Saturday 12th December & Sunday 13th December 2015 -

A home from home
Forum rules
Welcome to FTN. New posters are welcome to join the conversation. You can follow us on Twitter @FlythenestHaven You are responsible for the content you post. This is a public forum. Treat it as if you are speaking in a crowded room. Site admin and Moderators are volunteers who will respond as quickly as they are able to when made aware of any complaints. Please do not post copyrighted material without the original authors permission.
TobyLatimer
Chief Whip

Re: Saturday 12th December & Sunday 13th December 2015 -

Post by TobyLatimer »

Pick a Santa .

Sunday Politics dug out an old clip of Jeremy Corbyn from the archives presenting mince pies to the people on the programme near Christmas.

The other one is Danczuk
CWGtSxqWEAA10-E.jpg
CWGtSxqWEAA10-E.jpg (46.28 KiB) Viewed 5794 times
CWGeq63W4AEZ-mm.jpg
CWGeq63W4AEZ-mm.jpg (59.5 KiB) Viewed 5794 times
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

The stated aim are "personal/health budgets" as the "patient,service user"or as I prefer "person" knows best ;well here is a form of which has existed for over twenty years,or did.
yahyah
Prime Minister

Post by yahyah »

Which Santa would you want down your chimney ?
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

RobertSnozers wrote:
rebeccariots2 wrote:
Bonnie Greer ‏@Bonn1eGreer 1h1 hour ago Hammersmith, London
You have to have a heart of stone not to laugh at @Telegraph story re: 100,000 "moderates" being sought to join #Labour .
#HAHAHAHAHHAAHAH
Why couldn't /didn't these Labour MPs get these people to join Labour before is the question I find lurking at the back of my mind. Surely they were out there ready and waiting to be persuaded by their policies and principles?
Isn't this an entryist plot?

I've felt like batting my head against a brick wall when someone says there are millions of Labour voters [9 mil?] who didn't vote for Corbyn

It's a ridiculous figure.

There are many, many people who vote, but are just doing their duty and stick to their chosen party no matter what.

There are many who were aware that a leadership election was taking place, but weren't that bothered about who won.

There were a great many who simply couldn't be bothered to fork out £3 to have a voice.

There were many who looked at all those standing and voted for Whatever They're Called.

But there were a great many more who were interested. Who forked out full membership. Who bothered to pay £3. Who looked at all the entrants. And voted for Corbyn.
We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office. – Aesop
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Post by AnatolyKasparov »

Mike Gapes isn't in much of a position to stir the pot in the near future. Best wishes to him, despite our differences.
"IS TONTY BLAIR BEHIND THIS???!!!!111???!!!"
yahyah
Prime Minister

Post by yahyah »

The Mail was screaming yesterday about toxic gas attacks in connection with the terrorist suspects arrested near Geneva.
Have police foiled an ISIS chemical weapons plot in Europe?
That headline was near the top of the Mail online.

All rather terrifying if true.
But it appears not to have been.

Last night's Radio 4 news reported that the arrests were about explosives, and charges were made under laws relating to possession etc of explosive materials & toxic substances.

Swiss Prosecutor Olivier Jornot told a news conference the men 'had traces of explosives in their car but no toxic gas'.

The Mail has reported today that no toxic gas was found, but the article is hidden away.
Strange that.
AngryAsWell
Prime Minister

Post by AngryAsWell »

Prevention better than cure in Cuban healthcare system

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-35073966" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

HindleA wrote:@Eph.Hard to believe to be honest ,I don't know what "experts" advise them.The indisputable fact is that you cannot make savings from cutting cost saving allowances/arrangements,merely transfer the costs elsewhere.Anybody with any knowledge or experence surely know that.False economic misanthropy.
Government can't ever say they weren't properly informed of their disaster area policies and the
consequences of those policies. I quote from my favourite oracle, the National Audit Office (NAO):
Without understanding how new responsibilities and smaller budgets affect local services,
central government creates risks to service delivery and financial uncertainty for local bodies.

