Saturday 14th & Sunday 15th November 2015

A home from home
Forum rules
Welcome to FTN. New posters are welcome to join the conversation. You can follow us on Twitter @FlythenestHaven You are responsible for the content you post. This is a public forum. Treat it as if you are speaking in a crowded room. Site admin and Moderators are volunteers who will respond as quickly as they are able to when made aware of any complaints. Please do not post copyrighted material without the original authors permission.
Tubby Isaacs
Prime Minister

Re: Saturday 14th & Sunday 15th November 2015

Post by Tubby Isaacs »

I hadn't seen that Corbyn had backed an extra runway at Gatwick.

I'm not sure this works in the way that Heathrow would (environmental caveats aside), as a hub airport, with really good public transport connections. Gatwick's rail line to London has capacity problems around East Croydon. Maybe they can be overcome- I know Corbyn reads Rail magazine.

Gatwick's also a nightmare to get to from most of the country. Heathrow is right by the mainline to the West and HS2.
Tubby Isaacs
Prime Minister

Post by Tubby Isaacs »

If people want to bring their children up within a certain faith/religion, fine; but our schools should be secular, with the tenets of world's great religions taught alongside community studies and ethics generally.

I'd be interested to know what our resident educationalists think about this.
I'm in favour of secularism, but it would be very difficult to bring in quickly. Labour was all over the place on the issue in government, expanding faith schools for their "DNA" but also trying to make them take in more non-religious students. The obvious thing to do in the short term is impose more restrictions on selection by religion in religious schools.

I've thought for a while something like American Civics was needed. It needs to be compulsory, and have a lot of thought put it into it. Inevitably though it would be a sitting duck target for trouble makers all across the spectrum, but it needs doing. Having Gove add "British values" to Ofsted's responsibilities isn't anywhere near good enough.
Tubby Isaacs
Prime Minister

Post by Tubby Isaacs »

rebeccariots2 wrote:
Cathy Newman ‏@cathynewman 5m5 minutes ago
Cathy Newman Retweeted Yannis Koutsomitis
I fear the likes of @marinelepen will go to town on this...

Yannis Koutsomitis
‏@YanniKouts
#Greece PublicOrderMin Toskas confirms Paris attacker w Syrian passport was registered as refugee on Leros island in Oct. /via @AntennaNews
So do I.
Point needs to be made that the scumbags want the FN to win.
Tubby Isaacs
Prime Minister

Post by Tubby Isaacs »

Suggestion that it might not have been the refugee with the passport who carried out the attack. He could have sold his passport or had it stolen.
yahyah
Prime Minister

Post by yahyah »

I was wondering why one of the terrorists would be carrying a passport ?
At least seven of the eight had suicide vests, obviously weren't intending to be heading for a getaway plane.

Would have thought a terrorist would not want too traceable stuff in their possession in order to hamper police investigations.
Tubby Isaacs
Prime Minister

Post by Tubby Isaacs »

It's ID in case he gets stopped in Paris on or on the way there.
yahyah
Prime Minister

Post by yahyah »

Peter Jukes ‏@peterjukes 1m1 minute ago
Another hero: Zouheir - a guard at the Stade de France who stopped the suicide bomber entering the grounds France http://on.wsj.com/1YaUUhB" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Sam Walker ‏@SamWalkers 8m8 minutes ago
WSJ EXCLUSIVE: Suicide bomber at Paris soccer stadium had a ticket, was turned away by security before detonating. http://www.wsj.com/articles/attacker-tr ... 1447520571" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; …

It could have been a lot worse, thankfully some murders were prevented.
Tubby Isaacs
Prime Minister

Post by Tubby Isaacs »

If that's true, they properly bungled the Stade de France attack. Could indeed have been much, much worse.
seeingclearly
Speaker of the House

Post by seeingclearly »

rebeccariots2 wrote:
Cathy Newman ‏@cathynewman 5m5 minutes ago
Cathy Newman Retweeted Yannis Koutsomitis
I fear the likes of @marinelepen will go to town on this...

