Thursday 14th May 2015

A home from home
Forum rules
Welcome to FTN. New posters are welcome to join the conversation. You can follow us on Twitter @FlythenestHaven You are responsible for the content you post. This is a public forum. Treat it as if you are speaking in a crowded room. Site admin and Moderators are volunteers who will respond as quickly as they are able to when made aware of any complaints. Please do not post copyrighted material without the original authors permission.
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

Re: Thursday 14th May 2015

Post by RogerOThornhill »

Nicola Woolcock
‏@nicolawoolcock
Natalie Evans, director of New Schools Network which promotes free schools, leaves to become government whip....

There's a surprise...

Tory Party = Policy Exchange = New Schools Network = Tory Party

Shame we didn't win and have Hunt cut off their funding.
If I'm not here, then I'll be in the library. Or the other library.
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

SpinningHugo wrote:
Willow904 wrote:
SpinningHugo wrote: (i) A woman.

(ii) Hunt is a joke candidate.
A woman for the sake of being a woman would be a disaster.

Why is Hunt a joke?
We just lost a load of votes to Ukip.

Going from the north London nerd that was Miliband to the privately educated Baron Hunt of Chesterton (in his over sized suits) doesn't strike me as a recipe for electoral sucess.
Nor does a Londoner like Chukka.
We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office. – Aesop
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

With the best will in the world, I couldn't get behind someone whom I believe, at heart, despises me. For that, read Chuka Umunna. He can say what he wants at the hustings (not that I truly expect him to say anything that he might calculate would endear himself to me), but he leaves me quite cold. I will listen to what the others say and make my final judgement based on that - but I agree with those who have said that they think Tristram Hunt would not be a success.

Edited

comma
Last edited by PorFavor on Thu 14 May, 2015 3:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

SpinningHugo wrote: Going from the north London nerd that was Miliband to the privately educated Baron Hunt of Chesterton (in his over sized suits) doesn't strike me as a recipe for electoral sucess.
1. Blair was privately educated.
2. Hunt is not "Baron Hunt" - that's his old man - he himself is The Hon.

If you must sneer at someone at least get the facts right.
TechnicalEphemera
Speaker of the House

Post by TechnicalEphemera »

SpinningHugo wrote:
Willow904 wrote:

Why is Hunt a joke?

Going from the north London nerd that was Miliband to the privately educated Baron Hunt of Chesterton (in his over sized suits) doesn't strike me as a recipe for electoral sucess.
I tend to agree a little, the same applies to Chuka.

Other than Jarvis (who won't stand) I struggle to see any credible candidate beyond Burnham, but he also has issues. If Cooper hadn't been so bloody awful these last few years she would be an option. I can't take Liz Kendal seriously.

Do we not have a charismatic centre left MP anywhere in the party (who isn't called Tarquin, and isn't from a completely London centric background).
Release the Guardvarks.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Ian Dunt ‏@IanDunt 20m20 minutes ago
Imagine how crazy a party needs to be for Patrick O'Flynn to be the reasonable one.

Ian Dunt ‏@IanDunt 20m20 minutes ago
UKIP in-fighting intensifies: O’Flynn “is totally inexperienced…A scribbler with a single tier education” http://www.conservativehome.com/highlig ... ation.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; …
At least this provides a bit of escapism from the Labour leadership boredoms. But I don't think this very public airing of filthy laundry will do for Ukip - nor will Farage stepping aside again either. If they've got to have a storming period - overflowing of pent up ambition and nastiness - this is probably the best time. Right after an election where they've got a lot of votes - and have time to sort themselves out. And most of their voters probably won't know about this (that it's been set off by money) or care that much. They'll still be loyal to Ukip.
Working on the wild side.
Willow904
Prime Minister

Post by Willow904 »

SpinningHugo wrote:
Willow904 wrote:

Why is Hunt a joke?

Of course he has drawbacks but so have all the candidates. He ticks the box of having had a career outside of politics, which I'm not willing to dismiss just because of his background. He has personality and character that the other choices are missing. Kendall was a Spad and I think we have to get away from that career politician thing that was so poisonous for Ed. I admit he's not an obvious choice but I think it speaks volumes about the rest of the field that I find him a more interesting option and he hasn't even stood yet.
"Fall seven times, get up eight" - Japanese proverb
Swarthlander
Committee Chair

Post by Swarthlander »

nickyinnorfolk wrote:A friend of my husband's is a Labour councillor in south London and has had some dealings with Chuka Umunna. To the surprise of probably nobody, his impression of Mr Umunna was that he was an egotistical pain in the arse. He was also pessimistic about Labour's chances before the election, which I found overly negative at the time. He said, then, that Andy Burnham should be a shoo-in after Ed bowed out. Burnham of course will have a battle on his hands from the outset regarding being scapegoated over Mid Staffs.

