Wednesday 6th May 2015

A home from home
Forum rules
Welcome to FTN. New posters are welcome to join the conversation. You can follow us on Twitter @FlythenestHaven You are responsible for the content you post. This is a public forum. Treat it as if you are speaking in a crowded room. Site admin and Moderators are volunteers who will respond as quickly as they are able to when made aware of any complaints. Please do not post copyrighted material without the original authors permission.
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Re: Wednesday 6th May 2015

Post by PorFavor »

yahyah wrote:
Spacedone wrote:
ohsocynical wrote:Mark Littlewood ‏@MarkJLittlewood 58 mins58 minutes ago

For those hoping for/predicting 1992 style Tory surge...back then, it showed up in the polls on eve of election day. In #ge2015, it isn't.
The real wildcard in this election is what all those undecideds do tomorrow.

My nerves have just gone all a-twingle again.
No. That's knicker elastic, that is.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Well at least I was pretty sure it was refitman tinkering around with the site ... and not a general site loopiness ... and that was far less nerve wracking. (How do you spell wracking, someone? Wracking or racking?)
Working on the wild side.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Mike Smithson @MSmithsonPB · 15m 15 minutes ago
Polling Observatory seat forecast
LAB 273
CON 271
LD 24
SNP 55
UKIP 2
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

Woo hoo!
Thank goodness you all are here.
I was a little nervous.
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

citizenJA wrote:Woo hoo!
I was a little nervous.

I was a big nervous.
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

@Harryslaststand Raw data from Guardian LAB 37% CON 33% but Lab turnout expected to be lower. If we get Labour people to vote we win Plz RT

Pat_ JFT96 ‏@Pat_167  3 mins
Esther McVey four points behind in Wirral West going into last 24 hours of General Election #LabourMustWin

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/est ... ar_twitter …

@standardnews still showing Hornsey & Wood Green as a #LabourGain & saying that Lynne Featherstone is looking doomed.

ProfessorPaulCairney ‏@CairneyPaul  8 mins
“@drjennings: Our final @pollingobs seat forecast:

Lab 273, Con 271, LibDem 24, SNP 55, UKIP 2” good outcome if don't like mental arithmetic
While the site was out, I saved these Tweets hoping they'll keep our spirits up....
We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office. – Aesop
TechnicalEphemera
Speaker of the House

Post by TechnicalEphemera »

rebeccariots2 wrote:Tom Newton Dunn ‏@tnewtondunn 17m17 minutes ago
Wow. We now have the final @YouGov poll for #GE2015; 10,000 asked. Peter Kellner's final seat projection also revealed at 10pm on #SunNation

Smithson is saying this tweet probably means a good final poll for the Tories .... hmmmm.
Yep worrying me that one,

Although note no reference to anything remarkable about the poll. It may just be a tweet that it is their final one.

Here is hoping anyway.
Release the Guardvarks.
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

PorFavor wrote:
citizenJA wrote:Woo hoo!
I was a little nervous.

I was a big nervous.

Me too!

Thanks Dan :heart:
Spacedone
Whip

Post by Spacedone »

Mike Smithson ‏@MSmithsonPB 1m1 minute ago

Panelbase
LAB 33% (-1), CON 31% (-1%), UKIP 16% (-1), LD 8% (NC), GRN 5% (+1), SNP 5%, OTH 2
TechnicalEphemera
Speaker of the House

Spacedone wrote:
Mike Smithson ‏@MSmithsonPB 1m1 minute ago

Panelbase
LAB 33% (-1), CON 31% (-1%), UKIP 16% (-1), LD 8% (NC), GRN 5% (+1), SNP 5%, OTH 2
Hang on where have those -3 gone? The Greens have selfishly grabbed 1 are TUSC making a late bid?
Release the Guardvarks.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Extraordinary piece about what is happening in Scotland.
If the SNP doesn’t hate the English, why do so many of its supporters behave as if they do?
http://blogs.spectator.co.uk/coffeehous ... f-they-do/
... Scotland has a problem, whichever way this week’s vote goes or went. Its politics have become shrill, illogical and nasty. It has learned to exclude. It always has a bit, of course, and a whole vein of Scottish politics has long involved the ridicule of the likes of me, the private-school poshos, as ‘pretendy Scottish’ or ‘Scottish-ish’.