Yannis Koutsomitis
‏@YanniKouts
#Greece PublicOrderMin Toskas confirms Paris attacker w Syrian passport was registered as refugee on Leros island in Oct. /via @AntennaNews
So do I.
Not just Marine le Pen. Poland has declared it will take no more refugees. It's a matter of time before more follow. It's very cold here today and the weather is foul. I keep thinking of those still on the move or in tents. I wouldn't wish a dog out there, and this is just the start of winter. Terrible how thiis is playing out in the detail and just gets worse.

It's hard being agnostic these days, i keep wanting something to sort it all out.
ephemerid
Speaker of the House

Post by ephemerid »

Thank you, Tubby - I appreciate it.....and the difficulties inherent in implementing it.

I agree - it is something that really should be done.
"Poverty is the worst form of violence" - Mahatma Gandhi
Tubby Isaacs
Prime Minister

Post by Tubby Isaacs »

Poland won't be able to do that. It's the biggest recipient of EU funds.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Mark Urban ‏@MarkUrban01 9m9 minutes ago
Mark Urban Retweeted Matt Lee
Big diplo news out of Vienna tonight - road map agreed for Syria transition, formation of unity govt in next 6 mnths
Working on the wild side.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Tubby Isaacs wrote:Poland won't be able to do that. It's the biggest recipient of EU funds.

I'd like to think you are right - but recent events in, and some of the rhetoric from, some of the EU members make me think that even if they don't say they stop refugees coming the practice on the ground may well be different. There's probably no way to prevent a backlash against migrants and refugees from certain quarters. Like seeingclearly I fear for those outside and / or travelling those long, dangerous and inhospitable journeys.
yahyah
Prime Minister

Post by yahyah »

Peter Jukes Retweeted
Koert Debeuf ‏@koertdebeuf 4h4 hours ago
French police found Syrian and Egyptian passports. Why? Because ISIS wants it to be found. Goal: change EU policy of welcoming refugees.
seeingclearly
Speaker of the House

Post by seeingclearly »

Tubby and Ephie, Civics would be a great improvement on what we have now, I'd look south and east for models of good teaching as well as America, for a wider perspective. I'd replace religious studies with ethics and logic,though not maybe called that.

I was really astounded to come across a fair amount of people in the run up to the election who really didn't understand the difference between government and parliament, more than you could imagine believed that parliament was some kind of powersharing agreement, and that Labour had failed to make the right kind of laws! When pointed out we had a Conservative government and only they could govern it was like a step too far to understand. It took a small team of us to try and sort out, not easy because some of them were so sure we were wrong! I think it was a product of the constant blaming of Labour for everything. I digress, I know, but really because I still find it bizarre.

Ideally I'd like to see kids who all understood rights and responsibilities as well as rights and wrongs. From a democratic humanist perspective. Religion doesn't do the same things then, it is just one part of their framework for thinking. And thinking with reason another. It might help avoid weird manifestations like the current ones around freedom of speech (you can't stop me saying whatever I want, it's my opinion, innit) and human rights (it's our taxes paying for them to scrounge, who cares if they starve, it's their fault, and etc. etc. etc.).

Religious wars aren't about religion really, they are political because they are about power. We don't really see old suicide bombers. They won't see the things they fight for because they are promised something else. I'm with Yahyah all the way on this, JA too. There was a guy from Leeds talking about what the attacks were intended to provoke, I didnt catch his name it was on bbc tv news this morning, he talked a lot of sense.
Tubby Isaacs
Prime Minister

Post by Tubby Isaacs »

yahyah wrote:Peter Jukes Retweeted
French police found Syrian and Egyptian passports. Why? Because ISIS wants it to be found. Goal: change EU policy of welcoming refugees.
I think that's jumping the gun there. We don't know who they are properly yet.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Tubby Isaacs wrote:
yahyah wrote:Peter Jukes Retweeted
I think that's jumping the gun there. We don't know who they are properly yet.
Agree with that Tubby. I'm watching C4 coverage with Jon Snow - he's just said that they've identified one of the attackers through fingerprints as someone known to intelligence services as a 'radicalised' individual. Assume there will be more definitive information such as this as the investigations continue. They are currently announcing that two of the attackers travelled through Leros as refugees in recent months. Will have to wait and see if they produce similar forensic evidence to substantiate that - i.e. something to show the passports / registration belonged to the attackers.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Faisal Islam ‏@faisalislam 45m45 minutes ago
day after 9/11 NATO agreed Article 5 would be invoked if it was determined the attacks were "directed from abroad": http://www.nato.int/terrorism/five.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; …