...when central departments make big decisions and cost reductions that affect other public
sector bodies, they still need to be able to support those decisions, ensuring the spending
is achieving the desired outcomes, represents value for money and is based on good
management information.

The consequences of poor quality decision-making by a department affects the central
department just as much as the body to which responsibility and cost cuts are devolved.

In looking at good practice and learning from errors, the NAO has repeatedly come
across four issues that can block improvements and lead to poor services for citizens.

- Conflicting priorities
- Ignoring inconvenient facts
- Out of sight, out of mind
- Not learning from mistakes

- from, The Art of Spending Public Money Wisely
National Audit Office (NAO) presentations to Civil Service Live
October 2015

https://www.nao.org.uk/wp-content/uploa ... isely1.pdf
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

RobertSnozers wrote:
rebeccariots2 wrote:
Labour risks becoming a talking shop of protest and anger
Stella Creasy
Internal squabbling will only condemn those whom Labour claims to represent to live in misery, writes the MP

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfre ... dApp_Tweet" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
She's getting some stick BTL for seeming to not acknowledge the part that certain MPs are playing in this 'internal squabbling'.
Given that she is one of those who actually proved that the binary division of 'principle/protest' vs 'being in power/changing things' is completely false, this is a bit of a disappointment. I've always been very impressed with Creasy, and voted for her for the deputy leadership despite her campaign not, I feel, living up to her potential. She has a point, of course, as we've been saying here for a long time - if we fight each other, we're not fighting George Osborne. But she's only focussing on Momentum and the new members.

I wasn't sure what to make of the line 'Weeks ago I raised this with Jeremy privately. Given the scale of the problem and the need for everyone to act, I’m now doing this publicly.' Does this suggest the leadership dismissed her concerns? It feels an odd kind of comment to make, and the absence of any suggestion as to what might have happened as a result of her conversation with Corbyn would seem to suggest that the answer is nothing at all. However, has she also raised it with Danczuk? With Kevan Jones? With Mike Gapes? With Blair?
It probably means he didn't say what she wanted to hear.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

I missed this. Truly shocking.
Former Chilean soldier charged with murder after stunning radio confession
Guillermo Reyes Rammsy, 62, admitted on live radio phone-in on Wednesday to participating in executions of 18 opponents of late dictator Augusto Pinochet

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/d ... are_btn_tw" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Working on the wild side.
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

prescott.png
prescott.png (193.05 KiB) Viewed 5691 times
John Prescott gets it.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Good grief - I've just seen that vine of Osborne standing with a bunch of kids in front of him singing carols.

Did they really go so far with their Tory branding / staging as to dress the kids in blue rather than red Santa hats???? They did.
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

rebeccariots2 wrote:Good grief - I've just seen that vine of Osborne standing with a bunch of kids in front of him singing carols.

Did they really go so far with their Tory branding / staging as to dress the kids in blue rather than red Santa hats???? They did.
Trying to out Corbyn, Corbyn...It's a pity Tories don't do spontaneous.
TobyLatimer
Chief Whip

Post by TobyLatimer »

Dankzuk is back at the Mail On Sunday after a brief fling with the Sun. This after they ran several negative pieces on him while he was away. The tart.

No pride, no shame.

Tom Watson’s warning last week that entryists are trying to infiltrate Labour shows Corbyn’s not-so-secret plan has finally been rumbled.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/artic ... nczuk.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

Gun used in Paris terrorist attack was supplied by US arms dealer

http://linkis.com/wordpress.com/IahD5
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

TobyLatimer wrote:Dankzuk is back at the Mail On Sunday after a brief fling with the Sun. This after they ran several negative pieces on him while he was away. The tart.

No pride, no shame.

Tom Watson’s warning last week that entryists are trying to infiltrate Labour shows Corbyn’s not-so-secret plan has finally been rumbled.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/artic ... nczuk.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The Tart :lol: I've Tweeted it.
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

rebeccariots2 wrote:Good grief - I've just seen that vine of Osborne standing with a bunch of kids in front of him singing carols.

"Now That's What I Call Political Correctness Gone Mad '15".
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

Good morfternoon.
TobyLatimer
Chief Whip

Post by TobyLatimer »

Meanwhile they also have a spread featuring what feels like dozens of photos of his estranged wife getting out of a car.

One of these phrases doesn't appear in the article.

Karen Danczuk

"flaunts her infamous figure"

"buxom brunette"

"ample endowments"

"Pouring her curves"

"left little to the imagination"

"she clearly didn't want to waste any time covering herself up"

"she gave fans quite the eyeful"

"she nearly fell out of her tiny dress"

"Keeping abreast of the action"

"believes a peaceful political settlement is essential sooner than later in the Syria crisis"
TobyLatimer
Chief Whip

Post by TobyLatimer »

ohsocynical wrote:
TobyLatimer wrote:Dankzuk is back at the Mail On Sunday after a brief fling with the Sun. This after they ran several negative pieces on him while he was away. The tart.

No pride, no shame.

The Tart :lol: I've Tweeted it.
I'm always reminded of Nellie Boswell in Bread describing Li-lo Lil "She is a Tart !"
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Post by AnatolyKasparov »

I see that Mr Danczuk now has a new partner, Claire Hamilton - who again seems to be considerably younger than himself (certainly if it is the same person who was a Hyndburn DC member around a decade ago, at that time one of the youngest councillors in the whole country - and AIUI it is)

Anybody else starting to see a pattern here?
"IS TONTY BLAIR BEHIND THIS???!!!!111???!!!"
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

Britain Elects ‏@britainelects Dec 12
Holmewood & Heath (North East Derbyshire) result:

LAB: 79.0% (+7.4)
CON: 21.0% (-7.4)
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

Jeremy Corbyn makes first move to rein in rebellious Labour MPs
The Labour leader wants his new army to have a bigger say in policy

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/po ... 70846.html
Given that anything in the press should be taken with a pinch of salt, interesting times ahead?
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

TobyLatimer wrote:Meanwhile they also have a spread featuring what feels like dozens of photos of his estranged wife getting out of a car.

One of these phrases doesn't appear in the article.

Karen Danczuk

"flaunts her infamous figure"

"buxom brunette"

"ample endowments"

"Pouring her curves"

"left little to the imagination"

"she clearly didn't want to waste any time covering herself up"

"she gave fans quite the eyeful"

"she nearly fell out of her tiny dress"

"Keeping abreast of the action"

"believes a peaceful political settlement is essential sooner than later in the Syria crisis"
(My bold)

I suppose it's better than a photo' of Simon Danczuk "pawing her curves".
MsChin
Backbencher

Post by MsChin »

ohsocynical wrote:Britain Elects ‏@britainelects Dec 12

That was my late friend Trish's seat. She would have laughed when nominations went in - no Kipper and a Tory opposed Labour.

A great lass and a damned good councillor, I'm told.
martinson
Backbencher

Post by martinson »

Good afternoon. I received this today and thought that I might share it with you. The author is ex army having spent many years in all the recent trouble spots.

With all these posts and tweets about bombing in Syria, I thought I'd share with you a completely unrelated story:
There’s huge wasps’ nest down the other end of my road, I mean it’s bloody massive. Despite the fact that it’s been terrorising the people who live down there for months, they haven’t done anything about it. The thing is that they just don’t get on with each other and it seems that they would much rather argue amongst themselves than tackle the real problem in their midst.
Well, a few weeks ago my next-door neighbour got stung by a wasp. As you can imagine, this made him really angry (although it now transpires that the wasp actually came from his own garden). Anyway, this has really galvanised all of us down our end of the road to sort this wasps’ nest out once and for all. The thing is that none of us are all that keen on going down there ourselves. The wife’s dead against sending any of our kids in case they get hurt; but we’ve got to do something right?
Luckily, I’ve got a brilliant idea. I’m going to get a big stick and give the wasp’s nest a bloody good poke. I know that people have warned that this will achieve nothing and cause them to release a pheromone which makes all wasps more likely to attack us, but it really will be extremely satisfying to give them little buzzing bastards what’s coming to them. I also realise that it will probably make life a lot worse for those living down that end of the street, but when you invest your hard-earned money on a world class poking stick you should take whatever opportunity to use it, right?
Anyway, I must go now because I’ve other more pressing issues at hand. I’m extremely eager to change the rules of the local Neighbourhood Watch scheme down this end of the street. I’ve even threatened to move if I don’t get my way. However, my next-door neighbour wasn’t too keen to support me on this. But now we’re standing shoulder-to-shoulder in our wasp nest poking endeavours, I’m hoping that he might now see things my way.

An interesting analogy?
Best wishes.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

A few minutes walk fom me,just off Junction 29 of the M1.The former,industrial estate,(where I currently go)ex-pit village,council estates,old peoples' homes,27 takeaways(slight exaggeration),Heath a conservation area with properties leased from Chatsworth House.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

MsChin wrote:

That was my late friend Trish's seat. She would have laughed when nominations went in - no Kipper and a Tory opposed Labour.

A great lass and a damned good councillor, I'm told.

Patricia Williams,small World.
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

aisling ‏@clementattlees 6 mins6 minutes ago

"[Schneider] voted Green in May, but only because “I'm in a safe Labour seat” – Hammersmith" literally one of the key marginals in GE??
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

FWIW there was some consternation when they redrew the boundaries for my local area and included supposedly more likely not to vote Labour and according to boundaries with no geographical sense and split villages up ;the fear was unfounded as Labour councillors were returned with an increased majority.I also find it interesting that although my part is supposedly "posh" ie private housing,new influx etc,there is no historical tie with the Labour/Trade Union movement that now out number born and bred residents with those ties/memories-we still maintain a Labour voting habit,indeed in increasing numbers.
Last edited by HindleA on Sun 13 Dec, 2015 5:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
TobyLatimer
Chief Whip

Post by TobyLatimer »

HindleA wrote:

A few minutes walk fom me,just off Junction 29 of the M1.The former,industrial estate,(where I currently go)ex-pit village,council estates,old peoples' homes,27 takeaways(slight exaggeration),Heath a conservation area with properties leased from Chatsworth House.

I've heard junction 29 called the Heath Roundabout round these maligned parts.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

Junction 29A -Skinner's Junction.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

We are pretty close Toby-sorry about that!
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Metro ‏@MetroUK 2h2 hours ago
Iraq war veteran made redundant only 72 hours before qualifying for full pension
http://buff.ly/1QEkjxs" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
He's returned his medals and written to Cameron to tell him why.
TobyLatimer
Chief Whip

Post by TobyLatimer »

HindleA wrote:We are pretty close Toby-sorry about that!

Lol. I can see Hardwick Hall without binoculars from my front garden, ;)
ScreenShot0126633.jpg
ScreenShot0126633.jpg (87.73 KiB) Viewed 5538 times
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

rebeccariots2 wrote:
Iraq war veteran made redundant only 72 hours before qualifying for full pension
That'll give something for Dave and his cronies to laugh about as they sit in a nice warm room, around a table groaning with Christmas food.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

I have probably passed your humble abode/or very close to it on my bike,endeavouring to search the quickest route to Mansfield,definately go through Teversal.
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

Aalistair Campbell Tweeted supporting Stella Creasy. Said the Labour party is becoming a party of angry protesters.

