Tuesday 21st April 2015

A home from home
Forum rules
Welcome to FTN. New posters are welcome to join the conversation. You can follow us on Twitter @FlythenestHaven You are responsible for the content you post. This is a public forum. Treat it as if you are speaking in a crowded room. Site admin and Moderators are volunteers who will respond as quickly as they are able to when made aware of any complaints. Please do not post copyrighted material without the original authors permission.
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Re: Tuesday 21st April 2015

Post by PorFavor »

StephenDolan wrote:Postal vote waiting here to be filled in. Haven't decided who to vote for yet. :wink:

I just closed my eyes and stuck a pin in mine.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

PorFavor wrote:
StephenDolan wrote:Postal vote waiting here to be filled in. Haven't decided who to vote for yet. :wink:

Did you skewer Mike Hancock?
Working on the wild side.
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

Rachel Reeves ‏@RachelReevesMP 1 min1 minute ago

Incredible. Tonight's @BBCNewsnight welfare debate has just been cancelled because the Tories pulled out at the last minute
We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office. – Aesop
Hobiejoe
Minister of State

Post by Hobiejoe »

rebeccariots2 wrote:
PorFavor wrote:

You'd get a prick either way.
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

rebeccariots2 wrote:
PorFavor wrote:

Ha! I don't live in his constituency any more - I moved a couple of miles up the road and I'm now in the frozen north where Penny Mordaunt is the MP.
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

ohsocynical wrote:Rachel Reeves ‏@RachelReevesMP 1 min1 minute ago

Incredible. Tonight's @BBCNewsnight welfare debate has just been cancelled because the Tories pulled out at the last minute
I'm saying nothing. But I've now got "I've Got Rythym" playing in my head.
AngryAsWell
Prime Minister

Post by AngryAsWell »

NHS to 'extend rationing' of healthcare in bid to balance books
Survey of clinical commissioning group bosses reveals that smokers and obese people will be among those who could be denied surgery and other treatment

http://www.theguardian.com/society/2015 ... ance-books" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

POR FAVOR!
:shock:
LET'S FACE IT I'M JUST 'KIN' SEETHIN'
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Rachel Reeves ‏@RachelReevesMP 14m14 minutes ago
Incredible. Tonight's @BBCNewsnight welfare debate has just been cancelled because the Tories pulled out at the last minute.

Rachel Reeves ‏@RachelReevesMP 12m12 minutes ago
So tonight's debate is cancelled because the Tories pulled out @BBCNewsnight - Running scared of their record on welfare?

Rachel Reeves ‏@RachelReevesMP 12m12 minutes ago
Did the Tories refuse to go on @BBCNewsnight welfare debate to avoid questions about who'll be hit by their plan to cut £12bn from welfare?

Rachel Reeves ‏@RachelReevesMP 4m4 minutes ago
Did the Tories refuse to go on @BBCNewsnight welfare debate to avoid questions about the 600% rise in ppl using food banks since 2010?

Rachel Reeves ‏@RachelReevesMP 54s54 seconds ago
Did Tories refuse to go on @BBCNewsnight welfare debate to avoid questions about their cruel and unfair Bedroom Tax?
That's a bit more like it Rachel.
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

Who was\were meant to be the Conservative participant\s - do you know? This should be shouted from the rooftops. All they want to talk about is Scotland - but their abject failure in all other areas should be highlighted. I wonder how Newsnight will present this development.

Edited to add \were
Last edited by PorFavor on Tue 21 Apr, 2015 9:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

Arif Ansari ‏@ArifBBC 3 hrs3 hours ago

Almost half a million people registered to vote yesterday. 2.3m registered online from mid-March.
So it looks as if we have a final figure for the registration drive.
TechnicalEphemera
Speaker of the House

Post by TechnicalEphemera »

PorFavor wrote:

Who was meant to be the Conservative participant\s - do you know? This should be shouted from the rooftops. All they want to talk about is Scotland - but their abject failure in all other areas should be highlighted. I wonder how Newsnight will present this development.
Talk about Scotland of course, because they are Tory lap dogs.
Release the Guardvarks.
frightful_oik
Whip

Post by frightful_oik »

If it's exciting the yougov is probably an outlier.
Shake your chains to earth like dew
Which in sleep had fallen on you-
Ye are many - they are few."
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

PorFavor wrote:

Who was meant to be the Conservative participant\s - do you know? This should be shouted from the rooftops. All they want to talk about is Scotland - but their abject failure in all other areas should be highlighted. I wonder how Newsnight will present this development.

She doesn't say in her Tweets.
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

I keep wanting to swear.
rearofthestore
Committee Member

Post by rearofthestore »

frightful_oik wrote:If it's exciting the yougov is probably an outlier.
Absolutely right.
Funny how YouGov polls only tend to be 'exciting' (in the eyes of the Sun) if they show a Tory lead!
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

Post by RogerOThornhill »

PorFavor wrote:

Yes, it's a frightening thought that they could win despite people not actually having been told exactly what they're doing.

