Monday 27th June 2016

A home from home
Forum rules
Welcome to FTN. New posters are welcome to join the conversation. You can follow us on Twitter @FlythenestHaven You are responsible for the content you post. This is a public forum. Treat it as if you are speaking in a crowded room. Site admin and Moderators are volunteers who will respond as quickly as they are able to when made aware of any complaints. Please do not post copyrighted material without the original authors permission.
Rebecca
Lord Chancellor

Re: Monday 27th June 2016

Post by Rebecca »

ohsocynical wrote:
Rebecca wrote:Feeling better now.
Chardonnay.

Ooooh...Envy emotion.
Now your lfts are fine would an occasional glass of wine hurt?
howsillyofme1
First Secretary of State

Post by howsillyofme1 »

tinyclanger2 wrote:
“No-one on the leave side doesn’t want free trade with Europe,” prominent pro-leave MEP Daniel Hannan just said on BBC News.

As far as Europe goes, it should be possible to stay inside an arrangement with the EU with bilateral deals, which would allow for free movement, but what we will not have are foreign courts deciding who can come into the UK.
Graun live
:wall: :wall: :wall:

wtf does this mean?

Do they have a clue?
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

Boris Johnson slammed for bunking off Brexit fall-out Commons debate

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/bo ... it-8296470
More: Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear.
We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office. – Aesop
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

howsillyofme1 wrote:
HindleA wrote:
citizenJA wrote:I've no idea what's going on.[/quoteBBB

1An assortment of non Labour members are amassed showing their loyalty to the leader of a Party they aren't a member of.
2.Long term members/MP's are being traitors,automatic Blairites pond life and being told to piss off out of the party by non members,past members of convenience and its my party not anybody elses brave loyalists.

Makes perfect sense really.

So Hindle, I assume that Corbyn will get beaten when the membership is consulted so then should be okay...must have been mistaken when I thought he walked the election last year

Perhaps you want 'long-term members' to get double votes?

The left had to live through purges in the Blair years and deselections.......

A mere outlining of what is happening.None of it untrue.

To answer,even though none of them were relevant to any points I did or didn't make if there were any there in the first place.

1.I think he will get back in,yes he did,unless traitorous Blairites have historically revised all records.
2.The relevance of the mention of "long term" was to emphasise how thoroughly disloyal they obviously are,not to give them a higher status.You can take from.that my view of "having two votes"
3.No mention of left/right ,purges,deselections etc was contained,my memory is longer my whole bloody local party got suspended and membership scrutinised,so I am not unaware of such things.

4.Above all,not wise to take me seriously.
Last edited by HindleA on Mon 27 Jun, 2016 7:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rebecca
Lord Chancellor

Post by Rebecca »

Temulkar wrote:Who was the mp who claimed there was no orchestrated campaign to drip drip?
Just some lying fucker I suppose.

edited to add;sorry,that's the wine talking
Last edited by Rebecca on Mon 27 Jun, 2016 7:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

i value all the views here but I don't want Corbyn to trigger article 50*. I don't think it's an answer to anything at this stage, and doing it because someone else said we would is not really a good enough reason. have read and agree with views on democracy etc, but this is a godawful mess and we need to consider rightly of the matter before deciding how to proceed. 2 years is a very short time to sort out this scale of bollx - I don't think we can do it.

*directly after a GE or indirectly as leader of the opposition.
LET'S FACE IT I'M JUST 'KIN' SEETHIN'
TechnicalEphemera
Speaker of the House

Post by TechnicalEphemera »

tinyclanger2 wrote:http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/bre ... 05561.html

BREXIT. Taking the Great out of Britain.
Oh - and the Britain.
Have a thousand recommends for that.
Release the Guardvarks.
howsillyofme1
First Secretary of State

Post by howsillyofme1 »

tinyclanger2 wrote:i value all the views here but I don't want Corbyn to trigger article 50*. I don't think it's an answer to anything at this stage, and doing it because someone else said we would is not really a good enough reason. have read and agree with views on democracy etc, but this is a godawful mess and we need to consider rightly of the matter before deciding how to proceed. 2 years is a very short time to sort out this scale of bollx - I don't think we can do it.

