Monday 13th April

A home from home
Forum rules
Welcome to FTN. New posters are welcome to join the conversation. You can follow us on Twitter @FlythenestHaven You are responsible for the content you post. This is a public forum. Treat it as if you are speaking in a crowded room. Site admin and Moderators are volunteers who will respond as quickly as they are able to when made aware of any complaints. Please do not post copyrighted material without the original authors permission.
StephenDolan
First Secretary of State

Re: Monday 13th April

Post by StephenDolan »

'The Tories say the deficit caused the crisis. That’s not true. It is the crash that caused the deficit. '

Nice tight phrase, let's hear it repeated ad infinitum please.
pk1
Speaker of the House

Post by pk1 »

Heartwarming:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world ... 72301.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
TechnicalEphemera
Speaker of the House

Post by TechnicalEphemera »

PorFavor wrote:
citizenJA wrote:Morning, PorFavor - why'd Wintour write 'big, blue' prior to the good parts?
Is it an intentional slight at Labour?
Hello, there.

To answer your question - it would be a first if it wasn't.
Unusually it isn't a dig.

This is a reference to The Blue Labour project, which is a serious initiative, even if many of is don't like it, some of their less barking ideas made it in.
Release the Guardvarks.
TheGrimSqueaker
Speaker of the House

Post by TheGrimSqueaker »

Ian Katz ‏@iankatz1000 · 5m5 minutes ago
Miliband so buoyant he doesn't want to stop taking questions. He'll be taking questions from Andorran media soon #GE2015
COWER BRIEF MORTALS. HO. HO. HO.
pk1
Speaker of the House

Post by pk1 »

TheGrimSqueaker wrote:
Ian Katz ‏@iankatz1000 · 5m5 minutes ago
Miliband so buoyant he doesn't want to stop taking questions. He'll be taking questions from Andorran media soon #GE2015
Katz in typical sneer mode then.

If EM hadn't taken so many questions, doubtless that tweet would have had a dig about him running away from the difficult questions posed by him & his colleagues..... :roll:
frightful_oik
Whip

Post by frightful_oik »

Just listened to 5 Live doing a vox pop from some cafe in 'ultra-marginal Bolton West'. Two of first three were anti Ed's manifesto performance, the other wasn't sure. Lefty BBC eh. Knew we could count on them.
Shake your chains to earth like dew
Which in sleep had fallen on you-
Ye are many - they are few."
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

TechnicalEphemera wrote:
PorFavor wrote:
citizenJA wrote:Morning, PorFavor - why'd Wintour write 'big, blue' prior to the good parts?
Is it an intentional slight at Labour?
Hello, there.

To answer your question - it would be a first if it wasn't.
Unusually it isn't a dig.

This is a reference to The Blue Labour project, which is a serious initiative, even if many of is don't like it, some of their less barking ideas made it in.
I'd rather forgotten about Maurice!
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Post by AnatolyKasparov »

Newsnight is on its last legs, pretty much - it has been in decline for some time though Katz certainly hasn't helped things.

I an cautiously optimistic about Viner......
"IS TONTY BLAIR BEHIND THIS???!!!!111???!!!"
pk1
Speaker of the House

Post by pk1 »

BBC

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/election-2015-32268052" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Lib Dem leader Nick Clegg claims Labour's manifesto is "not worth the paper it's written on".

The Labour Party saying they have no plans for additional borrowing is like an alcoholic who consumes a bottle of vodka every day, saying they have no plans to drink more vodka. It's a dangerous addiction and the Labour Party have no plan and no date by which to clear the decks, wipe the slate clean and deal with the deficit."
- what a ginormous f***ing t**t !!

According to Michelle Clifford from Sky, he followed it up by saying:
Labour plans indicate they would be borrowing something like £70bn & on the basis of what they have in their manifesto & neglecting to draw down the deficit, specifically putting a date on when they would erase it, the LDs would not be prepared to go into coalition with Labour
I was weakening yesterday, thinking a LabLib coalition would be my preference but the more I hear from that eejit, the more inclined I am to say that I hope Ed leads a minority govt & dare the yellow bastards (of both hues) to vote them down, hence letting the Cons back in.
yahyah
Prime Minister

Post by yahyah »

The Welsh angle, from the manifesto:

'General Election 2015: Labour pledges to give Wales' National Assembly the same status as Scotland's Parliament'
http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales ... es-9032501" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Like the bit where Ed wrote:
“For me, the privilege of serving as Prime Minister in our country would be for one purpose alone: to work every day to help build a country that works again for working people.”
That is so very believable.
Rebecca
Lord Chancellor

Post by Rebecca »

RobertSnozers wrote:
pk1 wrote:
TheGrimSqueaker wrote:
Katz in typical sneer mode then.

