Wednesday 29th April 2015

A home from home
Forum rules
Welcome to FTN. New posters are welcome to join the conversation. You can follow us on Twitter @FlythenestHaven You are responsible for the content you post. This is a public forum. Treat it as if you are speaking in a crowded room. Site admin and Moderators are volunteers who will respond as quickly as they are able to when made aware of any complaints. Please do not post copyrighted material without the original authors permission.
Tubby Isaacs
Prime Minister

Re: Wednesday 29th April 2015

Post by Tubby Isaacs »

letsskiptotheleft wrote: I do hope you are right, not too worried about Wales either, I can see Williams holding on in B&R, doubtful the Tories will make gains, Cardiff North is gone for them, praying we are in with a good shout in the Vale, Aberconwy and down west too.
New Statesman's prediction has Bebb winning but by much reduced margin. Cairns hardly losing support at all.

http://may2015.com/category/seat-calculator/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Bexhill High School: Multi-million pound investment in 'education pods' ends in failure
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/educa ... rnalSearch" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It was, parents, pupils and the watching world were told, incredibly exciting stuff.

Bexhill High School in Sussex was moving onwards and upwards, into newly built premises aimed at “transforming the learning agenda”.

No more would the pupils be stuck in fuddy-duddy “classrooms”. They would enjoy the splendour of “education pods” containing 90 students and a team of teachers.

Based on the Scandinavian models of studying, this was open-plan learning. This was the future, and all for just £38m – most of it from central government via the Building Schools for the Future (BSF) investment programme and a further £4m from East Sussex County Council.
It sounds and the picture looks like my idea of hell - utter hell.
On 27 April, the parents and 1,200 pupils of what is now Bexhill High Academy were being told of more “very exciting” news: the Department for Education has awarded £6m for a rebuild of the new build.

The money will allow the academy in East Sussex to try something radically different from the old radically different idea. “We are getting back to traditional classrooms,” said new principal Heidi Brown.

As one parent branded the £44m total outlay “farcical”, Ms Brown insisted the latest £6m would reverse a decline which saw the school placed in special measures in April 2013 and its sponsor, Prospects Academies Trust, fold in May 2014.
Working on the wild side.
letsskiptotheleft
Home Secretary

Post by letsskiptotheleft »

''It's all a bit worrying and exciting at the same time''.

Think that about sums it up, though I can do with a lot less worrying.
Tubby Isaacs
Prime Minister

Post by Tubby Isaacs »

Another no-show.

Jack Jones ‏@UNITE_Jack 6m6 minutes ago
Tory Craig Whitaker too gutless to attend hustings tonight in hebden bridge - knows he will be called to account for his homophobia
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Tubby Isaacs wrote:Another no-show.

Jack Jones ‏@UNITE_Jack 6m6 minutes ago
Tory Craig Whitaker too gutless to attend hustings tonight in hebden bridge - knows he will be called to account for his homophobia
Just shows how important a strong leader is, eh? Cameron's chicken virus is spreading like wildfire amongst the Tory party ... must be incredibly contagious, or a weakness they are particularly susceptible to.
letsskiptotheleft
Home Secretary

That has to be one of the messiest graphs imaginable, gives me brain-ache.

Cairns hardly losing support is mind-blowingly depressing, he's our Charlotte Leslie.
letsskiptotheleft
Home Secretary

The lovely Carwyn is meeting up with the lovely Ed on Friday I believe, Cardiff the venue I believe.

Though I hope it is down Pembs or Carmarthenshire?
Tubby Isaacs
Prime Minister

Post by Tubby Isaacs »

letsskiptotheleft wrote:The lovely Carwyn is meeting up with the lovely Ed on Friday I believe, Cardiff the venue I believe.

Good that this can happen in Wales without a load of clowns shouting "branch office" or "come to lecture us from London?"
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Tubby Isaacs wrote:
letsskiptotheleft wrote:The lovely Carwyn is meeting up with the lovely Ed on Friday I believe, Cardiff the venue I believe.

