sat 25 and sun 26 April

A home from home
Forum rules
Welcome to FTN. New posters are welcome to join the conversation. You can follow us on Twitter @FlythenestHaven You are responsible for the content you post. This is a public forum. Treat it as if you are speaking in a crowded room. Site admin and Moderators are volunteers who will respond as quickly as they are able to when made aware of any complaints. Please do not post copyrighted material without the original authors permission.
yahyah
Prime Minister

Re: sat 25 and sun 26 April

Post by yahyah »

Tizme1 wrote:Afternoon all,

I thought I'd share a couple of links from the local paper with you. The first is so typical of both the Lib dems and Labour here in Watford. Every election, regardless at what level has a spate of these silly squabbles between the two. Neither party seem to realise that it actually turns the 'floating voters' off both of them. *sigh*

http://www.watfordobserver.co.uk/news/1 ... _leaflets/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

As to the second article - I can only ask wtf is the Dotty Mare on?

http://www.watfordobserver.co.uk/news/1 ... one_visit/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Come and live in Wales Tisme.
There are regular spats between Greens & Plaid despite all the girly huggie stuff for the cameras between Wood & Bennett.
It got to handbags stage late last year between some. But I suppose we only notice what goes on in our own areas, for obvious reasons.
ephemerid
Speaker of the House

Post by ephemerid »

I'm having no problems with the site - but also remain ever grateful for it and those who do all the work to keep it going.

Meanwhile, on Twitter - new hashtag doing the rounds - #ToryMusicals.

"help!" obviously.

And my favourite - "Bringing In The Pain".

Rather than the sublime Gene Kelly singing and dancing and leaping about full of joie de vivre, I'm seeing IDS snarling at people while he announces yet another cull of those he deems unworthy of the help they need.
"Poverty is the worst form of violence" - Mahatma Gandhi
yahyah
Prime Minister

Post by yahyah »

We had a trip down to Kidwelly castle earlier in the week, and on the journey I noticed far fewer election posters than in 2010, particularly less Lib Dem ones.

Going through one small village in Carmarthenshire there were a number of Welsh Nat posters, and one lone house with UKIP up in the window and front door.
On the journey home, seeing the gable end of the house, the Kipper's big poster had been torn down, leaving paper edges only. The battle of the Nats obviously, Welsh outrage at English nationalism in their midst.

But where the UKIP poster had been, against the cream wall paint, the Kipper had spray painted 'Vote UKIP' in huge black letters. Determined indeed to spread the word.
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

According to the G blog, the Tories have run out of talent.

Hands up anyone who's surprised.
LET'S FACE IT I'M JUST 'KIN' SEETHIN'
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

General Election ‏@UKELECTIONS2015 16 mins16 minutes ago
Latest #GE2015 Prediction from Electoral Calculus

#LABOUR 284
#CONSERVATIVE 277
#SNP 47
#LIBDEM 18
OTHERS 24

http://ukgeneralelection2015.blogspot.c ... ction.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; …
We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office. – Aesop
ephemerid
Speaker of the House

Post by ephemerid »

yahyah wrote:

I thought I'd share a couple of links from the local paper with you. The first is so typical of both the Lib dems and Labour here in Watford. Every election, regardless at what level has a spate of these silly squabbles between the two. Neither party seem to realise that it actually turns the 'floating voters' off both of them. *sigh*

http://www.watfordobserver.co.uk/news/1 ... _leaflets/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.watfordobserver.co.uk/news/1 ... one_visit/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

There are regular spats between Greens & Plaid despite all the girly huggie stuff for the cameras between Wood & Bennett.
It got to handbags stage late last year between some. But I suppose we only notice what goes on in our own areas, for obvious reasons.

Pippa Bartolotti is evidently bonkers.

Her performance on the Welsh leaders' debate was astonishing.

As for Plaid - some good ideas but their leader is not realistic.

"Woody Two Shoes" we calls her in our 'ouse....
ephemerid
Speaker of the House

Post by ephemerid »

tinyclanger2 wrote:According to the G blog, the Tories have run out of talent.

"Run out"??????

What the *uckety *uck????

That implies they actually had any to start with....

To be fair, Grieve is an intelligent and moderate man. Clarke likewise, like him or not.

