Wednesday 6th April 2016

A home from home
Forum rules
Welcome to FTN. New posters are welcome to join the conversation. You can follow us on Twitter @FlythenestHaven You are responsible for the content you post. This is a public forum. Treat it as if you are speaking in a crowded room. Site admin and Moderators are volunteers who will respond as quickly as they are able to when made aware of any complaints. Please do not post copyrighted material without the original authors permission.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Re: Wednesday 6th April 2016

Post by rebeccariots2 »

How Graham Became Homeless.jpg
How Graham Became Homeless.jpg (59.03 KiB) Viewed 6200 times
The Ark Manchester ‏@TheArkMcr Apr 3
Please all share this it needs to go viral this is disgusting.!! #Homeless #RoughSleepers #TheArk

Owen Smith ‏@OwenSmith_MP 9m9 minutes ago
Owen Smith Retweeted AussieGirl
This is appalling. Does anyone have the surname of this man for me to contact the local authority?
Working on the wild side.
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Good god almighty
George Osborne - asked if he benefits from offshore arrangements - a minute long 'interview' - utterly bizarre responses - he ends it abruptly
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

GetYou wrote:Thanks PorFavor.

Six. That means he's three times as transparent as Cameron then, which, according to my tracing paper scale of transparency guide, means "absolutelynothingwhatsoever" if I've read it correctly.
Apologies, GetYou and PorFavor (and everyone else too), for failing to understand the video I've posted a link to down the thread has already been posted. Osborne didn't answer the questions he was asked, he said something else.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

Hillsborough Jury now out and considering verdicts.
JFT 96 YNWA.

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2016 ... dApp_Tweet" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Last edited by HindleA on Wed 06 Apr, 2016 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

yahyah wrote:Afternoon.

Have brought along some birthday cake as it is my 60th today.

Confined to barracks unfortunately, Mr YahYah has a temperature and hacking cough - he picked it up when he took me to the doctor last week.
They ought to seat the walking wounded away from the infectious patients in the waiting room.
Happy birthday, yahyah! Again!
Give my love to Mr YahYah - I'm sorry he's currently unwell.
Maeght
Committee Chair

Post by Maeght »

PorFavor wrote:
No 10 says Cameron's family will not benefit from any offshore funds in future

Number 10 has issued a new statement about the prime ministers’ family finances and his late father’s offshore fund. A Downing Street spokesman said:

There are no offshore funds/trusts which the prime minister, Mrs Cameron or their children will benefit from in future. (Politics Live, Guardian)
Still rather peculiarly worded, I feel. (Or have they been disinherited overnight?)
I agree. It just sounds 'funny'.

I think it might mean that he/they might/will benefit from the late father's offshore fund ( Blairmore) but it doesn't count because it is now onshore in Ireland.

If the late father's relatives aren't benefiting, who is?
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

rebeccariots2 wrote:It's Mr Riots birthday today too. He's spending it on a day trip to Ireland to collect a young pointer dog - Sammy - who was found a few months ago in a graveyard grieving for his former owner and refusing to leave. The lady who found him eventually coaxed him out and fostered him until the Pointer Rescue Society found him a home in the UK. Depending on how Sammy gets on with our dogs he will be staying with us for a couple of weeks until his new owner is able to take him.

Mr Riots birthday request for a homemade pizza to his specific requirements has been deferred to the weekend.
More happy birthday wishes for Mr Riots
Apologies for getting the menu completely wrong
tinybgoat
Speaker of the House

Post by tinybgoat »

Happy Birthday, yahyah & Mr.Riots.
It's tiniest bgoat's 12th today,
so if pop. astrology is correct, you should all have similar days/interests.
So, don't be tempted to drink too much fizzy stuff, it's never good for you. Ditto for sugary cakes.
Don't be to disapponted about new Star Wars DVD it isn't out yet, but is on order.
And most important, don't spend all afternoon on computer.
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

