Wednesday 6th May 2015

A home from home
Forum rules
Welcome to FTN. New posters are welcome to join the conversation. You can follow us on Twitter @FlythenestHaven You are responsible for the content you post. This is a public forum. Treat it as if you are speaking in a crowded room. Site admin and Moderators are volunteers who will respond as quickly as they are able to when made aware of any complaints. Please do not post copyrighted material without the original authors permission.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Re: Wednesday 6th May 2015

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Alastair Campbell ‏@campbellclaret 37m37 minutes ago
Today is also the day, if you see someone reading Mail/Tel/Express/Murdoch paper to go up and say gently 'you know they lie don't you?'
Working on the wild side.
ephemerid
Speaker of the House

Post by ephemerid »

RobertSnozers wrote:
yahyah wrote:See you later.

Am also nervous because my husband's going for aortic aneurysm screening today.
I know it is just precautionary, but when my anxiety receptors are stimulated everything gets me twitchy.
Will be thinking of you and keeping everything crossed yahyah

Ditto. :hug:
"Poverty is the worst form of violence" - Mahatma Gandhi
TechnicalEphemera
Speaker of the House

Post by TechnicalEphemera »

I await the final YouGov poll with interest.

We will find out if the polls are broadly right and if Internet or phone polls are more accurate.

I suspect this will come down to the ground game in the marginals. If the young voters can be tweeted into voting things will get very interesting.

Incidentally if YouGov are correct there is a Con- Lab swing of 4-5% in England and Wales. This is a relatively small swing in votes, 5 in 100 voters. So organisers expecting obvious large swings in most seats should not be shocked that they aren't seeing that.

To all you heroes fighting on the ground, it is in your hands.

Have it.
Release the Guardvarks.
nickyinnorfolk
Minister of State

Post by nickyinnorfolk »

rebeccariots2 wrote:
Alastair Campbell ‏@campbellclaret 37m37 minutes ago
Today is also the day, if you see someone reading Mail/Tel/Express/Murdoch paper to go up and say gently 'you know they lie don't you?'
I think people are wising up to the bias, and social media has played a big part in that. For example, yesterday I saw a thread on Twitter where several people commented that Twitter had opened their eyes (that was the actual phrase) and that it had been an education reading about politics and spin. None of them could be described as political anoraks, quite the reverse, but it's encouraging that the internet is providing the means of political enlightenment. It's a bit like emerging from a modern version of the Dark Ages, if that doesn't sound too portentous.
Tish
Committee Member

Post by Tish »

mikems wrote:My view, and I hope this is not just wishful thinking, is that Labour will do better than the polls predict, both in England and Scotland. That's because so many large groups of people who do not usually vote have been hit hard and deliberately by the coalition. I'm not sure that polling companies deal with these groups well.

I don't trust the polling companies and don't believe they are interested in revealing an accurate picture so much as laying the ground for a tory win.
There was a big upsurge of people registering to vote just before the cut off date, I'm assuming that most of those won't have suddenly made the effort becouse they wanted things to carry on just as they were. I find that hopeful.

My other comfort is that the polls underestimated the Labour vote in 2010, and massively over estimated the LibDems. This whole "shy Tories" thing that the polls have been using since 1997 doesn't really seem to work anymore. After 13 years of a Labour government I suspect there are actually far more "shy Labour" voters nowadays, especially in Scotland.

So if the Labour vote is under represented in the polls and the SNP over represented then Labour may still get about 300 seats. Im clinging on to that hope until Friday anyway.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

From LDV. Piece and BTL seem fairly grounded.
Labour minority government – or coalition with the Lib Dems – would not actually need the SNP’s support
http://www.libdemvoice.org/labour-minor ... 45772.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
From this I conclude that the LibDems could actually join a coalition government with Labour without it being supported by the SNP (with reference to Nick Clegg’s statement that he would not do a deal which involved the SNP). All the SNP have to do is vote against a Cameron-led government (which they’ve said they would do) and abstain on the vote of confidence in a Miliband-led government.

