Friday 8th.July 2016

A home from home
Forum rules
Welcome to FTN. New posters are welcome to join the conversation. You can follow us on Twitter @FlythenestHaven You are responsible for the content you post. This is a public forum. Treat it as if you are speaking in a crowded room. Site admin and Moderators are volunteers who will respond as quickly as they are able to when made aware of any complaints. Please do not post copyrighted material without the original authors permission.
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

Re: Friday 8th.July 2016

Post by RogerOThornhill »

PorFavor wrote:
HindleA wrote:As an experiment I pointed at a piece of cod ,for some time,it didn't make feel prime ministerial in the slightest,probably final confirmation it was simly not meant to be.The waiting customers in the chippy would no doubt agree.
I read that Nigel Farage intends to engage in a spot of fishing in his new-found spare time.

There's an opening there for a new double-act.
"I'll point to it. You catch it"
If I'm not here, then I'll be in the library. Or the other library.
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

You do have to wonder at the Tories saying "well she's lost my vote now" - why on earth were they going to vote for her before?

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/201 ... ea-leadsom
“I’m an optimist,” Andrea began, fixing her face into an inane smile. “I want a country in which everyone who aims high can achieve their dreams.” It was certainly working for her. From Chance the Gardener to within striking distance of becoming prime minister. Not for the first time in the past few weeks, fiction was rewriting itself as fact.

After every sentence, Andrea lapsed into yet another inane smile. Her advisers appear to have mistakenly informed her that smiling inanely is a sign of confidence and gravitas. Next, she said she wanted to banish pessimists. She didn’t say where. France, probably. “The forecasts for the economy have all been wrong,” she added, turning a chart showing the plunging value of the pound upside down. Before smiling inanely again. It was like a primary school prize-giving speech from someone who had been drafted in at the last minute after the first 12 choices had made themselves unavailable.
Utterly clueless - and people were going to vote for this?
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

Goodnight, everyone
love,
cJA
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

FWIW A.Leadsom complaining of gutter journalism,opposite of what I said,how could you etc on twitter.
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

HindleA wrote:FWIW A.Leadsom complaining of gutter journalism,opposite of what I said,how could you etc on twitter.
and being ably supported by the Mensch...but not getting a lot of sympathy from the twitter journos who doubt that The Times would simply make up direct quotes.
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

Final post...but this is good.

:D
letsskiptotheleft
Home Secretary

Post by letsskiptotheleft »

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Doesn't get any better!
Hobiejoe
Minister of State

Post by Hobiejoe »

RogerOThornhill wrote:You do have to wonder at the Tories saying "well she's lost my vote now" - why on earth were they going to vote for her before?

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/201 ... ea-leadsom
“I’m an optimist,” Andrea began, fixing her face into an inane smile. “I want a country in which everyone who aims high can achieve their dreams.” It was certainly working for her. From Chance the Gardener to within striking distance of becoming prime minister. Not for the first time in the past few weeks, fiction was rewriting itself as fact.

After every sentence, Andrea lapsed into yet another inane smile. Her advisers appear to have mistakenly informed her that smiling inanely is a sign of confidence and gravitas. Next, she said she wanted to banish pessimists. She didn’t say where. France, probably. “The forecasts for the economy have all been wrong,” she added, turning a chart showing the plunging value of the pound upside down. Before smiling inanely again. It was like a primary school prize-giving speech from someone who had been drafted in at the last minute after the first 12 choices had made themselves unavailable.
Utterly clueless - and people were going to vote for this?
Oh gods, please don't let her start doing the Crosby Patent Legs Akimbo Pelvic Thrust Powerstance.

*edit* Ooops.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

S.Crabb maybe hopeful it dominates at the expense of his sextexting story.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

David Schneider

Leadsom’s right. The following prove being a parent makes you a better leader:
Kim Jong Il
Genghis Khan
Himmler
Stalin
Pol Pot
Darth Vader
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

Having read transcripts it reads as "I don't want to make it about that ,that would be horrible"but ....basic bollox of mother having more stake in ,is still main contention.

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/201 ... s-children" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Last edited by HindleA on Sat 09 Jul, 2016 3:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

Doesn't she want to scrap maternity pay for small businesses,I suppose enhanced motherhood empathy only goes so far.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

Crabb story in the Mirror,Christians eh?Apologies to any actual Christians.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/ma ... bb-8382784" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

My better half had a rule of thumb.The quicker the mention of being a Christian the less likelihood they were,devout ascription certain confirmation otherwise."If you are a Christian you don't have to tell people,you just are"
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

Never understood "devout" is this purely a self description or according to a measurable gauge of level of hypocrisy?.I have a genetic disposition to spend inordinate time as my mum eloquently states "wanting to know the far end of a fart" I was gurgling questions from birth.I have an "Overthinkers Anonymous"session later,we don't get much further than discussing what constitutes overthink,still seems to help,strap line "Overthink,Overthink,Overthink"(AA people will recognise reference)