"Just keep talking about Scotland and chaos" seems to be the message going out.
If I'm not here, then I'll be in the library. Or the other library.
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

tinyclanger2 wrote:I keep wanting to swear.
I don't expect anyone here will mind. Go ahead if it will make you feel better.
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

It's been a hard, long day, comrades.
I love you.
I'll read you all again soon.
cJA
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

@ citizenJA

Goodnight!
fedup59
Committee Member

Post by fedup59 »

:D I've decided to ignore the polls completely until the last week on the basis that the polling companies will then start to think about reputational dangers of being too far off base.

Thanks for the caffeine deprivation advice. Luckily Mr fedup found a pound, bought a scratch card and won a tenner so I'll save the info for next month! :D

For some reason 'I've' turned into inverurie so I changed it. First time using tablet to post and predictive text combined with fat fingers is my excuse.
Last edited by fedup59 on Tue 21 Apr, 2015 9:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Philip Thomas 21st Apr '15 - 4:50pm
Ok, I was hoping there might be a useful swap you could make but unless there is a rare Green out there in one of our seats who is prepared to vote LD in return for you voting Green (as they are supposedly prepared to do for Labour supporters in safe seats), you’re out of look.
Good whatever ... I had no idea we had 'pairing' schemes operating in this election. Anyone heard about this?

from BTL on LDV btw. http://www.libdemvoice.org/sal-brinton- ... 45568.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
AngryAsWell
Prime Minister

Post by AngryAsWell »

Solomon Curtis @Solomon_Curtis
· 24s 24 seconds ago
Were you at the hustings tonight! I believe I can win in Wealden - are you with me?

Solomon Curtis
‏@Solomon_Curtis People cheering - beeping their horns - wanting change in Wealden #solomon4wealden

Sounds like he's having fun and is confident, don't know what majority he needs to overturn tho :)

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
AngryAsWell
Prime Minister

Post by AngryAsWell »

AngryAsWell wrote:Solomon Curtis @Solomon_Curtis
· 24s 24 seconds ago
Were you at the hustings tonight! I believe I can win in Wealden - are you with me?

Solomon Curtis
‏@Solomon_Curtis People cheering - beeping their horns - wanting change in Wealden #solomon4wealden

Sounds like he's having fun and is confident, don't know what majority he needs to overturn tho :)

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Maybe a tad over confident ?
He was re-elected to parliament at the 2001 general election for the East Sussex seat of Wealden following the retirement of the veteran Conservative MP Geoffrey Johnson Smith. Hendry won with a majority of 13,772 and has remained the MP there since.
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

rebeccariots2 wrote:
Ok, I was hoping there might be a useful swap you could make but unless there is a rare Green out there in one of our seats who is prepared to vote LD in return for you voting Green (as they are supposedly prepared to do for Labour supporters in safe seats), you’re out of look.
Good whatever ... I had no idea we had 'pairing' schemes operating in this election. Anyone heard about this?

from BTL on LDV btw. http://www.libdemvoice.org/sal-brinton- ... 45568.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I don't think that's approved. A Tweet earlier said about tactical voting and the reply was instant dismissal from the party...I can't find the Tweet because I get literally thousands in a day.
AngryAsWell
Prime Minister

Post by AngryAsWell »

Mark Ferguson @Markfergusonuk
· 1h 1 hour ago
Thanks to #milifandom I’m getting RTs just for posting Ed Miliband photos. Wish I’d known I could’ve started in 2010

Is anyone following the #milifandom hashtag? It's gone crazy for Ed - not sure if its good or bad - I'm totally confused :?
rearofthestore
Committee Member

Post by rearofthestore »

Just to cheer everybody up.
Andrew Neil ‏@afneil 5m5 minutes ago
Spoke to major Tory donor tonight. "Tory campaign useless. Cameron's heart not in it. Not looking good".
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Andrew Neil ‏@afneil 7m7 minutes ago
Spoke to major Tory donor tonight. "Tory campaign useless. Cameron's heart not in it. Not looking good".

Angela Eagle retweeted
Tim Montgomerie ن ‏@montie 6m6 minutes ago
@afneil DC has wanted out for a while. He has just wanted to go out on some sort of high and hasn't been able to find that high.
Cripes.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Sorry rearofthestore. We seem to be in the same news space yet again ... not deliberately copying you, honest.
rearofthestore
Committee Member

Post by rearofthestore »

rebeccariots2 wrote:Sorry rearofthestore. We seem to be in the same news space yet again ... not deliberately copying you, honest.
I believe you. Honest I do.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

ohsocynical wrote:
rebeccariots2 wrote:

I don't think that's approved. A Tweet earlier said about tactical voting and the reply was instant dismissal from the party...I can't find the Tweet because I get literally thousands in a day.
I'm sure it wouldn't be approved. Just wondered if anyone had heard of this going on - under the counter, informally like.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

emily m ‏@maitlis 8m8 minutes ago
We invited the political parties to join us but the Conservatives were unable to find anyone to speak on their welfare record. #newsnight
Try Nick Clegg Emily ... he might be really keen to do it.
AngryAsWell
Prime Minister

Post by AngryAsWell »

AngryAsWell wrote:Mark Ferguson @Markfergusonuk
· 1h 1 hour ago
Thanks to #milifandom I’m getting RTs just for posting Ed Miliband photos. Wish I’d known I could’ve started in 2010

