Tuesday 5th May 2015

A home from home
Forum rules
Welcome to FTN. New posters are welcome to join the conversation. You can follow us on Twitter @FlythenestHaven You are responsible for the content you post. This is a public forum. Treat it as if you are speaking in a crowded room. Site admin and Moderators are volunteers who will respond as quickly as they are able to when made aware of any complaints. Please do not post copyrighted material without the original authors permission.
pk1
Speaker of the House

Re: Tuesday 5th May 2015

Post by pk1 »

I have flagged this comment fao whoever is supposed to moderate the comments on LabourList
ScubaDynamo Tommo • 5 hours ago
Completely agree. Dont listen to these angry Labour voters. They are all mentally disabled anyway.
http://labourlist.org/2015/05/richard-l ... ganda-yet/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I tweeted Mark Ferguson, LabourList & Conor Pope asking if they were content to have this kind of comment on their site - no response from either of them so I guess they must be fine & dandy with it :shock:
TechnicalEphemera
Speaker of the House

Post by TechnicalEphemera »

rebeccariots2 wrote:
AngryAsWell wrote:
rebeccariots2 wrote: Oo eck. Can't stand much more of this. We've had Ashcroft telling us he's going to release another national poll on the morning of election day itself.
I thought they could not do polls on polling day? They cant even give exit polls until the booths close
He's not doing a poll on the day - he's publishing one. Here's his tweet.
Lord Ashcroft @LordAshcroft · 1h 1 hour ago
You haven't seen the last of the ANP. My final 3,000-sample pre-election phone poll will be published on Thursday morning on @ConHome
Likely to show a Tory lead then, being Ashcroft.
Release the Guardvarks.
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

rebeccariots2 wrote:
Mike Smithson @MSmithsonPB · 16s 16 seconds ago
Survation Mirror poll with changes on previous survey for paper LAB 34% (NC); CON 33% (NC); UKIP 16% (NC); LD 9% (NC); GRE 4% (+1)
Mike Smithson ‏@MSmithsonPB 7 mins7 minutes ago
Survation Mirror Ballot Prompt voting responses where seat specific ballot papers shown
CON 31%
LAB 32%
LD 10%
UKIP 15%
GREEN 5%
SNP 4%
We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office. – Aesop
utopiandreams
Speaker of the House

Post by utopiandreams »

pk1 wrote:I have flagged this comment fao whoever is supposed to moderate the comments on LabourList
Completely agree. Dont listen to these angry Labour voters. They are all mentally disabled anyway.
http://labourlist.org/2015/05/richard-l ... ganda-yet/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I tweeted Mark Ferguson, LabourList & Conor Pope asking if they were content to have this kind of comment on their site - no response from either of them so I guess they must be fine & dandy with it :shock:
I can see where you're coming from, pk1, but sometimes such posts say more about the sender than anything else.
I would close my eyes if I couldn't dream.
pk1
Speaker of the House

Post by pk1 »

utopiandreams wrote:
pk1 wrote:I have flagged this comment fao whoever is supposed to moderate the comments on LabourList

I can see where you're coming from, pk1, but sometimes such posts say more about the sender than anything else.
In most instances I would agree but not in the case of abuse where the allegation is one of mental illness. That's a step too far in my book.
utopiandreams
Speaker of the House

Post by utopiandreams »

pk1 wrote:... In most instances I would agree but not in the case of abuse where the allegation is one of mental illness. That's a step too far in my book.
Obviously I don't want this to be or see it as a bone of contention, pk, but really see it as more a case of ignorance than abuse. I speak as the parent of a Downs Syndrome daughter after all... and have been subject to racial abuse in the past. I sometimes think sensitivities can be piqued too easily in this age of political correctness.
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Post by AnatolyKasparov »

TechnicalEphemera wrote:
rebeccariots2 wrote:
AngryAsWell wrote: I thought they could not do polls on polling day? They cant even give exit polls until the booths close
He's not doing a poll on the day - he's publishing one. Here's his tweet.
Lord Ashcroft @LordAshcroft · 1h 1 hour ago
You haven't seen the last of the ANP. My final 3,000-sample pre-election phone poll will be published on Thursday morning on @ConHome
Likely to show a Tory lead then, being Ashcroft.
His "mega" surveys have been less good for the Tories than the regular weekly polls with pretty tiny samples, tbh.