Oh - and happy birthday Mr Riots.
frightful_oik
Whip

Post by frightful_oik »

PorFavor wrote:
frightful_oik wrote:Can't do twatter but JohnClarke1960 posted this:

Contrary to whatDave IMPLIED: The luxury leather goods company that employs Samantha Cameron is based in a tax haven http://www.independent.co.uk/news/busin ... 17572.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

How's the leg?
Still broken, thanks for asking :D
Just got to keep the weight off it until I go back to hospital on Friday. Hopping with coffee is not to be advised. :oops:
Shake your chains to earth like dew
Which in sleep had fallen on you-
Ye are many - they are few."
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

tinybgoat wrote:It's tiniest bgoat's 12th today
Happy birthday, tiniestbgoat!
seeingclearly
Speaker of the House

Post by seeingclearly »

Happy birthday Yahyah, Mr riots and tiniest tinyb! And best wishes for the year ahead. And for whatever suits your fancy, within reason of course, no off shore accounts etc.
utopiandreams
Speaker of the House

Post by utopiandreams »

RogerOThornhill wrote:Yep. Spot on. Thought this a couple of weeks ago.

"Many experienced NHS managers would now leave." Yep, apart from the lies, this stood out, Roger particularly when taken in parallel with education. With the NHS they kept up the mantra of patient and doctor choice, neither of which were true, just a move toward corporate takeover. Quite frankly most doctors are simply too busy to take on the commissioning role and Commissioning Support Services or whatever they were called were to step in anyway.

On education we're still told that teachers and parents shall take the lead rather than executive academy boards whilst removing oversight from experienced providers, let alone management of provision, e.g. quantitative demand. Now here you may be able to help me, Roger, because I really don't know. I gather that most if not many academy sponsorship applications fail. Sponsorship indeed, another example of Tory speak. I may have that confused with free schools but what I'm getting at is taht success seems limited to the favoured few, although their stated aim of changing them all to academies may seem contradictory. Still I'm sure there's a temporary patch for that, no longer transferring deeds directly to academy trusts I note the SoS shall take charge of the public assets, somewhat akin to NHS Property Services methinks.

We've seen the same exodus from senior civil servants too, only to be replaced by government appointed apparatchiks. Don't worry if you don't follow my line of thought but how much more can they steal from the public purse and national assets in another four years? It doesn't bear thinking about.
I would close my eyes if I couldn't dream.
utopiandreams
Speaker of the House

Post by utopiandreams »

PorFavor wrote:
No 10 says Cameron's family will not benefit from any offshore funds in future

Number 10 has issued a new statement about the prime ministers’ family finances and his late father’s offshore fund. A Downing Street spokesman said:

There are no offshore funds/trusts which the prime minister, Mrs Cameron or their children will benefit from in future. (Politics Live, Guardian)
Still rather peculiarly worded, I feel. (Or have they been disinherited overnight?)
As they said yesterday, PorFavor, it's a private matter and I've already told you the beneficiary.

yahyah
Prime Minister

Post by yahyah »

Interest paid as tins of Whiskas.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

"Larry from London asks.."
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

Steve Bell on David Cameron and the Panama Papers - cartoon

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfre ... rs-cartoon" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Apologies if this is a duplicate - I've not seen it posted here
Published late, yesterday
seeingclearly
Speaker of the House

Post by seeingclearly »

Bother, I have forgotten the header. It is about care and carers for older people, and the need for more compassion. Though a few btl don't seem to have heard of it. There is not much about the inbetween bit, when a person can still do some things but needs a little help with the things they can't and reasonable adaptations, which make all the difference. (One comment wondered whether being at the wrong end of bad care would precipitate dementia. I would think it a high possibility that absence of the right care and any visible frustration might be read that way, though I have every respect for the awful condition the real thing is. As GPs get paid for every dx one has to wonder.)