Of course, there could be a perceived issue of legitimacy of a Miliband-led government, if Labour end up with significantly less seats and/or votes than the Tories. Nick Clegg has questioned the legitimacy of such a “coalition of the losers”. I don’t approve of that phrase. We are an anti-Tory party in many respects – in many policy areas when you compare full-fat Tory policies with ours, we are poles apart. So if you look again at scenario three above, even if Labour finish second, there could be a natural coalition around them which is anti-full-fat Toryism in nature. That is not losing. Such a coalition commands a vast swathe of voters, perhaps the lion’s share of voters. The votes just happen to be distributed across several parties. It is a very legitimate bloc of common interests.
PaulfromYorkshire
Site Admin

Post by PaulfromYorkshire »

The betting "men" don't have a clue either.

Basically both Dave and Ed are evens with most bookies.

Ed was very slight favourite last night with some, this morning it's Dave very slightly ahead.
mikems
Minister of State

Post by mikems »

In 2010, the Labour vote sat at home. In the run-up Labour had few supporters on blogs and social media. They were attacked from all sides and their supporters could not hold the line. The perception that there was something badly wrong with Gordon Brown was implanted in minds.

I think that is more or less the position the tories are in now on social media - attacked from left and right and with few effective supporters. I doubt that Tory voters will sit at home, but Labour supporters won't either, this time.
SpinningHugo
Prime Minister

Post by SpinningHugo »

PaulfromYorkshire wrote:The betting "men" don't have a clue either.

Basically both Dave and Ed are evens with most bookies.

Ed was very slight favourite last night with some, this morning it's Dave very slightly ahead.
Meaning there should be money to be made.

I have EM as PM at 5/4 (now into evens) and Labour minority at 13/8 (now out to 2/1).

Get on the latter.

But remember kids, only bet what you can afford (if anything) to lose.
StephenDolan
First Secretary of State

Post by StephenDolan »

Argh, what happened to the mobile friendly version of the site?
ScarletGas
Committee Chair

Post by ScarletGas »

rebeccariots2 wrote:From LDV. Piece and BTL seem fairly grounded.
Labour minority government – or coalition with the Lib Dems – would not actually need the SNP’s support
http://www.libdemvoice.org/labour-minor ... 45772.html
From this I conclude that the LibDems could actually join a coalition government with Labour without it being supported by the SNP (with reference to Nick Clegg’s statement that he would not do a deal which involved the SNP). All the SNP have to do is vote against a Cameron-led government (which they’ve said they would do) and abstain on the vote of confidence in a Miliband-led government.

Of course, there could be a perceived issue of legitimacy of a Miliband-led government, if Labour end up with significantly less seats and/or votes than the Tories. Nick Clegg has questioned the legitimacy of such a “coalition of the losers”. I don’t approve of that phrase. We are an anti-Tory party in many respects – in many policy areas when you compare full-fat Tory policies with ours, we are poles apart. So if you look again at scenario three above, even if Labour finish second, there could be a natural coalition around them which is anti-full-fat Toryism in nature. That is not losing. Such a coalition commands a vast swathe of voters, perhaps the lion’s share of voters. The votes just happen to be distributed across several parties. It is a very legitimate bloc of common interests.
So Clegg has questioned the "coalition of losers"

He has little sense of self awareness and even less recollection of recent history. How would describe his own partys performance in the last election and since?

On the legitimacy question I fail to see (provided the numbers were tolerably close) how a Labour/SNP government would be any less legitimate than a Conservative/LibDem if SNP finished 3rd and LibDems 4th.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

TechnicalEphemera wrote:I await the final YouGov poll with interest.

We will find out if the polls are broadly right and if Internet or phone polls are more accurate.

I suspect this will come down to the ground game in the marginals. If the young voters can be tweeted into voting things will get very interesting.

