Tuesday 21st April 2015

A home from home
Forum rules
Welcome to FTN. New posters are welcome to join the conversation. You can follow us on Twitter @FlythenestHaven You are responsible for the content you post. This is a public forum. Treat it as if you are speaking in a crowded room. Site admin and Moderators are volunteers who will respond as quickly as they are able to when made aware of any complaints. Please do not post copyrighted material without the original authors permission.
Eric_WLothian
Secretary of State

Re: Tuesday 21st April 2015

Post by Eric_WLothian »

AngryAsWell wrote:
yahyah wrote:Ok Paul, don't go.

I will try and learn to love the SNP

See you all a long while later.
Too much to do in the garden and life for the next few weeks.

edited to add: Am plucking up the courage to do phone canvassing.
I still believe Labour could win a small majority and not have to make deals with nationalists.
Let's hope I'm right.
I can't learn to love the SNP - a party who's sole aim is to break up our country.
I despised that their activists use fear and intimidation to try to force their view of the world on everyone else.
I despise that whilst pretending to want an end to austerity they have not used the tax raising power they do have to put a brake on austerity in Scotland, and have encouraged Local Authority's to run up debt to a frightening degree. Over 6k per person in Scotland to English and Welsh 3k & 2k. How are they going to pay for that whilst running away from "austerity"?
It's not left wing to want to lower corporation tax to poach businesses from other parts of the UK.
Their manifesto is a pale copy of Labour's, yet is heralded as though is the new bible for anti-austerity!
I despise Nicola Sturgeon's arrogance in claiming "she" will keep Ed Miliband to the left - cheeky mare! - as we say round here.
So if we are now to add SNP to the list of to Holier-Than-Thou-not-to-be-criticised I think it's time for me to spend more time in the garden with yahyah for a little while.
I'll say no more about them other than I sincerely hope they play no part in government, other than run their own Scottish one.
Here's to a resounding Labour Majority.
There's an interesting/amusing article here:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/general ... cy....html

If you scroll down to the bottom, there's one of those "which party do I belong to?" quizzes. Seems I should be voting Green!
tinybgoat
Speaker of the House

Post by tinybgoat »

fedup59 wrote:Afternoon all

The Scots are no more a nationalist nation than the English are a Tory one – those are just Murdochian word splices used to undermine a system that, while it works to Murdoch and co’s advantage, they cannot completely control. It feels like the whole of the Tory Party strategy is based on invalidating certain sections of the electorate with the direct assistance of the MSM.

I think the article in the Independent about Murdoch’s outrage at the Sun not being antagonistic enough towards Labour and EdM in particular showed real signs of the old bastard losing the total power he believed he had to own our democracy for his empire’s profits (can’t link it or this computer will crash but think someone did last night). I think there is a huge battle going on for our democratic existence and it frightens the hell out of me. Then I talk to one of my neighbours and they explain they are voting SNP because they want to protect Scotland from the tories, to my daughter who while voting Labour tells me that to her Labour is the establishment because it was in power during her politically formative years and that leaves a legacy, and to an old Labour acquaintance who voted UKIP in the Euros, yes in the indyref and will now vote SNP in the GE and decide all I can do is argue my corner, vote for what I believe in and hope for the Labour to win. I don’t think that my blood pressure can cope with anything other than that!

I love theory (and can witter on endlessly about it) but people just mess it up by living in real worlds, it’s a pain. With that in mind I’ve just run out of coffee (caffeine addict) and no pension til tomorrow. Anyone know ways of dealing with caffeine lacking extreme headaches?
Plain Chocolate & aspirins
pk1
Speaker of the House

Post by pk1 »

@patrickwintour

Miliband on Cameron. "he is demeaning himself. He is demeaning his office. He will say anything and stop at nothing."
12:13 PM - 21 Apr 2015
He will say anything and stop at nothing. I like that line.
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

Post by RogerOThornhill »

I often wonder exactly how disappointed Cameron would have been by Scotland voting for independence.

Short term embarrassment at having to face HMQ but long term? Far better for the Conservatives to ditch a country which has been lost to them for a long while.
If I'm not here, then I'll be in the library. Or the other library.
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Post by AnatolyKasparov »

It was all about him - he was terrified of the damage a "Yes" vote would have done personally, nothing more.

