Fri 3rd, Sat 4th, Sun 5th & Mon 6th April - Easter edition

A home from home
Forum rules
Welcome to FTN. New posters are welcome to join the conversation. You can follow us on Twitter @FlythenestHaven You are responsible for the content you post. This is a public forum. Treat it as if you are speaking in a crowded room. Site admin and Moderators are volunteers who will respond as quickly as they are able to when made aware of any complaints. Please do not post copyrighted material without the original authors permission.
utopiandreams
Speaker of the House

Re: Fri 3rd, Sat 4th, Sun 5th & Mon 6th April - Easter editi

Post by utopiandreams »

Result. I've just dropped my daughter off at her carer's, or home as she would call it, and raised the topic of voting. As I suspected they have voted Labour in the past. Nevertheless they don't usually bother and quite frankly seemed a little disinterested. That is until I spoke of IDS and my concerns for my daughter and the other two young adults with learning difficulties that they look after plus themselves of course as carers should the Tories get a second term. When put like that I did arouse their attention. Thanks, ohso, for raising the subject in the first place.

I explained what we'd say to the voting adjudicators, namely given our assistance as advocate so they weren't alone in the voting booth. So five more votes to oust our incumbent Tory MP. I also got some good news btw. My daughter has been assessed for her fitness to work and was not deemed able to. Quite right too.
I would close my eyes if I couldn't dream.
Willow904
Prime Minister

Post by Willow904 »

RogerOThornhill wrote:
Willow904 wrote:
Scottish Secretary Alistair Carmichael has said the leaking of a memo which claimed Nicola Sturgoen would prefer David Cameron to be prime minister was "just one of those things".

Mr Carmichael confirmed the memo was written in the Scottish Office but denied it was embarrassing for him.

He said: "This is the middle of an election campaign, these things happen."
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election-2015-32188345" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Yeah. I'm sure he'd feel exactly the same if someone leaked a private memo about Clegg. Not!
So McBride's suspicion about it coming from the LibDems looks as though it may have been right. Motive and opportunity - the basis of all crime...
It does seem to fit better than anything else. It's not as if the Libdems have anything left to lose if they get caught out, either. Desperate times call for desperate measures and all that and there may even have been a genuine concern for the risk to the union that a devil's pact between the Tories and the SNP could represent.
"Fall seven times, get up eight" - Japanese proverb
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

James Chapman (Mail) retweeted
Politico Daily ‏@Politico_Daily 4 mins4 minutes ago
ComRes (South Thanet)

Macinlay (Con) 31
Scobie (Lab) 29
Timpson (LD) 5
Farage (UKIP) 30
Driver (Green) 3
Murray (FUKP) 1
Other 1
We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office. – Aesop
TechnicalEphemera
Speaker of the House

Post by TechnicalEphemera »

Willow904 wrote:
RogerOThornhill wrote:
Willow904 wrote: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election-2015-32188345" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Yeah. I'm sure he'd feel exactly the same if someone leaked a private memo about Clegg. Not!
So McBride's suspicion about it coming from the LibDems looks as though it may have been right. Motive and opportunity - the basis of all crime...
It does seem to fit better than anything else. It's not as if the Libdems have anything left to lose if they get caught out, either. Desperate times call for desperate measures and all that and there may even have been a genuine concern for the risk to the union that a devil's pact between the Tories and the SNP could represent.
Yep, the finger of blame seems to be pointing in the right direction. But if the memo is genuine (and it seems it is) the Lib Dems can justifiably say....

"The SNP are clearly conning left wing Scots into voting for them, whilst planning to do a deal with Cameron. You got fooled once by Nick Clegg pulling this stunt in 2010, don't get fooled again."

Well that last bit is an issue, but as you say desperate times....
Release the Guardvarks.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Daniel Boffey retweeted
Charlie Brooker ‏@charltonbrooker 1h1 hour ago
Cameron's debate notes consisted of nothing but the words "REMEMBER TO MAINTAIN HUMAN FORM".
Working on the wild side.
utopiandreams
Speaker of the House

Post by utopiandreams »

ohsocynical wrote:
I don't like the way that some creatures are put down when they cannot be accommodated, but then they have neither the facilities or the funds to be a sanctuary.
I find them very cynical. The advertise on the TV, that they'll look after your pet. They don't say anything about if it's old or if not suitable putting it down. And with the pet owner 'dying', the inference is to leave them something in your will.

