Wednesday 20th January 2016

A home from home
Forum rules
Welcome to FTN. New posters are welcome to join the conversation. You can follow us on Twitter @FlythenestHaven You are responsible for the content you post. This is a public forum. Treat it as if you are speaking in a crowded room. Site admin and Moderators are volunteers who will respond as quickly as they are able to when made aware of any complaints. Please do not post copyrighted material without the original authors permission.
utopiandreams
Speaker of the House

Wednesday 20th January 2016

Post by utopiandreams »

Good morning but unfortunately not for all.
HindleA wrote:http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liv ... d-10754024

Bedroom Tax victory: Brain damaged ex-footballer in Rocket flyover fall beats hated Tory policy
I followed your link, A, and also spotted this case, Brutality of the Bedroom Tax exposed in disgraceful images of disabled Merseyside man driven from home (http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liv ... ul-9911421). It's difficult to select an individual quote as its all so tragic and unnecessary, but perhaps this highlights its banality.
And in a final insult, their old home is now occupied by an elderly couple who are exempt from the tax while Rob and his family have been forced to move THREE times.

Rob suffers from cerebral palsy , epilepsy, double incontinence and has a mental age of four.

He lived in his family’s four-bedroom home for 24 years and the local council spent £70,000 adapting it.
I note the family turned to their MP for help but notice no mention of IDS or Cameron. I cannot believe they haven't been approached about similar cases but their belief shall always trump anecdote as in their eyes it is not real life.

As I've said before, whenever I think of Cameron and his lies at the dispatch box about the disabled and the Bedroom Tax, I am always reminded that my late wife and I never contemplated claiming DLA for our infant daughter (until she was older and a full year after my wife's stroke), whereas pig-fucker had no such qualms.

I personally don't know anyone affected by the under-occupancy penalty and neither would it have applied to us but it does not make it any less real. I'm grateful that my wife is no longer with us to suffer the indignities that this government imposes although I still have concerns for my daughter.
I would close my eyes if I couldn't dream.
StephenDolan
First Secretary of State

Re: Wednesday 20th January 2016

Post by StephenDolan »

Morning all.

It's Alastair Campbell's turn today to pen a couple of articles on the state of Labour. We are all members of the bubble apparently, as we take an interest in politics.

Alastair Campbell: fallout from Iraq war to blame for rise of 'unelectable' Corbyn

http://gu.com/p/4gx65" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
utopiandreams
Speaker of the House

Post by utopiandreams »

I'm sorry to go on but am so angry about cases like the above and the fact that Cameron is such a liar at the dispatch box. What words would he have for Rob Tomlinson should he be able to pose him a question at PMQs? No doubt ones of 'discretionary' payments albeit temporary. Well I have some words for you, pig-fucker, DLA for your late son may have been a right in a welfare state but you could have exercised discretion yourself, since in your view the country could ill afford it after tax avoidance engineered by your own father for example and enabled by your idol, Maggie (http://www.theguardian.com/politics/201 ... tax-havens).

Edit: inserted 'in a welfare state' plus the final link after HindleA's response and deciding to post at the G, it being PMQs today.
Last edited by utopiandreams on Wed 20 Jan, 2016 8:05 am, edited 2 times in total.
I would close my eyes if I couldn't dream.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

#UD

It was too complicated to outline exemptions in such cases was the spiel,hogwash of course,councils have,or should have such information,there is a Dis.Red.for CT,easilly applied for decades.We could have had that for some years,only applying when being subject to CT again.Similarly,my better half could have assessed benefits/allowances throughout her too short life,like most people and contrary to the propaganda only doing so when having to.The entitlement culture exists but it is theirs.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

Pity the British Gas engineer that has to put up with my company throughout the day.Rock and Roll lifestyle of the Rich and (not)famous.Power flush to get rid of sludge-if only.
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

Post by RogerOThornhill »

Morning all.

Commons edu committee report on regional Schools Commissioners out overnight.