Faisal Islam ‏@faisalislam 40m40 minutes ago
Article 5: (NATO): what @fhollande said today on an "act of war" "planned from abroad" goes in this direction -

Faisal Islam ‏@faisalislam 37m37 minutes ago
It would be for France to invoke Article V, and this might have substantial implications in UK/ Canada. I understand no discussions yet:

Faisal Islam ‏@faisalislam 34m34 minutes ago
... Diplomatically though, given role of Russia in Syria, NATO route might present complications... g20 summit tomorrow though.
Tubby Isaacs
Prime Minister

Post by Tubby Isaacs »

There's Citizenship GCSE. That sounds like a good starting point.

I don't think it's in the Ebacc, but I might be wrong.

No idea what's in the national curriculum, but that's optional for academies...
Tubby Isaacs
Prime Minister

Post by Tubby Isaacs »

Putin is obviously a nasty bit of work, but he could reasonably point out that these murdering loons are closer to Russia than France.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Tubby Isaacs wrote:Putin is obviously a nasty bit of work, but he could reasonably point out that these murdering loons are closer to Russia than France.
Sorry Tubby - you'll have to spell out what you are getting at with that more explicitly - my mind's not functioning that well today. Are you saying he / Russia can say they have more legitimacy to act in Syria than France and her EU allies?
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

Post by RogerOThornhill »

Tubby Isaacs wrote:There's Citizenship GCSE. That sounds like a good starting point.

...which is why they had to get Ofsted to check to make sure they were teaching British values...

And no, Citizenship isn't in the EBacc. It's a muddle of their own making.
If I'm not here, then I'll be in the library. Or the other library.
Tubby Isaacs
Prime Minister

Post by Tubby Isaacs »

rebeccariots2 wrote:
Tubby Isaacs wrote:Putin is obviously a nasty bit of work, but he could reasonably point out that these murdering loons are closer to Russia than France.
Sorry Tubby - you'll have to spell out what you are getting at with that more explicitly - my mind's not functioning that well today. Are you saying he / Russia can say they have more legitimacy to act in Syria than France and her EU allies?
Nothing so lofty as legitimacy, but I presume his support for Assad is partly about keeping the loons in their box because they're physically close to him.

It's awful situation, and I was a bit glib.
Tubby Isaacs
Prime Minister

Post by Tubby Isaacs »

RogerOThornhill wrote:
Tubby Isaacs wrote:There's Citizenship GCSE. That sounds like a good starting point.

...which is why they had to get Ofsted to check to make sure they were teaching British values...

And no, Citizenship isn't in the EBacc. It's a muddle of their own making.
Isn't it just?

Seeingclearly points out non-American models which might be better than the American one, but it's surprising to me that the American example hasn't given Civics more of a push. It's not really figured in debate at all.

Ofsted trying to work out on the hoof what British values are hasn't done much good at all.
seeingclearly
Speaker of the House

Post by seeingclearly »

Very sad to hear about Nick Alexander who was with the band at Bataclan venue as one of their crew.
LadyCentauria
Speaker of the House
Location: Set within 3,500 acres of leafy public land in SW London

Post by LadyCentauria »

seeingclearly wrote:Very sad to hear about Nick Alexander who was with the band at Bataclan venue as one of their crew.
Terribly sad :(
This time, I'm gonna be stronger I'm not giving in...
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

Excuse total change of subjects.Just listened to the Archive Hour on Radio 4,about "Man Alive".Incredible to me,it finished nearly thirty five years ago,although there was "live debate" versions for a time afterwards.People may remember Harold Williamson,Labour Party supporter,and stalwart attendee of the Durham Miners gala,his daughter Trish was a weather girl for a while,sadly dying in a car accident.
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Post by AnatolyKasparov »

Another presenter of Man Alive was bridge/chess enthusiast Jeremy James, who died very recently.
"IS TONTY BLAIR BEHIND THIS???!!!!111???!!!"
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

Oh thanks for information.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/201 ... mcpartland" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Most Tories oppose tax credits cuts, says Conservative MP
Stephen McPartland, writing in the Observer, is leading a rebellion urging George Osborne to drop proposals

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfre ... redit-cuts" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
TechnicalEphemera
Speaker of the House

Post by TechnicalEphemera »

Tubby Isaacs wrote:
rebeccariots2 wrote:
Nothing so lofty as legitimacy, but I presume his support for Assad is partly about keeping the loons in their box because they're physically close to him.