My dad started getting distressing literature from animal charities. He was on a low fixed income and I discovered he was signing up for those 'small' monthly payments because it was so upsetting. I made him cut down to a couple and tear up any more of their mail that came.

I'm as daft as the next person over animals but a big chunk goes on publicity and directors wages, and I'm not prepared to pay for that.

My brother in law was a site agent and years ago was responsible for the new Guide dog for the blind headquarters.
He watched them order exotic trees from abroad for the grounds and hire a top chef for their canteen. He reckoned no expense was spared.
When put like that, ohsocynical, I may have to reevaluate my thoughts. Nevertheless my experience has only been with those I've encountered and know nothing of the organisation's machinations. Our second dog was about to be put down; about 18 months old (as was the first, age that is) and had been there for 3 months. She used to bark aggressively at everyone and show her teeth. That was until I told her to come here and sit, which she did. The keepers told me that she did do as told but did herself no favours when people came to view. Of course I had to check how she behaved with the other one and the kids but she proved a most obedient and loving dog. Soft as anything with people as it happened, too soft really unless we told her to speak (a German Shepherd cross).
I would close my eyes if I couldn't dream.
TechnicalEphemera
Speaker of the House

Can Empty Dave tweet.

From hugging a husky to kissing a lamb in five years. Elect me and next year I will move up to killing a badger.
Release the Guardvarks.
Tubby Isaacs
Prime Minister

Post by Tubby Isaacs »

Does anyone in South Thanet think Fargle will do any work?
TechnicalEphemera
Speaker of the House

Tubby Isaacs wrote:Does anyone in South Thanet think Fargle will do any work?
Doubt it, but as long as he is prepared to continue the war with North Thanet they won't care. Only FUKP can unify Thanet (official manifesto commitment).
Release the Guardvarks.
AngryAsWell
Prime Minister

Post by AngryAsWell »

Had a quiet day with the family celebrating 40 years, 20 year olds birthday and SiL birthday.
Just logged onto twitter and saw this

John O'Farrell ‏@mrjohnofarrell · 5h5 hours ago
Please take the trouble to learn a few sentences of Romanian. You never know when a UKIP canvasser may come to your door.

Made me laugh :lol:
Sticky99
Backbencher

Post by Sticky99 »

Evening all,

After the alleged comments from Nicola Sturgeon about Miliband, it will be interesting to see if the polls in the coming weeks see a shift and whether they will impact the SNP’s appeal on voting day. Of course, hardline nationalists in Scotland will vote SNP regardless, but to a lot of floating voters in Scotland the Tories are villains, and the SNP likes to blame almost everything on Tory and Westminster cuts. Whilst I agree that Tory governments are terrible things, the extent that the SNP play to every stereotype that voters hold is ridiculous, but so far effective. Up until this weekend the SNP plan was all going to plan, but now something rather sinister has been revealed about Sturgeon. If you are a Scot and don’t want a Tory PM and certainly don’t want them having five more years of controlling spending decisions, surely voting for the SNP seems rather unattractive. You’re just propping up a party that really wants an “establishment”, right-wing government in office.

Not sure what the polls look like now in Scotland, but I can only hope for a change...
Sticky99
Backbencher

Post by Sticky99 »

AngryAsWell wrote:Had a quiet day with the family celebrating 40 years, 20 year olds birthday and SiL birthday.

Please take the trouble to learn a few sentences of Romanian. You never know when a UKIP canvasser may come to your door.

Brilliant! :lol!:
refitman
Site Admin

Post by refitman »

TechnicalEphemera wrote:Can Empty Dave tweet.

From hugging a husky to kissing a lamb in five years. Elect me and next year I will move up to killing a badger.
Attachments
Empty.png
Empty.png (10.87 KiB) Viewed 6355 times
StephenDolan
First Secretary of State

Post by StephenDolan »

Feeding an orphan lamb good.

Ripping apart baby foxes good.

