Thursday 21st July 2016

A home from home
Forum rules
Welcome to FTN. New posters are welcome to join the conversation. You can follow us on Twitter @FlythenestHaven You are responsible for the content you post. This is a public forum. Treat it as if you are speaking in a crowded room. Site admin and Moderators are volunteers who will respond as quickly as they are able to when made aware of any complaints. Please do not post copyrighted material without the original authors permission.
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Re: Thursday 21st July 2016

Post by tinyclanger2 »

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/201 ... -nao-chief" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Whitehall’s official spending watchdog has :

... warned that the UK’s decision to leave the EU would mean government resources, including civil servants, IT professionals and legal advisers, being directed towards managing Brexit and therefore away from delivering major infrastructure projects.

Aiming his words at Downing Street, he said that government departments must be forced to reduce their commitments to major projects, which are valued at £405bn, because some government departments are facing cuts of up to 40%.
LET'S FACE IT I'M JUST 'KIN' SEETHIN'
PaulfromYorkshire
Site Admin

Post by PaulfromYorkshire »

Corbyn's former rival Angela Eagle cancels public meetings over security fears
[Express]

So despite her not being a rival, gangs of Corbynistas are ruthlessly attacking her?
PaulfromYorkshire
Site Admin

?

Conor McGinn MP ‏@ConorMcGinn 1h1 hour ago
.@jeremycorbyn Did you threaten to ring my Dad - who you don't know - to 'get him to talk to me' after reading my @theHouse_mag interview?
mbc1955
Lord Chancellor
Location: Stockport, Great Manchester in body, the Lake District at heart

Post by mbc1955 »

Fun as it's been trading Kirsty lyrics, I'm washed out now. There was an incident at work today from which I'm still reverberating and I'm powering down.

See you all tomorrow.
The truth ferret speaks!
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/692 ... e-Minister" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mr Amato [who wrote A50] told a conference in Rome, he had inserted the get-out clause specifically to prevent the British from complaining that there was no clear cut, official way for them to bail out of the Union.

"My intention was that it should be a classic safety valve that was there, but never used. It is like having a fire extinguisher that should never have to be used. Instead, the fire happened.”
LET'S FACE IT I'M JUST 'KIN' SEETHIN'
PaulfromYorkshire
Site Admin

Hackney Central (Hackney) result:
LAB: 75.2% (+11.2)
GRN: 9.9% (-13.0)
LDEM: 6.3% (-1.1)
CON: 5.6% (-0.2)
IND: 3.1% (+3.1)
ChrisDean
Backbencher

Post by ChrisDean »

In a few hours time I will be heading down to Plymouth for the early crossing to Roscoff.

Haven't been to France for about 14 years, feeling very excited.
refitman
Site Admin

Post by refitman »

ChrisDean wrote:In a few hours time I will be heading down to Plymouth for the early crossing to Roscoff.

Have a good time Chris.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

PaulfromYorkshire wrote:?

Conor McGinn MP ‏@ConorMcGinn 1h1 hour ago
.@jeremycorbyn Did you threaten to ring my Dad - who you don't know - to 'get him to talk to me' after reading my @theHouse_mag interview?
Conor McGinn

My Dad was Sinn Féin councillor. When I - as a Labour MP - challenged Jeremy, he demanded an apology and said he was going to ring my Dad.

Purely in response to ?
frog222
Prime Minister

Post by frog222 »

refitman wrote:
ChrisDean wrote:In a few hours time I will be heading down to Plymouth for the early crossing to Roscoff.

Have a good time Chris.
Welcome to France !
PaulfromYorkshire
Site Admin

Bellingham (Lewisham) result:
LAB: 56.8% (+2.8)
CON: 18.2% (+5.4)
LDEM: 10.9% (+5.1)
PBP: 7.8% (-5.6)
UKIP: 6.3% (+6.3)

Tories have held a couple too, but I haven't seen the scores.
JonnyT1234
Home Secretary

Post by JonnyT1234 »

The comptroller and auditor general of the National Audit Office, Sir Amyas Morse, said the government would have to treat leaving the EU as an “emergency” and that government departments would be forced to decide which plans could be cancelled or suspended.
Not signalled?
Donald Trump: Making America Hate Again
Hobiejoe
Minister of State

Post by Hobiejoe »

frog222 wrote:
refitman wrote:

Have a good time Chris.
Welcome to France !
Hey, steady on, he's not got to Plymouth yet - still time to give me a wave as he wafts down the A38. Then he's all yours.

Although some of my Breizh friends may contend that although he may land in Roscoff, he won't have landed in France...
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

Post by RogerOThornhill »

Britain Elects ‏@britainelects 4m4 minutes ago

Southcote (Reading) result:
LAB: 64.1% (+21.4)
CON: 26.1% (-8.8)
LDEM: 5.3% (+1.0)
GRN: 4.5% (+0.1)
No UKIP candidate from 2015.

