Saturday 18 and Sunday 19 June

A home from home
Forum rules
Welcome to FTN. New posters are welcome to join the conversation. You can follow us on Twitter @FlythenestHaven You are responsible for the content you post. This is a public forum. Treat it as if you are speaking in a crowded room. Site admin and Moderators are volunteers who will respond as quickly as they are able to when made aware of any complaints. Please do not post copyrighted material without the original authors permission.
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Saturday 18 and Sunday 19 June

Post by tinyclanger2 »

Morning.
LET'S FACE IT I'M JUST 'KIN' SEETHIN'
yahyah
Prime Minister

Re: Saturday 18 and Sunday 19 June

Post by yahyah »

Morning tiny.

Nice to see TE pop in last night.
yahyah
Prime Minister

Post by yahyah »

If the pic of Mair at a Britain First demo is real, hopefully the media will be asking whether it is purely
a co-incidence that BF have started training in knife 'defence' skills, martial arts and survival skills.
Their first venture was just a week before Mair acted.

It is also interesting that BF call their regional organisations 'brigades'.
Brigade has non military meanings, but is commonly used to describe a form of military unit.
If a neo-nazi were on the run from carrying out a murderous attack then survival skills would be a help.

I think the law does not permit uniform-wearing paramilitiary style training, so what they are doing is probably legal. Just hope the police have undercover people monitoring them.
Last edited by yahyah on Sat 18 Jun, 2016 7:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

yahyah wrote:Morning tiny.

Nice to see TE pop in last night.
Indeed it was!
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfre ... -democracy
So if you live in Britain, and want us to remain, please talk to everyone you know. Reach out to those you think may be undecided or veering towards leave. Send that email; make the telephone call to your aunt or grandad. Ensure the postal votes go off in time. Volunteer via the Britain Stronger in Europe website. And follow the advice of Sue Vaughan: after herself pounding the streets of Norwich, she wrote to the Guardian this week urging us all to “just get out and speak to 10 people and see how it goes”. That’s what I’ll be doing this Sunday. If 100,000 of us meet the Vaughan target, that will be 1 million people canvassed.
yahyah
Prime Minister

Post by yahyah »

yahyah
Prime Minister

Post by yahyah »

Marina Hyde ''So Britain, are you ready to enter the United Kingdom of UKIP ?
http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfre ... ge-leavers" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
TobyLatimer
Chief Whip

Post by TobyLatimer »

Those that have used xenophobia hate and prejudice as a tool to power need to be driven out

[youtube]YAIa1qsrN50[/youtube]
yahyah
Prime Minister

Post by yahyah »

Louise Mensch has just claimed on Twitter that the pic said to be Mair with a Britain First banner isn't him. Says she has proof.
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/ ... lenged-now?
In April, the Guardian began a campaign, the Web We Want, which has highlighted how women are far more likely to receive abuse online.
Interesting article, but farcical line. Let's hope the Graun understands it's own vitriol inciting clickbait business model is at the heart of the problem.
yahyah
Prime Minister

Post by yahyah »

Mensch's line seems to be that there is a turf war between BF and the BNP in that area.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Morning.
David Allen Green ‏@DavidAllenGreen 41s41 seconds ago
On a beach, the wise king sits and waves the Contempt of Court Act at the sea. The courtiers watch as the tide still comes in.
Anyone?
Working on the wild side.
yahyah
Prime Minister

Post by yahyah »

I've just projected my meaning onto it.
Suspect others will interpret it according to whatever their own feelings are at the moment.

For me, it means Brexit will win by a landslide.
The wise king is trying to warn people, but the current of right wing rhetoric about immigrants is too strong and flooding in.
yahyah
Prime Minister

Post by yahyah »

No, on second thoughts, is it referring to Mensch's attack on Cameron ?
She's been bitching that he has interfered with Mair's right to a free trial.
But contempt of court law doesn't start until trial proceedings start ?
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

I really don't know what he's getting at .... why I queried it. But he generally comments from a legal point of view - he writes the Jack O'Kent blog. I'm wondering if he is querying the press continuing to pump out so many stories on Mair etc after he's been charged ... but I don't know what he's warning against - that they could be held in contempt of court if they jeopardise any part of subsequent court proceedings in any way? But really I haven't a clue what he's on about.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

These subsequent tweets seem to expand and enlighten a bit more ...
David Allen Green ‏@DavidAllenGreen 22m22 minutes ago
On a beach, the wise king sits and waves the Contempt of Court Act at the sea. The courtiers watch as the tide still comes in.

David Allen Green
‏@DavidAllenGreen
"Proceedings are now active for Contempt of Court purposes and have been since arrest," the king shouts out as the waves just lap over him.

David Allen Green ‏@DavidAllenGreen 11m11 minutes ago
"Careful now," are the king's last words as his crowned head is submerged.

The Contempt of Court Act then floats away.
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Post by AnatolyKasparov »

yahyah wrote:Louise Mensch has just claimed on Twitter that the pic said to be Mair with a Britain First banner isn't him. Says she has proof.
That was claimed soon after the picture appeared. Tbf the original statement was only that it "could be" him.
"IS TONTY BLAIR BEHIND THIS???!!!!111???!!!"
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

Good morfternoon.
Thomas Mair appears in court over murder of Jo Cox

Birstall man gives name as ‘death to traitors, freedom for Britain’ in appearance on multiple charges over killing of MP (Guardian)
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/201 ... -mp-jo-cox
Willow904
Prime Minister

Post by Willow904 »

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/201 ... xs-husband" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
In addition, people who know refugees and immigrants are much more likely to be supportive of them and of migration as a whole.
Such a simple point, but kind of key. People living in areas with low immigration seem disproportionately concerned about it. Meanwhile some areas experiencing sudden influxes are more understandably anti. Both situations offer fewer opportunities for people to get to know immigrants as individuals, the former because there aren't enough, the latter because there are too many and they form distinct communities as a consequence. Where there are smaller numbers moving into a community, integration is more likely as it is more necessary. And then, when someone in the news says something negative about immigrants, that negativity is offset by more positive impressions of an immigrant you actually know.

This article is so right. Those who support immigration haven't made enough effort to win public support for it as it is already happening. Indeed, Cameron's criticism of the EU and the focus of his renegotiation has been more inclined to make people less supportive of immigration. It's part of why he is losing the argument for remain.
"Fall seven times, get up eight" - Japanese proverb
mbc1955
Lord Chancellor
Location: Stockport, Great Manchester in body, the Lake District at heart

Post by mbc1955 »

PorFavor wrote:Good morfternoon.
Thomas Mair appears in court over murder of Jo Cox

Birstall man gives name as ‘death to traitors, freedom for Britain’ in appearance on multiple charges over killing of MP (Guardian)
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/201 ... -mp-jo-cox
Right. So there was nothing political about it then. Glad t'hear it.
The truth ferret speaks!
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

Post by RogerOThornhill »

Quiet, unassuming...

Oh dear...now who was it that was insistent on Mair having no political views and demanding that we all back down and apologise?
If I'm not here, then I'll be in the library. Or the other library.
tinybgoat
Speaker of the House

Post by tinybgoat »

rebeccariots2 wrote:These subsequent tweets seem to expand and enlighten a bit more ...
David Allen Green ‏@DavidAllenGreen 22m22 minutes ago

David Allen Green
‏@DavidAllenGreen
"Proceedings are now active for Contempt of Court purposes and have been since arrest," the king shouts out as the waves just lap over him.

David Allen Green ‏@DavidAllenGreen 11m11 minutes ago
"Careful now," are the king's last words as his crowned head is submerged.

The Contempt of Court Act then floats away.
If he starts tweeting King Crimson lyrics,
I'm going back to bed.
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

Post by RogerOThornhill »

re the above, I would have thought that various paedophile trials over the years - including one where I knew the perpetrator really well in my youth - would have told everyone that not everything about a person is known by friends, neighbours, even family. People have sides that that they keep well hidden and don't want their nearest and dearest to know about.
If I'm not here, then I'll be in the library. Or the other library.
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

RogerOThornhill wrote:re the above, I would have thought that various paedophile trials over the years - including one where I knew the perpetrator really well in my youth - would have told everyone that not everything about a person is known by friends, neighbours, even family. People have sides that that they keep well hidden and don't want their nearest and dearest to know about.
Yes. So very many instances of it.
And bewilderment is understandable when someone you think you know well, does something so awful.
We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office. – Aesop
gilsey
Prime Minister

Post by gilsey »

RogerOThornhill wrote:re the above, I would have thought that various paedophile trials over the years - including one where I knew the perpetrator really well in my youth - would have told everyone that not everything about a person is known by friends, neighbours, even family. People have sides that that they keep well hidden and don't want their nearest and dearest to know about.
I know someone whose father was a close friend of Clement Freud, she has 3 or 4 sisters, really creepy. She's shocked, I wonder if she'll talk to her sisters about it or prefer not to know.
One world, like it or not - John Martyn
NonOxCol
Chief Whip

Post by NonOxCol »

https://mobile.twitter.com/LouiseMensch" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

You will all be delighted to learn that Mair saying "death to traitors, freedom for Britain" had precisely no effect on the arguments of this void in human form.

"Wibble wibble I'm a hatstand" was her genuine reaction.
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

Kenneth Clarke wrote:"Almost all sane, sensible, intelligent, pleasant members of the public agree they don't know enough about the subject and would like to know more.

"But the reported campaigning is not going to add to anybody's knowledge of the subject."
http://www.watoday.com.au/world/brexit- ... pkuh8.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;?
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

"How hard can it be?" said the FishPointerGeneral

What. A. ****
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

tinyclanger2 wrote:"How hard can it be?" said the FishPointerGeneral

What. A. ****
Sorry, what?
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

Jo Cox’s bereaved husband says mainstream politicians are legitimising extremist anti-immigrant views
Brendan Cox says politicians all too often accepted the framing of the populist right wing on immigration

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/po ... 88831.html
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

AnatolyKasparov wrote:

What. A. ****
Sorry, what?
The job. When he became PM.
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

AnatolyKasparov wrote:

What. A. ****
Sorry, what?
You heard.
:shock:
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

gilsey wrote:
I know someone whose father was a close friend of Clement Freud, she has 3 or 4 sisters, really creepy. She's shocked, I wonder if she'll talk to her sisters about it or prefer not to know.
The basic instinct is not to know.
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

ohsocynical wrote:
AnatolyKasparov wrote:

What. A. ****
Sorry, what?
The job. When he became PM.
Ah right. He thought he would be good at it, remember?
Willow904
Prime Minister

Post by Willow904 »

Still thinking about the dehumanizing of immigrants and can't help making a connection with Michael Gove and his political interference with the school curriculum, banning American authors, with particular criticism of the frequently used text "Of Mice and Men". Because, of course, it's a fantastic, thought provoking book that could inspire students to read more Steinbeck, like "Grapes of Wrath" perhaps, and accidentally get a real education in how our free market capitalist system actually works. A book that humanizes immigrants, invoking empathy in their plight, a book that observes and understands, if not condoning, the bitter reaction of the indigenous population, whilst pointing the finger of blame for the upheaval and disruption to so many lives to the anonymous, impersonal banks, the machinery of capitalism, behind which lurk the faceless, unknowable winners in the struggle to exploit the land and natural resources.

Oh and no more 'Crucible' either, many a young person's introduction to McCarthyism, or To Kill a Mockingbird to explore racism and attitudes to those with learning difficulties. No, Gove thinks young people should read Middlemarch: A Study of Provincial Life, so they can get a really in depth understanding of what it was like to be a woman in 19th century Britain and become so bored they are never tempted to pick up a work of literature again.
"Fall seven times, get up eight" - Japanese proverb
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

A very powerful piece of writing.

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

I’m terrified because I don’t know what to do. I don’t know how to fix this. I don’t know how to help. I’m not sure there is a way.

I wish I had a more hopeful point to end this on. Maybe tomorrow, I will. But right now… right now, I’m out of hope. I’m just scared.

From Chris Brosnahan's article. Link above.
mbc1955
Lord Chancellor

Post by mbc1955 »

NonOxCol wrote:https://mobile.twitter.com/LouiseMensch

You will all be delighted to learn that Mair saying "death to traitors, freedom for Britain" had precisely no effect on the arguments of this void in human form.

"Wibble wibble I'm a hatstand" was her genuine reaction.
She has all the intelligence of one.
The truth ferret speaks!
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

Willow904 wrote:Still thinking about the dehumanizing of immigrants and can't help making a connection with Michael Gove and his political interference with the school curriculum, banning American authors, with particular criticism of the frequently used text "Of Mice and Men". Because, of course, it's a fantastic, thought provoking book that could inspire students to read more Steinbeck, like "Grapes of Wrath" perhaps, and accidentally get a real education in how our free market capitalist system actually works. A book that humanizes immigrants, invoking empathy in their plight, a book that observes and understands, if not condoning, the bitter reaction of the indigenous population, whilst pointing the finger of blame for the upheaval and disruption to so many lives to the anonymous, impersonal banks, the machinery of capitalism, behind which lurk the faceless, unknowable winners in the struggle to exploit the land and natural resources.

Oh and no more 'Crucible' either, many a young person's introduction to McCarthyism, or To Kill a Mockingbird to explore racism and attitudes to those with learning difficulties. No, Gove thinks young people should read Middlemarch: A Study of Provincial Life, so they can get a really in depth understanding of what it was like to be a woman in 19th century Britain and become so bored they are never tempted to pick up a work of literature again.
It's a very American way. A couple of years ago I read that some colleges were limiting the curriculum to living authors. Also believe one State had a book burning.
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

From Facebook.
Michael Jackson

The literature obtained by The Independent – carrying the signature of Britain First’s leader, Paul Golding – says its controversial activities “in the Muslim ghettoes” will combine with “major Ukip gains” to turn the election into a “game changer”. Claiming 2015 will be “the year of Britain First and Ukip”, the group forecasts a “resurgence of right-wing patriotism in Britain”.
TobyLatimer
Chief Whip

Post by TobyLatimer »

Don't know where they get it from tbh ...
ClOfYvXWgAAo7ou.jpg
ClOfYvXWgAAo7ou.jpg (138.07 KiB) Viewed 10546 times
ClOq1hhXEAAy9g9.jpg
ClOq1hhXEAAy9g9.jpg (190.47 KiB) Viewed 10546 times
TobyLatimer
Chief Whip

Post by TobyLatimer »

Bah :evil:
ScreenShot01422.jpg
ScreenShot01422.jpg (20.91 KiB) Viewed 10540 times
mbc1955
Lord Chancellor

Post by mbc1955 »

TobyLatimer wrote:Don't know where they get it from tbh ...
ClOfYvXWgAAo7ou.jpg
ClOq1hhXEAAy9g9.jpg
We don't just need a 'thanks' button for this post, we could do with a 'you're frightening me...' one as well.
The truth ferret speaks!
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

http://www.newstatesman.com/politics/ed ... re-failing" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Why Sweden’s free schools are failing
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/201 ... are_btn_tw" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Man who attempted to save Jo Cox is mine rescue service veteran
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

Lofthouse disaster was 1973.
nickyinnorfolk
Minister of State

Post by nickyinnorfolk »

TobyLatimer wrote:Bah :evil:
ScreenShot01422.jpg
Wonder if it'd be too much to hope for, that in the light of this terrible event, Cameron actually reflects on the way he has demonised the Labour Party and its MPs? Plus the way he's been all too content to go along with divide and rule policies?
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

TobyLatimer wrote:Don't know where they get it from tbh ...
ClOfYvXWgAAo7ou.jpg
ClOq1hhXEAAy9g9.jpg
They are drenched in Jo Cox's blood.
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

nickyinnorfolk wrote:
TobyLatimer wrote:Bah :evil:
ScreenShot01422.jpg
Wonder if it'd be too much to hope for, that in the light of this terrible event, Cameron actually reflects on the way he has demonised the Labour Party and its MPs? Plus the way he's been all too content to go along with divide and rule policies?
That's far too much to hope for. He'll revert. He always does.
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

HindleA wrote:http://www.newstatesman.com/politics/ed ... re-failing

Why Sweden’s free schools are failing
A really long time ago, pre-coalition? I read that they weren't doing so good and a re-think was needed. Guess Gove doesn't read the same papers as me.