The 24 recommendations in the Regional Schools Commissioner report – and what they really mean

http://schoolsweek.co.uk/the-24-recomme ... ally-mean/

To summarise:

Set up in a rush
Has wrong regional structure - London needs its own one instead of being split into three.
Opaque
No-one knows what they do
Head teacher boards aren't only head teachers
Lack of consistency between them

and best of all.
1. There should be a clearer description of the national schools commissioner role. Frank Green was the first commissioner – he made it his mission to ‘promote’ academies. David Carter, previously a regional commissioner, has just taken over the role. He wants to do likewise. The committee are not convinced about the role, though. (I suspect because paying £140k per year for a PR-spokesperson isn’t great value for money). They want to meet the new one and get some clarity.
Well quite. All he ever did was to say "Aren't academies great? Let's have more! In fact, just get used to the fact that you're going to be an academy whether you like it or not"
If I'm not here, then I'll be in the library. Or the other library.
StephenDolan
First Secretary of State

Post by StephenDolan »

RogerOThornhill wrote:Morning all.

Commons edu committee report on regional Schools Commissioners out overnight.

The 24 recommendations in the Regional Schools Commissioner report – and what they really mean

http://schoolsweek.co.uk/the-24-recomme ... ally-mean/

To summarise:

Set up in a rush
Has wrong regional structure - London needs its own one instead of being split into three.
Opaque
No-one knows what they do
Head teacher boards aren't only head teachers
Lack of consistency between them

and best of all.
1. There should be a clearer description of the national schools commissioner role. Frank Green was the first commissioner – he made it his mission to ‘promote’ academies. David Carter, previously a regional commissioner, has just taken over the role. He wants to do likewise. The committee are not convinced about the role, though. (I suspect because paying £140k per year for a PR-spokesperson isn’t great value for money). They want to meet the new one and get some clarity.
Well quite. All he ever did was to say "Aren't academies great? Let's have more! In fact, just get used to the fact that you're going to be an academy whether you like it or not"
They sound marvelous after I caught Humphrys' interview on Today.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2016 ... ors-houses" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Asylum seekers in north-east claim they are identifiable by red doors on houses

April 2013
http://www.publications.parliament.uk/p ... ASY-45.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
" Relationships with the neighbourhood.
Despite instructions in the Compass document about reducing the possibility of conflict in the neighbourhood, the landlord has painted the doors of each of their properties housing asylum seekers red."
StephenDolan
First Secretary of State

Post by StephenDolan »

HindleA wrote:http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2016 ... ors-houses

April 2013
http://www.publications.parliament.uk/p ... ASY-45.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Despite instructions in the Compass document about reducing the possibility of conflict in the neighbourhood, the landlord has painted the doors of each of their properties housing asylum seekers red."
Thanks for that HindleA.

"Despite instructions in the Compass document about reducing the possibility of conflict in the neighbourhood, the landlord has painted the doors of each of their properties housing asylum seekers red. This clearly says “this is where asylum seekers live”. It should be part of the contract that such clearly outwardly visible signs should not be allowed by housing providers."
It's from April 2013. Shocking.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

Saw it on twitter-Alex Baker
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

Good morfternoon.

To pick up on the asylum seekers story (red front doors) -

James Brokenshire, the immigration minister, ordered an inquiry after the Times found asylum seekers in Middlesbrough claiming their distinctive accommodation was making them targets for abuse.

“I expect the highest standards from our contractors." [he said].

The properties investigated by the newspaper are run by Jomast, a subcontractor for G4S, which holds the asylum contract for the north-east.(Guardian - my emphasis)
Well, James Brokenshire, did the name "G4S" not ring any bells?

Edited to remove a stray "i"
StephenDolan
First Secretary of State

Post by StephenDolan »

High levels of employment, that'd be high levels of Income tax receipts and low in work based benefits bills? Quality jobs and all that jazz?
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

StephenDolan wrote:
HindleA wrote:http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2016 ... ors-houses

April 2013
Thanks for that HindleA.

"Despite instructions in the Compass document about reducing the possibility of conflict in the neighbourhood, the landlord has painted the doors of each of their properties housing asylum seekers red. This clearly says “this is where asylum seekers live”. It should be part of the contract that such clearly outwardly visible signs should not be allowed by housing providers."
It's from April 2013. Shocking.
Let's paint all our doors red.

