Tuesday 5th May 2015

A home from home
Forum rules
Welcome to FTN. New posters are welcome to join the conversation. You can follow us on Twitter @FlythenestHaven You are responsible for the content you post. This is a public forum. Treat it as if you are speaking in a crowded room. Site admin and Moderators are volunteers who will respond as quickly as they are able to when made aware of any complaints. Please do not post copyrighted material without the original authors permission.
refitman
Site Admin

Tuesday 5th May 2015

Post by refitman »

Morning all.
utopiandreams
Speaker of the House

Re: Tuesday 5th May 2015

Post by utopiandreams »

David Cameron seemed unduly relaxed yesterday as he casually entered a building with both hands in his pockets but then beeped at the security checkpoint. Surprised onlookers soon cottoned on that he was preventing his trousers from riding up to expose an electronic tag. He refused to explain but an undisclosed source suggested a link to the high profile arrest in Westminster last weekend.

It was also suggested that special consideration was made to cover the electoral campaign as he was unable to adhere to a standard curfew. He was therefore provided prison issue shirts to keep a check on him. Nobody from Downing Street or CCHQ was available for comment.
I would close my eyes if I couldn't dream.
fedup59
Committee Member

Post by fedup59 »

Morning all

RR2 put up Steve Richards' tweet about his article in the Indy last night - well worth a read http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/com ... 24410.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; (hope this doesn't mess up the page) it's well worth a read.
yahyah
Prime Minister

Post by yahyah »

Morning.

Adam Bienkov ‏@AdamBienkov 9h9 hours ago
Northcliffe House source tells me Independent endorsement for the coalition down to "personal diktat" from Lebedev

Independent indeed. Time for a boycott of their website ? Certainly will not buy the paper copy again, won't miss the 'talent' of John Walsh & Deborah Ross.
danesclose
Whip

Post by danesclose »

Morning all. I see uncle Rupert's minions at The Times are keeping the bullshitometer turned to Max.
Today's non story involves Ed & the unions if you're interested.
Proud to be part of The Indecent Minority.
yahyah
Prime Minister

Post by yahyah »

danesclose wrote:Morning all. I see uncle Rupert's minions at The Times are keeping the bullshitometer turned to Max.

& John Humphreys conveniently highlighted it on Radio 4 this morning.
Lonewolfie
Lord Chancellor

Post by Lonewolfie »

Evemornafting all...

I've a feeling the Indy may regret its 'vote for more of the same' decision ....I've not seen anything anywhere in support of its' position but have seen lots of people saying 'well f*** you too then'...and this...

This title casts no vote. But we prize strong, effective government, consider nationalism guilty until proven innocent, and say that if the present Coalition is to get another chance, we hope it is much less conservative, and much more liberal.

...and this...

A hung parliament is certain this week.

...are about as ridiculous as it gets.....to them, then, all of a sudden and all unexpected like, they've discovered that the Tories and their lickspittle lapdogs CAN count after all? (after this piece, just 5 short days ago)...

As Prime Minister, David Cameron’s grasp of the statistics is understandably under the most scrutiny – which is why his claim that a Labour victory would see tax rises of £3,000 for working families has been such a source for contention.
Ed Miliband’s party have called it “totally false”, while even the independent Institute for Fiscal Studies (IFS) has said that there is nothing to suggest it would be the case. The IFS added that Mr Cameron’s claim was “unhelpful” and the maths involved not “sensible”.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/po ... 47119.html

...and they already know how the votes will be cast? (and that version of Hope, by the way ^ (not the one just north of Peterborough and now just 2 days from LANDSLIDE) is most definitely not recognised here)

...and even though they've published this, I'm assuming they still support the free school agenda, the charity Eton and the entitlement engendered therein....

A pioneering free school, sponsored by Eton and opened by the Queen, has become embroiled in a racial bullying row just six months after accepting its first pupils. Police were called to investigate two separate claims of bullying with anti-Muslim connotations involving the same child at Holyport College in Berkshire. In one case the 13-year-old Muslim boy was said to have had a knife and fork held to his neck by a fellow pupil and was called a “terrorist”.

