Thursday 2nd July 2015

A home from home
Forum rules
Welcome to FTN. New posters are welcome to join the conversation. You can follow us on Twitter @FlythenestHaven You are responsible for the content you post. This is a public forum. Treat it as if you are speaking in a crowded room. Site admin and Moderators are volunteers who will respond as quickly as they are able to when made aware of any complaints. Please do not post copyrighted material without the original authors permission.
refitman
Site Admin

Thursday 2nd July 2015

Post by refitman »

Morning all. Still hot!
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Re: Thursday 2nd July 2015

Post by PorFavor »

refitman wrote:Morning all. Still hot!
Good morfternoon to you and everyone else.

Yes - rather warm here, too. Very overcast with, as yet, no sign of the sun.

Edited to remove an extra full stop. My cup runneth over . . . .
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

Weather update - it's raining.
Lonewolfie
Lord Chancellor

Post by Lonewolfie »

Aftevenimorn all...

Returning to the Greek 'debt'....perhaps someone could point this chap to the indiegogo page....

A Saudi billionaire has announced one of the biggest philanthropic gestures in history, promising to donate all his $32bn (£20bn) wealth to charity over the coming years.

http://www.theguardian.com/society/2015 ... to-charity

I know Greece isn't a charity - I just wonder at the perversity of a world that condemns an entire nation to unthinkable cruelty for what is effectively a pittance in the world of 'international investors' - there are many individuals who could quite easily and painlessly donate $1.5bn without blinking....and in that action help 11 million people...but, of course, that's not the way it works. (He is also the biggest investors in New Corpse, so I think it's unlikely that an actual real genuine act of philanthropy will occur - probably lots and lots of managers, administrators, PR-ists and marketeers to show and tell how generously philanthropic it all is (at least, what's left after the management charges, ad budgets etc)

...and yes - still hot (I hesitate to say 'here in Hope, just north of Peterborough' as, although there is still HOPE, it seems quite a long way away :( ) not far from RAF Wittering - at 35.8 the hottest place yesterday (although I had a thermometer go up to 38)....is it OK if I borrow this? :hose:
Proud to be 1 of the 76% - Solidarity...because PODEMOS
refitman
Site Admin

Post by refitman »

PorFavor wrote:Weather update - it's raining.
Lucky git!
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

Morning
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-33347511" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Sickness benefit shake-up considered

Nick Herbert, said the current system encourages people to stay on the benefit rather than finding work.
"We have a huge gap between disabled people's employment rate and non-disabled people's employment rate and if you are building in perverse incentives, within a benefit system, then you are encouraging people to move onto that benefit," he said.
Ministers are also understood to be considering changes to the support group category of the Employment and Support Allowance, with a possible announcement in the 8 July Budget.

The "kidney machines cause renal failure" school of non thought
Willow904
Prime Minister

Post by Willow904 »

HindleA wrote:Morning
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-33347511" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Nick Herbert, said the current system encourages people to stay on the benefit rather than finding work.
"We have a huge gap between disabled people's employment rate and non-disabled people's employment rate and if you are building in perverse incentives, within a benefit system, then you are encouraging people to move onto that benefit," he said.
Ministers are also understood to be considering changes to the support group category of the Employment and Support Allowance, with a possible announcement in the 8 July Budget.

I'm struggling to understand the point being made here. Sick people are less likely to return to work than healthy people? And? What's the issue? Surely you would expect a big difference in return to work rates between people who are fit and ready to work and just need a job and people who are ill and possibly ended up on benefits in the first place when they became too unwell to continue in work.

Why are we paying national insurance if not to protect us if we fall ill? Labour really need to defend the principle of social security against this onslaught or what's the point of them. If Burnham or Cooper make a stand against this, they'll get my vote.
"Fall seven times, get up eight" - Japanese proverb
Lonewolfie
Lord Chancellor

Post by Lonewolfie »

...and, wrt Odious IDS (nod to Rowson) and the Credit Card, I just don't know who to believe :o

But they sparked a furious spat, with the politician accusing Ipsa of making a mistake and the watchdog standing by its assertion.

http://www.granthamjournal.co.uk/news/n ... -1-6827120
Proud to be 1 of the 76% - Solidarity...because PODEMOS
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Morning all.

