Monday 18th May 2015

A home from home
Forum rules
Welcome to FTN. New posters are welcome to join the conversation. You can follow us on Twitter @FlythenestHaven You are responsible for the content you post. This is a public forum. Treat it as if you are speaking in a crowded room. Site admin and Moderators are volunteers who will respond as quickly as they are able to when made aware of any complaints. Please do not post copyrighted material without the original authors permission.
TechnicalEphemera
Speaker of the House

Re: Monday 18th May 2015

Post by TechnicalEphemera »

rebeccariots2 wrote:
Jack Monroe ‏@MsJackMonroe 2h2 hours ago
Dear @KTHopkins, public apology + £5k to migrant rescue & I wont sue. It'll be cheaper for you & v.satisfying for me.

Katie Hopkins @KTHopkins · 3h 3 hours ago
@MsJackMonroe scrawled on any memorials recently? Vandalised the memory of those who fought for your freedom. Grandma got any more medals ?
Oh dear, that is a very expensive tweet.
Release the Guardvarks.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Greece: Europe’s last-ditch effort to keep it in euro? - See more at: http://blogs.channel4.com/paul-mason-bl ... f9BKK.dpuf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Working on the wild side.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

TechnicalEphemera wrote:
rebeccariots2 wrote:
Dear @KTHopkins, public apology + £5k to migrant rescue & I wont sue. It'll be cheaper for you & v.satisfying for me.

@MsJackMonroe scrawled on any memorials recently? Vandalised the memory of those who fought for your freedom. Grandma got any more medals ?
Expensive is one word for it.
Working on the wild side.
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

Post by RogerOThornhill »

AngryAsWell wrote:Why does Prince Harry want to bring National Service back?

by Fleet StreetFox

A marmite writer/person who can at time be funny. On this I totally agree with her.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/pr ... al-5718330" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Army kept me off mean streets of Kensington, says Harry

http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/cele ... 5051898372
PRINCE Harry has revealed that entering the army prevented him joining a notorious South Kensington street gang.

Harry, 30, has managed to turn his life around after spending his late teens and early twenties rolling with the feared ‘Whole Foods Boys’ who operated in the urban jungle around Cromwell Road.

The prince said: “I’m proof that there’s hope for anyone, whether they’re a future monarch, an Earl or even just the son of a multi-millionaire.

“I used to own the streets of SW7. Literally. I’d cruise around my turf, looking for bitches who had their own entry in Debretts Peerage.

“I’d leave Waitrose without putting my basket back on the stack and just walk into Whole Foods and eat a handful of grapes without paying for them. I was an animal.”

While Harry avoided being sucked into the destructive spiral so commonly associated with young men growing up in Kensington, others were not so fortunate.

Harry said: “It breaks my heart when I run into one of my boys and discover he’s now the Earl of Tavistock. I want to help him but I can’t because I have to go skiing.”
If I'm not here, then I'll be in the library. Or the other library.
AngryAsWell
Prime Minister

Post by AngryAsWell »

Workfare, Forced Labour and the new ‘Business and Community Wardens’.

http://www.petethetemp.co.uk/workfare-f ... y-wardens/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Night all
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

rebeccariots2 wrote:
Report finds that Britain's wages are the most unequal in Europe
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/po ... 59077.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The UK is the most unequal country in the EU, according to a new report.

The Dublin foundation for the Improvement of Living and Working Conditions, the EU’s agency for life at work, found that the UK had the worst Gini coefficient of any EU member state....

It went on to conclude that the average overall results across the EU “was to a large extent driven by developments in the UK, without which the overall EU within-country component of inequality remained more or less stable.”
The countries have been ordered according to their Gini index in 2011: the most unequal countries in 2011 (in descending order) were the UK, Portugal, Latvia, Cyprus, Lithuania and Estonia, while the most equal (in ascending order) were Belgium, Sweden, Finland, Denmark and Slovakia.

It is important to remember that this refers to inequality in full-time equivalent wages, not income.

http://www.eurofound.europa.eu/sites/de ... 1510en.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The UK is the lowest & that's still just measuring by 'inequality in full-time equivalent wages, not income'
Oh for godssake.
Doesn't include profiteering rentiers' sucking the wealth of the many to those with lots of assets.
The UK is still the most unequal.
As for the UK, the fact that large shifts in the indices coincide with the economic crisis suggests they should be taken more seriously. As already mentioned, these large shifts are entirely the result of developments at the very top of the wage distribution of the UK sample for EU-SILC (particularly at the top 1%). This group plays a very important role in terms of earnings yet it is so small that it can generate some volatility in the index, perhaps especially in times of crisis.
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

AngryAsWell wrote:Workfare, Forced Labour and the new ‘Business and Community Wardens’.

http://www.petethetemp.co.uk/workfare-f ... y-wardens/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Night all
Goodnight, AAW
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

"To have ambition, was my ambition..."
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

TechnicalEphemera wrote:
rebeccariots2 wrote:

Out of control.
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

TheGrimSqueaker wrote:Good night PF. Good night all.
Goodnight, TGS
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

Goodnight
love
cJA