Shooting baby badgers good.

Countryside living, Tory style.
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

My God some of the lying Tory shits posting on Twitter really take the cake...

You'd think if they're following politics they couldn't fail to see post after post relating to the evils done.

What do these people believe in? They can't love our country. They can't love 90 percent of the population. They can't love our beautiful country side, or have pride in things like the coastguard, our police, our heritage, or our armed services.

I'm honestly bewildered. These are very strange Tories.
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

rebeccariots2 wrote:
Daniel Boffey retweeted
Charlie Brooker ‏@charltonbrooker 1h1 hour ago
Cameron's debate notes consisted of nothing but the words "REMEMBER TO MAINTAIN HUMAN FORM".
Absolute class from Brooker
LET'S FACE IT I'M JUST 'KIN' SEETHIN'
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

StephenDolan wrote:Feeding an orphan lamb good.

Cuddly Dave so misses being able to shoot deer and pigeons....He simply doesn't have the time.
letsskiptotheleft
Home Secretary

Post by letsskiptotheleft »

Never fail to be tickled by nationalist politicians who have Westminster as a backdrop to their Twitter bios.
AngryAsWell
Prime Minister

Post by AngryAsWell »

Alexander accuses Tories of 'breathtaking hypocrisy'
He's talking about the 2012 budget ! Yet they continued to back them - says it all really

http://www.itv.com/news/update/2015-04- ... hypocrisy/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
AngryAsWell
Prime Minister

Post by AngryAsWell »

ohsocynical wrote:

Cuddly Dave so misses being able to shoot deer and pigeons....He simply doesn't have the time.
Oh - he will have the time s o o n very soon ;)
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

ohsocynical wrote:My God some of the lying Tory shits posting on Twitter really take the cake...

You'd think if they're following politics they couldn't fail to see post after post relating to the evils done.

What do these people believe in? They can't love our country. They can't love 90 percent of the population. They can't love our beautiful country side, or have pride in things like the coastguard, our police, our heritage, or our armed services.

I'm honestly bewildered. These are very strange Tories.
They hate us. We just get in the way of them having it ALL. But they need us to wipe their kids' arses and empty their bins.
refitman
Site Admin

Post by refitman »

Sent that from EmptyDave.
pk1
Speaker of the House

Post by pk1 »

Willow904 wrote:I was asking a little while back where to get a Labour window poster, having completely forgotten I'd told a Labour campaigner I'd put one up when Todd Foreman came round to introduce himself last summer. A very dedicated volunteer just hand-posted a letter & posters from Todd Foreman this afternoon, much to my surprise. My husband has already put them up and they look good, too, very simple and eye-catching. None of my Libdem neighbours have their posters up yet, though. Can't imagine why! ;)
I get so frustrated with the Labour candidate & secretary of the local party in my area.

For months now I have been reminding them of my willingness to stuff envelopes only to be told yes, thank you, I will call you shortly only for nothing to happen !

I saw them both at the Steve Richards show the other week & the local secretary said he was going to pop in the following week - still waiting.....

I know I live in a true blue seat but if they ever have any hope of changing that, they need to get locals enthused into supporting the local party & frankly, they couldn't organise a piss up in a brewery !

I've taken to sending my cash to Oliver Coppard instead in the hope that he has sufficient support in Hallam to get rid of Clegg but I would much rather prefer to supporting my local team :(
LadyCentauria
Speaker of the House
Location: Set within 3,500 acres of leafy public land in SW London

Post by LadyCentauria »

AngryAsWell wrote:Had a quiet day with the family celebrating 40 years, 20 year olds birthday and SiL birthday.

Happy Anniversary! And here's to many more :clap: And Happy Birthday to the 20 yr old and son-in-law, too.

And thanks for the brill John O'Farrell quote – I'll give that a go :rofl:
This time, I'm gonna be stronger I'm not giving in...
AngryAsWell
Prime Minister

Post by AngryAsWell »

LadyCentauria wrote:

Happy Anniversary! And here's to many more :clap: And Happy Birthday to the 20 yr old and son-in-law, too.