Totally off topic. In case you've missed the general dismay at the BBC's complete dumbing down of Wimbledon Today - meant to be the highlights show but the new format is a ghastly hybrid between Top Gear and the worst Ian Katz bad skit for newsnight and sadly omits to replay and / or discuss the important tennis that's happened. We watched some of it the first night and it was excruciatingly bad. Not bothering again.
Iain Martin retweeted
Stephen Tall ‏@stephentall 1h1 hour ago
Dear BBC, A suggestion. Why not show some tennis in your tennis highlights show? Yours, Everyone Who's At Work All Day #wimbledon2day
And then they'll wonder why people don't care if they lose their god given right to broadcast national events ...
Working on the wild side.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Willow904 wrote:
HindleA wrote:Morning

I'm struggling to understand the point being made here. Sick people are less likely to return to work than healthy people? And? What's the issue? Surely you would expect a big difference in return to work rates between people who are fit and ready to work and just need a job and people who are ill and possibly ended up on benefits in the first place when they became too unwell to continue in work.

Why are we paying national insurance if not to protect us if we fall ill? Labour really need to defend the principle of social security against this onslaught or what's the point of them. If Burnham or Cooper make a stand against this, they'll get my vote.
Thank you Willow - I think you and HindleA have just given me the line of questioning I wanted for our outing to see Burnham on Saturday.

I've had a belated offer of a ticket to the full hustings in Cardiff now - will have to decide if we want to go or not. We'd both more or less given up on it.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

This is from the daily email briefing by Paul Waugh of the Huffington Post. Very bad news if it is accurate. Sorry for and angry with all those who will be affected.
ESA DOES IT

The BBC Today programme has a scoop that ministers are reviving a secret Coalition plan to cut sickness benefits. It has a leaked Whitehall paper describing the Employment and Support Allowance as a "passive" benefit which does not "incentivise" people to find a job, and proposes abolishing the work-related activity group (WRAG) category. If scrapped, weekly payments would drop nearly £30, bringing it in line with Jobseeker's Allowance.

Charlie Pickles of the think tank Reform says change to ESA is overdue. ‘We are just not seeing people come off the benefit....we are seeing very high numbers just staying on the benefit’.

IDS was on robust form yesterday as he unveiled changes to child poverty, denying Stephen Timm’s charge that he’d read the obituary for ‘compassionate Conservativism’. Alan Milburn and Frank Field provided helpful cover. IDS had a trickier time over PA’s exclusive that he was among MPs to have their expenses cards suspended.
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Post by AnatolyKasparov »

Well, even Milburn has slagged off the IDS proposal to effectively abolish child poverty measures......
"IS TONTY BLAIR BEHIND THIS???!!!!111???!!!"
NonOxCol
Chief Whip

Post by NonOxCol »

rebeccariots2 wrote:Morning all.

Totally off topic. In case you've missed the general dismay at the BBC's complete dumbing down of Wimbledon Today - meant to be the highlights show but the new format is a ghastly hybrid between Top Gear and the worst Ian Katz bad skit for newsnight and sadly omits to replay and / or discuss the important tennis that's happened. We watched some of it the first night and it was excruciatingly bad. Not bothering again.
Iain Martin retweeted
Dear BBC, A suggestion. Why not show some tennis in your tennis highlights show? Yours, Everyone Who's At Work All Day #wimbledon2day
And then they'll wonder why people don't care if they lose their god given right to broadcast national events ...
Morning. I know IDS/ESA is a damn sight more important, and believe me I'm in the red zone on that.

But as someone who has followed sport avidly for 34 years, and supports free-to-air coverage on principle, I cannot defend BBC Sport any more. Barbara Slater has been an unmitigated disaster for the corporation - she has either dumbed down everything she's touched, or lost it to satellite and followed up with mealy-mouthed cack about budgets. I watched Wimbledon2Day for the first time yesterday and it was not just staggeringly awful, but a perfect illustration of several key faults of BBC Sport under Slater: overpromotion of one competent presenter; insulting under-use of genuine experts; focus away from action and on complete gibbering inanity; and Phil "why bother with sporting drama when you can have unfunny whimsy instead" Jones. Hateful.
mikems
Minister of State

Post by mikems »

abolishing ESA WRAG and telling everyone that they are fit for work but feckless, is a massive abuse of human rights and institutionalised discrimination...

these people are just sick fascists as far as I can tell.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

The other thing that's happening to BBC sport broadcasting is less red button choice and more online streaming. That's fine for those who have a reliable superfast broadband connection ... but for those of us who don't and who live in an area where use of the internet escalates massively over the holiday periods as holidaymakers pack out our villages and countryside ... just at the times a lot of sport is broadcast ... and means speeds drop even lower than usual so watching online TV is barely feasible ... it's yet another exclusion.