Of course, the reason why Cameron got rid of people with good brains and political experience, promoting the likes of Truss and McVey instead, is because they make him look clever when he is just a lazy lightweight.
yahyah
Prime Minister

Post by yahyah »

ephemerid wrote:
yahyah wrote:

Woody Two Shoes, I'm going to pinch that.
In our house we call Bartolotti 'One Jag' because of the gas guzzling car she used to drive.

Seriously though, when I was disenchanted with Labour I flirted with Plaid and thought Wood was A Good Thing at first.
Ieuan Wyn Jones was a very dignified, intelligent leader, and worked pretty well in coalition with Labour.

But watching Wood in the last year, she lacks intellect, and is rather embarrassing really.
That almost winking at the camera stuff comes across as tacky.

&, our local Plaid councillor [who I voted for :oops:] moaned to us about two hundred new jobs at a meat processing plant because they would be going to Eastern Europeans. Not a lot different from UKIP really.
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

ephemerid wrote:
tinyclanger2 wrote:According to the G blog, the Tories have run out of talent.

"Run out"??????

What the *uckety *uck????

That implies they actually had any to start with....

To be fair, Grieve is an intelligent and moderate man. Clarke likewise, like him or not.

Of course, the reason why Cameron got rid of people with good brains and political experience, promoting the likes of Truss and McVey instead, is because they make him look clever when he is just a lazy lightweight.
Or told him something he didn't want to hear.
Tizme1
Minister of State

Post by Tizme1 »

refitman wrote:

The first one is pretty depressing. The 2nd... words fail.
Depressing indeed. You'll probably all say "well she would say that" but our Green ppc is really good. There have been quite a few hustings - a number of which have been 'special interest' groups. Aidan was really strong in almost all of them and understood the issues far more than the other candidates. His strength was focussing on the concerns - not playing party politics. And boy did he focus. So much so that at three of them, after the event was over, he was asked back to give a talk after the election. They like what he had to say.

If the Labour candidate was anywhere near as good, he'd be a dead cert in Watford. Sadly, he does OK at the hustings but what comes across is yet another cardboard cut out career politician in a suit. Harrington is presenting himself as a 'wet' Tory most of the time. Avoids trashing his opponents, compliments them on occasion, and is clearly trying to distance himself from the Tory campaign. The Dotty Mare is trying to trade on her position as Mayor but actually she lacks knowledge on many of the subjects raised.
Although it is not true that all conservatives are stupid people, it is true that most stupid people are conservative.
ephemerid
Speaker of the House

Post by ephemerid »

Yahyah - feel free to pinch it. It's all this sweetness and light (and, indeed, the winking) that pisses me off.

I'm aware that she got a lot of admiration for her put-down of Farage when he he was on about people with HIV coming here etc.....but we often watch FM's questions and she comes across as really strident but without much of an argument a lot of time.

And in other news, for your delectation -

Ian Brady, mass murderer of small children. has been writing his letters again. He has opined therein that if he could vote, he'd vote UKIP.

I have absolutely no doubt that Mr.Fromage and that nice Rozanne Duncan will be well chuffed. We can't have all those AIDS patients in our coutry and we can't have people with facial features that dear Rozanne has issues with, but lunatic child-killers? Yay!

To be fair, I don't think Farage has commented yet.

Personally, I am of the opinion that prisoners should be allowed to vote. But there are one or two who shouldn't have a say on anything ever.
Brady is one of them.
Tizme1
Minister of State

Post by Tizme1 »

yahyah wrote:

Be careful what you wish for yahyah. In March, I may have to sell my home. I've known this for some time and have been saying for a long time now that if it comes to having to sell up here, and if there is a Tory government, then I'd move to Wales! :o
Although it is not true that all conservatives are stupid people, it is true that most stupid people are conservative.
utopiandreams
Speaker of the House

Post by utopiandreams »

ephemerid wrote:I'm having no problems with the site - but also remain ever grateful for it and those who do all the work to keep it going.

Meanwhile, on Twitter - new hashtag doing the rounds - #ToryMusicals.

"help!" obviously.

And my favourite - "Bringing In The Pain".