If there was ever any doubt there, his behaviour the day after the vote removed it.
"IS TONTY BLAIR BEHIND THIS???!!!!111???!!!"
AngryAsWell
Prime Minister

Post by AngryAsWell »

Eric_WLothian wrote:
AngryAsWell wrote:
yahyah wrote:Ok Paul, don't go.

See you all a long while later.
Too much to do in the garden and life for the next few weeks.

edited to add: Am plucking up the courage to do phone canvassing.
I still believe Labour could win a small majority and not have to make deals with nationalists.
Let's hope I'm right.
I can't learn to love the SNP - a party who's sole aim is to break up our country.
I despised that their activists use fear and intimidation to try to force their view of the world on everyone else.
I despise that whilst pretending to want an end to austerity they have not used the tax raising power they do have to put a brake on austerity in Scotland, and have encouraged Local Authority's to run up debt to a frightening degree. Over 6k per person in Scotland to English and Welsh 3k & 2k. How are they going to pay for that whilst running away from "austerity"?
It's not left wing to want to lower corporation tax to poach businesses from other parts of the UK.
Their manifesto is a pale copy of Labour's, yet is heralded as though is the new bible for anti-austerity!
I despise Nicola Sturgeon's arrogance in claiming "she" will keep Ed Miliband to the left - cheeky mare! - as we say round here.
So if we are now to add SNP to the list of to Holier-Than-Thou-not-to-be-criticised I think it's time for me to spend more time in the garden with yahyah for a little while.
I'll say no more about them other than I sincerely hope they play no part in government, other than run their own Scottish one.
Here's to a resounding Labour Majority.
There's an interesting/amusing article here:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/general ... cy....html

If you scroll down to the bottom, there's one of those "which party do I belong to?" quizzes. Seems I should be voting Green!
Last one of those I did, I filled it in as a hard right winger - told me I should vote Green.
I have a conspiracy theory about them....
AngryAsWell
Prime Minister

Post by AngryAsWell »

Just got an email :
Hello AngryAsWell,

You are receiving this notification because you are watching the topic,
"Lets try to sort Windows 8 out....." at "flythenest.freeforums.org". This
topic has received a reply since your last visit. You can use the following
link to view the replies made, no more notifications will be sent until you
visit the topic.

Seems some are still posting over there.....?
Can't find the thread to check as I forgot which thread it was in.
Eric_WLothian
Secretary of State

Post by Eric_WLothian »

fedup59 wrote:Afternoon all

The Scots are no more a nationalist nation than the English are a Tory one – those are just Murdochian word splices used to undermine a system that, while it works to Murdoch and co’s advantage, they cannot completely control. It feels like the whole of the Tory Party strategy is based on invalidating certain sections of the electorate with the direct assistance of the MSM.
True - Let's not forget the 2010 GE results for Scotland:
Lab 42%
LD 19%
SNP 20%
Con 17%
(turnout 64%)

Even in the 2011 SE, the breakdown of constituency votes was:
Lab 32%
LD 8% (stop laughing at the back)
SNP 45%
Con 14%
(turnout 50%)

Imo, the SNP government is a total disaster in many areas and I really don't see any logical reason for a huge swing to them next month. They are a minority party whose standing is being exaggerated by the media - much as UKIP were until a few weeks ago.
mikems
Minister of State

Post by mikems »

I'm not so sure about North East Somerset. We've got the data from 2010, and two Ashcroft polls that vary wildly. I know there have been boundary changes, but many people will have voted Liberal in the past to keep the tory out, so why would they vote tory now, especially if they have found the LIberals in government to be too right wing?

I note without comment that Lord Ashcroft is a tory and of the same social milieu as Rees-Moggy. I also note that, as a pollster, Ashcroft knows that about 8% of people are mainly influenced by the polls.

But, I suspect that Labour has the better ground campaign, and there are still many working class areas in the constituency that have little reason to vote tory.
Eric_WLothian
Secretary of State

Post by Eric_WLothian »

AngryAsWell wrote: Last one of those I did, I filled it in as a hard right winger - told me I should vote Green.
Flippin' eck - the Greens have infiltrated the Torygraph? :lol: :lol:
AngryAsWell
Prime Minister

Post by AngryAsWell »

Eric_WLothian wrote:
AngryAsWell wrote: Last one of those I did, I filled it in as a hard right winger - told me I should vote Green.
Press will do anything to split the left vote ;) :lol:
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

Ian ‏@Mancman10 6 mins6 minutes ago

Electoral commission - 485000 registered to vote yesterday alone, great news #GE2015

Pretty good I'd say. Have asked if anyone knows how many since the campaign to register began.
We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office. – Aesop
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

Eric_WLothian wrote:
Ha!