Just waiting for them to complete the exclusion of rural UK with the switch over to DAB radio. As PF says 'my cup runneth over'.
mikems
Minister of State

Post by mikems »

UN Declaration of Human Rights:

"Everyone has the right to a standard of living adequate for the health and well-being of himself and his family, including food, clothing, housing and medical care and necessary social services, and the right to security in the event of unemployment, sickness, disability, widowhood, old age or other lack of livelihood in circumstances beyond his control'

We should start insisting on these things...international charters are the supreme legal obligations after all.
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

AnatolyKasparov wrote:Well, even Milburn has slagged off the IDS proposal to effectively abolish child poverty measures......
Yes - but only in a very roundabout way, buffered by a load of verbiage and "welcoming".

It was hardly a stinging attack.
mikems
Minister of State

Post by mikems »

Milburn is a corrupt sell-out, that's all. Should be ignored, when not being vilified and denounced, by decent people.
AngryAsWell
Prime Minister

Post by AngryAsWell »

LGA Labour Group ‎@LGA_Labour

3 hours to #labourleadership hustings at #LGAConf15. Event will be webstreamed at 12.20pm at http://www.lga.public-i.tv" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; Pl RT

9:20 AM - 2 Jul 2015
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

AngryAsWell wrote:LGA Labour Group ‎@LGA_Labour

3 hours to #labourleadership hustings at #LGAConf15. Event will be webstreamed at 12.20pm at http://www.lga.public-i.tv" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; Pl RT

I think it must have been something you said. Perhaps you'd care to rephrase it.
AngryAsWell
Prime Minister

Post by AngryAsWell »

PorFavor wrote:
AngryAsWell wrote:LGA Labour Group ‎@LGA_Labour

I think it must have been something you said. Perhaps you'd care to rephrase it.
I often get that feeling....
AngryAsWell
Prime Minister

Post by AngryAsWell »

Hustings have started
http://www.lga.public-i.tv/core/portal/ ... ive/181766" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Post by AnatolyKasparov »

PorFavor wrote:
AnatolyKasparov wrote:Well, even Milburn has slagged off the IDS proposal to effectively abolish child poverty measures......
Yes - but only in a very roundabout way, buffered by a load of verbiage and "welcoming".

It was hardly a stinging attack.
Well yes, I would expect little else ;)

Still, he's not the first ex-Trot to go very far to the right indeed.......
"IS TONTY BLAIR BEHIND THIS???!!!!111???!!!"
AngryAsWell
Prime Minister

Post by AngryAsWell »

Liz Kendall is winding me up just by speaking.
JC is coming across very well
Andy sounds cross
Yvette quite sensible
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

Post by RogerOThornhill »

Morning all.

Had a little rain but it's hotter now than it was earlier so maybe the rain could have held off for another few hours.

Good article about the Education Bill. Becky Francis hasn't been described as part of the Blob yet but it's only a matter of time.

http://schoolsweek.co.uk/i-gave-evidenc ... ed-to-say/

I won't quote as there's too much and is varied but basically it's saying that the evidence for what they want to on academies extend simply isn't there right now.
If I'm not here, then I'll be in the library. Or the other library.
AngryAsWell
Prime Minister

Post by AngryAsWell »

AngryAsWell wrote:Liz Kendall is winding me up just by speaking.
Andy sounds cross
Yvette quite sensible
Did anyone else watch it? If so any opinions?
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

Plans to reduce ESA (Employment Support Allowance or, formerly, Incapacity Benefit)?