The striking thing now, though, is how much further it has gone. Scottish nationalism has bundled all of its enemies together, as Tories and Red Tories and quislings and traitors and all the rest of it. Scottish Labour, the dominant political force for a generation, is in absolute shock; speak to them and they sound like White Russians not quite in exile yet. They’ve lost their country. It sounds melodramatic, I know. But they have.

Sane and sensible politics doesn’t do that to anybody. Really, this is my beef with nationalism. It is the politics of people who claim to be defining themselves, but are actually defining everybody else, thereby cowing a majority into silence. ...
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

ohsocynical wrote:
@Harryslaststand Raw data from Guardian LAB 37% CON 33% but Lab turnout expected to be lower. If we get Labour people to vote we win Plz RT

Pat_ JFT96 ‏@Pat_167  3 mins
Esther McVey four points behind in Wirral West going into last 24 hours of General Election #LabourMustWin

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/est ... ar_twitter …

@standardnews still showing Hornsey & Wood Green as a #LabourGain & saying that Lynne Featherstone is looking doomed.

ProfessorPaulCairney ‏@CairneyPaul  8 mins
“@drjennings: Our final @pollingobs seat forecast:

Lab 273, Con 271, LibDem 24, SNP 55, UKIP 2” good outcome if don't like mental arithmetic
While the site was out, I saved these Tweets hoping they'll keep our spirits up....

Thanks!
LadyCentauria
Speaker of the House
Location: Set within 3,500 acres of leafy public land in SW London

Post by LadyCentauria »

Checking in, now heading back to read from the beginning :)
This time, I'm gonna be stronger I'm not giving in...
TechnicalEphemera
Speaker of the House

Are we still working.

Is it just me or do we have too many polls syndrome. It particularly annoys me when they are teased as this is manipulation of the population by the media.

- No polls except exit polls to be published on Election Day.
- Polls to be released prior to any comment on their content.
- No published seat polling during the election campaign.
Release the Guardvarks.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Survation. @Survation · 30m 30 minutes ago
POLL ALERT: Multiple poll releases tonight. All will become clear following us & @damiansurvation for press releases: http://eepurl.com/mOK8P
WelshIan
Committee Member

Post by WelshIan »

Thanks for the recent posts - those polling figures look quite promising. I was feeling quite down today, someone we have spent a lot of time talking to about politics and the differences between the parties announced that she was considering the LibDems because they sounded quite good on the radio. She is in her early 20s and she had no awareness of the student fees thing.
Someone else also said she didn't know if she would vote Labour, despite having voted for them all her life because EdM is weak, etc.
These things were debated but I'm not sure if their minds were changed :cry:

What is wrong with the Tories that even the faint prospect of another 5 years of them in government is so scary?

My wife had a busy day at work today, I started talking about this with her, and she said 'I forgot the election was tomorrow'. I wish I could forget about it!

Off to watch some TV. Good night all and see you tomorrow night!
AngryAsWell
Prime Minister

Post by AngryAsWell »

TechnicalEphemera wrote:Are we still working.

Is it just me or do we have too many polls syndrome. It particularly annoys me when they are teased as this is manipulation of the population by the media.

I've been thinking this, yet Ashcroft is supposed to be doing one tomorrow.
Willow904
Prime Minister

Post by Willow904 »

AngryAsWell wrote:

Maybe he's got until polling stations open at 7am before polls are embargoed?
"Fall seven times, get up eight" - Japanese proverb
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

AngryAsWell wrote:

I think it's more than just the Ashcroft poll being released tomorrow. Agree with you ... it feels wrong.
pk1
Speaker of the House

Post by pk1 »

AngryAsWell wrote:

Not 'doing' one but releasing the results of one. Ipsos Mori are doing the same apparently.
TechnicalEphemera
Speaker of the House

Here is somebody predicting the polls are all wrong and the Ztories are heading for a majority. Found via Smithson.

http://www.ncpolitics.uk/2015/05/shy-to ... 2015.html/

I think it would be a huge miss for their prediction to come to pass. That said I am not feeling hugely confident about Labour's prospects.
Release the Guardvarks.
pk1
Speaker of the House

Post by pk1 »

TechnicalEphemera wrote:Here is somebody predicting the polls are all wrong and the Ztories are heading for a majority. Found via Smithson.