Incidentally if YouGov are correct there is a Con- Lab swing of 4-5% in England and Wales. This is a relatively small swing in votes, 5 in 100 voters. So organisers expecting obvious large swings in most seats should not be shocked that they aren't seeing that.

To all you heroes fighting on the ground, it is in your hands.

Have it.
Thank you TE on behalf of us ground fighters. It is, of course, pretty difficult to stand back and assess the bigger picture in your area when your focus is on individual doors and the people answering them. Add to that that you are - by the end of the campaign - pre selecting the doors to knock on to mostly exclude those you know are definitely not going to support your team - and I fully recognise the ease with which we door knockers can get a rosier picture than might be the actual case. That bias can be slightly offset by the focus on the undecided households over the past few weeks ... which are, after all, real game changers if they can be persuaded.

I find it impossible to guess the outcome in our constituency. All I can say with certainty is that we have worked really hard - and we have a really good candidate who has worked even harder and has improved his campaigning skills over the duration. We have exceeded all our targets for having conversations. I'm guessing a lot of the other Labour marginals will have too. If we don't win here - my inevitable sadness will be somewhat mitigated by knowing that we will still have our brilliant candidate as the leader of the Labour group in the council and that will only be good for the future of Pembrokeshire and for the next general election. If he wins ... well there's going to be a certain organiser's house in Fishguard that's probably going to pulsate with the cheers for days after.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

We seem to have lost the 'thanks' button. And a few other bits of info as well. Anyone?
Tizme1
Minister of State

Post by Tizme1 »

Good morning all.

It's official - my life is currently insane. So many major personal problems and worries that I've had to shove on the back burner and try not to fret over as I'm run ragged with our election campaign. I will be so, so, glad when this is over. Though my life will then still be insane but in a different way.

@ Tubby - I didn't get a chance to comment yesterday so in response to your comment, yes, I did misunderstand your 'pond life' comment. I was skim reading so didn't fully get what you were referring to. It was late and I'd had a bastard few days. Ordinarily I would have checked what you were saying more carefully. Or if I didn't have time for that, I'd have let it go on the basis that I hadn't checked it properly so might be misunderstanding if you see what I mean. My apologies.

@ yahyah - Good luck to you and Mr yahyah.
Although it is not true that all conservatives are stupid people, it is true that most stupid people are conservative.
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Post by AnatolyKasparov »

rebeccariots2 wrote:We seem to have lost the 'thanks' button. And a few other bits of info as well. Anyone?
Is this to keep the site usable in the next 48 hours?
"IS TONTY BLAIR BEHIND THIS???!!!!111???!!!"
TheGrimSqueaker
Speaker of the House

Post by TheGrimSqueaker »

Ultimately what I feel, is that by not removing the Tories, through an unwillingness to participate in the “masquerade of democracy”, I was implicitly expecting the most vulnerable people in society to pay the price on my behalf while I pondered alternatives in luxury.
Russell Brand, responding to criticism of his 'u-turn'. He has gone up further in my estimation with that comment.
COWER BRIEF MORTALS. HO. HO. HO.
seeingclearly
Speaker of the House

Post by seeingclearly »

ephemerid wrote:If you live in social or council housing in the Borough of Wandsworth, and you are eligible for the Under Occupation Penalty, you might get a letter from the council offering new accommodation - in Birmingham.

Wandsworth Cllr. Simon Hogg, who represents Latchmere and Battersea in the borough, has Tweeted a copy of the letter. In it, the council says it has properties in the private sector in the Birmingham area available to rent.
If you move, you can get £2,000 in expenses, plus between £3,500 to £5,000 cash depending on how many bedrooms there are in your current home in Wandsworth. Move from a 2-bed in Battersea to a one-bed in Brum and you get £5,500 in total.

That council is controlled by a Conservative majority.