And thanks for the brill John O'Farrell quote – I'll give that a go :rofl:
Thank you, we had a great day, "quiet" doesn't really fit, it was only quiet in that I've not been near the computer - celebrations were a bit rowdy & loud :lol: I'll pass the birthday wishes on thanks :)
PaulfromYorkshire
Site Admin

Post by PaulfromYorkshire »

Hi All

Only half the way through catching up with the Easter Weekend edition so sorry if this falls wrong.

BUT I will say again that the best interests of the establishment are served by the focus on Scotland.

The Tories are likely to win one or zero seats in Scotland. Scotland will play itself out, but the next General Election will be won / lost in London and the Midlands.
Eric_WLothian
Secretary of State

Post by Eric_WLothian »

Willow904 wrote:
Scottish Secretary Alistair Carmichael has said the leaking of a memo which claimed Nicola Sturgoen would prefer David Cameron to be prime minister was "just one of those things".

Mr Carmichael confirmed the memo was written in the Scottish Office but denied it was embarrassing for him.

He said: "This is the middle of an election campaign, these things happen."
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election-2015-32188345" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Maybe I'm being pedantic (again), but if that's what Carmichael wrote, he shouldn't be SoS for Scotland. The Scottish Office ceased to exist when the Scottish parliament took over devolved matters. At that point, the Scottish Office became the Scottish Executive, answerable to the new parliament. What Mr Carmichael heads is the Scotland Office, a UK government department.
letsskiptotheleft
Home Secretary

Post by letsskiptotheleft »

PaulfromYorkshire wrote:Hi All

Only half the way through catching up with the Easter Weekend edition so sorry if this falls wrong.

BUT I will say again that the best interests of the establishment are served by the focus on Scotland.

The Tories are likely to win one or zero seats in Scotland. Scotland will play itself out, but the next General Election will be won / lost in London and the Midlands.

Indeed, the election will be won or lost in the midlands, too much focus on what is going on up there, Labour will have a kicking, you could offer every family a Euro lottery win and it wouldn't be good enough, too many are not prepared to listen to any argument, it's bordering on a cult of personality. Let them go for this election if that's what they want.

I am bored by them, prefer if Labour concentrated on what they can win now.
pk1
Speaker of the House

Post by pk1 »

Its time Sturgeon was challenged. This article is rather timely:

http://www.sundaypost.com/news-views/uk ... s-1.857271" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/201 ... -alexander" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Danny Alexander accuses Tories of "breathtaking hypocrisy"

I can hardly breathe.
SpinningHugo
Prime Minister

Post by SpinningHugo »

Stunningly naive piece by the execrable Zoe Williams on today's Graun. Why would she,and others purportedly of the left, think the SNP has any interest in a successful United Kingdom government of the left?
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

SpinningHugo wrote:Stunningly naive piece by the execrable Zoe Williams on today's Graun. Why would she,and others purportedly of the left, think the SNP has any interest in a successful United Kingdom government of the left?
I think it's something to do with the "confidence" they "teach" at Oxbridge.
(Zoe Williams, Lincoln College, Oxford)
TechnicalEphemera
Speaker of the House

tinyclanger2 wrote:
SpinningHugo wrote:Stunningly naive piece by the execrable Zoe Williams on today's Graun. Why would she,and others purportedly of the left, think the SNP has any interest in a successful United Kingdom government of the left?
I think it's something to do with the "confidence" they "teach" at Oxbridge.
(Zoe Williams, Lincoln College, Oxford)

Whatever it is, somebody needs to sit her down and remind her she lives in the real world not fluffy happy Guardian land (where every day is Nick Clegg day).

I completely agree with Hugo, I even made exactly that point BTL, but I can't be arsed to go back to it to deal with the abuse.

Here is what happens if Cameron+SNP+UKIP is a majority.

1. Cameron offers SNP FFA+
2. Cameron gets SNP support for EVEL.
3. rUK is handed over to the Tories by the SNP.

FFA+ will work like this.

FFA and a stability pact.
rUK will provide gap funding for 4 years.
After 4 years SNP have the option for FFA or to drop it.

This gives both sides exactly what they want. The Tories get rUK, Scotland is independent in all but name (although Cameron still owns their banks). The Tea Party Tories will be happy because the future liabilities of Scotland are off the books.

