Tuesday 19th May 2015

A home from home
Forum rules
Welcome to FTN. New posters are welcome to join the conversation. You can follow us on Twitter @FlythenestHaven You are responsible for the content you post. This is a public forum. Treat it as if you are speaking in a crowded room. Site admin and Moderators are volunteers who will respond as quickly as they are able to when made aware of any complaints. Please do not post copyrighted material without the original authors permission.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Re: Tuesday 19th May 2015

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Labour were too left-wing?
https://alittleecon.wordpress.com/2015/ ... left-wing/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Working on the wild side.
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

rebeccariots2 wrote:
Voting By Age Bracket.jpg
George Woods
‏@george__woods
I hadn't realised until now that Labour outpolled the Tories last Thursday in every age bracket except for the 65+
How (in a way) profoundly depressing (ie: that Miliband missed his chance on such a specific demographic)
LET'S FACE IT I'M JUST 'KIN' SEETHIN'
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

New Wonga adverts target 'hard-working people'
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/po ... 60021.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

tinyclanger2 wrote:
rebeccariots2 wrote:
Voting By Age Bracket.jpg
George Woods
‏@george__woods
I hadn't realised until now that Labour outpolled the Tories last Thursday in every age bracket except for the 65+
How (in a way) profoundly depressing (ie: that Miliband missed his chance on such a specific demographic)
Yup. It's a growing demographic too ... but I'm wondering if that will further help or hinder the Tories. As many of us baby boomers hit 65 ... are we magically going to become Conservatives?
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

http://i100.independent.co.uk/article/h ... gkJ1b3erZZ" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
sorry if this has been linked already - estimated results under different electoral systems.
LET'S FACE IT I'M JUST 'KIN' SEETHIN'
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Older people must lead the fight against austerity unfairness
Stewart Dakers
http://www.theguardian.com/society/2015 ... -austerity" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Sheesh, the majority of comments under this are ....

A lot of people have fallen for the stereotyping of baby boomers and old people, not to mention those on 'benefits', hook, line and sinker.
TheGrimSqueaker
Speaker of the House

Post by TheGrimSqueaker »

ohsocynical wrote:
rebeccariots2 wrote:
ohsocynical wrote:I've had my daughter who lives in the US tell me London is now a no go area...That's from listening to Fox News...Another of Murdochs news outlets.
Do they mean a no go area for anyone who isn't earning at least £30,000 and already on the housing ladder? It is fast becoming a no go area for those on low pay or social security and in rented accommodation.
I hesitated to say it. A Muslim takeover. We're under Shia law. And other cities. You never heard such rubbish.

I usually end up rowing with her...
Heard it all the time when I lived in Peterborough ..... "oh how can you live with those people?" |Because they aren't f***ing bigoted like you are!!! :wall:
COWER BRIEF MORTALS. HO. HO. HO.
LadyCentauria
Speaker of the House
Location: Set within 3,500 acres of leafy public land in SW London

Post by LadyCentauria »

ohsocynical wrote:
danesclose wrote:
ohsocynical wrote:I've had my daughter who lives in the US tell me London is now a no go area...That's from listening to Fox News...Another of Murdochs news outlets.
Fox News recently described Birmingham as being a "Muslim-only city" where non-Muslims "don't go" & that in London "Muslim religious police" beat "anyone who doesn't dress according to Muslim, religious Muslim attire".
She listens to Fox News religiously. And believes it...I despair. I dread it when she rings me.
You have my sympathy, Ohso. I have a cousin in the US who says she sometimes thinks she's fighting a losing battle against all that nonsense. It's far from new – these sort of stories have been being spreading for at least the 20 years she's been there, in the tabloid-style mags that so many read there and from the shock-jocks right up to Fox News. I've still had to put her straight on quite a few things but at least she phones to ask whether or not what 'everybody's talking about' is true or not.
This time, I'm gonna be stronger I'm not giving in...
seeingclearly
Speaker of the House

Post by seeingclearly »

ohsocynical wrote:
rebeccariots2 wrote:
Do they mean a no go area for anyone who isn't earning at least £30,000 and already on the housing ladder? It is fast becoming a no go area for those on low pay or social security and in rented accommodation.
I hesitated to say it. A Muslim takeover. We're under Shia law. And other cities. You never heard such rubbish.