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfre ... -patterson" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

Not long back from the hospital...Just looked out of the window, and we're getting sleet !!!
We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office. – Aesop
ephemerid
Speaker of the House

Post by ephemerid »

Happy Birthday to Yahyah and Sir Riots.

Happiest Birthdayiest Day to Tiniestbgoat.

I have some very nice coffee cake for the older children and ice cream for the tiniest. No fizz, which is a good thing in my house.

OGRPPFGTCC is as innocent as the rain is dry and Osborne is as pure as the Colombian white marching piste powder.
That's it and all about it.
Move along, folks.
Nothing to see.
"Poverty is the worst form of violence" - Mahatma Gandhi
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Post by AnatolyKasparov »

Following on from my earlier post, Jess Phillips has managed to find some spare time away from slagging off Jez round the clock and has a rather decent piece up at the Huffington Post ;)
"IS TONTY BLAIR BEHIND THIS???!!!!111???!!!"
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

Confined to barracks unfortunately, Mr YahYah has a temperature and hacking cough - he picked it up when he took me to the doctor last week.
They ought to seat the walking wounded away from the infectious patients in the waiting room.
Happy birthday friend.

Sympathise entirely with poor Mr YahYah...The last time I was in the doctors I was appalled at how many people hacking away and with hankies held up to their noses used the toilet. The door handle must have been crawling with germs. They'd come out with the hankie still pressed to their noses and shut the door behind them so any hand washing was a waste of time.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

So Javid announces Tata are going to start their sale of their UK steel interests on Monday. Is that the reasonable timescale the government were after?
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

Happy birthday to Mr Riots ... What a beautiful way to spend a day. Rescuing a sad dog ...
utopiandreams
Speaker of the House

Post by utopiandreams »

Since Colombian has a mention I'd better interject at this point on last night's foray into the international reaction to the Panama Papers. I actually found far less than I'd expected from Spanish outlets, some mention of three or four politicos I think but rather than looking around the rest of the continent crossed the Atlantic to South America. I did see some small mention of Iceland's PM and of Cameron but mostly nation by nation clamour to investigate tax evasion by those named in the documents. What did stand out however is that about a quarter of Colombia's GDP goes to tax havens. That's if I understood it correctly, maybe they meant an equivalent stash in its entirety.

I should check... plus so many other places; I've barely looked.

Edit: maybe as a single word.
Last edited by utopiandreams on Wed 06 Apr, 2016 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
utopiandreams
Speaker of the House

Post by utopiandreams »

ohsocynical wrote:Happy birthday to Mr Riots ... What a beautiful way to spend a day. Rescuing a sad dog ...
I worry about the Riots household, ohso, and wonder whether they should be a tad more secretive. May is just around the corner, you know.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

ohsocynical wrote:Happy birthday to Mr Riots ... What a beautiful way to spend a day. Rescuing a sad dog ...
I think they'll probably both be a bit sad on the ferry. It's not Mr Riots' favourite way to travel. He's taken sandwiches, chocolate, fruit - and will no doubt buy himself a beer or two. For *entertainment* he has a large book I passed on to him recently and he says he's going to spend most of the time teaching himself how to use the new mobile phone I gave him ...

He will get off the ferry back at about midnight in Fishguard. There will be a very late / early supper waiting for him and Sammy back here at about 1am.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

utopiandreams wrote:
I worry about the Riots household, ohso, and wonder whether they should be a tad more secretive. May is just around the corner, you know.
You'll have to explain that one to me utopian!
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

citizenJA wrote:
Steve Bell on David Cameron and the Panama Papers - cartoon

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfre ... rs-cartoon" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Apologies if this is a duplicate - I've not seen it posted here
Published late, yesterday
Mmm. Discussions closed for comment.

Shutting off comment makes Cameron's position look even more questionable.
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

ohsocynical wrote:

Happy birthday friend.