Rather than the sublime Gene Kelly singing and dancing and leaping about full of joie de vivre, I'm seeing IDS snarling at people while he announces yet another cull of those he deems unworthy of the help they need.
Funnily enough, ephemerid, I had progressed with my Britain's Got Talent yesterday and started to think along the lines of Britain's Got Great Talent but had moved on from musical stuff to an anthology or medley of good old British sitcoms. I was having difficulty with the casting so gave up. Besides my 2 year old granddaughter got me onto chalk, coloured sticky tape and water, much more interesting stuff. For what it's worth, here is as far as I got.

Jacob Rees Mogg and Anna Soubry were to star as the Leadbetters from The Good Life with Boris and Fabricant as Steptoe & Son. Liam Fox wanted Adam Werritty to play Rodney to his Del Boy; Grayling wanted to be the Governor in Porridge. IDS had wanted the part but was cast instead as the Labour Exchange guy in Some Mothers Do 'Ave 'Em.

Esther and Nadine insisted they were the Liver Birds and when Edwina got wind of it she put herself forward as The Mistress, another of Carla Lane's creations. There were far too many applicants for The New Statesman but Dave immediately dismissed it as a documentary.
I would close my eyes if I couldn't dream.
Tizme1
Minister of State

Post by Tizme1 »

ephemerid wrote:
yahyah wrote:

Given my comments in my response to yahyah, maybe if I do land up Wales I could stage a coup? ;)
yahyah
Prime Minister

Post by yahyah »

Tizme1 wrote:
yahyah wrote:

Be careful what you wish for yahyah. In March, I may have to sell my home. I've known this for some time and have been saying for a long time now that if it comes to having to sell up here, and if there is a Tory government, then I'd move to Wales! :o
You'd be very welcome, honestly. :D
There's a big permaculture following & other eco type projects round here, and houses and land are comparatively cheap so the good life is easy to obtain, if a little rain sodden sometimes.

I suspect if we met in the real world we'd get on.
I'm not as fierce as I may seem.
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Post by AnatolyKasparov »

Tizme1 wrote:
refitman wrote:

The first one is pretty depressing. The 2nd... words fail.
Depressing indeed. You'll probably all say "well she would say that" but our Green ppc is really good. There have been quite a few hustings - a number of which have been 'special interest' groups. Aidan was really strong in almost all of them and understood the issues far more than the other candidates. His strength was focussing on the concerns - not playing party politics. And boy did he focus. So much so that at three of them, after the event was over, he was asked back to give a talk after the election. They like what he had to say.

If the Labour candidate was anywhere near as good, he'd be a dead cert in Watford. Sadly, he does OK at the hustings but what comes across is yet another cardboard cut out career politician in a suit. Harrington is presenting himself as a 'wet' Tory most of the time. Avoids trashing his opponents, compliments them on occasion, and is clearly trying to distance himself from the Tory campaign. The Dotty Mare is trying to trade on her position as Mayor but actually she lacks knowledge on many of the subjects raised.
Have predicted a Tory hold in Watford as likeliest for a while now - not totally awful as it will hurt the local LibDems revolting sense of entitlement yet again :D

In the longer term though I am convinced it is steadily moving away from the Tory demographic (in contrast to most of Herts) Labour pick a good candidate in 2020 and it could be theirs :)
"IS TONTY BLAIR BEHIND THIS???!!!!111???!!!"
letsskiptotheleft
Home Secretary

Post by letsskiptotheleft »

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/201 ... e-election" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

More Osborne bollocks, bad enough pitting region against region, now it's city against city.

Kick the bastards out!
yahyah
Prime Minister

Post by yahyah »

letsskiptotheleft wrote:http://www.theguardian.com/politics/201 ... e-election

More Osborne bollocks, bad enough pitting region against region, now it's city against city.

Kick the bastards out!

That's the spirit Letsskip :fight:

Think we will do it, maybe by a hair's breadth but just enough.
AngryAsWell
Prime Minister

Post by AngryAsWell »

Nice......

