Tuesday 14th April

A home from home
Forum rules
Welcome to FTN. New posters are welcome to join the conversation. You can follow us on Twitter @FlythenestHaven You are responsible for the content you post. This is a public forum. Treat it as if you are speaking in a crowded room. Site admin and Moderators are volunteers who will respond as quickly as they are able to when made aware of any complaints. Please do not post copyrighted material without the original authors permission.
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Re: Tuesday 14th April

Post by ohsocynical »

Extending Right to Buy to housing associations and other distractions

But now, coming into sight from right field, is a genuinely stupid idea.

My first instinct was to ignore this idea as being just too bonkers to have any traction

Of all the daft ideas I’ve heard in a career in housing, this is the daftest.

http://www.housing.org.uk/media/blog/ex ... tractions/
What makes you think this bloke doesn't like it? :lol:
We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office. – Aesop
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

onebuttonmonkey wrote:Again, here's something from the other place that I typed out furiously with you in mind.

So let’s look at the Tory attitude to housing, and to standing up for ordinary people.

1) If you’re a charity and are trying to provide some affordable housing for people priced out of renting and buying, then you’re clearly a selfish organisation standing in the way of opportunity. The Tories are bravely standing up to these terrible house-providing charities by compelling them to sell their assets at a loss. How dare people be robbed of the democratic opportunity to die, homeless, of pneumonia while sleeping on the streets!

2) As Right to Buy delivers an inevitable reduction in housing stock (because selling at a democratic loss means the nasty charities will be too selfish to then build at cost, the Trotskies) prices and rents will get even higher. This generous and laudatory capitalist principle will then rightly price out even more people who will then need housing benefit (which will be capped if you’re young) thus raising the already enormous housing benefit bill. Which is exactly the right initiative we need to use to blame more poor people for creating the housing price bubble, and – in the name of social justice - compel even 50 year olds to go back and live in a hovel with their parents.

3) Fortunately, this also means that the Tories are bravely standing up to the powerful group of… erm… poor people who for too long have had all the power in this country and who destroyed the economy, not like the virtuous bankers, who worked so hard they must be good people. And that’s why Cameron should be applauded for finally ignoring their vested interests and instead supporting poor put upon millionaire absentee landlords – like some 33% of their own MPs. It’s landlords who always struggle to get by, isn’t it, unlike those selfish tenants, whose inability to be able to afford a house is proof of their moral laxity.

4) And that's why compelling even more people to work without pay is the only way to help them get a roof over their heads. The perspicacity of IDS is matched only by his quite literally unstarting reservoirs of compassion.

5) Compassionate Conservatives will, however, make sure that millionaires with property portfolios, non-dom mansion owners and the like are exempted from having to pay any tax either on their assets – which they should be under no obligation to pay because fairness or something – or on the sale of these properties if they can get Stamp Duty rises through.

6) More importantly even than that, no matter how many houses they have, there’s no reason that a rich person’s money should be forced to live in the same country for tax purposes as the person themself lives. Expecting people who have lived here for years to pay tax here is communism and it’s brave of Cameron to recognise that only by removing all obligations from people in the same social set as you can poor people have the hope and the opportunity to succeed in whatever slum you’ve left them.

7) And never mind if you work your whole life on poverty wages never being able to afford to buy a house. The important thing is the Tories are bravely standing up for the right of £2m-property owners to pass on their assets entirely untaxed in the form of an inheritance. Because work pays, especially when it’s someone else’s work and you don’t have to pay any tax on all the money you earned by nothing more than being born to a well off family.

Well, I have to say, it’s true. The Tories really are the party of ordinary people*. I mean, just look at all these measures putting ordinary people first. There isn’t anyone who could look at their manifesto and conclude every single measure here is designed exclusively to benefit the already well off, is there?

*caution: what's ordinary to them is not equal to what's ordinary to you. This is your fault, not theirs, obviously.

Edit: added another scornful line about the property bubble.

Pinched some of your one liners, and Tweeted them under the FTN Twitter a/c. Hope you don't mind.
TheGrimSqueaker
Speaker of the House

Post by TheGrimSqueaker »

Theresa May not having a great day. First John Humphreys doesn't play ball, and then Piers Morgan has a go at her.
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/peopl ... .html?dkdk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

@danesclose, me too. Could explain why we don't understand Osbornomics, he is working in Base Eleventy Twelve.
COWER BRIEF MORTALS. HO. HO. HO.
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Post by AnatolyKasparov »

ohsocynical wrote:New #GE2015 forecast, after 5 national polls in 24hrs & new #Ashcroft polls.