Re the comment above - yes, surveys can be published during polling hours (MORI has brought out its final poll then at least since 1997) but they will get reported less due to media impartiality rules. YouGov may also do a sort of exit poll and release it Thursday evening - they were almost spot on for the ScotRef with this.
"IS TONTY BLAIR BEHIND THIS???!!!!111???!!!"
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Bonnie Greer @Bonn1eGreer · 6h 6 hours ago
"Nurses resigning from #NHS to work for agencies.
They can make more money that way."-#wato
I heard that WATO item - and deeply depressing it was too. When I heard that particular point I thought ... and all because the coalition are too mean to even grant them the approved 1% rise. How to piss people off and make things more expensive ... the coalition way.

If this lot get back in we'll have regional pay introduced as quick as they can. Expect even further lowering of our living standards.
Working on the wild side.
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

I think they are fairly preoccupied right now, tbf ;)
pk1
Speaker of the House

Post by pk1 »

Conor Pope has said that they removed it earlier so they must be having some difficulty with their site.

Frankly I don't give a monkeys how busy they are or how that comment is much less abusive than stuff that has previously been chucked at somebody else, it is unacceptable to a number of people, me included.

I found it offensive, I asked for it to be deleted & I refuse to apologise for thinking it to be unacceptable.
Eric_WLothian
Secretary of State

Post by Eric_WLothian »

Tubby Isaacs wrote:
Eric_WLothian wrote:
Tubby Isaacs wrote: Ha ha ha.

Implication of course being that all the other images are faked.
If that's the case, I'm really impressed with the BBC (and others') ability to 'photoshop' videos. :lol:
Do you have the best video of the bloke in Murphy's face?
This was the film broadcast by the BBC - first item after the intro (about 40 secs in).
http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b0 ... d-04052015
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

"Tommo" is an especially dismal troll even by LL standards, mind. No idea why they haven't just been banned.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Just had some feedback from Mr Riots about his canvassing session in Goodwick. It went well apparently. We've had more volunteers turning out this week - so they were a good strong team which always makes it more enjoyable - partly the banter - partly that it means you are likely to have longer conversations.

Mr Riots said he had a couple of people tell him they had been undecided but they have now decided to vote Labour because they are so fed up with the relentless attacks on Miliband and Labour in the media. One guy said it was the stupid escalation of Miliband's almost trip after the leaders' question time that decided it for him. He was just so pissed off by the focus on such stupid stuff and the unfairness of it. He cited the Daily Mail as the worst. He told Mr Riots his wife was still undecided and whilst he couldn't tell her how to vote (oh no, you surely can't do that matey) he was going to have a good go at persuading her. The Daily Mail have actually acted as a recruiting tool for Labour.

Crabb was referred to as 'all about climbing the greasy career pole'. Still not heard any praise for him.

And - in a way best of all - we've all been told many times over that we are the only party that people have seen and heard from. Several people today said that - and said they appreciated it.
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

Having a job posting again...
PaulfromYorkshire
Site Admin

Post by PaulfromYorkshire »

Rebecca wrote:
Tubby Isaacs wrote:I'm still not sure why Tizme took offence at me saying "pondlife" about racists posting below the line on a story about Muslims in the Guardian. I

It's a strong word, but I think it's merited.
Some people enjoy taking offence,wouldn't worry about it.
To be fair to Tizme she did come on the next day and explain she'd been feeling a little sensitive when she posted that. Perhaps we could move on?
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Owen Jones ‏@OwenJones84 25m25 minutes ago
I'm on @BBCWorldTonight, Radio 4, 10pm, to challenge sinister campaign to delegitimise a SNP-backed Labour government
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

From UK Polling Report:
JAMES
“New BMG Research poll out tonight on May2015 after two new pieces shortly. Stay tuned…. Interesting result”
Anyone? PK?
LadyCentauria
Speaker of the House
Location: Set within 3,500 acres of leafy public land in SW London

Post by LadyCentauria »

rebeccariots2 wrote:
ohsocynical wrote:Jason Beattie ‏@JBeattieMirror 4s4 seconds ago

Look out for @Survation poll for @DailyMirror in 30minutes.
Oo eck. Can't stand much more of this. We've had Ashcroft telling us he's going to release another national poll on the morning of election day itself.
Oh no :( I'd just had some celebratory chocolate on reading (above) Smithson's tweet saying that was the final Ashcroft Poll and now you tell me we have to suffer another one...
sobs-and-reaches-for-consolatory-chocolate
This time, I'm gonna be stronger I'm not giving in...
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