Sympathise entirely with poor Mr YahYah...The last time I was in the doctors I was appalled at how many people hacking away and with hankies held up to their noses used the toilet. The door handle must have been crawling with germs. They'd come out with the hankie still pressed to their noses and shut the door behind them so any hand washing was a waste of time.
I keep a bottle of rum with a spray attachment with me at all times and use it liberally.
utopiandreams
Speaker of the House

Post by utopiandreams »

@rebeccariots2

An oblique reference to Theresa, rebecca. You don't want her looking into your household income what with bringing in furriners and all.
GetYou
Minister of State

Post by GetYou »

Hello 109 guests! :lurk:
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Lyn Brown ‏@lynbrownmp 11m11 minutes ago
Conservative parliamentary BME woman candidate says Goldsmith’s exploitative and ugly campaign puts her off politics http://www.newstatesman.com/politics/de ... e-and-ugly" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; …
She absolutely roasts him for allowing the campaign tactics that he has ...
... If I still lived in London I would be fundamentally unable to cast a vote for the party I have supported for so many years. I feel at a loss and ashamed by this whole affair.

I always admired Goldsmith and felt he was a principled Tory, an environmental campaigner, someone who, despite the privilege he was born into, truly loves the real London and the people that make this city great. All I see now is a man who is too weak to stand up to those directing his campaign, and as a result ruining his own reputation and credibility in the fickle pursuit of power...

The thing that has riled me above all else is the letter signed by our Prime Minister specifically targeting the Punjabi Sikh and Gujarati Hindu communities. I feel these letters play into stereotypes and are designed to expose deep wounds, while exploiting historical racial and religious divisions. The letter says:

“Closer ties between the UK and India have been a priority for me as Prime Minister. I was pleased to join Zac and thousands of British Gujaratis in welcoming Prime Minister Modi to the UK last year.”
and she goes on to say why this was so wrong.
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

GetYou wrote:Hello 109 guests! :lurk:
..ests ..ests ..ests

Edited to add

I should probably explain - that was an echo, that was.
yahyah
Prime Minister

Post by yahyah »

Harry Lesley Smith @harryslaststand
Seems like Ian Cameron went to a lot of bother setting up tax haven accounts so his family wouldn't benefit from it. #PanamaLeaks
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Political Scrapbook Retweeted
Moira Stuart ‏@Ultramarine9 38m38 minutes ago
This tweet perfectly illustrates the British media’s bias against Jeremy Corbyn http://politicalscrapbook.net/2016/04/t ... my-corbyn/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; … via @psbook
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

rebeccariots2 wrote:
I think they'll probably both be a bit sad on the ferry. It's not Mr Riots' favourite way to travel. He's taken sandwiches, chocolate, fruit - and will no doubt buy himself a beer or two. For *entertainment* he has a large book I passed on to him recently and he says he's going to spend most of the time teaching himself how to use the new mobile phone I gave him ...

He will get off the ferry back at about midnight in Fishguard. There will be a very late / early supper waiting for him and Sammy back here at about 1am.
It's bloody brilliant what you both do. You're good people.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Faisal IslamVerified account
‏@faisalislam Faisal Islam Retweeted Hillary Clinton
Corporate tax becoming US elex issue - Big Pharma merger called off:

Hillary ClintonVerified account
‏@HillaryClinton
Glad to hear Pfizer is calling off the merger. We need to close the loopholes that let corporations escape paying their taxes. -H
The plan was to base / register the newly merged company in Ireland (cough, second polite cough) which would have greatly reduced its tax liabilities. The same country that Dave's dad's company was relocated to in 2010 just as he became PM.
yahyah
Prime Minister

Post by yahyah »

Just watched that Green party ad - not impressed.
Interesting to see how they insult Corbyn second hand as being smelly & badly dressed.

Green politics different ....not.
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

citizenJA wrote:
ohsocynical wrote:

Happy birthday friend.

