sat 25 and sun 26 April

A home from home
Forum rules
Welcome to FTN. New posters are welcome to join the conversation. You can follow us on Twitter @FlythenestHaven You are responsible for the content you post. This is a public forum. Treat it as if you are speaking in a crowded room. Site admin and Moderators are volunteers who will respond as quickly as they are able to when made aware of any complaints. Please do not post copyrighted material without the original authors permission.
utopiandreams
Speaker of the House

Re: sat 25 and sun 26 April

Post by utopiandreams »

ohsocynical wrote:... Mediocrity has finally caught up with him.
True, ohsocynical, but at what cost to the country?
I would close my eyes if I couldn't dream.
ErnstRemarx
Secretary of State

Post by ErnstRemarx »

I'm sorry I've not been around for a while. I have some pressing issues that have detained me. Please bear with me and I will come as and when I can. I will probably lurk more than post for a while. Wish me well.
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

ErnstRemarx wrote:I'm sorry I've not been around for a while. I have some pressing issues that have detained me. Please bear with me and I will come as and when I can. I will probably lurk more than post for a while. Wish me well.
You're in my thoughts, comrade. Give my love to your family.
xx
cJA
onebuttonmonkey
Committee Chair

Post by onebuttonmonkey »

ErnstRemarx wrote:I'm sorry I've not been around for a while. I have some pressing issues that have detained me. Please bear with me and I will come as and when I can. I will probably lurk more than post for a while. Wish me well.
All the best, Ernst.
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

Nick Clegg’s rules on coalition-building are ‘absurd’, says constitutional expert
Lib Dem leader is wrong to question the legitimacy of a government formed by the second-largest party in parliament, says Professor Vernon Bogdanor

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/201 ... are_btn_tw
We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office. – Aesop
Spacedone
Whip

Post by Spacedone »

Chris Mason ‏@ChrisMasonBBC 24m24 minutes ago
BREAKING: Labour say rent increases in the private sector would be capped so that they couldn't rise by more than inflation.
Spacedone
Whip

Post by Spacedone »

Ed Miliband will end tax breaks for 'rip-off landlords' and cap rents to protect tenants
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/ed ... ks-5584072" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
AngryAsWell
Prime Minister

Post by AngryAsWell »

Spacedone wrote:
Chris Mason ‏@ChrisMasonBBC 24m24 minutes ago
BREAKING: Labour say rent increases in the private sector would be capped so that they couldn't rise by more than inflation.
See mine up there /|\
Its ending tax breaks for bad landlords as well :)
Spacedone
Whip

Post by Spacedone »

Dr Éoin Clarke ‏@LabourEoin 26 mins26 minutes ago

Labour Policies for Renters

Cap Rent hikes - inflation only
Tenant right to know last tenant's rent bill
Axe Tax Relief for Rogue Landlords
AngryAsWell
Prime Minister

Post by AngryAsWell »

Wishing you well. :heart:
Thinking of you.
Spacedone
Whip

Post by Spacedone »

That sound you can hear is David Cameron crying.
rearofthestore
Committee Member

Post by rearofthestore »

Third night on the run Labour lead by 2 on YouGov
Lord Ashcroft ‏@LordAshcroft 18s19 seconds ago
YouGov/SundayTimes poll LAB 34% CON 32% UKIP 14% LDEM 9% GRN 6%
ErnstRemarx
Secretary of State

Post by ErnstRemarx »

rearofthestore wrote:Third night on the run Labour lead by 2 on YouGov
Lord Ashcroft ‏@LordAshcroft 18s19 seconds ago
YouGov/SundayTimes poll LAB 34% CON 32% UKIP 14% LDEM 9% GRN 6%
Good.
AngryAsWell
Prime Minister

Post by AngryAsWell »

Battle for South Thanet: Police investigate after rosette ripped from Labour man in Broadstairs

Seems things are getting a tad nasty in Thanet

http://www.thanetgazette.co.uk/Battle-S ... story.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

utopiandreams wrote:
ohsocynical wrote:... Mediocrity has finally caught up with him.
True, ohsocynical, but at what cost to the country?