However, following a long-running dispute with the boy’s parents, last month the school decided to effectively expel the victim of the bullying, claiming he was “unable to cope with or benefit from the boarding environment”.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/educa ... 24249.html

...and snap, Yah Yah - having bought the 'i' for a while now, this has finally put the kybosh on me buying any print media again (although, I can't help being slightly drawn back to the Graun, despite all the anti-Ed and pro-Condemnation crapola of the last 5 years - however, I think coming out for Labour less than a week from the election is about as much use as a chocolate ashtray on a motorbike...but better late than never, I suppose)
Proud to be 1 of the 76% - Solidarity...because PODEMOS
mikems
Minister of State

Post by mikems »

Lonewolfie,

If you stop buying the Independent why not start buying the Morning Star? Ask your newsagent to get a copy for you.
Lonewolfie
Lord Chancellor

Post by Lonewolfie »

danesclose wrote:Morning all. I see uncle Rupert's minions at The Times are keeping the bullshitometer turned to Max.
I wonder how the old goat's feeling....the first time in 40 years that he might not get his own way....and if people think that the hostility is based around Ed Miliband 'threatening to take away one of his papers', they are, I believe(TM), very much mistaken...

Confessions of a Tabloid 'Extremist'

'I don’t know about Rupert Murdoch, because I’ve never met him. He’s an elusive figure. But I do know Rebekah Brooks. She’s a bully, she’s a corrupt figure, and she’s a bullshitter. And I’m convinced she did know about phone hacking.'

'Yeah, it’s euphemisms. The best one is ‘you’ve gotta make this work’. ‘No, listen to me - I don’t give a fuck about X,Y, and Z, and she [the source] isn’t saying anything, you’ve gotta make this work.’ I know what he means. It’s got to be made to work. ‘Can’t we engineer this?’ And you get to understand what needs to happen.'

'DT: What was the worst thing you saw as a tabloid reporter?

GJ: That’s like asking a member of a Colombian death squad what the worst massacre they were involved in was! You can’t remember all the bad things you’ve done, never mind what anyone else has done! There were some terrible things, though. I remember hearing about when someone committed suicide, and a cheer went up [in the newsroom], because they’d driven him to it [by accusing the man of being a paedophile].
'

http://www.byline.com/column/3/article/33

...once a non-Murkydochian is in No 10, all kinds of sh!t will be heading his way (and one of his minions bullying a 17 yr old hasn't gone down too well either).
Lonewolfie
Lord Chancellor

Post by Lonewolfie »

mikems wrote:Lonewolfie,

If you stop buying the Independent why not start buying the Morning Star? Ask your newsagent to get a copy for you.
I've been buying the 'i' rather than the 'full' Indy (40p to be lied to and patronised, instead of £1.40)...but fair point....I do peruse the website...maybe I will :)
Last edited by Lonewolfie on Tue 05 May, 2015 8:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

yahyah wrote:Morning.

Adam Bienkov ‏@AdamBienkov 9h9 hours ago
Northcliffe House source tells me Independent endorsement for the coalition down to "personal diktat" from Lebedev

Independent indeed. Time for a boycott of their website ? Certainly will not buy the paper copy again, won't miss the 'talent' of John Walsh & Deborah Ross.

Notice the Independent on Sunday (or a journalist from) tweeted last night to point out that they hadn't come out for the coalition - had stayed independent. They - journalists - must know how damaging this will be for the titles. Independent ... how ridiculous is that?!
Working on the wild side.
tinybgoat
Speaker of the House

Post by tinybgoat »

mikems wrote:Lonewolfie,

from Wikipedia:

"The Morning Star" redirects here. For other uses, see Morning Star (newspaper) .
For the fallen angel, see Lucifer .