"Cut aid to foreign 'freaks' says Ukip candidate during school election debate"

http://www.salisburyjournal.co.uk/news/ ... ref=twtrec" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Tubby Isaacs
Prime Minister

Post by Tubby Isaacs »

letsskiptotheleft wrote:http://www.theguardian.com/politics/201 ... e-election

Kick the bastards out!
It's bad enough Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland competing on who can hand out the most free money to big businesses, without English cities joining in the race to the bottom.
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

Goodnight, everyone.
tinybgoat
Speaker of the House

Post by tinybgoat »

AngryAsWell wrote:Iain Duncan Smith: Ed Miliband 'hates marriage'
Ed Miliband “hate[s] marriage” because he only wedded his wife in 2011, according to Iain Duncan Smith.

https://www.politicshome.com/party-poli ... s-marriage" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

This is really really desperate stuff now. :lol:
He shouldn't base everything on his own experience.
If I was I.D.S's wife i'd have taken a lot less than 4 years to start hating marriage.
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

PorFavor wrote:Goodnight, everyone.
Goodnight, PF.
AngryAsWell
Prime Minister

Post by AngryAsWell »

Just found #ToryMusicals

https://twitter.com/hashtag/ToryMusicals?src=hash" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

:lol: :lol:
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Just back from another canvassing session. From our small - nay tiny - sample of households today I can report no great liking of the Tories - more quite a few undecided voters whose only firm statement was that they would definitely not be voting Tory, absolutely no way. That's not the best outcome - but it's OK. Cameron is loathed - I heard him called arrogant, out of touch, only in it for himself and rich people.

I can also report there is still a visceral hatred of Tony Blair and what New Labour became ... and quite a lot of distrust that the party has really moved on under Ed Miliband. I had several conversations about that today - mostly with older couples who had been staunchly Labour before. What people most seem to care about is that someone won't blindly follow party whips - that they will properly represent the area that voted them in - and that they care passionately about Pembrokeshire.

Although it was sunny it was also pretty damn chilly in the wind so there was no repeat of the 'I was looking through the letterbox to make sure the leaflet had got through and she was coming back indoors from sunbathing in the garden, just pulling up and fastening her bikini top' that I heard last time I was out ...

Oh ... and not a single person mentioned the SNP - not one.
Working on the wild side.
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

Britain Elects ‏@britainelects 7 hrs7 hours ago
Voting intention of women (ComRes | 22 - 23 Apr):
LAB - 38%
CON - 33%
UKIP - 11%
LDEM - 8%
GRN - 4%
http://www.comres.co.uk/polls/sunday-mi ... -of-women/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; …
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

PorFavor wrote:Goodnight, everyone.

Night PF :)
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

Ballot Blogs ‏@BallotBlogs 1 hr1 hour ago
YouGov/Sunday Times poll today:

CON 32%
LAB 34%
LIB 9%
UKIP 14%
GRN 6%
#GE2015
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Dr. Brian May ‏@DrBrianMay 6h6 hours ago
Try clicking on #WorstCrisisSinceTheAbdication - it's a laugh. The Daily Mail really became a joke for all time at this moment. Bri
StephenDolan
First Secretary of State

Post by StephenDolan »

Starting to get really peeved by Sturgeon and her puffed up opinion of herself and the SNP.
"i suspect Ed Miliband will change his tune when the votes are cast".

Are they really going to sabotage a Queens Speech unless there's a proper confidence and supply deal?
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

Post by RogerOThornhill »

rebeccariots2 wrote:
Dr. Brian May ‏@DrBrianMay 6h6 hours ago
Try clicking on #WorstCrisisSinceTheAbdication - it's a laugh. The Daily Mail really became a joke for all time at this moment. Bri

John David Blake @johndavidblake · 11h 11 hours ago
John David Blake retweeted Jess Brammar
Total no. of people for whom the abdication was a crisis: about 15 & one of them was Archbishop of Canterbury.
If I'm not here, then I'll be in the library. Or the other library.
Eric_WLothian
Secretary of State

Post by Eric_WLothian »

StephenDolan wrote:Starting to get really peeved by Sturgeon and her puffed up opinion of herself and the SNP.

Are they really going to sabotage a Queens Speech unless there's a proper confidence and supply deal?
Actually, part of me says 'Bring it on' - it would do them no good whatsoever to side with the Tories!
They have to get a significant number of seats first, though - and I'm still not convinced they will do as well as they think they will.
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

King George V had severe reservations about Prince Edward, saying, "I pray God that my eldest son will never marry and that nothing will come between Bertie and Lilibet and the throne."
OK - it's wikipedia but still: suggests the abdication was more a constitutional godsend than a crisis.
Tubby Isaacs
Prime Minister

Post by Tubby Isaacs »

Eric_WLothian wrote:
StephenDolan wrote:Starting to get really peeved by Sturgeon and her puffed up opinion of herself and the SNP.

