Tuesday 12th July 2016

A home from home
Forum rules
Welcome to FTN. New posters are welcome to join the conversation. You can follow us on Twitter @FlythenestHaven You are responsible for the content you post. This is a public forum. Treat it as if you are speaking in a crowded room. Site admin and Moderators are volunteers who will respond as quickly as they are able to when made aware of any complaints. Please do not post copyrighted material without the original authors permission.
refitman
Site Admin

Tuesday 12th July 2016

Post by refitman »

Morning all.
TobyLatimer
Chief Whip

Re: Tuesday 12th July 2016

Post by TobyLatimer »

Anybody there ?

BBC ?

Where's Robert Peston ?

Michael Crick ?

No ?

Bugger this, I'm back off to bed for a bit.
yahyah
Prime Minister

Post by yahyah »

Morning.

Thanks thatchersorphan for the links on Owen Smith. Useful information.
& lovely to hear from seeingclearly, glad things are improving even if slowly.
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

Post by RogerOThornhill »

Morning all.

Not here for long - I'm at a meeting of school HTs and chairs with our LA director of education and the local *cough* Regional Schools Commissioner who will no doubt tell us about the benefits of becoming an academy and ignore the downsides.

I've seen the letter our council CEO sent to NiMo and the reply from Nash - it's as if they're talking at cross-purposes - Nash completely ignores all of the points in the letter and simply reiterates government policy.

What fun this will be eh?
If I'm not here, then I'll be in the library. Or the other library.
yahyah
Prime Minister

Post by yahyah »

Morning.

The Western Mail's chief political correspondent writes on how a Labour split could be disastrous for Welsh Labour and could provide Plaid with the catalyst they need to progress as a party.

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/polit ... r-11600554" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Last edited by yahyah on Tue 12 Jul, 2016 8:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
TobyLatimer
Chief Whip

Post by TobyLatimer »

From The Guardian report on how the cabinet might look :
Priti Patel – Another leading Brexiter, Patel could be a good fit for work and pensions secretary, as she is currently employment minister

It appears we have a new Department of 'Fit For Work & Pensions'

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/201 ... government" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

http://uk.businessinsider.com/brexit-dr ... ?r=US&IR=T" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
A leading constitutional expert said he believes the government failed to follow its own rules in the way it ran the Brexit referendum, agreeing with a prominent Eurosceptic lawyer who raised the point in the House of Commons.
To be honest I'd be amazed if it hadn't.
LET'S FACE IT I'M JUST 'KIN' SEETHIN'
yahyah
Prime Minister

Post by yahyah »

Is it only entryism when the left of the party do it ?
yahyah
Prime Minister

Post by yahyah »

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/women/politi ... a-perfume/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Eagle's pink launch, from a female writer. Sanghani seems to not know the difference between a suit and a jacket.
utopiandreams
Speaker of the House

Post by utopiandreams »

Sorry for one final facile comment, not that I've added anything to the conversation of late, but the state of politics in this country has descended into madness. Unless I turn my back for a while so shall I. As things stand I shall never vote for a party that ousts its leader against the wishes of its members... In the meantime... Well words fail me, which is just as well as I've got to dash.
I would close my eyes if I couldn't dream.
NonOxCol
Chief Whip

Post by NonOxCol »

Morning.

With adult language from the start, this is the epitaph for David Cameron you won't see or hear on the BBC:

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"I agree with Nick."
yahyah
Prime Minister

Post by yahyah »

Have been trying to find out how much Eagle's attempts to 'unify' the party will cost.
Running a leadership election must cost the Labour party money in printing, postal and staff costs.
If anyone knows, would appreciate hearing how much it is. A quick search didn't bring results.
utopiandreams
Speaker of the House

Post by utopiandreams »

I had an ex-gamekeeper brother-in-law who kept birds of prey, their screech is surprisingly piercing for such large birds.
I would close my eyes if I couldn't dream.
nickyinnorfolk
Minister of State

Post by nickyinnorfolk »

An open letter to Theresa May and all MPs regarding Brexit from over 1000 lawyers.

Cameron, who is ultimately to blame for this horrendous mess, washed his hands of the whole affair, allegedly saying 'why should I do the hard shit?' (once he was indoors after his resignation speech). That kind of sums him up.

