Tuesday 15th December 2015

A home from home
Forum rules
Welcome to FTN. New posters are welcome to join the conversation. You can follow us on Twitter @FlythenestHaven You are responsible for the content you post. This is a public forum. Treat it as if you are speaking in a crowded room. Site admin and Moderators are volunteers who will respond as quickly as they are able to when made aware of any complaints. Please do not post copyrighted material without the original authors permission.
refitman
Site Admin

Tuesday 15th December 2015

Post by refitman »

Morning all.
TobyLatimer
Chief Whip

Re: Tuesday 15th December 2015

Post by TobyLatimer »

Poor Dan seems confused, after years of telling us that Milband was killing the party, followed by months of how Corbyn is killing the party, it now appears that the 'spineless moderates' are the ones killing the party because they won't properly fight the aforementioned who are also killing the party.
ScreenShot01276.jpg
ScreenShot01276.jpg (89.42 KiB) Viewed 12862 times
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politic ... party.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
yahyah
Prime Minister

Post by yahyah »

It was a good morning until I stupidly decided to listen to the X Factor winner's No 1 version of Dylan's Forever Young. I only did it to have my bias confirmed, and confirmed it definitely was.

Her ear bashing vocal tricks and murdering of a good song seems to sum up much of our times.
Am sure the young lass, given some proper musical direction by someone with taste, could have made it listenable and respected the Dylan original.

It's the same with politics, the May election showed that, tacky fake stuff wins and money's to be made on the back of it. Cowell/Cameron, not much difference.
yahyah
Prime Minister

Post by yahyah »

Must say, Corbyn's Bugs Bunny impersonation's rather charming.
TobyLatimer
Chief Whip

Post by TobyLatimer »

Must admit that I have never, ever watched one single episode of any of Cowell's shows. I had Planet Waves on cassette about 30 years ago though, it never left the car tbh - kept it in the glove box with a few others. Two versions of Forever Young, a fast version and slower accoustic
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Morning. Couple of bits from the Paul Waugh daily email following.

Firstly:
Two polls are out. The Telegraph/ICM poll found if freedom of movement rules remained as they are, 45% would vote for the exit door and 40% would stay. The Express/Survation poll found a Survation poll says 42% of Britons are ready to vote to leave no matter what, compared to 40% who would opt to stay.
Cameron's 'negotiations' are just not convincing it seems. There is a very real danger that rather than reassure people about the EU he is going to increase the anxiety and distrust factor through his stupid manoeuvres that just about everyone can see through. His usual Emperors clothes fall back tactic could be fatal in this instance.
Working on the wild side.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Secondly:
THEY SHOOT, HE SCORES

The Mark Clarke controversy shows no sign of letting up. The Sun today reports that Grant Shapps’ aid Paul Abbott leaked complaints about Clarke - to Clarke.

Activist Josh Hitchens complained about Clarke to party bosses just two months before he was made boss of RoadTrip. But his email was immediately forwarded to then-Chief of Staff Paul Abbott, who leaked the complaint to Clarke, warning: “FYI. Maybe do this on the phone in future?”
He added: “Might be safer press-wise for you to go around smiling at people, and getting someone else to shoot them.”

Meanwhile, the Guardian reports Abbott has been criticised for scheduling a seminar next month in which he will celebrate the success of Road Trip. Elliott Johnson’s father Ray thinks the event is inappropriate.
I hope the leaker is not still in his job ... ?
TheGrimSqueaker
Speaker of the House

Post by TheGrimSqueaker »

@Temulkar - It is a matter of established fact that the nascent trade union movement was fostered in no small part by non-conformist churches, especially the Methodists; it is also a matter of established fact that the Liberal Party sponsored some of the first trade union representatives to stand for parliament - so, with all respect to your family and their dinner party conversations, I think I am still siding with Harold Wilson with regard to the whiff of Methodism.

Morning all.
COWER BRIEF MORTALS. HO. HO. HO.
yahyah
Prime Minister

Post by yahyah »

Didn't Roy Hattersley write a book about Methodism and the Labour movement ?
Not his one on Wesley, am sure I remember one.
yahyah
Prime Minister

Post by yahyah »

Just spotted a headline in yesterday's Telegraph on a Twitter pic.