If EM hadn't taken so many questions, doubtless that tweet would have had a dig about him running away from the difficult questions posed by him & his colleagues..... :roll:
Imagine if that idiot had become editor of the Guardian - though he can still do a fair amount of damage at Newsnight and, to be fair, I have no idea what Katharine Viner will be like
That may depend on whether red hot Ed caddishly bonked her before he met Justine.
TheGrimSqueaker
Speaker of the House

Lots drawn for podiums for Thu's Cameronless BBC1 leader debates (l to r) Miliband, Wood, Bennett, Sturgeon, Farage.
Ed to the left of Natalie and Nicola. That will upset a few people!!! :popcorn:
Tish
Committee Member

Post by Tish »

pk1 wrote:The bit I have put in bold should especially please Roger:
Setting up a national primary childcare service

The Tories have let down working families by scrapping the legal requirement to provide after-school or breakfast clubs and allowing numbers to fall with only half of parents able to find suitable term-time childcare to fit with their working hours. Only 17 local authorities in England able to provide after-school clubs at all primary schools.

Today Labour is announcing a new National Primary Childcare Service, underpinning a legal right to guaranteed access to wrap-around childcare in breakfast or after-school clubs from 8am-6pm.

This will increase the amount of affordable wrap-around childcare by delivering it through CRB-vetted volunteers and using the lower overheads of primary schools. And it will increase the amount of high quality childcare by providing a route for talented people from arts, sports or music organisations to bring their skills and expertise into primary schools.

The NPCS will be a not-for-profit organisation acting as a hub to match primary schools with volunteers and a range of quality extracurricular sports, art and music activities before and after school. It will be paid for by ending Government funding for the New Schools Network, an organisation set up to promote the Free Schools programme.
Unless I'm reading it wrong, that seems to suggest that after school care will increasingly be done by volunteers, rather than paid staff members. That seems to be going further down the road of replacing paid public service jobs with unpaid volunteers, something I hoped we would see Labour move away from. If this is just an add on, a way for volunteers to come into schools and offer specific activities, like football or painting skills, then brilliant, but if it plans to replace the current paid staff with volunteers, that that's really not on, especially if parents are still going to paying for after school care.

What would there be to stop an unscrupulous school (or chain of schools) continuing to charge parents fees for aftershool care, replacing the staff with unpaid volunteers via this government scheme and then spending the cash on something else (like consultancy fees paid to a private company)? I suppose we shall have to wait for the full details to come out.
yahyah
Prime Minister

Post by yahyah »

Latest Populus VI: Lab 33 (-), Con 33 (+2), LD 8 (-), UKIP 15 (-1), Greens 5 (-1)

The Green surge just isn't really surging, is it ?
Am hoping people realise, when they see Cameron & Osborne at work, just what is at stake and vote for the party that can form a stable majority government.
FuriousGeorge
Backbencher

Post by FuriousGeorge »

yahyah wrote:Latest Populus VI: Lab 33 (-), Con 33 (+2), LD 8 (-), UKIP 15 (-1), Greens 5 (-1)

Am hoping people realise, when they see Cameron & Osborne at work, just what is at stake and vote for the party that can form a stable majority government.
I think I must be getting more stupid but I looked through all the tables for that poll and couldnt get anywhere near 33% for either Labour or Conservative, weighted or unweighted.

