Tuesday 26th May 2015

A home from home
Forum rules
Welcome to FTN. New posters are welcome to join the conversation. You can follow us on Twitter @FlythenestHaven You are responsible for the content you post. This is a public forum. Treat it as if you are speaking in a crowded room. Site admin and Moderators are volunteers who will respond as quickly as they are able to when made aware of any complaints. Please do not post copyrighted material without the original authors permission.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Re: Tuesday 26th May 2015

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Apparently Cameron has 'blinked first' and won't be seeking to push through scrapping of the Human Rights Act as fast as they had hoped ....

That's on the Times front page according to tweets I've just seen.

And would you believe there are tweets saying that it's all down to Sturgeon providing an effective opposition. So Keir Starmer, Charlie Falconer, Helena Kennedy and other Labour spokespeople - not to mention the Tory MPs, Lords and members who have also spoken out against - haven't played a part in opposing this awful proposal then?
Working on the wild side.
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

Post by RogerOThornhill »

rebeccariots2 wrote:Apparently Cameron has 'blinked first' and won't be seeking to push through scrapping of the Human Rights Act as fast as they had hoped ....

That's on the Times front page according to tweets I've just seen.

And would you believe there are tweets saying that it's all down to Sturgeon providing an effective opposition. So Keir Starmer, Charlie Falconer, Helena Kennedy and other Labour spokespeople - not to mention the Tory MPs, Lords and members who have also spoken out against - haven't played a part in opposing this awful proposal then?
Meanwhile both The Sun and The mail have stories on their front pages about foreign criminals and their 'uman rights...not really co-ordinated, of course not...
If I'm not here, then I'll be in the library. Or the other library.
TechnicalEphemera
Speaker of the House

Post by TechnicalEphemera »

rebeccariots2 wrote:
Kate Hoey, the former Home Office minister under Tony Blair who is one of the most prominent Eurosceptics in the Labour party, is being lined up as a possible leader of the no campaign in the referendum on Britain’s EU membership.

A leading Labour donor who is expected to bankroll the “Brexit” side described Hoey, the MP for Vauxhall, as a “tough fighter” who would appeal across the political spectrum.
http://www.theguardian.com/politics/201 ... o-campaign" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I think that could be a big mistake for Labour if she ends up heading the No campaign. Mind you ... it often seems like a big mistake that she's in the Labour party to me.
Hoey should simply be told that she may not lead the no campaign, and that were she to do so she would be expelled from the party.

She is welcome to campaign for any outcome she wishes, but she must not be permitted to contaminate the brand.

Labour needs to officially keep well out of this, campaigning for in only on the basis of workers rights and legal protections offered by the EU.
Release the Guardvarks.