The people of the UK (North and South of the border) are utterly screwed.
Release the Guardvarks.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Morning.

So Radio 4 have just done a piece about Memogate in which it has all become about Sturgeon not having confidence in / supporting Ed Miliband .... rather than actively wanting David Cameron to stay as prime minister - surprise, surprise. And they've had that nice Stuart Hosie on just to ask him if he can see Ed as prime minister - so when he laughs and hesitates they can go 'See, you can't endorse him either ...' or words to that effect.

I woke up early and found myself musing on the ridiculous situation that could ensue post election ... where we may well have had the biggest anti-Tory vote ever - across Labour, Green, SNP, Plaid (can't include the Lib Dems in that because anyone voting for them now must know they are most likely to support the Tories again) - and yet because of that broad spectrum could end up with a Tory government. May the light forces of nature please prevent that.

But I'm also repeatedly coming back to Willow's point about every vote really mattering this time - because the only thing that might keep Cameron out if the Tories and Labour have similar or equal numbers of seats - will be Labour having the bigger vote share which will make it very hard for the Lib Dems to jump in with the Tories. Vote share and Clegg going, going, gone are part of the anti-Tory essential back up. May the light forces of nature please make sure these things happen.

And finally - the tree pollen is now well and truly out - rather late this year - I am bunged up and sniffing.
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

rebeccariots2 wrote:Morning.

So Radio 4 have just done a piece about Memogate in which it has all become about Sturgeon not having confidence in / supporting Ed Miliband .... rather than actively wanting David Cameron to stay as prime minister - surprise, surprise. And they've had that nice Stuart Hosie on just to ask him if he can see Ed as prime minister - so when he laughs and hesitates they can go 'See, you can't endorse him either ...' or words to that effect.

I woke up early and found myself musing on the ridiculous situation that could ensue post election ... where we may well have had the biggest anti-Tory vote ever - across Labour, Green, SNP, Plaid (can't include the Lib Dems in that because anyone voting for them now must know they are most likely to support the Tories again) - and yet because of that broad spectrum could end up with a Tory government. May the light forces of nature please prevent that.

But I'm also repeatedly coming back to Willow's point about every vote really mattering this time - because the only thing that might keep Cameron out if the Tories and Labour have similar or equal numbers of seats - will be Labour having the bigger vote share which will make it very hard for the Lib Dems to jump in with the Tories. Vote share and Clegg going, going, gone are part of the anti-Tory essential back up. May the light forces of nature please make sure these things happen.

And finally - the tree pollen is now well and truly out - rather late this year - I am bunged up and sniffing.
SNP - is it really anti-Tory? It never has been before, it seems unlikely that it is now. It's just the Tories that want independence as opposed to the ones that don't.
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

Of course Sturgeon will say "well I offered Ed a deal before the GE but he didn't take it so unfortunately we (SNP) are left having to moderate the Tories just like the LIbDems did before us."

Or something along those lines.
And yes the Oxbridge thing is relevant. It's all about our being predominantly represented by those who - even if they don't know it themselves - fundamentally want to maintain the status quo. 99.5 percent of us almost exclusively represented by the single world view of 0.5. It can't work and it doesn't.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

tinyclanger2 wrote:
rebeccariots2 wrote:Morning.

SNP - is it really anti-Tory? It never has been before, it seems unlikely that it is now. It's just the Tories that want independence as opposed to the ones that don't.
But quite a lot of people will be voting for them on the basis / belief that they are anti-Tory / anti austerity.
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

True
yahyah
Prime Minister

Post by yahyah »

Morning, another lovely sunny one here.

Please have a share of my birthday cake - am 59 years old today and don't feel a day over 58.
Am convinced my 60th next year will be celebrated with Ed as PM.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Happy Birthday yahyah - and may your dreams come true.

(PS - you and Mr Riots share a birthday - not sure if that will please you or not!)
StephenDolan
First Secretary of State

Post by StephenDolan »

Morning all,

Happy birthday to all celebrating today, I hope you have an enjoyable one.