I only half-heard it on the BBC TV news and wasn't really paying attention. I'll keep my ear open for the reprise.
Tubby Isaacs
Prime Minister

Post by Tubby Isaacs »

Credit to OP:
Listened to the same story on the BBC this morning. Radio 4 noted that the think tank presenting the views was IDS', BBC 1 forgot this point. It was about the extra money sick people get in benefits compared to jobseekers allowance, £30 a week that's about to be cut. That's the ultra left-wing beeb forgetting this salient point.
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

Ah - I've found a link on the BBC News website:

And now for the link -

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-33347511

Edited to say why I edited it -

To add the link!
Last edited by PorFavor on Thu 02 Jul, 2015 1:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Tubby Isaacs
Prime Minister

Post by Tubby Isaacs »

He's all right on this subject, in a narrow way. His criticism is pretty much what you expect from someone working for an agency/quango. You either resign or you say this sort of thing.
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

38m ago13:04

The SNP’s Tasmina Ahmed-Sheikh says it would be better to called Islamic State Daesh than Isis or Isil.

Fallon says he has a lot of sympathy for that point of view. Countries in the region call it Daesh. But it may be too late to stop people using the term Isil, he says. He says the BBC has changed its stance. (Politics Blog, Guardian)
But not so's you'd notice (yet, at any rate).

Edited

Brackets
Willow904
Prime Minister

Post by Willow904 »

AngryAsWell wrote:
Andy sounds cross
Yvette quite sensible
I caught the summing up from the four candidates. I thought Cooper was good. Thought Burnham was awful to start with, but then he seemed to get into his stride and was pretty convincing towards the end. Kendall just told me what to do (choose someone you completely disagree with in order to "win") in a very patronising voice. Corbyn was sensible and reassuring because he talked like politicians used to talk like back in my youth when I had a tad more belief that they actually knew what they were doing.

I'm still torn between Cooper and Burnham. I was starting to lean to Cooper, she's very able, but Burnham's got more passion, and that came across well in the clip I saw. What to do, eh?
"Fall seven times, get up eight" - Japanese proverb
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

Tubby Isaacs wrote:Credit to OP:
Listened to the same story on the BBC this morning. Radio 4 noted that the think tank presenting the views was IDS', BBC 1 forgot this point. It was about the extra money sick people get in benefits compared to jobseekers allowance, £30 a week that's about to be cut. That's the ultra left-wing beeb forgetting this salient point.
OP?
Tubby Isaacs
Prime Minister

Post by Tubby Isaacs »

NonOxCol wrote:

Iain Martin retweeted
Morning. I know IDS/ESA is a damn sight more important, and believe me I'm in the red zone on that.

But as someone who has followed sport avidly for 34 years, and supports free-to-air coverage on principle, I cannot defend BBC Sport any more. Barbara Slater has been an unmitigated disaster for the corporation - she has either dumbed down everything she's touched, or lost it to satellite and followed up with mealy-mouthed cack about budgets. I watched Wimbledon2Day for the first time yesterday and it was not just staggeringly awful, but a perfect illustration of several key faults of BBC Sport under Slater: overpromotion of one competent presenter; insulting under-use of genuine experts; focus away from action and on complete gibbering inanity; and Phil "why bother with sporting drama when you can have unfunny whimsy instead" Jones. Hateful.
Nice to see you.

That sounds awful. I think BBC and ITV and 5 have to work together on sport much more. The BBC's strategy went wrong in 1992, when it joined with Sky to get the football contract. I don't think the FA would have gone with Sky without the highlights being on terrestrial. Greg Dyke, then at ITV, told the BBC at the time what would happen afterwards.
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

Re the ESA story -

I'm a bit slow today. And I read the original post, too! Sorry.

OP = original poster. Brain like mud (me, that is).

As you were. . . . .
AngryAsWell
Prime Minister

Post by AngryAsWell »

Willow904 wrote:
AngryAsWell wrote:
Andy sounds cross
Yvette quite sensible
I caught the summing up from the four candidates. I thought Cooper was good. Thought Burnham was awful to start with, but then he seemed to get into his stride and was pretty convincing towards the end. Kendall just told me what to do (choose someone you completely disagree with in order to "win") in a very patronising voice. Corbyn was sensible and reassuring because he talked like politicians used to talk like back in my youth when I had a tad more belief that they actually knew what they were doing.

