Tuesday 16th September 2014

A home from home
Forum rules
Welcome to FTN. New posters are welcome to join the conversation. You can follow us on Twitter @FlythenestHaven You are responsible for the content you post. This is a public forum. Treat it as if you are speaking in a crowded room. Site admin and Moderators are volunteers who will respond as quickly as they are able to when made aware of any complaints. Please do not post copyrighted material without the original authors permission.
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

Re: Tuesday 16th September 2014

Post by RogerOThornhill »

If Labour implement Blunkett's plans those nice shiny new regional Commissioners that are only interested in academies and how to get more of them will disappear.

Regional commissioners branded a 'nonsense'

http://news.tes.co.uk/b/news/2014/09/16 ... -quot.aspx
Education secretary Nicky Morgan must rethink the deployment of the new regional commissioners, a report released today has said, branding the current set up as “nonsense”.

The commissioners, who officially started work this month and earn a salary of £140,000 a year, have oversight of academies and free schools in eight separate regions across the country and will be asked to take action if any academy is deemed to be underperforming.

But a report produced by the London Assembly Education Panel has labelled the current deployment of commissioners, which sees one person monitoring schools in the Isle of Wight as well as Lambeth in south London, as “nonsense”.

The document, called London learners, London lives, calls on Ms Morgan to reconsider the regions so that London has its own dedicated commissioner.
The reaction from most when the regions were announced was a resounding "Eh? How does it make any sense splitting London into three?"
If I'm not here, then I'll be in the library. Or the other library.
yahyah
Prime Minister

Post by yahyah »

Rebecca wrote:
Eric_WLothian wrote:How odd:
ONLINE bookmaker Betfair is paying out to customers who have backed a ‘No’ vote in this week’s Scottish independence referendum, two days before the polls open.
Do they know something we don't?

http://www.scotsman.com/news/politics/t ... -1-3543402
I saw that too.What's that about?Surely it's too close to call?Any gamblers here to explain?
Some bookies paid out for a Tory win early in 2010.
I remember a right winger boasting about his winnings and it was confirmed by something I read elsewhere.
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

Talking of London, what exactly is the point of Munira Mirza?

She seems to be the Deputy Mayor for Education and Culture yet because Boris has no responsibility for schools seems to have nothing to do.

https://www.london.gov.uk/mayor-assembl ... nira-mirza

Funny how the people in "public sector non-jobs" never seem to include chancers like her. Her job description is typical waffle of someone who picks up a salary but does nothing in particular.
Rebecca
Lord Chancellor

Post by Rebecca »

I can't believe how stupid these nats who are being foul and agressive to Uk politicians are.
If there is a yes vote,these guys,the ones you are shoving and swearing at,will be the ones negotiating the indy settlement.And then they're expected to be your English friends and give you a great deal.
I'm furious about Ed being treated like that.Where were the police might I ask?
yahyah
Prime Minister

Post by yahyah »

Rebecca wrote:I can't believe how stupid these nats who are being foul and agressive to Uk politicians are.
If there is a yes vote,these guys,the ones you are shoving and swearing at,will be the ones negotiating the indy settlement.And then they're expected to be your English friends and give you a great deal.

And who are they blaming Ed Miliband for murdering ?
If they are afraid to let pro-No people speak they can't be very confident in their own campaign.

It's as if people have gone mad, some of the comments by normally sensible people on Cif sound as if they have taken some weird drug. There is going to be one hell of a comedown whoever wins.
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

Wow - what a waste of money. Just reading the London Assembly report on education...
The Mayor’s Academies Limited (MAL) was established in 2010 to act as a co-sponsor for academies with the Academies Enterprise Trust (AET). The two companies formed the London Academies Enterprise Trust (LAET) in 2010, a company limited by guarantee, to be the academy sponsor and body responsible for academies opened under the Mayor’s Academy Programme. The original aim of the Mayor’s Academy Programme was to establish up to 10 academies across London, and funding of up to £8million was initially provided. Only four academies were ultimately opened under the Academies Programme (the Aylward and Nightingale Academies in Enfield, the Bexleyheath in Bexley and Kingsley Academy in Hounslow). The selected schools were converter academies and were chosen following a local authority bid process. Co-sponsors no longer need to provide an initial investment of a million pounds and so the Mayor’s pot of funding is no longer needed to drive forward the creation of new schools, be they Academies or free schools
So basically it was a bribe to convert to academy status - these weren't new schools at all!