Hah no ignore that I managed to miss a table - found it now.
Last edited by FuriousGeorge on Mon 13 Apr, 2015 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tinybgoat
Speaker of the House

Post by tinybgoat »

yahyah wrote:Latest Populus VI: Lab 33 (-), Con 33 (+2), LD 8 (-), UKIP 15 (-1), Greens 5 (-1)

more of a green sludge?
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Protestors Shouting Shame On You Clegg.jpg
Protestors Shouting Shame On You Clegg.jpg (40.12 KiB) Viewed 10922 times
Paul Waugh retweeted
Tamara Cohen ‏@tamcohen 9m9 minutes ago
Protestors shouting 'shame on you' at Clegg
Anyone know what this is about?
Working on the wild side.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Michael Gove Turned Up At The Labour Manifesto Launch With A Gang Of People In Nicola Sturgeon Masks
Someone screamed “TOSSER” at him from a speeding car.
http://www.buzzfeed.com/jamieross/the-m ... rgeon-mask" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
In a Periscope interview with The Daily Telegraph’s Chris Hope, Gove claimed the masked activists were both Conservative members and “people who have been excited by our campaign”.

Intrigued, we went to speak to the activists and found they were unwilling to speak. It was quite chilling.

One, peering at BuzzFeed News through Nicola Sturgeon’s eyeholes, whispered “go away” when asked if he was a Conservative member.
Another turned their Sturgeon-covered face away from us in the hope we would leave.
One brave activist finally plucked up the courage to speak – Robin Garrido, a Conservative councillor in nearby Salford.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Now we have another reason why the Tories delayed their manifesto launch to tomorrow .... Gove wanted to carry out his cunning wheeze (Govey giggle giggle) with the Sturgeons outside the Labour launch. Everything that man touches ... he leaves a slime trail of ego on.
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Post by AnatolyKasparov »

Even right wing hacks are admitting thru the proverbial gritted teeth that Ed was good today. I wonder if that will be reflected in tomorrow's dead tree output? :roll: :D
"IS TONTY BLAIR BEHIND THIS???!!!!111???!!!"
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

AnatolyKasparov wrote:Even right wing hacks are admitting thru the proverbial gritted teeth that Ed was good today. I wonder if that will be reflected in tomorrow's dead tree output? :roll: :D
I see D F Hodges even tweeted that Miliband had looked like he could become Prime Minister today .... and that it was now up to the country to react to that ....

only to say a few tweets later that they wouldn't conclude he could run the country.

He just can't tear himself away from that over worn position.
StephenDolan
First Secretary of State

Post by StephenDolan »

AnatolyKasparov wrote:Even right wing hacks are admitting thru the proverbial gritted teeth that Ed was good today. I wonder if that will be reflected in tomorrow's dead tree output? :roll: :D
Tomorrow the papers will be leading with the pre released Conservatives manifesto snippets. So goes my hunch.
tinybgoat
Speaker of the House

Post by tinybgoat »

rebeccariots2 wrote:Now we have another reason why the Tories delayed their manifesto launch to tomorrow .... Gove wanted to carry out his cunning wheeze (Govey giggle giggle) with the Sturgeons outside the Labour launch. Everything that man touches ... he leaves a slime trail of ego on.
Does anyone else get reminded of the masked Death Eaters in Harry Potter, or is it just me?
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

There's nothing new but they should have done it earlier seems to be the most prevalent logic-defying criticism of the manifesto.
pk1
Speaker of the House

Post by pk1 »

rebeccariots2 wrote:
Paul Waugh retweeted
Andrew has just posted this:
The intention was to meet Liberal Democrat supporters outside the St Helier hospital in Tom Brake’s constituency of Carshalton and Wallington, but Nick Clegg was instead greeted by angry protesters.

Some were there to campaign against NHS cuts and others, including Lib Dem councillor Nick Mattey, were there to protest against plans to open further waste incinerators in the area.

Clegg spoke to a small group of friendly supporters for a few minutes in a field facing the hospital, while his guards struggled to keep the demonstrators at bay.

The Lib Dem leader was then whisked into his official car and driven away, no more than five minutes after arriving.
TheGrimSqueaker
Speaker of the House

tinybgoat wrote:
rebeccariots2 wrote:Now we have another reason why the Tories delayed their manifesto launch to tomorrow .... Gove wanted to carry out his cunning wheeze (Govey giggle giggle) with the Sturgeons outside the Labour launch. Everything that man touches ... he leaves a slime trail of ego on.
Does anyone else get reminded of the masked Death Eaters in Harry Potter, or is it just me?
Nope, that thought occurred to me on the first occasion, when Miliband was actually assaulted. Does Gove realize that being so obvious with this today confirms that they have been behind them all along? I genuinely hope that initial incident is being investigated by the police, it would finish Shapps career once and for all.
Tish
Committee Member