Lab—274
Con—270

http://May2015.com/category/seat-calculator" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; …
Let's not forget the Labour advantage there would be significantly bigger without that piece of nonsense from ICM.......
"IS TONTY BLAIR BEHIND THIS???!!!!111???!!!"
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

AnatolyKasparov wrote:
ohsocynical wrote:New #GE2015 forecast, after 5 national polls in 24hrs & new #Ashcroft polls.

Lab—274
Con—270

http://May2015.com/category/seat-calculator" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; …
Let's not forget the Labour advantage there would be significantly bigger without that piece of nonsense from ICM.......
I think David Cameron sets great store by that poll!
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

Emma Reynolds on the BBC on the housing right to buy issue. Actually, I wasn't overly impressed.
utopiandreams
Speaker of the House

Post by utopiandreams »

citizenJA wrote:
RogerOThornhill wrote:Bloody hell, we've got both the lie about rail investment being the most since Victorian times and this...
Labour’s Great Recession weakened Britain on the world stage. They left a £38 billion black hole in the defence budget,
:fire: :toss:
So just out & out full bore lying.
Game over.
Impossible.
Don't what area you're in, гражданка, but Mark Pritchard was on the local Midlands bit of Sunday Politics repeating that Labour stopped inquiries into Stafford Hospital. At least he didn't do a Cameron and repeat the drinking from vases myth, but was shut up by his opposite number. The trouble is many viewers will just accept it.
I would close my eyes if I couldn't dream.
utopiandreams
Speaker of the House

Post by utopiandreams »

citizenJA wrote:
utopiandreams wrote:News Flash: Theresa May has awarded a shoe-shopping trip valued at £17,500 to Natalie Elphicke for services to the Tory Party.

Posted earlier under AS at the G, but see that ohsocynical has made it topical here too.
You're not kidding me are you?
Of course I am, гражданка. It took some researching though, I didn't know what to value the award at nor did I know Natalie's name at the time.
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

Post by RogerOThornhill »

Apparently the government now organises sporting events!
We will deliver the Rugby World Cup in 2015, the World Athletics Championship in 2017, IPC World Championships in 2017 and the Cricket World Cup in 2019, maximising the opportunities for tourism and jobs.
Aren't they just great? And there was me thinking that the governing bodies of those sports organised those...and all the time it was the government...
If I'm not here, then I'll be in the library. Or the other library.
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

Analysis How old is David Cameron? We answer the most Googled queries about the party leaders (Guardian)
Yes. I often wonder about that. Especially during PMQs
TheGrimSqueaker
Speaker of the House

RobertSnozers wrote:
RogerOThornhill wrote:Check this little one out that's just been spotted.
We will complete the electoral register, by working to include more of the five million Britons who live abroad. We will introduce votes for life, scrapping the rule that bars British citizens who have lived abroad for more than 15 years from voting.
Bollocks to that - if you've emigrated 15 years or more ago, you made a choice that you don't want to be part of this country.
Little winds me up more than expats sniping from their foreign tax haven. Funny how they're all Tories, isn't it?
I've got a few expat friends living out in Spain, they have nothing but contempt for the Daily Mail reading, "the locals are making no attempt to learn English" mob, the ones clearly uppermost in Cameron's mind with this policy.
WelshIan
Committee Member

Post by WelshIan »

RogerOThornhill wrote:Apparently the government now organises sporting events!
We will deliver the Rugby World Cup in 2015, the World Athletics Championship in 2017, IPC World Championships in 2017 and the Cricket World Cup in 2019, maximising the opportunities for tourism and jobs.
Aren't they just great? And there was me thinking that the governing bodies of those sports organised those...and all the time it was the government...
Those events will happen whoever is in government. I don't understand why they would appear in a manifesto? That's just stupid.
onebuttonmonkey
Committee Chair

Post by onebuttonmonkey »

ohsocynical wrote:
Pinched some of your one liners, and Tweeted them under the FTN Twitter a/c. Hope you don't mind.
Of course I don't mind. Anything that helps add to the noise of incredulity around the nonsense announced today is fine by me. (In fact, given the topic of today's Tory guffdump, has there ever been a more appropriate recent time to say "property is theft"?)
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

