sat 25 and sun 26 April

A home from home
Forum rules
Welcome to FTN. New posters are welcome to join the conversation. You can follow us on Twitter @FlythenestHaven You are responsible for the content you post. This is a public forum. Treat it as if you are speaking in a crowded room. Site admin and Moderators are volunteers who will respond as quickly as they are able to when made aware of any complaints. Please do not post copyrighted material without the original authors permission.
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Re: sat 25 and sun 26 April

Post by citizenJA »

Goodnight.
love,
cJA
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

Post by RogerOThornhill »

ohsocynical wrote:Mark Ferguson ‏@Markfergusonuk 3 hrs3 hours ago

Tories briefing out “small business letter” that’s basically a petition that they’ve had on their website for weeks.

https://www.conservatives.com/businessletter" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Oh dear, what does it say at the bottom of that petition?
Your responses and contact details are used in accordance with our Data Collection and Use policy. By clicking "submit" you agree to your responses and email address being used in accordance with that policy. We will not share your details with anyone outside the Conservative Party.
Oops.

There may be trouble ahead...
If I'm not here, then I'll be in the library. Or the other library.
Tubby Isaacs
Prime Minister

Post by Tubby Isaacs »

Those details are presumably the email addresses, aren't they?
Eric_WLothian
Secretary of State

Post by Eric_WLothian »

tinyclanger2 wrote:
It is only Labour that can stop the Tories being the largest party in parliament. It is only Labour that can stop another Tory Government. And with the polls neck-and-neck in England, if Scotland votes Labour we will get rid of the Tories.
http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/polit ... ce-5589072" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;?
From the article:
IN less than a week’s time, Scotland faces a choice between two different paths. And we should be in no doubt that those two paths lead towards two very different futures.
Must be Ed's cunning plan to confuse the SNP voters. Secret emails will be sent to all Labour voters, telling them to turn up a week later.
Last edited by Eric_WLothian on Mon 27 Apr, 2015 12:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

Post by RogerOThornhill »

Tubby Isaacs wrote:Those details are presumably the email addresses, aren't they?
You could be right but it doesn't say that.
If I'm not here, then I'll be in the library. Or the other library.
refitman
Site Admin

Post by refitman »

citizenJA wrote:Goodnight.
love,
cJA
Night cJA.
adam
First Secretary of State

Post by adam »

Tubby Isaacs wrote:
adam wrote:
Tubby Isaacs wrote:
A 4 way marginal would be very interesting indeed!
Norwich South last time kind of was - it was one of the Green's three significant targets but they still came fourth. Although the lib dem vote is going to disappear and the tories only seemed higher because Labour's vote was at an all time low.

Anyone (except Anatoly who will definitely know this) name the three seats south of the 'wash to english channel' line outside London that Labour won in '83? Clue - Norwich South is one of them.
Ipswich? Thurrock? Southampton Itchen?
Nope. Nope. Nope. Ipswich and Thurrock were tory gains from labour in 87.
I still believe in a town called Hope
Tubby Isaacs
Prime Minister

Post by Tubby Isaacs »

Yes, I know. Labour won them in 1983.

Bristol South was Labour in 1983 and 1987. Oxford East Labour in 1987, but not 1983.
adam
First Secretary of State

Post by adam »

Tubby Isaacs wrote:Yes, I know. Labour won them in 1983.

Bristol South was Labour in 1983 and 1987. Oxford East Labour in 1987, but not 1983.
Yep. Bristol South, Oxford East and Norwich South were, I think, the only three Labour seats in the south outside of London in 87. (Utterly meaningless trivia that I picked up because I went to UEA and got involve with Norwich Labour Party in 1987, although I lived in Norwich North which stayed tory until 1997)
I still believe in a town called Hope
diGriz
Committee Chair

Post by diGriz »

citizenJA wrote:
TechnicalEphemera wrote:
ohsocynical wrote:
Bloody hell!!!! :clap: :dance:
Courtesy of Smithson.

https://mobile.twitter.com/MSmithsonPB/ ... 90/photo/1

However I am not convinced this sort of thing is a vote winner. Most people don't actually want a new city dumped right next to them and I worry about environmental impacts. Plus there are a whole load of people with a vested interest in keeping house prices high (they are called the majority of the electorate). Also thanks to George (help to buy) Osborne if house prices drop we will have negative equity and the state will be liable for the loss on any repossessions.

Not saying we don't need houses but this probably won't be that popular electorally.
A massive home building project will solve serious problems. It's a good thing for Labour to do this.
It is a very good policy all round. The knock on effect of those homes being furnished and VAT taken etc... It will stimulate the economy, if the homes are there to buy.
LadyCentauria
Speaker of the House
Location: Set within 3,500 acres of leafy public land in SW London

Post by LadyCentauria »

AngryAsWell wrote:
ohsocynical wrote:
AngryAsWell wrote: Its a very big deal check out Sunny Hundal " onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; for full details, more than just building...
That's also going to create a lot and I mean a lot of jobs which in turn will put money straight back into the economy plus widen the market for all the companies that make house building supplies.

Can't be bad....
Its a lot of white goods, electrical goods, curtains, carpets, paint & wallpaper not to mention boilers & radiators as well :dance:
And, hopefully, stacks of insulation (wool, straw, cob, etc.,*) ground-source heating, solar water- and power-panels, all feeding into reliable Tesla home-battery-systems, and all leading to lower bills for the inhabitants, better energy security and lower carbon emissions for the whole country.

I really hope that the recently-relaxed building codes for low-energy homes will be re-instated, along with the 'lifetime homes' standards, plus the proportions of properly-affordable rents, sales, and properly-affordable social-rent 'dwellings' that have also been (disgracefully) allowed to lapse. Let's not have any more 'green-wash', let's have green (or 'Eco') from the ground up!

And, let's build garden-hamlets and villages along with the garden-towns and cities.

*Can you recycle used polystyrene packaging into 'new' insulation panels? I think it should be possible but I don't know whether or not it's being done. Genuine question.
This time, I'm gonna be stronger I'm not giving in...