Having grown up in Buckinghamshire,
where some people thought Neil Kinnock was communist.
Have to admit the Lucifer bit fits with my preconceptions.
But it's in local shops, so will give it a try.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

fedup59 wrote:Morning all

RR2 put up Steve Richards' tweet about his article in the Indy last night - well worth a read http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/com ... 24410.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; (hope this doesn't mess up the page) it's well worth a read.
He's so right on this:
In spite of the myths propagated by the dancing partnership of the Conservative leadership and its newspapers, there are still few excuses for voters to be surprised by what would follow Cameron’s return to No 10. The party’s leading figures are fairly candid. Still in thrall to 1980s-style Thatcherism, they pledge a smaller state, a further fracturing of underfunded public services and a referendum on the EU.

Because their views are echoed so often in parts of the press they assume they espouse a new moderate consensus. They do not. Their outlook is out of date and the evidence is there before their eyes. When Cameron announced a new “right to buy” initiative early in the election, to the usual media fanfare, there was no great traction and the policy disappeared from view. Voters have moved on from the 1980s. They know the big issue in relation to housing is the need to build affordable homes.
ephemerid
Speaker of the House

Post by ephemerid »

Whither George "I-made-my-name-up-to-sound-posher" Smith?

You may well wonder - having failed to turn up to his constituency hustings (and not for the first time) he chose to do an interview with the Sun instead. A sterling opportunity to rail against scroungers who, unlike him, don't get free country houses to live in.

Now that he has pissed off the middle class (where his votes are) by insulting them, even though he is actually middle class himself and just happened to marry into minor aristocracy, he is scheduled to appear on the BBC today - will he or won't he?

BBC2, all regions, 2pm - the Daily Politics "welfare" debate. Popcorn at the ready!

-----------------------------------

IDS's erstwhile minion, the very cold fish Grayling, kept himself busy during the last few days he was able to do nasty things.

Not content with ensuring all his privatisation contracts contain a "poison pill", he isn't finished extracting money from taxpayers, especially the naughty ones.

With no consultation or debate whatsoever, he has introduced charges for accused people - £150 a pop for a guilty plea at the magistrates' court, or £720 if found guilt having pleaded not guilty; get convicted in a crown court, and it'll cost you as much as £1,200.

The charges are compulsory - no beak or judge can waive or alter them depending on the circumstances of the defendant or his/her family.
Court fines are notoriously difficult (and very expensive) to collect as it is. This won't help.

So having an ideological Tory zealot, unqualified in law, at the head of the Ministry of Justice, holding high office as our Lord Chancellor, has resulted in costs for all forms of justice - not just the tribunals system for those treated unfairly by employers or government departments, but also for those accused of both minor and serious crime whether innocent or not.

This has been kept very quiet, as have the many other charges, fines, liens, and fees imposed by this nasty vicious individual.
"Poverty is the worst form of violence" - Mahatma Gandhi
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

The LDV view on the Sheffield Hallam poll showing Tories prepared to vote for Clegg may keep him in ... Caron's happy.
ICM poll says Nick Clegg is safe in Sheffield Hallam
http://www.libdemvoice.org/icm-poll-say ... l#comments" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
From BTL a comment re the special conference that will be needed to approve any coalition proposal ... it's not the full membership that gets to vote - it is 1500 delegates. Sounds like they may not be as representative of the party as some would like.
bob sayer 5th May '15 - 9:06am
Could I respectfully suggest , that those who will attend on behalf of constituencies to the special conference(if needed) should be summoned to a meeting with constituency members(exec. committee etc) and take with them the views of said constituency instead of as last time many going with their own views and with little knowledge of what others views were.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Sam Coates Times ‏@SamCoatesTimes 48m48 minutes ago
As leading Twitter sceptic of legitimacy debate what do you think - @philipjcowley - of those points?

Philip Cowley ‏@philipjcowley 37m37 minutes ago
@SamCoatesTimes Is mostly bollocks. Dangerous bollocks too. The worst sort.

Sam Coates Times ‏@SamCoatesTimes 29m29 minutes ago
@philipjcowley yea but can you rule out a) MPs being susceptible to bollocks? And b) that party leaders say bollocks things regularly

Philip Cowley ‏@philipjcowley 25m25 minutes ago
@SamCoatesTimes Only an idiot would rule out either.
fedup59
Committee Member

Post by fedup59 »

I find this (polly toynbee's article in the Graun) http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfre ... ty-cameron" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; deeply depressing. Their world view is so far from the reality faced by millions that they are on a different planet. Poverty is the fault of the poor, for not having the get up and go to deal with it, and philanthropy is more effective at helping because they know best how to spend their money are examples of their Marie Antoinette political input.