I dread to think.
AngryAsWell
Prime Minister

Post by AngryAsWell »

Reclaim Brixton march: Protesters smash up Foxtons shop front and storm Town Hall
http://www.standard.co.uk/news/london/r ... 03936.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

James Cropper ‏@JamesCropper95 · 5h5 hours ago
I was just thrown to the ground by police inside the station even after stating that I was press #reclaimbrixton

Bet its not on the news....
AngryAsWell
Prime Minister

Post by AngryAsWell »

John Mann @JohnMannMP
· 2h 2 hours ago
Serious allegations made to police over Bassetlaw UKIP nominations. Several people outraged that their signatures have been forged

John Mann @JohnMannMP
· 2h 2 hours ago
Locals whose signatures were forged demanding their names be removed from all documents falsely linking them to UKIP and demanding apology

John Mann @JohnMannMP
· 2h 2 hours ago
Extraordinary that names have been forged on UKIP nomination paper for Bassetlaw Council.

:?: :?:
Spacedone
Whip

Post by Spacedone »

:lol:
AngryAsWell
Prime Minister

Post by AngryAsWell »

I don't know if this is just sad, or very scary as well..

Ukip's youth wing: in quotes :

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politic ... uotes.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
rearofthestore
Committee Member

Post by rearofthestore »

Tonight's Mail on Sunday headline the most ludicrous yet
and again to cheer us up
Tim Shipman ‏@ShippersUnbound 3m3 minutes ago
First sign of proper Tory jitters this evening in Sunday Times. Two donors on the record denouncing the campaign, Cam and calling for Boris
AngryAsWell
Prime Minister

Post by AngryAsWell »

AngryAsWell wrote:Battle for South Thanet: Police investigate after rosette ripped from Labour man in Broadstairs

http://www.thanetgazette.co.uk/Battle-S ... story.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Seems they took a video and put it on FB - the comments must identify some of them?

Exposing UKIP IMP ‏@SLATUKIP · 2m2 minutes ago
Kent National Front threatening Labour canvassers in Broadstairs Kent " onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; …
Spacedone
Whip

Post by Spacedone »

AngryAsWell wrote:
AngryAsWell wrote:Battle for South Thanet: Police investigate after rosette ripped from Labour man in Broadstairs

Seems they took a video and put it on FB - the comments must identify some of them?

Kent National Front threatening Labour canvassers in Broadstairs Kent " onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; …
What a bunch of complete and utter losers.
AngryAsWell
Prime Minister

Post by AngryAsWell »

Tory Minister Eric Pickles compares Labour’s rent plans to bombing of cities
Eric Pickles
✔ ‎@EricPickles
Rent control appears to be the most efficient technique presently known to destroy a city except for bombing http://bit.ly/1z0Oc59" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; Lindbeck

http://labourlist.org/2015/04/tory-mini ... of-cities/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
frightful_oik
Whip

Post by frightful_oik »

Apparently Theresa May has said that a Lab SNP government would be worst crisis since abdication. As someone on UKPR was saying, 'You would think WW2 would be in with a shout.'
Shake your chains to earth like dew
Which in sleep had fallen on you-
Ye are many - they are few."
frightful_oik
Whip

Post by frightful_oik »

Just had a look at the Survation tabs. They've got Lab ahead in the north this time. But behind in London and Wales! File under bollocks.
Shake your chains to earth like dew
Which in sleep had fallen on you-
Ye are many - they are few."
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

Spacedone wrote:
AngryAsWell wrote:

What a bunch of complete and utter losers.
I think this is what I blame the Conservatives for more than anything else. They've unleashed the ugly side of our country and are willing to do anything, even tie up with UKIP to stay in power.