and so...
The Mayor has now withdrawn from the London Academies Enterprise Trust
:toss:
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

Rebecca wrote: I'm furious about Ed being treated like that.Where were the police might I ask?
In a meeting?
Scottish police are preparing for the possibility of significant protests in the wake of this week’s independence referendum result, as tensions continue to run high on both sides of the debate over the country’s future. (Independent)
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/sc ... 34233.html

I sincerely hope there isn't any trouble. The police are only, they say, taking necessary precautions by planning for any eventualities and are not acting upon any hard information.
Spacedone
Whip

Post by Spacedone »

yahyah wrote:
Rebecca wrote:I can't believe how stupid these nats who are being foul and agressive to Uk politicians are.

If they are afraid to let pro-No people speak they can't be very confident in their own campaign.

It's as if people have gone mad, some of the comments by normally sensible people on Cif sound as if they have taken some weird drug. There is going to be one hell of a comedown whoever wins.
I can't think that Salmond et al are particularly happy about what some of their supporters are doing. More than a few (biased ;) ) journalists are talking about the level of intimidation they are seeing on the campaign trail and that's got to be swaying a few of the undecideds. It's certainly not the image Yes want to portray. And for balance sake I'm sure there's some intimidation going on from No supporters towards Yes supporters but I haven't seen it/heard about it so can't comment on it other than to say that those people are just as bad.

It'll be interesting to see what happens outside those polling booths.
Rebecca
Lord Chancellor

Post by Rebecca »

PorFavor wrote:
Rebecca wrote: I'm furious about Ed being treated like that.Where were the police might I ask?
In a meeting?
Scottish police are preparing for the possibility of significant protests in the wake of this week’s independence referendum result, as tensions continue to run high on both sides of the debate over the country’s future. (Independent)
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/sc ... 34233.html

I sincerely hope there isn't any trouble. The police are only, they say, taking necessary precautions by planning for any eventualities and are not acting upon any hard information.
I can't see how there won't be trouble.
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

Oh, dear. I've just replied to the wrong person over at the Andrew Sparrow site (re the library books thing). The site leaps about so . . . .
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

The worst possible result is going to be a 50.1 in favour or against. The fallout from this might well go on for generations.

Wonder why they went for a simple majority and not a 2/3rds or something like that to make a more convincing result given its importance?
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Post by AnatolyKasparov »

Two thirds is too high.

But when Montenegro had its independence referendum, it set a threshold of 55 per cent - which was (just) met.

Decent case for that here IMO.
"IS TONTY BLAIR BEHIND THIS???!!!!111???!!!"
yahyah
Prime Minister

Post by yahyah »

I see that twit Craig Murray has been blaming it all on Ed & the media, and proudly saying he shouted 'war criminal' at Ed :toss:

And of course all the Yes frothers grisling about it too.
One complaining that Ed Miliband dared to turn up at a shopping centre and block the way. :roll:

The same types as usual on Cif. Brains addled with dope most likely.
ErnstRemarx
Secretary of State

Post by ErnstRemarx »

Here we go. In other news....

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/ ... es-7780830" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

H&M is probably a Labour keeper, and MsRemarx (who should know) has been in touch with Liz McInnes (they go back a long way in Unite) and it seems she's still in shock at being selected. Reading twixt the lines, region were told that the BBC woman should get it, but the constituency (rightly) got uppity and gave them the finger by electing a good, lefty trade unionist. MsRemarx knows her quite well and is made up for her. On a side note, she came 5th in the shortlisting, and the only reason she wasn't on the shortlist, according to my spies, is that region didn't want two Unite reps on as options, so MsRemarx got the bird, sadly. Wish the national party had the fucking gumption to stump up her train fare to the smoke (booked at the last minute and therefore costly). Bastards.