I return to my dis-satisfction with the Emma Reynolds interview. Did anyone else see it? I appreciate that the Conservatives' uncostedness(?) of their proposals definitely has to be attacked. But she was like a speak-your-weight machine. A Rachel Reeves type presentation. There was no talk of principles. It was completely balance-sheet stuff.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

utopiandreams wrote:Anyone seeing Liz Truss being trounced by Andrew Neil over house figures? Her only source of information was Eric Pickles; Andrew asked that he come and answer his questions then.
She's just been trounced on WATO as well. I heard her being touted as a possible future leader of the Conservatives the other day .... just how bad can the rest of them be if someone thinks Truss is leadership material? (no need to answer). She was clearly unable to properly justify the Right To Steal from Housing Associations policy - no answer at all when she was asked if they had taken note of the number of council property sales last year in their figures ... a pathetic 400 which isn't going to raise anything like enough dosh to cover their giveaways. And she was totally pathetic when asked if she considered Ed Miliband had stabbed his brother in the back ... how many times can they trot out the danger this poses if he is in any way responsible for Trident (??????) - they are just embarrassing themselves multiple times over.
Working on the wild side.
yahyah
Prime Minister

Post by yahyah »

PorFavor wrote:Emma Reynolds on the BBC on the housing right to buy issue. Actually, I wasn't overly impressed.

Is she the youngish woman with a long blonde bob ?

Saw her at lunchtime, she seemed to empathise Labour supported existing right to buy, while here in Wales it is a 2016 committment for Labour to scrap it. At least no one can accuse WeLsh Labour of being under the thumb of the Westminster party.

& have had good news.
Our car ready for collection, passed it's MOT and the bill for the weeks of gasket repair, service & MOT was less than they originally thought, a mere snip at £712.
Which means Labour can have another donation as I'd set aside more in case it crept upward.

& RR2 - are you going to the opening of Cardigan castle ?
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

utopiandreams wrote:
citizenJA wrote:
RogerOThornhill wrote:Bloody hell, we've got both the lie about rail investment being the most since Victorian times and this...
:fire: :toss:
So just out & out full bore lying.
Game over.
Impossible.
Don't what area you're in, гражданка, but Mark Pritchard was on the local Midlands bit of Sunday Politics repeating that Labour stopped inquiries into Stafford Hospital. At least he didn't do a Cameron and repeat the drinking from vases myth, but was shut up by his opposite number. The trouble is many viewers will just accept it.
My friend Utopiandreams, the person you're referring to, Mark Pritchard, sometimes Tory MP, maybe sometimes some other party candidate? finds himself in the s*** with alarming frequency. It's the doggonest thing...If the mean is 0 and the standard deviation is 1, the distribution is referred to as the "standard normal distribution." Mark Pritchard lands outside the bell. A lot. Unlucky fellow, you know? I hope his future is boring.
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

@ yahyah

Yes - that's the one. All "value" and no "values". Ed Miliband has managed the knack of combining the two. Perhaps he should hold some training courses for his MPs.

Good to hear about the car. Thanks for the update. Happy motoring! (And don't go keeping rebeccariots2 awake at night, either, by revving up near her home in the middle of the night!)
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

WelshIan wrote:
Those events will happen whoever is in government. I don't understand why they would appear in a manifesto? That's just stupid.
Perhaps the manifesto was a bit thin and they needed to pad it out. And Tories have never been backwards in coming forwards to take the claim.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Ian Collins retweeted
Chris Gibson ‏@ChrisGibsonNews 1h1 hour ago
I suspect Michael Gove may have misheard me or has seriously gone off message

"Too late to win the election?"
"Yes"
:lol:
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Green Vision for 2019.jpg
Green Vision for 2019.jpg (60.35 KiB) Viewed 9766 times
Robert Hutton retweeted
Matthew Holehouse ‏@mattholehouse 1h1 hour ago
Green manifesto postscript: life in 2019, when children giggle and the not-for-profit electric buses run on time
I hope the Green manifesto had a vision for something other than the metropolitan lifestyle this seems to reflect ... very little I can relate to in it.
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

It's occurred to me -I haven't seen much\any evidence of Iain Smith during this campaign. Are they hiding him or have I just been lucky?
utopiandreams
Speaker of the House