I wonder how many people, struggling with money, will take up this bribe to be socially cleansed from their community?
That will be perhaps why it's impossible to find a one bedroom flat in Brum, with a shower, ground floor and will take DSS. Oh and somewhere close to the LHA. :smack: stupid me for not realising. Next thought, where do Brummies move to? And where did the people from that place go? :wall:
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

TheGrimSqueaker wrote:
Ultimately what I feel, is that by not removing the Tories, through an unwillingness to participate in the “masquerade of democracy”, I was implicitly expecting the most vulnerable people in society to pay the price on my behalf while I pondered alternatives in luxury.
Russell Brand, responding to criticism of his 'u-turn'. He has gone up further in my estimation with that comment.
Yes, me too. Thanks for that.
Willow904
Prime Minister

Post by Willow904 »

mikems wrote:Willow - managed to persuade two people to vote Labour in Somerset NE yesterday - they both live in Batheaston.
Hurrah!
"Fall seven times, get up eight" - Japanese proverb
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

@rebeccariots2

Yes - no thanks.

@Tizme1

Hope things get better for you soon. A change in government would at least be a step in the right direction!
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

Good-morning, I've been away from the news for a couple days.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Interesting and slightly cheering (for me at least) piece.
Think you know which seats to watch on May 7? Think again
https://theconversation.com/think-you-k ... gain-41073
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

rebeccariots2 wrote:We seem to have lost the 'thanks' button. And a few other bits of info as well. Anyone?
I've noticed that too. Is it to keep the site functioning?
PaulfromYorkshire
Site Admin

Post by PaulfromYorkshire »

Nice to read something decent and inspiring about the election on the BBC :o

Thanks Robert Peston

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-32608294
When the party leaders tell you this is the most important election in a generation, for once they are spot on.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

John O'Farrell ‏@mrjohnofarrell 16m16 minutes ago
Trying to decide which is more important; the NHS, housing, the bedroom tax, zero hours contracts. Or how the leaders eat a bacon sandwich.
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

Andy Taylor retweeted
norman smith ‏@BBCNormanS 19 mins19 minutes ago

TNS poll points to turnout of 69% across UK and 71% in Scotland #GE2015
We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office. – Aesop
ephemerid
Speaker of the House

Post by ephemerid »

seeingclearly wrote:
ephemerid wrote:If you live in social or council housing in the Borough of Wandsworth, and you are eligible for the Under Occupation Penalty, you might get a letter from the council offering new accommodation - in Birmingham.

Wandsworth Cllr. Simon Hogg, who represents Latchmere and Battersea in the borough, has Tweeted a copy of the letter. In it, the council says it has properties in the private sector in the Birmingham area available to rent.
If you move, you can get £2,000 in expenses, plus between £3,500 to £5,000 cash depending on how many bedrooms there are in your current home in Wandsworth. Move from a 2-bed in Battersea to a one-bed in Brum and you get £5,500 in total.

That council is controlled by a Conservative majority.

I wonder how many people, struggling with money, will take up this bribe to be socially cleansed from their community?
That will be perhaps why it's impossible to find a one bedroom flat in Brum, with a shower, ground floor and will take DSS. Oh and somewhere close to the LHA. :smack: stupid me for not realising. Next thought, where do Brummies move to? And where did the people from that place go? :wall:

The Wandsworth people will be sent to Brum, with £5,000 each to spend on private rents, This will run out v.quickly.

Brummies will go to Hull or somewhere in the North East by the sea. Eventually.

The people in Hull and the North East by the sea will be housed in caravans (which they'll pay tax on) parked on the eroding cliffs.

Once they've fallen into the briny, the Brummies will be given tents (because the caravans have gone) on the still eroding cliffs.

There will then be room in Brum for all the people from Hounslow, which is next.

Clearly, seeingclearly, you can't see clearly because you are not a Tory who sees these things clearly.

