Thursday 23rd April 2015

A home from home
Forum rules
Welcome to FTN. New posters are welcome to join the conversation. You can follow us on Twitter @FlythenestHaven You are responsible for the content you post. This is a public forum. Treat it as if you are speaking in a crowded room. Site admin and Moderators are volunteers who will respond as quickly as they are able to when made aware of any complaints. Please do not post copyrighted material without the original authors permission.
LadyCentauria
Speaker of the House
Location: Set within 3,500 acres of leafy public land in SW London

Thursday 23rd April 2015

Post by LadyCentauria »

Good Thursday, all :zen:

The Guardian appears to have come out somewhat in favour of Labour. I quote the final paragraph (one whole sentence) of a long critique of the Conservative-led Coalition of the past five years:
Labour’s prospectus can fairly be criticised as hazy by contrast. But haze is surely preferable to this rigid and unbalanced roll-back-the-state dogma.
http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfre ... iety-state
This time, I'm gonna be stronger I'm not giving in...
Swarthlander
Committee Chair

Re: Thursday 23rd April 2015

Post by Swarthlander »

Good morning. :D

Happy St George's Day - Ingulund!
"A lack of compassion is as vulgar as an excess of tears"
LadyCentauria
Speaker of the House
Location: Set within 3,500 acres of leafy public land in SW London

Post by LadyCentauria »

Ah, then it's Shakespeare's Birthday - and, of course, Moulid al Scob...
This time, I'm gonna be stronger I'm not giving in...
55DegreesNorth
Minister of State

Post by 55DegreesNorth »

LadyCentauria wrote:Good Thursday, all :zen:

The Guardian appears to have come out somewhat in favour of Labour. I quote the final paragraph (one whole sentence) of a long critique of the Conservative-led Coalition of the past five years:
Labour’s prospectus can fairly be criticised as hazy by contrast. But haze is surely preferable to this rigid and unbalanced roll-back-the-state dogma.
http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfre ... iety-state
It's worth going BTL for two reasons: Joseph90 posts are chilling, and the increasingly ridiculous NickyB gets a good scudding (I think it's operator has changed).

Oh, and good morning. It's a stoater up here, so I'm off to the coast.
Lonewolfie
Lord Chancellor

Post by Lonewolfie »

Moraftingtinoon all...

Hoping to be back later (to try and improve on my average score of 1 comment every blue moon) but wanted to drop this in...

I don’t want to be beastly about Grant Shapps, but it’s almost inconceivable that so slight a man would have been Chairman of the Tory Party in a previous age. To be fair to him, he does have some experience of business, though seemingly of a rather bizarre sort. But he is a political bantamweight, utterly incapable of lifting the party faithful or connecting with the wider electorate.

He manages to get in a (childishly rude, IMHO) dig at Mr Ed and Chukka Ummuna, but mostly he seems unimpressed by the whole Westmonster cabal....

Yesterday Mr Cameron and Boris Johnson were engaged in a competitive game of finger printing in Tory blue for the benefit of the TV cameras. A welcome respite from the grind of electioneering? Or a pointless piece of childishness perfectly in keeping with a pretty infantile election? The truth is that a somewhat immature and increasingly detached political class has gained control of the political process, often aided and abetted by a compliant media, particularly on our screens. Age, wisdom, experience and knowledge of the world — attributes which politicians sought in the past — are now regarded by our rulers as defects.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/artic ... scuit.html

Detached political class aided by a compliant media? Careful now - that way lies conspiracy theories about 'Successor Generations' and the like :o

...and an image I was reminded of when reading about the top bestest-evahh Tories of all (for one is PM and the other Mayor of London) being befuddled by a childs' jigsaw...
camboj230.jpg
camboj230.jpg (11.33 KiB) Viewed 11339 times
Proud to be 1 of the 76% - Solidarity...because PODEMOS
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Morning all.

Referring back to last posts of yesterday. I wonder if the Lib Dems have been allowed to discuss and make contingency plans for how they will manage any post election negotiations with other parties should Clegg be ousted from his Sheffield Hallam seat? Do you think they will have allowed that possibility to enter into their planning ....?