I think it would be a huge miss for their prediction to come to pass. That said I am not feeling hugely confident about Labour's prospects.
Quote extraordinary how, given the vast majority of polls are within MOE of each other, the numerous commentators never query their own biases - instead they seek to deny what the polls tell them !
Last edited by pk1 on Wed 06 May, 2015 9:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

This is a test
You got that right.
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

PorFavor wrote:
This is a test
You got that right.
How are we doing?
LadyCentauria
Speaker of the House
Location: Set within 3,500 acres of leafy public land in SW London

Post by LadyCentauria »

ephemerid wrote:If you live in social or council housing in the Borough of Wandsworth, and you are eligible for the Under Occupation Penalty, you might get a letter from the council offering new accommodation - in Birmingham.

Wandsworth Cllr. Simon Hogg, who represents Latchmere and Battersea in the borough, has Tweeted a copy of the letter. In it, the council says it has properties in the private sector in the Birmingham area available to rent.
If you move, you can get £2,000 in expenses, plus between £3,500 to £5,000 cash depending on how many bedrooms there are in your current home in Wandsworth. Move from a 2-bed in Battersea to a one-bed in Brum and you get £5,500 in total.

That council is controlled by a Conservative majority.

I wonder how many people, struggling with money, will take up this bribe to be socially cleansed from their community?
Hmm. I have one neighbour who might take up that offer – she's from Birmingham and visits regularly to help care for her disabled brother and to see the wider family. Dunno, though as all her children and grandchildren are down here. I wouldn't accept that offer – even if I were willing to give up what security of tenure I still have, and my local support network – as I've no connections there at all. I do wonder how many would take up a similar offer to move to a different area though – but Wandsworth have a range of 'bribes' already in place, either to move into the private sector or to downside into other social housing (council or housing association) inside the borough or in another area of the country.
This time, I'm gonna be stronger I'm not giving in...
TechnicalEphemera
Speaker of the House

pk1 wrote:
TechnicalEphemera wrote:Here is somebody predicting the polls are all wrong and the Ztories are heading for a majority. Found via Smithson.

Quote extraordinary how, given the vast majority of polls are within MOE of each other, the numerous commentators never query their own biases - instead they seek to deny what the polls tell them !
Well they are claiming a systematic bias impacting all polls.
Release the Guardvarks.
seeingclearly
Speaker of the House

Post by seeingclearly »

TechnicalEphemera wrote:
seeingclearly wrote:
howsillyofme1 wrote:Evening everyone

So everyone, pollsters and election forecasters, are predicting the Tories as biggest party with some even suggesting a majority, not even obtained in 2010!

Can someone explains what gives?

I can possibly see a narrow seat margin because of the SNP effect but am not at all convinced that the polls are showing that - but surely a majority is a non-starter?

What are these guys drinking?
Does it affect the betting?
I think you may be confused, that is the 2010 predictions.

Nobody this time is predicting a majority, most are predicting Tories being the largest party. Incidentally ICM had Labour well ahead prior to adjustment but are now announcing preliminary results of a dead heat.
A bit of a long post written earlier, when it wouldn't post, went away, got very annoyed by a post with a message from Blair to Ed, attracting loads of posts from almost Labour voters, put off and mostly now saying they'll vote green. When I say loads, was into the +1000 comments and rising. FB post, so who knows what it will do.

------------------

I find it baffling that it's so incredibly close, when I see people wavering all over the place, getting pushed and pulled, and that the pollsters are so remarkably unanimous. As polls for other elections have not really delivered I'm not sure what to make of these. Especially as the rags they appear in also have almost unanimous support for one party.

I'm also baffled that this seems not to be reflected in daily life. Do woolly brained lefties like me really never encounter the blue brigade, do they never venture into any common territory. I only lately remembered I do know one, lives very close, but that's, for me an anomaly.

I'd have loved to have been able to meet some, I'm not sure even what they'd look like. But thing I know where some might be.

It looks as though my constituency is safe but right across the road from me is John Hemmings' territory, full of frothing far right people, flag wearing, immigrant loathing, heavy drinking, bovver boot inheritors, interspersed with a few rather nice people who desperately wish they lived anywhere else but can't afford to move.

If I walked North, which is these days a purely hypothetical activity, I'd feel safe in all the suburbs I passed, and a few more I won't, clear to the city centre, but travel south and there are visible markers to deter strangers, and a sullen hostility in the air. Are these the missing voters, do they, without any fanfare, vote tactically?