LadyCentauria wrote:
rebeccariots2 wrote:
ohsocynical wrote:Jason Beattie ‏@JBeattieMirror 4s4 seconds ago

Look out for @Survation poll for @DailyMirror in 30minutes.
Oo eck. Can't stand much more of this. We've had Ashcroft telling us he's going to release another national poll on the morning of election day itself.
Oh no :( I'd just had some celebratory chocolate on reading (above) Smithson's tweet saying that was the final Ashcroft Poll and now you tell me we have to suffer another one...
sobs-and-reaches-for-consolatory-chocolate
Good thinking. There's a chocolate for every occasion. (including dog sick).
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

I've been having problems posting again...Anyone else?
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

I think you're all doing very well (as Young Mr Grace would say)! Me? I just feel sick with nerves.
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

ohsocynical wrote:I've been having problems posting again...Anyone else?
I keep getting timed out. Other sites are unaffected.
Eric_WLothian
Secretary of State

Post by Eric_WLothian »

rebeccariots2 wrote: Good thinking. There's a chocolate for every occasion. (including dog sick).
That's one chocolate bar filling I won't be looking for. :sick:
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

PorFavor wrote:
ohsocynical wrote:I've been having problems posting again...Anyone else?
I keep getting timed out. Other sites are unaffected.
Agreed. It's sloooowwww, oh so slow. I'm very aware refitman has upgraded us ... but with election day looming the traffic to this site is likely to increase again so I'm still worried. If there was a still higher upgrade we could move to ... I would happily contribute to the cost. But I have a sense that there isn't.

We're just too busy and visited!
AngryAsWell
Prime Minister

Post by AngryAsWell »

Did we see this one ?
UKIP Candidate Threatens To Shoot Tory Rival

http://news.sky.com/story/1478269/ukip- ... tory-rival" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

UK living standards fell for all but the richest under coalition – analysis
Study of as yet unpublished data concludes coalition failed to protect living standards for the majority, leaving more unable to afford basic items

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/201 ... s#comments" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Alex Cunningham retweeted
George Aylett ‏@GeorgeAylett 40m40 minutes ago
The Tories have borrowed £219 BILLION more than planned.
Yet Tories have the cheek to call Labour the 'party of borrowing'.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

AngryAsWell wrote:Did we see this one ?

http://news.sky.com/story/1478269/ukip- ... tory-rival" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
We did. It's something else, isn't it? And we are the ones supposed to be living in, and proud of, a democracy.
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

Jesus Christ Almighty I despair. One of Mr Ohso's mates has just said he's not voting Labour because of Blair...
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Nick Eardley ‏@nickeardley 3h3 hours ago
The SNP "never worked with the Conservatives" in Holyrood during minority administration, says @NicolaSturgeon

Ruth Davidson MSP ‏@RuthDavidsonMSP 3h3 hours ago
@nickeardley @davidtorrance @NicolaSturgeon I'm sure that's news to my predecessor, Annabel Goldie...

David Maddox ‏@DavidPBMaddox 16m16 minutes ago
@RuthDavidsonMSP @nickeardley @davidtorrance @NicolaSturgeon I must have imagined that long chat between Annabel & Salmond in Holyrood cafe

Peter Wood ‏@highconstable 14m14 minutes ago
@DavidPBMaddox @RuthDavidsonMSP @nickeardley @davidtorrance @NicolaSturgeon SNP. Liars, liars. Pants on fire

David Maddox ‏@DavidPBMaddox 12m12 minutes ago
@highconstable @RuthDavidsonMSP @nickeardley @davidtorrance @NicolaSturgeon it was the most unsubtle negotiation in history

David Maddox retweeted
David Torrance ‏@davidtorrance 7m7 minutes ago
.@DavidPBMaddox @RuthDavidsonMSP @nickeardley Ive also imagined getting shooed out of Derek Brownlee's office cause Swinney was on the phone
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

ohsocynical wrote:Jesus Christ Almighty I despair. One of Mr Ohso's mates has just said he's not voting Labour because of Blair...
Nothing you can do about that. If someone hasn't got by now that Labour has moved on considerably since Blair ... well you or Mr Ohso would need to be prepared to undertake an intensive updating programme ... it could take a while and then some.
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

rebeccariots2 wrote:
ohsocynical wrote:Jesus Christ Almighty I despair. One of Mr Ohso's mates has just said he's not voting Labour because of Blair...
Nothing you can do about that. If someone hasn't got by now that Labour has moved on considerably since Blair ... well you or Mr Ohso would need to be prepared to undertake an intensive updating programme ... it could take a while and then some.
I just want to lash out :wall:
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

David Cameron and Boris Johnson left stumped by angry voter's welfare questions
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/da ... ft-5642063" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Good on her. She sounds wonderful.
... But the plan backfired when Ms Brown stumped the hapless millionaire duo over their privileged backgrounds, Eton educations and social security cuts.