I do try not to hate because it brings you down to their level, but I can't stop myself. I hope they rot in hell for what they've done.
AngryAsWell
Prime Minister

Post by AngryAsWell »

EXCLUSIVE: Tory council candidate: I’d never support ‘the Jew’ Miliband

http://www.jewishnews.co.uk/exclusive-t ... -miliband/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

AngryAsWell wrote:EXCLUSIVE: Tory council candidate: I’d never support ‘the Jew’ Miliband

http://www.jewishnews.co.uk/exclusive-t ... -miliband/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
What are these people on? Ohso's right, it's the vileness that these people take as normal, and go on to stir up amongst the rest of us that's so profoundly sickening.
LET'S FACE IT I'M JUST 'KIN' SEETHIN'
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

goodnight
love
cJA
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

AngryAsWell wrote:Tory Minister Eric Pickles compares Labour’s rent plans to bombing of cities
Eric Pickles
✔ ‎@EricPickles
Rent control appears to be the most efficient technique presently known to destroy a city except for bombing http://bit.ly/1z0Oc59" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; Lindbeck

http://labourlist.org/2015/04/tory-mini ... of-cities/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Jesus Christ. Suddenly we've got the abdication which took place in the thirties, and now WW2 bombing.

Some jumped up know nothing Spad has come up with the idea that WW2 was when we Brits saw the danger and really pulled together.

Snag is the silly sod has forgotten Conservatives represent what we fought against.
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

Post by RogerOThornhill »

rearofthestore wrote:Tonight's Mail on Sunday headline the most ludicrous yet
and again to cheer us up
Tim Shipman ‏@ShippersUnbound 3m3 minutes ago
First sign of proper Tory jitters this evening in Sunday Times. Two donors on the record denouncing the campaign, Cam and calling for Boris
Love the sub-headline...English voters would not accept the legitimacy of an alliance.

As someone pointed out...

Mike H 1 ‏@MikeHannity 58m58 minutes ago
@hendopolis 2014 "Please stay dear Scots we need you." 2015 "Not voting for us? Piss off jocks!" #desperation of the Westminster club :)

Well quite.
If I'm not here, then I'll be in the library. Or the other library.
AngryAsWell
Prime Minister

Post by AngryAsWell »

Email from Labour
This is what we've achieved together this week:
•In the past 48 hours, a Labour supporter donated once every 20 seconds to our election campaign.
•Together, 9,914 of you helped to raise £225,376 for our field campaign.
And with your help...
•This weekend, we'll have twice as many people out volunteering as last week (more than 8,000 of us!) -- who'll be armed with Vote Labour stickers, leaflets, clipboards, and posters, thanks to your donations.
•Our campaign is now able to have 53 conversations with voters per minute, every day. This relates to one conversation every four seconds in our battleground seats.
•We're closing in on our target of four million conversations, which we're going to smash in the next few days.
This is the effect your contributions are having where it matters the most. Thank you, from everyone at the Labour Party, for your generosity.
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

YouGov/Sunday Times – CON 32%, LAB 34%, LDEM 9%, UKIP 14%, GRN 6%
Opinium/Observer – CON 34%, LAB 33%, LDEM 9%, UKIP 13%, GRN 6% (tabs)
Survation/Mail on Sunday – CON 33%, LAB 30%, LDEM 9%, UKIP 18%, GRN 4% (tabs)

Not sure how these compare to others?
AngryAsWell
Prime Minister

Post by AngryAsWell »

tinyclanger2 wrote:YouGov/Sunday Times – CON 32%, LAB 34%, LDEM 9%, UKIP 14%, GRN 6%
Opinium/Observer – CON 34%, LAB 33%, LDEM 9%, UKIP 13%, GRN 6% (tabs)
Survation/Mail on Sunday – CON 33%, LAB 30%, LDEM 9%, UKIP 18%, GRN 4% (tabs)

Not sure how these compare to others?
I really truly don't bother about the polls now, they are fixed.
Simples.

Night all :)
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Tim Shipman ‏@ShippersUnbound 1h1 hour ago
Third donor: "Everyone knows what is going to happen in 10 days’ time. If Dave doesn’t make it we’ll get rid of him.”

2010 Tories looking for a “clean skin” think Dominic Raab could run an “insurgent” campaign emphasising social mobility.

MPs received calls last week on behalf of Andrea Leadsom, who is attracting leadership backing from eurosceptic donors.

Ministers & MPs have urged Nicky Morgan to run as a modernising candidate who can appeal to non Tories. See SundayTimes

Several ministers have been sounding out colleagues about leadership bids this week. See Sunday Times.Tim Shipman ‏@ShippersUnbound 1h1 hour ago
Fmr Tory minister: "There won’t be a coronation. There will be nearly as many entries as the grand national, with a similar casualty rate”

Tory official sounded out at least two other donors about Cameron stepping aside after polling day so Boris could fight a second election.