Well, perhaps May will see sense and try and halt the madness. It depends whether she feels the wrath of the Tory Europhobes is a price worth paying for the good of the country. We'll see.
Dear Prime Minister and Members of Parliament

Re: Brexit

We are all individual members of the Bars of England and Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland. We are writing to propose a way forward which reconciles the legal, constitutional and political issues which arise following the Brexit referendum.

The result of the referendum must be acknowledged. Our legal opinion is that the referendum is advisory.

The European Referendum Act does not make it legally binding. We believe that in order to trigger Article 50, there must first be primary legislation. It is of the utmost importance that the legislative process is informed by an objective understanding as to the benefits, costs and risks of triggering Article 50.

The reasons for this include the following: There is evidence that the referendum result was influenced by misrepresentations of fact and promises that could not be delivered.

Since the result was only narrowly in favour of Brexit, it cannot be discounted that the misrepresentations and promises were a decisive or contributory factor in the result.

The parliamentary vote must not be similarly affected. The referendum did not set a threshold necessary to leave the EU, commonly adopted in polls of national importance, e.g. 60% of those voting or 40% of the electorate.

This is presumably because the result was only advisory. The outcome of the exit process will affect a generation of people who were not old enough to vote in the referendum.

The positions of Scotland, Northern Ireland and Gibraltar require special consideration, since their populations did not vote to leave the EU.

The referendum did not concern the negotiating position of the UK following the triggering of Article 50, nor the possibility that no agreement could be reached within the stipulated two year period for negotiation, nor the emerging reality that the Article 50 negotiations will concern only the manner of exit from the EU and not future economic relationships.

All of these matters need to be fully explored and understood prior to the Parliamentary vote. The Parliamentary vote should take place with a greater understanding as to the economic consequences of Brexit, as businesses and investors in the UK start to react to the outcome of the referendum.

For all of these reasons, it is proposed that the Government establishes, as a matter of urgency, a Royal Commission or an equivalent independent body to receive evidence and report, within a short, fixed timescale, on the benefits, costs and risks of triggering Article 50 to the UK as a whole, and to all of its constituent populations.

The Parliamentary vote should not take place until the Commission has reported. In view of the extremely serious constitutional, economic and legal importance of the vote either way, we believe that there should be a free vote in Parliament.

Yours sincerely

PHILIP KOLVIN QC

And 1053 others
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/po ... 30226.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
nickyinnorfolk
Minister of State

Post by nickyinnorfolk »

NonOxCol wrote:Morning.

With adult language from the start, this is the epitaph for David Cameron you won't see or hear on the BBC:

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"I agree with Nick."
Brilliant piece
pala
Backbencher

Post by pala »

yahyah wrote:Image

Of course it isn't. TB: the entryists' entryist.
tinybgoat
Speaker of the House

Post by tinybgoat »

When JC was elected, was there ever a call from anyone in Labour for people to join / pay £3 specifically to vote for him, or was that just from outside the party ( press/tories etc.)

It just seems to be taking it to a different level having a candidate specifically requesting people sign up to vote for them.

(edit, this was meant to be a reply, but must have typed in wrong box)
ephemerid
Speaker of the House

Post by ephemerid »

Yes, yahyah.

It's not entryism when Progress do it, not entryism when Angela does it, and it won't be entryism when Owen/whoever does it.

"Entryism" is such a daft expression - it stands to reason that campaigners for whichever side will encourage people who do not belong to that side to join. That's what campaigning IS, for goodness sakes!

I'm wondering what they call it when they parachute people who are not the choice of the local CLP into seats like Wallasey - yes, Angela, I'm looking at you. Is that a sort of official entryism?
"Poverty is the worst form of violence" - Mahatma Gandhi
JonnyT1234
Home Secretary

Post by JonnyT1234 »

ATL at the PLB:
Angela Eagle, the former shadow business secretary who announced that she was challenging Jeremy Corbyn for the Labour leadership yesterday, was on the Today programme this morning. John Humphrys said Eagle describes herself as strong, but that she was heard sounding tearful in interviews two weeks as she talked about resigning from the shadow cabinet. Would someone like that be tough enough to take on President Putin, he asked.
Irrespective of what you think of Eagle at the moment: John Humphrys, what a complete knob.

