Friday 8th May 2015

A home from home
Forum rules
Welcome to FTN. New posters are welcome to join the conversation. You can follow us on Twitter @FlythenestHaven You are responsible for the content you post. This is a public forum. Treat it as if you are speaking in a crowded room. Site admin and Moderators are volunteers who will respond as quickly as they are able to when made aware of any complaints. Please do not post copyrighted material without the original authors permission.
Willow904
Prime Minister

Re: Friday 8th May 2015

Post by Willow904 »

TechnicalEphemera wrote:
Willow904 wrote:
TechnicalEphemera wrote:By the way, if you are in the South West visit the Exmoor Pony Centre and hug a pony. You will feel better

(they particularly enjoy having their bottom scratched just above the tail as they can't reach that bit).
Thankfully both our Labour councillors have been re-elected to the district council so we are still officially a Labour village even if we are now sitting in a giant sea of blue that stretches from North Somerset all the way to Land's End. Indeed, district-wise, we actually picked up a few more Labour councillors than previously, although still only a modest 6, so at least some Libdems must have jumped Labour's way. Stuck with Rees-Mogg, but it was gifted to him really by the boundary commission which created a proper Tory seat out of the previous marginal. Bit like how Cameron needed Murdoch to win the election for him with his SNP mates. I think what we've really learned from this election is that cheater's win.
You haven't been amending the text of signs held up by Tory voting trees have you?

I noticed a rebellious streak around the area, not to mention a creative use of a spray can.
Ha! No, not me I'm afraid. I do wish I could do more, though, to fight these Tory toffs. This country is still so ruddy feudal. I sometimes think the city dwellers don't really get that. Half the farmers round here rent their land from Prince Charles and Rees-Mogg's mother owns half of Wiltshire.
"Fall seven times, get up eight" - Japanese proverb
Tizme1
Minister of State

Post by Tizme1 »

rustinpeace wrote:Well, well, well... a Conservative majority. A Conservative majority. A dream come true. I'm so happy I can barely type. Several of you now need to look over your posts of the last five years and have a word with yourselves. In your own time.

After five long years of shrieking and crowing incessantly on CiF and in to this echo chamber about 'when we kick those
evil Tories out in 2015', it would appear that your beloved Labour party has failed. And boy have you failed.

I took today off work to enjoy the coverage and have taken great pleasure in watching each individual nail being hammered
in to Labour's coffin. Five years of bleating, only to see your dreams of another 'something for nothing' sponger
enabling, benefit junkie, public-sector-waste-loving Labour government go down in flames.

It's been highly amusing seeing my name pop up regularly over here in recent months. However, I figured I'd bide my time
and return today of all days. I left CiF after taking a three month trial with The Times and was instantly blown away by
both the standard of journalism and the vastly superior comments section. Also, I discovered Twitter, which has been truly
revelationary.

I kept a careful eye on CiF & FTN however. Whilst I opted to stop posting on CiF, I've seen poor old Squeaks asserting as
absolute fact that I work for The Guardian (wrong), have connections to Guido Fawkes (wrong again), operate various
accounts on CiF (still wrong) and work for the Conservative Party (also wrong, although I am a party member and did put in
a solid 16 hour volunteering stint yesterday). At one point last week he thought I was operating five accounts (yep...
wrong). He's seeing me wherever he looks. Frightening.

But, here we are. Those of you who spend your entire lives on here calculating how much of other people's money you've
decided you're entitled to are in for a nasty shock. The people of Britain have spoken and, beautifully, they have
rejected the wretched, failed policies of the Left once and for all. It's time for a dizzying and timely array of cuts - tax cuts,
welfare cuts and yes, public sector cuts. Time to bring the monolithic nightmare that is the NHS to heel and to open those
private sector floodgates immediately. I may return to CiF to conduct the lefty orchestra on occasion, to whip you all up
in to a hysterical frenzy at times of particularly delicious Conservative policymaking, but for the most part I'll be
leaving you to continue bleating pointlessly in to your echo chamber. We now also get to enjoy the marvellous spectacle of
Labour tearing what's left of itself to shreds in a leadership contest. It's always bloody and Miliband's political demise looks like it won't disappoint.

The temptation is to really rub your faces in to what is a catastrophic Labour failure, worse than the polls could ever
have suggested. However I'd rather leave on a positive. What we will now have is a stable, growing economy, with a strong
and confident government behind it. The chances for us all to make the most of this are myriad. There's much to look
forward to. The next five years could be something truly special for this wonderful country; let's all share in it.

I'd love to stay and chat, but I have some champagne to open and at least five more years of Conservative government to
enjoy. So long, lefties. 1,825 days. You're going to love it.

Your pal,
Rusty
Rusty,

Your post says so much more about you than anything else. That you are so happy to intrude upon other peoples grief in order to gloat shows a lack of empathy or consideration for others. Clearly you are enjoying the current Tory 'success'. I hope you don't live to regret that. Even champagne grapes can turn sour.

I hope you don't get to see schools with leaking roofs and no heating, I hope you don't get to see patients on trolleys in hospital corridors waiting for hours and days to be attended to, and dying before they are given assistance. I hope you don't get to see your loved ones losing their homes and living on the streets. I hope you don't get to see your elderly friends and relatives left to fend for themselves and die in squalor without anyone able to lend a hand or look after them. I have seen all that and more under the previous Thatcher/Major governments. I hope your lack of understanding and empathy won't lead to that - but I fear it will.

Meanwhile, all I can do is bless you with love and release you from my life.
Although it is not true that all conservatives are stupid people, it is true that most stupid people are conservative.
thatchersorphan
Committee Chair

Post by thatchersorphan »

Conservative Glyn Davies Has Vote Counted Despite Penis Drawn On His Ballot Paper - this is just bizarre http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2015/05 ... ction-2015
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

AngryAsWell wrote:If anyone on FB a new group has started
We are all Labour - 2020 Vision: Labour Together
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1579905292284503/
Thanks - I might even join FB specially.
LET'S FACE IT I'M JUST 'KIN' SEETHIN'
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

ohsocynical wrote:For @YahYah.

If I don't have enough
It's because
They're taking
Too much
These scroungers,
Dog end voters,
Plebs,
All round
Not fit to live
Benefit cheats.
At least
That's what I see and hear,
And who am I
To argue
When Dave has
The rich,
Non-Dom,
Tax dodging
Newspaper mogul's ear?
that's brilliant Ohso. Am inspired, by all I read here, and all Ed has withstood, the reenter the fray.
LET'S FACE IT I'M JUST 'KIN' SEETHIN'