Tuesday 28th June 2016

A home from home
Forum rules
Welcome to FTN. New posters are welcome to join the conversation. You can follow us on Twitter @FlythenestHaven You are responsible for the content you post. This is a public forum. Treat it as if you are speaking in a crowded room. Site admin and Moderators are volunteers who will respond as quickly as they are able to when made aware of any complaints. Please do not post copyrighted material without the original authors permission.
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Re: Tuesday 28th June 2016

Post by ohsocynical »

God I'm three quarters of a hour from London and I can hear the knives being sharpened from here
We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office. – Aesop
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/201 ... th-english" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
found myself thinking about this very same thing yesterday
LET'S FACE IT I'M JUST 'KIN' SEETHIN'
NonOxCol
Chief Whip

Post by NonOxCol »

Farage has commented on the tram abuse.

Reading what he said won't calm anyone down.
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

Why didn't we have Farage arrested for hate speech years ago?
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/abubakar-k ... 05426.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;?
Brexit A Wake-Up Call To Dangers Of Right-Wing Extremism

Canada
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

Temulkar wrote:
letsskiptotheleft wrote:Oh Christ, even some of his cabinet didn't even vote for him..

For the love of God just go..
put up a candidate
I've heard Jarvis. Others have said Watson and some woman....

I'm afraid it's down to the principle of the thing now.
I am following the democracy line. Don't care about who wants what. There is right and there is wrong and I refuse to be part of the witch hunt which is what it is.

And if anyone is joining in the hunt and ignoring the rules, then shame on you. You deserve what you get.

See you all later....Maybe
We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office. – Aesop
letsskiptotheleft
Home Secretary

Post by letsskiptotheleft »

Temulkar wrote:
letsskiptotheleft wrote:
Temulkar wrote: And? I have every right to an opinion, and actually spent twenty years pounding the streets for Labour so fuck off with your attitude. I have already mooted rejoining labour in the last few days. You know, I wasnt going to but I think you have persuaded me.

If they could beat him none of this would be happening, but they cant and now hell get another vote.
Well it's my party too, and I have spent years pounding streets, shoving leaflets through fucking doors, I never fucked off, but then I'm not as ideological pure as you, I'm only a miners daughter who went to a comp, a shit comp, damp on walls and ceilings, you went to Christ College, Brecon, good, nice for you, so don't pretend to be a working class fucking hero cod you ain't.I know the good 13 years of Labour gov done, and any Labour government is better than a Tory.

And to think some tell Hugo to fuck off.
I got a scholarship to Christ College, Brecon, as it so happens - all fees paid for. I was in Olchfa Comp for five years before that and a primary school in Swansea before that, as well infants in Tycroes. I had a single mother bringing up two kids on her own and didnt see my Maerdy born dad for 10 years. So I gutted chickens in fairwood common for a farmer every summer whilst my schoolmates played in the carribean because we needed the money. Both my parents were the children of miners, my grandfather - who was basically my father figure from the age of 2 - was a labour councillor and took me to my first meeting in a pram.

I got lucky and sat a test, I passed it and was offered a way to a fantastic education, and I took it with both hands. Unlike others with my qualifications and backgroud, and despite offers from top public schools, I chose to go into state education as a teacher because I felt I could help more there. I came home to Wales, giving up my successful career without a seconds thought, when my mum fell ill with COPD and breast cancer, and after all she sacrificed to give me the oppurtunities above what else would I do. My brother is ex forces, severe diabetic + recovering addict with mental health issues living in gwalia housing in Morriston, and dealing with the DWP.

I grew up on the same streets as you, probably know people in common with you, so fuck off with your attitude.
Thing what's gets me about you is that you do not giving a flying shit about the Labour Party, you've basically said as much, good, you're a Green, again good. Every name mentioned, granted not a very invigorating bunch is pounced on, no name is good enough apart from Corbyn, a man who could well bring down the whole caboodle, my opinion, others are out there.