It's odd because it almost seems less British than Saltley, of 'camera on every street corner' fame, where the streets are empty of the women whose voices you sometimes hear; reminds me of 11 am in the poor streets here during my childhood, when the women done with doorsteps , washing, beating rugs and so on, were quiet in their kitchens, babes out in prams, and undoing aprons and headscarves, taking out rollers over their cups of tea, while their menfolk were hard at it in factories, from where they would flow outward to the pub at noon. Today the corner pubs in Saltley are no more, replaced by mosques and the lunchtime sirens by the call to prayer, but they still seem more English than the edgy places to my south where I'd no sooner walk at night than at midday.

Tonight I'm wondering whether my city can be healed. The places I find safe and haves for decades been able to walk through, even as a lone woman, with no sense of danger or threat, are the fearsome Trojan horse lands, though we've really seen little evidence of this mythical objects existence, and where this week school heads spoke of dead animals being left on fences and in the playgrounds of young children. I deeply suspect that the animals originate in the areas I wouldn't venture into, where dogfighting is not unknown. Along with the cars that anxious parents report to be cruising the roads close to our schools..... filled with hate shouting youths.

The fault line runs right past my house, the evidence of its existence the graffiti, unbearably reminiscent of the past, that appear on the long white wall that leads to the bus stop that caters for the thousands that travel our outer circle route, in and out of our communities, many of them our mixed young teens, every shade of human, travelling the long routes to and from home. It gets repainted a lot, this wall. Seen a lot too. And at night I sometimes hear voices that sing or shout the same messages, and am appalled.

Whatever result we get I feel fearful, hopeful, confused about our future.

i wonder about how close things are and the results are said to be be likely to be, and if the fractures are too great, or the trust too hard to regain. And I worry for the peaceful mixed communities interspersed everywhere that merge easily into our more visibly ethnic areas. I wonder how damaged we really are, and whether we'll be allowed to grow back together. Whether the media shouting will cease and the right wing haranguing come to an end.

We'll have to wait and hope and see. And hope too there's enough people here who will stand together in solidarity. I'd like the wall to have a community feel, based on solidarity not polarity, but it wouldn't survive the day. I'd like community orchards on the wide swathe of green across the way, but they'd not be allowed to survive.

We are free of the howls of 'red Tories', though, and I've found something - a tiny bit of certainty!
rearofthestore
Committee Member

Post by rearofthestore »

So not so good for the CONS as suggested
Mike Smithson ‏@MSmithsonPB 7s7 seconds ago
Sky News says tonight's YouGov is CON 34 LAB 34
pk1
Speaker of the House

Post by pk1 »

TechnicalEphemera wrote:
pk1 wrote:

The polls all underestimated Labour in 2010 though so I'm not seeing how they can suddenly all be wrong in the Tory direction.

See Smithson has asked him if he expects to see a 6% Tory lead & a majority. I'd be gobsmacked if that was ever found to be the case then I'd go and chuck myself off the pier.
TechnicalEphemera
Speaker of the House

Above, if you want to meet Tories, get a horse.

The horsey community is riddled with the tossers, often otherwise nice normal (and not always wealthy) people who are rock solid Tory.

Clueless or evil, I haven't made up my mind.
Release the Guardvarks.
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

TechnicalEphemera wrote:
pk1 wrote:

"It is possible that the changes in the political landscape since 2010 have caused previously very strong patterns to break down."

It was after reading that line I gave it up & navigated away from the page.
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

Goodnight, everyone.
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

TechnicalEphemera wrote:Above, if you want to meet Tories, get a horse.

The horsey community is riddled with the tossers, often otherwise nice normal (and not always wealthy) people who are rock solid Tory.

The only people I know riding horses are Labour party union members working for the NHS. I accept this may not be representative of most people riding horses.
TechnicalEphemera
Speaker of the House

pk1 wrote:
TechnicalEphemera wrote:
pk1 wrote: Quote extraordinary how, given the vast majority of polls are within MOE of each other, the numerous commentators never query their own biases - instead they seek to deny what the polls tell them !
The polls all underestimated Labour in 2010 though so I'm not seeing how they can suddenly all be wrong in the Tory direction.

See Smithson has asked him if he expects to see a 6% Tory lead & a majority. I'd be gobsmacked if that was ever found to be the case then I'd go and chuck myself off the pier.
The thesis makes sense if you view 2010 as an exception caused by Labour being an unpopular government that people didn't want to admit voting for.