Good-morning.
gilsey
Prime Minister

Post by gilsey »

All Jomast's properties have red doors and about a third-half of them are occupied by asylum seekers, I think that's the story. Middlesbrough being the destination of choice because town centre property is so cheap.

About ten years ago a young work experience person in our office was complaining about all the asylum seekers in the town, I asked her how she knew they were asylum seekers, they don't have it tattooed on their foreheads. Always been plenty of ignorant people about.
One world, like it or not - John Martyn
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Paul Waugh ‏@paulwaugh 10m10 minutes ago
Govt in panic stations over @LadyBasildon TU Bill motion? Nick Boles hosting an 'open session' for Peers at lunch-time to discuss it.
Working on the wild side.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

The Labour PartyVerified account
‏@UKLabour
TEASER: @jeremycorbyn and Labour’s new Party Broadcast, released tomorrow. Join our journey: http://bit.ly/1nvXsts" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
danesclose
Whip

Post by danesclose »

gilsey wrote:All Jomast's properties have red doors and about a third-half of them are occupied by asylum seekers, I think that's the story. Middlesbrough being the destination of choice because town centre property is so cheap.

About ten years ago a young work experience person in our office was complaining about all the asylum seekers in the town, I asked her how she knew they were asylum seekers, they don't have it tattooed on their foreheads. Always been plenty of ignorant people about.
Morning all. Was reading about this on the Gazette web site via a Middlesbrough FC forum. Apparently some of the asylum seekers painted their doors different colours. They were told to paint them red again!
Proud to be part of The Indecent Minority.
StephenDolan
First Secretary of State

Post by StephenDolan »

rebeccariots2 wrote:
Govt in panic stations over @LadyBasildon TU Bill motion? Nick Boles hosting an 'open session' for Peers at lunch-time to discuss it.
Any chance of a refresher about this please :smile:
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

Word Origin & History
asylum early 15th century, from Latin asylum "sanctuary,"
from Greek asylon "refuge," noun use of neut. of asylos
"inviolable, safe from violence," from a- "without" + syle
"right of seizure." So literally, "an inviolable place."
Asylum is a beautiful word describing a search for peace, safety - let's all request some.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Steve Ford
‏@SteveJFord
NICE experts called for staff ratios in now cancelled A&E guidance, reveals leak http://www.nursingtimes.net/news/workfo ... ntID=18932" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; … More good work by @ShaunLintern
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

StephenDolan wrote:
rebeccariots2 wrote:
Any chance of a refresher about this please :smile:
I will keep my eye out for more news on it. Presume Lady Basildon has whipped up a good cross party peer motion to put a damper on the Tories anti TU bill.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

This is how bad it is.
It will hurt like hell if Newcastle's Citizens Advice bureau shuts down
Mary O'Hara
Advice services are crucial in the north east – the region worst hit by austerity – yet a major city branch faces closure due to council cuts

http://www.theguardian.com/public-leade ... uncil-cuts" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
... A few weeks ago, Shona Alexander, chief executive of the Newcastle bureau, went public when it became clear that on top of a 20% cut in vital council funding from 2011, a further 60% reduction has been scheduled for 2016-17 and 100% (£260,000) for 2017-18 . Having looked at the council’s proposals, the charity’s board explained that the service would be untenable without this bedrock cash.

“It looks like ours will be the biggest budget cut of any [CAB] in the country,” Alexander said. “We know the council is under enormous budget pressure but this is really shortsighted. This would be devastating for the people who rely on our services. In the past few years we have had higher demand because of referrals from other agencies, such as jobcentres. They send clients to us when they no longer have the resources.”

Ironically, Alexander pointed out, one of the biggest problems Citizens Advice has been seeing recently is council tax arrears following cuts to council tax benefits.

What’s at stake in Newcastle is the closure of a local service that appears to provide exceptional value for money and performs essential preventative work that eases pressure on, and saves cash for, statutory services in the long run...
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

LabourLordsUK Verified account
‏@LabourLordsUK
#TUBill @LadyBasildon motion to set up HoL Select Committee to consider impact of party funding clauses will be debated from 3.30pm today

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Findings come amid calls for Trade Union Bill to form part of a comprehensive party funding reform deal

Statement from the Electoral Reform Society
For immediate release, 20th January 2016

"Ahead of a major Parliamentary showdown on the Trade Union Bill, the Electoral Reform Society has released new polling showing that 77% of the public believe big donors have too much influence on political parties.