:clap:
If I'm not here, then I'll be in the library. Or the other library.
GetYou
Minister of State

Post by GetYou »

mbc1955 wrote:
RobertSnozers wrote:
PorFavor wrote:@yahyah

Billy Bragg - I imagine you already know that we speak with one voice on that one! Dire stuff.
What??

You'll be telling me you prefer Kirsty MacColl's version of New England next
Actually, I do. But then I loved pretty near everything Kirsty MacColl ever did.
Aw I missed the Billy chat. She thought the original song was too short, so Billy wrote two extra verses for her, including my favorite lyrics from the entire song

"Once upon a time at home
I sat beside the telephone
Waiting for someone to pull me through
When at last it didn’t ring I knew it wasn’t you"

He sometimes includes these extra verses as a tribute to her when he sings it.
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

Goodnight, everyone.
love,
cJA
ChrisDean
Backbencher

Post by ChrisDean »

Thank you all for your good wishes.

At which point on the A38 should I wave to you, Hobiejoe?
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world ... 48216.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

An unarmed care worker was shot by police in North Miami while attempting to calm down his autistic patient.

Charles Kinsey, a behavioural therapist, had his hands up and said he was unarmed when police marksmen opened fire.
Hobiejoe
Minister of State

Post by Hobiejoe »

ChrisDean wrote:Thank you all for your good wishes.

At which point on the A38 should I wave to you, Hobiejoe?
When you get to Buckfastleigh you'll cross the river Dart. At that point face left and wave in a downstream direction as far as you can before your waving reaches the sea. We're just back a little bit, on the right, away from the river.

I've just got home from work, and looking out of my kitchen window I see you'll have a beautiful moon, near enough full, to guide your way.

Whereabouts are you heading to in France?
ChrisDean
Backbencher

Post by ChrisDean »

Only going to Roscoff this time Hobie, Saint Paul de Leon (?), just for the flavour.

I will wave to you, although I expect you'll be in deep slumber :-)
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

Think this is genuine

http://l-r-c.org.uk/news/story/ann-blac ... e-for-nec/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Ann Black and the Centre Left Grassroots Alliance Slate for NEC

Statement from LRC Executive Committee

While it may be too late to disrupt the current election of the NEC, in view of her role in disenfranchising members both at the July 19th NEC meeting and in suspending Brighton, Hove & District Labour Party, the LRC gives notice that it will never again support the candidacy of Ann Black for the NEC and calls for her immediate resignation as Chair of the Disputes Panel.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

Government Borrows More In Three Months Than It Originally Planned For The Whole Year

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/g ... 99a70967d7" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Hobiejoe
Minister of State

Post by Hobiejoe »

ChrisDean wrote:Only going to Roscoff this time Hobie, Saint Paul de Leon (?), just for the flavour.

I will wave to you, although I expect you'll be in deep slumber :-)
It's not as if you're getting the ferry in Dunkerque or Calais - Roscoff is a gorgeous little town, as is St Pol de Leon. I've used that ferry so many times, and I always wonder about why quite so many people are in such a tearing hurry to race south.

Some mates and I used to wheel our bikes on the old Quiberon (now that was a proper ship, sail in any weather, they'd lash you to your barstool, and served the best steak frites on the channel - in fact, back in the late eighties I came across the idea of a slow cooked braised lamb shank in the cafeteria of the old girl, well ahead of popular opinion. Served me well on the pub menu before the corporate world caught up and the price of shanks went through the roof. See also belly pork and oxtail.

Sadly the Armorique's food ain't what it should be - no proper restaurant any more with besuited waiters unveiling dishes under co-ordinated cloche reveals, all for £17 and all the langoustines you could eat (damn I miss those days) - but as it's the early sailing you'll be fine with coffee and pastries and a long thin sarnie for lunch. But, if you're coming back in the evening, I reckon Rick Stein is still right, they do a damned good steak frites if you ask for it medium-rare, grab some bread and look for the little 1/3 or 1/4 bottle of Le Vielle Ferme red. It's got a cockerel on the cover.

And when you get there, well crepes and a bowl of cidre to start, there are plenty of good places in the centre of Roscoff, after that, happy hunting!

And bon voyage!
extankie
Backbencher

Post by extankie »

YahYah..

Quote: "Thanks for asking about my blood pressure. I haven't taken it since the doc added more Ramipril in.
Will be back in two weeks for her to do another review, so will take it before then to show her some home readings. She thinks I'm out of stroke risk territory, and my cardiovascular risk factors are pretty good because of my generally healthy lifestyle. But the stress of this leadership nonsense, coming on so soon after the EU referendum pushes my buttons. Any uncertainty feels pretty intolerable.

Hope the dogs are enjoying the cooler weather, and your daughter's Christmas extravaganza isn't driving you potty."[/quote]

Anyone who can put others, including dogs, as highly as you do when they are not well, deserves some kind of respect. You have mine. Also good, reasoned post. I wish you well.