Wednesday 28th October 2015

A home from home
Forum rules
Welcome to FTN. New posters are welcome to join the conversation. You can follow us on Twitter @FlythenestHaven You are responsible for the content you post. This is a public forum. Treat it as if you are speaking in a crowded room. Site admin and Moderators are volunteers who will respond as quickly as they are able to when made aware of any complaints. Please do not post copyrighted material without the original authors permission.
refitman
Site Admin

Wednesday 28th October 2015

Post by refitman »

Morning all.
StephenDolan
First Secretary of State

Re: Wednesday 28th October 2015

Post by StephenDolan »

Morning all.

Glad to see Victorian era values are on the way back. Sorry, did I say values? I meant diseases.
http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style ... 11236.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Morning.
Michael Savage ‏@michaelsavage 14m14 minutes ago
Osborne will be delighted #bbcr4today debating Lords reform and not whether he will yet again alter his deficit reduction plans.
Well quite. But the Labour peer (woman, not sure who it was) was excellent and wiped the studio floor with oily Michael Howard (is that really who the Tories think will be a good spokesperson for them?). Just for once Jim Naughtie also seemed to get the most salient points across - i.e. that the Lords had behaved entirely within their remit and the Tories had used a statutory instrument which is unamendable rather than a finance bill which would have been passed by the HoC and can't be touched by the Lords. Their call. I hadn't realised before this discussion that the original tax credits measures were part of a Social Security bill in 2002 - not a finance bill - and therefore the statutory instrument, which is secondary legislation, wasn't even subsidiary / relating to a finance measure. The Labour peer also pointed out that the Lords had not applied a fatal motion - they hadn't blocked the measure - they had done what they are supposed to do which is ask the govt to think again.

But the point of this tweet is right - it's annoying if Osborne is going to be let off the hook for his awful judgement and the lies before and after the election by the Lords squirrel. Mind you ... he's still got to announce his 'softening' measures in the Autumn statement. Hope we get the proper amount of attention on those.
Working on the wild side.
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

Good morfternoon.
Cameron tells anti-EU campaigners: 'Norway option' won't work for Britain

Prime minister will use summit in Iceland to challenge the Leave campaign’s claim that Britain could negotiate a semi-detached relationship with EU

David Cameron is to signal his determination to maintain Britain’s membership of the EU by issuing a direct challenge to anti-EU campaigners who claim the UK could negotiate a semi-detached relationship with Brussels.

Amid growing fear among pro-EU Tories that the Leave campaign is making most of the running in the EU debate, Cameron will say he sees little future for Britain alongside European countries that have opted out of the EU.
(Guardian)
Oh, dear. Things getting a bit out of control are they, Dave?

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/201 ... ampaigners" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Edited for link
Last edited by refitman on Wed 28 Oct, 2015 8:42 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Admin: link fixed
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Patrick Wintour ‏@patrickwintour 15m15 minutes ago
IDS at work and pensions sel comm today and he needs to explain what tax credits cuts do to work incentives in Universal Credit. Big problem
Yes it is. They pretty much take the floor out from underneath UC - what there was left of any floor.

But IDS may not even be bright enough to understand that. Osborne certainly might have been bargaining on that (he's on record saying IDS ain't very clever is he not?). I'm expecting a lot of 'I believe'ism today.
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

Sorry - don't know what I'm doing, or not doing, but the link refuses to work.
TobyLatimer
Chief Whip

Post by TobyLatimer »

PorFavor wrote:Sorry - don't know what I'm doing, or not doing, but the link refuses to work.

Here you go ;)

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/201 ... ampaigners" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
StephenDolan
First Secretary of State

Post by StephenDolan »

A decent interview with Heidi Alexander.

