Tuesday 28th April 2015

A home from home
Forum rules
Welcome to FTN. New posters are welcome to join the conversation. You can follow us on Twitter @FlythenestHaven You are responsible for the content you post. This is a public forum. Treat it as if you are speaking in a crowded room. Site admin and Moderators are volunteers who will respond as quickly as they are able to when made aware of any complaints. Please do not post copyrighted material without the original authors permission.
rearofthestore
Committee Member

Re: Tuesday 28th April 2015

Post by rearofthestore »

Labour back in the lead with YouGov
Lord Ashcroft ‏@LordAshcroft 4m4 minutes ago
YouGov/Sun poll LAB 35% CON 34% UKIP 12% LDEM 9% GRN 4%
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

The entire article is good, in my opinion. I've only posted the last paragraph below.
Cameron knows the risks of nationalism – but doesn’t care if he splits the country
Rafael Behr

"It represents the right not to have to choose sides – a right that nationalism always eventually denies. English nationalism has the potential to inflict that choice on many more people, and is all the more dangerous as a result. I might forgive Cameron if I thought he didn’t understand this. It frightens me that he doesn’t seem to care."

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfre ... -grievance" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

AngryAsWell wrote:
citizenJA wrote:
AngryAsWell wrote:More of that nice SNP party

claire robertson
‏@clairerobsc1 @Harryslaststand @blairmcdougall we still have to live your nearly in a wooden overcoat you old fart

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
It's been removed at this time. The link goes to a ?
Try this one ? link in Harry's post

Night all :)
I've got it! Thank you, AAW. Goodnight. :rock:
diGriz
Committee Chair

Post by diGriz »

From the G.
Labour’s Keith Vaz has been disturbing the peace in his target constituency Leicester East. Tory rivals have lodged a formal complaint to the council over his use of a loud-hailer during his election campaign.
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

diGriz wrote:From the G.
Labour’s Keith Vaz has been disturbing the peace in his target constituency Leicester East. Tory rivals have lodged a formal complaint to the council over his use of a loud-hailer during his election campaign.
Loud-hailers aren't allowed? Finest campaigning tool ever made.
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

Good-night
love
cJA
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

Post by RogerOThornhill »

I see The Times is leading on a tax story which, after reading it becomes slightly less toxic.

Labour chief given £1.5m shares from tax haven
Labour’s fiercest critic of tax avoidance and “secretive” offshore funds has received more than £1.5 million in shares from the tax haven of Liechtenstein. The money came through a controversial scheme that lets wealthy Britons move undeclared assets back to the UK without facing criminal action. Margaret Hodge, who made her name taking on tax avoiders as head of the public accounts committee, was among the beneficiaries in 2011 of the winding-up of a Liechtenstein trust that held shares in the private steel-trading business set up by her father. The Times has discovered that just under 96,000 Stemcor shares handed to Ms Hodge in 2011 came from the tiny principality, which is renowned for low tax rates. Three quarters of the shares in the family’s…
Right.

I also note that the idiot Toady Young calls her a hypocrite.

Tell me again what did she do?

Oh, she received something set up by her father. Maybe if she'd then placed in an offshore trust they might have a point unless of course they're accusing her of advising her old man to do this.

:toss:
If I'm not here, then I'll be in the library. Or the other library.
Tubby Isaacs
Prime Minister

Post by Tubby Isaacs »

citizenJA wrote:
AngryAsWell wrote:
citizenJA wrote:It's been removed at this time. The link goes to a ?
Try this one ? link in Harry's post

Night all :)
I've got it! Thank you, AAW. Goodnight. :rock:
Night all! That same Cybernatter was offensive the other day, I think. About the girl on the TV who was nice about Jim Murphy.
Tubby Isaacs
Prime Minister

Post by Tubby Isaacs »

RogerOThornhill wrote:I see The Times is leading on a tax story which, after reading it becomes slightly less toxic.

Labour chief given £1.5m shares from tax haven
Labour’s fiercest critic of tax avoidance and “secretive” offshore funds has received more than £1.5 million in shares from the tax haven of Liechtenstein. The money came through a controversial scheme that lets wealthy Britons move undeclared assets back to the UK without facing criminal action. Margaret Hodge, who made her name taking on tax avoiders as head of the public accounts committee, was among the beneficiaries in 2011 of the winding-up of a Liechtenstein trust that held shares in the private steel-trading business set up by her father. The Times has discovered that just under 96,000 Stemcor shares handed to Ms Hodge in 2011 came from the tiny principality, which is renowned for low tax rates. Three quarters of the shares in the family’s…
Right.

I also note that the idiot Toady Young calls her a hypocrite.

Tell me again what did she do?

Oh, she received something set up by her father. Maybe if she'd then placed in an offshore trust they might have a point unless of course they're accusing her of advising her old man to do this.

:toss:
What's that bit about undeclared assets?

She did, I presume, declare them?
TechnicalEphemera
Speaker of the House

Post by TechnicalEphemera »

rearofthestore wrote:Labour back in the lead with YouGov
Lord Ashcroft ‏@LordAshcroft 4m4 minutes ago
YouGov/Sun poll LAB 35% CON 34% UKIP 12% LDEM 9% GRN 4%
Very happy to see that, suggests slight Tory advances yesterday were statistical variation rather than a trend.
Release the Guardvarks.
seeingclearly
Speaker of the House

Post by seeingclearly »

rebeccariots2 wrote:
SpinningHugo wrote:Ed the story

i am not quite sure it is wholly accurate to only describe the author of the State in Capitalist Society as a removals man.
:D He says something like 'he was a removals man by day', doesn't he?

Anyway it's a good broadcast - got a touch of the West Wings about it ... - well made and keeps you watching all the way through. Maybe this is the touch of Axelrod in evidence.

This dropped onto my social media earlier and was getting good response, many surprised at how ok he seemed, a few milifans, but mainly very positive, though you cannot escape kippers anywhere, they seemed to get siloed into sub conversations where they were roundly demolished.
LadyCentauria
Speaker of the House
Location: Set within 3,500 acres of leafy public land in SW London

Post by LadyCentauria »

Tubby Isaacs wrote:Good from Tristram Hunt. Putting universities back in charge of teacher training.

https://www.tes.co.uk/news/school-news/ ... ool-direct" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
That does sound like good news. Let's hope that the OU might be able to get its PGCE course back in place, too.
This time, I'm gonna be stronger I'm not giving in...