The other choices aren't even worth considering, except the Tory. He's the leader of the Bury Tory group, and is also a councillor in my ward - that shows you how safe Tory this has been over the years, even with my election. I think it's not an unreasonable conclusion to come to if I say he's a complete prick. Loses his rag in full council every time, has tried to politicise the overview and scrutiny committee (on which I sit) and is generally the sort of loser who the Tories would stick into somewhere like H&M. I know the guy reasonably well, and my opinion is that in one of Napoleon's armies, his field marshal's baton would never have seen the light of day. One of life's great under managers. Reliable if following orders, hopelessly out of his depth leading, marred with an unpleasant personality and so prone to tantrums that he makes Elton John look like Buddha.
Spacedone
Whip

Post by Spacedone »

Sarah Wollaston MP ‏@drwollastonmp 7 mins

it's not Cameron who should resign if the Union is ripped apart; why have Labour put Party politics before saving the Union?
ephemerid
Speaker of the House

Post by ephemerid »

yahyah wrote:I see that twit Craig Murray has been blaming it all on Ed & the media, and proudly saying he shouted 'war criminal' at Ed :toss:

One complaining that Ed Miliband dared to turn up at a shopping centre and block the way. :roll:

And yet people who were actually there have said that the scrum was mainly due to quantities of press/media and No supporters with a few very noisy Yes protesters in a very limited space. The photos show more of a media scrum than anything else.

I happen to think it's exemplary of Miliband to go out and meet people (unlike Cameron who's too craven to set foot anywhere unless he's guaranteed a friendly audience) but campaigning in this situation is bound to involve some argy bargy.

There is no question in my mind that the G and other media are quite deliberately making out that the Yes campaigners are the root of the (few) problems there have been; personally, I think that the passion and fervour on both sides is something I'd like to see in our politics generally. Noisy stroppy people, yes; serious violence, no.

As a person in long-term recovery from addiction, I find your closing remark pejorative. People with whom you disagree are not necessarily off their heads on mind-altering substances.

I don't think I'll be commenting here for a while. At least, not on this subject.
"Poverty is the worst form of violence" - Mahatma Gandhi
ephemerid
Speaker of the House

Post by ephemerid »

Last thing I'll say on the subject of Scottish Independence here - it comes from a young man in the audience at the last Darling/Salmond debate.

"If we are all better together, why aren't we better together now"?

The answer, IMHO, is that decades of neglect by successive governments have led to fudging over Barnett, abandonment of the regions in all four countries of the UK, and concentration of wealth in just one small area - and all parties are equally responsible.

If some people in Scotland - or anywhere - are angry with Labour I don't blame them; I am losing patience with them myself and if it weren't for Miliband I'd give up on them entirely. I hope he is the leader I think he's capable of being, and I hope he takes his party with him moving left.

But this vote is what the Westminster government asked for, and now that they've had a fright they're panicking. That Labour are getting involved in this ridiculous circus along with a lot of other very scared politicians is a shame.
"Poverty is the worst form of violence" - Mahatma Gandhi
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

Goodnight, everyone.
PaulfromYorkshire
Site Admin

Post by PaulfromYorkshire »

ephemerid wrote:Last thing I'll say on the subject of Scottish Independence here - it comes from a young man in the audience at the last Darling/Salmond debate.

The answer, IMHO, is that decades of neglect by successive governments have led to fudging over Barnett, abandonment of the regions in all four countries of the UK, and concentration of wealth in just one small area - and all parties are equally responsible.

If some people in Scotland - or anywhere - are angry with Labour I don't blame them; I am losing patience with them myself and if it weren't for Miliband I'd give up on them entirely. I hope he is the leader I think he's capable of being, and I hope he takes his party with him moving left.

But this vote is what the Westminster government asked for, and now that they've had a fright they're panicking. That Labour are getting involved in this ridiculous circus along with a lot of other very scared politicians is a shame.
Evening ephemerid!

I don't know if you saw any of my references to your posts on Independence, BUT….

If it is the Yes vote I've decided I don't wish for, I shall, ever the optimist, hold on to your vision of the independence movement being the start of a radical reconfiguration of politics in these Isles. If only…..

My fear is that the dominant forces globally currently will make this so hard to achieve in the time I and even my kids have on this planet that the actual outcome will be the reshaping of the Athens of the North as the London of the North and reproduction of everything I've come to loathe about the neoliberal establishment in a neighbouring country I love very much.
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Post by AnatolyKasparov »

Spacedone wrote:
Sarah Wollaston MP ‏@drwollastonmp 7 mins

it's not Cameron who should resign if the Union is ripped apart; why have Labour put Party politics before saving the Union?
Labour have "put party politics" first because that is maybe the only way of "saving the union".