She asked them: “Do you think the UK’s current democracy-crippling voter apathy is caused by the fact that its Prime Minister, Mayor of the capital and Chancellor were all in the same class at school, are all industriously dismantling the nation’s assets and selling them off to their mates, are all related to banking families and have been proven, over and over again, to be singularly self-interested in every political decision they’ve ever made?”...

The stunned Conservative leader tried to make light of Ms Brown’s grilling, quipping: “It’s good we have lively questions.”

He urged her to “judge us on our record”, as she demanded: “Where’s the £12billion coming from?” - referring to planned welfare cuts...
Eric_WLothian
Secretary of State

Post by Eric_WLothian »

rebeccariots2 wrote:
Nick Eardley ‏@nickeardley 3h3 hours ago
The SNP "never worked with the Conservatives" in Holyrood during minority administration, says @NicolaSturgeon

Ruth Davidson MSP ‏@RuthDavidsonMSP 3h3 hours ago
@nickeardley @davidtorrance @NicolaSturgeon I'm sure that's news to my predecessor, Annabel Goldie...

David Maddox ‏@DavidPBMaddox 16m16 minutes ago
@RuthDavidsonMSP @nickeardley @davidtorrance @NicolaSturgeon I must have imagined that long chat between Annabel & Salmond in Holyrood cafe

Peter Wood ‏@highconstable 14m14 minutes ago
@DavidPBMaddox @RuthDavidsonMSP @nickeardley @davidtorrance @NicolaSturgeon SNP. Liars, liars. Pants on fire

David Maddox ‏@DavidPBMaddox 12m12 minutes ago
@highconstable @RuthDavidsonMSP @nickeardley @davidtorrance @NicolaSturgeon it was the most unsubtle negotiation in history

David Maddox retweeted
David Torrance ‏@davidtorrance 7m7 minutes ago
.@DavidPBMaddox @RuthDavidsonMSP @nickeardley Ive also imagined getting shooed out of Derek Brownlee's office cause Swinney was on the phone
Lesson 1 in SNP politics: facts are irrelevant.
The Scottish Government's budget has been passed with Conservative support, after ministers made several last-minute concessions.
The SNP's £30bn plans went through after the minority administration agreed to boost business rate cuts and cash for bus operators.
Labour, the Liberal Democrats and the Greens all abstained in the crunch vote at the Scottish Parliament.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/7229507.stm
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

ohsocynical wrote:
rebeccariots2 wrote:
I just want to lash out :wall:
Their doctor's surgery is under 'special measures'. They have a grandson with special needs, and a daughter who doesn't have good health plus a son in law who's just been treated for cancer.
And he's 72 and still having to work because he's self employed and can't afford to retire.

Stupidity. Plain unadulterated, stupidity...
utopiandreams
Speaker of the House

Post by utopiandreams »

I wrote this earlier when Lonewolfie reminded me of the time I was dismissed from a workplace for being the victim of bullying. Fortunately it was only a temporary position immediately after being chucked out of uni. Although I have been subject to racial abuse, this occasion was for my hippy-like appearance with accusations of being a 'poofter'.

Mid-flow whilst relieving myself at the urinal, I was pressed against the slab by two rather stout individuals well over six feet tall who had entered behind me. Let's just say that my reaction was not overly polite, I then had to defend myself rather abruptly. After an extremely short scuffle I skirted the one laying on the floor as the other stepped back looking somewhat astonished, then went to my locker, gathered my stuff and left the building.

The following morning I was greeted to a hero's welcome by my colleagues in the warehouse with the delivery drivers hoisting me onto their shoulders constantly repeating 'Kungie' after the Kung Fu television series, a name they had already given me. I was later called into the MD's office and dismissed for my own safety. It transpired that the division the two assailants worked in was staffed by a similarly large contingent of seven brothers and cousins. I must say the MD was impressed and thought they deserved their comeuppance but wasn't about to dismiss them. He did give me a more than generous severance pay.