It's awful situation, and I was a bit glib.
The original reason Cameron, Hollande and Obama destabilised Syria was because Assad is Iran's regional ally. They have also always been allied to Russia and previously the Soviet Union.

If we let Russia and Iran get on with it to restore Syria's government (outside Kurdish areas) that is fine by me. Russia has more legitimacy because they have been invited by the Syrian government.

The problem with the Syrian opposition is they currently split into ISIS and AQ. Both groups need to be wiped off the planet.
Release the Guardvarks.
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Post by AnatolyKasparov »

Actually an optimistic view is that this atrocity shows ISIS weakness more than strength - both the Russians and Kurds are starting to inflict some real reverses upon them.

They may thus see their best hope as upping the ante in order to provoke an apocalyptic "clash of civilsations" between Islam and the West.

Best that we don't indulge them?
"IS TONTY BLAIR BEHIND THIS???!!!!111???!!!"
Tubby Isaacs
Prime Minister

Post by Tubby Isaacs »

HindleA wrote:http://www.theguardian.com/politics/201 ... mcpartland

Stephen McPartland, writing in the Observer, is leading a rebellion urging George Osborne to drop proposals

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfre ... redit-cuts" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
He's had a go at making out Labour stopped it being defeated. Nice try- only 2 Tory rebels and one absentee. Not even the sudden appearance of Sinn Fein would have stopped it.
Tubby Isaacs
Prime Minister

Post by Tubby Isaacs »

HindleA wrote:Excuse total change of subjects.Just listened to the Archive Hour on Radio 4,about "Man Alive".Incredible to me,it finished nearly thirty five years ago,although there was "live debate" versions for a time afterwards.People may remember Harold Williamson,Labour Party supporter,and stalwart attendee of the Durham Miners gala,his daughter Trish was a weather girl for a while,sadly dying in a car accident.
Man Alive the "slice of life" TV series?

This is an interesting episode. Shows what Seeingclearly and I were talking about earlier, pre-Bengali poverty in Tower Hamlets.

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Gives a nice sense of what the boys' lives were like, but a bit pessimistic. 3 out of 4 of the kids were traced years later and had turned out fine.
Last edited by Tubby Isaacs on Sat 14 Nov, 2015 11:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tubby Isaacs
Prime Minister

Post by Tubby Isaacs »

AnatolyKasparov wrote:Actually an optimistic view is that this atrocity shows ISIS weakness more than strength - both the Russians and Kurds are starting to inflict some real reverses upon them.

They may thus see their best hope as upping the ante in order to provoke an apocalyptic "clash of civilsations" between Islam and the West.

If they're being militarily hammered, that's good. But I reckon they'd be doing this sort of thing anyway. Why wouldn't they, seeing they're scumbags?
Tubby Isaacs
Prime Minister

Post by Tubby Isaacs »

AnatolyKasparov wrote:Another presenter of Man Alive was bridge/chess enthusiast Jeremy James, who died very recently.
I liked him.

He presents this episode, about the arson epidemic in the South Bronx.

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

However bad things we think things can get, they've at least got some way to go to reach the level of urban America in the 70s-early 90s.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Tubby Isaacs wrote:

He's had a go at making out Labour stopped it being defeated. Nice try- only 2 Tory rebels and one absentee. Not even the sudden appearance of Sinn Fein would have stopped it.
He's not getting away with his contorted arguments BTL though, is he. I just can't get my head around how someone such as he can put up all the right arguments against such a nasty and utterly flawed policy and then attempt to justify why the Tories want to do it and why many of them will vote for it. Some very good comments BTL.
Tubby Isaacs
Prime Minister

Post by Tubby Isaacs »

I confused him with Stephen Metcalfe, who helped pulled the stunt to try and force Burnham out, for which Burnham had to threaten legal action on Jeremy Hunt.

