Friday 22 July 2016

A home from home
Forum rules
Welcome to FTN. New posters are welcome to join the conversation. You can follow us on Twitter @FlythenestHaven You are responsible for the content you post. This is a public forum. Treat it as if you are speaking in a crowded room. Site admin and Moderators are volunteers who will respond as quickly as they are able to when made aware of any complaints. Please do not post copyrighted material without the original authors permission.
AngryAsWell
Prime Minister

Re: Friday 22 July 2016

Post by AngryAsWell »

In his own words

Conor McGinn: I can no longer tolerate Jeremy Corbyn's hypocrisy
https://www.politicshome.com/news/uk/po ... ate-jeremy" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

What is the significance of the use of the name Frank Ryan by this man, does that have a roll in "bullying" ?
" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
JonnyT1234
Home Secretary

Post by JonnyT1234 »

PorFavor wrote:
ohsocynical wrote:
PorFavor wrote:I did notice that the BBC interviewed John McDonnell who said what he thought Philip Hammond should be doing re the economy. This interview was immediately followed by an interview with Owen Smith who said that Labour weren't saying anything about the economy. I genuinely don't know what the explanation is for that dissonance.

BBC slant on things? Lack of communication within Labour? The list is potentially endless.
A deliberate decision not to support or back anything connected to Corbyn whether it's good bad or indifferent, never mind they're the opposition and should be united against the Tories. It's that which is making me so angry.
That's just one of the many possibilities. The interviewer (the same one for both interviews) didn't point out the discrepancy. I should have thought that that would have been the responsible thing for a public broadcasting news outlet to do.
Given the deliberate shit stirring Smith is engaged with today, I'd suggest it's more deliberate shit stirring.
Donald Trump: Making America Hate Again
ephemerid
Speaker of the House

Post by ephemerid »

JonnyT1234 wrote:
Willow904 wrote:https://www.buzzfeed.com/jamieross/a-la ... xiRdnWx3lK
A Labour MP has claimed Jeremy Corbyn threatened to call his dad after he publicly criticised the party leader.
Conor McGinn, whose dad, Pat, was a councillor for Irish republican party Sinn Féin, made the claim on Twitter on Thursday evening and later said he thought Corbyn was attempting to “bully [him] into submission”
This is just weird. It's denied by a Corbyn spokesman. Odd thing to make up though. Was it a joke? Corbyn seems to have a very odd sense of humour. That whole thing on the Vice documentary about signing apples from his orchard. Was that serious? So hard to tell.
What is one of Corbyn's greatest assets? That he's not your typical, egotistical, self-centred politician. What's he said he wants to do with politics? Change it away from the antagonistic, aggressive, bullying bollocks it is now (e.g. PMQs).

How do you attack that asset? You make it appear that he isn't what he says he is, a la John Kerry and his war experience on Swift Boats.

It's an absolutely disgusting turn in the dirty tactics the PLP are deploying against Corbyn in their effort to depose him. They've already attempted and failed to make out he's (a) a misogynist, (b) an anti-Semite, (c) an incompetent buffoon who is unelectable. Now it's that he's a bully.

I hope Corbyn thrashes them now. I hope they all do piss off when Smith is thrashed, and leave the Labour Party in a strop. And I hope that they never get to practice politics again. They're fucking - and excuse my swearing, I've been trying to avoid it here - vile. Sick to bloody death of their sordid, petulant, childish horseshit.
I feel the same ****ing way.
"Poverty is the worst form of violence" - Mahatma Gandhi
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

JonnyT1234 wrote:
PorFavor wrote:
ohsocynical wrote: A deliberate decision not to support or back anything connected to Corbyn whether it's good bad or indifferent, never mind they're the opposition and should be united against the Tories. It's that which is making me so angry.
That's just one of the many possibilities. The interviewer (the same one for both interviews) didn't point out the discrepancy. I should have thought that that would have been the responsible thing for a public broadcasting news outlet to do.
Given the deliberate shit stirring Smith is engaged with today, I'd suggest it's more deliberate shit stirring.
Could be. I did suggest that there were many possibilities. My point is - we just don't know. You're as much in the dark as I am given our media.
utopiandreams
Speaker of the House

Post by utopiandreams »

I'd have to kill you if I commented on Len McCluskey's latest outburst.
I would close my eyes if I couldn't dream.
utopiandreams
Speaker of the House