The findings come ahead of a motion in the House of Lords on Wednesday to make the Trade Union Bill – which is expected to result in a £6m per year cut to Labour’s income – form part of a cross-party deal on party funding reform, rather than just affecting Labour.

The Electoral Reform Society is calling on Peers to back the motion to set up a cross-party committee on the Trade Union Bill, so that it can form part of a new settlement on party finances across the board. The motion is backed by Liberal Democrat and Labour Peers and is likely to be backed by a large number of cross-benchers.

There is growing appetite for reforming the way parties are funded, and you can see this among people from across the political spectrum. Measures in the Trade Union Bill to ensure union members have to ‘opt in’ to pay into political funds could form part of a fresh settlement.

However, by targeting Labour and not tackling the issue in the round, the Government is risking decades of parties indulging in tit-for-tat raids on each other’s sources of funds. We need all parties to get around the table and deal with this once and for all. There is no other way of finding a sustainable solution and avoiding accusations of constitutional gerrymandering.

Now is the time for all parties to get to grips with the mess that is Britain’s party funding system. The fact is that Labour is seen by the public to be at the behest of barons, and the Tories at the behest of bankers. All parties need to tackle the big donor culture which makes party funding an arms race rather than an open democratic process.

We therefore urge Peers to get behind Wednesday’s motion to set up a cross-party committee on the party funding elements of the Trade Union Bill.”

http://electoral-reform.org.uk/press-re ... ce-parties" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

"The fact is that Labour is seen by the public to be at the behest of barons..."?
gilsey
Prime Minister

Post by gilsey »

citizenJA wrote:"The fact is that Labour is seen by the public to be at the behest of barons..."?
Shorthand for Len McCluskey.
StephenDolan
First Secretary of State

Post by StephenDolan »

citizenJA wrote:"The fact is that Labour is seen by the public to be at the behest of barons..."?
No footnotes linked to those "facts".
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

Post by RogerOThornhill »

StephenDolan wrote:
I've learnt over many years that when anyone says "the fact is" you can be certain that's nothing of the sort.
If I'm not here, then I'll be in the library. Or the other library.
StephenDolan
First Secretary of State

Post by StephenDolan »

RogerOThornhill wrote:
StephenDolan wrote:
I've learnt over many years that when anyone says "the fact is" you can be certain that's nothing of the sort.
The fact is what you've said is completely true. FACT!! ;)
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Post by AnatolyKasparov »

Its their attempt at appearing "fair and balanced".
"IS TONTY BLAIR BEHIND THIS???!!!!111???!!!"
seeingclearly
Speaker of the House

Post by seeingclearly »

StephenDolan wrote:
And the whole country isn't in the grip of the worst robber barons of modern time? Corbyn already dealt with that question on the Marr show, but why the fuck aren't there any of these kind of accusations against IDS, Grayling, Gidiot and the fishpointer himself, not to mention the sevaral enobled barons in the Lords who have all but destroyed the fundamentals of our society.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
seeingclearly
Speaker of the House

Post by seeingclearly »

oh, forgive me the typos, I just lost a long post, and have been editing, but can't do anything right. Apologies to all those who I know feel it matters, I'll desist for a while, and spare any frustration.
seeingclearly
Speaker of the House

Post by seeingclearly »

HindleA wrote:
Ta. Laughs aside thats exactly what it feels like, dogs dinner and all. Daily.