I could again tell you to fuck off, but am bored with it.
yahyah
Prime Minister

Post by yahyah »

There must be something in the air today.
I've just had a row with my husband because I have vetoed him buying an electric nail gun for a DIY job. Too dangerous in my opinion. We don't normally row.
Temulkar
Secretary of State

Post by Temulkar »

letsskiptotheleft wrote:
Temulkar wrote:
letsskiptotheleft wrote: Well it's my party too, and I have spent years pounding streets, shoving leaflets through fucking doors, I never fucked off, but then I'm not as ideological pure as you, I'm only a miners daughter who went to a comp, a shit comp, damp on walls and ceilings, you went to Christ College, Brecon, good, nice for you, so don't pretend to be a working class fucking hero cod you ain't.I know the good 13 years of Labour gov done, and any Labour government is better than a Tory.

And to think some tell Hugo to fuck off.
I got a scholarship to Christ College, Brecon, as it so happens - all fees paid for. I was in Olchfa Comp for five years before that and a primary school in Swansea before that, as well infants in Tycroes. I had a single mother bringing up two kids on her own and didnt see my Maerdy born dad for 10 years. So I gutted chickens in fairwood common for a farmer every summer whilst my schoolmates played in the carribean because we needed the money. Both my parents were the children of miners, my grandfather - who was basically my father figure from the age of 2 - was a labour councillor and took me to my first meeting in a pram.

I got lucky and sat a test, I passed it and was offered a way to a fantastic education, and I took it with both hands. Unlike others with my qualifications and backgroud, and despite offers from top public schools, I chose to go into state education as a teacher because I felt I could help more there. I came home to Wales, giving up my successful career without a seconds thought, when my mum fell ill with COPD and breast cancer, and after all she sacrificed to give me the oppurtunities above what else would I do. My brother is ex forces, severe diabetic + recovering addict with mental health issues living in gwalia housing in Morriston, and dealing with the DWP.

I grew up on the same streets as you, probably know people in common with you, so fuck off with your attitude.
Thing what's gets me about you is that you do not giving a flying shit about the Labour Party, you've basically said as much, good, you're a Green, again good. Every name mentioned, granted not a very invigorating bunch is pounced on, no name is good enough apart from Corbyn, a man who could well bring down the whole caboodle, my opinion, others are out there.

You could apoligise for horrendously misjudging who I am and my background on the school I went to, but I will let that pass. Instead I will apologise for swearing at you, it was wrong, we all need to treat each other with respect. A better politics is what this is all about, after all.
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

http://www.hindustantimes.com/editorial ... Ej8H.html?
This kind of far Right posturing has been mostly associated with the European continent. British intellectuals are mystified by this ugly nationalism and there is now an emerging consensus that what we are seeing is a backlash against the uneven outcomes of globalisation — whereby the few with access to economic and cultural capital have massively benefitted from an interconnected world while millions in the working class were shut out.
ephemerid
Speaker of the House

Post by ephemerid »

tinyclanger2 wrote:
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/ho ... 06861.html
Queen in line for £3m pay rise unless sovereign grant reviewed

That's do naicely.

Thenk you, peasants.
"Poverty is the worst form of violence" - Mahatma Gandhi
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

The Brits finally revolt and what do we do? Shoot ourselves in the head.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

tinyclanger2 wrote:

Confidence Vote in Queen/Put alternative candidate/Storm the Palace and replace?
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

"Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room!"

from, Dr. Strangelove
fedup59
Committee Member

Post by fedup59 »

tinyclanger2 wrote:The Brits finally revolt and what do we do? Shoot ourselves in the head.
Blazing saddles anyone?
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

ephemerid wrote:
tinyclanger2 wrote:

That's do naicely.

Thenk you, peasants.

You're not there yet,we haven't followed the correct procedure.