Post by Tish »

rebeccariots2 wrote:
Paul Waugh retweeted
Isn't that just an everyday occurrence for Clegg now, wherever he goes, whoever he sees?
gilsey
Prime Minister

Post by gilsey »

PorFavor wrote:There's nothing new but they should have done it earlier seems to be the most prevalent logic-defying criticism of the manifesto.
Yeah. Labour should have been telling us about their fiscal probity sooner. Or the MSM could just have tried listening. :wall:
One world, like it or not - John Martyn
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

PorFavor wrote:There's nothing new but they should have done it earlier seems to be the most prevalent logic-defying criticism of the manifesto.
Choosing now to feature on this is a good move - for lots of reasons but also because the media have to abide by stricter rules of balance and 'impartiality' during the short campaign .... so they have to report it - and report it rather than automatically trash it.
pk1
Speaker of the House

Post by pk1 »

TheGrimSqueaker wrote: Does Gove realize that being so obvious with this today confirms that they have been behind them all along?
Exactly !

It's like the front page of today's Sun wittering about a letter by small business owners who say a Labour govt would see the world cave in (I paraphrase) but we already knew that Karren Brady was contacting them last week asking if they would agree to the letter the Cons were preparing !!

Tactical nous have they none.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

pk1 wrote:
rebeccariots2 wrote:
Paul Waugh retweeted
Andrew has just posted this:
The intention was to meet Liberal Democrat supporters outside the St Helier hospital in Tom Brake’s constituency of Carshalton and Wallington, but Nick Clegg was instead greeted by angry protesters.

Some were there to campaign against NHS cuts and others, including Lib Dem councillor Nick Mattey, were there to protest against plans to open further waste incinerators in the area.

Clegg spoke to a small group of friendly supporters for a few minutes in a field facing the hospital, while his guards struggled to keep the demonstrators at bay.

The Lib Dem leader was then whisked into his official car and driven away, no more than five minutes after arriving.
That sounds deeply embarrassing.
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

pk1 wrote:BBC

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/election-2015-32268052" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Lib Dem leader Nick Clegg claims Labour's manifesto is "not worth the paper it's written on".

The Labour Party saying they have no plans for additional borrowing is like an alcoholic who consumes a bottle of vodka every day, saying they have no plans to drink more vodka. It's a dangerous addiction and the Labour Party have no plan and no date by which to clear the decks, wipe the slate clean and deal with the deficit."
- what a ginormous f***ing t**t !!

According to Michelle Clifford from Sky, he followed it up by saying:
Labour plans indicate they would be borrowing something like £70bn & on the basis of what they have in their manifesto & neglecting to draw down the deficit, specifically putting a date on when they would erase it, the LDs would not be prepared to go into coalition with Labour
I was weakening yesterday, thinking a LabLib coalition would be my preference but the more I hear from that eejit, the more inclined I am to say that I hope Ed leads a minority govt & dare the yellow bastards (of both hues) to vote them down, hence letting the Cons back in.

Take heart. Remember, what Clegg says [and his MPs] and what he/they actually does, are two completely different things.
We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office. – Aesop
pk1
Speaker of the House

Post by pk1 »

Don't know about you but I notice billboards occasionally as I'm driving past. They are brief glimpses & it's not always clear what the message is supposed to be saying because by the time the message has been digested, traffic has moved on.

Now I know Brighton has problems with traffic jams but expecting drivers & passengers to read this poster from the Greens is surely an indication of how piss poor the council has been at dealing with traffic problems !

tinybgoat
Speaker of the House

Post by tinybgoat »

pk1 wrote:
TheGrimSqueaker wrote: Does Gove realize that being so obvious with this today confirms that they have been behind them all along?
Exactly !

It's like the front page of today's Sun wittering about a letter by small business owners who say a Labour govt would see the world cave in (I paraphrase) but we already knew that Karren Brady was contacting them last week asking if they would agree to the letter the Cons were preparing !!