On the up side though the threat that all of the non doms and other wealth creators would leave in light of a Labour victory cheers me - they don't pay taxes, the only wealth they create goes into their own pockets and that means we could get shot of some of the most expensive leeches on the planet on which I live.
rearofthestore
Committee Member

Post by rearofthestore »

Not wanting to bore people but a couple of points about the YouGov that showed a tie CON 33% LAB 33%
On unweighted data Labour 2% ahead and interestingly the principal weighting was to increase the number of (age groups)18-24 and 25-39 in the sample because they were as usual under represented. Surprisingly this eliminated Labours lead.

The EU referendum question was 45% remain 33% leave which I think is the highest remain lead for some time and finally Labour lead in London is shown as 21% which if true is wonderful but since it was only 7% yesterday (a swing of 7% in a day) is unlikely.
mikems
Minister of State

Post by mikems »

Know-nothing journalists wittering on about legitimacy, strolling into a constitutional crisis without a care in the world!

Why don't they read some books? Wouldn't that be a better idea than spouting nonsense to politicians and demanding answers?
Swarthlander
Committee Chair

Post by Swarthlander »

I do wish dear Ed would stop with this 'hardworking people/family' stuff, it makes me cringe. :roll:

I know he has to play to the majority but as I have said before on here - I am not hardworking, I do not have a family, I am not a 'couple' but I do pay tax and I do hope/vote for a Labour government.
Some folk (like me) may wonder if we count in any of this. :?

Good morning. :D
"A lack of compassion is as vulgar as an excess of tears"
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

Post by RogerOThornhill »

Wow. For breathtaking wrongcockness Littlejohn this morning just set the standard to beat...

Trust Labour? I'd rather trust Jimmy Savile to babysit, writes RICHARD LITTLEJOHN

I won't link the article but he has the "Mid Staffs scandal, which caused the deaths of 1,200 patients" in it.

A truly vile human being.
If I'm not here, then I'll be in the library. Or the other library.
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Post by AnatolyKasparov »

The most hilarious part of that generally laughable "Independent" editorial was "vote the Tories/Libs back in to preserve the union" :lol: :lol: :lol:

Amazed that whoever wrote that managed to keep a straight face.......
"IS TONTY BLAIR BEHIND THIS???!!!!111???!!!"
refitman
Site Admin

Post by refitman »

RogerOThornhill wrote:Wow. For breathtaking wrongcockness Littlejohn this morning just set the standard to beat...

Trust Labour? I'd rather trust Jimmy Savile to babysit, writes RICHARD LITTLEJOHN

I won't link the article but he has the "Mid Staffs scandal, which caused the deaths of 1,200 patients" in it.

Which has been retweeted by Craig Whittaker, who chairs the all-party parliamentary committee for looked after children and care leavers.q
danesclose
Whip

Post by danesclose »

RogerOThornhill wrote:Wow. For breathtaking wrongcockness Littlejohn this morning just set the standard to beat...

Would that be the same Littlejohn who rails against immigrants but lives in Florida?
Proud to be part of The Indecent Minority.
PaulfromYorkshire
Site Admin

Post by PaulfromYorkshire »

rearofthestore wrote:Not wanting to bore people but a couple of points about the YouGov that showed a tie CON 33% LAB 33%
On unweighted data Labour 2% ahead and interestingly the principal weighting was to increase the number of (age groups)18-24 and 25-39 in the sample because they were as usual under represented. Surprisingly this eliminated Labours lead.

The EU referendum question was 45% remain 33% leave which I think is the highest remain lead for some time and finally Labour lead in London is shown as 21% which if true is wonderful but since it was only 7% yesterday (a swing of 7% in a day) is unlikely.
I for one have been really appreciating your poll analyses RofS

They have the same quiet authority as Anatoly's famous by-election roundups ;-)
StephenDolan
First Secretary of State

Post by StephenDolan »

Out of Clegg's red lines are there any that you feel that Miliband wouldn't go along with?
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

As somebody who has been unemployed, I can confirm that person was talking sphericals.

