Thursday 28 July 2016

A home from home
Forum rules
Welcome to FTN. New posters are welcome to join the conversation. You can follow us on Twitter @FlythenestHaven You are responsible for the content you post. This is a public forum. Treat it as if you are speaking in a crowded room. Site admin and Moderators are volunteers who will respond as quickly as they are able to when made aware of any complaints. Please do not post copyrighted material without the original authors permission.
frog222
Prime Minister

Re: Thursday 28 July 2016

Post by frog222 »

frog222 wrote:I watched these again .

Prefer him, any (fucking) day , to Smith

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
edited -- to amend with 'fucking' .
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

It was more my mum,blonde,northern,similar age.
frog222
Prime Minister

Post by frog222 »

North of Watford then ...:)
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

HindleA wrote:Actually my real name-which is very close to a woman of some notoriety did for some years and still occasionally result in wary looks.I don't why happening to a have a similar name to somebody seems to pose a threat.
I think I know who you mean, always assuming your screen name gives any pointers.

Edited - typo
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

Post by RogerOThornhill »

What the?

Hinkley Point: New hitch for UK nuclear plant deal

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-36903904
Plans to build the first new UK nuclear plant in 20 years have suffered an unexpected delay after the government postponed a final decision until the early autumn.

French firm EDF, which is financing most of the £18bn Hinkley Point project in Somerset, approved the funding at a board meeting.

Contracts were to be signed on Friday.

But Business Secretary Greg Clark has said the government will "consider carefully" before backing it.

According to reports, EDF's chief executive Vincent de Rivaz has cancelled a trip to the UK on Friday following Mr Clark's comments.
Seriously?

They wait until EDF have announced they'll go ahead ...and then say "Oh we haven't actually made our minds up yet"

Sheer incompetence.
If I'm not here, then I'll be in the library. Or the other library.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

To.PF.

"Y"?
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

HindleA wrote:To.PF.

"Y"?
"Y" indeed.
frog222
Prime Minister

Post by frog222 »

RogerOThornhill wrote:What the?

Hinkley Point: New hitch for UK nuclear plant deal

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-36903904
Plans to build the first new UK nuclear plant in 20 years have suffered an unexpected delay after the government postponed a final decision until the early autumn.

French firm EDF, which is financing most of the £18bn Hinkley Point project in Somerset, approved the funding at a board meeting.

Contracts were to be signed on Friday.

But Business Secretary Greg Clark has said the government will "consider carefully" before backing it.

According to reports, EDF's chief executive Vincent de Rivaz has cancelled a trip to the UK on Friday following Mr Clark's comments.
Seriously?

They wait until EDF have announced they'll go ahead ...and then say "Oh we haven't actually made our minds up yet"

Sheer incompetence.

Roger -- I hope for our (French) sake that the fuckin thing is buried, but am sure it's not !
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

Goodnight.
AngryAsWell
Prime Minister

Post by AngryAsWell »

RobertSnozers wrote:
AngryAsWell wrote:
RobertSnozers wrote: That's how your previous post came across to me, yes.
Yes you are quite right sorry. I think I got fed up of banging my head on a wall
Robert would you be happier if I stopped posting here? You seem to take delight in trying to take apart anything (not quite everything, but I'm sure you know what I mean) I post that has a hint of Corbyn in it.
And no (referring to your post and the answer to it above) I'm not flouncing, I'm asking you a serious question.
No, I wouldn't be happier if you stopped posting, not at all. I'm sorry you felt you were banging your head against a brick wall, I felt the same way. I'm inclined to take a few days off to let things cool down. I'm not very happy here at the moment anyway, which is more down to me (and the circumstances we find ourselves in as a country) than anyone else. I sense my presence isn't doing much for others' peace of mind either.

I assure you I have no delight in taking apart posts of any description. None of this makes me happy. Frankly I'm miserable at the moment. What I am trying to do is apply some scrutiny to sources that I think are biased or not properly evidenced. I don't agree with it when people post rumour and innuendo about Owen Smith, which we've had a conversation about collectively over the last few days - I thought the post yesterday dismantling the notion that Smith claimed three times as much in expenses as Corbyn was particularly helpful - but I don't think we should stand for it for Corbyn, either. If sources stand up to the scrutiny then great, we've all gained. Likewise if they don't, and I think some of the posts about Momentum are very much driven by an agenda whatever the truth might be. I don't think it benefits anyone if there are articles or claims floating around that aren't accurate or at worst are twisted to make lies out of facts. Perhaps it's my communications background coming through again - I can't help but look through statements to see what might lay behind them, and sometimes it's all too easy.

