Bank Holiday Edition - Saturday 29th - Monday 31st August

A home from home
Forum rules
Welcome to FTN. New posters are welcome to join the conversation. You can follow us on Twitter @FlythenestHaven You are responsible for the content you post. This is a public forum. Treat it as if you are speaking in a crowded room. Site admin and Moderators are volunteers who will respond as quickly as they are able to when made aware of any complaints. Please do not post copyrighted material without the original authors permission.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Bank Holiday Edition - Saturday 29th - Monday 31st August

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Morning.
Working on the wild side.
utopiandreams
Speaker of the House

Re: Bank Holiday Edition - Saturday 29th - Monday 31st Augus

Post by utopiandreams »

Thanks, rr2, some of us are still inhabiting the Friday blog. It really is time I checked on how to start a new thread. Anyway carried over from Friday's...

What bliss running hot water is. 'And the shower certainly beats standing below a water tank in the middle of a field. I remember fruit-picking in the summer as a student, we'd go into town early morning for a strip wash in the public conveniences, mostly in the middle of a park, not stark bollock naked you understand, in the conveniences that is I'm not speaking of the field. You'd have to go early mind before the attendant started work, at least they weren't locked at night.

Whatever happened to public service and utilities? Oh yeah, Maggie! Vandalism probably played its part too, but isn't it strange how much of our decline coincided?

Get you, utopian, spare a thought for the migrants who have much, much less and very little choice. Of course they're refugees, but that would never do in Tory speak.

'And a good morning. The sun is shining.

Edit: of course I meant inhabiting and not populating. As I think I've already mentioned I really need to up my typing speed otherwise I've forgotten what I was going to say by the time I get there!
I would close my eyes if I couldn't dream.
yahyah
Prime Minister

Post by yahyah »

Morning.

In two weeks time we'll be biting our nails waiting for the announcement.
LadyCentauria
Speaker of the House
Location: Set within 3,500 acres of leafy public land in SW London

Post by LadyCentauria »

Good mornterings, m'dears. Here's wishing you all a good day.

@rr2: I see they are forecasting dryth for much of Wales - and even sunshine. I know you might need to use some of it to catch up on your work but hope you can enjoy it, too.
This time, I'm gonna be stronger I'm not giving in...
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

LadyCentauria wrote:Good mornterings, m'dears. Here's wishing you all a good day.

@rr2: I see they are forecasting dryth for much of Wales - and even sunshine. I know you might need to use some of it to catch up on your work but hope you can enjoy it, too.
Morning Lady C. It's already rained here this morning! And we expect a bit more today. Mr Riots was very chivalrous yesterday as I had a hideous migraine but it was a day with about 5 hours when it didn't rain and there was enough wind to do a bit of grass drying - he went out at 4pm and mowed / strimmed the large, hilly lawn that I knew would be a nightmare if left any longer. I'm off to work this morning. Hope to have tomorrow off though - back out on Monday. Trouble with migraine is I know I'll be feeling groggy and slow and a bit out of it for days.
Last edited by rebeccariots2 on Sat 29 Aug, 2015 8:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
yahyah
Prime Minister

Post by yahyah »

LadyCentauria wrote:Good mornterings, m'dears. Here's wishing you all a good day.

Those of us west of Offa's Dyke have learnt to never, ever trust a weather forecast Lady C, particularly when it shows little chance of rain.
Have done a load of washing regardless. Have to live in hope.
utopiandreams
Speaker of the House

Post by utopiandreams »

yahyah wrote:Morning.

Not I, yahyah, perhaps raise my arm, elbow up, thumb over three fingers and wiggling the little one in my ear. Clearing the cobwebs you see.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

yahyah wrote:Morning.

I shouldn't have put myself through it but I watched the thoroughly depressing Newsnight feature on their focus groups in Nuneaton and Croydon.

I'm not liking Nuneaton - have to admit.

There were some 'former' Labour voters in the groups who I felt would never be voting Labour again no matter what. The lady who said she would carry on voting Tory unless David Cameron 'messed up big time'. She seemed very content with her choice ... and many of them seemed pretty unaware of what was going on in politics and who was doing what anyway, so I'm not sure what she will consider messing up big time ... something that actually affects her personally big time presumably.