Tactical nous have they none.
I think it's having too much self belief, but too little self knowledge, they're unable to perceive their own failings/limitations.
Gove is of limited emotional intelligence,
& deeply flawed but unable to see this himself, so
can't see the obvious likely outcomes of what he does, just the goal he's aiming for. Why anyone would let him anywhere near education or think he was a potential party leader is beyond me. (well it's not, but it's bad for my blood pressure, sanity & it's a waste of bandwidth)
pk1
Speaker of the House

Post by pk1 »

A new Guardian/ICM poll has produced a surprise Conservative lead of six points, taking David Cameron’s party to 39% with Labour on 33%.

While most recent polls show the race is tied or that Labour is in a slight lead, the telephone poll conducted between Friday and Sunday reports that the Conservatives have gained three points while Labour is down by two points in the last month.

ICM’s figures say that support for the Liberal Democrats is unchanged, on 8%. Ukip drops back two points to 7%, which leaves them tied for fourth place with the Green party, who are also on 7%, recovering by three points after having fallen to just 4% in March.
http://www.theguardian.com/politics/201 ... oll-labour" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Oh FFS ! :(
Discussing the result, Martin Boon, of ICM Unlimited, said: “There is inevitably random variation between different polls, which generally falls within a ‘margin of error’ of plus or minus three points. The movement we’ve recorded since the March survey is within that normal bound, albeit only just.”

Boon said the sample chosen looks “demographically sound”, but acknowledges there are signs in the raw data that this sample “could be a just touch too Tory”. In particular, there are more 2010 Conservative voters than ICM would ordinarily expect, and also more voters from the professional occupational grade.
So he acknowledges the sample is too Tory but publishes nonetheless.....*sigh*
frightful_oik
Whip

Post by frightful_oik »

pk1 wrote:
A new Guardian/ICM poll has produced a surprise Conservative lead of six points, taking David Cameron’s party to 39% with Labour on 33%.

While most recent polls show the race is tied or that Labour is in a slight lead, the telephone poll conducted between Friday and Sunday reports that the Conservatives have gained three points while Labour is down by two points in the last month.

ICM’s figures say that support for the Liberal Democrats is unchanged, on 8%. Ukip drops back two points to 7%, which leaves them tied for fourth place with the Green party, who are also on 7%, recovering by three points after having fallen to just 4% in March.
http://www.theguardian.com/politics/201 ... oll-labour" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Discussing the result, Martin Boon, of ICM Unlimited, said: “There is inevitably random variation between different polls, which generally falls within a ‘margin of error’ of plus or minus three points. The movement we’ve recorded since the March survey is within that normal bound, albeit only just.”

Boon said the sample chosen looks “demographically sound”, but acknowledges there are signs in the raw data that this sample “could be a just touch too Tory”. In particular, there are more 2010 Conservative voters than ICM would ordinarily expect, and also more voters from the professional occupational grade.
It also has UKIP on 7%. Hmmm.
TheGrimSqueaker
Speaker of the House

pk1 wrote:

Beyond parody. That tedious little tit NickyB will have a field day with this one.
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

TheGrimSqueaker wrote:
pk1 wrote:

Beyond parody. That tedious little tit NickyB will have a field day with this one.
How do you know that NickyB's little? Where's your evidence?
TheGrimSqueaker
Speaker of the House

PorFavor wrote:
TheGrimSqueaker wrote:
pk1 wrote: http://www.theguardian.com/politics/201 ... oll-labour" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

His posts read like somebody overcompensating for some serious inadequacies. ;)
Swarthlander
Committee Chair

Post by Swarthlander »

Good afternoon. :D

Got my TULO "Hell Yes" T-shirt delivered today. 8-)

It looks good, thin material so warmer weather required :P

PS: Made in Britain (sweatshop free)
Last edited by Swarthlander on Mon 13 Apr, 2015 3:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"A lack of compassion is as vulgar as an excess of tears"
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

Can't do the screen shot, but Dave had a walkabout - his first - in Berwick.
He bought some sausages, and was told by a lady in the crowd not to do name calling. He was serenaded by a bloke on a ukulele who sang that he should fuck off back to Eton.
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

TheGrimSqueaker wrote:
PorFavor wrote:
TheGrimSqueaker wrote: Beyond parody. That tedious little tit NickyB will have a field day with this one.
And that he only has one tit. I demand to see proof.
Eric_WLothian
Secretary of State

Post by Eric_WLothian »

TWELVE anti-nuclear activists have been arrested among the hundreds taking part in a blockade of Faslane navel base.
http://www.scotsman.com/news/politics/t ... -1-3743365

Presumably they couldn't find the place where the Navy hangs out. :lol:
(or perhaps the Scotsman is trying to emulate the Graun's typographical excellence)..
TheGrimSqueaker
Speaker of the House

Toby Young ‏@toadmeister · 9m9 minutes ago
ICM/Guardian poll gives Cameron a net personal approval rating of +18, highest since post-election honeymoon. Miliband is on -30
Because he has been doing such a great job of late, after all. Well, with figures that reliable I'm convinced this poll is not a rogue. :smack:
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

@ ohsocynical

Thank goodness. I was beginning to worry . . .
TheGrimSqueaker
Speaker of the House

ohsocynical wrote:
TheGrimSqueaker wrote:
PorFavor wrote: How do you know that NickyB's little? Where's your evidence?
And that he only has one tit. I demand to see proof.
That'll teach me to be polite, you wouldn't have needed to ask that if I used the word I was really thinking. :shock:
pk1
Speaker of the House

Post by pk1 »

An assortment of comments from the posters at UKPR on that ICM poll:
A fair chunk of the Tory lead in that ICM poll is due to a crazy Scottish sub-sample – SNP 44%, Con 35%, Lab 12%. Other way round for Con and Lab would be more realistic.
---
North 47% Cons, 31% Lab
And another
Male 44% Cons, 30% Lab
---
(1) 33% of 1042 people gave no voting intention – therefore MOE is closer to 4% than 3%.
(2) What collection of people did ICM find in the North of England??????
---
35% For Cons in Scotland…
The last time that the Cons had three times as many votes than Labour in Scotland was the 1900 General Election.
1955 when the Tories had more seats in Scotland than the Labour Party.
File in the garbage bin.
tinybgoat
Speaker of the House

Post by tinybgoat »

PorFavor wrote:
TheGrimSqueaker wrote:
pk1 wrote: http://www.theguardian.com/politics/201 ... oll-labour" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

He's a big fan of extrapolating things.
frightful_oik
Whip

Post by frightful_oik »

RobertSnozers wrote:
rebeccariots2 wrote:
Michael Gove Turned Up At The Labour Manifesto Launch With A Gang Of People In Nicola Sturgeon Masks
http://www.buzzfeed.com/jamieross/the-m ... rgeon-mask" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
In a Periscope interview with The Daily Telegraph’s Chris Hope, Gove claimed the masked activists were both Conservative members and “people who have been excited by our campaign”.

Intrigued, we went to speak to the activists and found they were unwilling to speak. It was quite chilling.

One, peering at BuzzFeed News through Nicola Sturgeon’s eyeholes, whispered “go away” when asked if he was a Conservative member.
Another turned their Sturgeon-covered face away from us in the hope we would leave.
One brave activist finally plucked up the courage to speak – Robin Garrido, a Conservative councillor in nearby Salford.
Buzzfeed piece subtly suggesting the 'Sturgeons' included people who might not have been Tory members/activists. Odd that they stayed silent - I can't think why unless they were actually paid to take part and weren't Tories, though it could just have been that CCHQ were so terrified that even Tory activists might depart from the script. Funny to see desperate Tories BTL trying to deny that anyone shouted Tosser at Gove, and insisting that Buzzfeed wasn't there. Presumably these are just very accurate etchings and a zoetrope rather than film and photographs.
Don't they normally use Countryside Alliance when they want some Tory yahoos?
Rebecca
Lord Chancellor

Post by Rebecca »

RobertSnozers wrote:
rebeccariots2 wrote:

Buzzfeed piece subtly suggesting the 'Sturgeons' included people who might not have been Tory members/activists. Odd that they stayed silent - I can't think why unless they were actually paid to take part and weren't Tories, though it could just have been that CCHQ were so terrified that even Tory activists might depart from the script. Funny to see desperate Tories BTL trying to deny that anyone shouted Tosser at Gove, and insisting that Buzzfeed wasn't ther

e. Presumably these are just very accurate etchings and a zoetrope rather than film and photographs.

Ha!see they stole a mask in order to infiltrate the creepy sturgeon gangs and find out who they are.