I think we should trigger A50 - it was us who had the referendum and ignored the warnings

Why should we wait......and the people who voted Leave have made it clear they don't care so who are the minority to deny them what they want?
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

howsillyofme1 wrote:
tinyclanger2 wrote:i value all the views here but I don't want Corbyn to trigger article 50*. I don't think it's an answer to anything at this stage, and doing it because someone else said we would is not really a good enough reason. have read and agree with views on democracy etc, but this is a godawful mess and we need to consider rightly of the matter before deciding how to proceed. 2 years is a very short time to sort out this scale of bollx - I don't think we can do it.

I think we should trigger A50 - it was us who had the referendum and ignored the warnings

Why should we wait......and the people who voted Leave have made it clear they don't care so who are the minority to deny them what they want?
no. it wasn't.
howsillyofme1
First Secretary of State

Post by howsillyofme1 »

tinyclanger2 wrote:
howsillyofme1 wrote:

no. it wasn't.

Yes it was...it was in the manifesto of a majority elected Government....when I say 'we' I mean the British people. Carried by a majority of 6 to 1 in the HoC

It was a crap idea but surely that is what democracy is about?

It may be in Britain's short term favour to delay but I think it will just postpone the reckoning and destroy our credibility further
TechnicalEphemera
Speaker of the House

howsillyofme1 wrote:

If you read article 50 you will understand why triggering it is a stunningly bad idea.

Sorry to have a pop but Corbyn is utterly irresponsible ( bordering on treasonous) to suggest it.
Release the Guardvarks.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

ohsocynical wrote:
HindleA wrote:
citizenJA wrote:I've no idea what's going on.[/quoteBBB

1An assortment of non Labour members are amassed showing their loyalty to the leader of a Party they aren't a member of.
2.Long term members/MP's are being traitors,automatic Blairites pond life and being told to piss off out of the party by non members,past members of convenience and its my party not anybody elses brave loyalists.

Makes perfect sense really.
I wonder who they will vote for come a GE?

Actually there is a bit of a surge in membership again. People are joining Labour so they can support Corbyn.

Up the workers :lol: :lol: :lol:
But are they ALL the correct members for the task ahead.To work all valiant saviours.
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

Rebecca wrote:
ohsocynical wrote:
Rebecca wrote:Feeling better now.
Chardonnay.

Ooooh...Envy emotion.
Now your lfts are fine would an occasional glass of wine hurt?
It's a genetic thing. I've got non-alcoholic fatty liver disease, and doc thinks I'm at the beginning of drug induced cirrhosis. My readings are still out of whack although they're gradually coming down. I daren't risk it kicking it off, so am nursing it along because I've refused further investigation while Mr Ohso is ill.
I'm afraid it's tee-total all the way until I get the thumbs down, then I'm breaking out the gin with a vengeance.
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

howsillyofme1 wrote:Just seen an ex-member of SC (don't know who it was) saying that he was for an argument against Free Movement - how does that work with all these people whp are keen on remain? I though Corbyn was bad because he wasn't supportive enough

It is as I said before there is absolutely no clear from those complaining what the want!!!!

And he also said it was coordinated
It was Owen Smith (assuming he's the only one to say it).
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

tinyclanger2 wrote:
Politicians responsible for explaining what's at stake have admitted they may have fudged some of the consequences.
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/po ... 05481.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I'm still not convinced that going through with this is honourable.
I agree with you.
howsillyofme1
First Secretary of State

Post by howsillyofme1 »

TechnicalEphemera wrote:
howsillyofme1 wrote:

If you read article 50 you will understand why triggering it is a stunningly bad idea.

Sorry to have a pop but Corbyn is utterly irresponsible ( bordering on treasonous) to suggest it.

I have read it......it isn't particularly long and the words aren't too difficult for me.

The reason we cannot trigger A50 is that the Leave group haven't got a plan....and are totally disorganised - a shambles in fact

Cameron said he would trigger it and didn't - another lie!
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

I firmly believe that going out will cause harm to the people who voted for it. If more than half of MPs also believe that it will cause more measurable harm to do it than not, is it ethical to go through with it?