I see Clegg's fortunes as very instrumental in how an uncertain outcome may play out. I would feel a lot more secure if he lost his seat.
Working on the wild side.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

norman smith ‏@BBCNormanS 13m13 minutes ago
"I'm confident its going well" - George Osborne on Tory elex campaign @BBCr4today
Humphreys gave him a little cuddly lion maul over their relentlessly negative campaign. Osborne had his blinkers on and continued to issue denial speak. He is the Brian of spokespeople. He probably want to be the boring economy one. He sticks to the monotone line, the repeat messages - all the charisma of a parking ticket machine.
Lonewolfie
Lord Chancellor

Post by Lonewolfie »

rebeccariots2 wrote:Morning all.

Referring back to last posts of yesterday. I wonder if the Lib Dems have been allowed to discuss and make contingency plans for how they will manage any post election negotiations with other parties should Clegg be ousted from his Sheffield Hallam seat? Do you think they will have allowed that possibility to enter into their planning ....?

I see Clegg's fortunes as very instrumental in how an uncertain outcome may play out. I would feel a lot more secure if he lost his seat.
I would think something's in place.....after all, the Greens, SNP, Plaid and UKIP are likely to have party leaders who have not been elected to Westmonster as well....and the SNP are actually going to be running the country!
Proud to be 1 of the 76% - Solidarity...because PODEMOS
refitman
Site Admin

Post by refitman »

rebeccariots2 wrote:
"I'm confident its going well" - George Osborne on Tory elex campaign @BBCr4today
Humphreys gave him a little cuddly lion maul over their relentlessly negative campaign. Osborne had his blinkers on and continued to issue denial speak. He is the Brian of spokespeople. He probably want to be the boring economy one. He sticks to the monotone line, the repeat messages - all the charisma of a parking ticket machine.
Considering the Humphreys opened the interview by talking about the IFS reporting, it would have been nice if he had asked some questions about Tory tax/spend plans.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Lonewolfie wrote:
rebeccariots2 wrote:Morning all.

I would think something's in place.....after all, the Greens, SNP, Plaid and UKIP are likely to have party leaders who have not been elected to Westmonster as well....and the SNP are actually going to be running the country!
Ah yes - but this is the Lib Dems we are speaking about here. They (or those of them that hold any sway) still seem to be utterly in thrall to Clegg despite his lack of standing with much of the party and the country - and poor outcomes for the Lib Dems as a result of their role in the coalition. The Greens, SNP, Plaid and Ukip are no doubt factoring in the likelihood or certainty of party leaders that won't be elected - the Lib Dems may still be on the happy, don't tell me anything bad, bus.
frightful_oik
Whip

Post by frightful_oik »

refitman wrote:
rebeccariots2 wrote:
Considering the Humphreys opened the interview by talking about the IFS reporting, it would have been nice if he had asked some questions about Tory tax/spend plans.
Yes, but it was a Tory PPB. Wasn't it?
Shake your chains to earth like dew
Which in sleep had fallen on you-
Ye are many - they are few."
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Tory candidate for Solihull under fire over book on tax avoidance
Julian Knight, fighting to take key target seat from Lib Dems, insists his book ‘sets out ways hardworking parents can pass on the graft of a lifetime’ to their children

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/201 ... -avoidance" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Another of Knight’s books, The British Citizenship test for Dummies, promises to provide “all the official material required to ace the latest government test”. In the introduction he writes: “Becoming a British citizen means enjoying full voting rights and access to all sorts of benefits.” Knight’s book includes sections called “Getting your hands on a British passport” and “Reaping the rewards of citizenship”.
He sounds like the perfect business partner for Shapps / Fox / Green.
minch
Backbencher

Post by minch »

I'm not sure this has been posted
http://blog.lboro.ac.uk/general-electio ... -report-2/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Interesting figures showing how 'fair' the broadcasters are.
tinybgoat
Speaker of the House

Post by tinybgoat »

LadyCentauria wrote:Ah, then it's Shakespeare's Birthday - and, of course, Moulid al Scob...
Hah!
Much googling later, find it's a reference to
"Alexandria Quartet" by Lawrence Durrell
(and not Scooby doo :))
PaulfromYorkshire
Site Admin

Post by PaulfromYorkshire »

Morning All

May I recommend Martin Rowson's Twitter this morning

https://twitter.com/MartinRowson" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
ephemerid
Speaker of the House

Post by ephemerid »

Morning all.