I usually end up rowing with her...
Birmingham is one of the other cities. Fox News did a report in which the Sikh gurdwara, a very noticeable well lit building in the Handsworth area was described as a mosque and the city portrayed as having a completely Muslim population. The report was mind boggling. And read as truth because Fox would never lie would they. The last time I was in London it was heaving with people from everywhere in the world, mostly tourists, and nearly every eating place was manned by young mainly far eastern students. If you thought London was England or Britian you might have thought it was very full. But not of Muslims, there were in fact very few burkas. I can't say how much this kind of rubbish has affected my city, people believe this hogwash against the evidence of their own eyes. Someone above reminded us that we've had years of this brainwashing stuff, and it's true. I stopped watching TV in the first year of the coalition when it became evident that the Beeb view of life in Britain was even further from reality than I'd assumed. I I keep telling people stop reading headlines, don't bother with TV, go to the source, or at least open your eyes and take a look and tell me what you honestly see. If it's not Muslims it's Poles. I say what bloody Poles, most of them went home. We had an absolutely massive influx of Chinese people some years ago, they were everywhere, nobody said a word. They too have mostly gone home. That old walnuthead has a lot to answer for.
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

Intresting exchange below the line over at the G.
Liverpool Walton constituency results Labour increased vote share from 72% to 82%, with a 9.2% swing from Tory to Labour.
Commentator living in that area responded to another insisting Labour is done for.
Interests me because the poster dead certain Labour probably didn't understand the gains Labour made in the GE. Literally. People are told Labour are done for by media & the commentator genuinely didn't believe reality.
The link to the G article & the link proving Labour's results are posted below.
I wonder if having proof that unequivocal will make any difference to the person insisting it's not true?
People having facts in front of them & they deciding they'll decline to accept truth - terrifying.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/politics/cons ... /E14000794" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/201 ... t-52452165" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
seeingclearly
Speaker of the House

Post by seeingclearly »

citizenJA wrote:

People having facts in front of them & they deciding they'll decline to accept truth - terrifying.
It's the desired end result of propaganda.
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

rebeccariots2 wrote:
Older people must lead the fight against austerity unfairness
Stewart Dakers
http://www.theguardian.com/society/2015 ... -austerity" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Sheesh, the majority of comments under this are ....

A lot of people have fallen for the stereotyping of baby boomers and old people, not to mention those on 'benefits', hook, line and sinker.
Scary stuff.
I've family denying reality because it's not what they think is true.
If I'm wrong, I change my thinking in order to accommodate reality.
I hope I'll never believe what I want to be true over reality.
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

seeingclearly wrote:
citizenJA wrote:

It's the desired end result of propaganda.
Telling the truth with documentation confirming truth isn't enough sometimes. History has taught us that. It's not comfortable, seeingclearly, understanding people sometimes refuse to believe what they can see & hear for themselves.
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

ohsocynical wrote:
danesclose wrote:
Fox News recently described Birmingham as being a "Muslim-only city" where non-Muslims "don't go" & that in London "Muslim religious police" beat "anyone who doesn't dress according to Muslim, religious Muslim attire".
She listens to Fox News religiously. And believes it...I despair. I dread it when she rings me.
I understand the feeling.
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

goodnight, friends
love
cJA
LadyCentauria
Speaker of the House
Location: Set within 3,500 acres of leafy public land in SW London

Post by LadyCentauria »

Goodnight @cJA

Hunty is giving a speech to (the think tank) Demos tomorrow and speculation is rife that he'll take the opportunity to launch a leadership campaign. According to the Guardian, he thinks Ed was too timid to put his own (Ed's) radical ideas forward so settling for this alleged 35% strategy, that people with a 'strong work record' should get a higher rate of JSA if they become unemployed, that there should be a universal right to free childcare for the over-twos which should be paid for by restricting Child Benefit to the first two children, and there should be an offer of “devo max” to the English cities and regions, with combined authorities given the power to vary rates of tax so they can attract investment to particular areas.
http://www.theguardian.com/politics/201 ... devolution

I'll wait to see what he actually says and whether or not he actually puts himself forward as a candidate.
This time, I'm gonna be stronger I'm not giving in...
thatchersorphan
Committee Chair

Post by thatchersorphan »

http://www.thepoke.co.uk/2015/01/12/bes ... EN.twitter" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; for those that missed the fox news coverage of muslim no go city Birmingham
thatchersorphan
Committee Chair

http://www.birminghampost.co.uk/news/re ... ck-9286279" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; paving the way to devolution in Birmingham and Coventry - who also voted against having a mayor.
thatchersorphan
Committee Chair

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/money/mortga ... don-t.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; sorry, its the mail Leaseholds The great divide: Buy a £165,000 house on the left side of this road and you own it outright but buy one on the right and you don't