Heidi Alexander v Jeremy Hunt, round two

http://gu.com/p/4djmv" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
TobyLatimer
Chief Whip

Post by TobyLatimer »

Morning all btw. Very limited for time on 't'internet again today. I was hearing earlier that Fat Dave was going to a summit in Iceland today, does he miss pee em queues (sic) again ? Is it Tom Watson to the helm ?
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

@TobyLatimer

Thank you!
TobyLatimer
Chief Whip

Post by TobyLatimer »

No problem Porf, your link was missing the 'http//www' prefix bit
TobyLatimer
Chief Whip

Post by TobyLatimer »

Found this on my twitter this morning. History repeating.
CSXk5AqWUAAHSkJ.jpg
CSXk5AqWUAAHSkJ.jpg (57.22 KiB) Viewed 11309 times
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

@refitman

And thank you!
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Tory MPs Believe Osborne Got It Wrong.jpg
Tory MPs Believe Osborne Got It Wrong.jpg (34.3 KiB) Viewed 11299 times
Sam Coates Times ‏@SamCoatesTimes 6m6 minutes ago Lewisham, London
This on Red Box is an extended version of my piece for the paper http://www.thetimes.co.uk/redbox/topic/ ... tics-wrong" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; …
Anyone get the Red Box emails?
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Andy Burnham ‏@andyburnhammp 2m2 minutes ago
After tax credits, the next casualty of @George_Osborne's knife: bobbies on the beat. People didn't vote for this. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-34651119?o ... ce=twitter" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; …
Do you remember Cameron insisting front line services would be protected - way back when?
yahyah
Prime Minister

Post by yahyah »

A whole new generation will be learning the bitter lesson, never trust the Tories.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

yahyah wrote:A whole new generation will be learning the bitter lesson, never trust the Tories.
I certainly hope they are learning that. And I also hope they are registered and prepared to vote according to that lesson.
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

I get the Radio Times - habit, sentimentality, whatever (it's crap these days, has been for years and getting worse but it's the only print version radio guide there seems to be going). Who owns the Radio Times, these days? Anyway -

In the edition which is current for next week's programming, there's an interview with Diana Rigg which I read out of boredom. Most of it is devoted to her saying how much she dislikes Jeremy Corbyn. That's entertainment! I think I'll stop buying the publication. As I've already said, it's rubbish these days, in any case. Like a very slightly upmarket "Hello" magazine, I imagine.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

http://www.parliamentlive.tv/Event/Inde ... a53dd10bdd" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Coverage of W&P Select Committe for those interested

"Everybody is wrong but me"
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

Benefit advisers could be installed in food banks, Duncan Smith tells MPs (Politics Live, Guardian)
Why - when, we're told, there's no connection between foodbanks and benefits (or the lack thereof)?

Edited

Brackets
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

PorFavor wrote:
Benefit advisers could be installed in food banks, Duncan Smith tells MPs (Politics Live, Guardian)
Why - when, we're told, there's no connection between foodbanks and benefits (or the lack thereof)?

Edited

Brackets
They'll probably be there to lecture the recipients on why they shouldn't need to rely on food banks - go over their terrible shopping habits and lack of budgeting skills and other 'troubled' family characteristics. And then apply an immediate sanction of sorts. Sorry, I'm being sarky but they'll be there to prove a point for IDS no doubt.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Nick Timothy ‏@NickJTimothy 2h2 hours ago
Shameful briefing against Tina Stowell & John Taylor: http://www.sunnation.co.uk/pm-under-pre ... ageandlink" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; …. You can recognise the perpetrator's voice in the quotes, too.
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

Post by RogerOThornhill »

rebeccariots2 wrote:
Shameful briefing against Tina Stowell & John Taylor: http://www.sunnation.co.uk/pm-under-pre ... ageandlink" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; …. You can recognise the perpetrator's voice in the quotes, too.

1. The Tories don't have a majority in the Lords
2. It was the MPs that cocked this one up.

So, yes, you can see why the Tory peers are to blame for this...

Incidentally, that's the Nick Timothy who is the CEO of the independent charity (sic) New Schools Network who are busily pushing out propaganda on behalf of the DfE and briefing against Ofsted.