For pk1 and anyone else who may be interested - I have written to Ernst with some details of my ideas for ESA/WCA which he is free to pass on to Rachel Reeves.
I've also expressed an interest in being part of any future consultation - as a claimant, a health and social care professional, and an ex-DEA, I think I've got a bit of clout.

I'm going to get in touch with people I know in the Spartacus network, and see what they are thinking/doing on this consultation idea. They have some excellent ideas on how to reform social security, and their research has given them the evidence to support those ideas.

I am concerned that the usual charities will be consulted in the usual way. The difficulty I have with this is that some of those groups are not particularly good on illness, and are very focused on disability and help to work.
This is not what other groups like Macmillan or some of the mental health charities focus on - they are interested in getting the right benefits to the right people without unnecessary delays and harmful assessments etc.
I suspect that this is why certain groups get consulted while others don't - the emphasis is (as I have droned on about many times, sorry) on "disabled people" and their employment.

I am hoping that this help from Ernst will bear fruit - attempts to put my ideas forward elsewhere, including the site Labour set up because they claimed they wanted contributions, have not even been acknowledged, let alone responded to. Which is not good, IMHO.
"Poverty is the worst form of violence" - Mahatma Gandhi
TheGrimSqueaker
Speaker of the House

Post by TheGrimSqueaker »

PaulfromYorkshire wrote:Morning All

It is amazing how easy it is to find an appropriate Shakespeare quote. I always put up a picture with a matching quote for #ShakespeareSunday, somehow very cathartic.

@LadyC, not sure I'm convinced that the G is coming out in favour of Labour, Sparrow's blog still reads like a Coalition PPB. Mind you, not as bad as the Telegraph, where Glenda's little boy seems to have given up on his "Who won today" blog, presumably from sheer embarrassment.
COWER BRIEF MORTALS. HO. HO. HO.
Willow904
Prime Minister

Post by Willow904 »

TheGrimSqueaker wrote:
PaulfromYorkshire wrote:Morning All

It is amazing how easy it is to find an appropriate Shakespeare quote. I always put up a picture with a matching quote for #ShakespeareSunday, somehow very cathartic.

@LadyC, not sure I'm convinced that the G is coming out in favour of Labour, Sparrow's blog still reads like a Coalition PPB. Mind you, not as bad as the Telegraph, where Glenda's little boy seems to have given up on his "Who won today" blog, presumably from sheer embarrassment.
More a case of the Guardian coming out against the Tories but not actually for anyone, I think. Fence sitting, like their beloved Libdems, who often pretend to be independent when things aren't going too well for the party, because they know they're crap but can't bear to admit another party could actually be better.
"Fall seven times, get up eight" - Japanese proverb
utopiandreams
Speaker of the House

Post by utopiandreams »

Word from Europe is that Cameron has been having extreme communication difficulties with understanding the viewpoint of our allies and is increasingly being given the cold shoulder. It was suggested he call on the diplomatic and linguistics skills of Nick Clegg or Paddy Ashdown but declined because they'd been especially horrid to his good friend, Michael Green.

Little Willie Hague was also asked but excused himself because of a prior engagement; he was especially looking forward to his jollies with Angelina. It is believed that David has now turned to his pal, Nigel, who has had many years of experience addressing the European Parliament.
I would close my eyes if I couldn't dream.
gilsey
Prime Minister

Post by gilsey »

Willow904 wrote: More a case of the Guardian coming out against the Tories but not actually for anyone, I think. Fence sitting, like their beloved Libdems, who often pretend to be independent when things aren't going too well for the party, because they know they're crap but can't bear to admit another party could actually be better.
I think that's right, this is Saturday's editorial, which lays into the Coalition in no uncertain terms but fails to draw the logical conclusion.