Ah well, had a great story about our local niquab wearing lassies, and a poignant question about what it happening to what used to be called SEN, my lovely little neighbour, ten at the most appears to have dyslexic type difficulties, I am only too familiar with, she is as bright as a button and articulate but pretty sure she isn't statemented, but should be. Or have they an edict to cure such things now? My youngest who notoriously has the most persistent and intractable dysgraphia was impressed by this little 'uns Christmas card, he has never come across anyone whose writing approaches his own for unintelligibility. The whole family speak English, pretty well, and as an aside have been cutting my grass for me for two years now, so I guess they don't fit the narrative, don't know anyone who soes though I did, a dozen years or so ago encounter an Afghani refugee who had virtually no English, poor chap, though he looked to be a fast learner. And was earning his keep, having got leave to stay.
refitman
Site Admin

Post by refitman »

@seeingclearly -

I never have any issues understanding your posts.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

http://24dash.com/news/housing/2016-01- ... able-homes" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Opinion: The Tories’ Housing Bill sounds the death knell for genuinely affordable homes

John Healey
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Post by AnatolyKasparov »

It appears that at PMQs today, Corbyn took the advice of some observers and devoted all his questions to one topic. Cameron still didn't answer them, though.
"IS TONTY BLAIR BEHIND THIS???!!!!111???!!!"
StephenDolan
First Secretary of State

Post by StephenDolan »

AnatolyKasparov wrote:It appears that at PMQs today, Corbyn took the advice of some observers and devoted all his questions to one topic. Cameron still didn't answer them, though.
Variations on a theme. Just caught up with it and it was a reasonable listen. Plenty of ammunition for other Labour MPs to follow up with in any news interviews.
Willow904
Prime Minister

Post by Willow904 »

AnatolyKasparov wrote:It appears that at PMQs today, Corbyn took the advice of some observers and devoted all his questions to one topic. Cameron still didn't answer them, though.
Student loans versus bursuries.

Corbyn missed a good opportunity to make the main point. Cameron happily boasted that those who don't earn more than 35,000 a year, don't have to pay all their loan back, turning the loan into, in fact, a bursary funded by the government. Allowing higher fees costs taxpayers, allowing more students to study costs taxpayers. If we already have more people with degrees than we need, is allowing more people to study and only get low paid employment good value for money? I appreciate Corbyn can't get all this across in pmqs, but it would have been good if he had some independent analysis of the sustainability of the Coalitions higher fees as it has been criticised as being less sustainable than Labour's loan system with lower fees.
"Fall seven times, get up eight" - Japanese proverb
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Who says Britons don't want to work? Computer game shop owner shocked when 150 people turned up to apply for four minimum wage jobs
The applicants queued up outside CeX, Northampton, on Friday morning
Vying for four full-time sales jobs, paying from £3.87 to £6.70 an hour
The store buys, sells and exchanges games and electrical devices
Branch has now chosen successful hopefuls after sifting through 109 CVs

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... l#comments" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
It's the £3.87 an hour I find the most upsetting about that. Regardless of age - who can survive on that? Why is it OK to pay under 25s less than others for doing the same job? This is rhetorical - I know it's the Tory way - but it really sucks.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Robert Peston ‏@Peston 45m45 minutes ago
Hugely important story on how big money bought social media clout for Tories in election http://www.buzzfeed.com/jimwaterson/how ... rts-in-run" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; … @BuzzFeedUKPol
Willow904
Prime Minister

Post by Willow904 »

rebeccariots2 wrote:
Who says Britons don't want to work? Computer game shop owner shocked when 150 people turned up to apply for four minimum wage jobs

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... l#comments" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
It's the £3.87 an hour I find the most upsetting about that. Regardless of age - who can survive on that? Why is it OK to pay under 25s less than others for doing the same job? This is rhetorical - I know it's the Tory way - but it really sucks.
The minimum wage for 18 - 20 year olds is 5.30, so the 3.87 is an error. No under-18 should be able to take a full-time job anymore because they should be in full time education. Indeed, the raising of the school leaving age, may have helped the unemployment figures a little, but probably not much.
"Fall seven times, get up eight" - Japanese proverb
seeingclearly
Speaker of the House

Post by seeingclearly »

Willow904 wrote:
Student loans versus bursuries.