Tory donor H.Osmond on Boris "If there's going to be a new leader of the Tory party if they don’t win you’d really have to give Boris a go"Tim Shipman ‏@ShippersUnbound 1h1 hour ago

Tory donor Hugh Osmond on leadership: "I don’t really know what they believe. They are masters of expediency rather than genuine belief.”

Tory donor Hugh Osmond: "I don’t find either of the campaigns the slightest bit inspiring. They are utterly cynical"

Tory donor Hugh Osmond, who leads private equity firm Sun Capital partners: “What would a Cameron UK really look like? I’ve just no idea."

Tory donor Peter Hall on Boris: "He does have an emotional connection with the public at large. They do sense his Churchillian spirit"
Jitters - what jitters? They're all pulling together for the country and Dave ... my arse.
Working on the wild side.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

‘Disgraceful’ Tory attacks on the SNP are endangering union, say top Lib Dems
Attempts to woo Ukip voters by demonising Scottish nationalists will backfire, say Danny Alexander and David Steel

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/201 ... avid-steel" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Have they had their hands over their ears when Nick Clegg has been speaking?

How on earth have they got the nerve to come out with this when the leader of their party has all but declared the SNP not fit to play a part in government ....?

This election campaign has become like political hysteria ... politicians relentlessly screaming at us from their separate rooms, not caring that their supposed pals are screaming an opposing mantra.
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

'Yes, I know,' he shrugs, acknowledging the apparent contradiction, 'I've spent my whole political life fighting the Conservatives.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... z3YMZEJHLc" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Claims Vince Cable.
LadyCentauria
Speaker of the House
Location: Set within 3,500 acres of leafy public land in SW London

Post by LadyCentauria »

All the best to you, Ernst. :heart: :hug:
This time, I'm gonna be stronger I'm not giving in...
Hobiejoe
Minister of State

Post by Hobiejoe »

At the risk of sounding flippant, I'd like to say "good evening all".

Good evening all.

Maintaining the laser-focus on politics that I'm renowned for, and using the statistically and empirically bomb-proof technique of Listening To People In My Pub, I can report that Dave has indeed made a connection with the ordinary voter with his devotion to the game with the round ball. Just not the connection he was hoping for.

Even his most diligent apologist had nothing. People, generally of a C/conservative persuasion, who hadn't heard the story (more, I've no doubt, than if Ed had made the same gaffe. Sorry about the grammar - I boldly introduced Sprog 1 to the original Star Trek last night) were openly laughing.

As I mentioned obliquely last night when talking about a wager on a Labour majority in amongst the rest of my tittle-tattle, the feeling that the background sussuration on social media, the hedging of bets in the the BBC as, perhaps, they'll take Pascal's wager, is all in Labour's favour, but this is just gut-instinct conjecture with a provenance as sound as a prediction of the date of "crossover" from the lately lamented NickyB.

*edited* It's late, I've been here since midday, and buggerit. There's an " 'll " added, and a couple of other nips'n'tucks. Hope my brackets are up to snuff.
Last edited by Hobiejoe on Sun 26 Apr, 2015 12:26 am, edited 2 times in total.
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

Post by RogerOThornhill »

Re the Mail on Sunday headline.

Laura McInerney
‏@miss_mcinerney
Was pondering this just the other day: what does a constitutional crisis actually involve? Is it just a lot of tutting?

:D
If I'm not here, then I'll be in the library. Or the other library.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Hobiejoe wrote:At the risk of sounding flippant, I'd like to say "good evening all".

Good evening all.

Maintaining the laser-focus on politics that I'm renowned for, and using the statistically and empirically bomb-proof technique of Listening To People In My Pub, I can report that Dave has indeed made a connection with the ordinary voter with his devotion to the game with the round ball. Just not the connection he was hoping for.

Even his most diligent apologist had nothing. People, generally of a C/conservative persuasion, who hadn't heard the story (more, I've no doubt, than if Ed had made the same gaffe. Sorry about the grammar - I boldly introduced Sprog 1 to the original Star Trek last night) were openly laughing.