Stephen McPartland is obviously not as bad.
TechnicalEphemera
Speaker of the House

Post by TechnicalEphemera »

Tubby Isaacs wrote:
AnatolyKasparov wrote:Actually an optimistic view is that this atrocity shows ISIS weakness more than strength - both the Russians and Kurds are starting to inflict some real reverses upon them.

If they're being militarily hammered, that's good. But I reckon they'd be doing this sort of thing anyway. Why wouldn't they, seeing they're scumbags?
We have been pissing around playing geopolitics for years while Syria, Iraq and Libya were ripped apart. I don't want to indulge ISIS I hope we will deploy tens of thousands of troops and massive force to hammer them, not in years but in months. Russia, Iran, NATO and the Kurds could stabilise Syria and Iraq although with some sort of partition. The quicker this is done the less people will die and the less time they have to plan further attacks.

Problem is Syria and Iraq can be returned to stable(ish) government. Anybody got a clue what to do about Libya? We trashed their government and they don't have anything to replace it.
Release the Guardvarks.
seeingclearly
Speaker of the House

Post by seeingclearly »

TechnicalEphemera wrote:
Tubby Isaacs wrote:

We have been pissing around playing geopolitics for years while Syria, Iraq and Libya were ripped apart. I don't want to indulge ISIS I hope we will deploy tens of thousands of troops and massive force to hammer them, not in years but in months. Russia, Iran, NATO and the Kurds could stabilise Syria and Iraq although with some sort of partition. The quicker this is done the less people will die and the less time they have to plan further attacks.

Problem is Syria and Iraq can be returned to stable(ish) government. Anybody got a clue what to do about Libya? We trashed their government and they don't have anything to replace it.
There was a kind of tribal concensus thing going in which Gaddhafi held the cards, he knew what to do to hold it all together, hold Libyas powerful people to some kind of agreement. I'm pretty sure he had all the dirt on the people who mattered. It isnt western politics, but in the case of Libya I think he and his former western allies used to have an understanding on that, but newer leaders forgot or thought it unimportant. It may be too late, but perhaps the person who might have the education and hold the history might be the son who is currently due to be executed, and who had started to push for reforms. I think his name is Saif. Theres another one ontrial he isnt the same thing at all. The west would have to eat humble pie and the current disastrous bunch would have to be pursuaded, a difficult task. He was relatively clean till the last stages of his fathers regime, when he decided to be loyal to his father. He isn't a religious nut job, he is an LSE graduate, said to be extremely bright, and was headed to be the person who brought Libya into a more developed place, and to succeed his fathers position. It would mean moving mountains though, and be such a compromise, a virtual admittance that the west got it wrong.
seeingclearly
Speaker of the House

Post by seeingclearly »

There were two other major IS incidents both on the 12th, reported in a fairly low key way and overshadowed by the killing of the jihadi man and then the Paris attacks. Baghdad, where around two dozen people lost their lives, and many wounded and Beirut, where there were around three dozen dead and a huge number of wounded casualties, well over a hundred.
TobyLatimer
Chief Whip

Post by TobyLatimer »

Karma ? Danczuk gets a pasting in the Mail over latest expenses expose'
Labour MP Simon Danczuk is employing a glamorous parliamentary assistant who once tried to sue him for sexual harassment.
Mr Danczuk has given a £30,000- a-year job to Nasreen Nazir, 37

Questions have been raised about Ms Nazir’s role – paid for by the taxpayer – as she previously began tribunal proceedings against Mr Danczuk for sexual harassment and constructive dismissal

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... -pest.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
ScreenShot01001.jpg
ScreenShot01001.jpg (91.05 KiB) Viewed 7894 times
ephemerid
Speaker of the House

Post by ephemerid »

rebeccariots2 wrote:
Tubby Isaacs wrote:

He's not getting away with his contorted arguments BTL though, is he. I just can't get my head around how someone such as he can put up all the right arguments against such a nasty and utterly flawed policy and then attempt to justify why the Tories want to do it and why many of them will vote for it. Some very good comments BTL.

McPartland has a majority of about 5,000. Estimates are that 5,000 people in his constituency will lose out if this is implemented.
Go figure......

McPartland's voting record shows consistent support for all the cuts and changes to social security enacted by the coalition - this change of heart is self-interest, IMHO.
I suspect that the same accusation could be levelled at quite a few of the Tory MPs who are objecting to this, on the grounds that they all voted for cuts before.