I think Burnham is a good choice - he's been assertive with aggressive interviewers and is from a working class background. My other half would like Caroline Flint to stand, although she hasn't so far signalled that she's interested. I think she would be very good as well. He and I disagree about Yvette Cooper - I think she'd surprise people and would make an impressive leader - he's not so keen.
For me...
Umunna is definitely a no no. He may be strong enough but I can't see him appealing to those lost to UKIP. He looks like just another 'Islington' clone.
Unfortunately, Yvette Cooper will be regarded as Mrs Balls. Some of her comments lately are in line with the Ed Balls economic philosophy and she would too much of an easy target for the media.
I like Andy Burnham but he will somehow have to destroy the Mid Staffs myth or that will be his millstone.
I'm not sure about Flint. I wouldn't want to stand with my back to her.

:D
"A lack of compassion is as vulgar as an excess of tears"
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Comment: Why is Stella Creasy running for deputy leader? She should have the top job
http://www.politics.co.uk/comment-analy ... ader-she-s" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

Keir Starmer

The arguments against the Human Rights Act are coming. They will be false

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfre ... th-busting
utopiandreams
Speaker of the House

Post by utopiandreams »

@TheGrimSqueaker

I thought I said don't answer that, TGS! Seriously I agree with what you've said of Tristram. In fact I take back my Burnham nomination who I like, but as others have said there's the Stafford Hospital baggage, or is that propaganda and lies against him? I have thought him dignified under attack but there are times when you simply shouldn't let them get away with it. Don't give my nominations any credit though, I'm not familiar with the candidates and may not immediately place them by name.
I would close my eyes if I couldn't dream.
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

I sense an air of a different kind of defeat, and tetchiness here, today (I can't put my finger on why, though). I preferred the anger - although it undoubtedly takes more energy. Maybe I'm just projecting - the weather isn't helping.
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Post by AnatolyKasparov »

SpinningHugo wrote:I also think Burnham and Cooper share a heavy responsibility for the defeat.

It was their job as senior people to go to Miliband at the latest a year ago and say they would resign unless he went. The frontbench were cowards.
I'm not biting - except to say what could any other leader have done about the SNP tsunami and (even more importantly) THE WAY CROSBY USED IT?

Answer, they couldn't. 19th September 2014 - when Dave blatantly shafted the Scots whilst stoking the fires of English nationalism - was when he won last week's election. Squalidly cynical and short-termist, but (we now have to admit) brilliant.

The politics of identity is what killed us, and what our next leader needs an answer to.

And yes, Chuka would be as much use in dealing with this stuff as the proverbial chocolate fireguard :twisted:
"IS TONTY BLAIR BEHIND THIS???!!!!111???!!!"
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

PorFavor wrote:I sense an air of a different kind of defeat, and tetchiness here, today (I can't put my finger on why, though). I preferred the anger - although it undoubtedly takes more energy. Maybe I'm just projecting - the weather isn't helping.
I suppose I unreasonably hoped/expected another Ed to burst from the ranks.

Not going to happen though.

Now it's going to be a long slog, and a slim hope that whoever gets picked grows on me, is incredibly successful and wins in 2020.
AngryAsWell
Prime Minister

Post by AngryAsWell »

ohsocynical wrote:Zero-Vote Dennis Calls For Recount

https://www.morningstaronline.co.uk/a-e ... VSsb_lVikr
Interesting
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

I reckon if Cameron and his lot had been up to their necks in sexual sleaze rather than criminal cruelty Labour would have won hands down.
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

AngryAsWell wrote:

Interesting
Isn't it. I laughed and then thought - hang on!
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

AnatolyKasparov wrote:
SpinningHugo wrote:I also think Burnham and Cooper share a heavy responsibility for the defeat.

It was their job as senior people to go to Miliband at the latest a year ago and say they would resign unless he went. The frontbench were cowards.
I'm not biting - except to say what could any other leader have done about the SNP tsunami and (even more importantly) THE WAY CROSBY USED IT?