As I mentioned obliquely last night when talking about a wager on a Labour majority in amongst the rest of my tittle-tattle, the feeling that the background sussuration on social media, the hedging of bets in the the BBC as, perhaps, they'll take Pascal's wager, is all in Labour's favour, but this is just gut-instinct conjecture with a provenance as sound as a prediction of the date of "crossover" from the lately lamented NickyB.

*edited* It's late, I've been here since midday, and buggerit. There's an " 'll " added, and a couple of other nips'n'tucks. Hope my brackets are up to snuff.
Sounds like a jolly atmosphere in the pub tonight then. At least you've got one thing to thank and remember Cameron for ...

Hope your gut instincts are proven right. And just to let you know your renowned 'laser-focus on politics' is always welcomed by me especially when it's based on listening to people - or music even.
Tizme1
Minister of State

Post by Tizme1 »

LadyCentauria wrote:
Hello all.

Firstly - best wishes to you Ernst. Thinking of you.

Thank you LadyC for your responses to my comments last night. With regards copyright etc, it's not an area I know a great deal about but I understand that at times, the current laws work against the artist and in favour of large corporations. Broadly speaking, it's that which the Green Party want to address. As I said, it's not in the manifesto because there is so much more work to be done first to make sure we get it right.

Thanks also for your other comments. With hindsight, I think it was just an unfortunate coincidence of timing. I don't actually have any problem with going 'off topic'. On the contrary, I think it helps to keep forums more 'real' and civilised. I have known, seen, and indeed been subject to, some horrific 'trolling' in the past so anything that keeps things 'civilised' is vital imo.

As to football - my dears, it is a matter of life and death! Well, at least while the match is being played. I've been a gooner since I was about 8. Well, I think I'm a gooner. Could be Brentford I guess............ Meanwhile, having lived here for many years now, I do keep a 'fond eye' on how Watford are doing so of course today was a good day. Well except in political terms it will help the Dotty Mare's campaign.

Anyway, I was focussing on various campaign things earlier and deliberately ignoring social media and news outlets so I could deal with some quite tricky problems. Having done the necessary 'trouble shooting', I started checking news etc and saw the Daily Mail headline. Seriously? Have I slipped suddenly into some totally dystopian alternative universe? It will be worse than Hitler and WW2 if we don't *ahem* democratically elect the government that Dacre and co desire? What frigging planet are these people on? Worse still, what frigging planet are the people who intend to vote Tory on? I don't mean the '1%' - I mean the ordinary people who will vote Tory. The Turkeys voting for..............
Although it is not true that all conservatives are stupid people, it is true that most stupid people are conservative.
Hobiejoe
Minister of State

Post by Hobiejoe »

Was just deciding what to watch on iPlayer with my supper, and saw HIGNFY. So in this time of scrupulous balance, the chair is Stephen Mangan, public school, Cambridge, with professional poshboy Miles Jupp, and journalist Camilla Long, who is not posh at all, no sirree. In fact it's PC gone mad that the BBC should invite someone on a show solely because of their plebian background to make up the numbers.

Tut.

Looks like it's Masterchef again.
Hobiejoe
Minister of State

Post by Hobiejoe »

Oh bloody hell, sorry Tizme, I've cross-posted again! It's not deliberate, it's the way it goes.

I'll talk some more shortly - got supper cooking
Last edited by Hobiejoe on Sun 26 Apr, 2015 1:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tizme1
Minister of State

Post by Tizme1 »

Tizme1 wrote:
LadyCentauria wrote:
Hello all.

Firstly - best wishes to you Ernst. Thinking of you.

Thank you LadyC for your responses to my comments last night. With regards copyright etc, it's not an area I know a great deal about but I understand that at times, the current laws work against the artist and in favour of large corporations. Broadly speaking, it's that which the Green Party want to address. As I said, it's not in the manifesto because there is so much more work to be done first to make sure we get it right.

Thanks also for your other comments. With hindsight, I think it was just an unfortunate coincidence of timing. I don't actually have any problem with going 'off topic'. On the contrary, I think it helps to keep forums more 'real' and civilised. I have known, seen, and indeed been subject to, some horrific 'trolling' in the past so anything that keeps things 'civilised' is vital imo.