The "yes" vote is being driven overwhelmingly by anti-Tory sentiment (including the meme that Labour are just "Tories in red ties")
"IS TONTY BLAIR BEHIND THIS???!!!!111???!!!"
Rebecca
Lord Chancellor

Post by Rebecca »

yahyah wrote:

Tea&choc wrote that Ed should be 'thankful' that he only was shoved around and sworn at.Told her she should be ashamed of herself.I really do hope they all vote yes ,but feel sorry for all the poor no voters who are dreading the next few years.
TheGrimSqueaker
Speaker of the House

Post by TheGrimSqueaker »

Rebecca wrote: Tea&choc wrote that Ed should be 'thankful' that he only was shoved around and sworn at.Told her she should be ashamed of herself.I really do hope they all vote yes ,but feel sorry for all the poor no voters who are dreading the next few years.
Miliband proved he can handle a bit of 'robust direct action' when he was egged on the Walworth Road last year; in marked contrast to Nigel "The Leader" Farage he took off his jacket, carried on with the walkabout and made sure no charges were pressed afterwards, so for he & his team to call a halt to today's proceedings would suggest that things were in danger of getting uglier. Surprised at T & C's reaction, but even some relatively moderate people seem to be getting swept up in some form of general hysteria; must be frustrating for Ephe and people like her, as everyone will be tarred with the same brush. Oh, and AK, that "Tories in red ties" jibe always winds me up, getting soooo old now.

Night PF. :sleep:
COWER BRIEF MORTALS. HO. HO. HO.
Rebecca
Lord Chancellor

Post by Rebecca »

ephemerid wrote:Last thing I'll say on the subject of Scottish Independence here - it comes from a young man in the audience at the last Darling/Salmond debate.

Well,whatever you feel,verbal and physical abuse,aka thuggery,should not be applauded but condemned.And if Ed stayed in London he would be berated for that too.Remember,he went to towns that Labour failed to win to speak to people,why shouldn't he be able to walk around Edinburgh for gods sake?
Scotland has the choice of voted for independence,why must there be so much intimidation of people trying to persuade them to vote No?Half the population want to stay in the union anyway.
I lived in Scotland for a few years,and even hearing the groups of drunk thugs walking past our surgery was scary,and that was behind closed doors.
Do you really find violent behaviour acceptable?
ErnstRemarx
Secretary of State

Post by ErnstRemarx »

ephemerid wrote:
yahyah wrote:I see that twit Craig Murray has been blaming it all on Ed & the media, and proudly saying he shouted 'war criminal' at Ed :toss:

And yet people who were actually there have said that the scrum was mainly due to quantities of press/media and No supporters with a few very noisy Yes protesters in a very limited space. The photos show more of a media scrum than anything else.

I happen to think it's exemplary of Miliband to go out and meet people (unlike Cameron who's too craven to set foot anywhere unless he's guaranteed a friendly audience) but campaigning in this situation is bound to involve some argy bargy.

There is no question in my mind that the G and other media are quite deliberately making out that the Yes campaigners are the root of the (few) problems there have been; personally, I think that the passion and fervour on both sides is something I'd like to see in our politics generally. Noisy stroppy people, yes; serious violence, no.

As a person in long-term recovery from addiction, I find your closing remark pejorative. People with whom you disagree are not necessarily off their heads on mind-altering substances.

I don't think I'll be commenting here for a while. At least, not on this subject.
Only one comment to make Ephie - don't your dare not post your thoughts on FTN! I, and others, value them, and I'm damned if you're going to run yourself out of town. Man (or woman) up. Yahyah shouldn't have put it like that, but I suspect was trying to get over the almost compulsive and addictive behaviour of some supporters - from both camps, I am obliged to point out.

Having said that, I'm still firmly in the 'no' camp - as if it bleedin' mattered! - as I have seen no explanation from the 'yes' camp regarding economic issues which will - whether Sturgeon and Salmond like it or not - affect every single Scottish resident if the vote is for independence.

I get the self-determination thing, and the wish to poke the Tories in the eye, the dislike of Westminster's business-as-usual, the sense that they are disenfranchised despite voting, the feeling that they have Tory rule without having chosen it, the dislike of neoliberalism, London, the city, bankers and a London centric media that treats them as children and unworthy of serious consideration.

I get it, I get it, I get it. I get it.

What I don't get is pulling out a pistol and threatening to blow your own head off.

If devo max isn't delivered (or simply doesn't work) then I will wish the Scots bon voyage to their eventual destination, which I suspect really isn't the one that the nats and Salmond imagine. It's a fucking big and nasty world out there, and 'plucky little independent Scotland' isn't worth the paper you'd wipe your arse with. A bigger gang - and in the case of the EU, a much bigger gang - is.

One final point.