''Pensioner Bonds savings rates slashed by half'' Osborne's axed the scheme.
So Osborne's pre-election stunt wasn't for the long haul. Who's have guessed it ?

''National Savings halves Pensioner Bond rates from 2.8pc to 1.45pc
Millions of old savers prepare for rate cut shock as NS&I fails to renew its popular one-year Pensioner Bond''
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/pers ... .45pc.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I still think the Tories will alienate too many people by 2020 to have an easy ride at the ballot box.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

yahyah wrote:Just spotted a headline in yesterday's Telegraph on a Twitter pic.

''Pensioner Bonds savings rates slashed by half'' Osborne's axed the scheme.
So Osborne's pre-election stunt wasn't for the long haul. Who's have guessed it ?

''National Savings halves Pensioner Bond rates from 2.8pc to 1.45pc
Millions of old savers prepare for rate cut shock as NS&I fails to renew its popular one-year Pensioner Bond''
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/pers ... .45pc.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I still think the Tories will alienate too many people by 2020 to have an easy ride at the ballot box.
They'll have to 'shop around' - 'switch every year' - to get the best deal and ensure rates are competitive - like the rest of us are endlessly exhorted to do about everything. Sorry - the endless Tory switching mantra really gets to me sometimes. Mr Riots and I both felt too exhausted by various officialdoms and administrations to bother switching / challenging our car insurances this year. They both went up by about £15. We could have got them back down again ... but decided to let it go and do a serious challenge next year when, if past experience is anything to go by, they will try and jack them up by about £50 having decided we're loyal suckers.
ephemerid
Speaker of the House

Post by ephemerid »

One year ago, the Archbishop of Canterbury's charitable trust published a report, "Feeding Britain". It outlined the reasons why people are hungry in this country, and an all-party committee of MPs expressed the view that "Hunger stalks this country".

At that point, 913,138 people had been given an emergency food parcel by the Trussell Trust; then, TT represented 29% of all the food aid in the UK. For the first time ever, the Red Cross, Oxfam, and Save The Children were organising food aid too.

Lord Freud told us that there was an unlimited demand for a "free good"; Lady Jenkin informed us that "the poor don't know how to cook". The charities told us that it was benefit delays, sanctions, charges, etc. that caused much of the need.

So - one year on - has anything changed? Yes, By Jiminy!
Benefit delays are more of a problem than ever; Osborne has brought in a built-in delay of at least one week for benefit claims, Universal Credit has a built-in delay of at least 5 weeks, and there are still 600,000 ESA and 300,000 PIP claimants waiting for a first assessment.
Benefit sanctions remain very high; as the claimant count for JSA falls, so do the sanctions rates, but they are more than made up for by the sanctions on ESA claimants, specially the mentally ill. The overall number of adverse decisions across all benefits is half a million-plus.
Charges for council tax and under-occupation penalties have not saved any money for government; all they have done is reduce income, and cause a massive backlog in magistrates' courts, increase homelessness, and leave many - in work or not - with no money for food.

One year on, TT's figures show a rise in food bank use from 913,138 to 1,084,604 as of March 2015. They do not expect this to fall by the next accounting date. "Social Supermarkets", which sell food cheaply to benefit claimants, are on the increase.

This is the sixth richest economy on the planet. There is a whole new industry developing aimed at feeding our poor. Nearly every day, there is a new announcement or some new wheeze to strip those who have little as it is of their paltry income and leave them with nothing; and charities are busy setting up new schemes to deal with the people who are cold, hungry, and homeless.
Meanwhile, we can afford to drop bombs on countries with which we are not at war; we can afford to waste tens of billions on reforms to the welfare state which are aimed at destroying it; we can afford to do all manner of things that are unnecessary and expensive, but we cannot ensure that our fellow citizens have a safe roof over their heads and food to keep them alive.

Welcome to Tory Britain. Welcome to the Big Society. Enjoy.
"Poverty is the worst form of violence" - Mahatma Gandhi
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Jim Pickard ‏@PickardJE 58s59 seconds ago
The "bonfire of the quangos" has seen abolition of 285 public bodies - and creation of 184 new ones, says NAO.
danesclose
Whip

Post by danesclose »

yahyah wrote:It was a good morning until I stupidly decided to listen to the X Factor winner's No 1 version of Dylan's Forever Young. I only did it to have my bias confirmed, and confirmed it definitely was.