Not impressed, frankly.
ephemerid
Speaker of the House

Post by ephemerid »

TobyLatimer wrote:Karma ? Danczuk gets a pasting in the Mail over latest expenses expose'
Labour MP Simon Danczuk is employing a glamorous parliamentary assistant who once tried to sue him for sexual harassment.
Mr Danczuk has given a £30,000- a-year job to Nasreen Nazir, 37

Questions have been raised about Ms Nazir’s role – paid for by the taxpayer – as she previously began tribunal proceedings against Mr Danczuk for sexual harassment and constructive dismissal

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... -pest.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
ScreenShot01001.jpg

Oh dear.....poor Simon.

Not only is he in trouble with his second wife, now his first wife chips in. Allegedly.....

Typical Mail - they pay him thousands to write anything that trashes his own party, then offer him up as a sacrificial lamb/hypocrite - complete with the obligatory tits-and-dimples pics of Karen.

I really hope his CLP gives him the same treatment he meted out to local councillors.
TobyLatimer
Chief Whip

Post by TobyLatimer »

Now if only The Telegraph would dump on Hodges, there has to be some dirt on him somewhere they could dig up.
ephemerid
Speaker of the House

Post by ephemerid »

TobyLatimer wrote:Now if only The Telegraph would dump on Hodges, there has to be some dirt on him somewhere they could dig up.
Morning, Toby. As long as DFH and Danzcuk and Mann and and and.....keep up the anti-Labour anti-Corbyn crapola they will keep on getting their columns and their fees.

Meanwhile, Shirley "Bilderberg" Williams has penned a risible article in the Observer headed "George Osborne has 10 days left to save the NHS". This from a quisling enabler who voted for Lansley's NHS "reforms".
I often wonder what her splendid mother, Vera Brittain, would have made of Williams' (possibly inadvertent) actions which have done nothing more than enable the Conservatives.....
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Owen Smith ‏@OwenSmith_MP 1h1 hour ago
Papers say Osborne has been warned off cutting Universal Credit to reverse Tax Cred cuts & now to slash Housing Benefit for workers instead.

Owen Smith ‏@OwenSmith_MP 1h1 hour ago
But best story, by far, is the suggestion in The Sun that junior doctors are striking cos their leaders are all 'Marxists'. Comedy gold.
Morning. If that really is Osborne's 'solution' he is clearly hell bent on punishing the wrong people come what may. What a ludicrous response if true. How will that help? He's got several ways of mitigating or making the problem go away - including not aiming for such a high surplus target and not bringing in tax cuts for the better off - will he use those options - seems not.

If he goes ahead with these tax credit cuts or the housing benefit cut muted above ... he must be very untroubled - perhaps intensely relaxed even - about next May's elections here and in London. It's not a devolved matter but it will come up that's for sure.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

ephemerid wrote:
TobyLatimer wrote:Now if only The Telegraph would dump on Hodges, there has to be some dirt on him somewhere they could dig up.
Morning, Toby. As long as DFH and Danzcuk and Mann and and and.....keep up the anti-Labour anti-Corbyn crapola they will keep on getting their columns and their fees.

Meanwhile, Shirley "Bilderberg" Williams has penned a risible article in the Observer headed "George Osborne has 10 days left to save the NHS". This from a quisling enabler who voted for Lansley's NHS "reforms".
I often wonder what her splendid mother, Vera Brittain, would have made of Williams' (possibly inadvertent) actions which have done nothing more than enable the Conservatives.....
I think you're being very charitable there Ephemerid.
TobyLatimer
Chief Whip

Post by TobyLatimer »

Mornin' ephie & all. Williams eh ? Totally oblivious to how much damage some of her career choices have done.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

... “So how and why we have got into this position of saying we are the party of strivers, while putting forward cuts and reforms which hit those very people, God only knows,” says the MP. Osborne had recently told the same source not to worry about a backlash in his constituency from the tax credit policy. “He said, ‘don’t worry about your seat’. But it is not my seat I am worried about: it’s working families in my constituency on low incomes, who will suffer, who I am worried about. He doesn’t seem to get that.”...
http://www.theguardian.com/artanddesign ... -rebellion" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

All you need to know about Osborne in those two sentences.