Most of them liked Tony Blair - they thought he 'connected' with the country.
yahyah
Prime Minister

Post by yahyah »

Charles Moore has a Corbyn piece at the Telegraph.

He tells us his 'Labour friends' tell him ''he will not even be given the chance to lose (a general election): he will either be out before then, or the party will have split. The Tories will win.''
Those are no friends of Labour, that's for sure.

He calls Corbyn 'The Bearded Bourbon of Bolshevism' & ends it chuntering about militants.

The most disturbing thing is he calls Cameron & Osborne's crew ''moderate and sane government''.
That's a lie that Labour right wingers have helped establish by pushing the centre ever further rightwards.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politic ... risis.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
yahyah
Prime Minister

Post by yahyah »

When do you think you'll vote RR ? If at all.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

BBC Newsnight ‏@BBCNewsnight 45m45 minutes ago
Watch our in-depth focus groups with former Labour voters. What do THEY think of the #Labourleadership rivals? http://bbc.in/1KiHvkb" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
yahyah
Prime Minister

Post by yahyah »

rebeccariots2 wrote:
BBC Newsnight ‏@BBCNewsnight 45m45 minutes ago
Watch our in-depth focus groups with former Labour voters. What do THEY think of the #Labourleadership rivals? http://bbc.in/1KiHvkb" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I wish I could trust Newsnight, or the BBC, but these days it is hard to see them as agenda free.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

yahyah wrote:When do you think you'll vote RR ? If at all.
In the next 7 days or so. I will vote - I'm not an abstainer by nature.

My heart sinks daily at the thought of what is in store for wildlife under the Tories.

The continuation of the badger killing in Somerset and Glos was expected. But the consultation proposals for future culling basically throw away any pretence of a scientific basis - they can extend the culling period to as long as they like - when they like - reduces the amount of land required to be involved ... etc. It's basically getting rid of the Protection of Badgers Act by the side door. And will do nothing to reduce bTB - probably will lead to its increase either through badger dispersal - and / or through allowing the focus to be taken off cattle measure, yet again.

Brian May - please get the judicial review going quickly.

I don't see the people of Nuneaton (in general) being particularly concerned about such things - but I despair.
utopiandreams
Speaker of the House

Post by utopiandreams »

@LadyCentauria

Just an idle thought after 'really take the biscuit'. Oh no, not another one! Some years back when the kids were young Weetabix had a promotion with Raleigh Cycles with bikes to be won. Great I'll have a go at that, the kids could do with new bikes (obviously I didn't expect enough for all of them, but one is a start). I came up with 'Raleigh takes the biscuit'. Of course that didn't win having quite the opposite connotation.

However (I'm sorry Lord Chancellor I see nothing wrong with a new paragraph beginning this way) 'Pick quick electric' did gain my first wife to be and myself a brand new cooker. We'd just purchased one from a MANWEB shop very late in the afternoon when the shop assistant gave us some competition leaflet saying it was the last day of the promotion so we had to do it there and then. Of course we were over the moon to have won a full refund but I was disappointed when the promotional jingle they used in their adverts soon after didn't measure up. That's my vanity speaking of course. 'And now I am shutting up, for a while at least... I never quite seem to be able to contain myself. My lads, the younger in particular hates going anywhere with me.

Very late edit: corrected ManWeb to uppercase. I believe it stood for Manchester and North West Electricity Board.
Last edited by utopiandreams on Sat 29 Aug, 2015 12:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
utopiandreams
Speaker of the House

Post by utopiandreams »

@rebeccariots2

I have a story about Nuneaton, rr2, well driving to and from the station that is, but you really don't want to know, besides packages to a Kuwaiti or Qatari bank in London in the dead of night may be more interesting. I really shall shut up now... possibly straying into dangerous territory.
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

yahyah wrote: That's a lie that Labour right wingers have helped establish by pushing the centre ever further rightwards.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politic ... risis.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Indeed, pragmatism (which I supported at the time) has made Labour a part of the problem.
LET'S FACE IT I'M JUST 'KIN' SEETHIN'
LadyCentauria
Speaker of the House
Location: Set within 3,500 acres of leafy public land in SW London

Post by LadyCentauria »

The Newnight focus groups of former-Labour-voters from Nuneaton and Croydon made for depressing viewing – or some sort of cross between tearing your hair out and banging your head against a brick wall, at any rate. But did anyone brave last night's Any Questions? Should I brave the repeat and Any Answers, later today?
This time, I'm gonna be stronger I'm not giving in...
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Post by AnatolyKasparov »

Focus groups once arguably had a purpose. They are now used amost exclusively to push a preconcieved agenda.