I suspect that Eric_WLothian is suggesting that it's an attempt to persuade Labour\left-leaning voters that their true spiritual home is with the Greens. He may be right (about the attempt at persuasion).

Edited

_ for -
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

AnatolyKasparov wrote:It was all about him - he was terrified of the damage a "Yes" vote would have done personally, nothing more.

If there was ever any doubt there, his behaviour the day after the vote removed it.
It was obvious what he was doing with a GE not far away. Coldly calculated.
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

Ian ‏@Mancman10 56 secs57 seconds ago

@dimayray Not sure Diane but it's over 2.5m in last 5 weeks alone & most are 18-34 :)

Now isn't that bloody fantastic !!!!
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

The Conservatives are to draft in a deployment of Republican activists to bolster their efforts in key seats before the election.

In an unusual move, a team organised by the US Young Republicans International Committee will arrive on 2 May to help out in the marginal of Enfield North and Aylesbury, where the Conservatives face a challenge from Ukip, as well as the safer seat of Windsor. The move will be controversial because they are set to campaign though they are not able to vote in the UK.

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/201 ... are_btn_tw

Well if this isn't proof Dave's owned by American corporations nothing is.
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

Further to my post about young Republicans, I didn't know Windsor wasn't 'safe'. Well I never.
Willow904
Prime Minister

Post by Willow904 »

mikems wrote:I'm not so sure about North East Somerset. We've got the data from 2010, and two Ashcroft polls that vary wildly. I know there have been boundary changes, but many people will have voted Liberal in the past to keep the tory out, so why would they vote tory now, especially if they have found the LIberals in government to be too right wing?

I note without comment that Lord Ashcroft is a tory and of the same social milieu as Rees-Moggy. I also note that, as a pollster, Ashcroft knows that about 8% of people are mainly influenced by the polls.

But, I suspect that Labour has the better ground campaign, and there are still many working class areas in the constituency that have little reason to vote tory.
Thanks, you're right. The two constituency polls we've had, have been so different it's hard to tell what the real state of play is. I'll try to keep my spirits up! Especially as Todd Foreman has been very successful at putting himself across on social media, which could work well with all these newly registered 18-34's! Rees-Mogg - needless to say - doesn't do twitter.
"Fall seven times, get up eight" - Japanese proverb
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

I'm afraid I can believe the latest poll in N E Somerset to at least *some* extent.

We may laugh at Rees Mogg (often justifiably) but he has gained the reputation as a "character", and some voters like that. Plus I have heard that he is pretty assiduous as a constituency MP and takes that part of his job seriously (ie he *isn't* just somebody who likes to grandstand in the HoC)

There may be parallels to be drawn with Richard Shepherd in certain respects.
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

From BTL on the Republican youth canvassing over here.

BalerionZinn 900ssdesmo 8m ago

Ha, just the thought of some kid in a suit handing out leaflets for the Tories on a council estate.
'You remember back when 'Merica...I mean...back when the United Britain was great. Back when the beers was cold, Momma's apple pie was hot and our Ladies were made of Iron?
We beat the Commies back in my Pa's day and we sure as shit are goin' do it again. Yeeeeeeehaw!
Vote for Dave Cameron!

Jesus would.'
Willow904
Prime Minister

Post by Willow904 »

ohsocynical wrote:From BTL on the Republican youth canvassing over here.

BalerionZinn 900ssdesmo 8m ago

Ha, just the thought of some kid in a suit handing out leaflets for the Tories on a council estate.
'You remember back when 'Merica...I mean...back when the United Britain was great. Back when the beers was cold, Momma's apple pie was hot and our Ladies were made of Iron?
We beat the Commies back in my Pa's day and we sure as shit are goin' do it again. Yeeeeeeehaw!
Vote for Dave Cameron!

Jesus would.'
:lol!:
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

ohsocynical wrote:The Conservatives are to draft in a deployment of Republican activists to bolster their efforts in key seats before the election.

In an unusual move, a team organised by the US Young Republicans International Committee will arrive on 2 May to help out in the marginal of Enfield North and Aylesbury, where the Conservatives face a challenge from Ukip, as well as the safer seat of Windsor. The move will be controversial because they are set to campaign though they are not able to vote in the UK.

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/201 ... are_btn_tw

Well if this isn't proof Dave's owned by American corporations nothing is.

Mr Ohso says. "God Almighty"!
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

RobertSnozers wrote:Afternoon all. Sorry about earlier comments. Just having one of those days
No problem - as Winston C once said "never despair" (even though he not infrequently did, of course)
pk1
Speaker of the House

Post by pk1 »

Jamie Reed in diabolical DP interview. Found myself inwardly yelling 'just answer the bloody question' !! :wall:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b0 ... s-21042015" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Interview starts at the 20min mark
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

Willow904 wrote:
ohsocynical wrote:
Willow904 wrote:Morning all. We seem to be stuck on Scotland again today, which I'm starting to find tedious, as all the same arguments keep being made over and over. I guess we have the Libdems to blame for it, releasing their Scottish manifesto today. Perhaps we'll move onto something more interesting tomorrow.

In the meantime, how is it possible that Rees-Mogg is now set to increase his majority in NE Somerset after being neck and neck with Labour in the previous Ashcroft constituency poll?

http://lordashcroftpolls.com/2015/04/no ... -somerset/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I thought Todd Foreman was having a good campaign. I know the boundary change has made it much harder for Labour to win here, but I thought they could do at least as well as before. I appreciate some of the working class vote may have migrated to Ukip, but I'd have hoped at least some of the disillusioned Libdem vote would have considered Labour. Foreman's a very strong candidate compared to the Green, who's just some university student with very little to say beyond being anti-fracking. I understand the Green policies connect with people, but allowing Rees-Mogg back in, as voting for them will here, will actually put our local area at much greater risk of imminent fracking than any other outcome. I don't want fracking here - we need an MP who will fight it, not promote it. I feel really sorry for those who want to vote with their hearts but the reality is that doing so and going Green in NE Somerset will make fracking here more, not less, likely.

Oh well. If I'm stuck with Rees-Mogg, I'm stuck with Rees-Mogg. If the country as a whole is moving more to the left, with the Greens doing well, I have to view that as a positive. Maybe he'll be less irritating in opposition. I just hope this isn't a sign that the Tories' "split the left vote" strategy is working.
I posted here yesterday that there's been a leaflet circulated in his constituency which is from an anti - gay marriage group. Todd isn't sure but I think suspects Rees-Mogg is behind it.

Edited because I wrote gobbledy gook.
An openly gay American was always going to be a difficult fit for a rural community. NE Somerset is 72 on Labour's target list so it was always a bit of a long shot. The drift of some traditional working class Labour voters to Ukip was already on the cards before Foreman was selected so I doubt he's scared them away. More a case of not being able to win them back, but it would probably have been the same with an educated middle class type Labour candidate - it's all part of the alienation of working class males who still expect Labour MPs to be white, male, union types. I actually think PaulfromYorkshire is right. The real problem is that the Libdems round here are mostly Liberals with Tory leanings who, having failed to get a Libdem elected last time when they were at their peak, have fallen back to their default setting of the Tories being preferable to Labour.
I'm disappointed by the news about Rees-Mogg hanging on. Todd Foreman would probably represent your constituency better. I hope for the best. It's not over until it's over. You're in my thoughts.
pk1
Speaker of the House

Post by pk1 »

RobertSnozers wrote:Afternoon all. Sorry about earlier comments. Just having one of those days
We all get them but what's great about this place is that there is always somebody around who cares enough to ask if/how they can help :hug:
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

ohsocynical wrote:Ian ‏@Mancman10 56 secs57 seconds ago

@dimayray Not sure Diane but it's over 2.5m in last 5 weeks alone & most are 18-34 :)

Now isn't that bloody fantastic !!!!
Magnificent!
tinybgoat
Speaker of the House

Post by tinybgoat »

Major says "Labour is a class-based, divisive party.
After the election, either the Conservative party or Labour will form –
or at least lead – the new government. We need a government that can
reach out to every part of our country. And Labour can’t do that.
I know Labour. I grew up with them. I admire their virtues. But Labour
is a class-based Party. It was born so and remains so. It’s in its DNA.
Labour divides to rule. To win votes, they will turn rich against poor.
North against South. Worker against boss. They have done this before.
And they are doing it now. But it is emphatically not what this country
needs. We need to bring people together, not create chasms to prise us
apart.
The enduring characteristic of the British is fairness and generosity of
spirit. I believe people will turn away from Labour’s politics of social
division. It has no place in a mature State. "

Wow! Swap 'Tory' for 'Labour' and he's spot on.
LadyCentauria
Speaker of the House
Location: Set within 3,500 acres of leafy public land in SW London

Post by LadyCentauria »

ohsocynical wrote:
FuriousGeorge wrote:I wonder if the new voters that registered in the last week will make any difference to the polls.