My feeling is no.
howsillyofme1
First Secretary of State

Post by howsillyofme1 »

tinyclanger2 wrote:I firmly believe that going out will cause harm to the people who voted for it. If more than half of MPs also believe that it will cause more measurable harm to do it than not, is it ethical to go through with it?

My feeling is no.

You are of course right....but it will never happen
TobyLatimer
Chief Whip

Post by TobyLatimer »

Javid and Crabb to run on joint ticket for Tory leadership bid.
TobyLatimer
Chief Whip

Post by TobyLatimer »

George Eaton reckons that a big story to break claiming Jeremy voted Leave. How anyone else apart from JC would know what happens in the privacy of the ballot box escapes me.
howsillyofme1
First Secretary of State

Post by howsillyofme1 »

TobyLatimer wrote:Javid and Crabb to run on joint ticket for Tory leadership bid.

FFS - hope you are joking?

Are they going for the Welsh vote - mind you seeing th Welsh voted for Leave nothing would surprise me

And I thought Labour were devoid of talent
JustMom
Committee Member

Post by JustMom »

I read somewhere that David Miliband is in this country,maybe he's their secret weapon.
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

TechnicalEphemera wrote:
howsillyofme1 wrote:

I'm dim on finance and all the ins and outs of treaties so this is a genuine ask.

How much patience have the EU and companies got? They are already pushing. Surely they don't want to be left hanging too long? Doesn't that create uncertainties in the market? We've just had our credit rating downgraded.
howsillyofme1
First Secretary of State

Post by howsillyofme1 »

The BBC’s political editor Laura Kuenssberg is reporting that Peter Mandelson is being floated as a possible leadership candidate.

— Laura Kuenssberg (@bbcIaurak)
June 27, 2016

BREAKING: Understand Peter Mandelson is being suggested by MPs as a potential candidate to oppose Corbyns in a leadership contest.
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

Peter. Mandelson.
StephenDolan
First Secretary of State

Post by StephenDolan »

Rebecca wrote:
Temulkar wrote:Who was the mp who claimed there was no orchestrated campaign to drip drip?

Lucy Powell when interviewed by Nick Robinson on Today.
howsillyofme1
First Secretary of State

Post by howsillyofme1 »

ohsocynical wrote:
TechnicalEphemera wrote:
howsillyofme1 wrote:

I'm dim on finance and all the ins and outs of treaties so this is a genuine ask.

How much patience have the EU and companies got? They are already pushing. Surely they don't want to be left hanging too long? Doesn't that create uncertainties in the market? We've just had our credit rating downgraded.

Depends - can't force it but they can make it very difficult for us

I wrote a post on my thoughts earlier on
StephenDolan
First Secretary of State

Post by StephenDolan »

tinyclanger2 wrote:Peter. Mandelson.
:rofl:
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

England losing to Iceland.
And I'm pleased.
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

And anyway isn't it the Tories who have to make the final decision? If they stay true to form surely they'll fudge and delay and hope 'something comes along'?
Or, have I read it correctly and a vote has to be taken by MPs before anything can be done?
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

Craig Woodhouse ✔ @craigawoodhouse
Presumably we're losing to Iceland as part of some deal to get into the EEA.
TobyLatimer
Chief Whip

Post by TobyLatimer »

howsillyofme1 wrote:
TobyLatimer wrote:Javid and Crabb to run on joint ticket for Tory leadership bid.

FFS - hope you are joking?

Are they going for the Welsh vote - mind you seeing th Welsh voted for Leave nothing would surprise me

And I thought Labour were devoid of talent
Nope, Sky news had an item on it a few mins ago, and i just noticed Tim Shipman has laid claim to breaking it 8 weeks ago in the Sunday Times

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

howsillyofme1 wrote:
ohsocynical wrote:
TechnicalEphemera wrote: If you read article 50 you will understand why triggering it is a stunningly bad idea.