Edit: fixed tags and added source for the quote
Donald Trump: Making America Hate Again
JonnyT1234
Home Secretary

Post by JonnyT1234 »

UK scientists dropped from EU projects because of post-Brexit funding fears
One of the more infuriating aspects of this whole shambles: watching Channel 4 news a couple of days ago, there was a segment on the impact that Brexit will have on scientific research in the UK. It was very good on the tremendous issues it will cause for the UK's position as a world leader in research (pet hate, though, it focussed too much on the monetary costs when it's about much more than that).

And this is where it gets very frustrating: it was several days after the vote. What bloody use is that, free press, eh? What bloody use is that? Why wasn't this broadcast before hand?
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Post by AnatolyKasparov »

yahyah wrote:Have been trying to find out how much Eagle's attempts to 'unify' the party will cost.
Running a leadership election must cost the Labour party money in printing, postal and staff costs.
If anyone knows, would appreciate hearing how much it is. A quick search didn't bring results.
Well at least the party has more money now thanks to all the new members who have joined. Some on the right would like them to go away again, of course - and will try to get Corbyn excluded from the leadership ballot today in the hope that might happen :roll:
"IS TONTY BLAIR BEHIND THIS???!!!!111???!!!"
ephemerid
Speaker of the House

Post by ephemerid »

I've just been reading this, from November 2014 -

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/201 ... hip-change" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

20 nameless MPs, wanting Alan Johnson to challenge for the leadership (when he had already said he wasn't interested).
Blair joined in a month later, claiming Ed had gone too far left and alienated business.

Nothing happened, of course. Ed stayed on.

6 months later, Blair was telling anyone who'd listen that Ed made a "terrible mistake" in "ditching New Labour".

Shame he didn't ditch New Labour a bit more thoroughly, is what I think.
Last edited by refitman on Tue 12 Jul, 2016 9:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Admin: Link fixed
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

Good morfternoon.

These days, practically every communication I receive from Labour is concerned with internal machinations. Not much, for example, on the EU; or, more recently, the new Conservative leader\PM. I'm pissed off.
Lonewolfie
Lord Chancellor

Post by Lonewolfie »

If I may say - the tone of this is a bit patronising (the insert, not you Yah-Yah, natch :oops: ) - as though politically active people haven't seen or heard anything about Labours leadership until suddenly the bright light shines out from the 'Saviour' of the movement....so they need (if current estimated numbers are to be believed(TM)) around 100,000 new sign-ups who are 'Angela (the 'Pink Eagle of Unity')-centric' just to counter the post-Ref Corbynista surge...and they want people to 'sign up friends and family'....really?...and 'if you're a member, that's GGGRRReat (well done you - you're just spiffingly marvellous...unless you're one of the members who voted for Corbyn, in which case you're worse than the spawn of the devil and should just go away 'cos you're delusional, stupid and a total disaster)'.

Looking on the bright side, I suppose it would increase the Labour Party membership to nearly 700,000+....it's just such a shame that the Labour Party can't mobilise that force to fight the actual government and their repulsive anti-human lies and oppression.

And morfternoon all...
Proud to be 1 of the 76% - Solidarity...because PODEMOS
ephemerid
Speaker of the House

Post by ephemerid »

AnatolyKasparov wrote:
yahyah wrote:Have been trying to find out how much Eagle's attempts to 'unify' the party will cost.
Well at least the party has more money now thanks to all the new members who have joined. Some on the right would like them to go away again, of course - and will try to get Corbyn excluded from the leadership ballot today in the hope that might happen :roll:

Ho hum, Anatoly.....

They don't want the new members if they're going to support Corbyn, but they'll happily take their money.
Eagle will too - and wants people to get their friends and relations to join so that they can campaign for her.

Like many others, I was (when able) delivering leaflets, knocking on doors, supporting our Matthew Dorrance - and paying for the privilege. So many people worked so hard to get Ed Miliband into Number Ten. So many.

And now there's a leader who was voted in by a landslide in all categories of membership (even if the £3 supporters and union affiliates were excluded, Corbyn would still have won in the first round - he got 49.59% of the full members' vote to Burnham's 22.69%) and the PLP is treating the choice of the membership, the membership who pays for their campaigns and does all the hard slog to get them elected, with utter contempt.

I can't see this ending well. I am coming round to the view that Labour should split. The MPs who refuse to support their duly elected leader should just bugger off and form a party that suits them better than the one they are paid to represent.
It would be interesting to see how many members such a party would atttract from the existing and new membership.
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

To expand - keep me as leader because I'm Jeremy Corbyn. Or, alternatively, choose me as the new leader because I'm Angela Eagle. I don't see much to get behind on either side.
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

PorFavor wrote:Good morfternoon.