Is it correct they only asked about two of the candidates btw? I was under the impression four people were standing for some odd reason.......
"IS TONTY BLAIR BEHIND THIS???!!!!111???!!!"
utopiandreams
Speaker of the House

Post by utopiandreams »

@rebeccariots2

I did show that short film by Eric Ashby to my daughter and granddaughter last week, rr2. When I asked my granddaughter whether she liked badgers beforehand she said no. Having watched the film she had of course changed her mind. She's added badger grunts to her lexicon now. As for my daughter it was filmed immediately around where my parents used to live... so that was nice.

I'll leave you in peace now, with perhaps one more observation prompted by placing one's thumb over the fingers. I'm falling into the parent trap that you must never sink into. Is it permissible for a grandparent? Little one is pretty good at counting but I've been showing her how to do so with your fingers. I don't mean counting them one at a time so much as holding them up behind your thumb and releasing them. It's quite amusing seeing her struggle to achieve the required dexterity, but she is certainly trying her best bless her.

Postscript: I cannot begin to express my anger over this especially as it was only a few days earlier that the Derbyshire Wildlife Trust had released some of its vaccination findings. The cull that is.
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

British Social Attitudes Report 2015 wrote:Growth in disconnection not reversed

Long-term trends towards greater voter disconnection have not been reversed during the Coalition’s time in office, though our interest in politics is undiminished.

Only 17% trust governments most of the time, just as only 16% did in 2009, but far less than the 38% who did in 1986.
Fifty-seven per cent believe they have a duty to vote, in line with the 58% who did so in 2009, but down from 76% in 1987.
Thirty-two per cent say they have “quite a lot” or “a great deal” of interest in politics, similar levels to 1986, when 29% expressed this view.
Came out a bit ago but thought it was pertinent anyway.
http://www.bsa.natcen.ac.uk/latest-repo ... itics.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
LET'S FACE IT I'M JUST 'KIN' SEETHIN'
utopiandreams
Speaker of the House

Post by utopiandreams »

On a completely separate note and bear in mind I've been pottering about and haven't caught any news yet but I was pondering on the right to be forgotten on the internet. I have to say that I used to be slightly ambivalent because despite youthful indiscretions that were rather forgotten, it is less likely for youth today. Once it is out there it generally remains.

However there are also pederasts, embezzlers and whatever other real criminals you care to think of that should never be hidden from view. Unfortunately it is the latter that seem the most protected by privacy law. They always have been without absolute proof and their tendency to circle the wagons, not to mention dragging their accusers through the courts for crippling damages.

So accepting that youthful indiscretions and foolhardiness are more likely to remain in the public domain, I can only hope that society at large becomes a far more tolerant and forgiving place, nevertheless we cannot let the real bastards wipe their slates clean.
SpinningHugo
Prime Minister

Post by SpinningHugo »

Have you had your Corbyn moment?

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/201 ... t-christie" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I have. It was in 1981. Took me a while to see why I was wrong.
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

I can precisely date when I realised I was not "hard left" and never would be - Sunday 27th September, 1981.

The result of the Labour deputy leadership election was announced, and it gradually dawned on me I was actually relieved Benn hadn't won.

I had just turned 15.
utopiandreams
Speaker of the House

Post by utopiandreams »

On yet another note there was a somewhat gentle knock at the door earlier that I had hoped was the downstairs neighbour, no such luck. I keep an eye out so I can 'bump into' her and offer whatever support I can, assuming she wants any of course; entirely her choice. I'd feel a little awkward knocking on her door myself, not knowing her and all.