Basic grammatical and spelling error brought on by rapid fire panic/excitement syndrome.
Last edited by HindleA on Tue 28 Jun, 2016 6:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/201 ... xit-fears/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;?
profit warning from easyjet - check out the graph
TobyLatimer
Chief Whip

Post by TobyLatimer »

Jack Straw: "This is the most serious crisis to have affected the Labour Party since 1935...or Labour's formation"

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
letsskiptotheleft
Home Secretary

Temulkar wrote:
letsskiptotheleft wrote:
Temulkar wrote: I got a scholarship to Christ College, Brecon, as it so happens - all fees paid for. I was in Olchfa Comp for five years before that and a primary school in Swansea before that, as well infants in Tycroes. I had a single mother bringing up two kids on her own and didnt see my Maerdy born dad for 10 years. So I gutted chickens in fairwood common for a farmer every summer whilst my schoolmates played in the carribean because we needed the money. Both my parents were the children of miners, my grandfather - who was basically my father figure from the age of 2 - was a labour councillor and took me to my first meeting in a pram.

You could apoligise for horrendously misjudging who I am and my background on the school I went to, but I will let that pass. Instead I will apologise for swearing at you, it was wrong, we all need to treat each other with respect. A better politics is what this is all about, after all.
There is no need to apologise, but if I have offended you I will..

The gathering shit storm hasn't even started properly, a firm from the North of England, computers, software, services and so on normally does around 60,000 quids worth of business a day, on average, on Monday they did nothing, not a misprint, did no work at all.

I just want an effective opposition to what we have in government, at the moment there isn't even a semblance of one.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

Bloody hell,didn't think he was that old.
yahyah
Prime Minister

Post by yahyah »

fedup59 wrote:
tinyclanger2 wrote:The Brits finally revolt and what do we do? Shoot ourselves in the head.
Blazing saddles anyone?

I'll get the beans.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

yahyah wrote:
fedup59 wrote:
Blazing saddles anyone?

I'll get the beans.

Arse on fire and you want to add beans?
yahyah
Prime Minister

Post by yahyah »

I'm just completing a YouGov poll with questions about Corbyn.
Am answering honestly. Questions like how likely Labour will win the next election under him, how likely he is to be PM.
TR'sGhost
Minister of State

Post by TR'sGhost »

RogerOThornhill wrote:Time for people to take a bit of a break.

Seriously, let's have a day off from here and go and do something else while this plays out.
I tried that yesterday afternoon. Then I made the mistake of trying to catch up on Facebook which I've pretty much ignored for the last couple few days.

So that's 5 people I don't want to hear from again. 4 of the "shout down anyone who disagrees with Nigel" variety, and the 30-something son of a very good friend who died unexpectedly not too long ago. Completely out of the blue, the son started posting Daily Mail front pages on Tuesday, by Thursday was adding his own enthusiastic comments on what should happen to immigrants next, and by Friday was displaying a grasp of British and US racist vocabulary I never knew he had. Complete with his comments calling for "all immigrants to the ferries LOL" and far, far worse. Der Sturmer would have been proud of him. His father would have been appalled.

I do wonder how his British Asian employers would react if they knew. Come to that, I would hope most employers would be a little wary of an employee who cheers on racist violence.
I'm getting tired of calming down....
GetYou
Minister of State

Post by GetYou »

Jeremy Corbyn refuses to resign after losing no-confidence vote

Good. I've got no confidence in the no-confidencers.
I suggest the local party committees go behind their backs and have secret ballots to deselect them.
Then they can drip-feed the results, one constituency at a time, each hour, over several days.
It's the only language they understand.

[edir: speeling]
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

If tensions are high it is because we all give a fuck

As Conficius said(not sure if direct quote)
TR'sGhost
Minister of State

Post by TR'sGhost »

tinyclanger2 wrote:Why didn't we have Farage arrested for hate speech years ago?
Because his activities are/were useful to someone?

One of the oddities about the hate speech laws is that you can avoid them to a great extent by careful use of language. CPS guidance (On the web somewhere) indicates they would be reluctant to prosecute someone not directly encouraging violence or mistreatment towards specific individuals. Have a generalised go at all ethnic minorities and there's a good chance the police will do nothing at all.