Corbyn missed a good opportunity to make the main point. Cameron happily boasted that those who don't earn more than 35,000 a year, don't have to pay all their loan back, turning the loan into, in fact, a bursary funded by the government. Allowing higher fees costs taxpayers, allowing more students to study costs taxpayers. If we already have more people with degrees than we need, is allowing more people to study and only get low paid employment good value for money? I appreciate Corbyn can't get all this across in pmqs, but it would have been good if he had some independent analysis of the sustainability of the Coalitions higher fees as it has been criticised as being less sustainable than Labour's loan system with lower fees.
I do believe he is not patronising people by telling them what to think but rather leaving enough room for them to work it out themselves. PMQs should not be about leaders winning, it should be a way of letting the public see whether government is doing the job of governing in the way that is needed. If the public cannot work out things for themselves without being heavily nudged then we are lost in terms of functioning democracy anyway. The odious one looks more of a charlatan with this approach, and even the media is starting to weary of his bombastic lying.
gilsey
Prime Minister

Post by gilsey »

He made it perfectly clear that he didn't care, which is an answer of sorts.

His responses are so predictable, I do think Corbyn could weave them in to his questions a bit more.
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

How The Tories Spent £1.2 Million On Facebook Adverts In Run-Up To Election

The Conservatives massively outspent Labour on unregulated online advertising during the election, targeting marginal seats.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/jimwaterson/how ... .ofz67lqr0
We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office. – Aesop
StephenDolan
First Secretary of State

Post by StephenDolan »

gilsey wrote:
He made it perfectly clear that he didn't care, which is an answer of sorts.

His responses are so predictable, I do think Corbyn could weave them in to his questions a bit more.
I hope there's plenty of planning going into the tight, aggressive, lines to nail the Tories when we have the inevitable recession.
seeingclearly
Speaker of the House

Post by seeingclearly »

rebeccariots2 wrote:

Sadly that is another question Frank field was not prepared to take on. As this education till 18 thing has not really taken off yet it means that our non university attending young people can expect nine years of this nonsense AND expect to be poorly housed till the age of 35 if they haven't managed to snap up those abundant well paid jobs. A total of nineteen years of youth being held to some arbitrary conditionality based upon artificially induced inequality and lack of housing. Nobody can survive on that and manage it alone. And without work the picture is even grimmer. Which is why so many are disappearing off the rolls, families are doing what they can, because tbh once you've paid your travel and seen that you have appropriate work clothes there is FA to live on. But what happens when families take the strain of temporary insecure work or none, and these young people are not getting credited with NI ? What happens to young carers who are not getting CA ? So many ways it is wrong. I lost a partner in neurological crime just after Christmas, a wonderful friend, it has left me wondering what would happen if the same happened to me, I am not being morbid but practical, because without my support my young carer would have no safety net, and its an issue I have to somehow prepare for so he is not left in the shit. My friend was someone who had shared a fifteen year journey into aging and the things it brings, she is no longer there to help me mull things over. She was a much brighter flame than me, and burned at both ends, being all movement and quick energy against my slowness and immobility, she would have been a safety net herself and was for many people. I miss everything about her, but cannot be sad because really she had had enough of her rollercoaster life and was ready to go.So I am left wondering about those young people who are left on their own, we do know one, it has been awful to see his hopes disappear and how unsupported he has been, and I guess there are many. Well I had better go now, simetimes things get a bit too close to the bone, and at least we are for now housed and warm, and as secure as we can be, there are plenty who aren't and people in more difficulty and distress one way or another. But it would be nice to know that the world we will leave will be a better place not a worse one. For the next generations. I thought thats what it was all about. I'll go now because dwelling on that question really would be morbid.
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

StephenDolan wrote:
RogerOThornhill wrote:
StephenDolan wrote: No footnotes linked to those "facts".
The fact is what you've said is completely true. FACT!! ;)
Thank you, everyone for responding. I'm reassured it's not just me.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

@seeingclearly

The biggest gentlest hug I can possible give you via FTN.
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

There's a large on-line presence today, including guests, I see.
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

On Twitter someone asked how many well off people's children would become nurses. The answer of course is few if any.
Someone else said well how would the NHS carry on with a shortage of nurses to train.

It seems pretty simple to me.

Branson and his ilk take over. Recruit abroad for already trained nurses. Pay them more than they'd get in their own country, but less than they'd have to pay an English nurse.
Have them all on contract. No employment rights, and back they go after a bit. Plus of course they aren't eligible for tax credits or any form of Social Security for four years.

Win win ....
We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office. – Aesop