Anyway it was postie delivering new belts and pipe for the vacuum so it is rather noisy here, but what has stopped me momentarily is tortoise. Unlike other animals, dogs, cats and the like, he follows the cleaner around making it rather awkward so I'll have to put him in his tank, that is what it's called isn't it?
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

Teenage gender pay gap shock: Young female income plummets '33 times faster' than males

BRITAIN faces a generation of widening inequality after it was revealed that the gender pay gap sets in at just 16 years of age

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/601544 ... come-males
We have to get through to our youngsters that it's not their fault...We have to get them interested in politics. And having got them interested, to vote in order to have a future.
We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office. – Aesop
Tubby Isaacs
Prime Minister

Post by Tubby Isaacs »

There's a poster on Cif who looks like he knows a fair bit about PFI. I'll reproduce a couple of posts here.
Treasury Stock in say 2002 was issued at over 6% and most current PFI have current interest rates (least the ones I've seen) of around 6 to 7% - so the differential at the time against govt borrowing was less - (many PFIs would have had a majority of its debt at slightly higher rates - esp during the construction phase) Its now able to issue loing term bonds at 2% and so there is leeway to cut the cost of PFI borrowing if debt is bought out

PFI was market rate - not some puffed up rate - and market risk money is more expensive than Govt debt - the supposed risk transfer eas in cost, overrun and the risk of the cost of maintaining and repairing buildings over 25 years - which was tbh a real risk. It was not VFM - it was expedient
its been on balance sheet since at least 2006

there are no Health authorities anymore

PFI problems in the NHS are easily sorted by making it a central cost - its about 3% of total budget. The problem is the internal market which distorts local economics

The additional cost of PFI is considerable in terms of £'s but not in terms of budget percentages
a) all PFI contract have clauses about refinancing
b) ay contract can be bought out
c) the money is easy - if you are paying say 6-7% on PFI borrowing and there is lower cost option (i.e. Govt) debt - then if buying out with Govt borrowing ends up with a lower cost to the Govt year on year - then its a good deal
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

ohsocynical wrote:
Teenage gender pay gap shock: Young female income plummets '33 times faster' than males

BRITAIN faces a generation of widening inequality after it was revealed that the gender pay gap sets in at just 16 years of age

We have to get through to our youngsters that it's not their fault...We have to get them interested in politics. And having got them interested, to vote in order to have a future.
I heard David Willetts (yes him) on Radio 4 earlier imparting some of that famous wisdom of his. He thinks we shouldn't worry if employers decide to employ under 25s in preference to older workers once the new minimum wage comes in just for over 25s. He says it will help solve some of the youth unemployment.

How clever is that folks? What a master of short termism he is.

What happens when all those young workers they took on because they were cheaper hit 25?
Willow904
Prime Minister

Post by Willow904 »

Hello all.

Apologies for the pants picture yesterday. It wasn't my intention to gross everyone out, I promise! I'll try not to let it happen again.

As for today, there's an article over at the Guardian about the mortality figures with some pretty good comments btl for a change. I just wish there was a way to keep the pressure on the government over this issue. Is there any point at which the media will decide the government has crossed a line, I wonder, and start holding it to account? Or will they keep pretending that it's ok to send someone on chemo back to work, or maybe someone who has been signed off work with a dicky heart because it might kill them. What we have now doesn't look much like a social security system that looks after the sick and disabled anymore if being genuinely ill isn't enough to qualify for help anymore. These criteria clearly have nothing to do with weeding out fraudulent claims, so on what basis are the government justifying this? We can't afford sickness benefits? I'm not sure that's going to wash when they're throwing money around for tax cuts like confetti. I suppose the upshot to this post is that basically modern journalism makes me sick. I honestly don't know how any self-respecting political journalist can sleep at night, I really can't. The odd article here and there just isn't enough and they shouldn't be allowed to get away with the odd one to salve their consciences. They're all guilty of turning a blind eye. If I can see how bad things have got in IDS world then there's no way they can't, but unlike me they have the power to do something about it. Gutless wonders the lot of them. Anyway, here's the link, but if you do go and look I wouldn't stay too long or you might end up really cranky for the rest of the day like me!

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfre ... t-58412053" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"Fall seven times, get up eight" - Japanese proverb
Tubby Isaacs
Prime Minister

Post by Tubby Isaacs »

rebeccariots2 wrote:
ohsocynical wrote:

I heard David Willetts (yes him) on Radio 4 earlier imparting some of that famous wisdom of his. He thinks we shouldn't worry if employers decide to employ under 25s in preference to older workers once the new minimum wage comes in just for over 25s. He says it will help solve some of the youth unemployment.

