Saturday 2nd, Sunday 3rd & Monday 4th May 2015

A home from home
Forum rules
Welcome to FTN. New posters are welcome to join the conversation. You can follow us on Twitter @FlythenestHaven You are responsible for the content you post. This is a public forum. Treat it as if you are speaking in a crowded room. Site admin and Moderators are volunteers who will respond as quickly as they are able to when made aware of any complaints. Please do not post copyrighted material without the original authors permission.
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

Re: Saturday 2nd, Sunday 3rd & Monday 4th May 2015

Post by RogerOThornhill »

TechnicalEphemera wrote:
rebeccariots2 wrote:
Mark Ferguson ‏@Markfergusonuk 18m18 minutes ago
What is it about the top-rate-tax-rising, non-dom-abolishing, mansion-taxing Labour Party that the Independent doesn’t like? I can’t imagine
The Indy editorial reads like something out of the 1950s with its archaic language. Presumably written by the same editor who advocates the end of free healthcare.

The final nail in the papers credibility.
And one, according to his wiki biog, has written for The Salisbury Review.

That leader is utterly shallow - simply swallows this whole without question.
Tories deserve tremendous credit: a million more pupils are now at schools rated good or outstanding. This title cherishes education. Such success cannot be ignored.
So that's because of academies where the evidence is that academies make no difference and a new curriculum which is in its first year and new exams which haven't been taken yet?

Right...
If I'm not here, then I'll be in the library. Or the other library.
TheGrimSqueaker
Speaker of the House

Post by TheGrimSqueaker »

TechnicalEphemera wrote:
rebeccariots2 wrote:
TheGrimSqueaker wrote: Mark Millar, for those unfamiliar with him, is a writer and one of the biggest names in the comic book world. Several of his works have been made into films, most notable Kick Ass and The Secret Service. That tweet perfectly illustrates both the fact that it is not all as one-sided as the 45ers would have us believe and the levels of intimidation being used by their side.

Night PF.
Thanks - I saw that earlier and didn't know who he was - so good to find out.
Mark Millar, top chap. The Kick-Ass movies are brilliant, in an unhinged sort of way. I am surprised about the SNP Tory letter, why write that? Did Sturgeon sanction it?
I think Sturgeon has a real problem on her hands, and it is of her own making. I wouldn't usually link a Telegraph article but this one makes some very valid points.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politic ... e-MPs.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

On that note I shall bid you all a very good night.
COWER BRIEF MORTALS. HO. HO. HO.
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

Post by RogerOThornhill »

Peter Oborne on Dave and Sam being segregated when they visited a Sikh temple during the campaign.

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The best bit is this:
Craig Nuttall ‏@nutspeed2 11h11 hours ago
@OborneTweets @offcentrenews @FraserNelson @KateMaltby You all seem to forget we've fought alongside Sikhs in world wars,where was Pakistan?

Porky Pine ‏@BSAA77 11h11 hours ago
@nutspeed2 @OborneTweets @offcentrenews @FraserNelson @KateMaltby It didn't exist until 1947.
:clap:
If I'm not here, then I'll be in the library. Or the other library.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

David Smith @dsmitheconomics · 5m 5 minutes ago
Admirable restraint from Jim Murphy in response to SNP idiots shouting in his face.
Smith is the economics editor for the Times ... have to say I agree with him on Murphy's response. I wonder if the hecklers / protestors were hoping he'd throw a Prescott punch or equivalent.
Working on the wild side.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

And another unlikely ally.
Iain Martin ‏@iainmartin1 16m16 minutes ago
Good for Murphy and Izzard. Looked great on BBC News at 10 in face of Nat bullying.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Tom Newton Dunn retweeted
Sun Politics ‏@SunPolitics 3m3 minutes ago
YouGov/Sun poll tonight - Labour and Tories are tied: CON 33%, LAB 33%, LD 10%, UKIP 12%, GRN 5%
Going in the right direction then.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

steve richards ‏@steverichards14 9m9 minutes ago
In tomorrow's @Independent I argue SNP wd have much greater leverage under a Tory govn and Ed M best suited to address sea change in UK.

steve richards ‏@steverichards14 3m3 minutes ago
In tomorrow's Independent I also warn of the dangers of a Tory press convincing voters that the SNP is a threat under Lab but not under Cam.
Seems like a sound argument. Must be hard to be writing that kind of stuff for a paper that has come out in favour of a continuation of this nasty coalition government.
TechnicalEphemera
Speaker of the House

Post by TechnicalEphemera »

rebeccariots2 wrote:
YouGov/Sun poll tonight - Labour and Tories are tied: CON 33%, LAB 33%, LD 10%, UKIP 12%, GRN 5%
Stig - what a wag.