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfre ... es-economy" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The coalition’s economic record has been as abysmal as its self-presentation has been triumphant. Even as Mr Osborne has missed forecasts and blown targets, he has presented himself as the man with the long-term economic plan.
The choice in this election is not a perfect one but it is nonetheless stark: on one side is a Conservative philosophy that views the state as “crowding out” the private sector and therefore sees the role of government largely as getting out of the way. This argument drove Mr Osborne’s extreme austerity of 2010-12 – and it failed. On the other is a view advanced by Mr Miliband that the state can and should shape markets to encourage businesses that give as well as take – treating their workers better and resisting every jump to the next low-tax zone. True, a lot of this is not fully worked out. The same could be said about Labour’s ambiguous fiscal policy, which leaves Mr Miliband so much wiggle room that he could either be the anti-austerity prime minister or end up cutting £18bn from government budgets in the next three years. Much about Britain’s economy needs changing, not just its current fiscal management. The party that deserves to win in May is surely the one that shows most willingness to make those changes.
It confirmed that my usual policy of not reading the editorials is the right one. Waste of paper and ink.
One world, like it or not - John Martyn
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

Goodmorfternoon.
Labour Press Team

@labourpress

Bad start to the day for Osborne as the boss at the firm he is visiting says his EU policy is dangerous.
7:54 AM - 23 Apr 2015 (Guardian, Election Blog)
No wonder George Osborne has eschewed his usual "high-viz" jacket. I'm not sure that leaving off the hard-hat was such a good idea, though.
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Post by AnatolyKasparov »

I can't see an outright endorsement of Labour under Rusbridger - would involve eating too many words.
"IS TONTY BLAIR BEHIND THIS???!!!!111???!!!"
TheGrimSqueaker
Speaker of the House

Whoops!!

http://labourlist.org/2015/04/snp-candi ... -to-nazis/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Post by AnatolyKasparov »

Mind you, LabourList also has a god-awful piece berating Ed for not acceding to the SNP's every demand :roll:
"IS TONTY BLAIR BEHIND THIS???!!!!111???!!!"
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

gilsey wrote:
Willow904 wrote: More a case of the Guardian coming out against the Tories but not actually for anyone, I think. Fence sitting, like their beloved Libdems, who often pretend to be independent when things aren't going too well for the party, because they know they're crap but can't bear to admit another party could actually be better.
I think that's right, this is Saturday's editorial, which lays into the Coalition in no uncertain terms but fails to draw the logical conclusion.

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfre ... es-economy" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The coalition’s economic record has been as abysmal as its self-presentation has been triumphant. Even as Mr Osborne has missed forecasts and blown targets, he has presented himself as the man with the long-term economic plan.
The choice in this election is not a perfect one but it is nonetheless stark: on one side is a Conservative philosophy that views the state as “crowding out” the private sector and therefore sees the role of government largely as getting out of the way. This argument drove Mr Osborne’s extreme austerity of 2010-12 – and it failed. On the other is a view advanced by Mr Miliband that the state can and should shape markets to encourage businesses that give as well as take – treating their workers better and resisting every jump to the next low-tax zone. True, a lot of this is not fully worked out. The same could be said about Labour’s ambiguous fiscal policy, which leaves Mr Miliband so much wiggle room that he could either be the anti-austerity prime minister or end up cutting £18bn from government budgets in the next three years. Much about Britain’s economy needs changing, not just its current fiscal management. The party that deserves to win in May is surely the one that shows most willingness to make those changes.
It confirmed that my usual policy of not reading the editorials is the right one. Waste of paper and ink.
The final Guardian paragraph regarding Labour fiscal policy reads like a not too bright concern troll effort.
TheGrimSqueaker
Speaker of the House

AnatolyKasparov wrote:Mind you, LabourList also has a god-awful piece berating Ed for not acceding to the SNP's every demand :roll:
So what's new. :wall:
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

Verdict expected in Tower Hamlets electoral fraud case

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/liv ... 1b98b64b00" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

This was buried in the live blog time stamped about four hours ago.
No verdict has been reached at the time of my posting.
mikems
Minister of State

Post by mikems »