Is anyone following the #milifandom hashtag? It's gone crazy for Ed - not sure if its good or bad - I'm totally confused :?
Link to the #milifandom page
https://twitter.com/hashtag/milifandom?src=hash&lang=en" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Rebecca
Lord Chancellor

Post by Rebecca »

rebeccariots2 wrote:

Angela Eagle retweeted
@afneil DC has wanted out for a while. He has just wanted to go out on some sort of high and hasn't been able to find that high.
Cripes.
Thought you might like to know that my cat just thanked you for the post!Didn't know she is into politics.
gilsey
Prime Minister

Post by gilsey »

· 1h 1 hour ago

Explanation here. http://www.buzzfeed.com/hannahjewell/th ... .euw04xkKg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Required reading for anyone feeling depressed. :D
One world, like it or not - John Martyn
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Rebecca wrote:
rebeccariots2 wrote:

Angela Eagle retweeted
Cripes.
Thought you might like to know that my cat just thanked you for the post!Didn't know she is into politics.
They're little .......ers, aren't they? My smallest varmint is squirming around on the desk as I type, smearing wet chops all over my mouse hand and turning caps lock on and off, on and off ...
Spacedone
Whip

Post by Spacedone »

PorFavor wrote:

I'm saying nothing. But I've now got "I've Got Rythym" playing in my head.
Oh thanks for going there. Now I've got Alan Clark in my head.
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

I like Ed for being so uncool he's cool. It's something I can aspire to.
Spacedone
Whip

Post by Spacedone »

gilsey wrote:
· 1h 1 hour ago

Explanation here. http://www.buzzfeed.com/hannahjewell/th ... .euw04xkKg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

That's almost as funny as #cooledmiliband
TechnicalEphemera
Speaker of the House

gilsey wrote:
· 1h 1 hour ago

Only teenage girls could create that; I wonder if everything really is fluffy and pink on their planet? I am now somewhat cheered up.

They are of course all slightly nuts.
Release the Guardvarks.
LadyCentauria
Speaker of the House
Location: Set within 3,500 acres of leafy public land in SW London

Post by LadyCentauria »

Who were they going to send? Grant V Shapps? Or the soon-to-be-unseated McVey?
This time, I'm gonna be stronger I'm not giving in...
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Just seen a tweet that Tories are on 38% on tonight's YouGov.
TechnicalEphemera
Speaker of the House

rebeccariots2 wrote:Just seen a tweet that Tories are on 38% on tonight's YouGov.
Bollocks, but seems slightly unlikely. I guess we need to see the tables.
Release the Guardvarks.
frightful_oik
Whip

Post by frightful_oik »

YouGov:
CON – 35% (+1)
LAB – 34% (-1)
UKIP – 13% (-)
LDEM – 7% (-)
GRN – 5% (-)
Shake your chains to earth like dew
Which in sleep had fallen on you-
Ye are many - they are few."
LadyCentauria
Speaker of the House
Location: Set within 3,500 acres of leafy public land in SW London

Post by LadyCentauria »

AngryAsWell wrote:NHS to 'extend rationing' of healthcare in bid to balance books
Survey of clinical commissioning group bosses reveals that smokers and obese people will be among those who could be denied surgery and other treatment

http://www.theguardian.com/society/2015 ... ance-books" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
:head in hands: ...
This time, I'm gonna be stronger I'm not giving in...
danesclose
Whip

Post by danesclose »

Latest YouGov not at all exciting:

Latest YouGov poll (20 - 21 Apr):
CON - 35% (+1)
LAB - 34% (-1)
UKIP - 13% (-)
LDEM - 7% (-)
GRN - 5% (-)
Proud to be part of The Indecent Minority.
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

Goodnight, everyone.

I'm off to bed. "Who Could Ask For Anything More?" Try not to have nightmares . . . .
rearofthestore
Committee Member

Post by rearofthestore »

frightful_oik wrote:YouGov:
CON – 35% (+1)
LAB – 34% (-1)
UKIP – 13% (-)
LDEM – 7% (-)
GRN – 5% (-)
Well hardly that exiting!
diGriz
Committee Chair

Post by diGriz »

AngryAsWell wrote:
· 1h 1 hour ago

Link to the #milifandom page
https://twitter.com/hashtag/milifandom?src=hash&lang=en" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
This is all very interesting, as with the cool Miliband stuff that I posted a link to yesterday, this is the public creating this naturally and not the actions of PR firms that just can't 'force' opinion. It leaves me feeling positive that the MSM isn't as powerful as it thinks and outside the bubble people (and the youth here) are engaged in a more unhindered way (or at least reactive to the MSM's forced view).

All in all, good stuff.
danesclose
Whip

Post by danesclose »

danesclose wrote:Latest YouGov not at all exciting:

Latest YouGov poll (20 - 21 Apr):
CON - 35% (+1)
LAB - 34% (-1)
UKIP - 13% (-)
LDEM - 7% (-)
GRN - 5% (-)
@frightful Oik Snap!
Proud to be part of The Indecent Minority.