The 2016 Scottish elections must influence how the SNP deal with the Conservatives. Cosy up and the former Labour voters are going to jump back. Could end up with the ridiculous scenario of Labour being the largest party in the Scottish parliament, with the SNP part of a tory alliance in the house of Commons. Dare I say Salmond back running the show would please him?
yahyah
Prime Minister

Post by yahyah »

Thanks, and happy birthday to Mr RR too.
May his cake slice be a big one.
TheGrimSqueaker
Speaker of the House

Post by TheGrimSqueaker »

tinyclanger2 wrote:Of course Sturgeon will say "well I offered Ed a deal before the GE but he didn't take it so unfortunately we (SNP) are left having to moderate the Tories just like the LIbDems did before us."
There is a picture doing the rounds on Twitter which says that Gordon Brown refused to do a deal with the SNP & the Lib Dems in 2010, and that is the only reason Cameron has been able to inflict all this misery on the poor wee Scots; "Labour let us down then, why should they be any different now" is very much the narrative. Of course it skates over the inconvenient tiny details that there were only 6 SNP MPs that time around and the Lib Dems weren't interested in talking to Gordon, but facts don't seem to bother the 45ers. :wall:

A very Happy Birthday to Yahyah and Mr Riots.
COWER BRIEF MORTALS. HO. HO. HO.
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

Post by RogerOThornhill »

Morning all.

AS is reporting a Tory PPC defection to UKIP in Hull.

Nigel Farage ✔ @Nigel_Farage
Follow
Just spoken to Tory parliamentary candidate for Hull West and Hessle, Mike Whitehead, who has now left the Conservatives and joined UKIP!

Nominations close on Thursday...

Edit
Happy Birthday yahyah! and Mr RR too...
Last edited by RogerOThornhill on Mon 06 Apr, 2015 9:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
If I'm not here, then I'll be in the library. Or the other library.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Kevin Schofield ‏@schofieldkevin 4m4 minutes ago
Latest YouGov Welsh poll for The Sun puts Labour on 40%, Tories on 27%, Ukip 13%, Plaid Cymru 9%, Lib Dems 6% and the Greens 5%.
Ukip polling higher than PC or Libs .... how depressing. But - on the positive side - lets hope most of that Ukip vote is former Tory / right wingers and won't be going back to them (27 + 13 would be really depressing).
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

Good morfternoon.

@ yahyah

Happy birthday!

@ rebeccariots2

Happy birthday to Mr rebeccariots2, too. Could have had a full house there, were he two today. Oh well, can't win 'em all.
Spacedone
Whip

Post by Spacedone »

RogerOThornhill wrote:Morning all.

Follow
Just spoken to Tory parliamentary candidate for Hull West and Hessle, Mike Whitehead, who has now left the Conservatives and joined UKIP!

Edit
What's the point? Electoral Calculus have that seat as an 88% chance of being Labour and predict Labour will get 46.6% of the vote. Unless they know something we don't he's just swapped a party with little chance for another party with little chance... unless of course the plan is to get all the Tory vote to swing behind UKIP?
Last edited by Spacedone on Mon 06 Apr, 2015 10:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Spacedone
Whip

Post by Spacedone »

#pensionfreedoms doesn't seem to be getting the unadulterated praise Osborne was hoping for.
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

Post by RogerOThornhill »

Spacedone wrote:
RogerOThornhill wrote:Morning all.

Follow

Edit
What's the point? Electoral Calculus have that seat as an 88% chance of being Labour and predict Labour will get 46.6% of the vote. Unless they know something we don't he's just swapped a party with little chance for another party with little chance... unless of course the plan is to get all the Tory vote to swing behind UKIP?
The Tories are now saying they sacked him last week.

Interesting that wikipedia was changed to remove him as a Tory candidate three hours before the announcement.

http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?tit ... =654758023
If I'm not here, then I'll be in the library. Or the other library.
gilsey
Prime Minister

Post by gilsey »

yahyah wrote:Morning, another lovely sunny one here.

Please have a share of my birthday cake - am 59 years old today and don't feel a day over 58.
Am convinced my 60th next year will be celebrated with Ed as PM.
Happy birthday yahyah.
It's a beautiful day here too.

I'll be 61 tomorrow.
One world, like it or not - John Martyn