Post by utopiandreams »

I once had my photo taken with Edwina. I didn't ask for a signed copy though. Honest.
JonnyT1234
Home Secretary

Post by JonnyT1234 »

RobertSnozers wrote:
Freedomofthepress wrote:I just copied this from Andrew Sparrow's blog:

"The intelligence services posing as Jeremy Corbyn supporters could be behind the abuse and intimidation of MPs on social media in an attempt to “stir up trouble” for the Labour leader, the Unite boss Len McCluskey has suggested. He said “dark practices” would ultimately be uncovered by the 30-year rule, under which classified documents are released into the public domain three decades after being written."
OK, that's a bit much.
You're right. The way things are, it's more likely to be members of the PLP doing the posing.

Joke. Or, joke?

Sorry, I'm in a stinking mood. I think it needs to thunder and lightning and I always get this way before a storm.
Temulkar
Secretary of State

Post by Temulkar »

I got a signed phot of Screaming Lord Sutch back in the 80s at a hustings.
Temulkar
Secretary of State

Post by Temulkar »

JonnyT1234 wrote:
RobertSnozers wrote:

"The intelligence services posing as Jeremy Corbyn supporters could be behind the abuse and intimidation of MPs on social media in an attempt to “stir up trouble” for the Labour leader, the Unite boss Len McCluskey has suggested. He said “dark practices” would ultimately be uncovered by the 30-year rule, under which classified documents are released into the public domain three decades after being written."
OK, that's a bit much.
You're right. The way things are, it's more likely to be members of the PLP doing the posing.

Joke. Or, joke?

Sorry, I'm in a stinking mood. I think it needs to thunder and lightning and I always get this way before a storm.
There's certainly a lot of twitter accounts being opened and duplicating ant-corbyn posts, Ive noticed a lot of clones like that spring up over the last week, but it is most likely misguided supporters of saving labour, just like there are head-the-bricks on the pro-corbyn front doing the same but opposite. I doubt any of it is encouraged specifically in a conspiratorial sort of way or by MI5. It is a minority of trolls on both sides, and lots of anger on both sides, being fanned by dumbass politicians on both sides.
utopiandreams
Speaker of the House

Post by utopiandreams »

There was a guy I've seen named by a fan on this very site that I took a particular dislike to when he repeatedly put himself above the other members of the band. Truth is he did go on to far greater success than they, but his vanity never quite left me.

Sorry, I don't know what prompted that.
fedup59
Committee Member

Post by fedup59 »

Whatever is true about plots, counter plots and nasty things that might happen, what the fuck are people frightened that Jeremy Corbyn will do if he ever gets into power?

Why is he so scary that it is necessary to destroy the Labour party from within or from the outside? He seems to me to be a relatively mild mannered, apparently principled person who was elected as leader of the Labour party.

The current level of vitriol seems to be end of times stuff.

He is not donald trump, he's not Boris Johnson, he's not Stalin, he's not even the alter ego of superman.

It is an election.
ephemerid
Speaker of the House

Post by ephemerid »

ohsocynical wrote:
Bridget Chapman
‏@BridgeeCee

@Scriptonite New twist. Labour now barring elected delegates from attending conference. Seem to be applying retrospective freeze date.

Bridget Chapman ‏@BridgeeCee Jul 20

@Scriptonite I'm one of the delegates affected. Have paid delegate fee of £116 + paid for hotel in advance (non refundable). Now told No
:?: :?: :?:

I don't understand this at all.

Could someone who knows about how conference works please explain how an elected delegate can be barred from attending?
"Poverty is the worst form of violence" - Mahatma Gandhi
JonnyT1234
Home Secretary

Post by JonnyT1234 »

fedup59 wrote:Whatever is true about plots, counter plots and nasty things that might happen, what the fuck are people frightened that Jeremy Corbyn will do if he ever gets into power?

Why is he so scary that it is necessary to destroy the Labour party from within or from the outside? He seems to me to be a relatively mild mannered, apparently principled person who was elected as leader of the Labour party.

He is not donald trump, he's not Boris Johnson, he's not Stalin, he's not even the alter ego of superman.

It is an election.
He wears sandals. And socks. Red socks. It truly is the end of times.

PS. See the blog I linked to earlier about a paradigm shift.