Good that this can happen in Wales without a load of clowns shouting "branch office" or "come to lecture us from London?"
Leanne Wood called Welsh Labour a branch office in her interview on Radio 4 today ... it's ruled from Westminster apparently, doesn't have Wales' best interests at its heart.
diGriz
Committee Chair

Post by diGriz »

The New Statesman's election endorsement: why it has to be Labour
http://www.newstatesman.com/politics/20 ... -be-labour
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Patrick O'Flynn retweeted
Suzanne Evans ‏@SuzanneEvans1 12h12 hours ago
It was the case that a new home needed to be built every 7 mins to accommodate migrants. Now it's one every 4 mins: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
:wall:

And I try not to use the 'strong' emoticons habitually.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Mark Ferguson @Markfergusonuk · 5h 5 hours ago
Rocket booster >> Snooker champion Ronnie O’Sullivan endorses Sheffield Hallam candidate Oliver Coppard http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/LabourLi ... 6xEMsEtjA/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; …
Oh, I say.
letsskiptotheleft
Home Secretary

rebeccariots2 wrote:
Tubby Isaacs wrote:

Leanne Wood called Welsh Labour a branch office in her interview on Radio 4 today ... it's ruled from Westminster apparently, doesn't have Wales' best interests at its heart.

Which proves what a bloody cloth eared fool Leanne Woods is, constantly trying to be Wales's answer to Nicola Sturgeon and only succeeding in making an idiot of herself, so she told Farage he should be ashamed of himself, anyone of us could have done the same.

Voice of Wales my arse. Carwyn Jones is the equal of any shadow or government cabinet member.
letsskiptotheleft
Home Secretary

ohsocynical wrote:
Mike Fraser retweeted
NumbrCrunchrPolitics ‏@NCPoliticsUK 27 mins27 minutes ago

Some very heavy hints being dropped about tomorrow's Ipsos MORI/Standard poll - language suggests a shift towards the Tories
Sorry LetsSkip :zen:

I have 4 12 hour shifts coming up Ohso, turn off the "cloud" and ignorance will be bliss.. :?
Tubby Isaacs
Prime Minister

Post by Tubby Isaacs »

Wood says "Cardiff" as though it's impossibly distant.

I prefer Plaid to the SNP, but she's acting silly.

Where does she want devolution to? Welsh councils?!
Tubby Isaacs
Prime Minister

Post by Tubby Isaacs »

michelle maher ‏@mmaher70 11h11 hours ago Brighton, England
All welfare & disabled ministers cancelled talks
Esther McVey
Iain Duncan Smith
Mark Harper
All pulled out of events
Tory lies/spin
#GE2015
letsskiptotheleft
Home Secretary

http://www.classicfm.com/radio/aod/?epi ... 158981e812" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Ignore the fact that Ferrari is doing the interviewing this is a very personal interview from Miliband, though I have only got a 1/3 through it..
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

The Conservatives’ internal ambition is to retain 300 seats, and that the Lib Dems retain over 25, allowing the current coalition to continue into a second parliament. At this point, with eight days to go until polling day, something dramatic will need to happen to achieve that ambition. On today’s Nowcast numbers, a Labour/SNP block would command a majority in the House of Commons (328), while the Conservatives and Liberal Democrats would fall well short (296) even with support from DUP and/or UKIP.

Whether or not the Conservatives edge ahead of Labour in seats, the overall arithmetic is plain. David Cameron's hopes of remaining prime minister need to be pinned on a perfect recipe of a strong incumbency factor, a unexpectedly prevalent 'shy Tory' factor and a significant late campaign swing. On today's data, in the race to Number 10, Ed Miliband is in the stronger position.

https://yougov.co.uk/news/2015/04/29/Wi ... e-mountai/
This is a bit better LetsSkip :D
We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office. – Aesop
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

David Cameron: it's time for Tory campaign to let rip in final week
Prime minister acknowledges voters are hesitant about voting Conservative but says he is turning up the dial: ‘I think we will get there’

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/201 ... servatives" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Gird your loins, people.

goodnight
love
cJA
letsskiptotheleft
Home Secretary

Cameron reckons it's "time to let rip" cue a load of jokes about farting, flatulence and shit..

Sums up their whole campaign.
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

Post by RogerOThornhill »

diGriz wrote: The New Statesman's election endorsement: why it has to be Labour
I posted this over at AS when it said there was a grudging endorsement of Labour.
It's actually not that surprising given its editor's likely for sniping at Miliband from the pages of the Daily Mail.

this was back in January.