Even under Labour, jobcentre staff were quite tough with those who genuinely weren't making an effort to find work (a small minority, of course) But they didn't have any sanction targets (official or otherwise) and didn't treat all jobless people generally as something you scrape off your shoe.

This government fairly early on in its tenure replacing the New Deal (far from perfect, but worked for quite a few people including me) with the totally mince Work Programme - because the latter benefits its corporate cronies more - says much about its attitude to those unlucky enough to be out of work.
gilsey
Prime Minister

Post by gilsey »

RobertSnozers wrote: under Labour, the unemployed were 'laughing' because they could collect benefits if the job they wanted wasn't available. I've no idea if this is true or not (I dare say they didn't, either). I've never been unemployed, though I've come close on occasion. Once when a particular career path failed I had to take on a low-paid job until I could fine something better suited to my qualifications, and even then had to start from scratch. During this period of my life I discovered what the expression 'soul destroying' actually meant. Funny how the Tories like 'aspiration' when it means what they want it to mean, but when Labour proposes that people in low-paid dead-end jobs might aspire to a better life that they are prepared to work for, they are accused by the Tories of 'sneering'.
I did temporary/contract work for nearly ten years from 1994 and signed on for contributory JSA in between jobs. At that time you had 3 months to find work in your normal line, after that it was any work at all.
I'd be very surprised if the 3 months grace still applies.
One world, like it or not - John Martyn
utopiandreams
Speaker of the House

Post by utopiandreams »

It's only to be expected, Roger, when people are given a platform to air their nonsense... Now where was I?
gilsey
Prime Minister

Post by gilsey »

Fraser Nelson is a strange one, isn't he.

Osborne owes Darling an apology
http://blogs.spectator.co.uk/coffeehous ... n-apology/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Love the graph. :D
One world, like it or not - John Martyn
StephenDolan
First Secretary of State

Post by StephenDolan »

gilsey wrote:Fraser Nelson is a strange one, isn't he.

Osborne owes Darling an apology
http://blogs.spectator.co.uk/coffeehous ... n-apology/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Love the graph. :D
He certainly is. Sometimes he comes across as a small c Conservative that wants decency and honesty to be core features of the Tories and there policies. And yet he wholeheartedly supports IDS and says his work is the bright light of this coalition.
Tish
Committee Member

Post by Tish »

StephenDolan wrote:Out of Clegg's red lines are there any that you feel that Miliband wouldn't go along with?
He shouldn't go along with the raising of the personal allowance to £12,500 becouse its been proved again and again that it doesn't benefit the worst off, its just an all puropose tax cut for everyone. But I suspect Labour would probably go along with that becouse its popular, and its easy to understand, unlike Labours confusing plan to reintroduce the 10p tax rate. But I guess it depends how much it costs. Unlike the LibDems Labour do seem to have actually worked out the costs of their policies, so that may well blow a hole in the rest of their spending plans.

And as for the rest, more money for the NHS, more money for schools and more money for the public sector, but somehow managing to create a timetable to eliminate the deficit as well? How's that meant to work? The fact that these "red lines" are clearly contridictary suggests to me that they are as non negotiable as Clegg's pledges from last time around.

I can't help but wonder though what Clegg's reaction would be if Labour said "we'll accept all your red lines, but not you personally, you have to go." Would he stand aside for the good of the party or start bleating to the press about how unfair and undemocratic and just really, really mean it all is. I think I could guess.
nickyinnorfolk
Minister of State

Post by nickyinnorfolk »

refitman wrote:

Which has been retweeted by Craig Whittaker, who chairs the all-party parliamentary committee for looked after children and care leavers.q
Political Scrapbook have this to add:
One might imagine that chairing the parliamentary group on Looked After Children and Care Leavers might be enough to give Craig Whitttaker pause.

But there is another factor which makes this remark all the more sickening.