Her ear bashing vocal tricks and murdering of a good song seems to sum up much of our times.
Am sure the young lass, given some proper musical direction by someone with taste, could have made it listenable and respected the Dylan original.

It's the same with politics, the May election showed that, tacky fake stuff wins and money's to be made on the back of it. Cowell/Cameron, not much difference.
Morning all. Not heard it & hope I never do - the version of "Hallelujah" that someone crucified a few years ago was bad enough.
To my mind this is the best version of the song, purely because I love the film

[youtube]jtFEzhaNrT4[/youtube]
Proud to be part of The Indecent Minority.
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

Post by RogerOThornhill »

I went to one of the showings of that ^^^ when it first came out. One of the very few films I've been to where the audience did a round of applause when it finished.

Good article on the utterly crazy ideological thought that comes out of the DfE.

http://www.theguardian.com/education/20 ... ouse-lords
Colin Harris is known as a maverick. He is also the head of one of the few schools in the country to be judged outstanding in every category twice in succession.

Ofsted praised his “superb leadership”, his drive and enthusiasm and his vision for the pupils of Warren Park primary in one of the less advantaged parts of Havant, Hampshire.

Not surprisingly, other heads wanted to learn from him, and he was asked to help a struggling primary in neighbouring Portsmouth. But it never happened because the Department for Education (DfE) told him his school would have to become an academy before he could take an advisory role.
There you go - unless you're with an academy then you can't be of any possible use.

:roll:
If I'm not here, then I'll be in the library. Or the other library.
ephemerid
Speaker of the House

Post by ephemerid »

Polls.

We trust them, don't we? Apparently, we are heading for a Brexit. That's what the latest polls say.

OGRPPFGTCC has gambled the future of this country because he wanted to shut up a few Eurosceptic rebels in his own party and get a few votes back from UKIP.
As ever, he hasn't though this through - and if we leave the EU, he will have to deal with all of this -
sending all the EU nationals living and working here home, or change their status;
welcoming back all the UK nationals living in the EU if the many countries involved decide to retaliate;
explaining to HM the Queen and the Duke of Westminster (amongst others) that they won't be getting their millions in EU CAP subsidies any more; and hope that business won't mind too much when they get no more grants and subsidies and have to pay a lot more for their export deals.

He is a moron.
TheGrimSqueaker
Speaker of the House

ephemerid wrote:Polls.

We trust them, don't we? Apparently, we are heading for a Brexit. That's what the latest polls say.

OGRPPFGTCC has gambled the future of this country because he wanted to shut up a few Eurosceptic rebels in his own party and get a few votes back from UKIP.
As ever, he hasn't though this through - and if we leave the EU, he will have to deal with all of this -
sending all the EU nationals living and working here home, or change their status;
welcoming back all the UK nationals living in the EU if the many countries involved decide to retaliate;
explaining to HM the Queen and the Duke of Westminster (amongst others) that they won't be getting their millions in EU CAP subsidies any more; and hope that business won't mind too much when they get no more grants and subsidies and have to pay a lot more for their export deals.

He is a moron.
Can I point out that you are wrong in one key respect; Cameron won't have to deal with any of those consequences because he will in all likelihood have moved on by the time action is needed. In a typically Tory cavalier fashion he disregards the future consequences, because he will not have to face them, in pursuit of a fleeting gain. With all respect to the memory of Jim Henson, the man is a prize muppet.
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Post by AnatolyKasparov »

rebeccariots2 wrote:Morning. Couple of bits from the Paul Waugh daily email following.

Firstly:
Two polls are out. The Telegraph/ICM poll found if freedom of movement rules remained as they are, 45% would vote for the exit door and 40% would stay. The Express/Survation poll found a Survation poll says 42% of Britons are ready to vote to leave no matter what, compared to 40% who would opt to stay.
Cameron's 'negotiations' are just not convincing it seems. There is a very real danger that rather than reassure people about the EU he is going to increase the anxiety and distrust factor through his stupid manoeuvres that just about everyone can see through. His usual Emperors clothes fall back tactic could be fatal in this instance.
Though the basic facts on the ground are the same for this referendum as they were for Scotland last year.

The "out" camp needs to get well ahead - comfortably into double figures - at some point to have a realistic chance of victory on the day.

