014

A home from home
Forum rules
Welcome to FTN. New posters are welcome to join the conversation. You can follow us on Twitter @FlythenestHaven You are responsible for the content you post. This is a public forum. Treat it as if you are speaking in a crowded room. Site admin and Moderators are volunteers who will respond as quickly as they are able to when made aware of any complaints. Please do not post copyrighted material without the original authors permission.
LadyCentauria
Speaker of the House
Location: Set within 3,500 acres of leafy public land in SW London

Re: Saturday 13th & Sunday 14th September 2014

Post by LadyCentauria »

ohsocynical wrote:Pass the sick bag not the pop corn: US verdict on DWP’s privatised sick note service

http://davidhencke.wordpress.com/2014/0 ... e-service/

Interesting, they sound like the typical American company. but not much about how they treat their customers...Anyone know?
What!!!??? That is bloody outrageous (am I allowed to say bloody on here? it is the most polite word I can think of for this news!) Government are planning to bring this system in from as early as November! It has the makings of another Atos Healthcare farrago whereby people are being medically retired from their employment but then found fit for work on a WCA, both recommendations being made by reps/docs/whatever who are employed by the same company. I cannot believe that Maximus, in whatever guise, are not already working for private companies in the UK, deciding whether people should be signed off long-term or retired on medical grounds. And I do not understand why the Govt/DWP dont see any conflict of interest. And I'll bet that the contract they get will have one of those 'get-your-profits-for-x-years even if the next Govt cancel-it/take-the-work-back-in-house!' :fire: :wall: :cry:

Sorry :deep breath: :cool/calm/collected:

In answer to your question, judging by the quotes from staff of said company, I doubt that they get glowing reviews from their clients/customers/patients. The attitudes within the management and front-line staff tend to strongly influence the treatment that the public receive from them. In this case, there are lots of complaints about low pay, long hours, involuntary overtime, etc., for the shop-floor but nepotism/favouritism within the management structure and the lack of qualifications in those upper levels.

The whole idea of bringing a private company in to take over from GPs for sick-/fit-notes once you've been signed off work for 4 weeks will lead to a lot of confusion for people, delays (including in payments of Social Security benefits,) etc., Not to mention what an incredible yet-another-insult this is to the GPs and Consultants of this country and their ability to make accurate and impartial decisions on whether or not someone is fit enough to work, or work part-time, or work possibly-a-bit, or not at all.

Is there a list, anywhere, of all the things in the pipeline to be privatised as fast as possible in the next seven months, before Parliament rises for the election?
This time, I'm gonna be stronger I'm not giving in...