LD/Green inching up though.
Release the Guardvarks.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

TechnicalEphemera wrote:
rebeccariots2 wrote:
Stig - what a wag.

LD/Green inching up though.
That's all those Tory tacticals in Sheffield Hallam.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Jamie Reed ‏@jreedmp 5m5 minutes ago Durham, England
'Squatters' rights' says Dave. The modernisation of the Tory Party is complete...
Yet again - I love his sense of humour.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

The National Front Page Tomorrow.jpg
The National Front Page Tomorrow.jpg (59.63 KiB) Viewed 5488 times
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Murdo Fraser ‏@murdo_fraser 4h4 hours ago
It gets worse, allegedly: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-h ... s-32581810" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; … Conservative candidate's son allegedly assaulted by SNP supporter
TechnicalEphemera
Speaker of the House

Post by TechnicalEphemera »

rebeccariots2 wrote:
One of the more disturbing things about the SNP is the creation of the sort of propaganda sheet that would not appear out of place in the Soviet Union or Nazi Germany (or modern day Russia come to that).

When the government starts printing the news democracy is largely broken. Not that the situation is much better in England.
Release the Guardvarks.
Eric_WLothian
Secretary of State

Post by Eric_WLothian »

TechnicalEphemera wrote:
rebeccariots2 wrote:
One of the more disturbing things about the SNP is the creation of the sort of propaganda sheet that would not appear out of place in the Soviet Union or Nazi Germany (or modern day Russia come to that).

When the government starts printing the news democracy is largely broken. Not that the situation is much better in England.
Tbf, the National wasn't created by the SNP - it's owned by the owners of the Herald (Newsquest).
LadyCentauria
Speaker of the House
Location: Set within 3,500 acres of leafy public land in SW London

Post by LadyCentauria »

Eric_WLothian wrote:
Willow904 wrote:Delia Smith...and Russell Brand.

That's broad appeal!

Re SNP supporters intimidating Labour campaigners - how can the MSM continue to ignore the very obvious question marks this throws up regarding accuracy of polling? Something is going very wrong if this is allowed to continue unchecked - we've had a young girl intimidated by SNP supporters to the point she has said she no longer feels able to vote. I wonder if a law has actually been broken in that case. A few arrests would be helpful as activity from both SNP supporters and mask wearing Tory supporters have crossed a line to my mind - if such intimidation and harrassment isn't nipped in the bud it could very quickly get out of control. I'm not sure how serious the behaviour has to be to break any harrassment or political intimidation laws but it's clearly not fair play and not only should our political classes most certainly not be directly involved, as appears to be the case with the Tory mask wearers, but they all should be coming out and clearly condemning such behaviour. I really do think politicians of all persuasions should be taking this more seriously. Only Farage, to my memory, has spoken out generally against such harrassment. If Sturgeon or Cameron have put out a statement reminding their supporters to respect those of other parties I must have missed it.
Spot the contradiction:
Mr Murphy said the protest was evidence that the SNP was trying to disrupt the democratic process.

However, demonstrators interviewed by the BBC denied they were there on behalf of the SNP.

Some of the protesters were waving SNP leaflets, while Mr Murphy was branded a "traitor" and a "warmongerer".
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election-2015 ... d-32581803

Must be MI5 behind those SNP leaflets.
How do we know they're not Gove's mask-wearers? Have we ever heard their voices? I've only seen stills of them so I don't know.
This time, I'm gonna be stronger I'm not giving in...
LadyCentauria
Speaker of the House
Location: Set within 3,500 acres of leafy public land in SW London

Post by LadyCentauria »

In overseas political news:
http://www.france24.com/en/20150504-fra ... onal-front" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Jean-Marie Le Pen has been suspended from the Front National following a series of comments he has made which seem motivated by anti-semitism. The current leader, his daughter Marine Le Pen, is steering the party away from its past and into a more mainstream organisation than it used to be. Within the next three months there will be special meeting of the party, at which they will consider whether or not to strip him of his title of Honorary President. Along with the suspension, he has been ordered not to speak in the name of the Front National.

The BBC and France24 report (variously, on television news) that Mr. Le Pen has retaliated to his suspension declaring that the suspension is illegal; that they can't take his title away from him; that he has only spoken in his own name for many years; that he wants his daughter, Marine, to stop using his surname; and that he wants nothing more to do with her because she's a traitor to him.
This time, I'm gonna be stronger I'm not giving in...