Answer, they couldn't. 19th September 2014 - when Dave blatantly shafted the Scots whilst stoking the fires of English nationalism - was when he won last week's election. Squalidly cynical and short-termist, but (we now have to admit) brilliant.

The politics of identity is what killed us, and what our next leader needs an answer to.

And yes, Chuka would be as much use in dealing with this stuff as the proverbial chocolate fireguard :twisted:
Agree.
utopiandreams
Speaker of the House

Post by utopiandreams »

ohsocynical wrote:http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfre ... -christmas

I'm trying to take in all the whys and wherefores. It's doing my head in!
Don't worry yourself, ohso, there's nowt when it comes to reason. I appreciated the sentiment being much what I and others have said about reaching out. You guessed it, which reminds me...

Move on if you wish. A lad used to be a frequent visitor when I was with my first wife and always criticised our stereo. Back in the day that is, as my terminology suggests. Anyway state of the art deck (Bang & Olufsen I think) with custom built amp and speaker cabs made by a guy studying for his masters in biochemistry. He was a whizz at electronics and spent much of his time playing around in the university electronics labs. Extremely tall and with long fingers he played bass guitar but went on to do laser shows for concerts and festivals. Should he look in then I shall say, "Nits!"

We later discovered the complainant had monaural hearing. As I say, nowt when it comes to reason.

Edit: I can't get the tall guy out of my head. Hard to say whether ecologically driven or couldn't find trousers long enough but his appearance was somewhat comical. Not our general attire you understand, being early seveties, but his trousers were always six inches short of his ankles.
Last edited by utopiandreams on Thu 14 May, 2015 3:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Dr. Brian May ‏@DrBrianMay 28m28 minutes ago
I'm on for QUESTION TIME this evening. It's a challenge I hope to be equal to. See you there. Bri
For him I might make myself watch it.
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politic ... -live.html

Dr Sked said Mr Farage's obsession with immigration had alienated middle-class voters, and left the party relying on votes that would previously have gone to the far-right. "He has made Ukip a BNP-lite," he said.
Exactly !!!!
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

AngryAsWell wrote:

Interesting
I've no doubt there are counting errors given the speed they have to declare at but unless the result is close then it's not really an issue. I doubt 2 votes will persuade the returning officer to ask for a recount.
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

51m ago14:46
Yvette Cooper rejects claims Labour government spent too much Guardian Politics Blog)
Yes. And in the nick of time . . . .
seeingclearly
Speaker of the House

Post by seeingclearly »

frightful_oik wrote:Anyone else feeling underwhelmed by the Labour leadership candidates so far? Or is it just me?
Not a one yet with the calibre of Ed.

Is it me or has he been effectively disappeared.
I don't remember such a swift removal from the political scene as this.
I dont mean his physical presence, it's like they've eradicated it all.

I'd still have Eagle over the others.

I do like Hunt but he's got a name that lefties will scorn, and even though they are quite different really I understand why someone mentioned Zac Goldsmith, they are intelligent decorative anomalies.
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

PorFavor wrote:
Yvette Cooper rejects claims Labour government spent too much (Guardian Politics Blog)

Edited

Brackets
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

Bumboils.
thatchersorphan
Committee Chair

Post by thatchersorphan »

ephemerid wrote:
The eejit Osborne is now busy telling cities that if they elect a mayor, they can have devolution like Manchester.
Even though huge numbers of people in Greater Mancs didn't get to voice an opinion, this, apparently is A Good Thing.

I am now wondering if we will end up with a dozen city states - like mediaeval/renaissance Italy, with a Machiavelli advising its leaders - with the bits of England in between left to the mercies of Westminster.
I am struggling to work out how big urban areas having their own devolved powers (as Osborne seems to want) squares with One Nation Conservatism (which Cameron says he will govern by).

Is it me, or this is all completely mad?

Manchester voted against a mayor. Osbourne probably thinks its a good thing.... they further remove themselves from the responsibility for the nhs, public services etc, then underfund the areas... then blame the devolved region for any issues caused by underfunding.
I don't want devomanc, especially one that osbourne wants, and there's others who dont also, there's a petition going round somewhere for a referendum on devomanc
I dont want a mayor, its just an added extra politician to pay.
I want proper, fair funding across the uk, not things even further fragmented and privatised.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

PorFavor wrote:
Yvette Cooper rejects claims Labour government spent too much Guardian Politics Blog)
I heard her interview on Radio 4 when she was repeatedly asked about this. She blustered around it for a long time. Very unconvincing.