Post by utopiandreams »

citizenJA wrote:My friend Utopiandreams, the person you're referring to, Mark Pritchard, sometimes Tory MP, maybe sometimes some other party candidate? finds himself in the s*** with alarming frequency. It's the doggonest thing...If the mean is 0 and the standard deviation is 1, the distribution is referred to as the "standard normal distribution." Mark Pritchard lands outside the bell. A lot. Unlucky fellow, you know? I hope his future is boring.
Don't know anything about him to be honest, citizenJA, other than his being Tory MP for The Wrekin, which I believe is in Shropshire.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Paul Waugh ‏@paulwaugh 1h1 hour ago
Frank Field, Labour champion of Right to Buy council hsng, writes for @politicshome on new Tory plan:"I cannot support this half-baked idea"
I thought I saw someone posting earlier that Frank Field was supporting this ... have I hallucinated that?
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Rob Merrick ‏@Rob_Merrick 2h2 hours ago
Inside Housing says Right to Buy will "require every local authority to sell off one third of their stock" (not just most expensive) #wato
I think I must have missed that particular bit of damning ... was mowing a lawn at the time. This is one of those policies that shows just how desperate and stupid the Tories are. Pasty tax to the billioneth power.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Paul Waugh ‏@paulwaugh 2m2 minutes ago
And here’s that piece for us by Frank Field: Cameron’s new Right to Buy is ‘fantasy’ | http://polho.me/1Oa7kza" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
utopiandreams
Speaker of the House

Post by utopiandreams »

PorFavor wrote:It's occurred to me -I haven't seen much\any evidence of Iain Smith during this campaign. Are they hiding him or have I just been lucky?
Give it time, PorFavor, there are still 22 days to go. At current attrition rates Dave will have to call on John Bercow to tour the television studios.
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

PorFavor wrote:I return to my dis-satisfction with the Emma Reynolds interview. Did anyone else see it? I appreciate that the Conservatives' uncostedness(?) of their proposals definitely has to be attacked. But she was like a speak-your-weight machine. A Rachel Reeves type presentation. There was no talk of principles. It was completely balance-sheet stuff.
I went searching for it, PorFavor, the Reynolds interview. I haven't found that interview yet. If you could post a link for it, I'd very much like to see it because it's important. I stumbled into a Dave interview linked below. I liked the person interviewing him but ultimately, he just let Dave talk. The body language on that interviewer is priceless, in my humble opinion. Scroll down until you get past this Dave quip here...
He will call on voters "not to waste the past five years".

It's an eight minute interview that leaves no Tory cliché' unsaid by the soon to-be-not-the Prime Minister.

http://news.sky.com/story/1464321/torie ... -manifesto" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

If anyone can tell me who the interviewer is in that segment, I'd appreciate it. I don't watch too much media. Dave talks just like my dad used to. Confident & full of himself. I'm sorry, Dad, you're a nicer man but it's disconcerting how alike in mannerisms you two are.
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

utopiandreams wrote:
citizenJA wrote:My friend Utopiandreams, the person you're referring to, Mark Pritchard, sometimes Tory MP, maybe sometimes some other party candidate? finds himself in the s*** with alarming frequency. It's the doggonest thing...If the mean is 0 and the standard deviation is 1, the distribution is referred to as the "standard normal distribution." Mark Pritchard lands outside the bell. A lot. Unlucky fellow, you know? I hope his future is boring.
Don't know anything about him to be honest, citizenJA, other than his being Tory MP for The Wrekin, which I believe is in Shropshire.
Yep. I didn't know too much either. What little I found out led me to a series of misfortunes befalling the Tory sonofabiscuit...some people are just too unlucky.
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

PorFavor wrote:It's occurred to me -I haven't seen much\any evidence of Iain Smith during this campaign. Are they hiding him or have I just been lucky?
You & I both.
There's another unfortunate Tory sonofabiscuit tripping over his feet making others fall down.
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

rebeccariots2 wrote:
Paul Waugh ‏@paulwaugh 1h1 hour ago
Frank Field, Labour champion of Right to Buy council hsng, writes for @politicshome on new Tory plan:"I cannot support this half-baked idea"
I thought I saw someone posting earlier that Frank Field was supporting this ... have I hallucinated that?
@ No - you're ok. 'Twas I!
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