In my opinion, the press barons are terrified because they can't control him. The captains of industry are terrified because they can't control him and he is very supportive of the unions. The PLP is terrified because they got burnt by Foot, and more maliciously, because a large number of the old guard have done very well for themselves, very well indeed, out of private sector involvement in the public sector. Etc.
Last edited by JonnyT1234 on Fri 22 Jul, 2016 4:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
thatchersorphan
Committee Chair

Post by thatchersorphan »

Temulkar wrote:
JonnyT1234 wrote:
RobertSnozers wrote: OK, that's a bit much.

Joke. Or, joke?

There's certainly a lot of twitter accounts being opened and duplicating ant-corbyn posts, Ive noticed a lot of clones like that spring up over the last week, but it is most likely misguided supporters of saving labour, just like there are head-the-bricks on the pro-corbyn front doing the same but opposite. I doubt any of it is encouraged specifically in a conspiratorial sort of way or by MI5. It is a minority of trolls on both sides, and lots of anger on both sides, being fanned by dumbass politicians on both sides.
There's also a lot of existing tweeters who support Corbyn - but have also retweeted neo-nazis/neo-nazi memes, mostly, but not all, are also truthers. Some, like Scott Nelson (who voted ukip 'as a protest') are definitely not in Labour (despite his big Labour leave banner before EUref)
As someone on the fringes politically, I've noticed this small but vocal minority for a while, and they get used to discredit groups (and Corbyn) that they support, even though their views are not representative of, or even acceptable to, the group as a whole.
#shunantisemites mentions some of them

Then there's those purposefully trying to provoke abuse like anti-Corbyn https://twitter.com/francesbarber13/with_replies" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; (20kfollowers) "Stalin led pogroms for mentally disabled. Seumus loves him. And therefore Corbyn." along with blaming Corbyn for nice. She screenshots and reports abuse,to prove how nasty corbyn supporters are, but ask her how to comment on whats happening to the mentally ill in this country she blocks you.
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

Owen Smith has hired a leading corporate lobbyist who works for Pfizer to run his leadership campaign, Guido can reveal.
John Lehal is the smoothie MD of lobbying firm Insight Consulting, and boasts among his clients Big Pharma giants Pfizer, Novartis and Bristol-Myers Squibb.
Lehal’s dealings sparked controversy when he was signed up to run Andy Burnham’s doomed leadership bid last year.
Smith used to spin for Pfizer himself and has been dogged by his links to lobbyists over the last week, so it’s a stunning judgment call for him to be using another Pfizer lobbyist who loves Tony Blair:

http://linkis.com/G2YJL" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office. – Aesop
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

http://www.disabilityrightsuk.org/news/ ... led-people" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;’s?platform=hootsuite

Opportunity for disabled people to help hold Government to account on its record on disabled people’s rights

n 2017 the Committee on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities will be examining the UK’s compliance with the UN Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities (UNCRPD).
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

ephemerid wrote:
ohsocynical wrote:
Bridget Chapman
‏@BridgeeCee

@Scriptonite New twist. Labour now barring elected delegates from attending conference. Seem to be applying retrospective freeze date.

@Scriptonite I'm one of the delegates affected. Have paid delegate fee of £116 + paid for hotel in advance (non refundable). Now told No

Could someone who knows about how conference works please explain how an elected delegate can be barred from attending?
I don't either. Had a horrible suspicion we hadn't heard the last of this sort of thing, but hoped not.
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

TobyLatimer wrote:Hammond is going to 'reset' economic policy.

Why not go the whole hog and use the system restore facility, or a back up disc ?
ScreenShot01500.jpg
Turn it off and do over.

Good-afternoon, everyone. I'm catching up on posts.
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

ephemerid wrote:
ohsocynical wrote:
Bridget Chapman
‏@BridgeeCee

Is it along the same lines as the six month cut off for supporters voting for the leadership, with delegates who were put forward/elected in their local CLPs within the last six months being subjected to the same rule?

I have an awful job untangling this sort of thing.
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

Cllr Kevin Peel ‏@kevpeel 52m52 minutes ago

In next week's broadcast by Len McCluskey: How strapping bread rolls to your face can stop MI6 from watching your dreams.
fedup59
Committee Member

Post by fedup59 »

JonnyT1234 wrote:
fedup59 wrote:Whatever is true about plots, counter plots and nasty things that might happen, what the fuck are people frightened that Jeremy Corbyn will do if he ever gets into power?

It is an election.
He wears sandals. And socks. Red socks. It truly is the end of times.