Warwick Mansell is trying to get some base data out of them for their last bit of rubbish...and not getting very far.
If I'm not here, then I'll be in the library. Or the other library.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

MsChin makes a good point re the benefit advisors in food banks BTL on the G blog. She asks benefit advisors employed by who? Charities and advice agencies are struggling to meet demand for their services and don't have enough funding / resources. The DWP is shedding staff - and also pretty lousy at providing services in some areas. So who is going to be installed and who is going to be paying for them?
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

RogerOThornhill wrote:
rebeccariots2 wrote:

Incidentally, that's the Nick Timothy who is the CEO of the independent charity (sic) New Schools Network who are busily pushing out propaganda on behalf of the DfE and briefing against Ofsted.

Warwick Mansell is trying to get some base data out of them for their last bit of rubbish...and not getting very far.
Did you recognise the perpetrator's voice though Roger? I thought it might be Osborne himself or Gove?
seeingclearly
Speaker of the House

Post by seeingclearly »

As long as I can remember in terms of IDS and this government this little toe rag of a man has been claiming that there are 750,000 jobs on offer at the Jobcentres. I'd like to see th evidence that these exist put before the people who head up these committees, because in four years of diligently applying to the very few jobs on UJM my young person never got a single reply, and not a nibble or a referral to any other agency except one JCP referral to an extremely rundown community centre with technology that dated back to the 90s. If I recounted his experiences there you would not believe it possible anyone could be referred to such a place or even that it existed and continued to revive funding. But that was over three years ago. So these job listings. He says most are out of date some by a matter of years, many are inappropriate, many are not jobs but agency ads wanting people to sign up with them, some have contact details that are unusable, such as phone numbers that don't work email contacts that get returned. Others are generalised ads calling for zero hours workers, there are no specific jobs attached to these. Then there is military recruitment...... (While armed forces are facing cutbacks....???)

Why aren't these committees and so on asking the right questions, such as what does 'rolled out to 60 of Jobcentres' mean..... And why do they allow him the support of his yes man sidekick?

And I'm currently freaking out at the thought of JCP advisors in food banks.

Oh, sorry meant to say good morning all, lovely people. Forgive my expostulations, I'm all out of hope that there's any decency left to this government. Is it true that Cameron will not be taking questions today? Sparrow has him listed....

Edited to correct autocorrect, nibble to bible and back again.
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

rebeccariots2 wrote:
RogerOThornhill wrote:
rebeccariots2 wrote:

Did you recognise the perpetrator's voice though Roger? I thought it might be Osborne himself or Gove?
I personally can't but then Nick Timothy was Theresa May's SpAd so is an insider. Probably someone inside No 10.
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

rebeccariots2 wrote:MsChin makes a good point re the benefit advisors in food banks BTL on the G blog. She asks benefit advisors employed by who? Charities and advice agencies are struggling to meet demand for their services and don't have enough funding / resources. The DWP is shedding staff - and also pretty lousy at providing services in some areas. So who is going to be installed and who is going to be paying for them?
I know...The laid off DWP staff will be put into food banks via Workfare placement...Win, win.
We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office. – Aesop
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

seeingclearly wrote:As long as I can remember in terms of IDS and this government this little toe rag of a man has been claiming that there are 750,000 jobs on offer at the Jobcentres. I'd like to see th evidence that these exist put before the people who head up these committees, because in four years of diligently applying to the very few jobs on UJM my young person never got a single reply, and not a nibble or a referral to any other agency except one JCP referral to an extremely rundown community centre with technology that dated back to the 90s. If I recounted his experiences there you would not believe it possible anyone could be referred to such a place or even that it existed and continued to revive funding. But that was over three years ago. So these job listings. He says most are out of date some by a matter of years, many are inappropriate, many are not jobs but agency ads wanting people to sign up with them, some have contact details that are unusable, such as phone numbers that don't work email contacts that get returned. Others are generalised ads calling for zero hours workers, there are no specific jobs attached to these. Then there is military recruitment...... (While armed forces are facing cutbacks....???)

Why aren't these committees and so on asking the right questions, such as what does 'rolled out to 60 of Jobcentres' mean..... And why do they allow him the support of his yes man sidekick?