If I see a link to something I have suspicions over, I will look at it critically. I'd be denying my nature if I didn't.

Please don't go. I'm sorry if I've seemed antagonistic. I'm happy to take some time away to let things cool down.
I'm sorry as well, I'm over stressed at the moment so I really should not engage. Please, don't you go either.
shall we hug and make up? :)
:hug:
JonnyT1234
Home Secretary

Post by JonnyT1234 »

In the year the UK decides to stick two fingers up at our neighbours, the Norwegians contemplate moving mountains to help their Finnish ones celebrate their 100th birthday next year.
Donald Trump: Making America Hate Again
JonnyT1234
Home Secretary

Post by JonnyT1234 »

HindleA wrote:Actually my real name-which is very close to a woman of some notoriety did for some years and still occasionally result in wary looks.I don't why happening to a have a similar name to somebody seems to pose a threat.
Is it because you had the same hairstyle and/or handbag as her (if I'm guessing the notorious name correctly)?
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

I do sometimes wonder if I am just a git.
On the plus side I don't set out to be.
LET'S FACE IT I'M JUST 'KIN' SEETHIN'
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

Earlier,username takeA add y.On assumption of your assumption .
AngryAsWell
Prime Minister

Post by AngryAsWell »

HindleA wrote:Earlier,username takeA add y.On assumption of your assumption .
That's the first word game I've ever got..... (being dyslexic and not very good with words that is)
JonnyT1234
Home Secretary

Post by JonnyT1234 »

Ah. Get you. Not her but her.
JonnyT1234
Home Secretary

Post by JonnyT1234 »

On the topic, my own surname has given me and my family no end of trouble* over the years on account of it looking Eastern European despite having nothing to do with the region. I've often wondered whether it's prevented me from getting invitations to view some rental properties since the rise of UKIP, particularly when a former sparky friend of mine once regaled me of tales of putting phones down on people just because they had Indian accents (he was an odd mix of genuinely nice guy but quite, quite racist).

Edit: * from people misspelling it, not being overtly xenophobic about it, I must add.
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

At the risk of being repetitive:

See Ohso's post of 23 July 15.50 and look at the picture.

What do you see?
JonnyT1234
Home Secretary

Post by JonnyT1234 »

JonnyT1234 wrote:Ah. Get you. Not her but her.
Of course, people in the future will be giving you funny looks because your name reminds them of a massively expensive white elephant in Somerset. ;)
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

Or still getting massive amusement on using my first name as reason to ask the stunningly original and rip roaringly funny question "How long did it take you to build your Wall?"
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/po ... 60786.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Racist England - pretty appalling.

https://cartodb-basemaps-a.global.ssl.f ... 5/15/9.png" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

Tonight I met the first Brexiter in the polite middle class pub I frequent I've ever met. And he was a maths teacher and a life long Labour voter.

He had a Chocolate Labrador called Sapa (after Sapa Inca) and a Peruvian wife.

And he took my obvious mockery in good spirits.

We can't just write them all off as racists and idiots no matter how tempting that might be because it's easy.

I don't know. Perhaps we could just gas them with some selective toxin based on some kind of intelligence test.
extankie
Backbencher

Post by extankie »

Freedomofthepress wrote:Observation:

Owen Smith seems to be getting quite a bit of media attention at the moment and I know a lot of that has to do with him announcing his Leadership policies yesterday but will Jeremy Corbyn be getting the same level of media attention when he does the same??
From what I`ve read/heard, the policies Smith announced were Corbyn`s first, just not reported in the msm.
I have no idea if this is true, but it seems very likely. If this is the case, why are they "good" when Smith announces them, but "Hard left" when Corbyn`s? Dont get it, but I`m a well known idiot:)
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

You are not an idiot,that is my job. :D