Comments at LabourList are still infested with trolls. So is the Labour party facebook page - it is full of fascists and racists 'having their say' on Labour's pages and being left unmoderated out of undue respect for the 'rights' of people who would destroy democracy if they got the chance.
Eric_WLothian
Secretary of State

Post by Eric_WLothian »

TheGrimSqueaker wrote:Whoops!!

http://labourlist.org/2015/04/snp-candi ... -to-nazis/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
He also seems to think you need a Scottish accent to be a Scot:
Neil Hay‏@NeilHaySNP
@AamerAnwar @E_ham01 @STVGlasgow very aware of that but my non Scots wife also commented on the disproportionate number of non Scots accents
What an inward-looking parochial bunch they are!
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

"I’m sorry that the blog went quiet for a while. We had major problems with the website. But we seem to be back to normal again" now.

Andrew Sparrow - a few minutes ago

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/liv ... 16b5ee40ba" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I'm unable to find the comments under the blog or some articles. The Sparrow blog, for example, doesn't even give a total of comments. Are comments suspended intentionally? Does anyone know?
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

Post by RogerOThornhill »

If we needed proof that Mark Reckless is a nitpicking pillock, try reading this...Steela Creasy tweeted a pic of her completed postal ballot form.

https://twitter.com/MarkReckless/status ... 0413461504
Mark Reckless ‏@MarkReckless 5m5 minutes ago
@stellacreasy We look forward to your visit but you can still tweet and if RT is not deleted by noon I intend to report to police @IainDale
And notice our favourite DFH getting involved.

:roll:
If I'm not here, then I'll be in the library. Or the other library.
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

citizenJA wrote:
"I’m sorry that the blog went quiet for a while. We had major problems with the website. But we seem to be back to normal again" now.

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/liv ... 16b5ee40ba" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I'm unable to find the comments under the blog or some articles. The Sparrow blog, for example, doesn't even give a total of comments. Are comments suspended intentionally? Does anyone know?
Yeah, they've a few "PC gone mad" issues with ATL content and now comments currently suspended.
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

Eric_WLothian wrote:

Neil Hay‏@NeilHaySNP
@AamerAnwar @E_ham01 @STVGlasgow very aware of that but my non Scots wife also commented on the disproportionate number of non Scots accents
We gotta have Scottish accents to be friends? I'm hurt. He is joking, right? He's light-heartedly making fun? Please tell me it's a joke because I'm reading it over & it may not be. I want better sentiments expressed in tweets & other communications from public service candidates or elected people.

I've read the article.
It's not a joke.
Furthermore, he's communicated worse in his communications.
Mr. Hay, please think about your conduct & words, apologise, make appropriate restitution & don't be abusive in conduct or speech in the future.

I remind myself as I write these words to another to be upright in my own conduct & words too.

I don't have a Scottish accent but I like Scottish accents a lot. Obviously, that's another topic of discussion.
Eric_WLothian
Secretary of State

Post by Eric_WLothian »

RogerOThornhill wrote:If we needed proof that Mark Reckless is a nitpicking pillock, try reading this...Steela Creasy tweeted a pic of her completed postal ballot form.

@stellacreasy We look forward to your visit but you can still tweet and if RT is not deleted by noon I intend to report to police @IainDale

I seem to remember the question of making ballot papers public cropped up a few days ago. Surely the principle of the secret ballot is that nobody is entitled to know how you vote. If somebody chooses to forgo that privacy, it's entirely up to them - otherwise answering a broadcaster's question "how will / did you vote?" would be illegal.
TheGrimSqueaker
Speaker of the House

Eric_WLothian wrote:

Neil Hay‏@NeilHaySNP
Thank goodness they are a minority, albeit a vocal one. All my Scottish friends and relatives * would have nothing but contempt for these fools.

* Does that make me MacRabbit?
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

RogerOThornhill wrote:
citizenJA wrote:

Yeah, they've a few "PC gone mad" issues with ATL content and now comments currently suspended.
On one hand, I understand the Guardian is under no obligation to me or anyone to provide the platform for below the line commentary. On the other, I'm frustrated & angry it's been decided no one may read or post comments below the line at this point in the election campaign.
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

Eric_WLothian wrote:
RogerOThornhill wrote:If we needed proof that Mark Reckless is a nitpicking pillock, try reading this...Steela Creasy tweeted a pic of her completed postal ballot form.