rebeccariots2 wrote:
Robert Hutton retweeted
Green manifesto postscript: life in 2019, when children giggle and the not-for-profit electric buses run on time
I hope the Green manifesto had a vision for something other than the metropolitan lifestyle this seems to reflect ... very little I can relate to in it.
Magnificent!
Would the Green party be upset if, say, the Labour party, used those excellent policies? Properly attributed, of course? Dang it! Why do we need to use party affiliation? Because we need some kind of organisational order. It doesn't have to be so adversarial. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

citizenJA wrote:
PorFavor wrote:I return to my dis-satisfction with the Emma Reynolds interview. Did anyone else see it? I appreciate that the Conservatives' uncostedness(?) of their proposals definitely has to be attacked. But she was like a speak-your-weight machine. A Rachel Reeves type presentation. There was no talk of principles. It was completely balance-sheet stuff.
I went searching for it, PorFavor, the Reynolds interview. I haven't found that interview yet. If you could post a link for it, I'd very much like to see it because it's important. I stumbled into a Dave interview linked below. I liked the person interviewing him but ultimately, he just let Dave talk. The body language on that interviewer is priceless, in my humble opinion. Scroll down until you get past this Dave quip here...

It's an eight minute interview that leaves no Tory cliché' unsaid by the soon to-be-not-the Prime Minister.

http://news.sky.com/story/1464321/torie ... -manifesto" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

If anyone can tell me who the interviewer is in that segment, I'd appreciate it. I don't watch too much media. Dave talks just like my dad used to. Confident & full of himself. I'm sorry, Dad, you're a nicer man but it's disconcerting how alike in mannerisms you two are.

I see (well, hear, since I sit with my back to the TV) it on the TV (BBC News Channel) so that's not much help, I'm afraid. You might be able to catch it on the BBC i-Player thing. If I come across anything useful, I'll let you know.
ErnstRemarx
Secretary of State

Post by ErnstRemarx »

FuriousGeorge wrote:Did the tories remove the requirement on developers to build a certain % of affordable homes on new builds? Seem to remember something about that somewhere.
Yes, the bastards. About as crooked as it comes, given the Tories are supported by the big housebuilders who stand to profit massively from the changes. Ordinary people will get sdcrewed over, of course, but when did the Tories ever give a fuck for them?
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

@ rebeccariots2

I misunderstood Frank Field's position. I think there might have been a bit of a "Tweet" missing when I read it. Apologies (particularly to Frank Field).
Rebecca
Lord Chancellor

Post by Rebecca »

rebeccariots2 wrote:
Robert Hutton retweeted
Sounds like a bloody fairy tale.
And children starting school age 7?Mine couldn't wait until they were 5!
In fact,my boy was at school part time at 4,for a gentle lead up to all day.He was so cross one day at being 'forced' to go home at midday he rang the fire brigade and told them he was trapped in the house.
TheGrimSqueaker
Speaker of the House

rebeccariots2 wrote:
Robert Hutton retweeted
And very little that isn't also in the Labour Manifesto, which has so much more and is fully costed. I get that I'm partisan, but if you say you are different or better BE different or better, don't just claim it and attack others making the same offering as you.
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

WelshIan wrote:
I don't normally watch moving media but just caught an eight minute Dave Cameron interview by a very straightforward interviewer I don't know. Dave's arrogance, his grandioseness, is disturbing. Wait - Dave - you can't promise that because it's not in your power to make it so. There's the last five years on record too, Dave. Dave thinks the last five years have been fabulous.
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

Rebecca wrote:
rebeccariots2 wrote:
Robert Hutton retweeted
In fact,my boy was at school part time at 4,for a gentle lead up to all day.He was so cross one day at being 'forced' to go home at midday he rang the fire brigade and told them he was trapped in the house.
I confess I became rhapsodic over the quiet public transportation system run not-for-profit.
ErnstRemarx
Secretary of State

Post by ErnstRemarx »

citizenJA wrote:
FuriousGeorge wrote:Did the tories remove the requirement on developers to build a certain % of affordable homes on new builds? Seem to remember something about that somewhere.
Yep, FuriousGeorge, you're absolutely correct. I'm still looking for the Tory manifesto, by the way.
22 April 2014
The leadership of Milton Keynes has said the decision to water down the affordable homes requirement for developers has ‘swung the balance much too far in favour of the developers’.

The deputy leader of a Conservative council attacked the government for ‘storing up problems for the future’ by allowing developers to scrap affordable homes to protect profits.