I hope that answers your questions.
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

A woman in Scotland (vox pop BBC) has just said that "for a good few years" (and that's a direct quote) she has been "impressed by Nicola Sturgeon and her policies" (again, a direct quote). I'm puzzled, as I thought I had been paying attention.
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Post by AnatolyKasparov »

ohsocynical wrote:Andy Taylor retweeted
norman smith ‏@BBCNormanS 19 mins19 minutes ago

TNS poll points to turnout of 69% across UK and 71% in Scotland #GE2015
That's actually lower than some polls are saying - though I agree there wont be much difference between Scotland and rUK (contrary to some claims)
"IS TONTY BLAIR BEHIND THIS???!!!!111???!!!"
ephemerid
Speaker of the House

Post by ephemerid »

rebeccariots2 wrote:
John O'Farrell ‏@mrjohnofarrell 16m16 minutes ago
Trying to decide which is more important; the NHS, housing, the bedroom tax, zero hours contracts. Or how the leaders eat a bacon sandwich.

Easy. Sandwiches. Every time.

1. Clegg - given a sandwich on a plate, declares that there isn't enough yellow mustard on it, but says he might eat it if Dave does too.

2. UKIP - Gets sarnie from shop wrapped in Union Jack; refuses to eat sandwich because the bacon might be Danish.

3. SNP - Sandwich presented in a deep-fried batter coating; destroyed in error by nationalists who aren't sandwich eaters.

4. Miliband - given a sarnie dripping in ketchup partially wrapped in paper, tries manfully to eat it, has a bit of a laugh.

5. Cameron - Roast loin of wild boar on brioche, presented in a silver chafing dish, with a linen napkin embroidered with the family crest; begins to eat with a knife and fork bearing the family crest; cuts off 12% of sarnie but refuses to divulge which of the servants gets it; Royal Corps of the Earl of Sandwich keeps photographers away.

I think that's how the important things need to be looked at.
TheGrimSqueaker
Speaker of the House

rebeccariots2 wrote:Interesting and slightly cheering (for me at least) piece.
Rossendale and Darwen, his "first seat to watch" is number 71 on Labour's target list, a lot of those others are even further down or, as with Hallam, not even on it; if you take those numbers, coupled with Smithson's comments about Labour having a 2%-3% lead in their top 50 seats, then that is very cheering. I know it is unlikely, but I still have my fingers crossed for a small majority.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

This is exactly what it's about.
Same Age What A Difference.jpg
Same Age What A Difference.jpg (51.71 KiB) Viewed 6394 times
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

TheGrimSqueaker wrote:
rebeccariots2 wrote:Interesting and slightly cheering (for me at least) piece.
Rossendale and Darwen, his "first seat to watch" is number 71 on Labour's target list, a lot of those others are even further down or, as with Hallam, not even on it; if you take those numbers, coupled with Smithson's comments about Labour having a 2%-3% lead in their top 50 seats, then that is very cheering. I know it is unlikely, but I still have my fingers crossed for a small majority.
Good. So am I. I'd wondered if I'd missed something significant happening on Monday or Tuesday blowing that possibility decisively out of the water.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Have to say that the site does seem to be performing a bit faster for me ... without the thanks etc. Shame to lose those functions - but for the sake of ensuring a whizz bang election night session on FTN ... no contest.
pk1
Speaker of the House

Post by pk1 »

Morning, all.

@yahyah - good luck !

@tizme - hope your personal worries are less cumbersome soon

@all but especially Oliver Coppard supporters, here is an email sent out this morning:
Dear Kathy,
The last few months have been the most tiring, testing and inspiring of my life. Since we started our campaign in June 2013 we’ve knocked on over 50,000 doors and spoken to 20,000 people. I’ve visited care homes and schools, food banks and fetes, allotments and duck races. I’ve debated across Sheffield Hallam and spoken at events from Bradfield to Bradway.

With opinion polls showing that it’s neck and neck between Nick Clegg and me, it all comes down to what we do in these last 36 hours. That’s why we’re putting everything we’ve got into the final moments of our campaign.