I seem to remember the question of making ballot papers public cropped up a few days ago. Surely the principle of the secret ballot is that nobody is entitled to know how you vote. If somebody chooses to forgo that privacy, it's entirely up to them - otherwise answering a broadcaster's question "how will / did you vote?" would be illegal.
Yes, and the idea that an MP simply confirming that they are voting for themselves is somehow a crime and needs reporting to the police is pretty absurd.
TheGrimSqueaker
Speaker of the House

Eric_WLothian wrote:

Stella has screenprinted and posted a copy of the relevant regs and, effectively, told Reckless to do one. :fight:
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

BBC Breaking News @BBCBreaking
Tower Hamlets Mayor Lutfur Rahman found guilty of corrupt & illegal practices by judge in London http://bbc.in/1QmZZjX" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office. – Aesop
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

Eric_WLothian wrote:

AnatolyKasparov, what's the law regarding this issue, please? Or anyone else?
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

Mike Smithson ‏@MSmithsonPB 57 secs58 seconds ago
As well as the normal YouGov I'm expecting Survation/Mirror and at least one other national poll today.
We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office. – Aesop
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

ohsocynical wrote:BBC Breaking News @BBCBreaking
Tower Hamlets Mayor Lutfur Rahman found guilty of corrupt & illegal practices by judge in London http://bbc.in/1QmZZjX" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I'm sorry to read he's guilty of the charges. I'm very sorry.
TheGrimSqueaker
Speaker of the House

Comments are back on under the Blog. I suspect it may have been related to the Lutfur Rahman ruling which will have had the trolls throwing down their billy goats and scurrying to their PCs to pollute the threadgive us the benefit of their considerable wisdom.
refitman
Site Admin

Post by refitman »

citizenJA wrote:
RogerOThornhill wrote:
citizenJA wrote:I'm unable to find the comments under the blog or some articles. The Sparrow blog, for example, doesn't even give a total of comments. Are comments suspended intentionally? Does anyone know?
On one hand, I understand the Guardian is under no obligation to me or anyone to provide the platform for below the line commentary. On the other, I'm frustrated & angry it's been decided no one may read or post comments below the line at this point in the election campaign.
I think they just managed to break the site (again). Comments are back now.
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

citizenJA wrote:
ohsocynical wrote:BBC Breaking News @BBCBreaking
I'm sorry to read he's guilty of the charges. I'm very sorry.
And unseated as Mayor.
Eric_WLothian
Secretary of State

Post by Eric_WLothian »

citizenJA wrote:

I have a vague recollection that when the blog has fallen over in the past, the comments weren't restored until somebody contacted him - human error, rather than intentional. (but I could be wrong)!
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

Richard Mawrey QC ruled on the Rahman case.
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

refitman wrote:
citizenJA wrote:
RogerOThornhill wrote: Yeah, they've a few "PC gone mad" issues with ATL content and now comments currently suspended.
I think they just managed to break the site (again). Comments are back now.
I'm grieving over the Rahman case. I feel like all my energy just left me.
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

TheGrimSqueaker wrote:Comments are back on under the Blog. I suspect it may have been related to the Lutfur Rahman ruling which will have had the trolls throwing down their billy goats and scurrying to their PCs to pollute the threadgive us the benefit of their considerable wisdom.
Yes. It's clear now why it was done. I'm very sorry. I'm beside myself.
adam
First Secretary of State

Post by adam »

citizenJA wrote:
Eric_WLothian wrote:

AnatolyKasparov, what's the law regarding this issue, please? Or anyone else?
This comes up on the guardian liveblog on every election day when the mods are out in force deleting rockers comments. You are not allowed to publish information about how somebody has voted until polls have closed. I can't find chapter and verse on this but it's there somewhere because I'm sure I've found it before. Whether it follows that you're not allowed to publish how you've voted form the times postal voting opens I don't know but that would make sense.
I still believe in a town called Hope