These days, practically every communication I receive from Labour is concerned with internal machinations. Not much, for example, on the EU; or, more recently, the new Conservative leader\PM. I'm pissed off.
I got an email from Jon Ashworth about developments in the Tories yesterday.
Lonewolfie
Lord Chancellor

Post by Lonewolfie »

A little bit of anecdotal stuff...

I met an 'Outer' of my acquaintance (who is actually a really nice chap - just seems to have a bee in his bonnet about 'immigruntz' and has been caustic about the EU for as long as I've known him) over the weekend at a party - said party attended by probably a minimum of 6 nationalities (with British gallows humour very much evident - 'if you get too p*****/not p***** enough you'll be deported (especially the Scots :lol: )' - I'd expected some serious crowing about the 'victory for common sense'....but no...the talk was of how easy it might be for someone with his qualifications to get work in Qatar (one of the other attendees has a 3 year contract in Qatar)....errr....ummm...err...(suffice to say, it hasn't really sunk in yet - I'm due another conversation there I think (just for clarity, natch))

...and at the same event, an Economics graduate...with a very interesting take on his degree course - his belief(TM) is that modern/neo-liberal economics is now taught with the vigour of a religion, in which you cannot think of or accept that there could possibly be any other way than the way being explained....which is, I believe(TM), why real economics (based in facts and evidence, not fractional reserve banking magic money trees etc) has such a hard time trying to be heard, let alone understood...the economist in question has actually read some work by someone called Marx (apparently Marx used to be a well known thinker in economics)....he now lives in deepest Gloucestershire, well away from his previous life (and is much much happier).
Proud to be 1 of the 76% - Solidarity...because PODEMOS
JustMom
Committee Member

Post by JustMom »

The BBC are reporting that Angela Eagle had a brick thrown through her window last night.
tinybgoat
Speaker of the House

Post by tinybgoat »

AnatolyKasparov wrote:
PorFavor wrote:Good morfternoon.

I got an email from Jon Ashworth about developments in the Tories yesterday.
Thanks for that, I remembered getting notification of that one yesterday, I just went to read it & couldn't find it,
looked further & found it in spam bin,
along with email about annual conference.
Looks like gmails taken a dislike to some pattern of words .
ephemerid
Speaker of the House

Post by ephemerid »

PorFavor wrote:To expand - keep me as leader because I'm Jeremy Corbyn. Or, alternatively, choose me as the new leader because I'm Angela Eagle. I don't see much to get behind on either side.
Morning, Por.

Or -
Let's have a scrap to get Corbyn out because he is unelectable and unpopular - then have to have a meeting of the NEC to sort out who's going to be on the ballot because the unelectable unpopular elected person is so popular he's too popular to be left off said ballot.

Or -
Let's have an ongoing plot just like we did with Ed, brief the media for months, have a couple of goes at it, fail....then resign in dribs and drabs over days on end to keep it in the news, put up someone who is braver than we are and wait and see what happens.

I don't have a vote, as I'm not a member any more. But if I were, I'd want more choice than this.

I think Corbyn has made it clear where he wants policy to go; but he is getting the same sort of flak that Ed got for not having any policies when a) he has some and b) his team are working on others. He hasn't had a lot of time to get going, to be fair.

I think Eagle has not made it clear what her policies are; she has pitched herself as a strong leader, a northerner with working-class roots, a woman with experience, etc. but I have no inkling what she would actually do policy-wise if she was leader.

Corbyn deserves some credit for being pretty dignified in the face of all this. Eagle has been quite brave - assuming her bid for the leadership is actually genuine; judging by the website business, it would seem she is genuine and has been planning this for some time.
I just can't help being disgusted with the PLP right now - if they are so certain that Labour has the wrong leader, why haven't they got more people chucking their hats in the ring? Where's their courage and conviction? Or is it all to be left to Eagle?