I'm still torn between Cooper and Burnham. I was starting to lean to Cooper, she's very able, but Burnham's got more passion, and that came across well in the clip I saw. What to do, eh?
I'm in the same place as you - still don't know who to vote for. Agree on Andy's passion, but it often comes across as a bit petulant and angry. I didn't like Yvette's dig at him over cost of his proposed health plans, thought it a bit below the belt.
Must admit JC impressed me a lot, but not at all sure he could carry the country to vote for him. I hope whoever wins gives him a shadow position.
frightful_oik
Whip

Post by frightful_oik »

Tubby Isaacs wrote:
NonOxCol wrote:

Nice to see you.

That sounds awful. I think BBC and ITV and 5 have to work together on sport much more. The BBC's strategy went wrong in 1992, when it joined with Sky to get the football contract. I don't think the FA would have gone with Sky without the highlights being on terrestrial. Greg Dyke, then at ITV, told the BBC at the time what would happen afterwards.
Trouble with ITV, when they do any football, is that they ruin it. It was ITV who developed the idea of 'glamour' clubs. Load of bollocks then and still is. Even when I had a licence I found all televised football unwatchable.
Shake your chains to earth like dew
Which in sleep had fallen on you-
Ye are many - they are few."
ephemerid
Speaker of the House

Post by ephemerid »

rebeccariots2 wrote:This is from the daily email briefing by Paul Waugh of the Huffington Post. Very bad news if it is accurate. Sorry for and angry with all those who will be affected.
ESA DOES IT

The BBC Today programme has a scoop that ministers are reviving a secret Coalition plan to cut sickness benefits. It has a leaked Whitehall paper describing the Employment and Support Allowance as a "passive" benefit which does not "incentivise" people to find a job, and proposes abolishing the work-related activity group (WRAG) category. If scrapped, weekly payments would drop nearly £30, bringing it in line with Jobseeker's Allowance.

Charlie Pickles of the think tank Reform says change to ESA is overdue. ‘We are just not seeing people come off the benefit....we are seeing very high numbers just staying on the benefit’.

IDS was on robust form yesterday as he unveiled changes to child poverty, denying Stephen Timm’s charge that he’d read the obituary for ‘compassionate Conservativism’. Alan Milburn and Frank Field provided helpful cover. IDS had a trickier time over PA’s exclusive that he was among MPs to have their expenses cards suspended.

Told you so.
"Poverty is the worst form of violence" - Mahatma Gandhi
letsskiptotheleft
Home Secretary

Post by letsskiptotheleft »

AngryAsWell wrote:
Willow904 wrote:
AngryAsWell wrote: Did anyone else watch it? If so any opinions?

I'm in the same place as you - still don't know who to vote for. Agree on Andy's passion, but it often comes across as a bit petulant and angry. I didn't like Yvette's dig at him over cost of his proposed health plans, thought it a bit below the belt.
Must admit JC impressed me a lot, but not at all sure he could carry the country to vote for him. I hope whoever wins gives him a shadow position.

Afternoon, I'm still veering towards Cooper, OK, she's not totally untarnished but she is a very able politician, my main worry, if elected is that doesn't let more of her personality come through, she has moments of naturalness and being witty, at times let it show.

She's more than a match for Cameron, and he won't like facing a woman, what with his woman problem, which inevitably shows from time to time. Deputy, still not made my mind up.
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

letsskiptotheleft wrote:
AngryAsWell wrote:
Willow904 wrote: I caught the summing up from the four candidates. I thought Cooper was good. Thought Burnham was awful to start with, but then he seemed to get into his stride and was pretty convincing towards the end. Kendall just told me what to do (choose someone you completely disagree with in order to "win") in a very patronising voice. Corbyn was sensible and reassuring because he talked like politicians used to talk like back in my youth when I had a tad more belief that they actually knew what they were doing.

Afternoon, I'm still veering towards Cooper, OK, she's not totally untarnished but she is a very able politician, my main worry, if elected is that doesn't let more of her personality come through, she has moments of naturalness and being witty, at times let it show.

She's more than a match for Cameron, and he won't like facing a woman, what with his woman problem, which inevitably shows from time to time. Deputy, still not made my mind up.
I'm leaning towards Yvette Cooper, too. If she (YC) should win, Angela Eagle (whom I like, anyway, although I also like Stella Creasy) would, I think, make the best Deputy Leader.

Edited to add a vital comma. Angela Eagle is not, so far as I'm aware, a raffle prize.

Edited to change Yvette Cooper to Angela Eagle. In a manner of speaking.
Last edited by PorFavor on Thu 02 Jul, 2015 2:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

Just a thought -
If the Isil thing is going to "last a generation" anyway, what will be gained by bombing Syria?
Tubby Isaacs
Prime Minister

Post by Tubby Isaacs »

frightful_oik wrote: Trouble with ITV, when they do any football, is that they ruin it. It was ITV who developed the idea of 'glamour' clubs. Load of bollocks then and still is. Even when I had a licence I found all televised football unwatchable.
Yes, it was ITV (and indeed Greg Dyke) who promoted the Big Five stuff in the late 80s. But to be fair, they were trying to break the cartel then, and the underpricing of rights was part of the reason football in such a mess then. The BBC had more money than ITV and could, using its broader remit, have put to the FA a programme showing more teams and the lower leagues.

ITV though did get the big decision, in 1992, right. It's led to the Sky dominance. I'd certainly put up with some babbling ITV rubbish to watch live top flight football at all.

The BBC were still annoyed at ITV breaking the old cartel in 1988. Appallingly short sighted.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

I think they will brand all those in the WRAG group on the foreheard on a weekly basis of a running total as to how much the UK taxpayers have paid towards their life of pretend sickness/disability,gangs of Smithites will be encouraged to spit,abuse,turn wheelchairs over,unplug dialysis machines to further disincentivise .
Tubby Isaacs
Prime Minister

Post by Tubby Isaacs »

PorFavor wrote:
Tubby Isaacs wrote:Credit to OP:
OP?

Chap on another board.

I thought naming him would have people saying "who's he?"
Tubby Isaacs
Prime Minister

Post by Tubby Isaacs »

RogerOThornhill wrote:Morning all.

Had a little rain but it's hotter now than it was earlier so maybe the rain could have held off for another few hours.

Good article about the Education Bill. Becky Francis hasn't been described as part of the Blob yet but it's only a matter of time.

http://schoolsweek.co.uk/i-gave-evidenc ... ed-to-say/

I won't quote as there's too much and is varied but basically it's saying that the evidence for what they want to on academies extend simply isn't there right now.
She's probably steeling herself for an attack from Squealer. Or maybe Allison Pearson who did a Littlejohn-standard attack on a primary school teacher from Lancashire yesterday. She had admittedly said something a bit silly sounding about naughty children, but on the other hand, her school was way over the floor targets and rated Good across the board by Ofsted. Pearson did mention the Ofsted grade, but claimed that they'd said bullying wasn't dealt with properly. In fact "some parents said" that. Ofsted didn't sound convinced, and praised the school's anti-bullying drive.
Tubby Isaacs
Prime Minister

Post by Tubby Isaacs »

mikems wrote:abolishing ESA WRAG and telling everyone that they are fit for work but feckless, is a massive abuse of human rights and institutionalised discrimination...

these people are just sick fascists as far as I can tell.
I used to laugh at people on the left using words like fascist, Mike.

I don't now.
LadyCentauria
Speaker of the House
Location: Set within 3,500 acres of leafy public land in SW London

Post by LadyCentauria »

OT but James Ward wins 2nd round match 3/1, goes through to 3rd Round of a Grand Slam tournament for the first time and finally breaks into the top 100 ranking! Yippee!!
This time, I'm gonna be stronger I'm not giving in...
Tubby Isaacs
Prime Minister

Post by Tubby Isaacs »

Jeez.

Marklu (poster on the DT) points out that the headteacher in Nelson who Allison Pearson attacked was on the receiving end of a "sack this idiot" article from Toby Young a year ago.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Off to fetch the dog.

I will not let my emotions show. I will not let my emotions show. I will not let my emotions ....
LadyCentauria
Speaker of the House
Location: Set within 3,500 acres of leafy public land in SW London

Post by LadyCentauria »

rebeccariots2 wrote:Off to fetch the dog.

I will not let my emotions show. I will not let my emotions show. I will not let my emotions ....
Betcha will ;) Hope he'll be ok, now!
This time, I'm gonna be stronger I'm not giving in...