Saturday 19th & Sunday 20th December

A home from home
Forum rules
Welcome to FTN. New posters are welcome to join the conversation. You can follow us on Twitter @FlythenestHaven You are responsible for the content you post. This is a public forum. Treat it as if you are speaking in a crowded room. Site admin and Moderators are volunteers who will respond as quickly as they are able to when made aware of any complaints. Please do not post copyrighted material without the original authors permission.
refitman
Site Admin

Saturday 19th & Sunday 20th December

Post by refitman »

Morning all.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Re: Saturday 19th & Sunday 20th December

Post by HindleA »

Morning,Richard Excell on the it is not a dialysis machine in your spare room but a perverse incentive to be in Stage 5 renal failure policy report.

http://touchstoneblog.org.uk/2015/12/be ... -it-would/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
yahyah
Prime Minister

Post by yahyah »

Angry mentioned Scott Nelson last night.

The Labour press team tweeted
Labour Press Team ‏@labourpress 10h10 hours ago
.@robfordmancs @JimmyRushmore @UKLabour the tweets are unacceptable and he has already been removed from the Party

Can't see much wrong with that, presumably he had been sent a letter or email to inform him.
Having read a book recently on discipline in the Labour party, albeit an old one, there are clear procedures before expulsion.

Looking at some of his old tweets, he is no loss to Labour- he should be in the BNP or one of those parties. Last year he tweeted 'And Tesco & M&S. They have Jewish blood.'
He also seems to have used a hammer & sickle next to his Twitter pic, not exactly a Labour support symbol.

Thurrock Momentum are crying foul. The issue about people like Danczuk is a separate one.
As a Labour member and someone who would like Corbyn to be given a chance, anti-Jewish utterings - as opposed to criticism of Israel government policies, are abhorrent and do the party no favours
PaulfromYorkshire
Site Admin

Post by PaulfromYorkshire »

Did anyone post this yesterday?

Never a better contender for a Groan Award

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/d ... s-brussels" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
David Cameron's savvy speech to EU leaders offers hope of referendum win
PM’s demands still stir strong resistance in some quarters but his persuasive performance at private dinner in Brussels raised confidence in an eventual deal
yahyah
Prime Minister

Post by yahyah »

Is Julian Glover back at the Guardian by any chance ?
The use of alliteration, adoration of Cameron, and purple prose-ishness look similar to his usual ouevre.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Iain Martin ‏@iainmartin1 26m26 minutes ago
Politics is lovely. P Hammond has been v loyal to Cam and Os. Wakes up to find papers full of Os-friendly briefings that he's expendable.
Working on the wild side.
utopiandreams
Speaker of the House

Post by utopiandreams »

PaulfromYorkshire wrote:Did anyone post this yesterday?

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/d ... s-brussels" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
PM’s demands still stir strong resistance in some quarters but his persuasive performance at private dinner in Brussels raised confidence in an eventual deal

Bloody hell, Paul, I could hardly believe what I read so had to leave a comment...
Quite some account, Ian, it must be difficult to judge the mood if as I suspect you don't speak the lingos. For such an unprecedented speech over dinner, I'm guessing you overlooked the extra supply of salt cellars. Each and every one of them must have been empty before Cameron had finished.
Now I'm tempted to see how it's reported by the foreign press. Tempted I say, no I certainly am going to but stuff to do, so shall have to be later.
I would close my eyes if I couldn't dream.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

utopiandreams wrote:
PaulfromYorkshire wrote:Did anyone post this yesterday?

Bloody hell, Paul, I could hardly believe what I read so had to leave a comment...
Quite some account, Ian, it must be difficult to judge the mood if as I suspect you don't speak the lingos. For such an unprecedented speech over dinner, I'm guessing you overlooked the extra supply of salt cellars. Each and every one of them must have been empty before Cameron had finished.
Now I'm tempted to see how it's reported by the foreign press. Tempted I say, no I certainly am going to but stuff to do, so shall have to be later.
horrible unwanted images in my mind. Things Cameron are never going to be the same since that book was published.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

As a very early wish for 2016 - please let Sadiq Khan become Mayor of London - it would be good for so many reasons.