Here is a Halifax Courier report on ongoing criminal proceedings against an alleged paedophile gang in his constituency. The charge sheet includes rape, people trafficking for sexual exploitation, sexual activity with a child under 16, voyeurism and sexual assault.

“The allegations centre around two girls, who are believed to have been in Calderdale Council’s care when the men were arrested, although the majority of them relate to one girl. It is thought the girls were as young as 13 when they were allegedly abused.

The offences are alleged to have occurred from 2006 to 2011. With child protection failures already emerging back in 2010 the council portfolio holder for children’s services was understandably keen to run a mile:

The portfolio holder for Calderdale Council’s Children & Young People’s Services has refused to accept any responsibility for the failings which several independent reports have highlighted, previously claiming that he did not know the situation within Child Protection Services was as bad as PwC highlighted in their report.

And who was the executive member concerned?

Former councillor and now MP for Calder Valley, Craig Whittaker.
utopiandreams
Speaker of the House

Post by utopiandreams »

I keep getting unsolicited calls from Sheffield this morning but don't reply to numbers I don't recognise. Nevertheless I cannot help but feel that Clegg's constituency office may be trying to contact me for advice. After all I wrote to him after passage of the Health and Social Care Act to recommend what actions he should take.

Edit: would you believe that someone at the G suggested that we all get those and it were British Gas?
Last edited by utopiandreams on Tue 05 May, 2015 2:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pk1
Speaker of the House

Post by pk1 »

Ed has done a youtube interview with somebody whose channel is I understand, usually dedicated to beauty tips

[youtube]gw4FwDoVtew[/youtube]

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The comments are encouraging in that there are many saying this is their first time voting & how pleased they are to be doing so.
nickyinnorfolk
Minister of State

Post by nickyinnorfolk »

rebeccariots2 wrote:The LDV view on the Sheffield Hallam poll showing Tories prepared to vote for Clegg may keep him in ... Caron's happy.
ICM poll says Nick Clegg is safe in Sheffield Hallam
http://www.libdemvoice.org/icm-poll-say ... l#comments" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
From BTL a comment re the special conference that will be needed to approve any coalition proposal ... it's not the full membership that gets to vote - it is 1500 delegates. Sounds like they may not be as representative of the party as some would like.
bob sayer 5th May '15 - 9:06am
Could I respectfully suggest , that those who will attend on behalf of constituencies to the special conference(if needed) should be summoned to a meeting with constituency members(exec. committee etc) and take with them the views of said constituency instead of as last time many going with their own views and with little knowledge of what others views were.
Clegg's safe due to Tory votes - how depressingly appropriate. His defenestration would have been the ultimate Portillo Moment.

However, there's some consolation that Danny Alexander - until recently Osborne's obedient if ridiculous stunt double - looks set to lose his seat. That's despite Hugh Grant, who says he has relatives in Alexander's consituency, endorsing him. No solidarity with his Hacked Off colleague Steve Coogan then. Oddly enough he's also linked with Russell Brand, in the sense that they've both been in a relationship with New Statesman associate editor Jemima Goldsmith.
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

There is no guarantee that ICM poll of Hallam is any more accurate than the Ashcroft ones - its a pretty tiny sample, for a start......

(and it is all very well people telling a pollster they will vote tactically; some might not do so on the day, indeed they might not turn up at all)

I have always thought Clegg would hold on in the end, but it is far from over :)
StephenDolan
First Secretary of State

Post by StephenDolan »

AnatolyKasparov wrote:There is no guarantee that ICM poll of Hallam is any more accurate than the Ashcroft ones - its a pretty tiny sample, for a start......