We need someone who is going to answer questions like that - and most others unless they are ridiculous - head on. I'm absolutely fed up with all these candidates who sound like they don't really believe in anything and don't have a clear view and could change their beliefs and views from day to day .... they just sound woolly and weaselly.
seeingclearly
Speaker of the House

Post by seeingclearly »

ephemerid wrote:Aspiration is the sucking in or sucking out of substances which shouldn't be where they are. Medically speaking, like.

So - whenever I hear some anagram of a politician intoning this word like a sacred mantra, my mind's eye sees naso-gastic tubes, pulmonary drains, or suction tubes being poked into abdominal cavities or endo-tracheal ventilator attachments.

PLEASE MAKE IT STOP.

On another note......

The eejit Osborne is now busy telling cities that if they elect a mayor, they can have devolution like Manchester.
Even though huge numbers of people in Greater Mancs didn't get to voice an opinion, this, apparently is A Good Thing.

I am now wondering if we will end up with a dozen city states - like mediaeval/renaissance Italy, with a Machiavelli advising its leaders - with the bits of England in between left to the mercies of Westminster.
I am struggling to work out how big urban areas having their own devolved powers (as Osborne seems to want) squares with One Nation Conservatism (which Cameron says he will govern by).

If we have 3 countries with devolved powers (and more of those powers if TCBBAC is to be believed) and any number of individual city states doing their own thing with devolved powers similar to what Wales has now (which is what Osborne wants) how the fuckety fuck will the Tories sort out EVEL, Barnett/Son of Barnett, the Scottish nationalists, and all those special deals that Northern Ireland has been getting?

It's completely mad. You aren't, it is.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

thatchersorphan wrote:
ephemerid wrote:

Manchester voted against a mayor. Osbourne probably thinks its a good thing.... they further remove themselves from the responsibility for the nhs, public services etc, then underfund the areas... then blame the devolved region for any issues caused by underfunding.
I don't want devomanc, especially one that osbourne wants, and there's others who dont also, there's a petition going round somewhere for a referendum on devomanc
I dont want a mayor, its just an added extra politician to pay.
I want proper, fair funding across the uk, not things even further fragmented and privatised.
Yes to that. Please. This sort of devolution of services is another way they'll get their regional pay and benefits through.

Earlier today You and Yours had a feature on the lack of decent wheelchair service provision in the NHS - and how critical this lack is to the lives of many people. They had Tanni Grey Thompson on because she's just been asked to head up yet another review of wheelchair services and the problems. She was asked why they needed a review - there's already been one before and the problems are manifest and well documented. One of the reasons she gave was the huge additional complexity and difference that has been introduced now the service has to be commissioned / go through 222 CCGs rather than the 60 or so relevant authorities / departments there were before. It makes collecting data and planning a comprehensive service hellishly difficult. No one department has overall responsibility or control. The wheelchair services people are or, in many cases, aren't getting are increasingly fragmented and subject to where you live.

Thanks Lansley.
frightful_oik
Whip

Post by frightful_oik »

PorFavor wrote:I sense an air of a different kind of defeat, and tetchiness here, today (I can't put my finger on why, though). I preferred the anger - although it undoubtedly takes more energy. Maybe I'm just projecting - the weather isn't helping.
Probably me. I'm just depressed with the candidates. Burnham's about the best but what a pity Dan didn't want to stand. Mind you he could have been useless; we don't know. I just want someone who doesn't sound like Charles feckin' Clarke.
Shake your chains to earth like dew
Which in sleep had fallen on you-
Ye are many - they are few."
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Michael Crick ‏@MichaelLCrick 9m9 minutes ago
On top of this, at Southwark Crown Court, jury out tmrw in trial of Ashley Mote, once elected Ukip MEP, charged with £500,000 expenses fraud
utopiandreams
Speaker of the House

Post by utopiandreams »

Hard to believe I know, I'm generally quite quiet and shy but not afraid to speak up. Just don't get me started, which reminds me...