And I'm currently freaking out at the thought of JCP advisors in food banks.

Oh, sorry meant to say good morning all, lovely people. Forgive my expostulations, I'm all out of hope that there's any decency left to this government. Is it true that Cameron will not be taking questions today? Sparrow has him listed....

Edited to correct autocorrect, nibble to bible and back again.

Ha! I've been puzzling over what you really meant for a while, now. I couldn't come up with a word that even came close to "bible". All is now clear.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

ohsocynical wrote:
rebeccariots2 wrote:MsChin makes a good point re the benefit advisors in food banks BTL on the G blog. She asks benefit advisors employed by who? Charities and advice agencies are struggling to meet demand for their services and don't have enough funding / resources. The DWP is shedding staff - and also pretty lousy at providing services in some areas. So who is going to be installed and who is going to be paying for them?
I know...The laid off DWP staff will be put into food banks via Workfare placement...Win, win.
Don't Ohso ... you are probably so right. Hideous. And those same redundant staff may well have to use the food banks themselves.
seeingclearly
Speaker of the House

Post by seeingclearly »

It's what they will be paid to do that worries me. If people in work are having to resort to food banks, and they do, then what use are JCP advisors? Likewise if you are sanctioned. There is already a route that relates to this, and as was pointed out last week here, some utterly inadequate funds that are better than nothing but not enough to sustain a human living in today's UK.

If they were talking about finding independent advisors who could actually access real resources I'd have some support for the idea, but this is a sticking plaster on a festering sore, and will make food bank users feel watched not supported. The careful local work done by local people who have built up trust with their users will go. How about tackling the causes of food banks instead, though Cameron has reportedly said that is not possible. Of course it is, they are daily by their policies creating new poverty.
gilsey
Prime Minister

Post by gilsey »

From AS blog.
Robert Devereux, the permament secretary at the Department for Work and Pensions, is giving evidence with Duncan Smith. He says this is happening at a food bank at Manchester. Two advisers, Nicola and Tracy, are there one day a week. There is also a phone line. They have been able to sort out people’s problems, he says. For example, one person said he was not getting benefit because he did not have evidence of his illness. But he had a note when he arrived at the food banks. The advisers made a call, and his payments were restored.
One world, like it or not - John Martyn
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

5.jpg
5.jpg (100.46 KiB) Viewed 11170 times
We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office. – Aesop
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

Interesting. I've just seen the list of who's on for next week's Edu Select Committee about Regional Commissioners.
Witness(es):
Dr Tim Coulson, Regional Schools Commissioner (East of England & North East London), Department for Education
Dominic Herrington, Regional Schools Commissioner (South East and South London), Department for Education
Martin Post, Regional Schools Commissioner (South Central & North West London), Department for Education
Munira Mirza, Deputy Mayor for Education and Culture, Greater London Authority
Sean Harford, National Director for Education, Ofsted
Robert Hill, Education consultant, and Visiting Senior Research Fellow, Kings College London
Ben Durbin, Head of Impact, National Foundation for Education Research
Frank Green CBE, Schools Commissioner, Department for Education
Wonder how she got an invite - unless she's putting a case for all London schools to be overseen by the Mayor of London. It's split into two sessions so she'll be on with the other RSCs.

She's an ex Policy Exchange wonk but then you could have guessed that already seeing as they seem to control everything in edu matters these days.

As far as i can see she didn't submit written evidence unlike Robert Hill who is very sceptical about the current system

Frank Green's only function seems to be turning schools into academies. Wasn't impressive the last time he showed up.
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

Jonathon Hawkes @CllrJonHawkes

The Conservatives now admitting they think food banks are part of the welfare system. Here to stay under the Tories http://www.theguardian.com/politics/blo ... itics-live" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; …
10:57 AM - 28 Oct 2015 (Politics Live, Guardian)
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

Definately missing Glenda Jackson
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

STOP LYING ABOUT ESA
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Post by AnatolyKasparov »

HindleA wrote:Definately missing Glenda Jackson
Somebody really should ask her about Dan........
"IS TONTY BLAIR BEHIND THIS???!!!!111???!!!"
seeingclearly
Speaker of the House