PS. See the blog I linked to earlier about a paradigm shift.

In my opinion, the press barons are terrified because they can't control him. The captains of industry are terrified because they can't control him and he is very supportive of the unions. The PLP is terrified because they got burnt by Foot, and more maliciously, because a large number of the old guard have done very well for themselves, very well indeed, out of private sector involvement in the public sector. Etc.
Do you think there's a big chunk of hubris at work here? Having created the chaos of brexit, fabricated the existence of trump as a contender, are the press barons so convinced of their power to control all narratives that they don't need the pretence of democratic functionality any longer?

I thought the blog was good but I think we need to better understand both the tipping point of such a paradigm shift and the best way to do it. Does hubris offer a way through?

How can we create a tonal shift that can clear the current poison polluting the atmosphere while fighting the policies that are being implemented as we speak?
yahyah
Prime Minister

Post by yahyah »

Saw Roger's post about ex BBC Craig Oliver.

Another of the fabled BBC 'lefties' is UKIP's Suzanne Evans who worked for the Beeb for twelve years on programmes like Woman's Hour, Today, Radio 5, and BBC local radio.
yahyah
Prime Minister

Post by yahyah »

BBC repeating ''Angela Eagle....who recently had a brick thrown through the window of her constituency building'' in Radio 4's 5pm headlines.
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

Cn-lq_RWgAAmAHn.jpg
Cn-lq_RWgAAmAHn.jpg (42.35 KiB) Viewed 7627 times
Mirror Politics ‏@MirrorPolitics 55m55 minutes ago
George Osborne turfed out of posh Downing St office into "s**t" room next to the photocopier
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/ge ... sh-8472887" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

There is some justice in the world.
yahyah
Prime Minister

Post by yahyah »

ohsocynical wrote:
Freedomofthepress wrote:
AnatolyKasparov wrote:
On a related topic, I presume quite a few on here will have got their NEC voting papers.

Its a secret ballot, and people can vote as they will. Just to pinpoint two people who I don't think should be supported:

Christine Shawcroft - hideous unreconstructed ultra-leftist sectarian. I remember well her rant against OMOV at the 1993 conference, when she said we shouldn't give ordinary members more power as they would just do what the right wing press told them (insert your own punchline with reference to recent events here)

Bex Bailey - equally ghastly mega-Progress (something she omits to mention in her supremely vacuous statement, surprise!) ideas free careerist who, like others of her type, genuinely appears to believe in nothing except "networking". Has also stated her burning desire to become an MP before she is 30 :sick:
:)
---------
Re: Christine Shawcroft - she is one of the recommended 6 Corbyn Supporters that we are being encouraged to vote for should we be of a leftish leaning.
I am open to receiving advice on who I should vote for for the best outcome but I have to say this was something she said in 1993 (23 years ago) and all this week, we are being told that we shouldn't judge Owen Smith on stuff he said as long ago as 2008 (8 years ago) as he has most likely changed his mind since then??? Perhaps, Shawcroft does not believe whatever she was spouting 23 years ago either??

I agree with your observations in relation to Bex Bailey.
I posted the statement about Shawcroft on a previous page. She evidently voted for the £25 fee. And for the decision to suspend Brighton and Hove Labour party.
Wasn't that about Ann Black ?
Apologies if I missed one about Shawcroft too. I saw Anatoly had stated his view on her.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

https://www.theguardian.com/society/pat ... -to-hunger" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

'No money for over a month': how benefit delays lead to hunger
A new study finds errors and delays in the benefits system forces many claimants to turn to food banks
yahyah
Prime Minister

Post by yahyah »

JonnyT1234 wrote:
PorFavor wrote:
ohsocynical wrote: A deliberate decision not to support or back anything connected to Corbyn whether it's good bad or indifferent, never mind they're the opposition and should be united against the Tories. It's that which is making me so angry.

Unless we know what time McDonnell and Smith were both interviewed, and I'm not suggesting that Smith [or McDonnell at various times, for that matter] might not be shit stirring, it is not something that can be substantiated.

edited to add...in case that's clear as mud I mean Smith may have been interviewed earlier than McDonnell. One of the complaints against the leadership is lack of communication, so if those complaints are true then this may be one of those occasions.
Last edited by yahyah on Fri 22 Jul, 2016 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
thatchersorphan
Committee Chair

Post by thatchersorphan »

"I voted leave for an adventure, rather than any political motive behind it. It seemed like something fun to do. http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/article/3 ... cting-that" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
yahyah
Prime Minister

Post by yahyah »

I hope I live to be ninety to bloomin' well find out.

Remember reading something about the military or M16 starting up a cyber blackops operation a while ago. Only surprise was that they hadn't had one earlier !

If...a big if and maybe McCluskey's wearing a bit tin foil hat, it is true then maybe some at the hatred aimed at those who have been experiencing the abuse should abate.
If you believed the nasty stuff was coming from Corbyn supporters you would want it to stop, and it would make sense to believe that removing Corbyn would help stop it.
Willow904
Prime Minister

Post by Willow904 »

RobertSnozers wrote:
utopiandreams wrote:I'm sorry, Willow, but I've known or met many that sign photos. Some not all are egotists.
I met Ed Miliband a few years ago. I managed to get a moment to shake his hand and exchange a few words in amongst the queue of people lining up to take selfies with him. I don't recall anyone calling him an egotist for posing.
I'm not sure where this thing about Corbyn supposedly being an egotist for signing photos came from. My comment was that as he was already signing photos, I couldn't work out if the apple thing was a genuine follow on from that or a joke inspired by that. Bemusement, rather than criticism. I was genuinely interested if others had seen it and what they made of it.
"Fall seven times, get up eight" - Japanese proverb
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

yahyah wrote:
ohsocynical wrote:
Freedomofthepress wrote:

---------
Re: Christine Shawcroft - she is one of the recommended 6 Corbyn Supporters that we are being encouraged to vote for should we be of a leftish leaning.
I am open to receiving advice on who I should vote for for the best outcome but I have to say this was something she said in 1993 (23 years ago) and all this week, we are being told that we shouldn't judge Owen Smith on stuff he said as long ago as 2008 (8 years ago) as he has most likely changed his mind since then??? Perhaps, Shawcroft does not believe whatever she was spouting 23 years ago either??

I agree with your observations in relation to Bex Bailey.
I posted the statement about Shawcroft on a previous page. She evidently voted for the £25 fee. And for the decision to suspend Brighton and Hove Labour party.
Wasn't that about Ann Black ?
Apologies if I missed one about Shawcroft too. I saw Anatoly had stated his view on her.
My mistake. Sorry. Yes Ann Black. Not Shawcross.
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

Ann Black and the Centre Left Grassroots Alliance Slate for NEC

Statement from LRC Executive Committee

While it may be too late to disrupt the current election of the NEC, in view of her role in disenfranchising members both at the July 19th NEC meeting and in suspending Brighton, Hove & District Labour Party, the LRC gives notice that it will never again support the candidacy of Ann Black for the NEC and calls for her immediate resignation as Chair of the Disputes Panel.
Here it is again, just for accuracy.
JonnyT1234
Home Secretary

Post by JonnyT1234 »

thatchersorphan wrote:"I voted leave for an adventure, rather than any political motive behind it. It seemed like something fun to do. http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/article/3 ... cting-that" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I voted remain for a bit of comfort. There was a lot political about it. It seemed like a miserable thing to do.

Yep, it fails the Hoggart test. Just as mind-numbingly stupid when stated as the opposite as it sounded first time around.
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

"Labour MP Angela Eagle was advised by counter-terrorism police to cancel her constituency surgeries or hold them in a more secure
location because of the level of abuse she received after trying to challenge Jeremy Corbyn for party leader. She stopped holding
walk-in surgeries on security grounds, citing police concerns, but was subsequently accused of exaggerating their advice.

However The Independent can reveal the contents of a personal message from a counter-terrorism expert at Merseyside Police,
which supports her account of events. The expert said it would be "a good idea to, if possible, to cancel or postpone these surgeries".
It went on to say if that were not possible, police "would recommend a different location be used that can offer some form of access
control or security on site"."

- Angela Eagle received advice from counter-terrorism police after challenging Jeremy Corbyn's leadership

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/po ... 50561.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Article out a few hours ago.
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

I talked to the other half's mum about 20 mins ago.
Asked her if she wanted a cup of tea.
Papers haven't got hold of it yet though. :shock:
LET'S FACE IT I'M JUST 'KIN' SEETHIN'
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

Just a Corbynite Minute

To talk for 60 seconds without conspiracy theory,repetition or deviation from reality.