And as then, I suspect if the "in" side wins it will be in spite of our PM rather than because of him. Labour needs to avoid letting Cameron contaminate them this time :twisted:
"IS TONTY BLAIR BEHIND THIS???!!!!111???!!!"
ephemerid
Speaker of the House

Post by ephemerid »

TheGrimSqueaker wrote:

He is a moron.
Can I point out that you are wrong in one key respect; Cameron won't have to deal with any of those consequences because he will in all likelihood have moved on by the time action is needed. In a typically Tory cavalier fashion he disregards the future consequences, because he will not have to face them, in pursuit of a fleeting gain. With all respect to the memory of Jim Henson, the man is a prize muppet.

Yes, you may point that out, TGS...... and you may well be right.

But I remain unconvinced that he will go when he says he will - after all, he has been consistently economical with the actualite in every other utterance he has ever treated us to.

The Tories - by foul means or fouler - are quietly dismantllng our democracy; whether it's voting registration, boundaries, the youth vote, stuffing the Lords with pals, or short money, they're carving up this country and it won't be long before they succeed in making England at least a permanent Tory stronghold.

OGRPPFGTCC has never knowingly told the truth about anything he is doing or plans to do. Personally, unless there is an obvious disaster ahead for him, I doubt he'll give up all his power and perks as easily as he makes out.

If he goes on cue, as promised, the alternative is even worse. Boris? May? Gidiot? Even IDS or that creep Hammond? Hunt? Scary.....
TheGrimSqueaker
Speaker of the House

RobertSnozers wrote:I suspect it's not as binary as either view - it seems that at the official level, the Methodist church was, initially anyway, opposed to radicalism and working class protest, but this changed over time, and a large number of Ministers and lay preachers got involved individually in the labour movement, union meetings were openly held in chapels, and large numbers of union leaders were Methodists. So while it's probably fair to say that for a time, the Methodist Church was against the labour movement, Methodism actually contributed to it a great deal.

Interesting paper on it here http://biblicalstudies.org.uk/pdf/anvil/14-1_036.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Totally agree RS, I was simply pointing out that Tem was wrong to dismiss Harold Wilson's quote out of hand. My point yesterday, which you have so neatly echoed, is that the origins of the Labour movement are far more nuanced than some on social media and in the press now try to suggest in their zeal to be "considerably more socialist than yow".
StephenDolan
First Secretary of State

Post by StephenDolan »

The Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs (Defra) plans to spend £2.3bn on flood defences over the course of the parliament.
But that figure relies on £600m of “external contributions”, of which only £250m has already been secured and only £61m has come from the private sector, the Environment Select Committee said in a report published today

https://www.politicshome.com/energy-and ... e-spending" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Ah that old trick.
TheGrimSqueaker
Speaker of the House

ephemerid wrote:
TheGrimSqueaker wrote:

He is a moron.

Yes, you may point that out, TGS...... and you may well be right.

But I remain unconvinced that he will go when he says he will - after all, he has been consistently economical with the actualite in every other utterance he has ever treated us to.

The Tories - by foul means or fouler - are quietly dismantllng our democracy; whether it's voting registration, boundaries, the youth vote, stuffing the Lords with pals, or short money, they're carving up this country and it won't be long before they succeed in making England at least a permanent Tory stronghold.

OGRPPFGTCC has never knowingly told the truth about anything he is doing or plans to do. Personally, unless there is an obvious disaster ahead for him, I doubt he'll give up all his power and perks as easily as he makes out.

If he goes on cue, as promised, the alternative is even worse. Boris? May? Gidiot? Even IDS or that creep Hammond? Hunt? Scary.....
Oh, I think you are right, he'll certainly try to wriggle out of his promise to leave if he sees personal advantage to doing so. But Brexit can't happen overnight, it will take a number of years to fully disengage, by which time he will have certainly gone; whether that departure is because he is ousted by his own Party, or ousted by the electorate at the next GE remains to be seen.
TobyLatimer
Chief Whip

Post by TobyLatimer »

Some wonderful responses in the comments below Dave's tweet. " onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
ScreenShot01279.jpg
ScreenShot01279.jpg (62.36 KiB) Viewed 12542 times
ScreenShot01280.jpg
ScreenShot01280.jpg (44.36 KiB) Viewed 12542 times
ephemerid
Speaker of the House

Post by ephemerid »

David Cameron - "It was great to watch Tim Peake blast off..."