I keep a bottle of rum with a spray attachment with me at all times and use it liberally.
What a good idea. Once upon a time I'd have added some orange to the rum and sprayed my mouth liberally. Frequently.
:rock:
utopiandreams
Speaker of the House

Post by utopiandreams »

ohsocynical wrote:
citizenJA wrote:... I keep a bottle of rum with a spray attachment with me at all times and use it liberally.
What a good idea. Once upon a time I'd have added some orange to the rum and sprayed my mouth liberally. Frequently.
:rock:
I once used to carry a hip flask of Scotch just to add to my coffees before graduating to a bag of Rocky and cashew nut mix.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Can someone explain to me just what is so wrong about Kezia Dugdale as a student seeking work experience with the SNP? Presumably lots of students looking to go into politics related work would seek out such opportunities? And it's not like the SNP currently has MPs and candidates that have switched party once or possibly several times .... looking at you Tasmina, in particular.
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

This is from a guy that posts on Bracknell Labour page. His son is a junior doctor.

Re the strike.

Pleased to report that the public were giving them the support they rightly deserve. My son's hospital declared a major incident last night- no beds, Not enough doctors. This is so serious , it should headlining the news.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Chris Deerin ‏@chrisdeerin 7h7 hours ago
.@alexmassie @kezdugdale not uncommon for young people to work for MPs for a spell without sharing a party affiliation
Oh good - it's not just me that can't quite see what the fuss is about.
yahyah
Prime Minister

Post by yahyah »

Andrew's blog is being closed for comments early.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

HuffPostUK Politics ‏@HuffPostUKPol 3m3 minutes ago
Green Wing actors resurrect their roles just to rubbish 'ridiculous' Jeremy Hunt http://huff.to/1q6yl1p" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Mangan told the BMJ that Hunt had made a “mess” of the contract negotiations and called on health ministers to reopen talks with the British Medical Assocition (BMA) to halt a series of planned strikes.

“Green Wing was, in many ways, absolutely ridiculous but it’s nowhere near as ridiculous as the mess Jeremy Hunt and the Department of Health have made of these negotiations with the junior doctors,” he said.

“We’re here to support the docs at the hospital where we filmed Green Wing and to urge the government to listen to the medical profession’s concerns so that this strike action, which no one wants, can end.”
yahyah
Prime Minister

Post by yahyah »

Did Kezia actually work for them ? If she did maybe she didn't like what she saw, and that's why isn't an SNP supporter.
Vordy
Backbencher

Post by Vordy »

Hello to all. :)

The Carrol Foundation trust criminal case.

http://downingstreetcomms.blogspot.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The Charities Commission and the Carroll Foundation Trust.

https://thecolemanexperience.wordpress. ... ion-trust/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Carroll Maryland Trust Case.

http://carrolltrustcase.com/uncategoriz ... cate-case/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

:hose:
ephemerid
Speaker of the House

Post by ephemerid »

yahyah wrote:Harry Lesley Smith @harryslaststand
Seems like Ian Cameron went to a lot of bother setting up tax haven accounts so his family wouldn't benefit from it. #PanamaLeaks
That man is a national treasure.

Someone on Twitter, "Comply Or Die" @postwpsupport - has posted a letter to a UC claimant from DWP.

I have RT'd it, but I don't know how to copy it - if anyone here does, perhaps they might do it for me!

It notes that someone who has found work is still claiming some UC and it explains that she has been "selected" to take part in a trial.
This trial is actually compulsory, and if the claimant does not do she will lose what UC she is still claiming.
It says that it will help her to find work (erm, she's just got a job), more work, or better paid work; reduce her "reliance" on UC; and encourage her to be financially independent with the aim of increasing her earnings so she no longer claims UC at all.

We knew this was coming - but seeing like this in black and white has made me feel a bit sick.
"Poverty is the worst form of violence" - Mahatma Gandhi
yahyah
Prime Minister

Post by yahyah »