The genii is out of the bottle; that's the most positive outcome from all of this. All the stuff above that I said I 'got', I really do. And so do so many more English, Welsh and Irish people. We don't need to embrace the flags of St George, St. David and St. Patrick to recognise that this is the end of the Union as we've known it for years. That union ended around the time that the Tories took on neoliberalism and ceased to be a unionist party - with very painful consequences, as we're now seeing.

They embraced that demon, and other parties to one degree or another have toyed with it, but none of them are so fatally compromised by it as are the Tories. All the stuff I 'get', even many Tory voters outside of the Home Counties and outside of the prosperous (and shrinking) economic sphere of neoliberalism get it. Some have bailed out to UKIP, some elsewhere. That's why the Labour party needs to grasp this opportunity to forge a federal UK state, to tell the Chicago school to go and fuck themselves, to do the sort of stuff we've talked about here endlessly (and which my council is now heading towards, I'm chuffed to say) and to ensure that even if there's a 'no' vote on Thursday, we never, ever, have again in the UK (or rUK) this sense of disenfranchisement.

For that, I thank the switched on Scots. They've shown that big questions demand that we all participate. Long may that resonate, on both sides of the border and in every country of the UK.

<dismounts soapbox>
TechnicalEphemera
Speaker of the House

Post by TechnicalEphemera »

Rebecca wrote:
yahyah wrote:

Tea&choc wrote that Ed should be 'thankful' that he only was shoved around and sworn at.Told her she should be ashamed of herself.I really do hope they all vote yes ,but feel sorry for all the poor no voters who are dreading the next few years.
Well if they do vote yes they will be entering a period of deflation and austerity that will make the Osborne years look like a golden age of prosperity.

So I will feel very sorry for the no voters, but they can migrate south.
Release the Guardvarks.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Just thanked you for that tour de force, Ernst.

What fuel are you on .... rocket fuel? :D
Working on the wild side.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Birmingham city council leader warns of 'ticking timebomb' of financial cuts
Sir Albert Bore says cuts over next four years will lead to more job losses and leave council unable to provide some services

http://www.theguardian.com/society/2014 ... ncial-cuts
He predicted that over the next three years the council would shed 6,000 more jobs on top of the 7,000 lost since the start of the decade – the equivalent, he said, of taking out twice the workforce that lost their jobs at the Rover plant in Longbridge in 2005.

"Far from austerity being over, as some seem to believe, this is the biggest cut in mainstream funding we have seen so far. And the cuts are planned to continue for at least three more years," Bore said on Tuesday
That's a heck of a lot of jobs. There is no way job losses of that magnitude can't affect the front line services ... and then, of course, Birmingham CC will be berated and whipped for being a 'failing' authority.
Working on the wild side.
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

PorFavor wrote:Goodnight, everyone.
Night PF :)
We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office. – Aesop
Spacedone
Whip

Post by Spacedone »

rebeccariots2 wrote:
Sir Albert Bore says cuts over next four years will lead to more job losses and leave council unable to provide some services

He predicted that over the next three years the council would shed 6,000 more jobs on top of the 7,000 lost since the start of the decade – the equivalent, he said, of taking out twice the workforce that lost their jobs at the Rover plant in Longbridge in 2005.

"Far from austerity being over, as some seem to believe, this is the biggest cut in mainstream funding we have seen so far. And the cuts are planned to continue for at least three more years," Bore said on Tuesday
That's a heck of a lot of jobs. There is no way job losses of that magnitude can't affect the front line services ... and then, of course, Birmingham CC will be berated and whipped for being a 'failing' authority.
They were saying on the radio earlier that Birmingham will have lost 2/3rds of the workforce they had in 2010.
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

Just an observation... But, if Ed wins in 2015 and the yes vote wins won't it be his job to sort it all out? Surely he needs/has to be there on the ground meeting people getting opinions now?

And it's hardly his fault there is a dearth of Tories to help out. Or Tories willing to mix with the people.
PaulfromYorkshire
Site Admin

Post by PaulfromYorkshire »

This is an interesting read

http://wakeupscotland.wordpress.com/201 ... ged-to-no/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

ewan-morrison-yes-why-i-joined-yes-and-why-i-changed-to-no

I think he gets very close to the fears of some here, including me, though that's not to say he's right of course.
MsChin
Backbencher

Post by MsChin »

rebeccariots2 wrote:

I can’t describe how grim it is for those who work in local government at the moment. The axe keeps swinging and we know that the worst cuts have yet to come, as they kick in in 2016-17. We veer from hating the councillors for undermining national terms and conditions negotiated by our unions to feeling really sorry for them for having to make budget-driven decisions which are killing off services to those poor desperate people who depend on them. Every last thread of the safety net is being unpicked by the government and for councillors & officers, alike having to consult with the poor buggers whose lives you’re destroying about which is the least worse option is just ... I’m sure some of you know exactly what I mean.