Ephemerid - "It would be greater to watch Cameron blast off...."

I'd pay to see that. Oh yes.
ephemerid
Speaker of the House

Post by ephemerid »

Tobes, you are a very norty boy.

R. Pic.2 - Is OGRPPFGTCC jealous, d'ya think?
TobyLatimer
Chief Whip

Post by TobyLatimer »

ephemerid wrote:Tobes, you are a very norty boy.

R. Pic.2 - Is OGRPPFGTCC jealous, d'ya think?

Lol, i noticed more than one comment suggesting that it would be better if Dave had been blasted off instead :)

I can't work out if it's jealousy or pride that he had been there first ...
TobyLatimer
Chief Whip

Post by TobyLatimer »

Oh no, whatever will we do without him ? http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politic ... owell.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
ScreenShot01283.jpg
ScreenShot01283.jpg (68.68 KiB) Viewed 12514 times
ScreenShot01282.jpg
ScreenShot01282.jpg (76.22 KiB) Viewed 12514 times
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Nice comparison there, with a confirmed imperialist and racist.

Good riddance, you miserable toad :twisted:
TheGrimSqueaker
Speaker of the House

Hodges seriously expect us to believe he has remained a Labour party member all this time? Meaningless posturing, as usual, from Hampstead Village's official Idiot. :lol!:
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Didn't he flounce off before, after the 2013 Syria vote?

The real point is, without an at least nominal claim to be "Labour" his useful idiot status is much reduced.

Expect him to announce he is (again) rejoining "to fight from within" before too long :roll: :D
TheGrimSqueaker
Speaker of the House

Piece up at the Graun about how Scotland's debt is expected to reach 50bn by 2020. The piece does have the odd dodgy assumption, but you can imagine the response BTL. Take popcorn!!! :popcorn:

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/201 ... bn-by-2020" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
yahyah
Prime Minister

Post by yahyah »

When was it Hodges set up his direct debit.... May or June 2015 ?

In/out, who gives a damn about what he does other than his Tory paymasters ?
He's probably just peed off that he wasn't 'purged', that would have earned him a Telegraph bonus.
TheGrimSqueaker
Speaker of the House

yahyah wrote:When was it Hodges set up his direct debit.... May or June 2015 ?

In/out, who gives a damn about what he does other than his Tory paymasters ?
He's probably just peed off that he wasn't 'purged', that would have earned him a Telegraph bonus.
Jamie Reed, apparently. He thinks we need people like Havisham Hodges; we only need him if we relish banging our head against brick walls.
ephemerid
Speaker of the House

Post by ephemerid »

I wonder.......

Will the Law of Unintended Consequences apply to the Hampstead Village Idiot?

The Torygraph - and its' deeply sinister owners - have probably kept him on so they can counter any accusations that they're, well, Tory.
Remember the kerfuffle when Peter Oborne left, having torn the paper, its' editorial staff, and its' owners, respective new ones?

Maybe they've hung on to Dan F****** Hodges so that they can pretend they're all open and even-handed and stuff.

Now he's flounced out of Labour (again/still/whatever) they won't need him any more, will they?

Go on. Sack him. I dares ya.
yahyah
Prime Minister

Post by yahyah »

Peter Jukes Retweeted
Sarah Reynolds ‏@Sarah__Reynolds Dec 11
The median wealth of people under 35 has dropped 68% since 1984. The median wealth of older Americans has increased 42%

I will admit maths is not my forte, but does this actually mean much ?
Is it apples and apples ?
Don't we need to know the range of the median, numbers involved.
Are the medians measuring the same ranges for both older & younger Americans groups ?
If older people were not that well off, they may be better now from a not so good start ?
Were the younger people better off to begin with ? What were the starting points ?
If the older group is smaller than the younger group does that make any impact ?

It allows a 'those miserable old b*****s have stolen our wealth' headline to wind up young people.
TobyLatimer
Chief Whip

Post by TobyLatimer »

ISIS twitter accounts linked to Department of Work and Pensions :o

I knew IDS was a wrong un.
ScreenShot01284.jpg
ScreenShot01284.jpg (133.74 KiB) Viewed 12410 times
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

He is a moron.
Amazing isn't it. It wasn't that long ago, poll after poll showed the majority voting for staying in.