Council figures show the town will build 500 fewer affordable homes over the next five years because of the amendments 12 months ago to planning laws. An example given by the council was the re-submission of a development, which was scheduled to have 63 affordable homes, with no affordable homes on the grounds of profitability.

Emma Reynolds, shadow housing minister, said to the Guardian: ‘There is a massive shortage of affordable homes across the country. Now even leading Tory councillors are attacking their own government for their failed housing policies.’

The news comes after the planning minister admitted the government will not set an affordable housing target for its new wave of garden cities and instead planning decisions will be ‘locally-led’ with the decision over the number of affordable homes falling to councils.

Local authorities’ power to demand affordable housing in developments was significantly weakened by the introduction of ‘viability testing’ which allows developers to reduce or remove affordable homes if it would make the scheme unprofitable.

http://www.insidehousing.co.uk/governme ... 33.article" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
As a member of the local Planning Committee, I can tell you that this is a significant kick in the teeth people looking to buy 'affordable' housing (it's still stupidly expensive). All it does is to allow developers to tell planning departments to fuck off, and that they'll not build because of projections (usually tailored) regarding return on investment. We used to have wiggle room, and developers generally came to an accommodation. Now there is no reason for them to do so, so people wanting to buy are screwed over, and thanks to the malign nature of the Tories towards social housing, their latest wheeze will sent availability plummet and rents go through the fucking roof. I hate those bastards with a passion; malign, stupid, venal, inefficient, self entitled, verminous, thoughtless, brainless, contemptible, spineless, immoral and utterly, utterly wrong.

Let's hope their latest bribe blows up in their faces.
AngryAsWell
Prime Minister

Post by AngryAsWell »

Extending the right to buy is economically illiterate and morally wrong
At a time of housing crisis, when 1.8 million families languish on council waiting lists, how can David Cameron justify a massive £5.8 billion sell-off?
Telegraph

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politic ... wrong.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Rebecca
Lord Chancellor

Post by Rebecca »

citizenJA wrote:
Rebecca wrote:
rebeccariots2 wrote:
I confess I became rhapsodic over the quiet public transportation system run not-for-profit.
Never going to happen though,especially by 2019?I know reality can be boring,but it is what it is.
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

rebeccariots2 wrote:
Robert Hutton retweeted
A clever idea...Different and I like different.

Sorry if I sound picky now. I appreciate they've put a lot of thought into their manifesto, but as a vote catcher does it have wide enough appeal?
Rebecca
Lord Chancellor

Post by Rebecca »

Have just realised what that green dream reminds me of,Barney the purple dinosaur.
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

PorFavor wrote:@ rebeccariots2

I misunderstood Frank Field's position. I think there might have been a bit of a "Tweet" missing when I read it. Apologies (particularly to Frank Field).
It's not your fault - Field's is in favour of a right-to-buy scheme, PF, of some kind, but it's not the thing hauled out today. He co-authored the document with David Davis in 2012 - RIGHT TO BUY 2.0

I've only read enough to know it's not what the Tories have in mind at all. I think it's worth a perusal though I'm comfortable with secure, affordable, ecologically efficient tenure. I'm okay with being a lifelong renter.
http://www.ippr.org/assets/media/images ... 2_8423.pdf
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

Rebecca wrote:Have just realised what that green dream reminds me of,Barney the purple dinosaur.
I loved him too. A few years later, my daughter was wearing Spice Girls t-shirts & singing along.
pk1
Speaker of the House

Post by pk1 »

citizenJA wrote: I stumbled into a Dave interview linked below. I liked the person interviewing him but ultimately, he just let Dave talk. The body language on that interviewer is priceless, in my humble opinion. Scroll down until you get past this Dave quip here...

It's Eamonn Holmes.
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

I'm Labour, Rebecca, never fear.
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

Priti Patel on the BBC - flogged-off housing will be replaced "like for like". Really? So what's the point in selling off the original ones? Arrant rubbish. They just say the first thing that comes into their heads.
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

pk1 wrote:
citizenJA wrote: I stumbled into a Dave interview linked below. I liked the person interviewing him but ultimately, he just let Dave talk. The body language on that interviewer is priceless, in my humble opinion. Scroll down until you get past this Dave quip here...

It's Eamonn Holmes.
Oh, dear. I think he's rather a flamboyant person? That didn't occur to me during the eight minute interview.