Anyway, Farage has the openly fascist groups to spread the nasty stuff for him while he dog-whistles denies he's in the least bit racist and claims he has no idea why his party is so attractive to racists. After all, UKIP are "the only party ex-BNP members aren't allowed to join" and he keeps "distancing" himself from the UKIP councillors who open their mouths and insert both feet.
I'm getting tired of calming down....
yahyah
Prime Minister

Post by yahyah »

Is it just me, or does it seem like part of the puzzle is missing at the moment ?
Not about Labour, but about the Brexit aftermath ?
GetYou
Minister of State

Post by GetYou »

Sarah Champion says she has resigned as shadow minister for preventing abuse.
And it happened right under your nose, too.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

https://www.cps.gov.uk/publications/pro ... k.html#a07" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ?
letsskiptotheleft
Home Secretary

Still feel shame that we basically turned our back on fellow Europeans, Farage wailing we have got our country.

Went to Cardiff earlier, bloody bookshelves from ikea, the "bloke" apologised to a few Germans, but the shame will linger for a while..

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

Good to see yahyah maintained the veto on the buying of DIY items after robust negotiations.Clarity on some things at least.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

Sister in law in bits(Brussels) and inconsolable.-"Stateless""I'm not going back to an increasing racist thug Country"
Last edited by HindleA on Tue 28 Jun, 2016 6:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AngryAsWell
Prime Minister

Post by AngryAsWell »

GetYou wrote:
Sarah Champion says she has resigned as shadow minister for preventing abuse.
And it happened right under your nose, too.
Can we not smear, good honest hardworking MP's simply because they don't share Corbyn view of things.
Schools, social services, social worker, the council & the council's child protection policy are all well ahead of an MP for failings.
Or do you expect her to monitor children 24/7 in person.
GetYou
Minister of State

Post by GetYou »

Fair enough AAW, it was a bad joke at the end of a long day, for which I apologise.
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

http://www.newstatesman.com/science-tec ... ive-brexit
UK scientists receive close to £1bn annually for research from the EU – a testament to the quality and influence of the work done on British soil. Between 2007 and 2013, the UK sector supported EU projects by spending €5.4bn, and was rewarded in return with funds of around €8.8bn; it’s a give and take relationship that has seen growth for both.

Speaking to the BBC, Sir Paul Nurse, Nobel Prize winner and director of The Francis Crick Institute said: “Being in the EU gives us access to ideas, people and to investment in science." The Royal Society reports that researchers at UK universities house more than 31,000 researchers of EU origin. The danger of losing much of that support is now imminent.
Forgive me for asking but is this version of "democracy" really worth it?
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

yahyah wrote:Is it just me, or does it seem like part of the puzzle is missing at the moment ?
Not about Labour, but about the Brexit aftermath ?
Seems to me that the lid of the box with the picture on it is missing.
TechnicalEphemera
Speaker of the House

Post by TechnicalEphemera »

yahyah wrote:I'm just completing a YouGov poll with questions about Corbyn.
Am answering honestly. Questions like how likely Labour will win the next election under him, how likely he is to be PM.
Well those answers are binary

Probability of Labour winning 0.

Probability of him being PM 0

There is probably a debate about the probability of any alternative doing either, greater than 0, but by how much.

The Mirror headline should have told him the game is up, as should the fact he had to withdraw a confidence motion in his own PLP because it wouldn't pass.
Release the Guardvarks.
ephemerid
Speaker of the House

Post by ephemerid »

HindleA wrote:
ephemerid wrote:
tinyclanger2 wrote:

That's do naicely.

Thenk you, peasants.

You're not there yet,we haven't followed the correct procedure.

Basic grammatical and spelling error brought on by rapid fire panic/excitement syndrome.

You, Hindle, are appointed Lord High Pedanticus of Marathonia, and are now in charge of all procedural protocol.

(Unless I say otherwise - I am the Queen, after all)

T.Latimer, Esq. is appointed Lord of the Bedchamber, on account of having to be in, er, bed.

Lady Ohso is appointed chief cook and batterer of recalcitrant Lord High Whatevers (see above).