The scale of budget cuts in local government means we’re unsustainable whatever we do.
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

I see that David Prior is doing his bit for his political masters...

Poor NHS care kills up to 10,000 people a year, CQC chief claims

http://www.theguardian.com/society/2014 ... mentpage=2
letsskiptotheleft
Home Secretary

Post by letsskiptotheleft »

Three polls out tonight, the first coming shortly....
letsskiptotheleft
Home Secretary

And i'ts a No at 52% and Aye at 48%..

Two more to go...
letsskiptotheleft
Home Secretary

Opinium reporting the same figures, 52-48, one more at 10.30, I think, Survation..
letsskiptotheleft
Home Secretary

Love Gordon! Another tour de force!! :hug:
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

Huffington Post reporting that apart from Miliband speech Labour conference will be cancelled on a Yes vote.
Spacedone
Whip

Post by Spacedone »

HindleA wrote:Huffington Post reporting that apart from Miliband speech Labour conference will be cancelled on a Yes vote.
Doesn't surprise me. As I said last night, absolutely nobody will be paying attention to the party conferences if there's a Yes vote. And if Parliament is recalled as it would have to be there's no point anyway.
letsskiptotheleft
Home Secretary

HindleA wrote:Huffington Post reporting that apart from Miliband speech Labour conference will be cancelled on a Yes vote.
Have to agree with that tbh..
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

Mike Smithson ‏@MSmithsonPB 13m
Opinium/Telegraph: #indyref finds 49% of Scots thinking the campaign has “caused deep divisions within Scotland” http://bit.ly/1s57vX9" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

letsskiptotheleft wrote:Opinium reporting the same figures, 52-48, one more at 10.30, I think, Survation..
Daft I know, but I feel quite proud of him...A solid Labour politician gone to waste - until now.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

Just to say whatever position you take beware the press/media propaganda machine.If it can sustain a distortion of the truth for decades and denigrate whole communities/targeted sections of Society,it has no compunction not to keep doing so.That it may confirm your own view,latent prejudices should alert you more,not less.
TheGrimSqueaker
Speaker of the House

Post by TheGrimSqueaker »

Tatchell talking out of his arse, as usual.

"Peter Tatchell ‏@PeterTatchell · 2h
Gordon Brown claims Labour will defend NHS if Scots vote no. But his Labour govt began NHS privatisation with #PFI, creating huge NHS debts"

Nobody denies that Labour under Blair & Brown overused PFI, but they didn't begin privatisation and they didn't invent PFI. But facts never were one of Peter's strengths.
COWER BRIEF MORTALS. HO. HO. HO.
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

Sunder Katwala ‏@sundersays 32m
14% undecided (ICM): of these 20% leaning No and 12% leaning Yes, and others really undecided about that too http://www.scotsman.com/news/politics/t ... -1-3543614" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; …
AngryAsWell
Prime Minister

Post by AngryAsWell »

said
Speaking on condition of anonymity, senior Labour sources confirmed
This conference is this culmination of Ed's policy review. Policy that will form the manifesto has to be voted on at conference, before it can be included.
It can't be cancelled, too much hangs on it.
Spacedone
Whip

Post by Spacedone »

All three independence polls tonight have the result of 52% for No and 48% for Yes.
letsskiptotheleft
Home Secretary

Spacedone wrote:All three independence polls tonight have the result of 52% for No and 48% for Yes.
Shit at figures, but if you average all three out does it make it No 52% and Yes 48%? ;)
Spacedone
Whip

Post by Spacedone »

letsskiptotheleft wrote:
Spacedone wrote:All three independence polls tonight have the result of 52% for No and 48% for Yes.
Shit at figures, but if you average all three out does it make it No 52% and Yes 48%? ;)
I'm sure we need five polls at least to make a claim like that due to weighty mobile averages or something.
Hobiejoe
Minister of State

Post by Hobiejoe »

letsskiptotheleft wrote:
:lol: :lol: :lol: