Thursday 15th.Jun 2016

A home from home
Forum rules
Welcome to FTN. New posters are welcome to join the conversation. You can follow us on Twitter @FlythenestHaven You are responsible for the content you post. This is a public forum. Treat it as if you are speaking in a crowded room. Site admin and Moderators are volunteers who will respond as quickly as they are able to when made aware of any complaints. Please do not post copyrighted material without the original authors permission.
mbc1955
Lord Chancellor
Location: Stockport, Great Manchester in body, the Lake District at heart

Re: Thursday 15th.Jun 2016

Post by mbc1955 »

yahyah wrote:
citizenJA wrote:dreadful
I'm beside myself
awful, awful thing

I've been crying, and praying for Jo and her family. And for the man who has nearly killed her, he needs it because he is hopelessly lost in a maze of violence and hate.

My other half is watching the Wales/England footie on recording, oblivious to the news.
You're a better person than I am, yahyah, I want his body fed to the animals.
The truth ferret speaks!
yahyah
Prime Minister

Post by yahyah »

Oh, there's a bit of me that feels very very angry too.

But I have to be careful with my high blood pressure. Trying to feel compassion is better for my body than ramping up the threat/stress/anger cortisol responses. I ain't dying because of some right wing toerag with the moral sense of a flea. He is not worth it.
mbc1955
Lord Chancellor
Location: Stockport, Great Manchester in body, the Lake District at heart

Post by mbc1955 »

I have a little more luxury than you, my blood pressure is kept under strict control.

And I am not a forgiving person when it comes to matters like this. It would be the same if this were a reversed situation. A demon has been unleashed today. We are every single one of us the more vulnerable from this moment onwards.

And next week, next Friday, once we know the result, there will be a Civil War.
The truth ferret speaks!
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Post by AnatolyKasparov »

There are more than a few "staged incident/false flag" (by the "remain" campaign, of course) ravings on Twitter.

I would like to say "unbelievably", but of course its anything but :twisted:
"IS TONTY BLAIR BEHIND THIS???!!!!111???!!!"
PaulfromYorkshire
Site Admin

Post by PaulfromYorkshire »

Will they never stop?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/06 ... he-commons" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Spot the dig at Corbyn. I want to cry.
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

mbc1955 wrote:I have a little more luxury than you, my blood pressure is kept under strict control.

And I am not a forgiving person when it comes to matters like this. It would be the same if this were a reversed situation. A demon has been unleashed today. We are every single one of us the more vulnerable from this moment onwards.

Though even I am running a bit short of optimism at present, this could instead be the "black swan event" that causes at least some to pull back from the brink?

Here's hoping.
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

mbc1955 wrote:
yahyah wrote:
citizenJA wrote:dreadful
I'm beside myself
awful, awful thing

I've been crying, and praying for Jo and her family. And for the man who has nearly killed her, he needs it because he is hopelessly lost in a maze of violence and hate.

My other half is watching the Wales/England footie on recording, oblivious to the news.
You're a better person than I am, yahyah, I want his body fed to the animals.
Know how you feel and agree, but one man? This has been building since the coalition. I'd like to see all the hate mongers from day one when the scrounger rhetoric became a by-word, rounded up with Crosby in front. And Farage who's been allowed to get away with too much. His latest poster is a prime example.

They have loosed hate and evil but are never the ones to get hurt and suffer.
We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office. – Aesop
Eric_WLothian
Secretary of State

Post by Eric_WLothian »

mbc1955 wrote:I have a little more luxury than you, my blood pressure is kept under strict control.

I think the demon was released a couple of years ago. That's when it seems to have started to get violent (as opposed to just nasty).

From yesterday's Scotsman:
An irate voter has been spared jail for threatening to kill a Labour councillor and chasing him down the street with a running chainsaw while the politician was on the campaign trail.
Conrad Procter, 40, shouted abuse at Labour councillor Paul O’Kane, 28, while he was out campaigning for former Scottish Labour leader Jim Murphy - telling him he would “cut his head off”.
http://www.scotsman.com/news/angry-vote ... -1-4155892
TobyLatimer
Chief Whip

Post by TobyLatimer »

Stephen Timms survived a murder attempt a few years ago, attacked during surgery
ScreenShot01421.jpg
ScreenShot01421.jpg (65.21 KiB) Viewed 5899 times
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

Love one another
yahyah
Prime Minister

Post by yahyah »

Whatever the motivation, it follows on from the rape and death threats that high profile women have been getting on social media.
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

heal wounds, keep each other safe, breathe and love one another
keep living
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

Pray God she pulls through. But whatever happens her blood is on their hands. Cameron, Farage and the rest of our nasty politicians. And the press. Oh yes, we mustn't forget the press's compliance in this dirty, cynical game of politics.
yahyah
Prime Minister

Post by yahyah »

Britain First are doing a good job of being outraged about what's happened, blaming the media.

Why are they sending their slobby looking activists to training camps to do physical stuff if not because they want/expect/are provoking violence ?
Last edited by yahyah on Thu 16 Jun, 2016 3:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

Sorry, but we must not forget this. We must not forgive. Enough is enough.
StephenDolan
First Secretary of State

Post by StephenDolan »

Glad to see even this terrible incident is being used to have a go at Corbyn at the G. :mad:
danesclose
Whip

Post by danesclose »

Apologies. When I posted the gag earlier, I hadn't seen the posts, nor heard the news about Jo Cox.
Proud to be part of The Indecent Minority.
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

law people will do their duty, keep dangerous people away from others, law enforcement will take care
yahyah
Prime Minister

Post by yahyah »

No worries danesclose.
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

StephenDolan wrote:Glad to see even this terrible incident is being used to have a go at Corbyn at the G. :mad:
FFS, what are they doing now?
yahyah
Prime Minister

Post by yahyah »

It's being reported round the world. Part of me thinking 'This sort of thing doesn't happen in Britain'.
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

citizenJA wrote:Love one another
Sorry CJA, but you can't love the people who are complicit in raking up so much hate, just for the sake of their own egos and pockets. They need stamping down. Permanently.
Tubby Isaacs
Prime Minister

Post by Tubby Isaacs »

Cheltenham MP, Nigel Jones, was attacked with a sword at a surgery and he stood down at the next election.
StephenDolan
First Secretary of State

Post by StephenDolan »

AnatolyKasparov wrote:
StephenDolan wrote:Glad to see even this terrible incident is being used to have a go at Corbyn at the G. :mad:
' Chair of the Labour Women’s Network, Cox nominated Jeremy Corbyn for the Labour leadership contest last year, but voted for Blairite candidate Liz Kendall in the end.

Cox later said she regretted helping Corbyn get on the ballot paper, and pulled no punches after Labour’s poor performance in last month’s local and Scottish elections.

As the disappointing results rolled-in, Cox told the BBC: “Jeremy needs to personally recognise that this isn’t good enough.

“He needs to take responsibility, he needs to set out a route map to power in 2020, and let’s rally first and foremost around the EU referendum.

“We need to look very hard at what’s gone wrong in the last eight months and put it right.”

Asked if she expected a leadership challenge, Cox said: “Nobody is talking about that now and I don’t think it is the right course of action, but the clock is ticking.” '
yahyah
Prime Minister

Post by yahyah »

Cancel the bloody referendum. If people can't take part in democracy without violence, why should they be rewarded by getting what they want ?
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

yahyah wrote:It's being reported round the world. Part of me thinking 'This sort of thing doesn't happen in Britain'.
we're living history
this is a big deal

I write words only to help, not tell anyone what to do, I'm concerned for blood pressures, I want no one afraid
thank you all for your continued patience with me
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

yahyah wrote:Cancel the bloody referendum. If people can't take part in democracy without violence, why should they be rewarded by getting what they want ?
Agreed.
yahyah
Prime Minister

Post by yahyah »

Right wing fruit loops are complaining that it was a 'Muslim bystander' who is an eyewitness.
yahyah
Prime Minister

Post by yahyah »

Tubby Isaacs wrote:Cheltenham MP, Nigel Jones, was attacked with a sword at a surgery and he stood down at the next election.

I remember the attack, but not whether it had a political motive.
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

citizenJA wrote:
yahyah wrote:It's being reported round the world. Part of me thinking 'This sort of thing doesn't happen in Britain'.
we're living history
this is a big deal

I write words only to help, not tell anyone what to do, I'm concerned for blood pressures, I want no one afraid
Bless you CJA. I'm not afraid. I'm coldly mad!
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

ohsocynical wrote:
citizenJA wrote:Love one another
Sorry CJA, but you can't love the people who are complicit in raking up so much hate, just for the sake of their own egos and pockets. They need stamping down. Permanently.
I can love you
you can love me
that's all I meant
yahyah
Prime Minister

Post by yahyah »

Tea and choccy biscuits anyone ?
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

StephenDolan wrote:
AnatolyKasparov wrote:
' Chair of the Labour Women’s Network, Cox nominated Jeremy Corbyn for the Labour leadership contest last year, but voted for Blairite candidate Liz Kendall in the end.

Cox later said she regretted helping Corbyn get on the ballot paper, and pulled no punches after Labour’s poor performance in last month’s local and Scottish elections.

As the disappointing results rolled-in, Cox told the BBC: “Jeremy needs to personally recognise that this isn’t good enough.

“He needs to take responsibility, he needs to set out a route map to power in 2020, and let’s rally first and foremost around the EU referendum.

“We need to look very hard at what’s gone wrong in the last eight months and put it right.”

Asked if she expected a leadership challenge, Cox said: “Nobody is talking about that now and I don’t think it is the right course of action, but the clock is ticking.” '
Why on earth do they think all that is even remotely relevant right now?

And they accuse Corbynistas of being monomaniacal and obsessed.......
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

ohsocynical wrote:
citizenJA wrote:
we're living history
this is a big deal

Bless you CJA. I'm not afraid. I'm coldly mad!
Your health and safety are of paramount concern to me, my friend, writing you here and reading your words comfort me and I want to return the favour - that's all
one thing at a time, breathe, I write these things for my own benefit
thank you for your patience with me
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

I'm just going to feed Mr Ohso some naughty food to keep his weight up.

Best back Bacon in a home made bun anyone?
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

AnatolyKasparov wrote:
StephenDolan wrote:
AnatolyKasparov wrote: FFS, what are they doing now?

I read it earlier and thought how gratuitously shitty it was to include it in a supposed profile. The G seems able to scrape lower in the barrel that we thought.
Working on the wild side.
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

yahyah wrote:Tea and choccy biscuits anyone ?

yes, please
:rock: :heart:
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

ohsocynical wrote:I'm just going to feed Mr Ohso some naughty food to keep his weight up.

Best back Bacon in a home made bun anyone?
yes, please
:rock:
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

rebeccariots2 wrote:
AnatolyKasparov wrote:
StephenDolan wrote: ' Chair of the Labour Women’s Network, Cox nominated Jeremy Corbyn for the Labour leadership contest last year, but voted for Blairite candidate Liz Kendall in the end.

I read it earlier and thought how gratuitously shitty it was to include it in a supposed profile. The G seems able to scrape lower in the barrel that we thought.
Refers to "Labour's poor performance" as well - in the local elections it was very much in line with previous outcomes a year after a GE.

Just can't help themselves can they........
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

There are very conflicting reports about what was and wasn't being shouted etc at the scene of the attack on Jo Cox.

I'm going to wait until there is a bit more clarity and confirmation to ponder what the motives might be.
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

yahyah wrote:Right wing fruit loops are complaining that it was a 'Muslim bystander' who is an eyewitness.
People don't have to wear spiritual tradition identity kit, surely?

For clarity, I wondered how those saying it was a 'Muslim bystander' knew the bystander was Muslim.
Last edited by citizenJA on Thu 16 Jun, 2016 4:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

ohsocynical wrote:Pray God she pulls through. But whatever happens her blood is on their hands. Cameron, Farage and the rest of our nasty politicians. And the press. Oh yes, we mustn't forget the press's compliance in this dirty, cynical game of politics.
Agreed.
yahyah
Prime Minister

Post by yahyah »

citizenJA wrote:
yahyah wrote:Tea and choccy biscuits anyone ?

yes, please
:rock: :heart:

& a :hug:
yahyah
Prime Minister

Post by yahyah »

rebeccariots2 wrote:There are very conflicting reports about what was and wasn't being shouted etc at the scene of the attack on Jo Cox.

I'm going to wait until there is a bit more clarity and confirmation to ponder what the motives might be.

I haven't seen the conflicting ones...have you links please. [Not from Britain First or anyone from the libertarian right of course, they seem to be flooding social media with their opinions]
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

yahyah wrote:
rebeccariots2 wrote:There are very conflicting reports about what was and wasn't being shouted etc at the scene of the attack on Jo Cox.

I haven't seen the conflicting ones...have you links please. [Not from Britain First or anyone from the libertarian right of course, they seem to be flooding social media with their opinions]
Andy Bell ‏@andybell5news 34m34 minutes ago
Scene in Birstall where eye witness quoted says did NOT hear anyone shouting "Britain First" #JoCox
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Beth Rigby Retweeted
Sophie Warnes ‏@SophieWarnes 2h2 hours ago
Reports of 'britain first' def still unconfirmed
yahyah
Prime Minister

Post by yahyah »

Thanks.
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

I keep polished stones arranged on my desk and hold them
it comforts me

I write out 'love one another' and say it out loud
it comforts me
that's all I mean by it

this is profoundly disturbing to me, this news
absolutely devastating
yahyah
Prime Minister

Post by yahyah »

Even if the report is not eventually substantiated by the police, I reserve the right to be concerned about what Britain First activists are actually doing at their survival camps.
yahyah
Prime Minister

Post by yahyah »

citizenJA wrote:I keep polished stones arranged on my desk and hold them
it comforts me

I write out 'love one another' and say it out loud
it comforts me
that's all I mean by it

this is profoundly disturbing to me, this news
absolutely devastating
When's your lovely man back from work JA ?