Depends - can't force it but they can make it very difficult for us

I wrote a post on my thoughts earlier on
I think we can agree that whatever happens we're in deep doo-doos.
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

ohsocynical wrote:And anyway isn't it the Tories who have to make the final decision? If they stay true to form surely they'll fudge and delay and hope 'something comes along'?
Or, have I read it correctly and a vote has to be taken by MPs before anything can be done?
https://ukconstitutionallaw.org/2016/06 ... able-role/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
bunch of lawyers say it needs authorization through an Act of Parliament
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

Paul Kirby @paul1kirby
2-1, England? Lacking respect for foreigners. No single marking. Not enough freedom of movement.
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

howsillyofme1 wrote:The BBC’s political editor Laura Kuenssberg is reporting that Peter Mandelson is being floated as a possible leadership candidate.

June 27, 2016

BREAKING: Understand Peter Mandelson is being suggested by MPs as a potential candidate to oppose Corbyns in a leadership contest.
Well he's right up Blairs arse. That'll go down well with the membership.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

The leader of the Labour party doesn't need to be an MP?
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

howsillyofme1 wrote:The BBC’s political editor Laura Kuenssberg is reporting that Peter Mandelson is being floated as a possible leadership candidate.

June 27, 2016

Seriously? God. I'd have to vote for Jeremy Corbyn if that's the calibre of his opposition.
TechnicalEphemera
Speaker of the House

StephenDolan wrote:
I think it unlikely.

Edit

Unless the plan is to lose abd immediately trigger another contest to make a point.
Last edited by TechnicalEphemera on Mon 27 Jun, 2016 8:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Release the Guardvarks.
TobyLatimer
Chief Whip

Post by TobyLatimer »

Mandy vs Jeremy in a democratic vote to members, ? Bring it on.
howsillyofme1
First Secretary of State

Post by howsillyofme1 »

citizenJA wrote:The leader of the Labour party doesn't need to be an MP?
Not necessarily but he can now resign his peerage and I am sure some lickspittle would resign his/her seat - fuck knows if he would win though!!!!

Can you imagine Corbyn campaigning for him lol
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

New poll puts Labour ahead of Tories for first time since Jeremy Corbyn became leader

YouGov’s director says the Conservatives’ 'Euro squabbles' are 'hurting the party’s image'

http://linkis.com/independent.co.uk/EbSPT
What. A. Waste.
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

TechnicalEphemera wrote:
StephenDolan wrote:
I think it unlikely.

Edit

Unless the plan is to lose abd immediately trigger another contest to make a point.
They'll try every trick in the book. I think that's becoming obvious.
Temulkar
Secretary of State

Post by Temulkar »

StephenDolan wrote:
Rebecca wrote:

Owen Smith admitted live on air that it was being orchestrated, and fair play condemned the plotters for that.
Temulkar
Secretary of State

Post by Temulkar »

Peter Mandleson - someone must be having a laugh - he is despised by everyone.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

A lot of pretend Socialists with their Chardonnay and Vermouth I don't even know what the latter is.Us real Socialists don't indullge in such bourgoise pretensions,really is a disgrace they don't comply with the rule book on this,I bet they haven't even read it .Tsk.
howsillyofme1
First Secretary of State

Post by howsillyofme1 »

Temulkar wrote:
StephenDolan wrote:
Rebecca wrote: Just some lying fucker I suppose.

Owen Smith admitted live on air that it was being orchestrated, and fair play condemned the plotters for that.
If some of the resignations can be shown to not be part of some sort of plot....such as them condemning them like Smith did then perhaps, and just perhaps, that may open it up for more credible contenders
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

That was a pretty big rally in London. Corbyn spoke. Said those who wanted a change in leadership must take part in a fair election. Skinner turned up to give support. A great cheer for him.
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

There was something a bit unsettling about the way John McDonnell was behaving. And I usually like John McDonnell.
howsillyofme1
First Secretary of State

Post by howsillyofme1 »

HindleA wrote:A lot of pretend Socialists with their Chardonnay and Vermouth I don't even know what the latter is.Us real Socialists don't indullge in such bourgoise pretensions,really is a disgrace they don't comply with the rule book on this,I bet they haven't even read it .Tsk.
I had a Pukka Pie washed down with Dandelion and Burdock......think I am a proper prole!