I would think the majority of them might be younger, first time voters so if thats the case theoretically that might swing more votes towards the left.
Just found this Tweet.

Iain McNicol ‏@IainMcNicol 4s4 seconds ago Nottingham, England

Fantastic that 469,047 people registered to vote yesterday - Now let's change the country.
That's an astounding number of people registering in one day!
This time, I'm gonna be stronger I'm not giving in...
Willow904
Prime Minister

Post by Willow904 »

AnatolyKasparov wrote:I'm afraid I can believe the latest poll in N E Somerset to at least *some* extent.

We may laugh at Rees Mogg (often justifiably) but he has gained the reputation as a "character", and some voters like that. Plus I have heard that he is pretty assiduous as a constituency MP and takes that part of his job seriously (ie he *isn't* just somebody who likes to grandstand in the HoC)

There may be parallels to be drawn with Richard Shepherd in certain respects.
A "character" with dubious business interests, connections to Circle Health, very pro-fracking and extremely out of touch. I can see why Tories like him, but he makes his money investing in tobacco and fracking in emerging markets, which makes him a cynical and exploitative capitalist of the worst kind. I've laughed at him myself, but the more I find out about the man, the less I find him funny.

(Edited to clarify that I'm not suggesting there is anything "dubious" about the way Rees-Mogg conducts his business, just that the morality of pushing tobacco products in emerging markets that don't have the same regulatory standards of the developed world is questionable - I don't want anyone to think I'm implying he has done anything illegal. I just don't think it's very nice (or particularly ethical) to profit from tobacco, when we all know the health consequences.)
Last edited by Willow904 on Tue 21 Apr, 2015 4:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
adam
First Secretary of State

Post by adam »

Ludicrous article by Wintour at the graun claiming that the political genius of George Osbourne has struck electoral gold in linking together Labour and the SNP.
Labour appears to be losing the air war and there is little sign the party knows how to respond. Miliband mounted a spirited defence of the union and an assault on the low politics of the Conservatives on BBC Breakfast on Tuesday, but news cycles are coming and going, and each time Labour is losing.
I still believe in a town called Hope
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

Post by RogerOThornhill »

Boris has been in Thanet campaigning for the Tory candidate.

Craig Mackinley - once a UKIP deputy leader now a Tory
Nigel Farage - once a Tory now UKIP leader.

I can't help but recall the end bit of Animal Farm :

"The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which."
If I'm not here, then I'll be in the library. Or the other library.
LadyCentauria
Speaker of the House

Post by LadyCentauria »

tinybgoat wrote:Major says "Labour is a class-based, divisive party.
apart.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Oh dear me, talk about pots, kettles...
LadyCentauria
Speaker of the House

Post by LadyCentauria »

RogerOThornhill wrote:Boris has been in Thanet campaigning for the Tory candidate.

Craig Mackinley - once a UKIP deputy leader now a Tory
Nigel Farage - once a Tory now UKIP leader.

I can't help but recall the end bit of Animal Farm :

"The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which."
Friends in Ramsgate are confident that Farage will lose but know it's likely to be tight. Off to play with ponies. Catch you all later. Chins up!
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

The DUP has called for an end to cuts to frontline services and warned that rushing to eliminate the deficit could harm growth. (Guardian Election Blog - my emphasis)
TechnicalEphemera
Speaker of the House

Post by TechnicalEphemera »

adam wrote:Ludicrous article by Wintour at the graun claiming that the political genius of George Osbourne has struck electoral gold in linking together Labour and the SNP.
Labour appears to be losing the air war and there is little sign the party knows how to respond. Miliband mounted a spirited defence of the union and an assault on the low politics of the Conservatives on BBC Breakfast on Tuesday, but news cycles are coming and going, and each time Labour is losing.
Wintour is an idiot.