If you want to help us change things for the better in one of the most watched seats in the country, you can sign up to help us on polling day here.

I’ve also made a short video setting out what I believe in and why I’m asking for people’s support here. Please watch it and share it with friends and family – especially those who have a vote in Sheffield Hallam.
Click on the link for a video message:

rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Rowena Mason ‏@rowenamason 3m3 minutes ago
Ed Miliband bringing the house down in a theatre in Colne, Pendle - battleground Lancashire
Nice little video snippet with that tweet as he announces Labour have exceeded their conversations target ... they've now had 5 million conversations.
Last edited by rebeccariots2 on Wed 06 May, 2015 11:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
StephenDolan
First Secretary of State

Post by StephenDolan »

rebeccariots2 wrote:Have to say that the site does seem to be performing a bit faster for me ... without the thanks etc. Shame to lose those functions - but for the sake of ensuring a whizz bang election night session on FTN ... no contest.
Has the mobile version of the site been binned too?
Rebecca
Lord Chancellor

Post by Rebecca »

Morning all.
YahYah,hope all is well with your husband.Mrs OhSo,open the gin.
Was awake nearly all night due to the second power cut in 12 hours,my daughter is terrified of power failures,so even with candles lit she was unable to sleep,or relax,until 5 am.
So today I feel like my eyes are about to fall out with tiredness mixed with a vague(ish) dread about the election outcome.
I hope any person whose vote enables the Tories to get back in end up suffering from the next round of cuts/destruction to services .And they had better not letme hear them whining about it.
Might even say a small prayer tonight, going back to my catholic school days.
AngryAsWell
Prime Minister

Post by AngryAsWell »

ephemerid wrote:
RobertSnozers wrote:
yahyah wrote:See you later.

Am also nervous because my husband's going for aortic aneurysm screening today.
I know it is just precautionary, but when my anxiety receptors are stimulated everything gets me twitchy.
Will be thinking of you and keeping everything crossed yahyah

and ditto from me :hug:
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

George Eaton ‏@georgeeaton 9m9 minutes ago
Lab 46 - Con 33 in new @YouGov London poll - biggest lead for a year. Labour on course for 8-10 gains. http://bit.ly/1DRXuMi

Britain Elects ‏@britainelects 8m8 minutes ago
Latest London YouGov poll (YouGov | 29 Apr - 01 May):
LAB - 46% (+2)
CON - 33% (+1)
LDEM - 9% (+1)
UKIP - 8% (-2)
GRN - 3% (-2)
pk1
Speaker of the House

Post by pk1 »

Needs way more than 100 but hopefully this is an indication that there are indeed plenty of 'shy Labour' voters in Scotland.

http://labourlist.org/2015/05/herald-pu ... sh-labour/

There is also an interview with EM by James Landale & I so admire Ed's restraint in not landing one of Landale's hooter when he asks Ed is he understands what is meant by profit !

http://labourlist.org/2015/05/miliband- ... he-tories/
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

Rebecca wrote:Morning all.
YahYah,hope all is well with your husband.Mrs OhSo,open the gin.
Was awake nearly all night due to the second power cut in 12 hours,my daughter is terrified of power failures,so even with candles lit she was unable to sleep,or relax,until 5 am.
So today I feel like my eyes are about to fall out with tiredness mixed with a vague(ish) dread about the election outcome.
I hope any person whose vote enables the Tories to get back in end up suffering from the next round of cuts/destruction to services .And they had better not letme hear them whining about it.
Might even say a small prayer tonight, going back to my catholic school days.
I'm sorry to hear about your daughter & the extended power cut in your area, Rebecca. Please accept my wishes for your family's well-being.
AngryAsWell
Prime Minister

Post by AngryAsWell »

Lonewolfie wrote:
SpinningHugo wrote:
RobertSnozers wrote:OK, prediction time just to get it out of the way. I think Labour will win around 40 seats from the Tories and ten from LibDems but lose all 41 Scottish seats, leaving them with around 267-69. The Tories will lose the 40-odd to Labour but gain around five from the LibDems leaving them on 270-72. The LibDems will have, on that basis, and the inevitable losses to the SNP, have 30-32, which will be a strong enough performance in the face of potential wipeout that Clegg will easily retain the leadership. Lord only knows where this leaves us as the only arithmetic that would command a majority would be Lab+SNP+LibDem. I don't think the Tories can get to a majority.