But I am not sure Cameron's government is that toxic, thanks to the media bias and their pro-establishment support. I don't see the same imperative to vote Tory.

I also think the unwinding of the Lib Dems hides the true scale of Tory local government losses which is another marker they are looking at.
Release the Guardvarks.
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

PorFavor wrote:Goodnight, everyone.
Goodnight, PF
TechnicalEphemera
Speaker of the House

citizenJA wrote:

The only people I know riding horses are Labour party union members working for the NHS. I accept this may not be representative of most people riding horses.
Sadly it isn't, any riding club is stuffed full of them.
Release the Guardvarks.
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

PorFavor wrote:Goodnight, everyone.
Night PF :)
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

TechnicalEphemera wrote:
citizenJA wrote:

Are the horses voting Tory, then? I'm confused.
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

I'm back again. I couldn't say goodnight without sharing this e-mail, which I just found in my inbox. It's beautifully written and a lump came into my throat (yes, really) as I read it.

As I write this, Justine and I are on our last trip on the Labour campaign bus. We're heading back from an incredible supporter rally in Leeds to Doncaster so we can vote there first thing tomorrow morning.

So while I have this rare, quiet moment, I want to say this: thank you.

I am so proud to have fought this campaign alongside you. If our country votes for a Labour government tomorrow, it will be because of the dedication, passion and generosity of hundreds of thousands of people like you.

This truly grassroots-powered campaign has been unlike anything I've experienced in politics before. Meeting so many of you — and seeing first-hand your enthusiasm and energy for our vision of a better, fairer, more equal Britain — has been the biggest joy for me of the last six weeks.

So whatever the outcome tomorrow, I want now to celebrate and recognise the historic things we've already achieved together: the most conversations ever had with voters, the most small donations to an election campaign, the most volunteers.

I know that the vision we have spread across Britain — friend-by-friend, house-by-house, street-by-street — is one that can deliver real change for our country. It is a vision that can make lives better for millions of people, now and for generations to come.

So, as you cast your vote tomorrow, remember who we are fighting this election for: the millions who work so hard every single day but still can't make ends meet; the hundreds of thousands suffering under the weight of a Bedroom Tax they cannot escape; the young people who fear life will be worse for them than it was for their parents.

We are fighting this election for all of us. And for the part you've played — and will play tomorrow — I want to thank you, [ ], from the bottom of my heart.

Here's to you, and to a brighter future for our great country.

Ed

So, with that thought - goodnight and sleep well. See you all tomorrow.
Rebecca
Lord Chancellor

Post by Rebecca »

evening all.
I am not looking forward to going to bed tonight,shame as I am very tired.The power cuts were caused by an intermittent underground fault which the engineers have been unable to locate.very tense,cross daughter staring accusingly at the candles and nervously at the chandelier.
Anyway,nothing left to do but go out and vote tomorrow,and may the best man win.We all know who that is.
I was wondering if it would be possible for ftn to tweet a message to Ed,thanking him for such a very good and principled election campaign?
I do hope he spends the night cuddled up with Justine and the kids,safe in the heart of his family.
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

That's lovely, PorFavor, thank you.
refitman
Site Admin

Post by refitman »

PorFavor wrote:I'm back again. I couldn't say goodnight without sharing this e-mail, which I just found in my inbox. It's beautifully written and a lump came into my throat (yes, really) as I read it.

As I write this, Justine and I are on our last trip on the Labour campaign bus. We're heading back from an incredible supporter rally in Leeds to Doncaster so we can vote there first thing tomorrow morning.

I am so proud to have fought this campaign alongside you. If our country votes for a Labour government tomorrow, it will be because of the dedication, passion and generosity of hundreds of thousands of people like you.

This truly grassroots-powered campaign has been unlike anything I've experienced in politics before. Meeting so many of you — and seeing first-hand your enthusiasm and energy for our vision of a better, fairer, more equal Britain — has been the biggest joy for me of the last six weeks.

So whatever the outcome tomorrow, I want now to celebrate and recognise the historic things we've already achieved together: the most conversations ever had with voters, the most small donations to an election campaign, the most volunteers.

I know that the vision we have spread across Britain — friend-by-friend, house-by-house, street-by-street — is one that can deliver real change for our country. It is a vision that can make lives better for millions of people, now and for generations to come.