(I will have other wishes for 2016 - plenty of them - not least about Wales and the Assembly, wildlife and environmental protection but this is the one that refuses to go away today.)
utopiandreams
Speaker of the House

Post by utopiandreams »

@RobertSnozers

Classic! To everybody else please follow Robert's youtube link. Emojis or acronyms do not do it justice.
I would close my eyes if I couldn't dream.
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Post by AnatolyKasparov »

The Day Today was a wonderful programme, British TV at its best. Unfortunately, much of our media seemed to think it was an instruction manual rather than satire :twisted:
"IS TONTY BLAIR BEHIND THIS???!!!!111???!!!"
Willow904
Prime Minister

Post by Willow904 »

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2015/12 ... 1450522018" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Tensions at Ukip HQ are continuing to simmer as the party’s chairman has urged the party's only MP to keep his "very unhelpful" public calls for a change of leadership behind closed doors.
Farage has a carefully honed technique, aided and abetted by the media, for peaking in popularity for the EU elections, in order to get as many Ukip MEPs riding the Brussel's gravy train as possible. I sometimes doubt his sincerity in his wish for the UK to leave the EU. I wonder if Carswell does too?
"Fall seven times, get up eight" - Japanese proverb
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Willow904 wrote:http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2015/12 ... 1450522018
Tensions at Ukip HQ are continuing to simmer as the party’s chairman has urged the party's only MP to keep his "very unhelpful" public calls for a change of leadership behind closed doors.
Farage has a carefully honed technique, aided and abetted by the media, for peaking in popularity for the EU elections, in order to get as many Ukip MEPs riding the Brussel's gravy train as possible. I sometimes doubt his sincerity in his wish for the UK to leave the EU. I wonder if Carswell does too?
If the UK does leave the EU (I know it's a big if) what then is the point of Ukip?
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

rebeccariots2 wrote:
If the UK does leave the EU (I know it's a big if) what then is the point of Ukip?
Right wing populism?
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

AnatolyKasparov wrote:
rebeccariots2 wrote:
Right wing populism?
Won't the Tories be claiming that one?
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

Post by RogerOThornhill »

rebeccariots2 wrote: If the UK does leave the EU (I know it's a big if) what then is the point of Ukip?
I've long been of the opinion that whichever way the vote goes - UKIP are finished.

Leave - they have their wish. That is the only issue that separates them from other parties
Stay - they're finished. There won't be another vote in our lifetime.
If I'm not here, then I'll be in the library. Or the other library.
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

rebeccariots2 wrote:
AnatolyKasparov wrote:
rebeccariots2 wrote: If the UK does leave the EU (I know it's a big if) what then is the point of Ukip?
Right wing populism?
Won't the Tories be claiming that one?
They would like to, but there will always be tensions between that and many of their "establishment" backers. Cameron personifies this in a way.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

TORY MP ACCUSED OF ‘BULLYING’ RESIGNED AS COUNCILLOR OVER TREATMENT OF HER HEALTH ISSUES
Lucy Allan under fire after damning recordings released

http://www.sunnation.co.uk/tory-mp-accu ... th-issues/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
It really makes me question the way the Tories select their candidates if ... as this states ... the party had known she was 'trouble'. It adds to the murky revelations about Clarke being on and off their candidate / permitted colleague list.

The additional note at the end of the article is priceless:
Ms Allan was not available for comment having disconnected the phone in her Westminster Office
Perhaps someone from CCHQ got in there and cut the line before she could make anymore damaging phone calls.
yahyah
Prime Minister

Post by yahyah »

Dreadful weather again here RR. Wall to wall rain and wind.
Imagine not much better for you.
yahyah
Prime Minister

Post by yahyah »

''The Tory MP accused of sacking her “stressed” aide, herself resigned as a councillor in 2012 saying her bosses had failed to treat her mental health issues fairly.''

That's typical Tory though. Want something for themselves but don't want it allowed for others.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

yahyah wrote:Dreadful weather again here RR. Wall to wall rain and wind.
Sigh of resignation. Bad enough for me to have been cleaning the bathroom....
yahyah
Prime Minister

Post by yahyah »

Just half listening to Any Questions.

The panel is , quoted from the BBC website ''Labour MP Kate Hoey, Conservative MP and Chair of the Public Administration Committee Bernard Jenkin, Chair of the European Movement Laura Sandys and the Chair of Business for New Europe Roland Rudd.

That is Laura Sandys who is a Tory, and was Tory MP for South Thanet 2010-2015.
So two Tories on the show, although the BBC is shy of telling people.
That BBC left wing bias again.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

yahyah wrote:Just half listening to Any Questions.