What happens when all those young workers they took on because they were cheaper hit 25?
What happens when older workers lose their jobs, perhaps the whole industry barely existing any more? They're back to being like under 25s again. Who's going to pay them £9 an hour in their new jobs?

Actually- the answer to all this is obvious- "apprenticeships".
Tubby Isaacs
Prime Minister

Post by Tubby Isaacs »

Politicians who dally with anti-Semitism.

er... Boris Johnson.

http://www.mayorwatch.co.uk/cable-car-s ... 201326225/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Israeli firms not allowed to bid for Emirate Cable Car contracts in 2011.
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

rebeccariots2 wrote:
ohsocynical wrote:

Simples. They don't know, don't want to know, and don't care.
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

Raining :( :( :(
utopiandreams
Speaker of the House

Post by utopiandreams »

@Tubby Isaacs

Thanks for that, Tubby. I tried to look at Treasury data some time back but couldn't sort it out, PFI projects seemed to be mixed in with other capital expenditure, which I found annoying, or maybe it was projects across all departments when I only wanted NHS. Whatever, I was particularly annoyed with Osborne for clawing back NHS underspends in the first two years of the last government when some hospital trusts were in deficit largely because of PFI. Crazy doesn't begin to describe it, unless you don't want to deliver a satisfactory service.

I think the internal market was introduced during Major's premiership (?) but allowed to develop under Blair.

Do you have the poster's moniker by any chance? It may be worth looking at their profile.

Postscript: on second thoughts I think it were Major as a secretary of state who introduced it under Maggie's premiership. I may be wrong but if I were arguing with someone on Cif I'd obviously check my facts.
Last edited by utopiandreams on Sat 29 Aug, 2015 3:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tubby Isaacs
Prime Minister

Post by Tubby Isaacs »

utopiandreams wrote:@Tubby Isaacs

Thanks for that, Tubby. I tried to look at Treasury data some time back but couldn't sort it out, PFI projects seemed to be mixed in with other capital expenditure, which I found annoying, or maybe it was projects across all departments when I only wanted NHS. Whatever, I was particularly annoyed with Osborne for clawing back NHS underspends in the first two years of the last government when some hospital trusts were in deficit largely because of PFI. Crazy doesn't begin to describe it, unless you don't want to deliver a satisfactory service.

I think the internal market was introduced during Major's premiership (?) but allowed to develop under Blair.

Do you have the poster's moniker by any chance? It may be worth looking at their profile.
It's only some bloke off the internet I'm quoting, but sounds like he knows what he's talking about.

That underspend was incredible, wasn't it? Money could have been used to sort out some of the most urgent PFIs. The Treasury was borrowing incredibly cheaply then.

To be fair to Osborne/Hunt, they have on occasions paid towards PFI costs from the central pot- this gets referred to as "bailouts", but it's what should happen more often.

This is the poster

https://profile.theguardian.com/user/id/3962422" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
gilsey
Prime Minister

Post by gilsey »

Hospital trusts can't really be in deficit because of PFI, it's a fixed cost and probably the first line that goes in to the budget, they can and do overspend on other things, but not PFI.

PFI should be a central cost, not on local budgets at all, agreed. Not as if the local trust chose the funding method.

Back in the day when I did a bit of public sector auditing, unsurprisingly approx half the trusts would be in deficit and half in surplus at the year end, the regional authority then juggled the money about to make them balance. Any headline saying half of trusts are running a deficit needs to be taken with a pinch of salt - unfortunately it's probably over 75% now.
Last edited by gilsey on Sat 29 Aug, 2015 3:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
One world, like it or not - John Martyn
utopiandreams
Speaker of the House

Post by utopiandreams »

Confession time. When I was depressed I would get extremely agitated, but not for myself but for the attacks on those worse off than myself. So angry was I that I had murderous intent toward IDS and Cameron. Seriously had I come face to face with either of them there really was no telling what may have happened. Indeed I was so infuriated and shaking with rage at the very thought of them that it once took me a whole afternoon retracting such things to avoid being hospitalised as a grave risk to the public. It's good to know that IDS and Fat Dave were adequately protected, not that they think likewise toward others.

It was around this time that I commented in the G that they deserved assassination but not the ensuing martyrdom. The media would certainly portray it as such at the hands of a crazy man. I don't remember whether i mentioned the crazy bit but was surprised the comment stood and wasn't moderated.