Isolated. Indecisive. The haunted look of defeat. Why even Ed Balls has all but given up on Ed Miliband: A devastating critique by editor of the Left's in-house bible

I would regard anyone on the left writing for that nasty piece of right wing filth as a traitor.
If I'm not here, then I'll be in the library. Or the other library.
SpinningHugo
Prime Minister

Post by SpinningHugo »

diGriz wrote: The New Statesman's election endorsement: why it has to be Labour

That is a bollocks endorsement.

Fools.

There are times and places to be critical. Not now.
AngryAsWell
Prime Minister

Post by AngryAsWell »

Looks like the Guardian will be going for Con/Dems.
The Conservatives have received praise from 90 tech entrepreneurs, who have written to the Guardian to say it would be bad for jobs, growth and innovation to “change course”. The company executives, who endorsed the Conservative-led government for supporting the tech industry, include Brent Hoberman, a co-founder of Lastminute.com and Made.com as well as a non-executive at Guardian Media Group; Andrew Fisher, executive chairman of Shazam; and Tim Steiner, chief executive and co-founder of Ocado.

Other signatories include David Cameron’s digital adviser and Tory peer, Baroness Joanna Shields; Alex Chesterman, chief executive and co-founder of Zoopla; and Holly Tucker, founder and president of Notonthehighstreet.

I am so depressed I cant do anything, I'm just playing stupid FB games all day. :cry:
TechnicalEphemera
Speaker of the House

Post by TechnicalEphemera »

In my view tech companies are usually run by immoral money grabbing tossers, so a Tory endorsement is hardly a shock.

Rich bastards endorse the party of rich bastards.

A non exec director doesn't count. The Guardian will endorse Labour, especially given how dirty Cameron has played.
Release the Guardvarks.
letsskiptotheleft
Home Secretary

Before I go to bed, has anyone seen tomorrow's Scottish Scum, my earlier point being reinforced, not that many nats will be too bothered about a Scum endorsement.
diGriz
Committee Chair

Post by diGriz »

Something to try a cheer a few up. The last one is a belter if you know the show.

14 Photos Of British Politicians Improved By “Game Of Thrones” Quotes
http://www.buzzfeed.com/robinedds/an-el ... chZrLWvyEj
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

Sunny Hundal ‏@sunny_hundal 56 mins56 minutes ago
One week to go until election, YouGov on where we stand:

Labour 276 seats
Tories 272
SNP 48
Lib Dems 24
UKIP 3 https://yougov.co.uk/news/2015/04/29/Wi ... e-mountai/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; …
Tubby Isaacs
Prime Minister

Post by Tubby Isaacs »

Mike Smithson ‏@MSmithsonPB 46s46 seconds ago
ComRes/Nail
Con 35% (-1) Lab 35% (+3) Lib 7% (-1) UKIP 11% (+1) Green 6% (+1)
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

Seen it all now...

Scottish Sun - vote SNP!

The Sun - vote Tory...Reason 2...Stop the SNP running the country

I know they have different editors but that is utterly cynical.

Labour better win and wipe the smile off Murdoch's face.
letsskiptotheleft
Home Secretary

RogerOThornhill wrote:Seen it all now...

Scottish Sun - vote SNP!

I want death to wipe the smile off Murdoch's face.

If that sounds callous, tough!
TheGrimSqueaker
Speaker of the House

Post by TheGrimSqueaker »

ohsocynical wrote:Sunny Hundal ‏@sunny_hundal 56 mins56 minutes ago

Labour 276 seats
Tories 272
SNP 48
Lib Dems 24
UKIP 3 https://yougov.co.uk/news/2015/04/29/Wi ... e-mountai/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; …
And then factor in those 50 seats Mike Smithson was talking about. And Sheffield Hallam. And Wirral West. And ..... well, I'm sure you all get my point, what the opinion polls show are votes being stacked up in the safe seats, they don't reflect all those close battles in the marginals, all the work being done by thousands of volunteers. I'm not saying the polls are wrong necessarily, I'm just saying that the picture they paint is made with too broad a brush - I always did prefer da Vinci to Pollock!!