I replied, that we are protesting because we are angry but some MPs aren't listening. I suggested they did...
TobyLatimer
Chief Whip

Post by TobyLatimer »

HindleA wrote:Junction 29A -Skinner's Junction.
That was still under construction the last time I was in Bolsover, about 12 years ago now. I was always seeking out alternative routes to Meadowhall where they often had traffic queuing on the motorway at junction 34 just to get into the place. The A61 from Chesterfield was a good way, I even did it a few times on a moped :)
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

ohsocynical wrote:
rebeccariots2 wrote:
That'll give something for Dave and his cronies to laugh about as they sit in a nice warm room, around a table groaning with Christmas food.

On thinking that post over, I've decided they'll probably sit around the table agreeing that plebs should be grateful for what they're given and know their place.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

I avoid MeadowHell,as much as I can to be honest,Crystal Peaks at Halfway I found more bearable,pity they got rid of the cinema there.There is a tram there if you want to go to MeadowHell.
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

rebeccariots2 wrote:
"Sgt Nolan, 43, joined the Army at the age of 24 and did tours in Bosnia, Iraq –
before he was made redundant from the job as a medical technician in the
Royal Electrical and Mechanical Engineers last September.
"

The man is in the prime of his life.
His experience and training are invaluable.
Why are they doing making him redundant?
TobyLatimer
Chief Whip

Post by TobyLatimer »

HindleA wrote:I avoid MeadowHell,as much as I can to be honest,Crystal Peaks at Halfway I found more bearable,pity they got rid of the cinema there.There is a tram there if you want to go to MeadowHell.
I wouldn't dare venture there nowadays, I remember going once around this time of year, spent 20 minutes finding somewhere to park and another 20 inside wandering around aimlessly through the crowds before leaving and coming home again.
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

ohsocynical wrote:Aalistair Campbell Tweeted supporting Stella Creasy. Said the Labour party is becoming a party of angry protesters.

I replied, that we are protesting because we are angry but some MPs aren't listening. I suggested they did...
(my bold)

Of course Labour is a party of angry protesters!
God damn Tory government for almost six years!
MsChin
Backbencher

Post by MsChin »

Small world, eh, Mr H & Mr L. I not only know those areas you've discussed quite well but I also live near-ish to Crystal Peaks. If forced to go to Meadowhell, I go via the former Orgreave site & along past the former Sheffield airport & then up Shepcote Lane.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

My better half loved "shopping"I think the phrase is,we went all over-Leeds,Nottingham,Birmingham,Norwich.She was so organised,I have no presents to buy,as she always bought them in the sales just after xmas,or indeed cards which she had already made.An easy time for me,in that regard.I won't miss the shopping but I shall miss the joy in her eyes.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Daft - and possibly insensitive question - HindleA - but are you going to be OK at Christmas? Everyone does Christmas differently - but I hope you're going to have people to share some of the time with if that's what you want - or if not that you are going to have a good time indulging yourself in exactly the way you want.

And, of course, some of us will still be around on FTN. Mr Riots and I don't really do Christmas in the traditional sense - we do our own thing.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Emily Thornberry ‏@EmilyThornberry 20s20 seconds ago Islington, London
When I finished Xmas shopping tonight, it was snowing on Oxford St - not a lot, but definitely snow! SNOW
Cor blimey. Snow in London. Meanwhile it's ridiculously mild here ......................... and beyond ridiculously wet. Memo to the Christmas superbeing PLEASE STOP IT RAINING.
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

rebeccariots2 wrote:
Emily Thornberry ‏@EmilyThornberry 20s20 seconds ago Islington, London
When I finished Xmas shopping tonight, it was snowing on Oxford St - not a lot, but definitely snow! SNOW
Cor blimey. Snow in London. Meanwhile it's ridiculously mild here ......................... and beyond ridiculously wet. Memo to the Christmas superbeing PLEASE STOP IT RAINING.
Snow? Blimey. We didn't get any. At least I didn't see it.
Yes it's mild here too. I've just opened a living room window wide for ten minutes. I was coming over all unneccesary. :shock:
martinson
Backbencher

Post by martinson »

I noticed lots of today's headlines using Trump as a double meaning. Love to see one next week,
Trump follows through!
Sorry a bit messy for a Sunday evening.