I'm not sure that I should have posted this, but it's very difficult to forget. Changing the conversation... I am going to take the fight to a certain Mr. D. Cameron. I don't usually prepare my yarns but tonight shall make an exception.
Tubby Isaacs
Prime Minister

Post by Tubby Isaacs »

http://www.newstatesman.com/media-mole/ ... lfare-cuts" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Where IDS admits he hasn't done any work on the £12bn cuts.
Well because, as I said, the work that we do on this will be done in the spending room, we will announce that out at the time.
What's "the spending room"?
GetYou
Minister of State

Post by GetYou »

Tubby Isaacs wrote:What's "the spending room"?
I think it's where they sort out their expenses claims :D
utopiandreams
Speaker of the House

Post by utopiandreams »

Bloody hell, AAW, that makes me angry as well!
utopiandreams
Speaker of the House

Post by utopiandreams »

'And I thought I lived in the past!
AngryAsWell
Prime Minister

Post by AngryAsWell »

We forgot Bianca Jagger the other day when we did the celebs
Bianca Jagger @BiancaJagger
· May 2

Bianca Jagger retweeted The Independent
Dear @David_Cameron we know that for you, this election is about your career and your vested interest #voteToriesOut
TechnicalEphemera
Speaker of the House

Post by TechnicalEphemera »

utopiandreams wrote:

The guy is a complete arse, and I suspect half cut when he said it. But I am not entirely sure he really threatened to shoot him.

Still should be suspended though, because saying stuff like that is just completely out of order.
Release the Guardvarks.
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

Jesus Christ Almighty twice.
Mr Ohso's red faced and has a headache because he's also just learned that another mate isn't voting Labour because of what Blair cost the country through the war in Iraq.
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

"announce that out"? (Iain Smith)

I've gone right off him now. And he was doing so well . . . .
frightful_oik
Whip

Post by frightful_oik »

BMG / May 2015

Lab 34
Con 34
Ukip 12
Lib 10
Grn 4
SNP 4

They had Tories 3 points ahead in their only other poll.
Shake your chains to earth like dew
Which in sleep had fallen on you-
Ye are many - they are few."
seeingclearly
Speaker of the House

Post by seeingclearly »

TechnicalEphemera wrote:
utopiandreams wrote:

The guy is a complete arse, and I suspect half cut when he said it. But I am not entirely sure he really threatened to shoot him.

Still should be suspended though, because saying stuff like that is just completely out of order.

He said he would personally put a bullet between the young mans eyes and went on to say why, and also said he had spoken to the same persons father. Half cut or not it's despicable. And that was a very personal and vindictive rant he had.

I'm pretty sure the young mans family is not Tamil, btw. and is likely to be pretty affluent anyway. Not former refugees, then. There's lots of people from around the world who chose to come here in the sixties and seventies had families and regard Britian as home. People did and still do make choices to live in different countries. Some of our politicians have partners who did the same. I'm glad if he's suspended, yet another.....
AngryAsWell
Prime Minister

Post by AngryAsWell »

Ed Balls would 'save' NHS with cash injection in quickfire first budget

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2015 ... are_btn_tw" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
LadyCentauria
Speaker of the House
Location: Set within 3,500 acres of leafy public land in SW London

Post by LadyCentauria »

Tubby Isaacs wrote:http://www.newstatesman.com/media-mole/ ... lfare-cuts

Where IDS admits he hasn't done any work on the £12bn cuts.
Well because, as I said, the work that we do on this will be done in the spending room, we will announce that out at the time.
What's "the spending room"?
The spending review. That's what he kept saying today, on the DP 'Welfare Debate,' as the reason he hadn't laid out where the cuts were going to fall when Rachel Reeves cross-questioned him. I'd thought he said 'spending room' the first time he said it but it was clearer when I looked up at the telly, he repeated it and being able to read his lips helped make it clearer.
This time, I'm gonna be stronger I'm not giving in...
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

John Rentoul ‏@JohnRentoul 1m1 minute ago
If EdM wins, I predict this will be the first Labour promise to be broken: http://press.labour.org.uk/post/1145668 ... d-bank-use" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; …
What is the matter with this man? Permanent sour grapes.
utopiandreams
Speaker of the House

Post by utopiandreams »

Just saying I haven't started yet, am rather enjoying Ballot Monkeys. Have there been any others?