Actually, part of me says 'Bring it on' - it would do them no good whatsoever to side with the Tories!
They have to get a significant number of seats first, though - and I'm still not convinced they will do as well as they think they will.
The Cybernats aren't happy.

Amazing that Miliband with something like 5-6 times the MPs she'll get should be so bold, isn't it?
StephenDolan
First Secretary of State

Post by StephenDolan »

Caught up with Miliband and Johnson on Marr. That's one confident party leader. Come on weather, be a fine sunny polling day.

Anyone any idea regarding my previous question of what typically happens regarding those living in retirement homes when it comes to polling day?
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

I too wish this political party leader would maintain more of a dignified & responsible disengagement from 'what-if-ery' & pointless sniping at this juncture. I'd say the same of any political party leader.
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

JamesBanton ‏@james_banton 2m2 minutes ago
Just made a brew with cold water #WorstCrisisSinceTheAbdication
Been there. SO ANNOYING when you do that. (especially given the forthcoming tea shortage)
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Exeter Green Party ‏@exetergreens Apr 25
We're appalled to learn @BenPBradshaw is knocking on doors of those displaying #Greens posters urging them to vote Labour. #scaretactic

Russell Roe ‏@Russ_95 22h22 hours ago
@exetergreens @BenPBradshaw I'm a Green supporter, but you're wrong on this. This is a democracy, and parties can campaign where they wish.

Ben Bradshaw retweeted
David Trigger ‏@DavidLTrigger 1h1 hour ago
@Russ_95 @exetergreens @BenPBradshaw I lived with parents we all voted for different parties so ben is correct you can never assume
I use my judgement when facing such conundrums and choices ... today I saw a house which had a Green party poster in every window ... I decided that wasn't particularly promising and left it alone. However, another door I knocked on (mistakenly as it wasn't on our list but I didn't find that out until reporting back) was opened by a woman I recognised from a mutual acquaintance who said she was thinking of voting Green ... and we had a very pleasant chat and she will probably vote Labour this time around as she really wants to see the Conservative MP out of Pembrokeshire. She was coming at this from having looked at policies of the various parties on the internet.
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

StephenDolan wrote:Caught up with Miliband and Johnson on Marr. That's one confident party leader. Come on weather, be a fine sunny polling day.

Anyone any idea regarding my previous question of what typically happens regarding those living in retirement homes when it comes to polling day?
From an article five days old, stashed away on a page I can never seem to locate when perusing the Guardian since they've gone beta:
"Citizens UK – a nationwide alliance of 450 organisations[ http://www.citizensuk.org/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ], from faith groups and residents’ associations to schools, universities and trade unions is best known for its campaign to get employers to pay a living wage. It has been working with care and other community groups on a series of voter registration drives ahead of this week’s deadline. It is part of a broader campaign to ensure that the views of care home residents are heard by politicians bombarded by competing calls on resources."

http://www.theguardian.com/society/2015 ... itics-vote" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The Citizens UK webiste looks interesting. I hope this is helpful, StephenDolan, I'd meant to do more as your question was an excellent one.
StephenDolan
First Secretary of State

Post by StephenDolan »

rebeccariots2 wrote:
We're appalled to learn @BenPBradshaw is knocking on doors of those displaying #Greens posters urging them to vote Labour. #scaretactic

@exetergreens @BenPBradshaw I'm a Green supporter, but you're wrong on this. This is a democracy, and parties can campaign where they wish.

Ben Bradshaw retweeted
@Russ_95 @exetergreens @BenPBradshaw I lived with parents we all voted for different parties so ben is correct you can never assume
I use my judgement when facing such conundrums and choices ... today I saw a house which had a Green party poster in every window ... I decided that wasn't particularly promising and left it alone. However, another door I knocked on (mistakenly as it wasn't on our list but I didn't find that out until reporting back) was opened by a woman I recognised from a mutual acquaintance who said she was thinking of voting Green ... and we had a very pleasant chat and she will probably vote Labour this time around as she really wants to see the Conservative MP out of Pembrokeshire. She was coming at this from having looked at policies of the various parties on the internet.
They're "appalled"? JFC, get your head out from up your own asses.
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

StephenDolan wrote:Caught up with Miliband and Johnson on Marr. That's one confident party leader. Come on weather, be a fine sunny polling day.