Post by seeingclearly »

gilsey wrote:From AS blog.
Robert Devereux, the permament secretary at the Department for Work and Pensions, is giving evidence with Duncan Smith. He says this is happening at a food bank at Manchester. Two advisers, Nicola and Tracy, are there one day a week. There is also a phone line. They have been able to sort out people’s problems, he says. For example, one person said he was not getting benefit because he did not have evidence of his illness. But he had a note when he arrived at the food banks. The advisers made a call, and his payments were restored.
So he was refused benefit and put through all that to the point of needing a food bank, and there got help? Surely the help was needed when he went to his jobcentre, not at the food bank? Jobcentres are said to be no longer making such referrals by note! And basic Jobseeker's is not subject to evidence of sickness, so if he was refused it he was likely visibly ill? And should have been advised at that point on how to apply for relevant benefits. And the last bit, 'his payments were restored' ..... Sorry, but none of that story really adds up unless you predicate that the Jobcentre had sanctioned him, or he had his payments arbitrarily halted, which believe me happens more than you'd think.. So it needs fixing at the initial pint of contact, not when he's trying to find food. . As I said, it's a sticking plaster, he should never have been left unsupported in the first place. I've watched IDS and Deveraux a few times, they make a plausible double act, and will convince anyone with zero experience of poverty at first hand, and if I sound argumentative on this its because I am. These are the same people who invented claimants and presented them as real life cases. And spent a vast sum of money on a brainwashing non existent bit of crap called Workie. Disabled people have watched this kind of charade and know it for what it is. Then the next measure happens anyway, and things get worse. That's the pattern they see, replicated up and down the country, again and again. Nicola and Tracy don't even begin to redress the problem, though they might get IDS of the hook. I refer you to similar examples he has given in the past re UC. and the reality that many of the early participants requested a return to the ordinary system, because the much vaunted UC failed them and left their lives in a mess.
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

seeingclearly wrote:
. And spent a vast sum of money on a brainwashing non existent bit of crap called Workie.

Craig Mackinlay, a Conservative, says he is very worried about the impact of auto-enrolment in company pensions for small employers. Small companies are very worried about this, he says. Some will just get rid of staff rather than bother with this.

Duncan Smith says he understands the “fear” this arouses. The DWP is running an advertising campaign trying to explain how the new rules will work.

The new pensions minister, Ross[sic] Altmann, is very interested in this, he says. (Politics Live, Guardian - my bold)
The explanation bit must have been too complicated for me to take in. Or it wasn't there. Has Iain Smith seen this monumentally intelligence-insulting piece of money-wasting rubbish?
StephenDolan
First Secretary of State

Post by StephenDolan »

Standard mortality figures show that people die anyway, he says.

That's another poster right there.
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

Standard mortality figures show that people die anyway, he[Iain Smith] says.(Politics Live, Guardian)

Well, I never.
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

StephenDolan wrote:Standard mortality figures show that people die anyway, he says.

That's another poster right there.
Whoops! Snap, etc, etc . . .
tinybgoat
Speaker of the House

Post by tinybgoat »

seeingclearly wrote:

Is it true that Cameron will not be taking questions today? Sparrow has him listed....
Think it just said on parliament TV that he'd be answering questions,
(t.b.f may have said taking questions, answering seems a bit much to ask for.
Anyway think he's turning up.)
Willow904
Prime Minister

Post by Willow904 »

PorFavor wrote:I get the Radio Times - habit, sentimentality, whatever (it's crap these days, has been for years and getting worse but it's the only print version radio guide there seems to be going). Who owns the Radio Times, these days? Anyway -