As to what happens next, I don't want to say as it scares the living daylights out of me.

Edited: previously forgot to account for LibDem losses to SNP
Con 279
Lab 272
LD 27
SNP 46
Ukip 3

Or something like that. That, just, puts EM in no 10.

I can't imagine Labour doing worse than that. Labour minority government.

Despite the criticisms, I think the polls will be largely right, and I don't expect any late movements. There hasn't been any Cleggmania style movement at all this time, they have been wholly static. Nothing has changed for months.
Except, of course, the methodology used by said polling companies.
(I know - I live in Hope etc....and you may say I'm a dreamer...but I'm not the only one!)

I'm right with you Wolfie!
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

AngryAsWell wrote:
ephemerid wrote:
RobertSnozers wrote: Will be thinking of you and keeping everything crossed yahyah

xx
cJA
TheGrimSqueaker
Speaker of the House

AngryAsWell wrote:
ephemerid wrote:
RobertSnozers wrote: Will be thinking of you and keeping everything crossed yahyah

And, it goes without saying (but I'll say it anyway) from me. :hug:
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

pk1 wrote:Needs way more than 100 but hopefully this is an indication that there are indeed plenty of 'shy Labour' voters in Scotland.

There is also an interview with EM by James Landale & I so admire Ed's restraint in not landing one of Landale's hooter when he asks Ed is he understands what is meant by profit !

I heard that interview. It was crass - childish, even (on the part of James Landale). Did David Cameron get similarly interviewed? If he did, I missed it.
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

Tizme1 wrote:Good morning all.

It's official - my life is currently insane. So many major personal problems and worries that I've had to shove on the back burner and try not to fret over as I'm run ragged with our election campaign. I will be so, so, glad when this is over. Though my life will then still be insane but in a different way.

@ Tubby - I didn't get a chance to comment yesterday so in response to your comment, yes, I did misunderstand your 'pond life' comment. I was skim reading so didn't fully get what you were referring to. It was late and I'd had a bastard few days. Ordinarily I would have checked what you were saying more carefully. Or if I didn't have time for that, I'd have let it go on the basis that I hadn't checked it properly so might be misunderstanding if you see what I mean. My apologies.

@ yahyah - Good luck to you and Mr yahyah.
May the time of sorrows be done soon. I hope we all laugh with gladness more often for the best reason - because we're mostly happy most of the time.
Peace.
xx
cJA
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Priceless.
Its Erection Day.jpg
Its Erection Day.jpg (55.41 KiB) Viewed 8338 times
James Duddridge ‏@JamesDuddridge May 4
Always have someone to proof read your leaflet. This one had no imprint and mentions Erection Day. Keep it up!
pk1
Speaker of the House

Post by pk1 »

Ooohhhhhhh, I'm so scared but in searching for some cheer, it occurred to me that if Labour lost this election, they would be in much better shape for 2020 because so many of the old Blairites & whingers will have retired & the Parliamentary party will be largely younger, more engaged MP's.

I don't want us to lose, I'm pessimistic by nature but I also need to find some positives & this was what I came up with :lol:
pk1
Speaker of the House

Post by pk1 »

PorFavor wrote:
pk1 wrote:Needs way more than 100 but hopefully this is an indication that there are indeed plenty of 'shy Labour' voters in Scotland.

I heard that interview. It was crass - childish, even (on the part of James Landale). Did David Cameron get similarly interviewed? If he did, I missed it.
I turned it off around the 2 minute mark. Sneering etonians - I despise them !