What a mess.
ephemerid
Speaker of the House

Post by ephemerid »

JustMom wrote:The BBC are reporting that Angela Eagle had a brick thrown through her window last night.
That is appalling.
Rebecca
Lord Chancellor

Post by Rebecca »

JustMom wrote:The BBC are reporting that Angela Eagle had a brick thrown through her window last night.
Hilary Benn said there was no evidence that the slim,grey haired man bearing an extraordinary resemblance to Jeremy Corbyn seen fleeing the scene had been the person lobbing the brick.
But 172 members of the plp will be dropping into the tv studios to say that it may have been him after all.
JonnyT1234
Home Secretary

Post by JonnyT1234 »

tinybgoat wrote:Looks like gmails taken a dislike to some pattern of words .
It's adopted the BBC filter - only letting worthless trivia through at the expense of useful information.
TobyLatimer
Chief Whip

Post by TobyLatimer »

So the NEC convenes today to decide on how to interpret the rules over who needs nominations. What happens if the NEC is split 50\50 and can't agree or compromise ?

Flip a coin ?
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Heh, doesn't the leader have the casting vote then?
PaulfromYorkshire
Site Admin

Post by PaulfromYorkshire »

ephemerid wrote:
That is appalling.
For clarity, it was her constituency office not her home.
frog222
Prime Minister

Post by frog222 »

Rebecca wrote:
Hilary Benn said there was no evidence that the slim,grey haired man bearing an extraordinary resemblance to Jeremy Corbyn seen fleeing the scene had been the person lobbing the brick.
But 172 members of the plp will be dropping into the tv studios to say that it may have been him after all.
I hope she remembered to wear gloves , after all she has a lot on her mind at the mom .
JonnyT1234
Home Secretary

Post by JonnyT1234 »

ATL at the PLB:
Here are more pictures of the removal van arriving at the back of Downing Street.

You might think that this is mere diary column trivia, but the removal van arriving at Downing Street is, in many respects, the defining image of British democracy because it represents the transfer of power. One moment someone can by prime minister, with all the machinery of the state at their disposal, but then if it all goes wrong, they’re out, and it is all summed up by a guy in a Simply Removals T-shirt and a large stack of cardboard packing boxes.
Now, did Sparrow(?) mean 'buy the' or 'be' when making that typo? Hmmm. Tricky to decide.
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

Post by RogerOThornhill »

Back again.

Given that 97% of our schools are either Good or Outstanding, Coulson had a tough audience to crack and certainly wasn't going to win them over with a "academies are fantastic and will improve your schools".

But he came over quite a moderate rather than the zealots we have for ministers and suggested that it might suit some.

I doubt he won anyone over though. There is enough good collaborative work being done in the borough that becoming an academy is simply a diversion from the real issues that we all have.

I'll keep an eye on the lists but can't at this stage see anyone jumping in.
If I'm not here, then I'll be in the library. Or the other library.
Rebecca
Lord Chancellor

Post by Rebecca »

JonnyT1234 wrote:ATL at the PLB:
Here are more pictures of the removal van arriving at the back of Downing Street.

You might think that this is mere diary column trivia, but the removal van arriving at Downing Street is, in many respects, the defining image of British democracy because it represents the transfer of power. One moment someone can by prime minister, with all the machinery of the state at their disposal, but then if it all goes wrong, they’re out, and it is all summed up by a guy in a Simply Removals T-shirt and a large stack of cardboard packing boxes.
Now, did Sparrow(?) mean 'buy the' or 'be' when making that typo? Hmmm. Tricky to decide.
Wearily wondering how much the new PMs' kitchen is going to cost us.
And how fast SamCam gets rid of the car (the 1400.00 or whatever it cost ) and sends the kids to public school.
gilsey
Prime Minister

Post by gilsey »

JonnyT1234 wrote:UK scientists dropped from EU projects because of post-Brexit funding fears
One of the more infuriating aspects of this whole shambles: watching Channel 4 news a couple of days ago, there was a segment on the impact that Brexit will have on scientific research in the UK. It was very good on the tremendous issues it will cause for the UK's position as a world leader in research (pet hate, though, it focussed too much on the monetary costs when it's about much more than that).