Not yet.
Eric_WLothian
Secretary of State

Post by Eric_WLothian »

Tubby Isaacs wrote:
Eric_WLothian wrote:

The Cybernats aren't happy.

Amazing that Miliband with something like 5-6 times the MPs she'll get should be so bold, isn't it?
Scotland will have 59 voices in the UK Parliament. What the SNP leadership fail to grasp is that all those voices will (or should) be representing the UK constituencies which voted them in - Scotland does not have some sort of block vote in Westminster.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

It varies considerably I think. We've got prior permission from some wardens / managers of sheltered housing to go in and knock on individual doors ... and some people have gone and asked if they can leave information with managers of nursing homes or go around with a manager etc. I think it's thought to be worthwhile to support people living in these situations getting a postal vote where they want to. But I'm guessing it's very much up to different campaign organisers and the various home set ups what arrangements are put in place - if any.
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

From the same article in the G:
Sporting a rosette declaring “older people deserve a voice’” at her care home in Oxford, she is clear about the value of giving a voice to older people in danger of being excluded from the democratic process. “Life still goes on when you live in a residential home but it’s easy to drift into a kind of isolation because certain things are taken care of for you,” explains Philbin, who is among more than 100 staff and residents who have got involved with the charity’s voter registration campaign.

It has covered registering for postal votes, arranging transport on polling day and training ‘champions’ in ways of engaging residents in the electoral process.

An arrangement with the Electoral Commission has allowed residents and employees to register directly from the trust’s website.
(my bold)
Actually, the article I've posted isn't satisfactory.
Only a passing reference to one Oxfordshire care home champion 'arranging transport on polling day'.
diGriz
Committee Chair

Post by diGriz »

tinyclanger2 wrote:
Been there. SO ANNOYING when you do that. (especially given the forthcoming tea shortage)
I did the same at work the other day with coffee. Used the last of the milk too. Didn't check the wall switch and made use of the time while it was 'boiling'.
onebuttonmonkey
Committee Chair

Post by onebuttonmonkey »

Guess what? Old Boris has responded wonderfully to his besting on Marr with this little gem:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politic ... -bomb.html

To recap, then: this morning, the Mail and May saying that an SNP/Labour coalition is a worse constitutional threat than Hitler. Tonight, the Telegraph and Johnson saying Miliband could be more destructive to our cities than a bomb.

Excuse the swears but, What the Actual Fuck? Really? Words fail.
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

ohsocynical wrote:

Not yet.
There's nothing nationally coordinated to make sure people in care homes or assisted living homes are taken to vote if they require assistance, is there? That's not good.
AngryAsWell
Prime Minister

Post by AngryAsWell »

StephenDolan wrote:
rebeccariots2 wrote:

Ben Bradshaw retweeted
They're "appalled"? JFC, get your head out from up your own asses.
They also seem to think its "intimidating" FFS. Obviously don't understand either democracy or the fact that households don't vote "on block".

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
diGriz
Committee Chair

Post by diGriz »

onebuttonmonkey wrote:Guess what? Old Boris has responded wonderfully to his besting on Marr with this little gem:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politic ... -bomb.html

To recap, then: this morning, the Mail and May saying that an SNP/Labour coalition is a worse constitutional threat than Hitler. Tonight, the Telegraph and Johnson saying Miliband could be more destructive to our cities than a bomb.

Excuse the swears but, What the Actual Fuck? Really? Words fail.
The tories do seem to enjoy making some sort of 'gains' by making light of knife crime and bombings etc.

I do wonder what victims of this sort of horrific damage and trauma think when they hear such things.
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

Post by RogerOThornhill »

tinyclanger2 wrote:
Even worse is when you pour a cup from the teapot and notice that you didn't have any tea leaves in it...

#WorstCrisisSinceTheAbdication
If I'm not here, then I'll be in the library. Or the other library.