I was invited to a Christmas dinner with the proprietor and staff of a company I was doing freelance work for. Of course I graciously accepted. I shall cut out detail for identification purposes but let's just say there were about a dozen or so of us sat at a long table table, the owner and boyfriend manager at one end and hush whispers at the other, otherwise complete silence. That was the toughest hour's work I have ever done and I couldn't even invoice for it!
frightful_oik
Whip

Post by frightful_oik »

On a brighter note, Coulson trial starts tomorrow. James Doleman is tweeting from it I believe.
Shake your chains to earth like dew
Which in sleep had fallen on you-
Ye are many - they are few."
LadyCentauria
Speaker of the House
Location: Set within 3,500 acres of leafy public land in SW London

Post by LadyCentauria »

SpinningHugo wrote:
Willow904 wrote:

Why is Hunt a joke?

He's not a Baron and will not become one unless he gets, at some point in life, a Life-Peerage in his own right. His father was awarded a Life-Peerage which, as you know, cannot be inherited.
This time, I'm gonna be stronger I'm not giving in...
utopiandreams
Speaker of the House

Post by utopiandreams »

rebeccariots2 wrote:... Earlier today You and Yours had a feature on the lack of decent wheelchair service provision in the NHS - and how critical this lack is to the lives of many people. They had Tanni Grey Thompson on because she's just been asked to head up yet another review of wheelchair services and the problems. She was asked why they needed a review - there's already been one before and the problems are manifest and well documented. One of the reasons she gave was the huge additional complexity and difference that has been introduced now the service has to be commissioned / go through 222 CCGs rather than the 60 or so relevant authorities / departments there were before. It makes collecting data and planning a comprehensive service hellishly difficult. No one department has overall responsibility or control. The wheelchair services people are or, in many cases, aren't getting are increasingly fragmented and subject to where you live.

Thanks Lansley.
Quite so, rebecca, and to think that given the volume of dissent foreseeing such outcomes, he, Clegg and Cameron still pressed ahead. One of Dave's frequent soundbites is the cutting of bureaucrats within the NHS, as he labels them in derisory tone, but he never mentions loss of control or their private sector replacements, still payed from the Health budget.

Patient choice? It never were patient choice, liars. CSSs were always intended to take over CCGs, which is recently under way I understand. RobertSnozers may know, it's just something I'm fairly certain I picked up.
yahyah
Prime Minister

Post by yahyah »

Maybe his wife didn't vote for him !
Still, his own would be missing.
Last edited by yahyah on Thu 14 May, 2015 4:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AngryAsWell
Prime Minister

Post by AngryAsWell »

yahyah wrote:

Maybe, but he did vote for himself so should at least have 1 ...
utopiandreams
Speaker of the House

Post by utopiandreams »

yahyah wrote:

... and he spoiled his ballot paper, yahyah
LadyCentauria
Speaker of the House
Location: Set within 3,500 acres of leafy public land in SW London

Post by LadyCentauria »

Oh dear me! I do hope that at least his wife voted for him, lest a (very expensive) recount should provoke marital discord...
This time, I'm gonna be stronger I'm not giving in...
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Christopher Hope ‏@christopherhope 12m12 minutes ago Harpenden, England
BREAKING Raheem Kassam, Nigel Farage's chief of staff, has left Ukip. the party's leadership has confirmed. More at: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politic ... -live.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; …
Bit of a purge underway then. That's both his aides resigned / gone today.
yahyah
Prime Minister

Post by yahyah »

More positive news today from Wales, where we are fortunate to have Welsh Labour running the show.
Tregaron's a couple of miles up the road from me, so am even more pleased to see it.

''The Welsh Government announced today almost £6 million investment boost for the Cylch Caron project in Tregaron – with construction work expected to continue until 2018.

The project is being lead by Ceredigion Local Service Board and the plans for Cylch Caron include a range of services, from a GP surgery, community pharmacy, outpatient clinics, community nursing services to long-term nursing care and day care.

Plans include 34 flats for people who require extra care and support to remain in their own homes and six integrated health and social care places for people who no longer need to stay in hospital but require more support before they return home.''

http://www.tradesgateway.co.uk/trade-ne ... ng-trades/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
yahyah
Prime Minister

Post by yahyah »

Did you see this Rebecca ?

Plaid Cymru oust Labour rivals to take control of Carmarthenshire Council
http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales ... ls-9253162" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

Poor old Dennis Norway.

Still, it does seem odd that he received absolutely no votes at all. Surely a few other people (apart from his wife - who may well have done the dirty on him, in any case) would have voted for him, if even by accident or just for a laugh.

Just out of curiosity, how many other candidates have ever had a nil return?
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

yahyah wrote:Did you see this Rebecca ?