And this is where it gets very frustrating: it was several days after the vote. What bloody use is that, free press, eh? What bloody use is that? Why wasn't this broadcast before hand?
Science researchers are experts, we don't need them in our brave new world. :(

Seriously, can't imagine it would have swayed many leavers. Quote is from thatchersorphan's post the other night, strikes a chord with me - it's our experience here, isn't it? (My bold) I've seen the same thing on another forum I visit, mainly remainers, but the one declared leaver expressly said she wouldn't talk about her reasons.
One thing I found was that remainers were happy to talk about their reasons, undecided were mixed, some were 'don't cares' , but leavers didn't seem to want actual discussions or even to give their reasons - is this just my experience or a common one? If common, it could suggest that they have made up their minds and won't be reconsidering which is really depressing.
One world, like it or not - John Martyn
tinybgoat
Speaker of the House

Post by tinybgoat »

frog222 wrote:
Rebecca wrote:
I hope she remembered to wear gloves , after all she has a lot on her mind at the mom .
@ DPJHodges

@ DPJHodges
50m
Has Corbyn put out his statement on attack on Eagle's office yet. The one where where he says "I condemn all violence, from whatever side".

45m
And have Momentum and Stop The War put out their statement condemning Angela Eagle's office window for attacking the brick.
nickyinnorfolk
Minister of State

Post by nickyinnorfolk »

Just thinking about Nick Clegg.

I wonder how he feels about super authoritarian, 'Snoopers' Charter' Mrs May succeeding his old pal Dave. One of the reasons Clegg seemed to hate Labour (and I don't think that's too strong a word) was because of what he perceived to be their authoritarianism and desire for surveillance, as if he suspected them of harbouring a secret desire to emulate East Germany.

The Guardian, also, used to give loads of column inches to Henry Porter banging on about how terribly authoritarian Labour were supposed to be.

Clegg would repeatedly lie about Labour crashing the economy, which he knew to be rubbish. He also signed up to austerity which he'd previously described as 'economic masochism'.

The ultimate result of his political marriage to Cameron was destroying his party and getting an authoritarian PM into Downing Street Well done you, Nick. :wall:
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

@tinybgoat

That Dippy J Hodges, eh? What a refined and sophisticated wit.

Oh - just heard (BBC News) -

Larry the Cat is to stay at 10 Downing Street.
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

A Luton hotel, where Angela Eagle was due to appear tonight, has cancelled the booking (BBC). Presumably owing to security concerns, although the BBC didn't say as much (it was implied).
JonnyT1234
Home Secretary

Post by JonnyT1234 »

PorFavor wrote:A Luton hotel, where Angela Eagle was due to appear tonight, has cancelled the booking (BBC). Presumably owing to security concerns, although the BBC didn't say as much (it was implied).
"Staff at Angela Eagle's Wallasey office say a planned event in Luton had to be cancelled this morning after threats made in phone calls"
@lorna_hughes
nickyinnorfolk
Minister of State

Post by nickyinnorfolk »

Rebecca wrote:

And how fast SamCam gets rid of the car (the 1400.00 or whatever it cost ) and sends the kids to public school.
I read a few weeks ago that he'd already put his son's name down for a public school, although his daughter Nancy (of being left in the pub fame) was apparently staying on at her state school. Somebody (of Indian descent) tweeted that Cameron was like an Indian father who'd happily make sure the boy got a top education whereas the girl would have to lump it.

Also reminds me of something the Guardian's Hadley Freeman remarked about the public school system – the boys usually turn out extremely self confident, loud, often arrogant, whereas the girls get eating disorders. Sounds about right.
Last edited by nickyinnorfolk on Tue 12 Jul, 2016 12:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gilsey
Prime Minister

Post by gilsey »

nickyinnorfolk wrote:
Rebecca wrote:
I read a few weeks ago that he'd already put his son's name down for a public school, although his daughter Nancy (of being left in the pub fame) was apparently staying on at her state school. Somebody (of Indian descent) tweeted that Cameron was like an Indian father who'd happily make sure the boy got a top education whereas the girl would have to lump it.
I hate to be fair to Cameron, but possibly Nancy herself has vetoed it because she likes where she is.
One world, like it or not - John Martyn
JonnyT1234
Home Secretary

Post by JonnyT1234 »

nickyinnorfolk wrote:I read a few weeks ago that he'd already put his son's name down for a public school, although his daughter Nancy (of being left in the pub fame) was apparently staying on at her state school. Somebody (of Indian descent) tweeted that Cameron was like an Indian father who'd happily make sure the boy got a top education whereas the girl would have to lump it.
Slight problem with that. A state education is a top education compared to anything you'll ever get at a public school.

Edit: I think Cameron's probably going to be far more relieved that he'll never have to use exploit the NHS again. Particularly after having completely fucked it over for the past 6 years.
Last edited by JonnyT1234 on Tue 12 Jul, 2016 12:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.