In the edition which is current for next week's programming, there's an interview with Diana Rigg which I read out of boredom. Most of it is devoted to her saying how much she dislikes Jeremy Corbyn. That's entertainment! I think I'll stop buying the publication. As I've already said, it's rubbish these days, in any case. Like a very slightly upmarket "Hello" magazine, I imagine.
Interesting you should mention this, as I almost posted a comment last week about how much I enjoyed the latest edition of the Big Issue. There was an interview with Ben Miller ( of Armstrong and Miller) sayng how much he was enjoying the Jeremy Corbyn phenomenon, an interview with Colin Farrell with a very humble attitude of ' there go I but for the grace of God' and a very punchy editorial from the founder of Big Issue, John Bird, about how he intends to put to good use his rather unexpected new role as a member of the House of Lords. With the Baronet in waiting in the Commons trying to put the poor in their place with his tax credit cuts, it tickled me to think what a reverse we have seen in parliament. As the toffs woke up to the need to dominate the lower chamber to reassert the ascendency of the wealthy elite, the very best of the good and humble have been slowly infiltrating the Lords! In the meantime I'll be kind to the Radio Times and suggest the Diana Rigg interview was just a natural consequence of the pursuit of the bland rather than overt political bias, but I do fear the days when a leftie like Richard Wilson, in his portrayal of Victor Meldrew, can be cherished as a national treasure may well be behind us.

Edited for grammar.
Last edited by Willow904 on Wed 28 Oct, 2015 12:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Fall seven times, get up eight" - Japanese proverb
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

Think you have to go to a park and look for an 8.5 million pound monster,I don't know if replicas are being sent into every park.
TobyLatimer
Chief Whip

Post by TobyLatimer »

Slippery slope;

‘Workhouse’ deal is signed between council and charity

http://voxpoliticalonline.com/2015/10/2 ... d-charity/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
ScreenShot00893.jpg
ScreenShot00893.jpg (61.93 KiB) Viewed 11080 times
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

Willow904 wrote:
PorFavor wrote:I get the Radio Times - habit, sentimentality, whatever (it's crap these days, has been for years and getting worse but it's the only print version radio guide there seems to be going). Who owns the Radio Times, these days? Anyway -

Interesting you should mention this, as I almost posted a comment last week about how much I enjoyed the latest edition of the Big Issue. There was an interview with Ben Miller ( of Armstrong and Miller) sayng how much he was enjoying the Jeremy Corbyn phenomenon, an interview with Colin Farrell with a very humble attitude of ' there go I but for the grace of God) and a very punchy editorial from the founder of Big Issue John Bird about now he intends to put to good use his rather unexpected new role as a member of the House of Lords. With the Baronet in waiting in the Commons trying to put the poor in their place with his tax credit cuts, it tickled me to think what a reverse we have seen in parliament. As the toffs woke up to the need to dominate the lower chamber to reassert the ascendency of the wealthy elite, the very best of the good and humble have been slowly infiltrating the Lords! In the meantime I'll be kind to the Radio Times and suggest the Diana Rigg interview was just a natural consequence of the pursuit of the bland rather than overt political bias, but I do fear the days when a leftie like Richard Wilson, in his portrayal of Victor Meldrew, can be cherished as a national treasure may well be behind us.
Thanks for the response.

I wonder about the political bias, though.

I reproduce the relevant bits from the Radio Times -

"Q Who on TV makes you angry?

A Politicians. Particularly the current Labour leader, who drives me mad.He's one of those well-intentioned men who creates chaos around him. [She then goes on a little bit about politics and political programmes (which she says she likes) in general.

Then

Q What makes you cry at the TV?

A I cry all the time. Remembrance Day in particular. In fact, anything to do with veterans make[sic] me sob. Anybody who can't pay their respects, like the Labour leader, needs his bottom spanking."

I found it a strange "celebrity interview" - but maybe I'm being over-sensitive.

Probably the Radio Times reaches a dwindling and niche audience these days, though.

Edited to add an "e"

And again (for the same reason)
Last edited by PorFavor on Wed 28 Oct, 2015 12:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TobyLatimer
Chief Whip

Post by TobyLatimer »

All this talk of Radio Times has me humming ...

[youtube]FkGnPeBLB2k[/youtube]
TobyLatimer
Chief Whip

Post by TobyLatimer »

Bercow is doing a piss poor job at keeping order today