As to football - my dears, it is a matter of life and death! Well, at least while the match is being played. I've been a gooner since I was about 8. Well, I think I'm a gooner. Could be Brentford I guess............ Meanwhile, having lived here for many years now, I do keep a 'fond eye' on how Watford are doing so of course today was a good day. Well except in political terms it will help the Dotty Mare's campaign.

Anyway, I was focussing on various campaign things earlier and deliberately ignoring social media and news outlets so I could deal with some quite tricky problems. Having done the necessary 'trouble shooting', I started checking news etc and saw the Daily Mail headline. Seriously? Have I slipped suddenly into some totally dystopian alternative universe? It will be worse than Hitler and WW2 if we don't *ahem* democratically elect the government that Dacre and co desire? What frigging planet are these people on? Worse still, what frigging planet are the people who intend to vote Tory on? I don't mean the '1%' - I mean the ordinary people who will vote Tory. The Turkeys voting for..............
Just to clarify - I mean I have known, seen, and been subject to trolling elsewhere, not on here.
Although it is not true that all conservatives are stupid people, it is true that most stupid people are conservative.
Tizme1
Minister of State

Post by Tizme1 »

Hobiejoe wrote:Oh bloody hell, sorry Tizme, I've cross-posted again! It's not deliberate, it's the way it goes.

*chuckle*

No worries Hobiejoe. Supper. Hmm - just realised I haven't actually eaten since two slices of toast this morning. Care to share? :o
Hobiejoe
Minister of State

Post by Hobiejoe »

Tizme1 wrote:
Hobiejoe wrote:Oh bloody hell, sorry Tizme, I've cross-posted again! It's not deliberate, it's the way it goes.

*chuckle*

No worries Hobiejoe. Supper. Hmm - just realised I haven't actually eaten since two slices of toast this morning. Care to share? :o
I would, gladly, but I'm going to take a stab in the dark and guess that you may well be vegetarian. My supper involves a beef jus (posh stock cubes) that we've bubbled for five days. I would say that although very meaty, we do use local suppliers, and use every bit to make stuff that would ordinarily be sold by some ghastly multinational (probably Nestle or some arm of it) so yeah, tricky argument to make, but we do what we do.
Tizme1
Minister of State

Post by Tizme1 »

Hobiejoe wrote:
Tizme1 wrote:

*chuckle*

I would, gladly, but I'm going to take a stab in the dark and guess that you may well be vegetarian. My supper involves a beef jus (posh stock cubes) that we've bubbled for five days. I would say that although very meaty, we do use local suppliers, and use every bit to make stuff that would ordinarily be sold by some ghastly multinational (probably Nestle or some arm of it) so yeah, tricky argument to make, but we do what we do.
Actually that sounds lovely. I'm not vegetarian. I do eat a lot of vegetarian food, and a lot of fish or sea food. And that's mostly what I cook. But, I enjoy a meat dish now and then. You'll no doubt be surprised to know that I don't knit spaghetti or hug trees [often] either. ;)
refitman
Site Admin

Post by refitman »

Tizme1 wrote:
Hobiejoe wrote:
Tizme1 wrote: *chuckle*

Actually that sounds lovely. I'm not vegetarian. I do eat a lot of vegetarian food, and a lot of fish or sea food. And that's mostly what I cook. But, I enjoy a meat dish now and then. You'll no doubt be surprised to know that I don't knit spaghetti or hug trees [often] either. ;)
Ah, but do you knit trees and hug spaghetti? 'Cause that would be really impressive.
Tizme1
Minister of State

Post by Tizme1 »

refitman wrote:
Tizme1 wrote:
Hobiejoe wrote: I would, gladly, but I'm going to take a stab in the dark and guess that you may well be vegetarian. My supper involves a beef jus (posh stock cubes) that we've bubbled for five days. I would say that although very meaty, we do use local suppliers, and use every bit to make stuff that would ordinarily be sold by some ghastly multinational (probably Nestle or some arm of it) so yeah, tricky argument to make, but we do what we do.
Ah, but do you knit trees and hug spaghetti? 'Cause that would be really impressive.
Yes. But only when I'm drinking yoghurt, wearing sandals, and living in a yurt.