The panel is , quoted from the BBC website ''Labour MP Kate Hoey, Conservative MP and Chair of the Public Administration Committee Bernard Jenkin, Chair of the European Movement Laura Sandys and the Chair of Business for New Europe Roland Rudd.

That is Laura Sandys who is a Tory, and was Tory MP for South Thanet 2010-2015.
So two Tories on the show, although the BBC is shy of telling people.
That BBC left wing bias again.

It's two Tories and two Labour bods tbf yahyah. They've got an In and Out of Europe rep for each party.
yahyah
Prime Minister

Post by yahyah »

Is Roland Rudd Labour :oops: ? Should be thankful no Kippers.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

yahyah wrote:Is Roland Rudd Labour ? Should be thankful no Kippers.
Apparently so ... used to do something in the Blair administration.
yahyah
Prime Minister

Post by yahyah »

So two Blairites then ...am clutching at straws now !
ephemerid
Speaker of the House

Post by ephemerid »

Shopping done, presents wrapped, job jobbed.

Daughter and nearly son coming tomorrow; looking forward to that. Open house to all comers, as we always do every year.

Then celebrating Solstice Monday/Tuesday; then a week of doing nothing involving shops/whatever and relaxing in pace and quiet.....

Well, that's the plan.

I have 4 words for Lucy Allan - Pot, Kettle, Prat, Resign.
"Poverty is the worst form of violence" - Mahatma Gandhi
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Bring on Solstice Monday / Tuesday. Really need that marker of the shift towards more hours of light.
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

rebeccariots2 wrote:
yahyah wrote:Dreadful weather again here RR. Wall to wall rain and wind.
Sigh of resignation. Bad enough for me to have been cleaning the bathroom....
OMG !!! :shock: That bad?
We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office. – Aesop
Willow904
Prime Minister

Post by Willow904 »

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CWlHrvsWwAA2-Ej.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

This Lucy Allan thing is getting a bit serious. The above link is to a letter tweeted by Telford Labour Party, followed by the below:
Untitled.png
Untitled.png (35.34 KiB) Viewed 7739 times
"Fall seven times, get up eight" - Japanese proverb
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Willow904 wrote:https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CWlHrvsWwAA2-Ej.jpg

This Lucy Allan thing is getting a bit serious. The above link is to a letter tweeted by Telford Labour Party, followed by the below:
Untitled.png
Not surprised. It's a good and, IMO, necessary letter. She can't say / write the kinds of things she did and then not produce any evidence to support her assertions. Deleting a post isn't good enough - the damage is out there.
TobyLatimer
Chief Whip

Post by TobyLatimer »

Refugees are taken on £100,000 jollies to zoos, THEME PARKS and even to the beach to help them 'integrate' into British life... and guess who's paying for it all

'Furious campaigners say it has made 'Britain look more like Butlins'
ScreenShot01325.jpg
ScreenShot01325.jpg (164.87 KiB) Viewed 7721 times
CWmAVXQWIAQn9o7.jpg
CWmAVXQWIAQn9o7.jpg (144.26 KiB) Viewed 7721 times
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

rebeccariots2 wrote:Bring on Solstice Monday / Tuesday. Really need that marker of the shift towards more hours of light.

Oh please make it quick!!!!!
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Otto English ‏@Otto_English 1h1 hour ago
As both the year and UKIP reach their ends I think it's time for a trip down memory lane

First this classic from ex NF activist Victoria Ayling who pondered what will happen when renewables run out #ukip
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/po ... 57008.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; …

Then there was that time UKIP candidate Jack Sen suggested Ed Miliband was a member of a shadowy global elite
http://gu.com/p/483jv/stw" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

And finally that time Janice tried to cheat a receipt so she could "repatriate EU money" to her and UKIP's pocjets
http://gu.com/p/49znn" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Proudly British anti European Janice Atkinson then went and joined the French Front National proving beyond all doubt that satire is dead.
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

yahyah wrote:So two Blairites then ...am clutching at straws now !
Kate Hoey is many things, but "Blairite" is stretching it a bit ;)

She is a genuine maverick, actually sympathetic to Jez on some matters.
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