Remember to laugh if that is too much remember not to hate.
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/201 ... referendum" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Am experiencing "Celtic Brit" envy. :shock: :shock:
yahyah
Prime Minister

Post by yahyah »

thatchersorphan wrote:"I voted leave for an adventure, rather than any political motive behind it. It seemed like something fun to do. http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/article/3 ... cting-that" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
''The EU was status quo and life wasn't interesting enough'' :smack:

Democracy, don't ya just love it ? I fear for TinyC when they see that.
Last edited by yahyah on Fri 22 Jul, 2016 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

From receiving an £18,000 cottage on wheels as a present to being exempt from Freedom of Information laws, Prince George lives a life that is worlds apart from the average toddler

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/peopl ... 48976.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Crown still technically owning the whole country, can't say we've got it back to any great extent.
Last edited by tinyclanger2 on Fri 22 Jul, 2016 6:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TobyLatimer
Chief Whip

Post by TobyLatimer »

I'm a cack handed dozy twit.

Leaning over to reach a cuppa I accidentally pressed down with all my weight onto the micro usb charger where it was plugged into the port of my tablet.

Result - no charge going into tablet due to it being rendered useless. Smashed to bits. This is an ex-tablet.

Less than 20 mins left now, so if I disappear it isn't that I have flounced off , I might take a few days to get a new device.

Laters .

BFN
yahyah
Prime Minister

Post by yahyah »

Thanks for clarifying that about Ann Black OhSo
Am having trouble following it all, so wasn't sure if I'd seen it and forgotten it.
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

yahyah wrote:
Democracy, don't ya just love it ? I fear for TinyC when they see that.
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRrrr
GGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

tinyclanger2 wrote:From receiving an £18,000 cottage on wheels as a present to being exempt from Freedom of Information laws, Prince George lives a life that is worlds apart from the average toddler

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/peopl ... 48976.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Crown still technically owning the whole country, can't say we've got it back to any great extent.
Bugger! I knew I'd forgotten to post something.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

#The Rolling Stones do not endorse Donald Trump. You Can't Always Get What You Want was used without the band's permission.
yahyah
Prime Minister

Post by yahyah »

A German paper has unconfirmed reports that 15 people were killed in the Munich shopping centre attack.
Rebecca
Lord Chancellor

Post by Rebecca »

RobertSnozers wrote:
tinyclanger2 wrote:I talked to the other half's mum about 20 mins ago.
Asked her if she wanted a cup of tea.
Papers haven't got hold of it yet though. :shock:
You forgot to alert the whips' office.

Edit: wasn't one of the main plotters/leakers and the guy who was orchestrating the resignations in the whips' office? Oh... Just checked and found this from a report by Sky News' Sophy Ridge:
I’m told the Labour MP coordinating and choreographing the resignations is @ConorMcGinn – significant as he’s in Jeremy Corbyn’s Whips Office. He’s ringing shadow cabinet members and ministers, organising the timings and co-ordinating the resignations to try to cause maximum impact. This is significant because he’s one of Jeremy Corbyn’s Whips – tasked with ensuring party discipline.
Anyone still want to take McGinn at his word?

Frankly, in the light of a betrayal by one of the people responsible for party discipline, I think Corbyn has been remarkably restrained.

You may recall ,some weeks ago,how distressed the Labour whips office was when somebody,poss even Corbyn himself,said that someone from the whips was leaking info to Cameron just before pmqs.
I am now making a wild guess as to who that person is.
yahyah
Prime Minister

Post by yahyah »

Corbyn calling on people to 'cool the political temperature', and quit the abuse.
yahyah
Prime Minister

Post by yahyah »

Hi Rebecca.

Thanks for your post last night. It sounds silly, but I didn't realise just how stressed I felt until you asked if I was ok. Just recognising it has really helped to shift things.
Last edited by yahyah on Fri 22 Jul, 2016 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

yahyah wrote:Thanks for clarifying that about Ann Black OhSo
Am having trouble following it all, so wasn't sure if I'd seen it and forgotten it.
My reputation for getting names muddled is unbroken....
yahyah
Prime Minister

Post by yahyah »

Copy of a letter 45 female MPs have sent to Corbyn. Pic came out too large to post it.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cn-hlqeWEAE0kVe.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

the last of the signatures is here:
" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Last edited by yahyah on Fri 22 Jul, 2016 6:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.