Friday 21st August 2015

A home from home
Forum rules
Welcome to FTN. New posters are welcome to join the conversation. You can follow us on Twitter @FlythenestHaven You are responsible for the content you post. This is a public forum. Treat it as if you are speaking in a crowded room. Site admin and Moderators are volunteers who will respond as quickly as they are able to when made aware of any complaints. Please do not post copyrighted material without the original authors permission.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Re: Friday 21st August 2015

Post by rebeccariots2 »

TechnicalEphemera wrote:
rebeccariots2 wrote:
HindleA wrote:Corbyn sounds too much like a well known trouser press to be leader,never mind a PM.Other trouser press manufacturers are available.
Careful there, HindleA. We don't want to go that far backwards, do we? (Do they still manufacture them?)
I have often encountered them, but always assumed the sale of such useless items to hotels was some vast money laundering scheme, or else an American plot to ensure all UK conferences were conducted in crumpled clothes.
This is all getting a bit Graham Greene.
Working on the wild side.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

ChrisDean wrote:Meanwhile, back in the good old Forest of Dean, it seems we may well have yet another fight on our hands. this time re fracking. Our MP, Mark Harper is all for it in principle, but according to him, the FOD has no shale gas to be exploited, so no worries. Wonder why the area is included in the latest map of areas to potentially, be
granted licences then ?
Don't trust him, CD. Definitely don't trust him.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Tom Newton Dunn ‏@tnewtondunn 51s51 seconds ago
EXCL: Caught Red Len-handed - Jeremy Corbyn at Unite HQ for 3 hour talks with McCluskey on how he'll lead Labour; http://www.sunnation.co.uk/corbyn-has-s ... r-victory/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; …
Oh FFS. And I haven't felt the need - or had the energy - to say that for some time now - sheer exasperation at the relentless old narrative peddling ...
Tonibel
Backbencher

Post by Tonibel »

I had to look it up as Corbyn trouser press didn't sound right. It is of course Corby, and available on Amazon for only £139.99.
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/201 ... rship-vote" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
As I say - we can vote for whoever we want - as long as who it's the establishment want us to vote for.
LET'S FACE IT I'M JUST 'KIN' SEETHIN'
Tubby Isaacs
Prime Minister

Post by Tubby Isaacs »

rebeccariots2 wrote:
Tubby Isaacs wrote:Chloe Smith, who I was expecting to see the back of in May, pops up in my rail magazine. Some rail plans in East Anglia, she opined, "would have gone backwards if Labour had won the election".

Hmmm, I thought. Turns out that the rail company are closely involved with the plans, but their franchise is coming up. So they want the franchise extended automatically. Labour and (I think) the Lib Dems both oppose this (called "refranchising").

How can this even be legal? It amounts to winning a new franchise without even bidding for one. But, hey, Chloe Smith will get a photo op by the new stuff. Given how full of herself she is in the article, this hardly bears thinking about.

Unfortunately, I reckon Chloe and all are in for a good stint in Parliament. I think she's laughing her socks off at Corbyn being elected.
It does seem incredible that she's back ... please don't tell me she got an increased majority. That would be too much to bear.
I think she was really scared before the election, but indeed got an increase. Up to 4600+.

I don't know if this deal with the franchise is going to happen- looks like the current franchise up in Dec next year. Wonder if Osborne is going to prefer getting full whack instead?
TechnicalEphemera
Speaker of the House

Post by TechnicalEphemera »

Tubby Isaacs wrote:
rebeccariots2 wrote:
Tubby Isaacs wrote:Chloe Smith, who I was expecting to see the back of in May, pops up in my rail magazine. Some rail plans in East Anglia, she opined, "would have gone backwards if Labour had won the election".

Hmmm, I thought. Turns out that the rail company are closely involved with the plans, but their franchise is coming up. So they want the franchise extended automatically. Labour and (I think) the Lib Dems both oppose this (called "refranchising").

How can this even be legal? It amounts to winning a new franchise without even bidding for one. But, hey, Chloe Smith will get a photo op by the new stuff. Given how full of herself she is in the article, this hardly bears thinking about.

Unfortunately, I reckon Chloe and all are in for a good stint in Parliament. I think she's laughing her socks off at Corbyn being elected.
It does seem incredible that she's back ... please don't tell me she got an increased majority. That would be too much to bear.
I think she was really scared before the election, but indeed got an increase. Up to 4600+.

I don't know if this deal with the franchise is going to happen- looks like the current franchise up in Dec next year. Wonder if Osborne is going to prefer getting full whack instead?
What on earth has Ms Rowe got to do with railway franchises ?
Release the Guardvarks.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Dear me ... Kirsty Wark is wearing a dress that makes her look like she's been partially fried on a piece of trellis patterned fencing - or run into it and been flattened. (Or perhaps a Corbyn dress press has been used on her?)

Sorry to be personal ... but that's some truly awful frock.
AngryAsWell
Prime Minister

Post by AngryAsWell »

rebeccariots2 wrote:Dear me ... Kirsty Wark is wearing a dress that makes her look like she's been partially fried on a piece of trellis patterned fencing - or run into it and been flattened. (Or perhaps a Corbyn dress press has been used on her?)

Sorry to be personal ... but that's some truly awful frock.
Whenever she has her more outlandish frocks on MrAAW and I via with each other to say "she's been shopping with Grayson again!"

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=grays ... 20&bih=926" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
ChrisDean
Backbencher

Post by ChrisDean »

I don't log in very often, as you know, but I do read here everyday. Much love to you all and particularly to those of you who have health problems, of your own, or of your loved ones
LadyCentauria
Speaker of the House
Location: Set within 3,500 acres of leafy public land in SW London

Post by LadyCentauria »

ChrisDean wrote:I don't log in very often, as you know, but I do read here everyday. Much love to you all and particularly to those of you who have health problems, of your own, or of your loved ones
Glad to know you're still with us, Chris. Hope that the Forest of Dean will remain free from fracking – indeed, that it can be prevented altogether!
This time, I'm gonna be stronger I'm not giving in...
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

News from Banksy's Dismaland:
http://www.theguardian.com/artanddesign ... creativity

“Due to unprecedented demand ‘the UK’s most disappointing new visitor attraction’ is currently unable to process online ticket sales.”
Class.
LET'S FACE IT I'M JUST 'KIN' SEETHIN'
LadyCentauria
Speaker of the House
Location: Set within 3,500 acres of leafy public land in SW London

Post by LadyCentauria »

London-centric, I know. But:
A man is in a critical condition after being shot by police following a siege lasting seven hours in south London.
The Met Police said the incident happened at a residential address in Tilson Gardens in south Brixton.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-34020120

The police (unarmed) and other officials tried to enter the premises to carry out a planned eviction but had to withdraw whilst negotiators and armed police were brought to the scene. At about a quarter-to-five a man was shot outside the premises. The Evening Standard says that neighbours were evacuated during the course of the morning.

In other news, apparently, one of Cilla's 'Best-of' albums has made it to the top of the UK Album Charts...
This time, I'm gonna be stronger I'm not giving in...
TechnicalEphemera
Speaker of the House

Post by TechnicalEphemera »

tinyclanger2 wrote:News from Banksy's Dismaland:
http://www.theguardian.com/artanddesign ... creativity

“Due to unprecedented demand ‘the UK’s most disappointing new visitor attraction’ is currently unable to process online ticket sales.”
Class.
Thank you for that.

The best bit about this whole story was when I clicked through from the original FTN post on Dismaland and got to the article - in line was.......

An advert for Disneyland Paris.

Brilliant even Google adds have been corrupted by Banksy,
Release the Guardvarks.
Tonibel
Backbencher

Post by Tonibel »

LadyCentauria wrote:
ChrisDean wrote:I don't log in very often, as you know, but I do read here everyday. Much love to you all and particularly to those of you who have health problems, of your own, or of your loved ones
Glad to know you're still with us, Chris. Hope that the Forest of Dean will remain free from fracking – indeed, that it can be prevented altogether!
I was rather hoping that some conspiracy theorists would suggest a link between fracking and cryptosporidium in Lancashire