(and it is all very well people telling a pollster they will vote tactically; some might not do so on the day, indeed they might not turn up at all)

I have always thought Clegg would hold on in the end, but it is far from over :)
Please please please let it happen :lol:
TheGrimSqueaker
Speaker of the House

Post by TheGrimSqueaker »

Nice profile on our PPC, Allen Simpson, in the Guardian today.

http://www.theguardian.com/business/201 ... candidates" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Has anybody noticed how much the 45ers are starting to sound like Kippers? BTL Over There is full of "one bad apple", "not a real SNP activist", "Project Fear" nonsense; my favourite today was the poster who said
Only just waking up to the dire nature of the UK press, colleagues? The Scots have a 2-year start, which may explain their current road-rage.
I pointed out that Labour supporters have had to put up with that for years, so they are still newbies at the game. May have to give the place a swerve, getting very tired of the sanctimonious yet curiously self pitying tone of the large majority of posts.
COWER BRIEF MORTALS. HO. HO. HO.
PaulfromYorkshire
Site Admin

Post by PaulfromYorkshire »

StephenDolan wrote:
AnatolyKasparov wrote:There is no guarantee that ICM poll of Hallam is any more accurate than the Ashcroft ones - its a pretty tiny sample, for a start......

Please please please let it happen :lol:
Just a reminder that if Labour win in Hallam it will be the first time they have ever done so.

I'm still hoping though :twisted:
ephemerid
Speaker of the House

Post by ephemerid »

The Daily Politics today - every single guest so far is from the right.

Disgraceful.
pk1
Speaker of the House

Post by pk1 »

PaulfromYorkshire wrote: Just a reminder that if Labour win in Hallam it will be the first time they have ever done so.

I bloody well hope they do win because I staked some cash on a Coppard win at the bookies & Coppard has been a direct recipient of my (irregular) donations ! :lol:
nickyinnorfolk
Minister of State

Post by nickyinnorfolk »

The thing about Clegg is that many Tory supporters seem to believe that Cameron would have been a stunning success in the mould of St Maggie if he hadn't had to keep appeasing Clegg. The reality is different of course - Clegg and the Orange Bookers have done virtually nothing to tone down this government's Thatcherism on speed species of incompetence and cruelty.

I hope that most Sheffield Hallam Tories vote for the Blue Tory rather than the Yellow Tory, but I won't be surprised if Clegg somehow clings on.
adam
First Secretary of State

Post by adam »

Populus final poll

Con 34
Lab 34
UKIP 13
Lib Dem 10

Great line from Muphy in his speech in Scotland - when you go and vote, just ask yourself 'What would David Cameron do?'
I still believe in a town called Hope
rearofthestore
Committee Member

Post by rearofthestore »

Another tied poll
Lord Ashcroft ‏@LordAshcroft 12m12 minutes ago
Populus Online Poll LAB 34% CON 34% LD EM 10% UKIP 13% GRNS 5%
Edit : Sorry for the repeat Adam but was having site problems.
Last edited by rearofthestore on Tue 05 May, 2015 12:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nickyinnorfolk
Minister of State

Post by nickyinnorfolk »

pk1 wrote:
PaulfromYorkshire wrote: Just a reminder that if Labour win in Hallam it will be the first time they have ever done so.

I bloody well hope they do win because I staked some cash on a Coppard win at the bookies & Coppard has been a direct recipient of my (irregular) donations ! :lol:
Let's hope enough SH Tories revert back to their normal mode of considering Clegg an EU worshipping pinko :? and think better of voting for him.
ephemerid
Speaker of the House

Post by ephemerid »

ephemerid wrote:The Daily Politics today - every single guest so far is from the right.

Disgraceful.

I wonder......will DP have a "leftie" day tomorrow, or are all the Labour people busy getting their vote out?

I have written to the BBC (again) about their bias.
adam
First Secretary of State

Post by adam »

TheGrimSqueaker wrote: I pointed out that Labour supporters have had to put up with that for years, so they are still newbies at the game. May have to give the place a swerve, getting very tired of the sanctimonious yet curiously self pitying tone of the large majority of posts.
I got modded yesterday for telling one of them to go fuck himself and, if he wanted to call me red tory, to come and do it to my face. I sense this is not the last time I'll get modded for the same thing.
I still believe in a town called Hope
AngryAsWell
Prime Minister

Post by AngryAsWell »

Lux Lisbon - Bullingdon Club

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
utopiandreams
Speaker of the House

Post by utopiandreams »

ephemerid wrote:The Daily Politics today - every single guest so far is from the right.

Disgraceful.
Yeah, ephemerid, just a lot of background noise today, nothing to catch the attention... other than mockery if I could have been bothered.