Martyrs to their cause or not, they certainly deserve their comeuppance. I have since added Osborne to my list (not hit list you understand) of culpable parties after learning that it is he that demands the extra £12bn cut.
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

This doesn't sound quite as improbable as it once did... :D

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/matt/
utopiandreams
Speaker of the House

Post by utopiandreams »

Out of interest I've looked up the assassination comment. My mistake it wasn't IDS and Cameron. Sorry Toby I'm half guessing the IDS bit particularly caught your attention. It was in response to 'Health reforms could damage NHS, warns draft risk register' (http://www.theguardian.com/politics/201 ... k-register). It seems even the draft is not available anymore (http://t.co/YNyXxooD" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;).

Perhaps the Guardian could approach Carl Vincent, Deputy Director of Commercial Operations at Department of Health for a comment since he appears to be named in the document.

Having said that this document does indeed seem to be an extremely early and limited draft. However, I note very few, if any, mitigating actions seem to have been addressed since.

My own feelings on this were that Cameron and Lansley deserved assassination and that I would be up for it, but then realised that was far more than they deserved as they would become martyrs to their cause. I still can't help feeling that criminal acts have been performed and that they should be hauled before the courts and made to pay for their treason... and repeal of the bill of course.
Edit: I removed the url tags from the register address but they still look active.
Postscript: yes I recall that I was getting increasingly incensed during its passage through the House and also realising that my LibDem affair was well and truly over. They'd left me you see, rather than the other way around.
Last edited by utopiandreams on Sat 29 Aug, 2015 5:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
utopiandreams
Speaker of the House

Post by utopiandreams »

It seems Chris Bryant is none too pleased and who can blame him?

Return of Rebekah Brooks is 'two fingers up to British public' – shadow minister (http://www.theguardian.com/media/2015/a ... rt-murdoch)
yahyah
Prime Minister

Post by yahyah »

The BBC reported that she had been given a £10.8m payoff and now she's back.

She must have Murdoch's cojones hanging in a bag round her neck.
utopiandreams
Speaker of the House

Post by utopiandreams »

yahyah wrote:The BBC reported that she had been given a £10.8m payoff and now she's back.

Ugh, one does wonder whether she's had her hands on them, yahyah.
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

yahyah
Prime Minister

Post by yahyah »

Two gallons of mind bleach and a big scrubbing brush needed Utopian !
Last edited by yahyah on Sat 29 Aug, 2015 5:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

utopiandreams wrote:
yahyah wrote:The BBC reported that she had been given a £10.8m payoff and now she's back.

An old man's fancy. It drives all common sense out of the window.
yahyah
Prime Minister

Post by yahyah »

Rather comical to hear that Harvey Proctor, who was so right wing on immigration and was part of the revolting rump of the Tory party that talked of repatriation, is threatening to move abroad.

The cynical amongst us may wonder if he plans to go to a country without an extradition treaty.
He just says 'the Continent'.
utopiandreams
Speaker of the House

Post by utopiandreams »

@yahyah

Duly scrubbed, yahyah, but has anyone noticed the family resemblance? I jest of course, but you know what is said of that?
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

yahyah wrote:Rather comical to hear that Harvey Proctor, who was so right wing on immigration and was part of the revolting rump of the Tory party that talked of repatriation, is threatening to move abroad.

The cynical amongst us may wonder if he plans to go to a country without an extradition treaty.
He just says 'the Continent'.
There's always Belarus tbf, though I don't think they are too keen on Teh Gayz.....
danesclose
Whip

Post by danesclose »

utopiandreams wrote:

Around the time that the Brooks - Coulson affair first came to light (think it was the Mail reckoned she had had an affair with someone with the initials "AC" and many thought it might have been Cameron's elder brother Alexander), an Irish website I read whilst over there claimed that she had had the affair with Coulson, and that she had apparently slept with Murdoch pere et fils
Proud to be part of The Indecent Minority.
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

Off topic but a lovely read for the weekend. :D

http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/com ... 75276.html
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

NORBET ‏@NORBET 34 mins34 minutes ago

Jeremy #Corbyn will have to learn Blairite lessons if I'm deputy, says Caroline #Flint http://ln.is/www.theguardian.com/fVmHY" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; … #LabourLeadership #Labour