Another shambolic cock-up in the making.
We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office. – Aesop
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Survation have shown a lead for Brexit previously - IIRC they are the only pollster to do so thus far?
TobyLatimer
Chief Whip

Post by TobyLatimer »

That's it, I've had enough. I have resigned from Dan Hodges.

Now I know the score
I don't need you anymore
Don't want you 'cause you're a bore

[youtube]PuIHuOLcg38[/youtube]
yahyah
Prime Minister

Post by yahyah »

From Toby's Mirror link:
It said the British government can have no control over how these addresses are used after the sale.

A Cabinet Office spokesperson said: "The government owns millions of unused IP addresses which we are selling to get a good return for hardworking taxpayers.
Those hardworking taxpayers again.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Isabel Hardman ‏@IsabelHardman 1h1 hour ago
Can Cameron convince people to trust him on the referendum? His supportive MPs are looking a bit nervy http://bit.ly/1O2qq9X" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
At the moment - no.
PaulfromYorkshire
Site Admin

Post by PaulfromYorkshire »

Re Hodges :lol:

Hi all ;-)
PaulfromYorkshire
Site Admin

Who is going to save Dave this time?

He simply doesn't know what to do when issues are "knife edge" because he doesn't hold a single belief. He got in this pickle in Scotland and needed Labour (in particular Brown) to save the day for him. As far as Dave is concerned, Europe is somewhere to go and posture while needing a pee, and that's about it.
yahyah
Prime Minister

Post by yahyah »

Welcome back Paul x.

& RR...the thought of 'what if' Labour lose Wales next year, and us leaving Europe...arghh.
TobyLatimer
Chief Whip

Post by TobyLatimer »

When someone applies for Universal Credit and tries to do it online, will they get through to a strange office in Raqqa ? A swift scary reply saying "get a job you lazy infidel scrounger" or will it be a right bastard like Duncan Smith ?
yahyah
Prime Minister

Post by yahyah »

PaulfromYorkshire wrote:Who is going to save Dave this time?

He simply doesn't know what to do when issues are "knife edge" because he doesn't hold a single belief. He got in this pickle in Scotland and needed Labour (in particular Brown) to save the day for him. As far as Dave is concerned, Europe is somewhere to go and posture while needing a pee, and that's about it.

Didn't one of the papers claim that he asks his aides 'what do I believe in' before he goes into an interview or conference ?
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

As I said, people really shouldn't worry too much over polls showing a small Brexit lead - that's not going to be enough to win it for them.

(on virtually all past experience, anyway)

Business and Labour/unions are what will - well, *should* - win it for the pro-EU side.
Last edited by AnatolyKasparov on Tue 15 Dec, 2015 1:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
danesclose
Whip

Post by danesclose »

TheGrimSqueaker wrote:Hodges seriously expect us to believe he has remained a Labour party member all this time? Meaningless posturing, as usual, from Hampstead Village's official Idiot. :lol!:
Someone once described him as the Kelvin Mackenzie of Hampstead Village
Proud to be part of The Indecent Minority.
PaulfromYorkshire
Site Admin

yahyah wrote:Welcome back Paul x.

& RR...the thought of 'what if' Labour lose Wales next year, and us leaving Europe...arghh.
Thanks yahyah. I haven't really been away, just too busy to read and think about politics, so not in a good place to post much (though that doesn't stop people on some other sites!).

I've always thought the EU had the potential to be Dave's downfall and frankly I'm amazed he's got away with it so far. As far as I can see he's got no chance of getting his four year benefit free period (thankfully), but I worry deeply what his response to that will be.

Presumably he can use it as an excuse to say he's now supporting exit, which doesn't bear thinking about.

Or will he use it as an excuse to further "level down" benefits for Brits? Which doesn't bear thinking about.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

AndrewSparrow ‏@AndrewSparrow 18m18 minutes ago
AndrewSparrow Retweeted Owen Jones
This is very good - Goes a long way to explaining why Corbyn coverage generating such extreme reaction

Owen JonesVerified account
‏@OwenJones84
The onslaught of our unfree media at Jeremy Corbyn makes a rational debate impossible. Me: http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfre ... ia-attacks" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; …
I'm still trying to understand what Sparrow means ....