This story can run for about another day at most. Then the election will move on. People won't stay scared of the SNP forever and Cameron has done himself lasting damage. By contrast Miliband now looks more in control than ever. He has dressed himself in the union flag, nice trick for a Labour politician.
Release the Guardvarks.
gilsey
Prime Minister

Post by gilsey »

tinybgoat wrote:Major says "Labour is a class-based, divisive party.
apart.

My thoughts exactly.
One world, like it or not - John Martyn
rearofthestore
Committee Member

Post by rearofthestore »

First of the day
Mike Smithson ‏@MSmithsonPB 17m17 minutes ago
LAB retakes the lead with TNS

LAB 34% (+2), CON 32% (-2), LD 8% (-1), UKIP 15% (+1), GREEN 5% (0), OTHER 6% (+1
rearofthestore
Committee Member

Post by rearofthestore »

Well you can't argue with this
Laura Kuenssberg ‏@bbclaurak 30m30 minutes ago
Tebbit suggests Cameron is unlike politicians of previous generations who were 'real men' ...OUCH!
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

rearofthestore wrote:First of the day

LAB 34% (+2), CON 32% (-2), LD 8% (-1), UKIP 15% (+1), GREEN 5% (0), OTHER 6% (+1
Somebody tell Wintour :)
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Laura Kuenssberg ‏@bbclaurak 22m22 minutes ago
Tebbit suggests Cameron is unlike politicians of previous generations who were 'real men' ...OUCH!
:lol: I've no idea what Cameron has done now to incur Tebbit's scathe ... but he's sort of spot on there - real is certainly not a quality I associate with Cameron.
Working on the wild side.
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

But Wintour says Tories are striking gold with their disaster campaign!
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

AnatolyKasparov wrote:

Somebody tell Wintour :)
I'll break it to him.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Sorry rearofthestore - hadn't seen your post when I put mine up.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Patrick O'Flynn retweeted
Dan Hodges ‏@DPJHodges 15 Dec 2012
If UKIP break 6% at the next election I'll streak naked down Whitehall in a Nigel Farage mask whilst singing Land of Hope and Glory...
Let's hope Ukip bomb and we don't have to see or hear any of him. (It's the prospect of the singing that really bothers me ...)
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

I'm having problems with the site again. It's very slow and keeps locking me out. Many SQuirreLs.
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

I'm having problems with the site again. It's very slow and keeps locking me out. Many SQuirreLs.
pk1
Speaker of the House

Post by pk1 »

PorFavor wrote:I'm having problems with the site again. It's very slow and keeps locking me out. Many SQuirreLs.
This many squirrels ?

onebuttonmonkey
Committee Chair

Post by onebuttonmonkey »

I've just had far too much fun churning this comment out over at the G about the atrocious Mr. ShappsFoxGreen:
Over in Shappsworld, I'm shocked, shocked I tell you, to discover that a former web-company owner with a history of misleading people about his own name has been alleged to be using the internet to lie about things. Who could have seen that coming:

Grant Shapps accused of editing Wikipedia pages of Tory rivals
http://www.theguardian.com/politics/201 ... ory-rivals

In other news, an open letter condemning the actions of Grant Shapps, was issued today.

"Please make Shapps stop," said the letter, which was signed by a hundred members of the Association of Hucksters, Charlatans and Frauds. "His laughable dishonesty and complete haplessness at lying is destroying the hard-earned reputation of ordinary, hardworking confidence tricksters"

"Grifters like us have dedicated years to differently-truthed wealth creation, and for what? So that a crap Peter Powell lookalike who couldn't lie his way out of a three -word sentence can come along and make the rest of us look bad?" the letter continued. "No, really. This is so crap it's embarrassing."

"I've thrown away pairs of shoes that were more convincing businessmen than that gormless, teddy-bear faced dimwit," it concluded.

Rumours that the Tories had so little regard for the electorate that they couldn't even be arsed to lie convincingly to us were promptly removed from sight by an anonymous source who is unlikely to be able to spell any of his several names, or remember what dates he is supposed to have been called them.
Seriously, the fact he's so crap at it is genuinely more insulting than were he more competent. I can't explain why, but it really is...
onebuttonmonkey
Committee Chair

Post by onebuttonmonkey »

Edit: double post removed. This site's running *very* slow for me today; don't know if its my Victorian, steam-powered, bakelite laptop or something on the server side...