Plaid Cymru oust Labour rivals to take control of Carmarthenshire Council
http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales ... ls-9253162" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
No but that doesn't surprise me. There has been a hell of a fight going on for some time - see the Planning Probs in Carmarthenshire blog to get the flavour. If what she writes is accurate - there has been a Labour fiefdom rather in evidence there - the way grants were being given out didn't seem entirely prudent (one of my favourite words that ...), not to mention the same illegal pension payments to Chief Exec as Pembs had, and use of council funds to support individual councillor to sue the blogger, and threats of withdrawal of advertising from the local paper for printing stories they didn't like. Just not good - not good at all. Any party behaving like that - or members of - I can't defend.
Tubby Isaacs
Prime Minister

Post by Tubby Isaacs »

On Ed and his opposition to the Iraq War.

http://www.newstatesman.com/blogs/mehdi ... iband-iraq" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Not very much but I'm not really sure what he was supposed to do.

As Robert McNamara (LBJ's Secretary of State during Vietnam) says in The Fog Of War, it's very hard to get out once you're in. I don't think it's a particularly black mark to join the Cabinet with the Iraq War still going on.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

yahyah wrote:More positive news today from Wales, where we are fortunate to have Welsh Labour running the show.
Tregaron's a couple of miles up the road from me, so am even more pleased to see it.

''The Welsh Government announced today almost £6 million investment boost for the Cylch Caron project in Tregaron – with construction work expected to continue until 2018.

The project is being lead by Ceredigion Local Service Board and the plans for Cylch Caron include a range of services, from a GP surgery, community pharmacy, outpatient clinics, community nursing services to long-term nursing care and day care.

Plans include 34 flats for people who require extra care and support to remain in their own homes and six integrated health and social care places for people who no longer need to stay in hospital but require more support before they return home.''

http://www.tradesgateway.co.uk/trade-ne ... ng-trades/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Pleased for you yahyah. But please bear with me when I say it's another stab at my open wound re the appalling decisions / cuts to services here. Tregaron is - would you believe it - where they say they will reprovide 'community' services and beds for us. You know how far away we are from there. How would that make you feel if you had to come to Cardigan to convalesce or die on your release from the general hospital? That's what we are fighting. I keep wanting to find the energy to write an honest piece about one of the reasons why Labour won't win around here until some serious work is put in to sort out the mess made re applying a centralisation of services approach to community services rather than just the specialist services. The services they have ripped away from here are the very ones they should have been building up .... instead we have lost local services and have to go a very long way away for hospital services. Shat on basically. I've kept a lid on it during the election campaign but I won't be from now on.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Thomas Penny ‏@ThomasWPenny 4m4 minutes ago
And Mary Creagh makes it five..... http://bloom.bg/1EHVUNK" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; via @business
Boom boom. Someone I might actually be able to support re the Labour leadership bid. I look forward to hearing how she is going to put her case.
yahyah
Prime Minister

Post by yahyah »

rebeccariots2 wrote:
yahyah wrote:More positive news today from Wales, where we are fortunate to have Welsh Labour running the show.

Pleased for you yahyah. But please bear with me when I say it's another stab at my open wound re the appalling decisions / cuts to services here. Tregaron is - would you believe it - where they say they will reprovide 'community' services and beds for us. You know how far away we are from there. How would that make you feel if you had to come to Cardigan to convalesce or die on your release from the general hospital? That's what we are fighting. I keep wanting to find the energy to write an honest piece about one of the reasons why Labour won't win around here until some serious work is put in to sort out the mess made re applying a centralisation of services approach to community services rather than just the specialist services. The services they have ripped away from here are the very ones they should have been building up .... instead we have lost local services and have to go a very long way away for hospital services. Shat on basically. I've kept a lid on it during the election campaign but I won't be from now on.

Blimey, it is not an easy drive to Tregaron for people from your area.
Had no idea what was happening down there.

& the winter before last Ceredigion council didn't grit the road via Llangeitho to Tregaron, so you take your life in your hands driving it sometimes. With cuts pressing, they may do the same again.
Not something you'd want to have to do when stressed about a loved one.

Can see why you are feeling as you are.
Things like that and the Carmarthenshire stuff make it hard to feel positive.

& it's a reminder that ones' person's positive is another person's negative.
Last edited by yahyah on Thu 14 May, 2015 5:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.