And with that burst of unwarranted optimism I bid you all a good night.
COWER BRIEF MORTALS. HO. HO. HO.
TechnicalEphemera
Speaker of the House

Scottish Sun - vote SNP!

Tory newspaper endorses proxy Tory party shocker.

Although also the Scottish Sun wouldn't endorse anybody other than the SNP given Murdochs policy of endorsing winners.
Release the Guardvarks.
diGriz
Committee Chair

Post by diGriz »

Tomorrow’s Guardian splash reveals the Tories are planning to slash £8bn in benefits

— Neil Henderson (@hendopolis)
April 29, 2015

GUARDIAN: Revealed - Tory plan to slash £8bn benefits #tomorrowspaperstoday #BBCPapers pic.twitter.com/edSSXA9Oty
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

diGriz wrote:
Tomorrow’s Guardian splash reveals the Tories are planning to slash £8bn in benefits

April 29, 2015

GUARDIAN: Revealed - Tory plan to slash £8bn benefits #tomorrowspaperstoday #BBCPapers pic.twitter.com/edSSXA9Oty
Sounds like Alexander knows he won't be voted back in and has nothing to lose by doing this. I really can't see how the LibDems can support the Tories and I said that a few weeks ago.
TechnicalEphemera
Speaker of the House

TheGrimSqueaker wrote:
ohsocynical wrote:Sunny Hundal ‏@sunny_hundal 56 mins56 minutes ago

Labour 276 seats
Tories 272
SNP 48
Lib Dems 24
And then factor in those 50 seats Mike Smithson was talking about. And Sheffield Hallam. And Wirral West. And ..... well, I'm sure you all get my point, what the opinion polls show are votes being stacked up in the safe seats, they don't reflect all those close battles in the marginals, all the work being done by thousands of volunteers. I'm not saying the polls are wrong necessarily, I'm just saying that the picture they paint is made with too broad a brush - I always did prefer da Vinci to Pollock!!

And with that burst of unwarranted optimism I bid you all a good night.
It will come down to who wants it more and whether Labour's ground game can deliver (in short whether the Guardians of Democracy, those on here fighting in the front lines in England and Wales, can prevail against the hordes of darkness).

Meanwhile those who can afford money but not time, send cash. Those who can't manage either, try subtle mind games on soft Tory voters. Maybe they will suddenly get struck by lightning (which would be ideal), or failing that realise what a shower of shit the modern Tory party have become.

I hope Labour will keep attacking on tax credits and NHS and services. People scared of losing something will vote.
Release the Guardvarks.
Tubby Isaacs
Prime Minister

Post by Tubby Isaacs »

RobertSnozers wrote:
letsskiptotheleft wrote:

Scottish Sun - vote SNP!

I want death to wipe the smile off Murdoch's face.

If that sounds callous, tough!
I want him to know he has failed and his empire is crumbling to ash and his vision has been rejected before he dies. I want him to croak, peacefully, at home, surrounded by his loving family, but knowing in his shrivelled heart that everything he did in his business life has been for nothing.

He hasn't failed.

He and the Tories are very close to getting what they want- SNP in Scotland, Tories running the rest.
Tubby Isaacs
Prime Minister

Post by Tubby Isaacs »

Mike Smithson ‏@MSmithsonPB 18s18 seconds ago
ComRes Mail/ITV poll ENGLAND ONLY
CON 36
LAB 36
LD 8
UKIP 12
GN 6
A 5.7% CON to LAB swing since GE10
Tubby Isaacs
Prime Minister

Post by Tubby Isaacs »

Mike Smithson ‏@MSmithsonPB 7s8 seconds ago
CON 1 ahead with YouGov
CON 35%, LAB 34%, LD 9%, UKIP 12%, GRN 4
rearofthestore
Committee Member

Post by rearofthestore »

Tubby Isaacs wrote:
CON 36
LAB 36
LD 8
UKIP 12
GN 6
Smithson puts it bluntly
Mike Smithson ‏@MSmithsonPB 53s54 seconds ago
In England 533 seats at GE10 CON had 11.4% lead over LAB.Tonight that is down to zero which could have serious seat implications.
Tubby Isaacs
Prime Minister

Post by Tubby Isaacs »

RogerOThornhill wrote:
diGriz wrote:

April 29, 2015

Sounds like Alexander knows he won't be voted back in and has nothing to lose by doing this. I really can't see how the LibDems can support the Tories and I said that a few weeks ago.
Clegg wins, they support the Tories, surely?
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

Danny Alexander exposes 'secret' Tory plans for £8bn in welfare cuts

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/201 ... are_btn_tw
Dear God if they do this it will mean even more children in poverty....
TechnicalEphemera
Speaker of the House

18m18 minutes ago
Mike Smithson ‏@MSmithsonPB
73% of LAB voters tell ComRes that they've definitely made up their minds compared with 65% of CON ones.
So, I think this is unusual, and I think it tells us that Labour are slightly on the front foot in this election. Now I just wonder if that slight softness in the con vote might translate to a slight drop in turnout for them.

The Standard has clearly got a good Tory poll tomorrow, but MORI don't have a great reputation and YouGov/ComRes aren't showing a swing.
Release the Guardvarks.
Tubby Isaacs
Prime Minister

Post by Tubby Isaacs »

Just as the Race Relations Act was cheered by black muggers and pimps, I suppose.
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

rearofthestore wrote:
Tubby Isaacs wrote:
CON 36
LAB 36
LD 8
UKIP 12
GN 6
Smithson puts it bluntly
Mike Smithson ‏@MSmithsonPB 53s54 seconds ago
In England 533 seats at GE10 CON had 11.4% lead over LAB.Tonight that is down to zero which could have serious seat implications.
The Conservatives’ internal ambition is to retain 300 seats, and that the Lib Dems retain over 25, allowing the current coalition to continue into a second parliament. At this point, with eight days to go until polling day, something dramatic will need to happen to achieve that ambition. On today’s Nowcast numbers, a Labour/SNP block would command a majority in the House of Commons (328), while the Conservatives and Liberal Democrats would fall well short (296) even with support from DUP and/or UKIP.

I'm setting my hopes on this for a while. Until the next panicky moment.
TechnicalEphemera
Speaker of the House

Tubby Isaacs wrote:Image

Just as the Race Relations Act was cheered by black muggers and pimps, I suppose.
I think that is racist, it links criminal activity with being Islamic.

Hopefully somebody will report that to the police.
Release the Guardvarks.
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

As GE gets nearer I've decided I'll take whatever mixture of parties can be cobbled together, just as long as the Tories are out and Dave slinks out of Downing st with his tail between his legs.
TechnicalEphemera
Speaker of the House

ohsocynical wrote:
Danny Alexander exposes 'secret' Tory plans for £8bn in welfare cuts

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/201 ... are_btn_tw
Dear God if they do this it will mean even more children in poverty....

More to the point Danny Alexander has gone rogue. He has strapped on his six guns, loaded up on leaked documents and come out shooting.

"If I am going down Osborne, I'm taking you lot with me. Eat treasury memos you bastards."

(Voiced in a slightly squeaky Scottish manner)
Release the Guardvarks.
rearofthestore
Committee Member

Post by rearofthestore »

Tubby Isaacs wrote:Mike Smithson ‏@MSmithsonPB 46s46 seconds ago
ComRes/Nail
Con 35% (-1) Lab 35% (+3) Lib 7% (-1) UKIP 11% (+1) Green 6% (+1)
Despite the fact the poll is better than last week its still garbage
Scotland LAB 33% SNP 32% (no even in my wildest dream)
Total voting intention based on a weighted sample of just 682
CON 235 LAB 236
Before final adjustment Lab ahead by 3%
Ignore just a much as last weeks IMO
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

Eh?

Sometimes the DT is utterly baffling...
BBC accused of bias as Tories outnumbered two-to-one in Question Time debate audience

Election 2015: Up to two thirds of the programme's audience will be left wing, with 25 per cent each for Labour, the Conservatives and the Liberal Democrats
That's the Liberal Democrats that have just finished 5 years coalition with the Tories?

:roll:
adam
First Secretary of State

Post by adam »

ephemerid wrote:I have a dilemma if the Tories get in again.

I can't turn to drink because I'm in recovery.
I can't turn to drugs ditto.

I can't march because I can't walk far enough.
I can't riot ditto.

So to save me the agony of having nothing to ease my pain, vote Labour.

Please.
So, sex addiction here we come!
I still believe in a town called Hope