So, as you cast your vote tomorrow, remember who we are fighting this election for: the millions who work so hard every single day but still can't make ends meet; the hundreds of thousands suffering under the weight of a Bedroom Tax they cannot escape; the young people who fear life will be worse for them than it was for their parents.

We are fighting this election for all of us. And for the part you've played — and will play tomorrow — I want to thank you, [ ], from the bottom of my heart.

Ed

I've just had the same email. Now that's how you thank your supporters.
Rebecca
Lord Chancellor

Post by Rebecca »

PorFavor wrote:I'm back again. I couldn't say goodnight without sharing this e-mail, which I just found in my inbox. It's beautifully written and a lump came into my throat (yes, really) as I read it.

I know that the vision we have spread across Britain — friend-by-friend, house-by-house, street-by-street — is one that
can deliver real change for our country. It is a vision that can make lives better for millions of people, now and for generations to come.

Ed

Thanks PF,that is a lovely message.What a kind and good man he is.
EM for PM,as spinning hugo would say.
PaulfromYorkshire
Site Admin

Post by PaulfromYorkshire »

I'm reading the Twitter feed from our candidate Jane East and it's truly heart-warming. So many good people out there. I hope they prevail.

If you want to look it's

https://twitter.com/Jane_East4CV
ephemerid
Speaker of the House

Post by ephemerid »

Goodnight all.

Early start for us tomorrow - we have a "Good Morning, it's voting day" leaflet to deliver to the townsfolk of our half of Hay first thing.

Brecon and Radnor Labour are doing this all over the constituency - which is huge - in a last-ditch effort for Matthew.

Show and I have 3 estates to do, but they're not huge so with my painkillers on board it should be a breeze.
Or, indeed, a very high wind if it's anything like today.

Hope you all get some rest - and Rebecca, I hope you get your power back soon.

Nighty night, all. Hugs all round.
"Poverty is the worst form of violence" - Mahatma Gandhi
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

ephemerid wrote:Goodnight all.

Early start for us tomorrow - we have a "Good Morning, it's voting day" leaflet to deliver to the townsfolk of our half of Hay first thing.

Brecon and Radnor Labour are doing this all over the constituency - which is huge - in a last-ditch effort for Matthew.

Show and I have 3 estates to do, but they're not huge so with my painkillers on board it should be a breeze.
Or, indeed, a very high wind if it's anything like today.

Hope you all get some rest - and Rebecca, I hope you get your power back soon.

Nighty night, all. Hugs all round.
Goodnight, Ephemerid.
xx
cJA
TechnicalEphemera
Speaker of the House

citizenJA wrote:
TechnicalEphemera wrote:
citizenJA wrote:The only people I know riding horses are Labour party union members working for the NHS. I accept this may not be representative of most people riding horses.
The horses are voting Green.

That is to say they will tow you to the nearest Green thing they can find - which is always grass - if you let them.

I fear they may not have fully understood the intricacies of our electoral system.
Release the Guardvarks.
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

TechnicalEphemera wrote:
citizenJA wrote:
TechnicalEphemera wrote: Sadly it isn't, any riding club is stuffed full of them.
The horses are voting Green.

That is to say they will tow you to the nearest Green thing they can find - which is always grass - if you let them.

I fear they may not have fully understood the intricacies of our electoral system.
:rock:
pk1
Speaker of the House

Post by pk1 »

The photos of the queue for that Leeds rally are amazing !

Enjoy the front page of tomorrow's Mirror
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (148.54 KiB) Viewed 10023 times
seeingclearly
Speaker of the House

Post by seeingclearly »

Oh, I have met some evil ones, trotters or something, we don't see many here, but I used to live in what passed for countryside. Didn't really know them so much as preserved the lives of me and mine from their recklessness. I've two close friends, one in Wales and another out Ephies way, both Labour supporters. And while no longer horse owners, have owned and loved them while being Labour voters, one rides regularly still, and would supply me with horse muck if I could still manage a garden. But that's what I mean, I really only know one Tory supporter, and haven't a clue what makes them tick. Other than the money loving property owning stereotypes, that is.

Anyway my good news is my safe Labour seat is expected to be very safe, around 50% and the next on only 16%. A green surge was suggested, because we've got a large vegan and environmental lot here, but they are expected to get no more than 5%.