Mrs.Yahyah is appointed Lady Ambassadress to Italy, whence she will fetch the entire cast of Inspector Montalbano for me to look at.

Sir Temulkar can be ones' scribe and record ones' reign for posterity.

The Royal Highness MBC is now Keeper of Truth Ferrets, and we'll shoot the corgis and have 'em for lunch (a pie, please, Ohso)

T.Clanger is to be Seether-In-Chief, with the specific brief of being deeply foul to anyone called Murdoch, Barclay, or Rothermere.

This could work.

As he may soon be retired, that nice Mr.Corbyn can supply elderberry wine and raspberry jam to the Royal Household.

I'm hoping to find a spot for Mr.Hodgson, but as he's so useless we can't have him charge of the Royal Tournament. Ideas please.

You will all be paid the minimum wage, less my percentage (99%), and be expected to do beck and call stuff 24 hours a day.

That is all.

(I get to keep all the diamonds, so don't get your hopes up there, girls. You can keep the frocks. I intend to wear baggy trousers)
Last edited by ephemerid on Tue 28 Jun, 2016 6:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Poverty is the worst form of violence" - Mahatma Gandhi
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

tinyclanger2 wrote:
http://www.newstatesman.com/science-tec ... ive-brexit
UK scientists receive close to £1bn annually for research from the EU – a testament to the quality and influence of the work done on British soil. Between 2007 and 2013, the UK sector supported EU projects by spending €5.4bn, and was rewarded in return with funds of around €8.8bn; it’s a give and take relationship that has seen growth for both.

Speaking to the BBC, Sir Paul Nurse, Nobel Prize winner and director of The Francis Crick Institute said: “Being in the EU gives us access to ideas, people and to investment in science." The Royal Society reports that researchers at UK universities house more than 31,000 researchers of EU origin. The danger of losing much of that support is now imminent.
Forgive me for asking but is this version of "democracy" really worth it?
Makes you wonder, doesn't it?
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

ephemerid wrote:

T.Clanger is to be Seether-In-Chief, with the specific brief of being deeply fouls to anyone called Murdoch, Barclay, or Rothermere.
Deeply honoured, ma'am.
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

HindleA wrote:
Don't let PF see.
AngryAsWell
Prime Minister

Post by AngryAsWell »

GetYou wrote:Fair enough AAW, it was a bad joke at the end of a long day, for which I apologise.
Yep - guess we're all a bit on the line
Friendly :hug: hugs
Rebecca
Lord Chancellor

Post by Rebecca »

If there is a general election soon I daresay the plp will be asking for donations.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

tinyclanger2 wrote:
HindleA wrote:
Don't let PF see.
I think it is correct now,but in spirit of honesty/stupidity of saying I had a made a mistake I revealed I had.
TechnicalEphemera
Speaker of the House

Post by TechnicalEphemera »

Rebecca wrote:If there is a general election soon I daresay the plp will be asking for donations.
Depends on the Brexit position they take. If they adopt the Tim Farron option they may be buried under an avalanche of cash.

The madness has to be stopped by somebody as no government (not even Farage) could leave the single market.
Release the Guardvarks.
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

7m ago 18:49

What is about European summits and the need for their participants to refuel by sinking their teeth into the meat of young calves?

The menu being served up to David Cameron . . . (Politics Live, Guardian)
I genuinely misread that as |"The menu being served up by David Cameron . . . ".

I do still have a headache, though, so that's probably why.
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

If some small benefit can come from last week’s Brexit trauma, perhaps it will be to concentrate the minds of the younger generation on the chronic neglect of their, genuine, long-term interests by our political system.
http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/bre ... 07666.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
letsskiptotheleft
Home Secretary

Farage reckons the EU laughed at him 17 years, but they ain't laughing now.

Oh they will Nige, when we as a country accept whatever the EU demands.

He who laughs last laughs longest..
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

Your membership is due for renewal.Signed J.Corbyn,membership secretary.

Vague recollection of Gough Whitlam fulfilling the task of leader and 25 Ministerial posts,I may have exaggerated.