George Aylett ‏@GeorgeAylett Dec 14

Labour are now debt free because of Corbyn - we've made more money because of the membership *doubling* since June.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Andy Slaughter MP ‏@hammersmithandy 1m1 minute ago
Two-bed flats on Goldhawk Road in Shepherds Bush from 'only' £700,000. Madness.
He's right. And this doesn't really look like a 'luxury' development from the pic. No doubt Cameron and co would welcome this as somehow affordable. When I first moved to London - Goldhawk Rd was a close stomping ground and it wasn't 'aspirational'. My sis lives just off it now ... how times have changed.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

ohsocynical wrote:George Aylett ‏@GeorgeAylett Dec 14

Labour are now debt free because of Corbyn - we've made more money because of the membership *doubling* since June.
And yet the politics round up on Radio 4 this morning was still going on about the supposedly large number of members leaving.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Jon Trickett ‏@jon_trickett 1h1 hour ago
Jon Trickett Retweeted Dr Ben White
This is beautiful. No wonder the tories hate the nhs - it's central ethos is mutuality in the place of selfishness

Dr Ben White
‏@ProtocoIDriven
@jon_trickett help us Jon, " onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; … - http://nhsno1.com/download" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
[youtube]T8qHXlShfUQ[/youtube]

Made me cry. I must be coming out in sympathy with the weather ...
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

Have just seen a trailer for Donald Trump on a chat show...Has anyone noticed he has a 'prissy', mouth?
Tubby Isaacs
Prime Minister

Post by Tubby Isaacs »

I see the government released 380 documents on the last day of the legislative session.

Remember when Don Foster was giving his reasons for not wanting Jeremy Hunt referred to the Ministerial Code arbiter? One of the reasons was that in 2008, Labour had released 30 documents on the last day of a session.
yahyah
Prime Minister

Post by yahyah »

Peter Jukes ‏@peterjukes 33s33 seconds ago
Zelo Street: Natalie Rowe And The Independent http://zelo-street.blogspot.com/2015/12 ... ndent.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; … via @zelo_street

Haven't read it yet, but spotted the words Osborne & charlie !
yahyah
Prime Minister

Post by yahyah »

Unless I imagined it, there were allegations on Twitter a while ago.
Not sure why all the tabloids would be avoiding the story, obviously the Murdoch press would be but the Mirror would surely run with it, or even the Telegraph.

Unless the story doesn't stand up, can't be proven ?
It certainly wouldn't help the Tory sleaze situation if true.
TobyLatimer
Chief Whip

Post by TobyLatimer »

ScreenShot01326.jpg
ScreenShot01326.jpg (54.82 KiB) Viewed 7527 times
yahyah
Prime Minister

Post by yahyah »

& Jimmy Hill has died.
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

ha.jpg
ha.jpg (93.54 KiB) Viewed 7510 times
I hope everyone has finished their tea...
yahyah
Prime Minister

Post by yahyah »

There's been a good welcome in Aberystwyth for the eleven Syrian refugees who arrived this week.

http://www.ceredigion.gov.uk/English/Re ... ugees.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
yahyah
Prime Minister

Post by yahyah »

OMG OhSo. That was horrific.
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

Post by RogerOThornhill »

I noticed there was a letter from academics about freedom of speech at universities that also ended up the subject of an article on the front page of the DT this morning. I'm always intrigued by these chain letters to see the signatories to try and work out the connections. So...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/comment/lett ... mbers.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The first and the final signatories are the key to this:

So...contributor to Spiked (successor to LM/Living Marxism), ex-key member of the Revolutionary Communist Party and at University of Kent.

https://www.kent.ac.uk/sspssr/staff/ehv ... frank.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

What about Joanna Williams? Besides being Education editor of Spiked she is...

Well I never...University of Kent. As is Phillip Cunliffe - the only one of the signatories to actually admit to being there.

Any other contributers to Spiked?

http://www.spiked-online.com/newsite/au ... is%20Hayes" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.spiked-online.com/newsite/au ... l%20Hudson" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.spiked-online.com/newsite/au ... %20Butcher" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.spiked-online.com/newsite/au ... Ecclestone" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

And there's been several articles about Maryam Namazie in the last few months.

http://www.spiked-online.com/newsite/se ... 0e3a99b4a/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Funny how a cursory reading of the list makes it look like some random unconnected academics...one mention of Kent and one of Spiked.

I'm not saying they're wrong to highlight this issue but these people have an agenda so it'd be nice if they weren't so coy about the connections between the signatories.

If I'm not here, then I'll be in the library. Or the other library.
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

yahyah wrote:OMG OhSo. That was horrific.
:lol: :lol: :lol: