Friday 28th August 2015

A home from home
Forum rules
Welcome to FTN. New posters are welcome to join the conversation. You can follow us on Twitter @FlythenestHaven You are responsible for the content you post. This is a public forum. Treat it as if you are speaking in a crowded room. Site admin and Moderators are volunteers who will respond as quickly as they are able to when made aware of any complaints. Please do not post copyrighted material without the original authors permission.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Re: Friday 28th August 2015

Post by HindleA »

I am sorry for your loss,no your'e not you didn't even know her you twat.Excuse catharsis.
utopiandreams
Speaker of the House

Post by utopiandreams »

@HindleA

I sincerely hope the they to whom you refer are not people proffering advice, but you may be surprised by some that may come your way.

I expect you're going through the motions in somewhat of a dream. I'll say no more as you've probably had enough said already. Should you wish to unburden then I am happy for you to PM me should you feel the need. I have no idea whether a semi-anonymous counsellor can help not that I have any formal training.

On a somewhat parallel note the lady below has been back a few days now but I haven't seen her. If or when I do I shall explain what transpired as natural concern and that I am here in whatever capacity she may need. Something I only feel I can offer in passing rather than introducing myself.
I would close my eyes if I couldn't dream.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

Biggest decision was how to say "dead".The word itself too blunt,snuffed it vulgar no longer with us too vague I decided on passed away I don't particularly like it but it seemed to get the required message across without too much shuffling of feet and embarrassed response.I would try and avoid having to say,but it seems to be a case of everybody needing a reason as to why something is no longer needed.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

utopiandreams

I am ok really.I find these late night witterings useful.Everybody has to go through it,I had just hoped it would not have been when I was relatively young.That is all.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

Stop moaning you git,you had twenty six years with her.Self reproach.
utopiandreams
Speaker of the House

Post by utopiandreams »

HindleA wrote:utopiandreams

I am ok really.I find these late night witterings useful.Everybody has to go through it,I had just hoped it would not have been so soon.That is all.
I found a bottle of Scotch sometimes helped as long as it doesn't become a habit. It can also help when sleep was difficult. Each to our own, I guess.

Night, I am myself tired. I've not slept well for over a week, my back is playing up again and I have neither any smoke nor Scotch for a nightcap.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

Night.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

"You will have to get a job."Why,is it the law?Not their fault.I have "worked" twice as hard,no holidays,or pay for twelve years WILLINGLY,and first responses enjoy your freedom you will have to get a job.People are funny are they not.
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

People are unfathomable.
Best wishes HindleA.
LET'S FACE IT I'M JUST 'KIN' SEETHIN'
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

Bugger it,house nearly paid for,I am frugal to the nth degree.Life of the idle rich for me.
utopiandreams
Speaker of the House

Post by utopiandreams »

HindleA wrote:Bugger it,house nearly paid for,I am frugal to the nth degree.Life of the idle rich for me.
What I would say on that score, A, is that work does help to keep a handle on normality so if as you say t'house ain't quite paid then perhaps there is still the need for a little longer. On frugality then sure. I trust you have enough clothes but make sure you eat properly. That part was easy for me I still had kids to look after, albeit the lads, well the youngest was around about twenty. Truth be known they were more bother than my daughter, but we knew of her coeliac disease by then.

Ugh no, I am not going there, before finding out that is; the things you have to temper when you're really angry inside. Stop it utopian, it was worse for her... and get a grip this ain't about you!

Chin up Ade, I may call you Ade, may I?
utopiandreams
Speaker of the House

Post by utopiandreams »

As for the pants that were spoken of earlier, then I have to say that I was exceedingly slow and until someone actually spelt it out I had no idea what P could mean. They do look disgusting though, it must be the exceptionally high waistband and lack of muscle tone. Thinking of, I'm not sure what the trend is called, sausage legs, the torso could have been fashioned from a jumbo sausage above two smaller ones.

Edit: somewhat late but replace 'by' with 'from'. How did I miss that, alliterative too.
Last edited by utopiandreams on Sat 29 Aug, 2015 7:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
utopiandreams
Speaker of the House

Post by utopiandreams »

Some people call it changing the subject, I call it vanity myself, perhaps misdirection; that is when the magic happens.

Postscript: I'm not speaking of prestidigitation, more's the pity, but then you already knew that with my exceptionally fat fingers (figure of speech).
utopiandreams
Speaker of the House

Post by utopiandreams »

What bliss running hot water is. 'And the shower certainly beats standing below a water tank in the middle of a field. I remember fruit-picking in the summer as a student, we'd go into town early morning for a strip wash in the public conveniences, mostly in the middle of a park, not stark bollock naked you understand, in the conveniences that is I'm not speaking of the field. You'd have to go early mind before the attendant started work, at least they weren't locked at night.

Whatever happened to public service and utilities? Oh yeah, Maggie! Vandalism probably played its part too, but isn't it strange how much of our decline coincided?

... I gather I have at least three more years... I'm really stuck for a commonplace expression... no matter. Oh no wonder it's 'Get you' whereas 'Get me' doesn't work.

Anyway let's spare a thought for the migrants who have much, much less and very little choice.

Postscript: they should of course be called refugees, but that would never do in Tory speak.
LadyCentauria
Speaker of the House
Location: Set within 3,500 acres of leafy public land in SW London

Post by LadyCentauria »

@HindleA: You know what's right for you and know yourself well enough to make your own choices. No-one knows what it's like for you – we can only know what it was, or is, like for us; and we can listen when you want to talk.

When my then partner lost his life, nearly twenty-five years ago, now, a 'helpful' relative said, "Of course, it'll be easier for you because you two weren't married." I managed not to punch her! But there you go. She surely meant well. I'd forgotten that incident, preferring instead to remember the friends and family who were just 'there', preferring to remember what time he and I had – the joy of love and the ease of being together. Wasn't going to mention any of that but it came out so might as well stand.

:heart: :zen:
This time, I'm gonna be stronger I'm not giving in...
utopiandreams
Speaker of the House

Post by utopiandreams »

@LadyCentauria

I used to find the looking down on you hard to take, but your example really takes the biscuit. But as you say, there is many a misplaced word but people generally mean well. We had similar when our daughter was born but that's another story. In some ways that was even harder because as opposed to known unknowns there were so many unknown ones.